Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Hawaiian Vacation Erupts

• Start Topic

So bathing suits are ok but you have to cram yourself into sausage casings the rest of the time? I mean I'm thrilled that the Kodster was always wearing a shirt but still.

• Love 5

They wore bathing suits when they were on that vacay with the Dargers. If memory serves. And of course that awe inspiring cleavage shot of Meri being lowered into that cave or whatever it was...ha! 

Just LMK how many plots they steal from the Brady Bunch Hawaiian Trip episodes circa 1971. Tiki curse? Surfing accident? 

• Love 11

So Meri, your paintings were cool, its really cool, everyone thinks its cool, and I really think it was cool and neat.

Liked seeing everyone more "normal" - bathing suits, shorts, tank tops, PORK!!

These kids are going to escape the Cult-de-sac as fast as possible!

• Love 9

When did Kody decide the family was going to observe Kosher rules? Was it five minutes after a luau was offered without him being consulted?

Ok, snark over. Caleb and Maddie were so sweet together when he was explaining why his dad wasn't performing the ceremony. 

And I love Christine. She's just so flummoxed over the idea her daughter wants to marry. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Poor Mykelti.  She seemed so disappointed when Christine didn't react the way she thought she would.  I hope she realized that there is a huge difference between Caleb and Tony.  Given that her uncle was married to Caleb's sister, they've known the family for years.  On the other hand, they don't really know Tony.  She needs to give her Mother time to get use to the idea.

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Poor Mykelti.  She seemed so disappointed when Christine didn't react the way she thought she would.  I hope she realized that there is a huge difference between Caleb and Tony.  Given that her uncle was married to Caleb's sister, they've known the family for years.  On the other hand, they don't really know Tony.  She needs to give her mother time to get use to the idea.

I actually thought Christine handled the conversation well.  She didn't over-react but seemed to act - may I say - Motherly.   She genuinely listened to her daughter. 

• Love 21

I swear I can see the older kids roll their eyes during his little "I am the General" speech.

I wish I can see what they have eaten in the past. No bacon? No sausage? No ham?  I can't believe that. 

Boy those older Brown kids are ready to get out of dodge like yesterday.

• Love 13

Pork is an Old Testament prohibition that several sects adhere to, but the Mormons aren't one of them. From the Mormons I've known and the checking I did, their prohibitions are alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco but not pork or other foods.

• Love 3

I would swear I remember bacon, sausage and ham being present before. Plus no one acted like it was that strange a food to be served. I think Logan almost called him on it. Someone go change K'Douche's diaper and put him down for a nap.

While I grew up on the water and know how to filet fish, Caleb shoving a knife in the fish's eye was unnecessary. Also, if they bought it at the fishmonger, it would have made more sense to buy filets rather than have to deal with the carcass. Not to mention, some of the kids are too small to be watching Dory get dispatched for dinner.

• Love 14

Mormons do not drink tea, coffee, soda and alcohol.  When I was a teenager, I had a huge crush on Donny Osmond, so I made a point to learn about the Mormon faith. 

Meri and Kody seemed so awkward sitting together.  It appears as though the only time they see each other is when they are on the "sister wives couch".   It's going to take time and hard work for them just to get half way back to where they were.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, MegD said:

I would swear I remember bacon, sausage and ham being present before. Plus no one acted like it was that strange a food to be served. I think Logan almost called him on it. Someone go change K'Douche's diaper and put him down for a nap

exactly. If they have said it before and/or made point prior to this episode but again the Browns especially Koduche.  We have seen the Brown adults drink beer and/or wine before and probably coffee as well. Next week they will be saying they cannot wear mix blends because according to the bible.....

• Love 1
(edited)

Mainstream LDS don't imbibe in alcohol, caffeine, tobacco, drugs, basically anything that can be addictive and destructive.

I've known a few who take it as far as even no chocolate (very little caffeine) or decaf coffee (some trace amounts of caffeine are still there), and a few who do drink coffee or tea. 

Now fundamentalists - who knows. We have indeed seen them drink wine and beer. The Brady family definitely drinks wine. Who knows what these offshoots of offshoots decide to do. 

Remember the beer flight tasting and Christine was almost giddy to try something so daring to them, but Robyn was a nervous wreck. Not sure if that was her conscience and religious beliefs, or if she was scared of being seen and losing custody. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I know most people don't closely follow every single rule of their religion, but Kody made it clear that religion is there guide in life and their whole life is wrapped around it. Except for when it isn't.

The only thing that guides them is Kody's whims. He just thinks he's a god so he considers his whims a religion.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mamapajama said:

"I am the General!  You have to do what I say because I am the President!"  "You can grumble behind my back, but you can't say anything to me!"

What kind of father says that, and worse, BELIEVES it?  It is no wonder that the children have no respect for him. He is a cartoon.

What gets me is that stupid display seemed to be over him parking cars! PARKING CARS! If he doesn't feel he is getting the attention and homage he deserves he has to pound his chest like some gorilla in the jungle. He was a complete pissy little bitch over the luau. Everyone can piss off because they didn't ask him? Bitch please! So his hosts needed his permission to throw a luau? Or is it that the wives accepted the generous invitation without consulting him 1st? Why is it that the 4 week old baby with a loaded diaper acted better than him this trip?

Kody was just off all episode. WTF was with his mini rant in the parking lot about Hawaii being so small and full of people who drive crazy and fast? His non-reaction to be asked to officiant his own daughter's wedding was weird. He didn't seem to enjoy the trip all that much to me and wouldn't be surprised if he was the one to pitch it to TLC.  He must be grumpy because he is cut off from the Robyn loving. 

That Hawaiian vacation was money poorly spent by TLC. All that expense for one hour of tv that wasn't any more entertaining than the usual Brown drivel. 

• Love 16

We're just watching it here in AZ, and saw the preview.  I have a question.

Does anyone know the verse in the Bible that describes Jesus as flipping the bird?  The Bible says to love your enemies.  Didn't see a lot of love coming from  Mr. Won't Eat Pork and is Pissed Off Because No One Asked Him.

Hey Kody, check out 1 Corinthians 13:11.

• Love 14

Mykelti seems to me to be a bit lost and trying really, really hard to convince herself she's found happiness. What happened to her dreams of being a fashion designer? Yeah, she didn't seem all that good but she was young and had no formal training. Even if she wasn't cut out to be a designer, it would seem she could have taken up a major in college in retail merchandising or something related that would be interesting to her.

Now she's working in a pawn shop and has convinced herself she's just oh so happy. Her description of her soon-to-be fiance seemed a bit immature to me. She said something to the effect of "He's so cool". And she said he makes her feel calm, which seems to me something that she has heard other people say so she's just going with that.

I don't think Maddie is that much older than Mykelti, but I have been impressed by how mature both she and Caleb seem. 

• Love 11
(edited)

Letting/allowing your family to "have free will" doesn't work like that Robyn. It isn't free will if you have to give permission!

Also, as a near converter to Judaism, stop randomly appropriating other people's cultures! This is absolutely ridiculous. I came to the conclusion that Kody is tired of not being listened to - see his tantrum at the top of the episode, where he has to exert his authority all over the kids and wives a la Cartman from South Park. He is deeply unhappy about losing his place in the family - due to the kids not following plyg rules, Meri straying, Robyn bulldozing him, and his entire life/lie in Vegas falling apart completely around his ears. I think his temper tantrum was an "if Mama/Kody ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" moment and it blew up in his face royally.

He seems incredibly angry and lashes out ALL.THE.TIME. He can't even have a civil conversation. And, as my husband so astutely pointed out, he has really let himself go since his earlier years. Maybe he's depressed or maybe he's simply reverting to how he actually is and it isn't hidden any longer. 

Edited by IvyDancer
  • Love 14

I'm a little disturbed at how happy Caleb seems to be about following Kody around.  He's like a yes-man.  I suspect if Maddie wasn't so anti-polygamy, Caleb could possibly be talked into it.  I have a feeling Maddie will be the leader in that relationship, but Caleb seems good-natured enough not to mind.  And I'm certainly not suggesting patriarchy is a good thing, but since Maddie was raised within a patriarchal religion, it would have been easy for her to slip into the submissive wife.  Go Maddie!  No go back to school, girl, and hold off on kids until you graduate.

3 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Mykelti getting engaged. I hope the Brown girls aren't going to latch onto the first guy they have sex with to get away from Kodouche.

I know LDS and AUB are different, but I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of the girls (and maybe boys) decide not to engage in pre-marital sex.  Every Mormon girl I've met has been an "everything but" type, and completely vigilant about no intercourse before marriage.  Which is possibly why most of them married young.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Kody was acting pissy the whole time; I wonder what was really going on. Going to Hawaii generally means going to a Luau. I am a vegetarian and still managed to go to one and have fun on my honeymoon in Hawaii. Kody really acts like a teenager. He gets really mad when a group of 25 people in the middle of getting or eating dinner, don't stop what they are doing when the "King" enters the room.

It's obvious Kody picks and chooses what he believes in on any given day. Especially since the wives said he doesn't really care if the other family members feel the same way. So they dress modest except when they choose not to, they can't kiss before marriage, except for when they do, and now they can't eat Pork except if they want to. I know most people don't closely follow every single rule of their religion, but Kody made it clear that religion is there guide in life and their whole life is wrapped around it. Except for when it isn't.

Yes, I think he does this to exert some kind of power/head trip on the others.  Then when they don't follow suit he gets all sulky because he's not being idolized.  He just wants attention.  He's like a 6 year old, really.  Plus he's like the head of his own private religion in his mind.   He picks and chooses things from the bible to observe like it's a smorgasbord for him to peruse.  Meanwhile he does no justice to the observances because he's really not invested in any of them past how "neat" or "cool" they seem to someone who just fell off a turnip truck.  It's like he's trying them on for the novelty of it and to look like he's really far more faithful and religious than he really is.

• Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, absolutelyido said:

Mykelti seems to me to be a bit lost and trying really, really hard to convince herself she's found happiness. What happened to her dreams of being a fashion designer? Yeah, she didn't seem all that good but she was young and had no formal training. Even if she wasn't cut out to be a designer, it would seem she could have taken up a major in college in retail merchandising or something related that would be interesting to her.

Now she's working in a pawn shop and has convinced herself she's just oh so happy. Her description of her soon-to-be fiance seemed a bit immature to me. She said something to the effect of "He's so cool". And she said he makes her feel calm, which seems to me something that she has heard other people say so she's just going with that.

I don't think Maddie is that much older than Mykelti, but I have been impressed by how mature both she and Caleb seem. 

Everything about Mykelti seemed immature to me, especially how she thought she could get the same or a better response out of her mother as her big sister.  It's like she wants to be like Maddie so bad she is copying her right down to suddenly finding the love of her life and wanting to get married.   To me the interesting timing of this announcement gave that away.  And she is clueless about why her mother isn't as on board with it as she was with Maddie.  First of all, Maddie chose a guy the family knew to some extent.  Plus she is a few years older than Mykelti, which in that age bracket is HUGE.  The family has never even met this guy - It just seemed like a pathetic attempt to show her mother how "grown up" she is now, like her mother was going to be thrilled by that.  I also think she wants to steal away some of Maddie's thunder and put some of the focus on her.  Meanwhile Christine knows it's a bad idea, she just didn't want to create a scene on TV.  Speaking of manipulative, I think Mykelti was being manipulative in breaking this news to her mother while the cameras were rolling.  Way to put her on the spot.  Her cluelessness is reason alone to say she's not ready for marriage.  And the guy looks immature too.  They didn't say what he does for a living.  He looks like a pizza delivery boy.  Seriously.  I got married when I was 21 going on 22 and today people consider that young, but when I got married young people were different and that was common, plus by the time I got married I knew him for over 2 years already.  Even when I was young a teenage marriage would be a train wreck waiting to happen.  I could see that concern written all over Christine's face.  I hope her and the Ko-douche are able to exert some influence over Mykelti and are able to convince her to wait a good couple of years before rushing to get married.

Edited by Snarklepuss
needed to clarify something.
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Robyn keeps saying he wants to keep kosher but she is highly ignorant to what kosher means. I'm pretty sure Kody has eaten a cheeseburger. And does he eat shellfish? Also, does he have two separate refrigerators and two different sets of dishes to separate meat from dairy? I wouldn't even say he keeps kosher style, much less full on kosher. Passing on pork just means you don't eat pork. I don't eat pigs either. But don't claim he keeps kosher, Robyn. That's a whole different thing entirely. Read a book. 

Plus 'kosher' is a Jewish term. It is specifically a term related to following Jewish law. No matter what their supposed dietary restrictions, it's not 'keeping Kosher' when you aren't Jewish. 

• Love 14

Holy cats!  Kody is the most petulant little pissant I've ever seen!

I don't care if Robyn is evil or Mariah is entitled or Aurora is Overly Attached Girlfriend, none of them deserve this asshat.  From his bizarrely aggressive speech in the cafe to his toddler meltdown about the pork at the luau (while playing with Legos no less) and all of his snippiness and rude little interludes, this man is the Absolute Worst.  I mean, he can't be real can he?

• Love 15
(edited)
13 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Plus 'kosher' is a Jewish term. It is specifically a term related to following Jewish law. No matter what their supposed dietary restrictions, it's not 'keeping Kosher' when you aren't Jewish. 

It's so stupid....If he really wants to be like Jesus why doesn't he just read "The Imitation of Christ" by Thomas a Kempis?  Oh - I forgot, it would be way too spiritual and deep and over his head.

WTF does he think he's going to prove by "keeping kosher" anyway?  He has no freaking clue what kosher is and even if he kept it, it wouldn't be all that relevant to understanding Christ from a Christian perspective anyway.  If he wants to imitate Christ there are far more relevant ways for a Christian to do that, IMHO.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

The Browns eschew pork? Why is this the first time we've heard this?

Trying to recall - haven't they made bacon or sausage at their brunches?  No matter - not eating pork does not make them kosher - there is a lot more involved in keeping kosher.  Not like any of them has anything that resembles a kosher kitchen.  I really get crazy when these wacky groups create their own "religion" and then co-opt mainstream religious practices in an effort to validate their "Church of What's Happening Now."

Enough with Meri's Wine (or whine) and Paint pictures already.  While cute and a nice thought, any 12 year old could paint them with that kind of teacher.  

I thought the eyebrow deal was a bit mean, and a rather strange thing for Meri and Janelle to bond over.  Though, Mariah's original comment on Meri's brows was totally mean, and she really should have been called out on it.

Meri surfing over Mariah - a normal, sane person would have just bailed before the collision occurred.  A little aggression showing there, perhaps?

Lastly, holy $hit - doesn't Christine believe in sun screen?  Hope they have a great family dermatologist!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

It's obvious Kody picks and chooses what he believes in on any given day. Especially since the wives said he doesn't really care if the other family members feel the same way. So they dress modest except when they choose not to, they can't kiss before marriage, except for when they do, and now they can't eat Pork except if they want to. I know most people don't closely follow every single rule of their religion, but Kody made it clear that religion is there guide in life and their whole life is wrapped around it. Except for when it isn't.

This is exactly right, and I think you nailed it as to why I dislike this family (and esp. Kadouche, the "leader") so much - they really have no moral center, and don't seem to live with any principles or convictions.  Being a polygamous family is just a gimmick for the tv show, and a religious tool that Kody uses to marry multiple wives to feed his narcissism.  The show is boring because it's really just about four pretty ordinary women (who are usually miserable) - all single mothers raising kids, along with a roving dad.  That's why we get so many riveting scenes like the laughfest involving fake, bushy eyebrows (yawn), or two mothers making centerpieces together (double yawn).  I think a show about a family living a very real and strict polygamous lifestyle would be far more interesting.  What is it really like behind the curtain?  What would really happen if a wife had an affair?  How do the wives really feel about incoming wives, and how do they handle it?  How does the leader, er, husband split his time, and how do the wives and kids really feel about that?  Are they guided by religious doctrine, and if so, what is it?  That, to me, would be an interesting show, because at least the family stands for something.  

• Love 12

Don't worry Meri, if I had to run over one of the children with a surfboard, I'd pick Mariah, too.

I sure hope Logan gave his girlfriend a heads up on the women of his family wearing modest bathing suits.  There's nothing wrong with her bikini, obviously, but she may have felt a little self-conscious if not fore-warned.

I'm sure I'm the only one, but I think I could watch an entire episode of Meri and Janelle working on their relationship.  I think it's genuine, and I'm unnaturally invested in the outcome.  I was laughing right along with them, and they actually got sourpuss Mariah to crack a smile.

And following some rules of Judaism because you want to be closer to Christ seems so counterintuitive since Judaism teaches Jesus is not the son of God.  And had he lived, I don't think Jesus would have continued to practice Judaism, for the same reason.  Out of all the things that can be done to honor Christ and feel closer to him, this is certainly one of the lamest.

• Love 20

Kody pretty well acted like a horses's ass that whole vacation, even making a big todo about where to put the beach umbrellas, he's always got to be right, his speeches are embarrassing and the nerve of that hotel to throw a Luau for the family and not even consult King Tut about it.

I thought the kids looked like they enjoyed themselves in spite of their father's temper tantrums.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, RealityCowgirl said:

This may have been part of a random nightmare I had and not the show, but didn't they also once tack on "...and Hanukkah" to one of their over-done parties? For no real reason?

That was the year that Kody for whatever reason nixed their annual celebration of Joseph Smith's birthday. Christine decided to celebrate Chaunuka instead. I remember this because it marks one of the few times a green vegetable (artichokes) appeared on the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Man, these people sure know how to turn a vacation into a nightmare. I get that there's a big group of them, but does every damn thing have to be so dramatic. My sister and her husband are actually vacationing in Hawaii right now, and I texted her last night that she should be glad they didn't go back during Spring Break. They might have run into the giant cluster-fuck that is the Browns and had their entire trip spoiled. 

The best part is when Kody starts issuing commands and calling himself "The General" and no one gives a flying fuck. Here's the thing, Kody, I really don't believe that your kids should just do whatever you say, no matter how stupid it is. You shouldn't disrespect your parents, but children need to learn to think for themselves. Maybe if you weren't such an egomaniacal asshole, you could listen to one of your wives or children and realize THEY have good ideas once in awhile too. If you led a life where you respected those around you, your kids would respect and listen to you. Just a thought. 

How about when Kody and Meri had their little chat on the lanai? That was like an awkward first date, complete with stilted laughter. Yikes. 

I thought Jenelle and Meri bonding over the eyebrow thing was a great idea, and a delicious way to poke fun at Mariah. That actually had me laughing pretty hard. I was glad Jenelle wouldn't let Meri off the hook, trying to just do it halfway. She was a good sport and went all out, and insisted that Meri did too. And, of course, KoDouche repsonds to the whole thing by telling them it doesn't matter what they look like because he doesn't have to claim them. He loves to crow to everyone that he has FOUR wives, but if one of them embarrasses him, it's so convenient to just cozy up to one of the other wives. Nice. 

The worst was his total tantrum about the luau. What the fuck is wrong with that dude? First, let me say, I am a Christian who followed the food laws for many years. So I respect others who make that choice. But it's not the same as Jews keeping Kosher. We believe in Jesus Christ, so we believe that when he was born, died, and resurrected, that nullified all those old school ordinances and rituals, etc. that were symbolic of Him and His relationship with us. Now, you can still choose to follow the old laws and keep the old feast days, etc. But it is not essential to your salvation - Jesus is. It's more of a personal choice. I looked at it as, why would God make these laws in the first place? For our health. So I chose to follow them. As with everything Kody does, it appears to be another thing to single him out and make people pay attention to him. Because pork is widely served, and he's going to have to make a big deal any time he goes somewhere and pork is on the menu. I no longer follow the food laws, but when I did and someone served pork, it was no big deal. I would either eat other stuff, or maybe take a bit to avoid hurting someone's feelings. It would depend on the situation, who was serving it, how big or small the gathering was, what else there was to eat, etc. I mean, does Kody think Jesus would want him to insult his hosts? 

He was just acting like such an ass!!! "No on asked my permission". Oh for fuck's sake, get over yourself. You're in HAWAII. Don't you want to learn about and embrace the local culture??? Or do you want to find the nearest McDonalds? I'm glad he kept his little fit to a few number of people and didn't act a food in front of their hosts, but man.....I was impressed with Logan. He handled his dad in a very mature behavior. I seriously am baffled by how well most of these kids have turned out. Maybe it's BETTER that Kody isn't as involved as normal fathers. 

I really don't know what to say about Mykelti and her beau wanting to get married so soon. I get that sometimes it happens very quickly, but she seems really impulsive to me. I guess time will tell. I wonder how Kody is going to react. 

• Love 10
(edited)
7 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Robyn keeps saying he wants to keep kosher but she is highly ignorant to what kosher means. I'm pretty sure Kody has eaten a cheeseburger. And does he eat shellfish? Also, does he have two separate refrigerators and two different sets of dishes to separate meat from dairy? I wouldn't even say he keeps kosher style, much less full on kosher. Passing on pork just means you don't eat pork. I don't eat pigs either. But don't claim he keeps kosher, Robyn. That's a whole different thing entirely. Read a book. 

Robyn Brown, Queen of using words to fit her personal narrative, and not caring a lick what those words actually mean in real life (see also: panic attack, colic).

For a family that supposedly doesn't eat pork, the kids sure didn't seem fazed by it...you'd think we would've seen one or more of the kids struggling with whether or not to take some of the pig from the roast.  Instead, we are treated to a toddler-sized tantrum from a grown man playing with Legos and telling his entire family to piss off.  Logan handled Kody like a pro, and I agree with what some posters have already said - the older kids , one by one, are starting to see through Kody and his "rules."  You cannot claim to be the head of the family unless you act as such.  Kody may have been able to pull the wool over the eyes of his kids when they were little and and all clamoring for his attention, but now they have their own lives and interests apart from him, and he doesn't like it at all.  Behind the petulant baby lies a man who won't be happy unless he is the center of everyone's universe.  Be careful, wives.  I have a feeling he's not going to be very pleasant to live with in the upcoming years.

7 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

This is exactly right, and I think you nailed it as to why I dislike this family (and esp. Kadouche, the "leader") so much - they really have no moral center, and don't seem to live with any principles or convictions.  Being a polygamous family is just a gimmick for the tv show, and a religious tool that Kody uses to marry multiple wives to feed his narcissism.  

1000% this.  Kody's former classmates have said on the show that they suspected he was gay.  Kody figures out a way to dispel those rumors, and reap the attention he so desperately craves.  "Look at me!  Look at what a stud I am!  Four women, yo!  FOUR.  Hahaha, whatcha think of me now?"

Asshat.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 23
11 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

Ok, snark over. Caleb and Maddie were so sweet together when he was explaining why his dad wasn't performing the ceremony. 

Oh, that just broke my heart. I like Caleb. I like that he was close to his mother, and was able to express some emotion. He seems like a solid dude.

8 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I believe Maddie is 21 and Mykelti is 20. But yes, they seem worlds apart. They're just different. I think Madison found a good match and seems to have approached it in a very mature way. Mykelti has just always struck me as flighty, and doing certain things to rebel. It's not just that they've only been dating 5 months, they've only KNOWN each other 5 months. I just don't think she even knows who she is yet, so it's not necessarily a wise idea to get married at this point.

7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm a little disturbed at how happy Caleb seems to be about following Kody around.  He's like a yes-man.  I suspect if Maddie wasn't so anti-polygamy, Caleb could possibly be talked into it

I really don't see it that way. I've seen looks on Caleb's face that makes be believe he thinks Kody is crazy. But he knows that Kody has a mancrush on him, and that allowing them to seem like "bros" will diffuse the dude, keep him simmered down a bit. So he just lets Kody have it his way. I do see him as pretty easy going, which is probably a good match with Maddie who seems more assertive. 

• Love 15
(edited)
59 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

He was just acting like such an ass!!! "No on asked my permission". Oh for fuck's sake, get over yourself. You're in HAWAII. Don't you want to learn about and embrace the local culture??? Or do you want to find the nearest McDonalds? I'm glad he kept his little fit to a few number of people and didn't act a food in front of their hosts, but man.....I was impressed with Logan. He handled his dad in a very mature behavior. I seriously am baffled by how well most of these kids have turned out. Maybe it's BETTER that Kody isn't as involved as normal fathers. 

Anyone catch the look on Logan's face when Kody was standing up proclaming that he was King of the World (in a public restaurant, no less)?  Logan had a weary smile that seemed to say that they all just had to let Kody say his piece, not interrupt him, and once he was finished pontificating, Kody would sit down and shut up and the family could go on having fun.  Kody is absolutely pathetic in his narcissism.

TLC - if you need to sweep the dusty, cobwebbed corners of the cutting room floor for captivating footage of Kody parking a car, you might need to think about cancelling this train wreck.

Say, where was Janelle during the beach scenes?  I saw everyone but her...did she not go, or did she somehow refuse to be filmed?

LOL for Christine calling "The Coffee Shack" a "bistro" because they don't drink coffee...WTF was she even talking about?  And I'm pretty sure I saw one of the kids eating what looked to be ham and eggs.  HAM, Kody.  HAM!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14