Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

From the two pics in succession, I'm getting an "accuser from the Salem witch trials" vibe from Molly Bonnet. ... Methinks the turban is not her style...and arouses suspicions.... Along with Feli's laugh in the second pic, I think Felicity had better make a run for it out of Salem.

This had me howling!  I also got a kick out of Felicity laughing.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I live in a community with lots of Amish, and I see babies dressed like Mollie everyday (all females, no matter what age, wear head coverings at all times, except to sleep).  I think they’re downright adorable.  

I thought the same. Her whole outfit looks like Plain/ Anabaptist garb to me.

• Love 2
On 11/11/2018 at 5:53 AM, Chicklet said:

I used to be a Christian, then I got better (I kid I kid) but this constant Jesus-ification of their conversations and tweets and IG's is so annoying. It even bugged me when I WAS a Christian. If you have to constantly remind people to keep their mind on Jesus but you can't act like the reported Jesus, then you have gotten his message SO wrong.

If I hear one more “blessed,” I’ll surely puke. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Are they filming in PA for the SWAN benefit tomorrow, or is this a picture from last week?

No clue when the picture was taken. They could be filming the talking heads for the wedding episode, I suppose. There was/is a  producer of the show named Scott.

• Love 1
On 11/12/2018 at 12:09 PM, Wishing Well said:

There’s a whole sect of my friends from high school who I believe might be fundie.  They were all in choir with me in HS, and I thought they were fairly mainstream.  A little conservative, but stylish, funny, sarcastic, into boys...and then we left high school and the weirdness started.  They ALL married the first boy they dated outside of high school, and apparently none of them kissed until the wedding ceremony.  They all work for the church in some capacity, although cost of living is so high in WA that many of them have other jobs (weirdly enough, they’re all college educated at good colleges like UW).  Every other sentence they post on IG is about Jesus and encouraging their brothers and sisters, and their “sweet, godly husbands”.  

My point is - while the Duggars are still a circus act, these two are firmly in the more mainstream brand of fundies, just like the Bates, and that becomes more dangerous because they start living their lives online more as Influencers, not just entertainment.

Taza lives a pretty picture life with five kids, and now her young followers want 5 kids.  I’m not even sure what a Jojo Siwa is, but I see kids dressed like Lisa Frank threw up on them every day.  The Vuolos are starting to fall into that category, and it’s scary and dangerous.

Plenty of people like that in NC too!!! One of my besties in college was really conservative, and wore pants, but I think she was fundie when I look back on it. She said she would never kiss until marriage, but then kissed the first boy who ever took her on a date (to a fast food place!!!). She suffered so, so much with that mistake, crying over it for weeks. She also got SUPER judgy with me when I had any kind of physical contact with a boy, and was terrified I'd have sex with my then-boyfriend! I just quit telling her anything when we got to that point, lol. The funny thing was, when she met her now-husband, she was giving him road head two weeks in. We were alllll shocked beyond belief!!! They had sex almost immediately, and she moved in with him after a month. The thing is, it wasn't one of those "they knew from first sight" things. They really didn't seem compatible, but kind of forced things because they both thought they had to stay together forever because they'd had sex, basically. 

I had another friend who started teaching when I was a few years in. She had been with her boyfriend about a month, and she already referred to his mom as her MIL. Then she'd promptly start mooning about how they weren't married yet, every time we mentioned him or his family. It made me really nervous, because I'd dated a guy my first year who was crazy about me, saying he wanted marriage a month in, but ran far away after a year. This girl lost a parent later in the year, and had several other awful things happen, and I just winced as I imagined this young guy leaving, while she was so intertwined mentally with him. He did actually propose that school year, and I just thought about how huge of a bullet she dodged. It could have SO easily gone the other way. I find that fundies jump all in, never giving any consideration to the idea that someone might not want to be with them forever! Side note...this girl married him early in the next school year. He graduated college at Christmas, and she quit her job on the spot the second he got hired! This made me really nervous, too. I would have given it a couple months, because what if his brand new job didn't work out, or they had a round of layoffs? It seems like this personality type never considers these things, and they also seem to have way better luck than the rest of us, as nothing ever does go wrong!

luckily, neither of these ladies are very glamorous, so I don't think their lifestyle is influencing anyone the way Jinger's might! It is crazy, though, when you look back at people and realize they were fundie!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 2
On 11/12/2018 at 8:11 PM, Sew Sumi said:

At least Felicity doesn't look like a character from Little House on the Prairie, so well done. (You can really see Mollie's outfit in the second pic.)

They both look ridiculous to me, tbh. I’ve never seen a baby dressed either way - pilgrim or oncological. 

• Love 10
On 11/14/2018 at 5:43 PM, ginger90 said:

No clue when the picture was taken. They could be filming the talking heads for the wedding episode, I suppose. There was/is a  producer of the show named Scott.

How many Duggar children have the crew babysat and kept alive??

• Love 3

I think that film crew is in PA. They need a storyline.

eta That said, Jinger posted in flight pics with the baby earlier today, but they are masters at posting in lag time.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, SMama said:

So much for MEchelle’s explanation that Jinger meant she wanted to live in a city with a Walmart. I’m glad Jinger is able to express her preference for bigger cities without being shut down by her mother, or chided by Jill. 

Yeah, I guess this WAS what the Lord had planned for her after all. Suck it, Michelle and Jill.

• Love 24

Cute photo with a comparatively "normal" set of grandparents.  I actually like Lissy's little hat in this pic.

Wonder if Miss Cathy was pissed that Jin had a girl, and Jill didn't?  I remember her (Cathy) saying she really, really wanted a granddaughter.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Cute photo with a comparatively "normal" set of grandparents.  I actually like Lissy's little hat in this pic.

Wonder if Miss Cathy was pissed that Jin had a girl, and Jill didn't?  I remember her (Cathy) saying she really, really wanted a granddaughter.

As weird as Cathy is I don’t think she thinks that deeply. She isn’t going to compare Jill to her siblings, if anything she’d compare Derrick to HIS brother. Both of Cathy’s sons have a long reproductive life ahead of them, she may get a granddaughter. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The Vuolos always look real in comparison to the Duggars, to me.

Okay. Picture #1 of Felicity that I really find remarkable. To be fair, i'm at an age where my Facebook is bombarded with pictures of babies, so i'm at the point where I don't want to see them unless they're standout cuties (I'm glad to see spurgeon or Henry any day!). Felicity has always been meh to me, though I'm sure she'll be adorable in a few years. Doesn't help that Jeremy is such a try hard. I LOVE this, though! This is truly cute. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Okay. Picture #1 of Felicity that I really find remarkable. To be fair, i'm at an age where my Facebook is bombarded with pictures of babies, so i'm at the point where I don't want to see them unless they're standout cuties (I'm glad to see spurgeon or Henry any day!). Felicity has always been meh to me, though I'm sure she'll be adorable in a few years. Doesn't help that Jeremy is such a try hard. I LOVE this, though! This is truly cute. 

Samesies haha. Felicity to me also is standard cute IMO. I like it when people post only a picture once in a while, then you really appreciate seeing their babies. My family does a shared photo thread on the Iphone which is great. I can bombard pictures there and not social media. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

Samesies haha. Felicity to me also is standard cute IMO. I like it when people post only a picture once in a while, then you really appreciate seeing their babies. My family does a shared photo thread on the Iphone which is great. I can bombard pictures there and not social media. 

I have the same thing with friends, only it’s dogs. :)

• Love 7
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The Vuolos always look real in comparison to the Duggars, to me.

"Well at least this one isn't going to kidnap me and call me the 20th Duggar child."

I fear poor Spurge and Henry are going to fall prey to the male Duggar curse. We'll see if Felicity is more Duggar or Vuolo as she gets older.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, I don’t speak Fundie, but “a woman desperately dependent upon God in prayer” is...weird. At the very least, it certainly doesn’t sound complimentary?

I will never understand this mindset.

That language seems to be very faddish at the moment, too. Like at this guy's website -- https://jdgreear.com/blog/pray-desperately/

And the guy who runs that site is pictured all over it with a giant grin on his face. Doesn't look desperate a bit to me. It's mostly just today's trendy church talk that doesn't actually mean much, if you ask me. .........And of course Jer's gotta be trendy. Because how else will he get a big trendy job?    

• Love 5

You know, I always wondered if the Duggars ever got food stamps.  I remember on their first or second special, JB took a few of the older girls grocery shopping.  When they checked out and explained the costs, the cash register showed a “total” and a “FS total”.  I’d never seen a cash register show that before, and I wondered if that was they way the system was set up, or whether the cashier hit the FS total.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

You know, I always wondered if the Duggars ever got food stamps.  I remember on their first or second special, JB took a few of the older girls grocery shopping.  When they checked out and explained the costs, the cash register showed a “total” and a “FS total”.  I’d never seen a cash register show that before, and I wondered if that was they way the system was ser up, oe whether the cashier hit the FS total.  

While the family would have qualified for foodstamps,  I can't see JB showing his financial records to a social worker. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

I wonder if Jinger can come up with anything as close to this about Mullet.

I think we all know the answer to that -- no, of course not.

First of all, J'chelle has literally done nothing with her life except breed. She has no interests and no skills. She has no interest in other people or the world around her. She has put in no effort, no work, no study, and no practice into developing a talent or mastering a craft. She's a big blob of nothing with a mullet on top.

Secondly, I doubt that Jeremy has been forced, year after year, to write a laudatory screed devoted to his mother for the family web site. He appears to genuinely admire his mother because she might actually have admirable qualities -- something completely alien to the Duggar spawn. I think that it's possible that the birth of a daughter (and his experience around his MIL) has given him some new appreciation for his mother. I find this post pretentious and ridiculous, but also pretty sweet.

• Love 23