Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: Hawaiian Vacation Erupts

• Start Topic

I would love to know if he has ever tried to convince the kids to stick with polygamy Kody-style and whatever his other so-called tenets may be, since allegedly this is the only way to Heaven. He seems fairly blasé about his kids hurtling toward eternal damnation by breaking away. So do the moms. What mental gymnastics the parents must employ. 

If a polygamous man has over 3 wives he gets his own planet right? So if non of Kody's offspring either marry 3 or more women or marry a man who has 3 or more wives then they all get to hang around on Kody's parent planet for eternity, correct? Maybe he doesn't care because it means he'll been Big Celestial Cheese for Eternity (and it will definitely feel like eternity for everyone else). That or the more obvious answer that he likes the terrestrial harem more than the highest levels of heaven for his kids (sons). Or it might be that they simply don't want to discuss any religion on the show (beyond Kody cherry picking the OT rules that is) and they have been wringing their hands in private. The one of the reasons that Mariah originally got to go to Westminster is that the AUB were near by and she and the parents were considering SWing her at the time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

personally I don't think Kody really believes in the planet stuff. 

He's just into the attention. It's clear that no one in this family - at least the adults - think about the future much...

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I wonder if when the trip was proposed he thought TLC would be sending them to some fancy 5 star resort and it would be super 1st class. But either TLC wouldn't pay for that much or wouldn't pay at all so they had to fork over for it and he was pouting.

It hadn't occurred to me that Kody might have been peeved about the less than stellar accommodations. But it makes total sense.  He probably thought he was going to get a fancy, all-expenses paid trip to Hawaii and then he got dropped off at a place that should be featured on Hotel Impossible and a bus pass to go use the community beach. LOL!  And you know it was not just that it was not a nice place to stay - he had to stay there on TV, which was a little embarrassing.   He wants to front like he was paying for the trip but they made it look like THAT was the best he could do, haha. He must resent TLC like hell for sticking them in that place.  

1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don't understand going out for breakfast in the first place. We are only a pathetic monogamous family, but if we are on vacation and have access to a kitchen, we make breakfast in our hotel. It's much easier to go out to dinner than breakfast. And with that many people going to a coffee shop just seems stupid.

I don't understand that, either.  Organizing that many people that early in the morning is a giant task.  Everyone has to get up, get ready, kids have to be made ready, you end up waiting on other people so you can leave together ... then everyone has to place their order and the restaurant kitchen gets hit with 20 breakfast orders at once.  It seems like it will result in a lot of people waiting for their food, being served cold food, and waiting on the people who got served last to finish.  It's just so complicated.  And expensive.  Isn't the markup on breakfast big compared to dinner?  Potatoes and pancakes are awfully cheap but you pay so much for them.  Eat that stuff at home and spend money on dinner out, which you can enjoy at leisure.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don't understand going out for breakfast in the first place. We are only a pathetic monogamous family, but if we are on vacation and have access to a kitchen, we make breakfast in our hotel. It's much easier to go out to dinner than breakfast. And with that many people going to a coffee shop just seems stupid.

Breakfast was comped is my guess.

I've been to that Coffee Shack place, and Kody's complaints are even more ridiculous about the parking if you know the situation. He is lucky he found enough places to park to begin with, without the extra stress of him fussing about backing in all the cars. The place is right on a busy highway that is basically built on the side of a volcano. No room for parking lots. There are some bump outs on either side of the highway for cars, and the restaurant itself is perched precariously on the edge of a steep dropoff. There is only room for a few cars out front, but the back is a sheer dropoff. It makes for a spectacular view out those windows, but not much room for cars. Unless they called ahead and made plans to clear the place out for the Brown Clowns, I am surprised they were able to all squeeze in there at all.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't understand that, either.  Organizing that many people that early in the morning is a giant task.  Everyone has to get up, get ready, kids have to be made ready, you end up waiting on other people so you can leave together ... then everyone has to place their order and the restaurant kitchen gets hit with 20 breakfast orders at once.  It seems like it will result in a lot of people waiting for their food, being served cold food, and waiting on the people who got served last to finish.  It's just so complicated.  And expensive.  Isn't the markup on breakfast big compared to dinner?  Potatoes and pancakes are awfully cheap but you pay so much for them.  Eat that stuff at home and spend money on dinner out, which you can enjoy at leisure.  

Breakfast is definitely more expensive for what you get than dinner. Not to mention, all the delays getting to breakfast really cuts into the day. Dinner comes after the day of vacationing when you want to relax. Of course when you are feeding 25 people I think you need to expect to make nearly all of your meals at home. It's just absurd to go out to meals with that quantity of people. Of course maybe Kody assumed he'd get to go out to fancy places with the wife of his choice while everyone else stayed back at the retreat and cooked their own food. 

I think Kody is being inundated from every side with the message that he isn't going to continue to live a life of being worshipped and gifted at every turn. His kids are disgusted with him. His wives are sick of him. TLC is hoping he'll fall in a volcano. He's created a family (of sorts) with 4 wives an a gaggle of kids. He is now having to live with those choices. That includes cooking your own meals and if you are fortunate enough to go to Hawaii, you stay in a hostel, not a 5 star resort. 

• Love 8
(edited)
16 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Breakfast is definitely more expensive for what you get than dinner. Not to mention, all the delays getting to breakfast really cuts into the day. Dinner comes after the day of vacationing when you want to relax. Of course when you are feeding 25 people I think you need to expect to make nearly all of your meals at home. It's just absurd to go out to meals with that quantity of people. Of course maybe Kody assumed he'd get to go out to fancy places with the wife of his choice while everyone else stayed back at the retreat and cooked their own food. 

I think Kody is being inundated from every side with the message that he isn't going to continue to live a life of being worshipped and gifted at every turn. His kids are disgusted with him. His wives are sick of him. TLC is hoping he'll fall in a volcano. He's created a family (of sorts) with 4 wives an a gaggle of kids. He is now having to live with those choices. That includes cooking your own meals and if you are fortunate enough to go to Hawaii, you stay in a hostel, not a 5 star resort. 

Well, how would they have been able to rhapsodize about coffee if they had stayed home? That was the prelude to the pork manifesto, I believe. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, toodles said:

Breakfast was comped is my guess.

Yep. They said the name of the establishment a few times. It follows their standard episode format: "Today we are going to visit our friends at BUSINESS NAME to do FREE SHIT."

I wouldn't be surprised if more money was budgeted for the trip but Kody pocketed what was saved by staying in that dumpy "corporate retreat" property.  The money will be used for Robyn's new tits and not their debts.  

• Love 9

I wanted to shake Mykelti at the end of the episode. Dating longer before marriage isn't about hitting arbitrary mile marks. It's so you know, really know, who you're planning to spend the rest of your life with. Being able to see them at the worst, knowing what their worst looks like, and testing your compatibility.

Yes, there have been marriages that have been built on similar dating time and have lasted but I think they are by far the exception, not the rule. I can't help but think she's rushing into this so she won't have to wake up to reality.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, theironwoman said:

I wanted to shake Mykelti at the end of the episode. Dating longer before marriage isn't about hitting arbitrary mile marks. It's so you know, really know, who you're planning to spend the rest of your life with. Being able to see them at the worst, knowing what their worst looks like, and testing your compatibility.

Yes, there have been marriages that have been built on similar dating time and have lasted but I think they are by far the exception, not the rule. I can't help but think she's rushing into this so she won't have to wake up to reality.

We dated 5 months and have been married 13 years and I still wanted to slap her. She just wants attention. She wants what Madison has. She literally said she wanted her mom to jump for joy for her like she did for Madison. It's jealousy. I feel bad for her, but Christine was spot on. There seems to be a huge difference in Madison and her. The family knew what's his face first. This new guy seems to have come out of left field. So, I think it's less about reality and more about "They were so happy for her I want them to be happy for me before I'm the 12th kid to be married and it's not exciting anymore." 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Did I hear Kody mention that their rental was some sort of corporate facility or retreat?

I wonder if their pyramid scheme business was involved with them getting that place as a vacay spot and TLC tagged along and paid for the surf trip and brecky. Maybe that is why the place was such a dump. LIV can't afford much else.

Didn't Christine date Kody for just a few months before they married? And wasn't she pretty young too? Maybe she is just looking at Mykelti and seeing herself....

Well, we know there was more to the Hawaii trip because Meri escaped for a while with her best bud the Celine Dion impersonator. Wonder if anyone else was able to escape the compound too.

• Useful 1
15 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I wonder if their pyramid scheme business was involved with them getting that place as a vacay spot and TLC tagged along and paid for the surf trip and brecky. Maybe that is why the place was such a dump. LIV can't afford much else.

Didn't Christine date Kody for just a few months before they married? And wasn't she pretty young too? Maybe she is just looking at Mykelti and seeing herself....

Well, we know there was more to the Hawaii trip because Meri escaped for a while with her best bud the Celine Dion impersonator. Wonder if anyone else was able to escape the compound too.

I don't think the Browns have much to do with LIV these days, especially after the catfishing debacle since that's how JO got access to their homes. I very much doubt there have been any "events" held at the cul de sac since September of 2015. 

My thought is that TLC and/or the production company intentionally selected the shittiest, cheapest place they could find, and Kody had nothing to do with it. In fact, in order to get the buttmunch-slash-asshat reactions they wanted, I'd wager they kept the family in the dark until they arrived. Because if there is one thing the Browns most certainly are NOT - it's actors. 

I also think that the Browns were probably only at that motel/hostel/whatevs for filming purposes for maybe a couple or three nights then spent the rest of the time in a pleasanter spot, on their own dime. Meri did tweet photos of her with her gal pal at Pearl Harbor, I'm guessing she stayed with her friend after the filming.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Absolom said:

I thought I heard her say a few episodes back that college was very hard and she needed to mature before she tried it again. That doesn't sound like someone who was driven to be taking a lot of college classes as a junior in high school.

Wait, she's not mature enough to to handle college but she's getting married? 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Yep. They said the name of the establishment a few times. It follows their standard episode format: "Today we are going to visit our friends at BUSINESS NAME to do FREE SHIT."

I wouldn't be surprised if more money was budgeted for the trip but Kody pocketed what was saved by staying in that dumpy "corporate retreat" property.  The money will be used for Robyn's new tits and not their debts.  

Tits before debt.  I think that's on their mission statement.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

Wait, she's not mature enough to to handle college but she's getting married? 

Boy, do I feel dumb. At the time, I thought that stepping away from college so she could decide what she really wanted (while not wasting college tuition) was semi-mature - or at least somewhat self-aware. 

Nope. She's just a Brown.

Maybe they'll prove us all wrong and make it to their 60th wedding anniversary. But they're certainly launching that journey w/a big, ol' challenge.

• Love 2

So, Kody doesn't eat pork because he wants to be like Jesus and Jesus didn't eat pork.  

Jesus.

Who had, how many wives according to the New Testament?

Well, never mind.

And, of course the reason Meri was able to paint those (frankly shitty) paintings is that Kody encouraged her in the first place.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, gardendiva said:

I've been to that Coffee Shack place, and Kody's complaints are even more ridiculous about the parking if you know the situation. He is lucky he found enough places to park to begin with, without the extra stress of him fussing about backing in all the cars. The place is right on a busy highway that is basically built on the side of a volcano. No room for parking lots. There are some bump outs on either side of the highway for cars, and the restaurant itself is perched precariously on the edge of a steep dropoff. There is only room for a few cars out front, but the back is a sheer dropoff. It makes for a spectacular view out those windows, but not much room for cars. Unless they called ahead and made plans to clear the place out for the Brown Clowns, I am surprised they were able to all squeeze in there at all.

That restaurant is in Kona, right?  I've been there too, and it is TINY.  I remember the little dining room well, and I'm surprised they fit the whole family in there. I imagine it was a good place to stuff them all in and not have to consider getting permission from other diners to have their faces on reality TV.  I'm sure they had to have it closed for the Browns to be there.

• Love 1

I didn't see the previews, are they done in Hawaii?

Because, if so, either they failed to get permission to film most of the stuff they did, or they had the shittiest Hawaiian vacation I've ever seen.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, gardendiva said:

Yikes, who thought it would be a good idea to bring a ton of children to a place like this, when you know that the adults cannot possibly keep an eye on everyone?

19 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I think Kody is being inundated from every side with the message that he isn't going to continue to live a life of being worshipped and gifted at every turn. His kids are disgusted with him. His wives are sick of him. TLC is hoping he'll fall in a volcano. 

Ah...answered my own question from above.  MISSED OPPORTUNITY, WIVES!!

16 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

And inside her own head, Christine was screaming, "Noooooooooo!"  I wonder if Christine is even capable of verbalizing her reservations to Mykelti, when Christine has been lying and pretending for so long in her marriage to Kody.  Does she even know her real feelings anymore?

12 hours ago, auntl said:

I can't stand to watch Meri and Janelle together. Those two women despise each other. I think that this forced, fake, niceness is uncomfortable to watch. Now Christine is doing it with Robyn. I thought it was better when they just admitted they didn't like each other and stayed away from one another as much as possible.

I agree, it's super awkward.  Christine is probably the most comfortable with playing along, but does the worst job of it.  She gets all giggly and breathy with Robyn now, like they are sisters sharing silly secrets and having blanket-fort sleepovers or something.  I'm sure Christine knows that she needs to turn on the charm with Robyn now that Aspyn is living at Robyn's house...gotta keep up that facade of, "well, of COURSE it's fine that Aspyn is living with Robyn!  That's part of the beautiful splendor of having sister wives!  We take care of each other's children like they're our very own!"  But deep down, she's seething, because Christine never has gotten over how Robyn bumped her from that coveted, special "last wifey" spot.  Not to mention the other crap Kody did to Christine once Robyn flirted her skinny self into the picture.  And now, her beloved first daughter (and shoulder to lean on) is sleeping under the roof of the enemy.

• Love 1
(edited)

Did they ever show this view from the balcony during the episode? I don't recall seeing it. I can't imagine why they didn't feature that. It's beautiful.  What a shame for the Coffee Shack. They probably spent a fortune feeding the Browns and all they showed was Kody lecturing everyone in the unimpressive little dining room and complaining about the tiny parking lot. Some people may know the name of the restaurant now, but I don't think it's really worth it since it was not made to look very good. If I was the Coffee Shack I'd be ticked off.

In fact the whole Big Island should be ticked off. The Browns actually managed to make it look not beautiful, not amazing, and not a lot of fun. I didn't think it was possible to make Hawaii look bad, but somehow the Browns did it.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Did they ever show this view from the balcony during the episode? I don't recall seeing it. I can't imagine why they didn't feature that. It's beautiful.  What a shame for the Coffee Shack. They probably spent a fortune feeding the Browns and all they showed was Kody lecturing everyone in the unimpressive little dining room and complaining about the tiny parking lot. Some people may know the name of the restaurant now, but I don't think it's really worth it since it was not made to look very good. If I was the Coffee Shack I'd be ticked off.

In fact the whole Big Island should be ticked off. The Browns actually managed to make it look not beautiful, not amazing, and not a lot of fun. I didn't think it was possible to make Hawaii look bad, but somehow the Browns did it.

No, they never showed this view during the episode, which was very disappointing. This place is one of my husband's and my favorite places to go when we are on the Big Island, and all they showed of it was Kody pissing and moaning in the parking lot, and Kody impotently trying to assert his authority, like Napoleon addressing his troops inside while people ate. The charm of The Coffee Shack was completely lost.

• Love 3

I've only been to Hawaii the state once (in March) and then just stayed on Maui. 

I don't just assume that the Browns are getting free eats for a little publicity.  They already have lots of publicity as a Google search shows that they have a 4.5 star average on Yelp, 5 stars on Google Reviews, have been featured on The Cooking Channel, and so on.  They already have plenty of visibility (in fact, from what is being said here, I'd say this was ADVERSE publicity, since they apparently didn't show the view or the food, and Kody bitched about parking).  More than likely, TLC/producers paid for the Browns' food out of the show budget and the place was selected because of its proximity to the hostel they were staying at + their willingness to put up with the filming bullshit.  If anything, I would hope TLC paid the place EXTRA for having to deal with the filming crap.

• Love 5

Either way - whether they comped or were paid - the Coffee Shack got screwed.  Because based on what I saw on the show, it's not a place I would ever want to go.  Now I see the view and learn how well-reviewed they are ... totally different impression.  Good job, Kody! 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I didn't see the previews, are they done in Hawaii?

Because, if so, either they failed to get permission to film most of the stuff they did, or they had the shittiest Hawaiian vacation I've ever seen.

I wondered if they were only there for three days since so little was shown. They got there, next day we saw painted on eyebrows and surfing, then the luau and they left. That vacation didn't seem worth the trouble of taking the thousand or so Browns that went.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

. Meri did tweet photos of her with her gal pal at Pearl Harbor, I'm guessing she stayed with her friend after the filming.

So if that is true, she went to a different island...I am surprised she was allowed to escape.

30 minutes ago, Zanne said:

I wondered if they were only there for three days since so little was shown. They got there, next day we saw painted on eyebrows and surfing, then the luau and they left. That vacation didn't seem worth the trouble of taking the thousand or so Browns that went.

26 minutes ago, MV713 said:

So if that is true, she went to a different island...I am surprised she was allowed to escape.

There really isn't all that much to do or see (relatively speaking) for a group that size on the Big Island.  {I know, a boring day in Hawaii beats any day in the Nevada desert, etc.]. The volcano is part of a National Park, so they may not have had permission to film there.

I'm surprised they didn't go to Maui or someplace with more nature-trek opportunities. At least those are free.

The place they stayed is the one that got a really shitty deal.   we only saw the outside of the building, which frankly looked like the place where the cops finally corner the serial killer amongst his crawl-space full of bodies.  There's GOT to be more to that place that they never bothered showing.

i agree it would be odd if Meri went to Oahu apart from the group.  I wonder if she has a "just showing up for filming" deal at this point?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

They could go the Duggar route and start focusing on the kids with their dating, marriages and careers, cripes they could do a whole show on Kody imitating a baby, sticking out his tongue and making faces....

Edited by Coffee Girl
addition

I am pretty disappointed that Logan and his girlfriend decided to join filming. I had always gotten the impression that Logan wanted away from the train wreck.  Even if he agreed to come back occasionally because his family wanted him to, the fact that his girlfriend is joining in to makes me worried that the TLC $$$s have lured him. I really hope not. 

4 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

The place they stayed is the one that got a really shitty deal.   we only saw the outside of the building, which frankly looked like the place where the cops finally corner the serial killer amongst his crawl-space full of bodies.  There's GOT to be more to that place that they never bothered showing.

Maybe the hostel (?) is in a great location and you just couldn't get a sense of how convenient it was to stay there or something.  That's all I can come up with.  Because the building itself was so unappealing, inside and out.  And it was surrounded by all that brown grass.  Just depressing.

I've seen lots of shows where people take trips to Hawaii and this is the first time the only flowers I saw were the leis given out at the airport, lol. 

Was the only music at he luau the big guy with the ukulele?  No drums?  I didn't see or hear any.  

Questions:

Who was the girl laid out on the couch beside Kody when he was playing with legos ? She had shorts on and long legs, but you couldn't see her face.  I am hoping it was one of Christine's girls, and not Aurora .

Why do the girls who plan to get married "tell" their moms, but then have to " ask permission" from Kody, or rather the intended husband has to go and ask Kody if he can marry the daughter ? Ridiculous much ? He didn't raise them so why does he even have a say. And what happens if he says No ?

• Love 3

It's worth a gander at the Expedia reviews for Halemalu.  It may actually BE as bad as it looks:

The bad... no air conditioning and no ceiling fans in the bedrooms, so we had to leave the windows wide open to get air. I didn't feel safe wearing earplugs being on the ground floor with open windows. Located in a residential neighborhood, we had the pleasure of listening to the neighbor's barking dogs all night, in harmony with the wild roosters.The walls are thin, so I could hear the people above the master bedroom having sex. and the rest of the night he sawed logs (apparently exhausted after all that sex) for many hours, and it was so loud I though he was in the room with us. The rooms smelled musty, and the bathroom had mold behind the toilet, and in the calking. The fixtures are dirty. Dust in the couch & bed. Plenty of space in the suite though and plenty of linens

The consensus seems to be that it's not much more than four (thin) walls and a roof, and a lot of roosters.

I realize that Hawaii can often be one extreme or the other, cost-wise.  But the fact that they ended up at this place, instead of a name-brand hotel's bungalows on one of the other islands, suggests that this crew isn't even worth the "promotional consideration provided by" comps from any self-respecting hotel chain.

• Love 6
On 6/21/2016 at 7:07 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

I long for more glimpses of Kody's Wedding-Day Hairdo. I wish he would make that his default. It is so flattering. 

Has he tried a man bun yet? Those seem tailor-made for his image. 

I thought he looked vaguely BeeGees or Andy Gibb-ish during one of those recaps of his smiley/angry thing. The hair-toss thing is also super 70's disco.

On 6/20/2016 at 7:38 AM, kassa said:

Mykelti's voice is EXACTLY the same as Christine's -- spooky!  New boyfriend looks... not AUB.  He actually looked vaguely Hawaiian to me, but could be Native American or Mexican?  They've been fine with dating outside the faith, but it will be interesting to see how far that extends to different races (if it's even applicable here).  I certainly think there's grounds enough for concern given the brief relationship and youth, so I won't attribute anything to that unless there's a vibe.

Yeah, this. I don't think it's 'hate' or anything crazy like that , but they probably would have ideally wanted someone from their own 'culture', maybe because in Brown-world things are already so filled with drama and complications he might see this as being something he just doesn't want to 'dill' with. His whole pissy attitude through the whole thing might be because he did find out about the boyfriend/fiance thing before they got back, I would bet Christine was acting so weird he probably pulled this out of her and hence, was flipped out about this and not parking spaces or pork, but the show edited it so it looked like his crap attitude was about these petty things and not what it really was. That said, it must be weird for your daughter to have been seeing this guy that they don't really know and 5 months later be 'BTW, surprise, we're getting married'. And at 19. And from someone not someone they know from their extended 'family wreath'. And someone who has cultural differences. Boom. I wonder if Mykelti feels like because she dropped out of school, and then did the pawn shop thing that somehow she let them down and figures, well, I don't want to move back in or be a 'burden' on them so this is what I should do, it will make me look like I'm doing something 'grown-up', and Mykelti comparing the reaction her mom gave to Maddie  to her mom's reaction to her announcement seems like she is seeking approval or acceptance. I don't know for sure though, this page she has says "live whimsically" https://www.instagram.com/mykeltib/ 

and there is mom hugging the fiance so I guess she got over it.  Little kids coloring with marker pens on pit bulls. Charming, lol

Aside from all that , I found more pics of Maddie's wedding on her pal's twitter https://twitter.com/dezireemirage

In the background pic it looks like they have matching tats but I can't see what it says, and it looks like it's not in English.

Can this crew get even more insane? I bet they can.

gibb.jpg

• Love 3

Okay, I LOVED me some Andy Gibb, and I was all prepared to yell and shake my fist at the comparison...but I kind of get it now.  But Kody wishes his frizzy, thinning caveman coif looked as good as Andy's.

I find it really sad that Mykelti feels like she has to rush into marriage before her other brothers and sisters get there in order to have a decent share of attention from Kody.  If that's the case, Truely is going to have to get married in kindergarten.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I've only been to Hawaii the state once (in March) and then just stayed on Maui. 

I don't just assume that the Browns are getting free eats for a little publicity.  They already have lots of publicity as a Google search shows that they have a 4.5 star average on Yelp, 5 stars on Google Reviews, have been featured on The Cooking Channel, and so on.  They already have plenty of visibility (in fact, from what is being said here, I'd say this was ADVERSE publicity, since they apparently didn't show the view or the food, and Kody bitched about parking).  More than likely, TLC/producers paid for the Browns' food out of the show budget and the place was selected because of its proximity to the hostel they were staying at + their willingness to put up with the filming bullshit.  If anything, I would hope TLC paid the place EXTRA for having to deal with the filming crap.

I did see someone (on review, I'm pretty sure it was Dayton) looking out the window of the restaurant and taking pictures while Kody was pontificating about the difficulty of parking one's car in a parking lot.  I think it sucks that, at least from what we saw, none of the Browns made any comment about the breath-taking view from the Coffee Shack.  However, after taking 4 hours to get everyone loaded into cars, watching Kody pitch a fit in the parking lot, and listen to him whine, they were probably too damn hungry to appreciate anything but the food.

16 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Okay, I SHOULD apologize for saying this, but the fiance Tony looks like a lazy slug in the IG pix, especially the bowling one.

So I guess she IS marrying a guy like dear old Dad.

This actually doesn't surprise me. She seems like the classic example of looking for approval from a neglectful father. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Okay, I LOVED me some Andy Gibb, and I was all prepared to yell and shake my fist at the comparison...but I kind of get it now.  But Kody wishes his frizzy, thinning caveman coif looked as good as Andy's.

I'm sure in his mind, it does.

• Love 2