Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Always the Bitch, Never the Bride

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

So, they went on a trip anyway?  I wonder if it was filmed?  I'm very confused.

Well, kind of........

Spoiler

There was an engagement party (I think) for Luann in Miami that Sonja, Dorinda, Ramona and Carole went to and around the same time, Bethenny was in Mexico without the other HWs (at least from her pictures on IG).

I don't know if they go on any big trip this season like their T&C trip or if it is Miami (like Montana) state side.

• Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I could be wrong but I remember Beth saying that 'she' knew that something was going on with Jules's marriage. It doesn't mean squat now.  Easy to say something after the fact to give yourself credit. 

Maybe, but I think the world could tell there was something wrong with their marriage during the last 2 episodes (at least). And I don't think Jules was trying to hide it. It was my gut instinct from the "FUCK YOU" TH, and dinner with Dorinda. Shit was not right in that household, and Jules wanted evidence documented on camera. Statements such as Michael's horrific "childcare". Just like the evidence that Michael had nothing to do with the drink. There's not much doubt in my mind that Jules knew her marriage was ending and took on the HW gig and the  drink gig in order for the upcoming shit storm. Her behavior post- divorce  and "her" statement seemed pretty calculated. I don't think Jules was blindsided at all. That doesn't make her a bad person, that makes her smart as hell.*

As for the bruised "coochie-coo" perhaps she was straddling a window to smoke a ciggie so the majority of the smoke went outside. Only thing I can think of at the moment.

*Smart to get her fiances in order and set up a compelling and sympathetic platform for herself on TV for the upcoming divorce. Getting her own things/hobbies/businesses going on was a good move.

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 6

From a Place of Yes, Beth writes:

In A Place of Yes, Bethenny wrote, "For me, my mom was a wild card. One minute she was my best friend. The next minute she was screaming..." She said her mother loved her but "didn't know how to raise [her]." So while Bethenny affirms how much she felt loved by her mother and that her mother made her feel special, she also questioned her mom's behavior and parenting skills, saying that she "never felt safe."

https://www.romper.com/p/who-is-bethenny-frankels-mom-their-relationship-is-complicated-9810

I wonder if those will be Bryn's words someday.  I hope not but I can't help thinking it.  Beth, IMO, is an incredibly screwed up person and I have a lot of doubts that it's 'all' about her childhood.  It's just who she is.  Being rich just isn't enough.  She craves fame, attention and control. 

As for Bryn, no matter what some may think of Jason,  I think he loves her very much and so does his parents.  From what I've seen and read, he does want her to have a normal childhood - how dare the man give Bryn a hot dog.  And being with family.  Beth hates it because it isn't about Beth.  She can't compete with that.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, breezy424 said:

In A Place of Yes, Bethenny wrote, "For me, my mom was a wild card. One minute she was my best friend. The next minute she was screaming..." She said her mother loved her but "didn't know how to raise [her]." So while Bethenny affirms how much she felt loved by her mother and that her mother made her feel special, she also questioned her mom's behavior and parenting skills, saying that she "never felt safe."

https://www.romper.com/p/who-is-bethenny-frankels-mom-their-relationship-is-complicated-9810

I wonder if those will be Bryn's words someday.  I hope not but I can't help thinking it.  Beth, IMO, is an incredibly screwed up person and I have a lot of doubts that it's 'all' about her childhood.  It's just who she is.  Being rich just isn't enough.  She craves fame, attention and control. 

As for Bryn, no matter what some may think of Jason,  I think he loves her very much and so does his parents.  From what I've seen and read, he does want her to have a normal childhood - how dare the man give Bryn a hot dog.  And being with family.  Beth hates it because it isn't about Beth.  She can't compete with that.

We do often repeat what our parents have done before us.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I bought that book on audio, and I could not make it past disc 3.  It was horrible.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, kassa said:

Since the female reproductive health issues and dog wedding have been fully discussed... what was with Jules' Gordon Gartrell blouse?

I love you for this reference!!! Every time I see someone in a questionable design I ask if he is the designer. Those who get the joke automatically become my best friend

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I bought that book on audio, and I could not make it past disc 3.  It was horrible.

Well, you can use the discs as coasters, dangerous Frisbees, hang them from your car's rear view mirror, Cut them up and use them for shims on a table/chair that is wonky, a signal mirror, or to cut dough when are baking.......

• Love 4
4 hours ago, sasha206 said:

We do often repeat what our parents have done before us.

It wasn't until I became an adult that I learned to appreciate some of my mom's sayings/advice. One of her favorite lines - when we did something that reflected badly on her was - "Your children will do the same thing to you".

Sure enough, all my sibs that had kids ended up getting 'paid back' with exactly the same kind of BS they inflicted onto my parents.

What goes around, comes around.

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:30 PM, ryebread said:

Women are beautiful and special, too.  Like boobs, some are more imperfect than others but still beautiful in their own way.  I'm more offended when women are called bitches.  Or whores.  Or Ho bags.  Or sluts.  Or c*nts.  

She said in this People magazine interview, re:  her behavior to Luann

Sounds to me like she's saying that her health issue made her do it.  If she wasn't so damn unpleasant most of the time, I could buy that.  We're often not on our best behavior when we don't feel good.  But calling another woman a fuck doll?  I'd have to be delirious with fever and possibly requiring an exorcism. 

http://www.people.com/article/real-housewives-new-york-city-bethenny-frankel-denies-slut-shaming-luann-de-lesseps

Wow....she also says:

"I have a soft spot for LuAnn and most of the Housewives. We have been through work, love and war together, and honestly, none of it matters," she wrote. "We're healthy, fortunate, beautiful women. I say it in the moment and not behind people's backs. I left it all on the court, as always."

Jeez, if this is how you talk about people for whom you have a "soft spot." - well, why even finish the sentence, we all know she's a bitch to everyone.  And apparently no one ever told her she doesn't have to verbalize each and every thought she has, that she says it "in the moment and not behind people's backs" isn't always a good thing!

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Gaily said:

This is slightly off topic but People Magazine did an article on what Carole eats in a day:

http://site.people.com/food/real-housewives-carole-radziwill-food-diary-diet/

I am glad that she actually eats.  Damn, she looks great too.

Writing a book called The Reluctant Vegan makes even less sense.

The vegan diet contains no animal product - inclusive of milk, eggs, and honey. Soft Shell Crabs....um no.

• Love 3

I say it in the moment and not behind people's backs.

One of these days, she's going to act the fool in the wrong moment, and somebody's going to knock her on her back.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

. I left it all on the court, as always."

Jeez, if this is how you talk about people for whom you have a "soft spot." - well, why even finish the sentence, we all know she's a bitch to everyone.  And apparently no one ever told her she doesn't have to verbalize each and every thought she has, that she says it "in the moment and not behind people's backs" isn't always a good thing!

She is trying to make it sound like she doesn't talk smack about her fellow cast members after filming ends, which is a bold faced lie. LOL Bethenny keeps up her nasty comments in the interviews she gives and on SM. She may not go as crazy on SM as Carole or Luann have done but she does do it, especially when she live tweets during an episode. She and Dorinda have had a couple of SM spats so far this season. LOL

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 3:30 PM, ryebread said:

Women are beautiful and special, too.  Like boobs, some are more imperfect than others but still beautiful in their own way.  I'm more offended when women are called bitches.  Or whores.  Or Ho bags.  Or sluts.  Or c*nts.  

She said in this People magazine interview, re:  her behavior to Luann

Sounds to me like she's saying that her health issue made her do it.  If she wasn't so damn unpleasant most of the time, I could buy that.  We're often not on our best behavior when we don't feel good.  But calling another woman a fuck doll?  I'd have to be delirious with fever and possibly requiring an exorcism. 

http://www.people.com/article/real-housewives-new-york-city-bethenny-frankel-denies-slut-shaming-luann-de-lesseps

All I can say is Bethenny claiming things are the truth, it is how she sees things not everyone and at this point not even a consensus.  Bethenny's health crisis was a month later, so this idea that she was in constant distress is ridiculous. 

So now the ever chatty Bethenny is running her mouth about the lack of conversation about gynecological problems.  http://allthingsrh.com/bethenny-felt-like-went-miscarriage-alone/  I guess she has never heard of Google.  There are many support groups and dialogues (although I do believe the key here is Bethenny prefers a monologue) endless on line articles.  She talked about her miscarriage plenty and managed to slam Jason along the way, while they were still married:  http://www.glamour.com/story/bethenny-frankel-im-ready-to-talk-about-my-miscarriage-glamour-july-2012  I guess I am not certain what the emotional requirements are for a miscarriage in the marriage or post D&C etiquette.  In any event, Bethenny keeps trying to make her gynecological issues front and center, and sadly for her nobody really cares to listen.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, jaync said:

One of these days, she's going to act the fool in the wrong moment, and somebody's going to knock her on her back.

Maybe that's why she tries to not hang out with the "drunks".

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jaync said:

Amen.  

I'm actually rooting for Dorinda and John to sue her for defamation for inferring that they are coke heads.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Amen.  

I'm actually rooting for Dorinda and John to sue her for defamation for inferring that they are coke heads.

They can't. They all have a clause in their contracts that prohibits them from suing their fellow cast members, production, Bravo and/or NBC Universal for slander/defamation/ect. for any lies said about them on camera.

3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

They can't. They all have a clause in their contracts that prohibits them from suing their fellow cast members, production, Bravo and/or NBC Universal for slander/defamation/ect. for any lies said about them on camera.

Ah, well that makes sense!

4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Writing a book called The Reluctant Vegan makes even less sense.

The vegan diet contains no animal product - inclusive of milk, eggs, and honey. Soft Shell Crabs....um no.

That's why she's reluctant but she's still never truly transitioned so shouldn't be exploiting the trendiness of veganism now (a la Beyonce, etc.). As a 14-year vegan, I find it a little eye-rolling. However, it's good to see the mainstreaming of something that was derided before.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Amen.  

Sounds like all is well between the three of them.  Dorinda spent time with Beth while she was recovering from surgery last month, and Beth talks often on Twitter about the garments, rugs, and linens that John has taken care of for her. They must be the forgiving kind. Of they have just become accustomed to folks making such claims. Someone who use to work with John posts over on Vulture and they were talking about John's open and rampant cocaine use last season when he was first introduced. According to this person, this is not a secret. I didn't pay much attention to this last season, but it sounds like maybe this person knew what he/she was talking about. 

• Love 3

TV show or not they should not be talking about illegal drug use.  If they are right it is uncool to snitch on someone, if they are wrong it is hard to defend.  If Bravo production is involved bad day for them.  John's drug usage has zero impact on Bethenny's life.  If she does not want to be around it then she should exclude him from parties on her property.   Nobody likes a tattletale.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The contract makes it difficult.  If there is intentional misrepresentation they can sue.  It is just hard to prove intentional misrepresentation.  For example if someone were to say they had proof that Jason was not the father of Bethenny's child, Bethenny, Jason and the minor child would be able to sue.  It has more to do with how deep one goes.  That is why Joanna Krupa is able to go forward with her lawsuit.  Intentional misrepresentation.  Aviva said dumb stuff like, "word on the street" and so and so (without mentioning the name on air) told me. . .

2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The contract makes it difficult.  If there is intentional misrepresentation they can sue.  It is just hard to prove intentional misrepresentation.  For example if someone were to say they had proof that Jason was not the father of Bethenny's child, Bethenny, Jason and the minor child would be able to sue.  It has more to do with how deep one goes.  That is why Joanna Krupa is able to go forward with her lawsuit.  Intentional misrepresentation.  Aviva said dumb stuff like, "word on the street" and so and so (without mentioning the name on air) told me. . .

Joanna and Brandi were not cast members on the same show + Miami was already cancelled when Brandi made the comment the first time on WWHL, so,  Joanna was no longer an employee of Bravo. All of which left Brandi opened to a lawsuit. LOL 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Joanna and Brandi were not cast members on the same show + Miami was already cancelled when Brandi made the comment the first time on WWHL, so,  Joanna was no longer an employee of Bravo. All of which left Brandi opened to a lawsuit. LOL 

I am quite certain of the intentional misrepresentation.  If tomorrow Bravo ran a blurb that Vicki Guvalson was an embezzler of client funds, they can't hide behind a contract they have with Vicki and can say anything they want.  Same holds true if Heather or Terry were to say that about Vicki on air.   At the time of Brandi's comments it was during the airing of the RHOM Reunion episode.  There is a tail that follows the ladies for x number of days during the season.  Brandi complaint was sustained primarily because it actually went out over the internet initially (the aftershow) and Florida had a law regarding slander and that Brandi intentionally misrepresented Mohamed statements about Joanna.

To date this season the only one that has come close and she does so on a regular basis of intentional misrepresentation is Ramona and even her claims have a sliver of truth or are open to interpretation. 

That is why Bravo uses psychics to forward their agendas.  Brooks doesn't have cancer, there is another woman thinking of Mario.

Edited by zoeysmom
8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Not to mention, truth is a defense. If what Beth said was true, John would have no case to make. It might be unseemly to mention such a thing, but it is hardly illegal if it is the truth.

The most interesting thing about it all was Dorinda's lack of complete and total shock and anger that someone she works with would say such a thing on camera. I'm trying to imagine - if untrue - that someone would accuse my boyfriend of doing blow on national TV and I say nothing to dispute the notion. Again, might just be that this is something that swirls around John and Dorinda doesn't see it as such a big thing. Would be a really big thing to me. I know that lots of people find the notion that Beth has taken over the show to be the more interesting story, but to me what is more fascinating is that folks like Dorinda, who I believe to be a strong, opinionated woman in her own right, would just lay down for such allegations. She was more insulted that Heather walked into a restaurant without her or used the word "fuck" than she was someone saying her boyfriend was out of control because he uses cocaine. She was more upset that Lu was "going after her mother" by talking about her birthday cake. Just strange. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Not to mention, truth is a defense. If what Beth said was true, John would have no case to make. It might be unseemly to mention such a thing, but it is hardly illegal if it is the truth.

The most interesting thing about it all was Dorinda's lack of complete and total shock and anger that someone she works with would say such a thing on camera. I'm trying to imagine - if untrue - that someone would accuse my boyfriend of doing blow on national TV and I say nothing to dispute the notion. Again, might just be that this is something that swirls around John and Dorinda doesn't see it as such a big thing. Would be a really big thing to me. I know that lots of people find the notion that Beth has taken over the show to be the more interesting story, but to me what is more fascinating is that folks like Dorinda, who I believe to be a strong, opinionated woman in her own right, would just lay down for such allegations. She was more insulted that Heather walked into a restaurant without her or used the word "fuck" than she was someone saying her boyfriend was out of control because he uses cocaine. She was more upset that Lu was "going after her mother" by talking about her birthday cake. Just strange. 

Luann in an interview said her way of dealing with untrue allegations was essentially not to address them.  So bringing up the blow allegations again would just spark more conversation.  We saw some of that in the Berkshires.  Anytime she said something she was essentially told she was a liar or she wasn't telling the truth.  It was pretty clear to me, Luann had asked Tom about dating Ramona and she was satisfied with his response.  Ramona then amped up the relationship and continues to do so. 

I too, find Dorinda fascinating, as she had to have watched the scene and realized no one was making fun of the cake, Luann was simply saying it was a non-birthday, birthday cake.   When Bethenny gets on a rant, there is no slowing her down.  She thinks it is because she is mentally quicker,  but the reality is she is just merciless.  Dorinda addressed the partying rumors in her blog by pointing out that she was only in the Hamptons once over the summer, when Bethenny was insisting they (Dorinda and John) were all over the Hamptons drunk and drugged.  Bethenny has also for many years used drug references when referring to others, "Ramona, put down the crack pipe, " "Are you on crystal meth?" and another reference this year.  Last year she insisted Sonja was mixing prescription drugs with booze.  I think Bethenny knows just how far she can take it before it crosses the line.

• Love 3
On 6/24/2016 at 2:18 PM, Castina said:

.   And I'm thinking specifically of the preview of the next episode where she is seen sitting in the car crying about living will etc...  Didn't she take care of all that stuff after her terrifying experience when she was "lost at sea" and not there for Bryn's 6am wake up call?

My theory is that she is crying to (stephanie?) about that because someone, oh about 3 interns ago,  is currently in charge of Brynn and her affairs.

Bethenny doesn't remember who it is. 

On 6/24/2016 at 10:21 PM, sasha206 said:

I wonder if Bethenny appreciates Ramona's telling it like it is, no matter how nasty it comes out because it is very similar to Bethenny's truth cannons.  I mean, Ramona called it on the walk across the Brooklyn Bridge years ago.  "You're a fame whore and you don't have any friends. Who are your friends? You have Jason, right now and you'll probably mess that up, too."

As harsh and awful as that was, she was right.  

If Bethenny had a relationship with her mother like she handles Ramona ("Ramona's Ramona!"- essentially) she'd be better off and so much happier. JMHO. YMMV. Ramona said pretty much what Bethenny's mother said. 

On 6/26/2016 at 10:00 PM, kassa said:

Since the female reproductive health issues and dog wedding have been fully discussed... what was with Jules' Gordon Gartrell blouse?

GORDON GARTRELL!!! YASSS!!!!! Welcome to Amanda's Furniture city! 

I suspect Bethenny had the Mirena IUD, they are the most common. They are the progesterone IUD. When the IUD is removed you can bleed, a LOT for a while. While she may have had other issues, the IUD removal may have made things temporarily WORSE. Exaggeration once again by Bethenny. The health issue could suddenly wait months to fix? Yah. She had the fibroid/endo issue, but an acute IUD removal gush for a few days. Maybe? Probably. Sorry for the TMI. Google "Mirena crash" for what it CAN do to your mood (sometimes-for a few weeks) when it comes out! 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I suspect Bethenny had the Mirena IUD, they are the most common. They are the progesterone IUD. When the IUD is removed you can bleed, a LOT for a while. While she may have had other issues, the IUD removal may have made things temporarily WORSE. Exaggeration once again by Bethenny. The health issue could suddenly wait months to fix? Yah. She had the fibroid/endo issue, but an acute IUD removal gush for a few days. Maybe? Probably. Sorry for the TMI. Google "Mirena crash" for what it CAN do to your mood (sometimes-for a few weeks) when it comes out! 

The thing is Bethenny stands by her statements and then blames Luann for continuing to associate with her for her truth cannon eruption.  She also was given progesterone to control the bleeding.  bethenny has also said the older she gets the more she unleashes her wrath with no regrets and no apologies.  I hope she doesn't use hormones as an excuse for her behavior, because above all, she was a guest at someone's home and decided to instantly go after another guest for no particular reason.  Luann mentioning she is happy is not a good reason to go in for the kill.

I have a 61 year old friend who had an IUD put in last week because her estrogen levels were high and her progesterone was non-existent.  So IUD's aren't just for birth control anymore.  All she could say is 61 and I have an IUD.  She is a breast cancer survivor so I guess too much estrogen is not a good thing.

• Love 2

My theory is that she is crying to (stephanie?) about that because someone, oh about 3 interns ago,  is currently in charge of Brynn and her affairs.

She was on B's radio show last week. So still a good friend. 

Bethenny has also for many years used drug references when referring to others, "Ramona, put down the crack pipe, " "Are you on crystal meth?" and another reference this year.  Last year she insisted Sonja was mixing prescription drugs with booze.  I think Bethenny knows just how far she can take it before it crosses the line.

I think she's projecting. That time she commented that John's pupils were dilated, her own were big AF. And, when she told him to lay out some rails, he said "you first", to which she curiously had no reply. Also, remember her WWHL appearance at the beginning of the season? She was all wired up - literally out of her seat - like she had douched with crack beforehand.

• Love 10
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:25 PM, zoeysmom said:

Apparently, Ramona doesn't watch the show.  If Ramona knew about a gold bracelet Tom gave his ex for Christmas, would not the logical source of the information been from Dorinda?  I find it hard to believe Ramona would actually know Tom's girlfriend and gone out with him.  http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/06/24/ramona-singer-bashes-luann-delesseps-fiance-tom-agostino-says-relationship-built-lies/

Ramona Singer has not taken kindly to Tom denying their “7 or 8 dates” and she recently spoke to Radaronline about LuAnn and Tom’s relationship. “I don’t think relationships should be built on lies,” Ramona accused. “He said him and I went out once or twice. Why? We went out a dozen times! Why be deceitful?”

Grammar, grammar!  It's not "him and I".  And Ramona, you don't get to just about double the number every time you repeat the lie.

Another good point dating back to pre-season 11, “I find it very strange that he would ask me on dates knowing I’m so close to Sonja and that they were lovers,” Ramona wrapped.

Ramona, I find it very strange that you are "so close" with Sonja but didn't know Tom and she were "lovers."

Jeez, do these women never listen to themselves?  If she's not close with LuAnn, why does she care about her relationship?

• Love 11
(edited)

Vis-à-vis the latitude of cast members within one franchise to sue each other: didn't Tamra shut the hell up (and intentionally misconstrue the point of contention) when Alexis threatened legal action during the "Jim Bellino is a drug dealer" campaign because those assertions constituted intentional misrepresentation?

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Vis-à-vis the latitude of cast members within one franchise to sue each other: didn't Tamra shut the hell up (and intentionally misconstrue the point of contention) when Alexis threatened legal action during the "Jim Bellino is a drug dealer" campaign because those assertions constituted intentional misrepresentation?

That whole situation was strange.  Alexis had left the show and Jim Edmonds, second wife had agreed to film, only to cancel at the last minute forcing producers to chase after Alexis.  I think production loves it when someone is fast and loose with their mouths and the other side of the desire for conflict is attorneys fees.  Adrienne Maloof comes to mind.  The whole season revolved around what did Brandi say?  The best attorneys came up with was editing it out and leaving viewers confused.

I do think Tamra was a little looser with her accusations until it dawned on her she may be writing checks to attorneys. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, QuinnM said:

She was on B's radio show last week. So still a good friend. 

Stephanie prob has been and still be a good friend. Thats not what I'm questioning. What I am saying is she's whining to Stephanie that she has to get her affairs in order and who knows which staff member that is. Last time we were privy to Bethennys affairs her ex ex ex ex many assistants back Julie Plake was the one in charge of  Brynn. if she assigns responsibility of Brynn to staff members Bethenny may not remember. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, lunastartron said:

That's right.  And wasn't Brandi being sued (or threatened with lawsuits) when she revealed the kids were born via surrogate?

• Love 1

I can't with Carol anymore. She tells the waitress she's JONESING for a Diet Coke. Hanging around with Bethenny and her 90's jokes and drug references has rubbed off, obviously. I thought Carol was really cool when she first came on. She's like watching the mean girls on Sweet Valley High. If Ramona has any self-awareness at all, she should be cringing at her edit this season. What a douche.

• Love 10
(edited)
51 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

That's right.  And wasn't Brandi being sued (or threatened with lawsuits) when she revealed the kids were born via surrogate?

No, she was mentioned in a C&D letter sent to 1 of Maloof's former attorneys, Brandi was never threatened with a lawsuit by Adrienne or Paul but because of editing we never knew the full truth until the following season. The HW contracts really do protect them from other cast member HWs suing them for slander.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, she was mentioned in a C&D letter sent to 1 of Maloof's former attorneys, Brandi was never threatened with a lawsuit by Adrienne or Paul but because of editing we never knew the full truth until the following season. The HW contracts really do protect them from other cast member HWs suing them for slander.

Maybe they played up the threat of a lawsuit to give her a better storyline.  Didn't Russell Armstrong also threaten to sue as well?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1
Just now, sasha206 said:

Maybe they played up the threat of a lawsuit to give her a better storyline.  Didn't Russell Armstrong also threaten to sue as well?

Well, Brandi played it up for her storyline. LOL I do believe he did threaten to sue Camille but he didn't, it was just an empty threat and Camille knew that. 2 Seasons ago, when Aviva was telling the world that Carole used a GW for her first book, WR, and Carole was calling her a liar on SM, Aviva told her, Carole, to go ahead and sue her "if" it wasn't true and Carole replied that Aviva knew they were prohibited from suing each other over lies they told on the show. It is in all their contracts. Now that doesn't mean they can't threaten to do so on camera for the drama factor but in reality, off camera, they can't. LOL

It is a game of words, "If" I am lying "sue me/take me to court" and the other HW can't do a thing so they look like they are in fact guilty of what ever lie was said. Oh, and the person that was lied about can't say anything about the contracts prohibiting it on camera, that would break the 4th wall and it wouldn't make it past editing either. LOL

• Love 3
(edited)
On June 27, 2016 at 10:31 PM, zoeysmom said:

TV show or not they should not be talking about illegal drug use.  If they are right it is uncool to snitch on someone, if they are wrong it is hard to defend.  If Bravo production is involved bad day for them.  John's drug usage has zero impact on Bethenny's life.  If she does not want to be around it then she should exclude him from parties on her property.   Nobody likes a tattletale.

Yes! This. How is Johns alleged drug use able to air but NOT Bethennys personal life and who she's dating and whatever else she chooses to censor? Censoring your kids from being shown is one thing aok by me but your personal life is pretty basic reality show info IMHO. Remember when Andy gave Ramona a hard time at reunion when she said her divorce was private ? Why is B's personal life private but she can hurl allegations at John and everyone else. Infuriates me. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Yes! This. How is Johns alleged drug use able to air but NOT Bethennys personal life and who she's dating and whatever else she chooses to censor? Censoring your kids from being shown is one thing aok by me but your personal life is pretty basic reality show info IMHO. Remember when Andy gave Ramona a hard time at reunion when she said her divorce was private ? Why is B's personal life private but she can hurl allegations at John and everyone else. Infuriates me. 

Beffeny is Satan's right hand man, she can do no wrong - but as it often happens?  Pets do go wrong and will attack their owners, I hope Andy has good health insurance.

In one way, I can see why Andy played down the Methenny divorce? He didn't want to hear her whine about it.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, sasha206 said:

14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Well, Brandi played it up for her storyline. LOL I do believe he did threaten to sue Camille but he didn't, it was just an empty threat and Camille knew that. 2 Seasons ago, when Aviva was telling the world that Carole used a GW for her first book, WR, and Carole was calling her a liar on SM, Aviva told her, Carole, to go ahead and sue her "if" it wasn't true and Carole replied that Aviva knew they were prohibited from suing each other over lies they told on the show. It is in all their contracts. Now that doesn't mean they can't threaten to do so on camera for the drama factor but in reality, off camera, they can't. LOL

It is a game of words, "If" I am lying "sue me/take me to court" and the other HW can't do a thing so they look like they are in fact guilty of what ever lie was said. Oh, and the person that was lied about can't say anything about the contracts prohibiting it on camera, that would break the 4th wall and it wouldn't make it past editing either. LOL

He sent an e-mail essentially telling Camille he was exploring options. it was also the last time we saw Russell on the show, when he and Taylor were turned away from the White Party.  There are consequences for threatening to sue.   He said he had attorneys looking into suing LVP earlier in the season for allegedly leaking stories about the demise of the Armstrong marriage.

Anyone can pretty much sue anyone.  The contract may act as an affirmative defense, but it does not preclude one RH from suing another RH.  Everyday people sign waivers for participation in sports and when they get hurt they still sue. 

Carole saying it doesn't make it true that no RH can sue another RH.  It is on a case by case basis.  So it is not an off camera reality, it Carole asserting what she was told when she apparently asked about suing Aviva.  If she didn't ask an attorney then she should not be proclaiming her reading of the contract as law. In the case of Aviva and Carole, Aviva was correct.  As Aviva  repeated what she had been told about Carole having ghost writers.  She even named names.  So Carole would not be precluded from suing the person who made the assertion and Aviva would be targeted as the one that caused it to air.  The so-called RH immunity does not apply of they give off camera interviews, write defamatory blog, go on a radio show and make untrue statements.  Currently Vicki is asking for Bravo to take sanctions against Tamra Judge.   What I believe is the bigger barrier to RH v. RH is the fact they risk being fired as they have created an unworkable situation.  Krupa vs. Glanville, the main character and a long time reoccurring character are being forced to testify and participate in the lawsuit.

as far as RHNY, I don't see any of these veterans suing.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

He sent an e-mail essentially telling Camille he was exploring options. it was also the last time we saw Russell on the show, when he and Taylor were turned away from the White Party.  There are consequences for threatening to sue.   He said he had attorneys looking into suing LVP earlier in the season for allegedly leaking stories about the demise of the Armstrong marriage.

Anyone can pretty much sue anyone.  The contract may act as an affirmative defense, but it does not preclude one RH from suing another RH.  Everyday people sign waivers for participation in sports and when they get hurt they still sue. 

Carole saying it doesn't make it true that no RH can sue another RH.  It is on a case by case basis.  So it is not an off camera reality, it Carole asserting what she was told when she apparently asked about suing Aviva.  If she didn't ask an attorney then she should not be proclaiming her reading of the contract as law. In the case of Aviva and Carole, Aviva was correct.  As Aviva  repeated what she had been told about Carole having ghost writers.  She even named names.  So Carole would not be precluded from suing the person who made the assertion and Aviva would be targeted as the one that caused it to air.  The so-called RH immunity does not apply of they give off camera interviews, write defamatory blog, go on a radio show and make untrue statements.  Currently Vicki is asking for Bravo to take sanctions against Tamra Judge.   What I believe is the bigger barrier to RH v. RH is the fact they risk being fired as they have created an unworkable situation.  Krupa vs. Glanville, the main character and a long time reoccurring character are being forced to testify and participate in the lawsuit.

as far as RHNY, I don't see any of these veterans suing.

Alex (NY) said that they couldn't sue each other for lies and Simon (OC)/JTG (NJ) have also exposed that tid bit in the contracts as well. They can threaten to sue all they want if someone lies on camera about them but their arms are tied in really doing anything about it legally. If they were able to sue each other, the HW shows would turn into a legal show instead or no one could say anything without fear of legal repercussion. Joanna and Brandi, although both were HWs, they were not on the same show with each other, which is what left Brandi open to a lawsuit. Brandi though that clause in their contracts protected her against lies she said about other HWs on shows other than her own and it doesn't, which is why Joanna can and is suing her.

As for Russell/Taylor, Camille expressed fear of Russell and I don't think it was because of the lawsuit threat but because of his reported/rumored physical violence, which was why they were turned away.

I think if they get injured during filming because of something another HW did, they can sue. Like if when Aviva threw her leg, had it hit and injuried Heather, she could have sued Aviva for damages. JTG sued the Lauritias and Joe Gorga for injuries he suffered during a fight that was filmed but I don't know if it was settled before he died.

The part I bolded is why that clause is in their contracts to begin with. Bravo/production had to do something to protect themselves and the cast from lawsuits because of the nature of these shows, they are built around drama and that drama is often smoke and mirrors because the 4th wall barrier.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Alex (NY) said that they couldn't sue each other for lies and Simon (OC)/JTG (NJ) have also exposed that tid bit in the contracts as well. They can threaten to sue all they want if someone lies on camera about them but their arms are tied in really doing anything about it legally. If they were able to sue each other, the HW shows would turn into a legal show instead or no one could say anything without fear of legal repercussion. Joanna and Brandi, although both were HWs, they were not on the same show with each other, which is what left Brandi open to a lawsuit. Brandi though that clause in their contracts protected her against lies she said about other HWs on shows other than her own and it doesn't, which is why Joanna can and is suing her.

As for Russell/Taylor, Camille expressed fear of Russell and I don't think it was because of the lawsuit threat but because of his reported/rumored physical violence, which was why they were turned away.

I think if they get injured during filming because of something another HW did, they can sue. Like if when Aviva threw her leg, had it hit and injuried Heather, she could have sued Aviva for damages. JTG sued the Lauritias and Joe Gorga for injuries he suffered during a fight that was filmed but I don't know if it was settled before he died.

The part I bolded is why that clause is in their contracts to begin with. Bravo/production had to do something to protect themselves and the cast from lawsuits because of the nature of these shows, they are built around drama and that drama is often smoke and mirrors because the 4th wall barrier.

Again I appreciate the RH claiming they can't sue one another but it just isn't true.  I don't care if Alex says it  or Felix the Cat.  It comes down to the statement and the Court deciding if they are precluded and have signed away rights and for each cause of action if the plaintiff has sustained what is claimed.  Bravo placated by editing the offensive comments about Adrienne Maloof's surrogacy because they did not want to be sued.  Best example, say Bethenny decides to dress Ramona down and during the dressing down, she says, "Ramona was caught on her knees pleasuring her 15 year old nephew."  (Well Bethenny would probably say, giving her nephew a blow job.)  Ramona files suit and alleges it did not happen, and she doesn't even have a nephew, 15 years old or otherwise.  Ramona  by virtue of the contract with Bravo cannot be precluded from suing Bethenny as she has no such contract with Bethenny.  The contract is designed to prevent the RH from suing over editing and plot devices and their perceptions.  Bethenny making such a claim would be an example of intentional misrepresentation.  It would not matter if Ramona's door man told Bethenny the story.  Bravo because of their contracts with the RH can air knowingly false information and edit accordingly.  It is not just about an untruth being told, it is about if the party was damaged.  That is why name calling is okay on this show.  We never heard Luann call Carole a pedophile, (and Carole decided to bring that up herself), Bethenny can call Luann a man stealer, slut, whore, plastic fuck doll but get specific and too far afield of the truth and there are legal consequences. This conversation arose out of Bethenny making illegal drug references towards John.  Personally, I don't think it rises to the legal standard of legal misrepresentation if John has previously used or admitted to be under the influence while filming.  The reality it has more to do, as you say without each dispute ending up in court and the women having a vested interest in staying employed.

The best example of being able to sue due to injury at the hands of another, Tamra Judge flipping the vehicle while filming.  Vicki can sue the owner of the vehicle, the owner of the property, Evolution, Bravo, and Tamra.  Bravo cannot enter into a contract indemnifying them from that particular tort.

• Love 2