Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I posted this in the latest episode thread. The public at large doesn't care all that much about the sons. It is all on the daughters and daughters in law.

For a cult as patriarchal as theirs, they rely on the women to do the heavy lifting. And no, I don't mean just pregnancy wise. The Lonely Js thread (up until Jed! 2020) should have been renamed Jana Duggar featuring the Lonely Js for as much discussion as the other unmarried sons generated.

Really strange how women are all of a sudden an asset when the public is more interested in them then the men. 

It’s because the men are boring and homely looking.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

The Bateses are the same way. Although those men seem to have egos bigger than Russia and China combined. 

I'm pretty sure a Duggar male couldn't spell "ego".

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The Bateses are the same way. Although those men seem to have egos bigger than Russia and China combined. 

The Bates boys are way better looking, have better hair, wear better clothes, and seem to have personalities.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Looks like a pregnancy announcement.

Prices at the Huntley Hotel start at $320 a night. Maybe they just stayed in the lobby for their photoshoot. 

No credit to the photographer?

• LOL 4

If your vacuous and you know it clap your hands. Look at that, Felicity is not clapping. Jeremy is too vain to do a pregnancy announcement photoshoot with Felicity dressed like that. There’s nothing wrong with the outfit, but just the vibe he gives. Pretty soon I will be proven wrong.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, SMama said:

If your vacuous and you know it clap your hands. Look at that, Felicity is not clapping. Jeremy is too vain to do a pregnancy announcement photoshoot with Felicity dressed like that. There’s nothing wrong with the outfit, but just the vibe he gives. Pretty soon I will be proven wrong.

I agree. Both he and Felicity would be dressed better for a pregnancy announcement. I do expect one soon, though. Jinger enjoyed having a sibling close in age and I can see her wanting that for Felicity. Plus I don’t think they’ll have more than two or three kids, and Jeremy is 30 — I can see him wanting them all grown up by the time he’s 50 and wants to retire. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Question...if RFP were to retire, how would anyone know the difference?

ETA: Ha! Zella and I are mind twins....

You know what they say about great minds. 😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Very often the Vuolos  seem dressed for different seasons in the same picture.

That was the first thing I noticed. Felicity's in flannel, while Jinger sports a summer dress and bare legs. It's a weird but common theme in many of their pictures.

• Love 16
18 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I'm not sure that explains anything, though. 

The women aren't much more than average looking either (and some only average) and they're at least as boring as the men, seems to me! 

I'd bet that viewers just saw a ton of the JSlaves when they were younger so they got attached to them and hang around to hear their "stories," no matter how dull and even false those stories are. 

It's like being curious about what's going on with some dull neighbor (even though you're not actually attached to them in any way) just because you've seen them a million times and they live close to you.....while not caring at all about the doings of somebody who lives a couple blocks away that you only see occasionally (even if that person's doings are potentially more interesting).

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Lunera said:

Looks like a pregnancy announcement.

Prices at the Huntley Hotel start at $320 a night. Maybe they just stayed in the lobby for their photoshoot. 

Yeah, all the seminarians go there.  

How many people in the group they could actually influence are likely to book rooms in that hotel because Jingle and Jer were photographed there? Seems to me they continue to bark up the wrong trees. 

14 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Why is Prop dressed like a gender-fluid lumberjack?

Maybe they read our extensive commentary on how they need to move toward either the liberal or the conservative-but-so-cool-and-hip side if they want to make a buck. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7

There is NFW the Huntley Hotel comped them a damned thing. They’re just squatting their lobby.

(Unless one of their rich idiot benefactors  MacArthur buds owns that place...but most high end hotels aren’t all that thrilled with their lobby looking like a high-end day care.)

• Love 14
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That was the first thing I noticed. Felicity's in flannel, while Jinger sports a summer dress and bare legs. It's a weird but common theme in many of their pictures.

Yeah, and it's especially odd because it doesn't always vary in the same direction. Sometimes you do have one person in a group who's always warmer or colder than everybody else so they dress differently. But that doesn't seem to be the case here. 

Sometimes Felicity's the "dressed warm" one and other times she's the "dressed for summer" one. 

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm not sure that explains anything, though. 

The women aren't much more than average looking either (and some only average) and they're at least as boring as the men, seems to me! 

I'd bet that viewers just saw a ton of the JSlaves when they were younger so they got attached to them and hang around to hear their "stories," no matter how dull and even false those stories are. 

It's like being curious about what's going on with some dull neighbor (even though you're not actually attached to them in any way) just because you've seen them a million times and they live close to you.....while not caring at all about the doings of somebody who lives a couple blocks away that you only see occasionally (even if that person's doings are potentially more interesting).

The J'Slaves (and Josh) were prominently featured and people were able to assign personalities to them, even if they were one dimensional. Kind of like the Spice Girls. Jana was CinderJana, Jill was the snitch, Jessa was the beauty/vain one, Jinger was the rebel, and Joy was the tomboy. 

TLC was able to create personalities for them even if they didn't have them. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The J'Slaves (and Josh) were prominently featured and people were able to assign personalities to them, even if they were one dimensional. Kind of like the Spice Girls. Jana was CinderJana, Jill was the snitch, Jessa was the beauty/vain one, Jinger was the rebel, and Joy was the tomboy. 

TLC was able to create personalities for them even if they didn't have them. 

But they're pretty much still those people, with the exception of Jessa who must be too tired to play princess around the clock, so "create" might not exactly be the most useful word...

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I really feel bad for kids born during the invention of smartphones. You are constantly filmed and posted online. It sucks.

Ain't that the truth. I have a cousin who's a notorious over-sharer and I pity the day her oldest son comes of age and realizes his mother detailed every diaper blowout and toilet training accident on the Internet for the world to see. They might as well start saving for his therapy bills now.

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

There is NFW the Huntley Hotel comped them a damned thing. They’re just squatting their lobby.

(Unless one of their rich idiot benefactors  MacArthur buds owns that place...but most high end hotels aren’t all that thrilled with their lobby looking like a high-end day care.)

After zooming in on the picture, they look to be in the restaurant, which would explain why they’re there, you know, since JereME IS a foodie and all.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I really feel bad for kids born during the invention of smartphones. You are constantly filmed and posted online. It sucks.

True, but many parents are smart enough not to exploit their kids by continually posting pictures and videos of them to millions of complete strangers, unlike the Duggars.

• Love 9

I think people just got attached to the J'slaves because many of us felt empathy that teen girls were essentially tasked with raising an entire brood of kids. And got even more attached to them after it came to light that part of their "growing up" was getting molested by their brother Josh. I admit I still hold onto the hope that they do more than post pictures of their kids on Instagram. Guess I'm a hopeless romantic that way.

As for oversharing kids' photos (or oversharing period) and constantly asking for donations, it very much is a millennial thing. I think I mentioned this but I once found myself watching a "instagram live" video of a trans-gender reveal party where the woman --> man got like adult sized diapers, an "It's a Boy" T-shirt, a phallus-shaped cake, but after all that was over it was just a bunch of hipsters drinking beer in a tiny apartment. But they asked for donations throughout the Instagram live party. These aren't celebrities at all. 

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Cade and Gabby released a wedding video on December 4 so Wednesday. (Cade and Gabby are JinJer's American Idol winner friends.) It is snark worthy. They wrote their own vows. He calls her mama during the vows. She promises to let him lead.  Jer says a few cliches about marriage (he's the officiant.)  Jer, Jin, and Lissy are at the reception. It's under 7 minutes on youtube (Gabby Barrett wedding). 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Would someone please explain to that fluffhead that merely being someone who likes to eat doesn’t make him a “foodie” ? A career foodie has perspective and expertise to offer...

1) They know how to cook on a near-professional level and/or have gone through culinary arts training.

2) They often have traveled extensively and have in-depth knowledge about indigenous cuisines.

3) They have written about food and/or worked as a restaurant reviewer or food writer.

RFP has none of these things.

My Golden retriever really likes food, any food...that doesn’t make him a food influencer.

FFS.

Agreed. I like to eat. I have a friend who likes to eat and who also has a culinary degree and has done food writing. I would never dare attempt to be a foodie in her presence. LOL Actually, now that I think about it, I should probably send her links to Jeremy's Instagram and ask for her opinion! 😂

Incidentally, I think Jeremy's lack of apparent knowledge besides liking to eat is part of why he sucks as an influencer. (Besides his curious ignorance toward basic marketing) Isn't it @Churchhoney who has pointed out that influencers are expected to teach their followers something and that Jeremy and Jinger really have nothing to offer in that realm in the things they post about? (Apologies if I tagged the wrong person.) 

A big part of why Jeremy's food posts flop--besides the ridiculous pictures and the fact they just seem like blatant freebie grabs--is he never has anything to offer other than it is an awesome burger or an orgasmic doughnut. And just posting about that constantly helps make him look like a douchebag rather than if he actually had something interesting to say about said burger or doughnut. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

I have to wonder, in Jinger's case, how Jeremy justifies his more worldly approach to life..the pants wearing, dancing at that reception, etc to Jinger regarding her parents' rules. She was brought up to believe that HER FATHER and all MARRIED FATHERS have the direct line to God's preferences and will for us here on earth. Her whole life, her parents told the children that dancing, pants wearing was not right and could lead to sin...so they avoided it altogether not to risk sinning or causing someone to sin. (Which is ridiculous.) How is it now, not sinful to participate in those things? Did Jeremy just come right out and tell her that he parents are wrong about these things and unnecessarily severe with themselves and their children? Did she have to live such a severe life and was it all for nothing, really, in God's eyes?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

You’re correct, the Huntley has a really nice top floor restaurant with awesome views from Malibu to Palos Verdes. You can kind of see a booth to the right of Felicity, that’s against a wall of windows. It’s a fun place to get drinks! I’m sure they didn’t, though. Also, it’s been so cold in LA, Jinger must have been freezing in that dress!

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

I have to wonder, in Jinger's case, how Jeremy justifies his more worldly approach to life..the pants wearing, dancing at that reception, etc to Jinger regarding her parents' rules. She was brought up to believe that HER FATHER and all MARRIED FATHERS have the direct line to God's preferences and will for us here on earth. Her whole life, her parents told the children that dancing, pants wearing was not right and could lead to sin...so they avoided it altogether not to risk sinning or causing someone to sin. (Which is ridiculous.) How is it now, not sinful to participate in those things? Did Jeremy just come right out and tell her that he parents are wrong about these things and unnecessarily severe with themselves and their children? Did she have to live such a severe life and was it all for nothing, really, in God's eyes?

I think those were choices Michelle and Jim Bob made for their family.  Remember Michelle tempting the neighbors while mowing the lawn in a two piece bathing suit!

Now Jeremy is head of their family and there will be new guidelines set by them.

moo of course!

btw while at my local library the other day I picked up a $1.00 book.  Growing Up Dugger.  Probably bla bla bla bla. But we'll see!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

btw while at my local library the other day I picked up a $1.00 book.  Growing Up Dugger.  Probably bla bla bla bla. But we'll see!

It's a stealth Gothard propaganda tract.

David Waller led the ghostwriter in curating -- and also, maybe primarily, creating -- stories and homilies that would put a pretty young family-oriented female face on a whole range of Gothard ideas in hopes of attracting people to them. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

That wedding dress...yikes. It looks so uncomfortable. I would have spent most of the evening shoving the girls down and yanking the dress up.

He’s going to “lead.” Alrighty then. Baby by Labor Day if not Fourth of July.

I give it five years, max.

• Love 20
17 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think people just got attached to the J'slaves because many of us felt empathy that teen girls were essentially tasked with raising an entire brood of kids. And got even more attached to them after it came to light that part of their "growing up" was getting molested by their brother Josh. I admit I still hold onto the hope that they do more than post pictures of their kids on Instagram. Guess I'm a hopeless romantic that way.

As for oversharing kids' photos (or oversharing period) and constantly asking for donations, it very much is a millennial thing. I think I mentioned this but I once found myself watching a "instagram live" video of a trans-gender reveal party where the woman --> man got like adult sized diapers, an "It's a Boy" T-shirt, a phallus-shaped cake, but after all that was over it was just a bunch of hipsters drinking beer in a tiny apartment. But they asked for donations throughout the Instagram live party. These aren't celebrities at all. 

A tear-away dress and wig that revealed man clothes and hair underneath would’ve made a lot more sense. 

• Love 1

Too bad someone didn't smuggle scissors into that wedding.....first to cut the groom's hair, and then to cut those droopy straps off the bride's dress.

Points for not cake-face-smashing tho. It would've ended up in his Tiny Tim tresses.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6