Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

The man bun. Y'all sucked me in now. Back in my day long hair on men was common, a lot wore pony tails, man buns not so much. Men have taken grooming to a different level, and I've only recently got accustomed to men manscaping their eyebrows. The man bun doesn't quite fit in either category to me, but I think that Derick looks better a little more cleaned up. I'm not fond of messy beards or unshaven cheeks at all.

Jeremy seems to keep himself groomed well. I'm going to take a better look at his brows to see if he does his. I wonder if well groomed was on Jinger's list of desires when fairy-taling praying her husband into life.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 1

Thinking about Jessa's dress change, maybe it was just uncomfortable. I know during my pregnancies I couldn't stand wearing jewelry, bras, underwater snd certain types of fabrics. Maybe the lace was too itchy or the seams fell weirdly. Or she was breastfeeding through the day and the black dress was better suited. (Why am I bring so nice to Jessa?) 

• Love 4
On 11/6/2016 at 3:53 PM, BitterApple said:

Is Jer 18 yet? Because I always feel like a pervert for thinking he's kind of hot.

This made me LOL.  'Cause I think Jed is kind of adorbs.

On 11/6/2016 at 5:49 PM, Baby Button Eyes said:

Josh looks horrible for his age. Is it just him or do all the Duggars have a horrible pre-aging gene?

The Duggar boys certainly seem to go from gawky pre-teen to weary young man faster than normal.  Maybe the girls do as well, but they can camouflage it better with gobs of eyeliner and tan-in-a-can.

So happy to see the ManBun make an appearance!  Hahaha, take that, JB!  But Derrick needed to trim up his neck and beard for sure.

Michelle's post-wedding outfit was awful.  White sweater, black skirt, black hose and black orthopedic shoes?  I mean, come ON.  She couldn't have raided the family closet and found something just a bit more colorful?  Sheeeesh.

I clicked on JinJer's brand-new website and actually did laugh out loud at the photo they chose...there's Jinge, gazing up in adoration at her Baaaaaabe.  Nothing new there, but Jinge did look pretty on her wedding day.  I sincerely hope she gets to spend some time as a young bride and doesn't end up giving birth 9 months (give or take) from now.  I also hope that Jeremy takes measure to expand Jinge's horizons a little bit by letting her read a book or take classes at a real college or something.  I'd love to see one of the Duggar girls break the mold.  Jeremy comes off low-key and even-keeled, but he's got life experience.  Here's hoping he'd like more from marriage than Jinge following him around like a wide-eyed toddler.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I sincerely hope she gets to spend some time as a young bride and doesn't end up giving birth 9 months (give or take) from now.  I also hope that Jeremy takes measure to expand Jinge's horizons a little bit by letting her read a book or take classes at a real college or something.  I'd love to see one of the Duggar girls break the mold.  Jeremy comes off low-key and even-keeled, but he's got life experience.  Here's hoping he'd like more from marriage than Jinge following him around like a wide-eyed toddler.

^^^You're obviously a kind person. Unfortunately, many of us here expressed similar hopes when Jill married a guy with a real college degree and wide enough horizons to be living in Nepal, which ya gotta admit is more adventurous than the norm.

We saw how that worked out.

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Michelle's post-wedding outfit was awful.  White sweater, black skirt, black hose and black orthopedic shoes?  I mean, come ON.  She couldn't have raided the family closet and found something just a bit more colorful?  Sheeeesh.

At this point, I'm beginning to think the black hose and shoes are tattooed on...like permanent eyebrows.

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I clicked on JinJer's brand-new website and actually did laugh out loud at the photo they chose...there's Jinge, gazing up in adoration at her Baaaaaabe.  Nothing new there, but Jinge did look pretty on her wedding day.  I sincerely hope she gets to spend some time as a young bride and doesn't end up giving birth 9 months (give or take) from now.  I also hope that Jeremy takes measure to expand Jinge's horizons a little bit by letting her read a book or take classes at a real college or something.  I'd love to see one of the Duggar girls break the mold.  Jeremy comes off low-key and even-keeled, but he's got life experience.  Here's hoping he'd like more from marriage than Jinge following him around like a wide-eyed toddler.

Nah, of course she will get pregnant ASAP, just like all of the others. And remember, Jeremy loves Jinger because she is meek and willing to sacrifice. . . 

• Love 7
On 11/6/2016 at 10:45 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Jason Hartono's pictures are down (Insta Story? although one was taken around 3am, so it hasn't been 24 hours yet...maybe he got in trouble), but someone was nice enough to crop out Mechelle in the outfit I described above. Most everyone at this shindig looks like they'd changed into casual clothes, Boob included, so I will assume she also changed out of whatever monstrosity she wore to the actual ceremony. 

image.jpeg.d5e902bf6eacb75bf19cd4b355dcd091.jpeg

This is the outfit I was referring to.  Don't look at it too long as it may cause drowsiness.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, DOBABYR said:

Who is that in the light pink bridesmaid gown?

Did we decide that it's Hannie in the light pink dress?  Because if so, she is turning out to be a beautiful young woman, surpassing Jessa in looks, IMO.

• Love 7

From CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/07/entertainment/jinger-duggar-married/):

"We are overjoyed to announce that we are now husband and wife," Vuolo said. "It was surreal when we said: 'I do.' "

"It's incredible just being at this place where we've prayed about this for so long and just longed for the day that we were married, and now God has given us our heart's desire and our prayer," Duggar added. "He's just so graciously given (this) to us."

Definitely Duggarfied. Surreal!

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Did we decide that it's Hannie in the light pink dress?  Because if so, she is turning out to be a beautiful young woman, surpassing Jessa in looks, IMO.

It's driving me crazy whether it is or not... on the one hand, the resemblance to some of the older Duggar girls is striking. She doesn't look like the recent pictures posted of Hannie, but that could be due to the angle of the shot and the fact that her hair is actually done, etc. But how old is Hannie? Like, eleven? The girl in the picture looks awfully... developed. Then again, she also doesn't look very tall (as compared to Bin's sister, who can also be seen in the Seewald picture), so... maybe?

• Love 1

The Seewalds are something of an enigma to me. They were willing to let their 17 year-old son date a 20 year-old woman from a lunatic family, yet their one teenaged daughter wears shorts, has her own apartment and works a fulltime job. Fundie on the one hand, but not Fundie on the other.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The Seewalds are something of an enigma to me. They were willing to let their 17 year-old son date a 20 year-old woman from a lunatic family, yet their one teenaged daughter wears shorts, has her own apartment and works a fulltime job. Fundie on the one hand, but not Fundie on the other.

Daddy Seewald was 1) Fundie Mama Rose pushing his son into a TV family, 2) projecting his own uncontrollable teenage boy lustfullness into Bin 3) needing to gloat about landing the hottest Fundie girl of the moment.

Girls don't lust and girls don't matter, unless you're one upping another family as to arranging the best marriage. 

• Love 6

So Jinger's married.  She looked very emotional coming out of the church.  Finally escaping 20 some years of Duggar slavery will do that to you.  Now she just has to be at Jeremy's beck and call.  Raising her own holy army and submitting to her lordship Babe.  

Dress was nice.  Bridesmaids dresses looked too long as they were trying not to step on them.  Not including whatever media income they received from wedding they probably made upwards of 100K just on the gifts from the guests.   JB's cut was probably taken out first.  Like a dowry of some kind.  

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, louannems said:

The latest photos of Hannie showed a still flat chested girl with picked scabs on her forehead. Could pink dress pretty girl be a Vuolo cousin?

The scabs could be covered up, or more on the side of her forehead that's not facing the camera. She definitely does look flat chested in recent photos, but that could be a product of the outfits/ Duggar layers she's wearing. Or maybe she managed to stuff her dress for the wedding without anyone noticing?

I'm reaching, I know, but whoever it is looks Duggar-ish, and it seems weird that Jinger would have a random tween Vuolo cousin as a bridesmaid over Hannie. (Although I guess Hannie could still be an unpictured bridesmaid... when are we getting official People pictures?)

Except for the forced smile wedding picture I've yet to see a happy picture of anyone else.  Was anyone else smiling at all?  It's just weird.  They're used to the cameras by now, they know pictures are being taken, it's a wedding, you'd think people would be walking around smiling.  I don't get it. Most normal people walk around smiling and happy at weddings not looks of total blandness or let's get this over with.  The whole thing is weird.  

• Love 9
19 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

*raises hand* 3/4 Italian here AND grew up in Appalachian South, plus married to a 100% Sicilian (2nd gen born here, but while family speaks Italian, etc.) 

I think we're painting Jeremy as far more Philly Italian than he is. His family is evangelical, which usually means far less elaborate wedding than a catholic Big Fat Italian Wedding. Plus, he's the groom. He doesn't have a whole lot of say in what the bride's family does for the reception. 

Not Italian, but I grew up just North of Philadelphia, in a heavily Catholic neighborhood that was pretty evenly split between Irish and Italian.  I know where Jeremy grew up and went to high school.  He's no Two-Streeter, and probably couldn't find his way to Grays Ferry with a GPS (that's Philadelphia code for, his family is less Italian-American and more just plain old American.)  His people seem like they eat jarred sauce.  I think a lot of people saw the last name, saw that he's from the Philadelphia area (but *not* Philadelphia - yes, there's a difference) and started up with the stereotypes.  

• Love 10

With regards to the bridesmaids footwear,  none of the Duggar girls knows how to walk in heels. Who was going to show them? Michelle with her orthopedic clodhoppers? They need remedial teen girl courses in order to catch up...

And, as to the color of the bridesmaids dresses, it looks as through Jinger picked  Fall colors - like the colors of leaves that fall from the trees.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

I'm from Philly and where he grew up is a totally different world. 

Exactly.  I had the R5 running through my backyard (literally), but I would never claim to be *from Philadelphia*.  Once you get into the Suburban Collar and beyond, even if you're in a neighborhood that's a lot like the one your people lived in, you're still not from Philadelphia.  

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Defrauder said:

Except for the forced smile wedding picture I've yet to see a happy picture of anyone else.  Was anyone else smiling at all?  It's just weird.  They're used to the cameras by now, they know pictures are being taken, it's a wedding, you'd think people would be walking around smiling.  I don't get it. Most normal people walk around smiling and happy at weddings not looks of total blandness or let's get this over with.  The whole thing is weird.  

Boy, that's really true, isn't it? Of course, in their family when you think of a wedding, you think of 1000 strangers clamoring out of beat-up rvs to gawk at you, paparazzi, a sib that you are likely not to give a crap about (or at least it looks that way), a new in-law that you don't even know and your soon-to-be-married sib doesn't really know either, JB yet again making embarrassing snicker-remarks about saving kisses till the wedding night -- from an altar, of all places, and about 3000 more of these stupid affairs to come. Could account for the attitudes.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So happy to see the ManBun make an appearance!  Hahaha, take that, JB!  But Derrick needed to trim up his neck and beard for sure.

I thought the girls were trained to do this as part of their wifely duties. Get on that Jill or have Joy do it like Jessa's gotten her to do it for Ben. A sister wife's boobs in his face is quite the godly gift. Gah, they all make me nuts but at least Jeremy seemed groomed and I hope stays that way.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Defrauder said:

Weird elf shoes on Michelle. 

Someone will probably come along and name the brand of clog. They are like nurses wear and rather expensive. Can't really fault her because her bones are probably a mess and she's found something that's a good fit and hopefully pain free. On the other hand, the rest of the Dugs foot wear selections are almost universally bad.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Someone will probably come along and name the brand of clog. They are like nurses wear and rather expensive. Can't really fault her because her bones are probably a mess and she's found something that's a good fit and hopefully pain free. On the other hand, the rest of the Dugs foot wear selections are almost universally bad.

Are they Danskos?

The Instagram handle "duggarfanforever" has several new posts from the wedding. Turns out it is Hannie in the light pink dress. She's in a picture with Jill, looking absolutely miserable. I don't know what went down last Saturday, but everyone's facial expressions look like they were at a funeral instead of a wedding. What gives?

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

The Instagram handle "duggarfanforever" has several new posts from the wedding. Turns out it is Hannie in the light pink dress. She's in a picture with Jill, looking absolutely miserable. I don't know what went down last Saturday, but everyone's facial expressions look like they were at a funeral instead of a wedding. What gives?

Aw Hannie has always been one of my favorites. Was she close with Jinger? I can't remember.

9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Many of the family looked oddly grim but Smuggar was grinning like the fat fool that he is.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Those look like screenshots from the congratulations videos the Duggars posted today

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

idg901.jpg

• Love 3
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

With regards to the bridesmaids footwear,  none of the Duggar girls knows how to walk in heels. Who was going to show them? Michelle with her orthopedic clodhoppers? They need remedial teen girl courses in order to catch up...

And, as to the color of the bridesmaids dresses, it looks as through Jinger picked  Fall colors - like the colors of leaves that fall from the trees.

That's what I originally thought as well, but then where do lilac, pale pink and gray fit in? It's as if Jinger looked at the swatch chart for that dress and said 'just give me one of everything'. I'm really interested in seeing the formal bridal party pics to see how it all comes together.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, cdp73 said:

This quote is regarding Derick's man bun.  I hate them, too.  He should have shaved his neck so it would look cleaner.  Sadly, however, it still looks like he spent more time on his hair than Jill did on hers.

What do hipsters use to hold up the bum? I just made one for fun, but I don't think it will last 5 minutes without some sort of fastening.