Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Always the Bitch, Never the Bride

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Muffyn said:

Going to Home Goods when feeling that bad was silly.  Dorinda came off as very kind.  When she's not drunk and screaming, she seems really pleasant.  Hmm, maybe when Ramona was talking how great Sonja was when sober she really meant Dorinda.  Sonja is much more fun drunk. 

I hated the damn dog wedding.  So freaking boring. 

Sonja is not a belligerent, mean drunk.  Ramona was very wrong about that, and was projecting her own behavior onto Sonja.  Ramona and Dorinda fit that descrpiton when drunk.  Bethy fits that description almost all the time.

2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Boring episode, but I loved that Bethanny loves Home Goods which is one of my fav places to shop.

I'm so confused.  I thought Dorinda was the one who loves Home Goods, and I thought I heard Bethy saying this is the first time she had been in Home Goods.

• Love 11

As someone who is recovering from a d&c to remove my polyps as I type, I truly want to feel for her, but I don't. It's not the end of the world. I'm sure she has the best doctors. Get it taken care of and move on.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I'm not trying to defend Bethenny (Lordie no!) but feel it's important to clarify the differences between endometriosis and fibroids.

Endometriosis is a condition where the type of tissue that lines the uterus also grows outside the uterus, usually on the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, the outer wall of the uterus, the intestines, or other organs in the abdomen. Since they are the same type of cells that usually line the uterus, they respond to estrogen and grow a little each month and sometimes slightly bleed.

Uterine fibroids are benign lumps of muscle and connective tissue that grow on the uterine wall. Fibroids can cause a feeling of moderate to severe pelvic pressure at any time. And the closer they are to the uterine lining, the heavier the menstrual flow. It may last longer than seven days. Fibroid tumors are concerning because they can become cancerous.

I'm an RN. I know the difference.  I believe Bethenny has/had both.  My point was Bethenny would be used to heavy bleeding r/t endometriosis, and less likely to over react and describe a couple of tablespoons of blood heavy bleeding.   I also think she would have dismissed some of the pain from fibroids, having experienced endometriosis.  Before I was diagnosed with endometriosis, for years I thought I was such a whimp and wondered why other women carried on during their periods when I found it difficult to function.  But then I made kidney stones my bitch - completing an English final and my ACTs, and realized I actually had a high pain tolerance.  

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Rainny said:

I couldn't do it. No way I could be bleeding so badly that I ruin rugs, bedding and all that and then get dressed up and go out. I would be worrying the entire time about my clothing, the car seats, the restaurant seats, floor, etc. Especially not if I felt as weak and tired as she said she did. There is just no reason to put yourself through all of that. 

I believe her, I just wouldn't do it, I would have been in the emergency room, or at home resting until my Dr. appointment. 

I get that.  And I think if you have a choice, you're right!  But... so often you don't have a choice.  One thing I've learned is that it is incredible how many people are out in everyday life, doing their jobs, raising their kids, and at the same time are dealing with major health issues that you know nothing about.  Fibroid insanity, and the practical challenges it raises, is nothing compared to people who are out doing their jobs, traveling for work, etc., and under their shirt they have their chemo infusion hooked up, or they have to leave the meeting at a precise time to take their HIV meds, etc.  I once did a triathlon and after finishing it had to sneak into the porta-potty to give myself an IVF shot.  That was funny, because it was funny and IVF was a choice and a privilege (albeit one that didn't work), but I know so many people who have done so many hard things - and you would never know. Because life has to go on. I can't take my stuff too seriously because I've seen what serious looks like, and thank God, it hasn't happened to me yet.

Which is why Yolanda's "invisible illness" narrative made me so angry because say what you will about Yolanda's illness, not one darn thing about it was INVISIBLE.  And I don't think illness has to be, by the way.  I think people have the right to deal with their illness in whatever way empowers them and makes them feel better, and I will do my best to show compassion. Gosh. I'd be a terrible Housewife. 

P.S. If this makes me sound preachy, I apologize.  I've lived with and around so many people who deal with illness and setbacks with such bravery, my standard for what makes someone a role model is very high. I would never hit it myself.

• Love 19
(edited)

For those wondering - you don't have to be a rich NYC HW to get a same day doctor's appointment especially when you have a caring doctor. I do it all the time so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that if she called a doctor and described her symptoms the response was "get over here NOW!" 

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, abbottrabbit said:

When we're talking paid promotions  -- let's not forget Priv, which will apparently come to your house and do beauty things to you so you can live just like a Real Housewife!*

* Side effects of Priv may include divorce, foreclosure, ghost writers, Lyme disease, Munchausen syndrome, Munchausen by proxy, and possible federal jail time. Do not consume alcohol while using Priv (unless it is Skinnygirl, Tipsy Girl, Ramona Pinot, or Fabellini). While using Priv, you may experience hair loss -- see your hairdresser about extensions. If you bleed from your coochie-coo for more than 24 hours while using Priv, seek immediate medical attention. Vanity product lines not included; auto-tuned dance tracks also sold separately. 

I signed in just to say 'Thank you, thank you, Abbottrabbit!!!  I needed that!'  ROFL. 

(now back to work I go)

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Ellee said:

I signed in just to say 'Thank you, thank you, Abbottrabbit!!!  I needed that!'  ROFL. 

(now back to work I go)

I tried logging in to PRIV.  It's only available in NYC, LA and London.  I live in western Wisconsin and have a property in eastern CT.  So not worth it for anyone not in major metropolitan areas.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ottergirl said:

I couldn't do it. No way I could be bleeding so badly that I ruin rugs, bedding and all that and then get dressed up and go out. I would be worrying the entire time about my clothing, the car seats, the restaurant seats, floor, etc. Especially not if I felt as weak and tired as she said she did. There is just no reason to put yourself through all of that. 

I know I'm a totally cynical bitch and actually believe that B felt like shit. Of course she shouldn't have gone shopping--but I kept thinking that she'd be damned before missing a scene for broadcast.

9 minutes ago, Boofish said:

For those wondering - you don't have to be a rich NYC HW to get a same day doctor's appointment especially when you have a caring doctor. I do it all the time so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that if she called a doctor and described her symptoms the response was "get over here NOW!" 

Absolutely. I used to be one of those people who answered the OB/GYN's phones and made appointments (among other things) we always kept a slot or two open for emergency's and always worked women in. I also found that if a patient was bumped or kept waiting because of it--or a delivery or surgery, while they might be annoyed, they understood. It's a no brainer.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm an RN. I know the difference.  I believe Bethenny has/had both.  My point was Bethenny would be used to heavy bleeding r/t endometriosis, and less likely to over react and describe a couple of tablespoons of blood heavy bleeding.   I also think she would have dismissed some of the pain from fibroids, having experienced endometriosis.  Before I was diagnosed with endometriosis, for years I thought I was such a whimp and wondered why other women carried on during their periods when I found it difficult to function.  But then I made kidney stones my bitch - completing an English final and my ACTs, and realized I actually had a high pain tolerance.  

I'm glad you figured that out since you're a RN. It really does show everyone is different.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

They didn't do a great job with the editing of giving us a timeframe, but clearly she met with Lu and Carole on the same evening. I just watched and she is wearing the exact same thing during both meetings. Same dress (or top), and even the same necklace. Looks like she was telling the truth. She had a doctor appointment scheduled for the next day. 

You are correct. She met Carole after Lu. She even said so herself in that segment --- she said something along the lines of "I just left from seeing luann and came straight here" then she started talking about the text messages and said "she just sent this moments ago" 

The next day, she saw Dorinda, and had the appointment. She said she had the appointment scheduled and was meeting up with Dorinda before the appointment time. That's why Dorinda then offered to go directly to the appointment with her. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, archer1267 said:

Remember when Kelly called Bethenny a ho bag on Scary Island? Even Jill said afterwards that that wasn't cool. I can't believe Bethenny would refer to Sonja and LuAnn that way, having been on the receiving end of it before.

And her problems with them aren't that they are sexually free women - it was just an easy way to dis them. Nice. 

I find this really upsetting because Bethanny out one side of her mouth is talking about how she isn't slut shaming, women should feel liberated to sleep with who they want, etc etc. Then out the other end, her first name for them is hoe this and hoe that.. 

which is it bethanny. She's a girls, girl - my ass! 

3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

OK,  I was really confused by the Baby co-parenting thing too!  I assumed Adam was Baby's "father."

And isn't Tripp the guy who lives in LA whom she co-parents Margaret with?

So I did a little research and found this nugget on Bravo: Baby's "co-parent" is Megan King Edmond's brother!

Damn, how many damn people does it take to raise ONE dog! This is ridic. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I just have to say - I'm sorry, but the doggy wedding was ridiculous. First of all, I'm just one of those people that doesn't care for this trend of dressing up dogs. I understand if it's cold and you take your dog out and you want a nice sweater to keep them warm. But overall, dogs don't need clothing. They're not made that way. And they can't speak up for themselves, so how do you know if they're uncomfortable or too hot or something? I don't know, it just bugs me. 

But okay, they're throwing this elaborate doggie wedding to raise awareness about puppy mills. Great, I support that 100%. But they only raised $10k? I don't go to charity events, so maybe I'm speaking out of my ass, but that seems like a low amount in contrast to all that went into the event. I mean, the "bride" alone was wearing a custom Marchesa dress. How much did THAT cost? I just hope that they made a lot more than they spent, and I'll eat my words if I'm wrong, but it looks doubtful. 

Right on!  I LOOOOVE dogs and have six of my own but only when it is really cold, which it doesn't get THAT cold in Texas, do the smooth-coated Wiener dogs get some sort of a sweater and they don't seem to even like them.  I rarely put sweaters on them.  I even hate them having collars on when we are at home so watching people put clothes on dogs makes me sad.  I'm especially looking at you Lisa V from RH of BH's. Poor Gigi, he never stops panting, ever!

I was shocked that the boring event only raised $10K as I think it cost a whole lot more than that to put the event on!  BTW, this story line is Carole's only story line, OH BOY!  She is so boring.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, ottergirl said:

I get that.  And I think if you have a choice, you're right!  But... so often you don't have a choice.  One thing I've learned is that it is incredible how many people are out in everyday life, doing their jobs, raising their kids, and at the same time are dealing with major health issues that you know nothing about.  Fibroid insanity, and the practical challenges it raises, is nothing compared to people who are out doing their jobs, traveling for work, etc., and under their shirt they have their chemo infusion hooked up, or they have to leave the meeting at a precise time to take their HIV meds, etc.  I once did a triathlon and after finishing it had to sneak into the porta-potty to give myself an IVF shot.  That was funny, because it was funny and IVF was a choice and a privilege (albeit one that didn't work), but I know so many people who have done so many hard things - and you would never know. Because life has to go on. I can't take my stuff too seriously because I've seen what serious looks like, and thank God, it hasn't happened to me yet.

Which is why Yolanda's "invisible illness" narrative made me so angry because say what you will about Yolanda's illness, not one darn thing about it was INVISIBLE.  And I don't think illness has to be, by the way.  I think people have the right to deal with their illness in whatever way empowers them and makes them feel better, and I will do my best to show compassion. Gosh. I'd be a terrible Housewife. 

P.S. If this makes me sound preachy, I apologize.  I've lived with and around so many people who deal with illness and setbacks with such bravery, my standard for what makes someone a role model is very high. I would never hit it myself.

You don't sound preachy at all. I've lived with my share of health problems in my lifetime, including abnormal menstrual bleeding. Not going too far into it here, but after my last kid, I developed some problems and I did ruin bedding, clothing, had anemia and all that. I ended up having an endometrial ablation. I had to get up, get kids to school, housework, and during some of my health issues earlier in my life, I still held a full time job and I told no one. 

My point was, that Bethenny had a choice to put herself through dressing up and going out or not. She put herself through it and she didn't have to. I wouldn't have. She isn't carrying on doing things people do everyday for their families like people who don't have the resources she does do. She got dressed up to go out and have drinks with friends. It's not the same. I wouldn't have done it. 

All that said, I believe her, I believe she felt the way she said, but again, if you don't have to put yourself through it why do it for screen time. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Lizzing said:

I've got a question about Sonja.  Beth, Dorinda, Carol, and Ramona are saying Sonja should not go on the (now cancelled) trip to Mexico because of her problems with alcohol.  Aside from her getting excessively sloppy early last season in AC, I don't recall her getting belligerently drunk or incoherently lost in the streets on the show, at least no more than anyone else on the show.  Bethenny said on WWHL that "there's a lot" that we, the viewers, don't see that happened between seasons.  Yet no one has given any kind of concrete example of something that happened.  B has straight up also said she hasn't hung around with Sonja, even in the off season, so what has her "worried" about Sonja and booze?  Ramona has also said she's dialed back her time around Sonja, and won't go out with her, so how does she know what's going on?  Is Sonja really in trouble with booze, or is it just a ploy to punish Sonja on the contract holdout?   Ramona getting kicked out of John's dry cleaning party made Page 6; have Sonja's alleged antics been reported anywhere? 

You know, I was wondering the same thing. So I took a stroll through Page6, and they really do have all the stories that end up making it into the show later!  Btw, I didn't really see anything too bad about Sonja that was recent, other than some stories of her dating models.  But the only thing that was about her drunken adventures was a story from 2014 about her being drunk at a party held by Molly Ringwald.  

Other than that, the only new stuff is really just more info on the ongoing battle with her and Beth about Tipsy Girl. Looks like Sonja is opening Tipsy Girl rest and bar

An awning has gone up at 45 W. Eighth St. for Morgan’s Tipsy Girl restaurant and bar after Skinnygirl liquor mogul Frankel lost a recent bid to block the upstart brand through the US Patent and Trademark Office.

In April, Frankel’s team filed to trademark the name “Tipsygirl,” presumably because they viewed it as too close to her $100 million Skinnygirl brand. Morgan’s plans for Tipsy Girl — spearheaded by her business partner Peter Guimaraes — include a line of prosecco, with an eye to expand to other booze, along with a chain of lounge-type restaurants.

The Eighth Street Tipsy Girl restaurant is 2,000 square feet,

But back to my point about Page 6 having all the storylines months before they air -- they also have this headline from JANUARY 2016 

"Ramona Singer couldn’t stop eating cake at dog wedding - which is so hilarious! 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Boofish said:

My daughter at only 28 had the same issues and surgery as Bethenny. She cried for weeks and her recovery was long and painful. She didn't have cancer but she had every right to her fears, tears, questions, doubts and feelings and so like her or not, so does Bethenny.

Sorry.  

My husband does have cancer (colon) and has been through the ringer so I tend to view everything through the cancer lens.

• Love 4
Just now, sasha206 said:

Sorry.  

My husband does have cancer (colon) and has been through the ringer so I tend to view everything through the cancer lens.

Understood. My mother died of colon cancer so I get it but she would always remind me "if you put your problems in a pile with everyone else's you would take yours back"

Good thoughts and hugs for you and your husband :)

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Knuckles said:

The doggie wedding was to give the wives something to do....and to suggest despite all evidence, that these are warm, caring women. Using living creatures and forcing them to play dress up is just wrong. There are events all over NYC to promote dog health and welfare, among them Cancer Walks, where owners and dogs walk a designated route with sponsors... the one I join each year always raises more than 100k. Staging this event which undermined a dog's natural dignity, and still raised only a measly 10k....epic fail.

Thanks for this perspective.  I've always been curious about dogs in NYC, especially in apartments where there's little or no green space.  I picture streets and sidewalks littered with poop, but maybe it's not that bad (?).  As for dressing up the dogs, the dogs I've known have been happy to do anything with their people.  And if you've seen my Sadie (in the avatar) sprawled out on her back, legs spread, lady bits catching the breeze -- well, dignified she ain't.  I do agree about the fail -- $10K is pocket change to these people. 

• Love 4
Just now, Boofish said:

Understood. My mother died of colon cancer so I get it but she would always remind me "if you put your problems in a pile with everyone else's you would take yours back"

Good thoughts and hugs for you and your husband :)

Thanks love!  It's a roller coaster ride for sure.  He has a scan tomorrow actually and I'm a tad nervous.  Cancer marker was up apparently  He's on new meds (Lonsurf) which is supposed to be very good but they haven't yet kicked in.  So, anywho thanks for the kind words!

On the topic at hand...I didn't mean to downplay what she is going through -- and I know it's tough.  For your daughter, if she had to worry about conceiving and possibly having a hysterectomy, I totally get the tears.  In fact, I do understand Bethenny being upset.  it's just that the "living will" and then her tears reminded me of her "homeless" tears the season before!  

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, ottergirl said:

You didn't come off as sounding 'preachy' at all.  I think we watch shows like RHoNY simply because it helps to remove us from our day-to-day stresses like life-threatening illnesses, job losses, family deaths and our own health issues which may in fact ultimately take our life. The thing that does annoy me to a great extent is the way these wealthy, bored NY (and other)  housewives seem to magnify everything as if their illness or troubles are far worse than anyone else's. They will gladly pay $150 for the 'noble cause' of putting an end to puppy mills (which will never happen), but really they weren't there for any abused puppies. They were there to rub shoulders with other socialites and rich people who could care less about real people that are dying of starvation, or living in a cardboard box on Fifth Avenue or children being sold into sex slavery in the United States. Obviously their sole concern is what happens within their safe little microcosm of NY society.

Should I feel compassion for Bethenny's problems with fibroid tumors, or for Jules for the breakup of her marriage to Michael, or for the bruises left behind on Sonja's face from Botox injections requiring additional makeup to cover them? This was just a rhetorical question.

Last thing I need to add. Why would anyone hire a nanny that "doesn't speak 'a lick of English. Espanol all the way but she speaks charades". (I wonder how you'd say "fire! call 911" in charades) Who is going to the try to learn another language in order to communicate effectively, the nanny or Jules? And the 'little accident' involving her vagina that she thought just might need vaginoplasty .......what?

• Love 7

Seriously, is it possible to talk about something else than vagina, bleeding, endometriosis, etc. ? Or is it possible to discuss it in the Bethenny thread ?

No, I'm not a mod, but, seriously, who cares ? (I don't say that I don't care about people who suffered... etc... who are experiencing... went through -I fit in this category-  etc... good insurance vs. bad one, SAHM with nannies vs without any nanny, etc...  but, in that conext (a Real Housewives show), THAT'S EFFING BORING !  Really.)

*Out for a SUP ride...*

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

On the topic at hand...I didn't mean to downplay what she is going through -- and I know it's tough.  For your daughter, if she had to worry about conceiving and possibly having a hysterectomy, I totally get the tears.  In fact, I do understand Bethenny being upset.  it's just that the "living will" and then her tears reminded me of her "homeless" tears the season before!  

HAHAHA yeah B don't exactly deposit money in her "good will" account with anyone so not surprising it's empty. Everything is very community house theater Shakespeare with that chick 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but did Jules ever say WHY she was climbing in/out of a window when she injured her "coochie coo"??  WTF??  

I wondered the same thing!  Maybe she was trying to break into her friend's house to see if her hubby was fucking her friend?

Just now, Boofish said:

HAHAHA yeah B don't exactly deposit money in her "good will" account with anyone so not surprising it's empty. Everything is very community house theater Shakespeare with that chick 

Exactly! 

And I"m so disappointed with her.  I loved her so much before she became super wealthy.  She was acerbic, funny, you rooted for her.  Now she's having dinner w/LuAnn and it's like watching the Godfather at her throne.  This is why I'm starting to love Lu.  She loves getting under Bethenny's skin and she does it so well.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Rainny said:

I believe her, I just wouldn't do it, I would have been in the emergency room, or at home resting until my Dr. appointment. 

It's hard for me to undersatnd that too.

I mean, if you lived a life of heavy periods (I have) and this is something over and beyond that, you would more than likely either go to ER right? 

Personally, I think she probably thought during filming she was going to come off as a huge bitch calling LuAnn a whore.  So she wanted to make sure she got a dramatic exit to her Dr.'s on camera.  Everythihg she does is calculated in my opinion.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:
18 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I've always been curious about dogs in NYC, especially in apartments where there's little or no green space.  I picture streets and sidewalks littered with poop, but maybe it's not that bad (?).  As for dressing up the dogs, the dogs I've known have been happy to do anything with their people.  And if you've seen my Sadie (in the avatar) sprawled out on her back, legs spread, lady bits catching the breeze -- well, dignified she ain't.  I do agree about the fail -- $10K is pocket change to these people. 

I was in NYC for Memorial Day weekend, and I saw SO many dogs! I stayed in the financial district, so maybe that's why--(more residential housing). I didn't see any poop either, but there were dogs with their people everywhere! Sadie is SO cute!

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

Seriously, is it possible to talk about something else than vagina, bleeding, endometriosis, etc. ? Or is it possible to discuss it in the Bethenny thread ?

No, I'm not a mod, but, seriously, who cares ? (I don't say that I don't care about people who suffered... etc... who are experiencing... went through -I fit in this category-  etc... good insurance vs. bad one, SAHM with nannies vs without any nanny, etc...  but, in that conext (a Real Housewives show), THAT'S EFFING BORING !  Really.)

*Out for a SUP ride...*

To be perfectly fair to those who have commented on the bleeding and fibroids and vagina bruises I have to say that other than the 'dog wedding NY social event of the week' there really was nothing to discuss about this episode other than Bethenny's bleeding fibroids and Jule's vagina bruises. Searching for anything of a substantive nature to discuss in the forum was like trying to find teeth in a chicken because that's what this entire episode focused on.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

raiderred, thanks for sharing that information.  I hope you feel better now that the mystery is solved  ;)

Thank you sooo much ZALDAMOWILDER.  It got so dark in my world, psychologically, that I feared for my life. I never would have thought that of myself in a 100 years.  I absolutely hope this patch is the answer to all my fears. 

• Love 2

I was recently diagnosed with fibroids and am in the process of making a decision about treatment. I'm grateful for all the information you all have provided. Bethenny's been SO nasty this season, so it's hard for me to take interest in anything involving her. The slut-shaming, leading Crazy Eyes and Carole around by the nose, screeching, and bullying everyone have made it impossible for me to not fast-forward past her. Just TOO shrill and hateful. I've really benefitted from y'all's commentary on the medical issue, though, so thank you.

• Love 12

That $10,000.00 was probably all they had left after spending so much money on all that other nonsense. I was all in knowing it was for charity but they should have been downright embarrassed at the amount of money raised vs the cost .. the venue, the cake, the staff, the clothes .. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Boofish said:

That $10,000.00 was probably all they had left after spending so much money on all that other nonsense. I was all in knowing it was for charity but they should have been downright embarrassed at the amount of money raised vs the cost .. the venue, the cake, the staff, the clothes .. 

I know, right? But aren't those things usually donated for charity events? You're right--if they didn't get everything donated, they're REALLY a bunch of silly buffoons. 

• Love 6

I feel horrible for Bethenny. I doubt she's exaggerating for the cameras, because everything she's going through rings true. People think that because fibroids are benign, they are no big deal. But they can be serious, and it's major surgery. I had fibroids that were so bad, they wrapped around other organs. When I walked into the ER distended like I was 8 months pregnant, my BP was so low, it was life-threatening. I was put on the oncology ward,  had to sign a living will and a DNR--and was rushed into surgery. Then there was the waiting to make sure the tissue wasn't malignant, which,thank god, it wasn't. My uterous was completely crowded with fibroids, they had wrapped around my ovaries, and they were affecting other organs,  so I had to have a total hysterectomy. I  had complications, so I was in the hospital for 12 days. I then had to go through a surgical menopause,  and it took  months to recover. Even when I recovered physically, it took a really long time to feel like myself again. I noticed Bethenny was really subdued on WWHL, which is how I was post-surgery. I wish her all the best in continuing her recovery. 

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, StevieRocks said:

I know, right? But aren't those things usually donated for charity events? You're right--if they didn't get everything donated, they're REALLY a bunch of silly buffoons. 

I'm sure some stuff was comped but let's say it was all comped and they relied on donations alone. One of them remarked it was "over 300 people" in attendance. That averages 33.33 per person! Look I'm not trying to spend other people's money and finance "shame" (since everything is shaming now) these ladies, but they have socks that cost more than that .. something smells rotten and it's not all the dog poo! 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, shoegal said:

Drinks with Carole were the same night as drinks with LuAnn, Bethenny is wearing the same outfit and references just speaking to LuAnn. Shopping with Dorinda was the next day, I'm assuming scheduled in advance and before her 2 pm doctors appointment, which was the emergency appointment she had made the day before (the day of drinks with LuAnn and Carole).

Yeah, the timeline wasn't that difficult to follow.  Beth even said that her doctor's appointment was later that day so she went shopping with Dorinda in the morning to distract herself.   And drinks with both Carol and Lu were the previous evening where she said she had a doctor's appointment the following day.

Beth seems the type to not really go to the doctor unless it's an emergency.  She probably had no idea how serious it was and didn't seem to delay seeing a doctor, outside of not rushing to the ER.  She said she had been bleeding for 3 days on the day of her doctor's appointment so it's not like she had been suffering weeks and hadn't done anything about it.

Beth was in between a rock and a hard place.  If she keeps going about her life and seeing the doctor in the normal course, she's just doing it for attention since she's still filming.  But if she took a break from filming, I'm sure people would say she's just doing that for attention and sympathy.   If you hate Beth, you're always going to find something wrong with everything she does, no matter what it is.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I'd forgotten about that; she did have them and I believe they were bothering her for a while too. 

And it was a pretty major storyline for Cynthia, yet she didn't get snarked on for daring to be upset about it.  I'm sorry you went through what you did with the surgery, it sounds horrible.  I wouldn't blame you for being upset about it, just like I'm not going to harsh on Beth for being upset about it.  Beth has had a c-section so she's experienced reproductive surgery, maybe she's not looking forward to doing it again (I've had two c-sections and if a doctor told me I had to get uterine surgery again now, I'd be pretty upset.  It wasn't a pleasant experience.)  People react differently to health issues, I actually thought Beth's behavior was pretty on par with how she's reacted to other major things in her life. 

• Love 8

Bethany going on about her bleeding reminded me of an episode a few years back where Sonja had a photo shoot and had a heavy period. Sonja went into way too much detail about her periods. She went to the bathroom and I believe compared it to "a murder scene" and then made one of her interns go after her and clean it up. Enough with these ladies and their TMI!  Too bad Bethany and Sonja aren't talking, they could tell each other their bloody stories and leave us out of it!

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

To be perfectly fair to those who have commented on the bleeding and fibroids and vagina bruises I have to say that other than the 'dog wedding NY social event of the week' there really was nothing to discuss about this episode other than Bethenny's bleeding fibroids and Jule's vagina bruises. Searching for anything of a substantive nature to discuss in the forum was like trying to find teeth in a chicken because that's what this entire episode focused on.

I hate to say it but, yes, I have to agree ! :'(

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I'm sure some stuff was comped but let's say it was all comped and they relied on donations alone. One of them remarked it was "over 300 people" in attendance. That averages 33.33 per person! Look I'm not trying to spend other people's money and finance "shame" (since everything is shaming now) these ladies, but they have socks that cost more than that .. something smells rotten and it's not all the dog poo! 

I think Carole said tickets were $150 or $200, so it sounds like most of the money went to fund the event.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rainny said:

You don't sound preachy at all. I've lived with my share of health problems in my lifetime, including abnormal menstrual bleeding. Not going too far into it here, but after my last kid, I developed some problems and I did ruin bedding, clothing, had anemia and all that. I ended up having an endometrial ablation. I had to get up, get kids to school, housework, and during some of my health issues earlier in my life, I still held a full time job and I told no one. 

My point was, that Bethenny had a choice to put herself through dressing up and going out or not. She put herself through it and she didn't have to. I wouldn't have. She isn't carrying on doing things people do everyday for their families like people who don't have the resources she does do. She got dressed up to go out and have drinks with friends. It's not the same. I wouldn't have done it. 

All that said, I believe her, I believe she felt the way she said, but again, if you don't have to put yourself through it why do it for screen time. 

Getting dressed up and going out for drinks is Bethenny's job.  Did she have to do it?  No, she could have called out, just like I can call out sick from work and you probably can, too (at least, I hope you can!  Everyone deserves paid sick leave!!).  Bethenny had work obligations, she made a judgement as to whether she could fulfill them, she pushed through and she did.  As you stated, you bled 'all over' everything and kept up with your obligations, right?  

I think the difference is if you (universal you) see Bethenny as a person or you see Bethenny as a caricature.  I saw Bethenny having very human reactions. 

• Love 12
21 minutes ago, Notmuchofacook said:

Good thing Beth didn't go to the dog wedding...it could have evolved into the RHONYC GoT "Red Wedding." That's all I've got. I'll show myself out.

Could you imagine all the dogs sniffing out her blood.ewwwww

I'll follow you out....

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/23/2016 at 2:53 PM, Booger666 said:

Bethany going on about her bleeding reminded me of an episode a few years back where Sonja had a photo shoot and had a heavy period. Sonja went into way too much detail about her periods. She went to the bathroom and I believe compared it to "a murder scene" and then made one of her interns go after her and clean it up. Enough with these ladies and their TMI!  Too bad Bethany and Sonja aren't talking, they could tell each other their bloody stories and leave us out of it!

I  believe they think if they give us the TMI stories, it is endearing to the viewer.  Or it's so "outrageous" then they are reality gold.  But geez, I'm so sick and tired of the crudeness that seems to invade all of these shows.  I say that as a person who loves the eff word!  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

1) Bethenny, you do have parents. Your father is deceased and your mother is alive and more than likely living in a 20 mile radius of you. Your step-father is also alive. Stop it. 

I bet she aunts and uncles and cousins that would be great to get to know and come to terms with her childhood. Aunties are good like that. Cousins too that lived thru the no seat belt era riding backwards in the cargo area of a station wagon that laugh about it and roll their eyes instead of exaggerating it into monster abuse stories. 

2) With as many lawyers as she has wouldn't Bethenny have Advance Directives well thought out ? Isn't the term living will antiquated ? Living will is a great term for Bethenny to cry about for us because of the word WILL denoting death but Advance Directives are handy little packets for proactive  future planning before you're  sick. 

If Bethenny had them in place back when Julie Plake was in charge of Bryn when there was a happy marriage and NO health crisis ..... Then she has them now in this bitter divorce era.

The real anxiety for Bethenny might be remembering which intern of the week that schlepped B's Birkins, preg tests, and Adderall while B was "homeless".... is the person in charge of the current Advance Directives she has in writing. 

Just because someone has blood relatives that are alive doesn't mean they are family.  I have a host of blood relatives that seemed to vanish when my sisters and I really needed them.  So when people ask me if I have family I say yes, my sisters (and our husbands) and that is it.  And my Auntie?  Could not have cared less when we tried to get her help getting our father/her brother (now deceased) away from the sociopath that ruined his life (and this Aunt is a diehard Mormon who CLAIMS to be all about family).  So yes, there are times when one might feel sorry for themselves because they are facing something alone despite there being humans in this world that share their bloodline.  It is also hard to ask someone to take care of you in an emergency unless you are very close to them.  I certainly wouldn't ask someone who was a step father at one time that I have seen seldom over the years.  So I TOTALLY get her panic about the situation.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Sorry.

Mine does as well.  I wish him and you all the best.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I think Carole said tickets were $150 or $200, so it sounds like most of the money went to fund the event.

So this "event" is getting dumber by the minute. There is an unfortunate Facebook challenge now. I was "nominated" and here is what it said "I'm bringing awareness to cancer. If nominated you have to post 5 selfies where you feel beautiful and then nominate 5 people" When I asked "how are you bringing awareness? who is not "aware" of cancer? which type of cancer? how does posting 5 selfies bring awareness to cancer?" I was promptly deleted and blocked. This is what this "dog charity wedding" is starting to remind me of *atomic eye roll*

• Love 8
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I actually can't stand this no matter who is the target.  I really dislike Yolanda but the vitriol was so bad I stopped reading for a bit. I've never been back to Yolanda's thread.  I am one of the most cynical, sarcastic, and irreverent people out there, but it's beyond my ability to read the never ending negativity.  Aviva was extremely unlikable and easy to make fun of, but the insensitivity to a woman who lost her leg as a child was unbelievable.  The mocking of her story of the incident.  Criticizing a child who's leg was mangled for screaming, and of her father for urging her to continue to scream.  And then her return to the site of her trauma was all about Aviva faking the whole thing and tormenting the woman who was with her at the time. 

I'm at about my limit with references to Carole's teeth, and I finally figured out the ignore feature.  I really can't stand the frame by frame analysis and anecdotal stories of how others bravely endure something, which automatically means so and so is malingering, faking, milking a story line, what the fuck-ever.  God forbid I'm not suggesting things should be off limits and not climbing on my high horse. I simply hate a medical issue being parsed and microscoped - even hated with Brooks. 

And as for Meghan P.I., Ryebread, I haven't watched OC yet, but my understanding is the problem is with Jim's vasectomy.  Unless Meghan announces there are issues with her own reproductive system, her issue isn't truly infertility.  Need to go watch.   

Brava!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Forgive me if this has been answered already, but did Jules ever say WHY she was climbing in/out of a window when she injured her "coochie coo"??  WTF??  

I STILL need an answer to this. For real. Most pressing reunion question, IMO. 

• Love 15
14 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

So all the dogs were a backdoor ad for the Secret Life of Pets and the Homegoods excursion was also a paid promotion, right?  Because both had special ads during the commercial breaks.

All TV programs are paid for by the advertisers, so what's wrong with also promoting those who are aiding in keeping the program on air?  I enjoyed the Home Goods scene, as I also love shopping.  Unfortunately, the scene had to end too soon because of Beth's emergency ?

• Love 3

Something else I don't understand is hiring a nanny -- or anyone you'll need to communicate with every day -- and you can't speak their language.  Why do that?  You're going to leave your kids with someone they can't communicate with? 

• Love 6

Besides bleeding the other major announcement were Ramona's claims of having dated Tom seven times were dispelled.  Big difference between a single encounter and seven dates.  I thought Dorinda was insightful when she claimed Ramona does not care to see other people happy.

Ramona really is very unaware.  Her coaching Sonja to say, "I am sorry, forgive me," was telling.  It showed me there is exactly zero sincerity in Ramona's apologies.  It is really all about the other person forgiving not for the transgression.

I believe in yesterday's press release Bethenny said she wanted to remove shame from gynecological bleeding.  It is like humbling bragging, "I still  menstruate." (Very Brandi RHOBH and her "flow" statements. Since I have never seen as shameful, it may be embarrassing, inconvenient, destructive to furniture and clothing and linens, it does raise the issue the RH in general have done to one another about shaming the others.  There was something insincere about Bethenny trying to distance herself age wise from her problems and hysterectomy.  Bethenny's child bearing years are over.  She will be 46 years old in a few months.  http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/05/27/late.pregnancy.risks/  She, Ramona and even Luann need to stop trying to sell us they are ripe for childbearing.  Just because you have periods doesn't mean you are ovulating.  I really don't want the franchises to devolve into menopause discussions but at some point these women need to stop attaching their superiority to absence of menopause.  I welcome their discussions about non-age related infertility because that is something that is real and heartbreaking and of course overcoming it results in a child.  Adoption is also a very real option.

So this group of RH have had plenty of chances to take the highroad and choose not to.  Brandi and her "menopausal mamas", LVP announcing at the Reunion that Kyle peed herself when the ladies took the cameras and their night of drunken gymnastics, Meghan stress incontinence shaming Shannon for not being able to jog,  Tamra bringing the camera crew into her room to memorialize Vicki peeing on the bed.  It was totally in character Ramona bemoaning the fact she might have to return a bathing suit because of Bethenny's maladies.

• Love 13