Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, lucy711 said:

My MIL had a corsage at my bridal shower.  Regarding the baby shower- my MIL wasn't there (she lives across the country) and my mother is deceased, but had they both been there, they would have had them, too.  Just something special to honor the grandmas.

That makes sense. I guess I am just biased against MEchelle ~ She hasn't done much to make me want to honor her.

• Love 14

I've never heard of having a corsage at a baby shower, but I've never been to one that was formal. Every shower I've ever been to was thrown by friends, family, and/or church ladies and included cake, nuts, punch, and stupid games.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, lucy711 said:

My MIL had a corsage at my bridal shower.  Regarding the baby shower- my MIL wasn't there (she lives across the country) and my mother is deceased, but had they both been there, they would have had them, too.  Just something special to honor the grandmas.

This has to be a regional thing. I am in Chicago and have been to 9 million formal ( at like event halls/restaurants ect with full catered meals and open bars) bridal and baby showers and had no clue the Mothers of the bride/Grandmas would get corsages. The more you know!

• Love 6

All the showers I've attended have been light lunch/finger food deals, but the corsage thing is new to me as well. I thought people only did that for weddings. 

Did Joy have a shower? I'm assuming she did, but I don't recall seeing pictures or video of it. 

• Love 6

After all the showers I have attended or hosted I can say no one had  a corsage.  And Mechelle fails on the dress - jean skirt, dark hose, theraputic shoes and a denim jacket????  WTF??? Is she going shopping at Walmart?? - Total fail

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

After all the showers I have attended or hosted I can say no one had  a corsage.  And Mechelle fails on the dress - jean skirt, dark hose, theraputic shoes and a denim jacket????  WTF??? Is she going shopping at Walmart?? - Total fail

No way. Walmart is too expensive. She either got that outfit at Goodwill or she made Jana stitch it together from the tattered remnants of the eleven million denim skirts that have been worn by at least 5 of the Duggar girls. 

• Love 4

My opinion is the expectant mother is the guest of honor, she is carrying the baby, she will deliver the baby. She should get the only corsage. It's not the grandmothers' day, it's the mom to be's limelight. Perhaps it's customary for the people who threw Jinger her shower. I think it's the ladies at Jeremy's church who most likely, are Mexican; maybe it's their culture to do that? Anyone know what the Mexican tradition is about baby showers?

• Love 9

I haven't been to many baby showers at all...maybe two or three, only one of which (a couple of years ago, for a niece) was anywhere near fancy. I don't actually recall whether there were any corsages involved; I'm pretty sure the mother-to-be didn't have one, but the two grandmas might have.

I only ever had one shower, and that was, strangely enough, for my third. It was a joint affair thrown for three of us at the command who were expecting at roughly the same time when we were stationed in Scotland. One of the babies died of SIDS just a few weeks later, and I've been left with a vague sense of tempting luck about showers ever since. I was really rather glad that my daughter didn't want a shower for her baby, though. Superstitious, I know, but I can't quite shake it.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 4
On 4/12/2018 at 5:37 PM, Loves2Dance said:

In the age of social media, everything is getting bigger and bigger. Want to know the latest trend among my local mom groups? Half-birthday parties... yeah, you read that right, HALF-Birthday Parties. And gifts are expected! 

My now 14 year old son decided to recognize his half birthday when he was 6 only because he wanted to be “older” than his cousin he’s 9 month older than once she had her birthday and they were the same age. We thought it was cute. He didn’t get gifts. 

• Love 3
On 4/12/2018 at 2:19 PM, Barb23 said:

Does the guest of honor get to wear one of those tissue paper flowers made out of toilet paper rolls for a corsage at a Duggar shower?

Even tho I prefer the less formal type of baby shower like Kendra had, I kind of feel sorry for her after seeing what Jinge had. Wonder if Sierra helped with Kendra's?  Hoping the Caldwell side of the family is planning their own (nicer than Duggar) shower for her.  

I'm sure Sierra was foaming at the mouth seeing Jinge's shower. I think in her mind, she thinks all her showers are as nice as Jinge's. (Decorations, food, etc)

I wonder what Sierra's relationship is with the Duggars these days. I don't see any Duggars in her social media, nor Sierra in any of theirs. And yet we were told that Sierra and Joy were pretty much best friends. 

• Love 4

My daughter in law has always done half birthdays for the grands because her mother did it for her and her siblings. There is no party involved. It is usually breakfast of choice with a candle and a photo texted to me. And nothing on social media. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I wonder what Sierra's relationship is with the Duggars these days. I don't see any Duggars in her social media, nor Sierra in any of theirs. And yet we were told that Sierra and Joy were pretty much best friends. 

This could be about anyone, or could be about a Duggar. 

• Love 12

This isn't going to very 'Christian' to say, but I'll say a few Hail Marys (and toss back a few shots) on my way to the prayer closet.

Having said that, I can't handle people who have to throw God or religion into every single detail or event that takes place in their life.  The conversation she had with her son was definitely needed if he was hurt.  But, maybe, just maybe, the other kid was just being an asshole, plain & simple.  It happens.  

On topic--I love Jinger's dress (?) from the shower.  She does pregnancy very well, doesn't look disheveled, and she looks healthy & happy.

• Love 19
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:31 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

For a minute I thought that was a pic from my wedding with Gee Golly! Our colors were blush and bashful, too!

What a special, surreal event that was. I hope you two are enjoying this precious season of life as newlyweds. Two questions: (1) when is the baby due? and (2) when are you going to present your story--you know, the wonderful way that God brought you together on the Internet through godly banter? (for pay, of course, at some crappy camp.)

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

Maybe Sierra did an Aunt Jodi. 

2 hours ago, Quof said:

Anyone who doesn't get that reference should turn in their "Reality TV addict" membership card.

And those of us who got it deserve the platinum card if only for longevity.  Excellent reference to an oldie but a goodie.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Well, then, I guess I'll have to be leaving....

I’ll be turning in my membership as well.  Maybe we can form a support group - Reality TV Addict Rejects. ? We need a better acronym though. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 21
10 minutes ago, Quof said:

Aunt Jodi is Kate Gosselin's sister-in-law.   She regularly appeared on the show, until she became concerned about the she-devil's treatment of the children, including pimping out the children in order to line her own pockets while putting nothing away for the kids. She allegedly ratted out Jon and Kate to the authorities over child labor concerns.  She is now dead to Kate, but she has a clear conscience. 

She not only appeared on the show, she clearly was deeply involved in the lives of those kids and loved them and showed them far more affection and support than their mother ever did.

I believe that at least part of the reason Jodi and her husband (Khate’s brother) were banned was because they appeared in many, many episodes of the show without compensation.  When they requested payment for filming in their home which had already damaged their carpet and walls; Khate threw a fit because she wanted all compensation to go to the kids(where she had access and control of it).

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

When they requested payment for filming in their home which had already damaged their carpet and walls; Khate threw a fit because she wanted all compensation to go to the kids(where she had access and control of it).

TLC/production company was compensating Jodi and family for use of the home.  Then production offered to pay them and Kate had a fit.  Jodi didn't even ask for payment.

• Love 7

I didn't get the Aunt Jodi reference.  @Quof, thank you.

I tried watching Jon & Kate, and Kate was so irritating, I switched to something else.  "Khate", so fitting a name for her, LOL @doodlebug.  I read on another site that she's coming back with a Kate and Date show.  Bleh.

Back to topic, all that Pepto-Bismol pink at Jin's shower is nauseating, but I agree with the above poster that Jin looks great.  

• Love 2
17 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

My daughter in law has always done half birthdays for the grands because her mother did it for her and her siblings. There is no party involved. It is usually breakfast of choice with a candle and a photo texted to me. And nothing on social media. 

I have one friend I do half birthdays with because his birthday is February 3 and mine is August 3. It basically consists of wishing the other one happy half birthday after being told happy birthday.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Quof said:

Aunt Jodi is Kate Gosselin's sister-in-law.   She regularly appeared on the show, until she became concerned about the she-devil's treatment of the children, including pimping out the children in order to line her own pockets while putting nothing away for the kids. She allegedly ratted out Jon and Kate to the authorities over child labor concerns.  She is now dead to Kate, but she has a clear conscience. 

3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

She not only appeared on the show, she clearly was deeply involved in the lives of those kids and loved them and showed them far more affection and support than their mother ever did.

I believe that at least part of the reason Jodi and her husband (Khate’s brother) were banned was because they appeared in many, many episodes of the show without compensation.  When they requested payment for filming in their home which had already damaged their carpet and walls; Khate threw a fit because she wanted all compensation to go to the kids(where she had access and control of it).

Thank you both. I knew “Aunt Jodi” sounded familiar. I didn’t start watching J&K plus 8 until the sextuplets were maybe 4 or 5.  I hope Sierra or someone else does “an Aunt Jodi”.  I think there are still so many secrets waiting to be revealed, including clarification of compensation for the children. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

TLC/production company was compensating Jodi and family for use of the home.  Then production offered to pay them and Kate had a fit.  Jodi didn't even ask for payment.

According to one interview with Aunt Jodi, Kate was paid $75,000 per episode for Kate Plus 8, which amounted to over $1 million per year.

• Love 1

That wasn't an interview with Aunt Jodi.  That was a made up number from a Kate blogger that gathered steam and became Kate lore.  I was watching it happen and trying to discourage the blogger from running with a bogus number.  I was also talking to Jodi who confirmed to me it was far off the mark.

I do like Jinger's taste in maternity wear and hope she keeps it up along with professional medical care.  I hope she has 100x more competent help than any of her sisters have had before getting to the hospital.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 8

I'm praying Jinger is under the care of an M.D. or CNM, but I've had high hopes for Duggars before and have been disappointed every time. Pickles had a still of Jinger having her gender ultrasound done and everyone was commenting it looked like one of those vanity places, so I'm dubious. Hopefully she proves me wrong.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm praying Jinger is under the care of an M.D. or CNM, but I've had high hopes for Duggars before and have been disappointed every time. Pickles had a still of Jinger having her gender ultrasound done and everyone was commenting it looked like one of those vanity places, so I'm dubious. Hopefully she proves me wrong.

I wouldn't expect an actual medical ultrasound place to allow the film crew to take over for the day in order to shoot an episode of the show.  The ultrasound suite in my office is booked solid all day long, there's no time to fit in filming.  In addition, they only do ultrasounds with a doctor's order, it's not like a TV appearance will do anything for their business.  Therefore, I wouldn't have expected Jinger's gender scan to take place anywhere but one of those vanity places where they could take over the place and film for hours while giving the place some PR.  Also, we don't do gender scans because it is not medically important.  The scans done in the doctor's office are anatomic surveys where discovering the baby's gender is secondary.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

That wasn't an interview with Aunt Jodi.  That was a made up number from a Kate blogger that gathered steam and became Kate lore.  I was watching it happen and trying to discourage the blogger from running with a bogus number.  I was also talking to Jodi who confirmed to me it was far off the mark.

The interview with Aunt Jodi where she stated the $75,000 per episode figure was aired on CBS.  You can watch it here: 

If a blogger also reported the same information, it came from here.  All of which begs the question of why Jodi would deny something to you that was broadcast on national television?  

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I wouldn't expect an actual medical ultrasound place to allow the film crew to take over for the day in order to shoot an episode of the show.  The ultrasound suite in my office is booked solid all day long, there's no time to fit in filming.  In addition, they only do ultrasounds with a doctor's order, it's not like a TV appearance will do anything for their business.  Therefore, I wouldn't have expected Jinger's gender scan to take place anywhere but one of those vanity places where they could take over the place and film for hours while giving the place some PR.  Also, we don't do gender scans because it is not medically important.  The scans done in the doctor's office are anatomic surveys where discovering the baby's gender is secondary.

Oh thank goodness! Thank you for taking the time to explain this and for giving me back hope Jinger is under the appropriate care.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Oh thank goodness! Thank you for taking the time to explain this and for giving me back hope Jinger is under the appropriate care.

I think @doodlebug said the opposite; Jinger's ultrasound likely happened at a botique, not a medical office.

• Love 3

Doodlebug said Jinger's ultrasound, or at least the one that was shown, was likely done at a boutique for filming/time/space reasons. That doesn't imply Jinger isn't getting appropriate medical care. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think @doodlebug said the opposite; Jinger's ultrasound likely happened at a botique, not a medical office.

Right, because if she were going to have it filmed, it would have had to have been filmed in a boutique. So she could still be under a doctor’s care, right? RIGHT?! Give me hope, people! 

• Love 1

We have no clue what kind of medical care she's receiving. We won't know anything for sure until the inevitable birth episode. I'm sure JD will fly Jilly Muffin down with her trusty medical things, but she thankfully can't do more than act as a support person wherever Jinger gives birth. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Interesting because the amount $75K is untrue.  That was shown in the papers that came out with the divorce and the John law suit where the highest they were paid was less than $25K an episode.

That clip aired long after the blogger had already introduced the $75K figure and after my last talk with Jodi. 

I watched the whole clip and did not hear a dollar value per episode.  What is the time code where it was mentioned, please?

Jinger is my last hope of qualified medical care.  Joy was shown with a non-Jill midwife who still missed the breech position. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

We have no clue what kind of medical care she's receiving. 

We also don't know what kind of care she isn't receiving. My point -- her boutique ultrasound filmed for television does not mean her primary provider is not legit. She could very well be seeing a real MD rather than some quack like her sister the "midwife." 

• Love 3
On 4/14/2018 at 9:37 AM, OpieTaylor said:

Upon further thought, Sierra was a bridesmaid in Joy's wedding, right? Hopefully that shows that there was actual friendship btw Sierra and at least Joy

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I agree. We just have no way of knowing for sure. 

Right, that was the point I was trying to make.  Anybody can go to one of those drive-by ultrasound places and have an ultrasound done for entertainment.  It doesn't say anything about the quality of prenatal care they are getting.  It's like those pregnant mama photshoots or gender reveal parties; not part of actual prenatal care.  Jinger may be getting better prenatal care than her sisters, but the ultrasound doesn't tell us either way.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Interesting because the amount $75K is untrue.  That was shown in the papers that came out with the divorce and the John law suit where the highest they were paid was less than $25K an episode.

There was also an interview with Jon on Larry King Live where he stated they made over $1 million a year from the reality TV show.  

The final episode of Jon & Kate Plus 8 aired on November 23, 2009.  The Gosselin divorce was final in December, 2009. The new series, titled Kate Plus 8 began in June, 2010.  In 2011, the Gosselin's nanny confirmed that Jon told her Kate was making $75,000 per episode.  Here is part of that interview:

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 1

I recognized JinJers outfits from the ultrasound clip, from photos they posted on Instagram in early March. They were at the San Antonio Riverwalk which is about 2.5 hours from where they live. I didn't think they would drive that far for for Dr visits, so I searched on yelp for 3D ultrasound clinics in SA and one had the exact room where they are pictured here. It was definitely done just for filming purposes

7aec69b3-1e3a-46e9-a87f-e18d65104e15.thumb.jpg.9e3071b47310d154aea563f0ea1df8dd.jpg

• Love 22
46 minutes ago, Mollie said:

In 2011, the Gosselin's nanny confirmed that Jon told her Kate was making $75,000 per episode.  Here is part of that interview:

She said that, but was it true?  He may have said it, but was it true?  The contracts and legal documents don't show that. 

38 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I didn't think they would drive that far for for Dr visits, so I searched on yelp for 3D ultrasound clinics in SA and one had the exact room where they are pictured here. It was definitely done just for filming purposes

Excellent find.  That would make sense to film it all at one time. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

She said that, but was it true?  He may have said it, but was it true?  The contracts and legal documents don't show that. 

The legal documents you are looking at are from the divorce, before the new show started.  

And Jon was not involved in the new show so he wasn't paid more than $25K an episode. 

Kate if she was smart never told Jon how much the new show was bringing in. 

But back to Jinger and the hope that she is getting reasonable care in Laredo and waits 2 or 3 years before having the second and final or next to final baby for them.  Jeremy comes from a family of three children and hopefully thinks that's quite enough for a complete family for them. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

And Jon was not involved in the new show so he wasn't paid more than $25K an episode. 

Kate if she was smart never told Jon how much the new show was bringing in. 

But back to Jinger and the hope that she is getting reasonable care in Laredo and waits 2 or 3 years before having the second and final or next to final baby for them.  Jeremy comes from a family of three children and hopefully thinks that's quite enough for a complete family for them. 

I agree. They could live a nice lifestyle in their beautiful home with 2-3 kids. Eventually, Jeremy will have to get a "real" job, and Jinger may have to as well, assuming they'll want to keep living the stylish life. However, if they have 10 kids, I don't feel those Nike factory outlet purchases or Banana Republic happening anymore. I wonder what Jeremy would think of barely scraping by while wearing thrift store finds. His family seems to be rather high brow and at least middle class, maybe upper middle. They are set up for a nice life without as much effort as most people have to put forward if they're just reasonable about their family size. 

• Love 9