Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Michaela is going to come unhinged if she's not pregnant soon and unfortunately for her, I can't see Brandon undergoing fertility testing. He's a little too Leave It to Beaver to spill the details of his sex life to a doctor.

I'm hoping Jinger holds off on babies because she seems truly happy at the moment, but unless they're using some form of birth control it'll probably happen before too long.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PinkyCupcake said:

I highly doubt it.

Maybe he's just really into, um, sex that doesn't lead to babies? What she's into doesn't matter, of course.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, to be fair, this looks like an out take of the decorating trip to Laredo before they got married. 

Ah, that would explain it. I don't actually watch the show, so it didn't make sense that if they had a 6 month ban on house guests this would be the first meal she was making in that kitchen. 

In her defense as far as finding the burners confusing, it sounds as though she's used to cooking on a gas stove. I know that even though my experience with stoves (both in the 32 years I've been married and while I was growing up) was almost exclusively electric, I now find, after cooking with gas for the past 4 years, that when I cook dinner for my mom on her electric stove, I do things like turning it on and waiting for the flame, messing up due to forgetting to factor in the time it takes for the burners to heat up, or overcooking something due to forgetting that just because I turned the burner off that doesn't mean that it's not still going to be hot for a while! And I'm actually a good cook!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Maybe he's just really into, um, sex that doesn't lead to babies? What she's into doesn't matter, of course.

It's not impossible. Only thing for sure (IMO) is that they have had sex.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, questionfear said:

Jinger definitely scored the best husband of the girls so far; whether it is his guidance or she's finally free.

If this were a contest, it wouldn't even be close. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Mollie said:

Nike! Nike! Jinger is showing off in shorts again at a grocery store.  Latest snap posted on Pickles:

0 0 1 Jinger shorts.png

And no pregnancy belly in sight!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Lunera said:

And no pregnancy belly in sight!

But did she get caught in the "Feminine Products" aisle, where they sell the pee sticks?             

(Something that says "Regular" on the shelf behind them....maxi-pads?)

5 minutes ago, drafan said:

But did she get caught in the "Feminine Products" aisle, where they sell the pee sticks?             

(Something that says "Regular" on the shelf behind them....maxi-pads?)

No, that's cleaning products. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah. I really can't get past Jer's church website. It gives me nothing but the image of an egomaniac with zero empathy and not much apparent common sense. Unless he's able to learn and grow big time -- and starts doing it right now, today, I can't see his plans working out too well. And since I'm sure that, just like the other two guys, a big part of his move on Jinger had to do with his ministerial plans, I'm not sure where things go when they turn out to be kind of a bust. 

Derick was certainly the first and most spectacular crumbler of the three, thus far. But then he saw his ministerial plans go bust very early on, he found out Jill wasn't going to be any help, and yet he seems to want to cling on to those plans.

Bin very clearly doesn't have a lot of options when -- not if -- his minister dreams go belly up, but I'm not convinced Jer does either. He seems to have hitched his wagon to the pastoral star and some (unlikely to be very reliable in the future) Duggar horsepower too. And although, like Derick, he does have a degree that could be of some use, also like Derick he doesn't seem to have any intention of using it. Jinger may be more help to him than Jill is to Derick when the church plant withers on the vine, but there isn't any evidence on that question so far. Does he perhaps have some family money that can help sustain them and sustain his dreams? I wonder about that, and if he does then that would obviously be a big help.

But I don't think that, absent other sources of income, the world is going to get any easier for would-be pastors with a whole lot of ego but little to no charisma or strategic ability. And that's what Jeremy looks like to me. So I think the question is whether he can and will readjust his plans when that's called for. Whether having to do that turns him into more of a sourpuss. And whether he and Jinge really do thwart the Duggar traditions and refrain from having 56 kids. 

All three guys are more qualified than Duggars to put normal lives together for themselves and their families, though -- I still believe -- so maybe one or even all of them will someday. Jim Bob would hate that, of course. ha 

Strangely, I wonder whether Joy may not end up in the best position of all the so-far-claimed Duggarlettes. Seems possible that her husband could inherit a family business that's still a going concern and with little competition from siblings? If that's true, and he's not chasing after the ministry the way the other three seem to be, that could make their lives much easier than the others' on a practical basis. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 16

The Vuolos seems to a more practical family so perhaps they can help Jeremy plan a future if/when the church plant fails or maybe he'll be liked enough by the mother church to be an associate pastor there.  Austin could always convert the camp to a non-religious format if the bottom falls out of fundiegelical family camp meetings. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

But I don't think that, absent other sources of income, the world is going to get any easier for would-be pastors with a whole lot of ego but little to no charisma or strategic ability. And that's what Jeremy looks like to me. So I think the question is whether he can and will readjust his plans when that's called for. Whether having to do that turns him into more of a sourpuss. And whether he and Jinge really do thwart the Duggar traditions and refrain from having 56 kids. 

Which is why I think Jeremy is not only on board but thrilled about this lawsuit. He's counting on a win more than even Jim Bob, and I wouldn't be surprised if plans for this lawsuit were discussed well before the wedding.

• Love 1

I don't see Jeremy giving up his ministry for the Duggar circus the way Derick did. He may well believe that marrying Joy will bring more exposure and growth to his little church, but if the church plant fails, I think he'll move on to another assignment from the mother church. Unlike Derick, who was emotionally vulnerable and looking for a father-figure in Jim Bob, Jeremy seems pretty secure and attached to his own family. 

• Love 3

If the venture in Laredo fails, I see Jeremy moving back to the Northeast and joining his father's church.  He may have married Jinger for the quasi-c-list celeb status, but I really don't see him performing the dog and pony show for Jim Bob.  Jinger seems just fine away from her family so I don't see her itching to go back.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Once upon a time some of us thought Derrick was a catch.....

This. I haven't liked Jer from the start. At least Derrick can be forgiven for marrying in pre scandal. Jeremy knew what her was getting into, and the company he'd be keeping. He's just another Jim Bob, but with athleticism.

• Love 2

I saw a brief preview last night of the Counting On show while watching LP/BW.  I'm kind of excited about it and looking forward to the new shows.  Of course they show Jessa having the second baby (and he's probably already got a full set of teeth by now), but that's the way it goes with these reality shows.  They always show at least 6 months behind real time.

I want to catch up with Jinger and Jeremy.  I really like them as a couple.  They seem the most sane of all the other married couples.  Jinger is really blossoming since being married.  I hope she continues to mature and grow, not only spiritually but mainstream as well.  The Duggars have brainwashed their children into believing that their outward appearance reflects their faith.   So they believe the more covered up they are they more holy they are.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I've always liked Jeremy.  Yeah, he a little cheap on the flowers and gifts, but I like how more well-rounded he is as a man.  His faith gets a lot of flak and I guess I've never understood why.  I'm a believer and do not hide my light under a bushel and neither should he.  After all, this is his vocation as well.

Also, we finally get to see another Duggar male in a courtship.  About time!  John David said he's going to be a life-long bachelor and I was thinking maybe this rubbed off on the other boys as well.  Especially after Joshgate.  Glad to know the boys are interested in forming relationships as well.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Nysha said:

I don't see Jeremy giving up his ministry for the Duggar circus the way Derick did. He may well believe that marrying Joy will bring more exposure and growth to his little church, but if the church plant fails, I think he'll move on to another assignment from the mother church. Unlike Derick, who was emotionally vulnerable and looking for a father-figure in Jim Bob, Jeremy seems pretty secure and attached to his own family. 

He married Jinger. That you could mistake her for Joy says a lot about both of them.  I agree about Derick especially with his mom so sick. Then again Jeremy is an only child. 

11 hours ago, Evagirl said:

Also, we finally get to see another Duggar male in a courtship.  About time!  John David said he's going to be a life-long bachelor and I was thinking maybe this rubbed off on the other boys as well.  Especially after Joshgate.  Glad to know the boys are interested in forming relationships as well.

John David was joking about that.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

He married Jinger. That you could mistake her for Joy says a lot about both of them.  I agree about Derick especially with his mom so sick. Then again Jeremy is an only child. 

John David was joking about that.

Jeremy has two siblings - a sister and a brother. I believe he's the youngest. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Nysha said:

19 hours ago, saylubee said:

If the venture in Laredo fails, I see Jeremy moving back to the Northeast and joining his father's church.  He may have married Jinger for the quasi-c-list celeb status, but I really don't see him performing the dog and pony show for Jim Bob.  Jinger seems just fine away from her family so I don't see her itching to go back.

I think Jeremy is less religiously dedicated and more interested in "leadership" and having a flock hang on to his every word, so I can definitely see him leaving the ministry if it doesn't pan out, though not for the dog and pony show. He'll use the Duggar celebrity and the millions he's hoping they'll win in the lawsuit to branch out to his own thing if the pastor thing doesn't get to the level he wants by a certain date. His not stupid enough to be another Derick or Ben, he knows his in-laws are ridiculous so won't immerse himself completely in that mess, but he does want some level of fame.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sorry, those leggings are awful. MMV, of course.

The shoes aren't helping, either, IMO. They are the wrong color and too casual/outdoorsy  A nice pair of ballet flats or sandals would make this a cute modern look, though.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I like the dress but the rest is a no for me. People in the comments are asking where it's from, apparently Lularoe or something...

The dress doesn't even look that short so why the need for leggings? They should at least match or be neutral if the leggings are needed. I'm not a fan of the shoes either, but I have never liked clunky shoes. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Without the leggings, it would have been fine. With? She looks like The Lost Girls all grown up. The fucking colors aren't even complementary. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

On my phone, so I can't make a determination. But she was proposed to in a maxi sack. She was maxi for a couple of years before she met Jeremy, mostly to hide how thin she was/is (maybe she's gained some weight?).

(edited)
49 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't know if I'd think they were awful in some outfits. But they sure as heck don't work with that dress. I get that she's probably trying to do the mix-the-delicate-with-the-rough thing. But while I like that too if it's well done, it's easy to have a big miss with it, too. And she does here, in my opinion. ......

Jingle, go spend some more time with your camera, reading photo books, looking at paintings and magazines -- and sharpen that artist's eye that you supposedly have. That oughta be an acceptable use of time in your crowd -- no actual schooling or employment involved, home-decoration possibilities.

33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The dress doesn't even look that short so why the need for leggings? They should at least match or be neutral if the leggings are needed. I'm not a fan of the shoes either, but I have never liked clunky shoes. 

I recall seeing a picture of either Jordyn or Josie (I think ... Jenni? don't think so ... anyway) the other day with a fairly straight-cut dress that went down to low-mid calf. And she had ankle-length leggings on. So ....

I know that kids can turn upside down and have their dresses fall and so forth. But you really would have had to be straight upside down for the dress I saw to do it .... and if you wanted leggings underneath for that reason, they certainly didn't need to be down to her ankles. They looked ridiculous and were probably too hot as well.

Craziness.

33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The dress doesn't even look that short so why the need for leggings?

Especially since I could swear I saw two very clear unclad knees-and-above in the Jessa-needs-a-pedicure picture yesterday. If you can post a picture of your bare knees and lower thigh with your bare feet in the water and a tightish-looking skirt on (when you're not even pregnant), I have a hard time seeing the need for leggings here.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
(edited)

I wear skirts/dresses a lot.  I wear capri leggings under my flowy dresses so when I bend, it's not a show.  My daughters do also. 

The dress does not need full leggings.  She should've done a black capri legging with flat ballet shoes in black.  That would give it a clean line in a monochromatic look. This is too many colors.  Purple, gray, tan?  

Everyone says Jinger is so stylish.  I find her to be sloppy and mismatched most times.  She tries to be artsy but it's not really working. I am in NYC with some very modest, very stylish religious groups.  

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, lascuba said:

His not stupid enough to be another Derick or Ben, he knows his in-laws are ridiculous so won't immerse himself completely in that mess, but he does want some level of fame.

I agree, I just can't see him following Jim Bob's lead. Given Jim Bob's all-consuming need to control his children, Jeremy must have laid it on thick to get Jinger. JB must be completely pissed, especially since Jinger has gone rogue by wearing shorts (albeit the most conservative shorts she could find). 

As for Jinger's leggings under her dress, maybe it was a bit chilly that morning? The shoes don't match, but I bet we see her in those types of shoes more often than not to compensate for being so much shorter than Jeremy.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I thought for a minute that was Jessa!

Looks like Jessa to me, too. Weird. I don't generally think of Jessa and Jinger looking alike at all.

• Love 5

I love the dress but I agree ballet flats or cute sandals would've looked much better than ankle boots. Jinger definitely tries to have an eclectic, artsy style but she tends to miss the mark when it comes to putting outfits together.

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I

The dress does not need full leggings.  She should've done a black capri legging with flat ballet shoes in black.  That would give it a clean line in a monochromatic look. This is too many colors.  Purple, gray, tan?  

You'd think with all the layering they do, they'd've figured out the '"black goes with just about everything" thing by now. But they haven't. Of course, they may be put off it by Michelle's black stocking and massive black shoes look -- which I guess could scare you off it. .... But only if you'd never looked around and seen how easy it was for other people to pull off great, clean classy, stylish looks with black leggings, tights, shoes, etc.....     

They seem to have a thing for the trendy, but they certainly haven't picked up on any of the kind of obvious rules for dressing well without much fuss. 

• Love 3