Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E11: Invitation Interrupted

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Sonja's on WWHL and saying she's dated Tom forever and it wasn't a (as Luann said) Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am with them.  She's surprised about Jules' divorce and she's being kind.

There is more talk about Tom and Sonja.  She says she was with him just before Thanksgiving. 

Sonja dated Tom "forever" just like she "partied(s?)" with JohnJohn (sic) and Madonna.  Her version of the truth is highly suspect.  And if she had been dating him for that long, shouldn't she also be mad at Ramona? 

I think LuAnn is taking things too fast, but then again she did this with her first marriage, which lasted more than 10 years and 2 children.  Some people just make that decision really, really fast!  [my Dad proposed to my Mother on their first date, and although she told him he was nuts, they were married within 7 months of meeting.  He met and married the second wife within ~8 months of meeting, having gotten engaged after less than 2 months dating].

Carole - I hope Mr. Hipster dumps her after the cookbook.  They seem ridiculous.

Now, don't be mean to Adam, if he can't dump her until AFTER the cookbook is published, they will be together until he dies!  Because that cookbook will likely never be published (ignoring self-publishing here).

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Pollock said:

Totally surprising but I feel like you. For once, Ramona really was trying to do something good here. Timing and delivery were off, as usual, but bursting your bubble about potentially being "conned" by a man isn't being a bad friend, at all. I don't know if this guy is for real or not, if he's just another Terry Dubrow chasing fame or if they just really found each other but I'm kind of worried for her after seing Ramona's but mostly Sonja's reaction to the news. If the guys is bullshit, I hope LuAnn's in on it (well not really because I don't like fake storyline like most of us but you all see my point).

Something sure seems off with this guy.  Sure Ramona and Sonja aren't the best historians, but unless they're Oscar caliber actors, their reactions to Luann were very telling. They were speechless and upset to a certain degree.  It's not just that this guy has dated Ramona and banged Sonja.  It's that he's done both of these things in the same time frame in which he was discovering his new soul mate Lu, and inseparable from her.  Add that to Luann's non-response to the reactions of Ramona, Sonja, and Bethenny, and I see a woman working tirelessly to stay on script.

As much as I'm disliking Luanne, I don't wish a bad relationship on anyone.  Hopefully, she's going into this with her eyes wide open.  Or it's a story line.  I remember her story line with Jacques of wanting to get pregnant.  Completely fake, but played well enough by Lu.

11 hours ago, swankie said:

The way I feel about it is, good luck to Luann or any other woman in New York looking to find a man that hasn't banged Sonja Morgan.  I don't think one exists.  That girl is like a carnival ride.  She and Luann seem to be neck and neck though.  Of course, I'm really different than Luann because the fact that the guy slept with Sonja even once would be a deal breaker for me.  I'm not saying anything is wrong with Sonja, it's just that I wouldn't be comfortable knowing that one of my friends has been intimate with my man.  I just wouldn't be able to get past that, but that's just me.

I will admit I was a little grossed out at her laughing TH about Tom and Sonja.  Just a little quick in and out *giggle*blush*

9 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Oh and Queen Meth can go to hell for inviting Carole into her home then after she's already in demanding Carole to remove her shoes because the carpets just got cleaned, All the while Bethennys slave serves drinks on the bedcovers. Let them eat cake! 

It pains me to defend Bethenny, but unlike Sonja, she actually pays her workers.  So the woman was actually doing her job.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Yep, "kih-en" and "wrih-en."  I can't stand that.  Bad enough that teens are speaking like that but Carole too?  

I would never had noticed this if so many people didn't bring it up. It doesn't bother me. What does bother me is her continuing to refer to herself as a girl. It is one thing to do it amongst your friends but to put it in writing in a book forward or whatever the hell that was. Please stop. I just think after years in journalism at a prestigious broadcast company, triple tragedies and a NY Times best seller, Carole has beyond earned the privilege to refer to herself as a woman. 

Hate to ask but kinda wondering, is Sonja's assistant Alex transitioning?

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Agree with everyone that says Luann looks manic and desperate, I miss Luann of last year, never cared for the Countess crap, but I did like her last year.  I think the main stress is money, she's acting broke, but yeah the booze and smokes and late nights have also taken their toll.  Does this guy have any money?  I know someone must have done the research by now.  Ha.  Her blog this week still insists they are happy and getting married.  I still think that if that's true, it's mostly either for a RHBH story (for both of them, he certainly seems like a RH junkie) OR it's because Luann is totally cool with an open marriage.  It's not only what she's used to, I think she prefers sexual freedom and is reconciled to that in men as well.  If so?  Perfect match.

Could I marry a guy that had been intimate with two of my friends?  I'm pretty open minded, and really not much of a prude, but I still don't think so.  Then again, marriage has never been something that sounded that interesting or desirable to me, let alone a goal, or a key to happiness.

I am wondering if Luann's broader shoulders and look may be due to menopause.  Most MD's won't give you HRT if you smoke.  I am also wondering if after meeting up with Tom, Luann put down the cigarettes.

Here is an interview with Tom from earlier this year.  Since then he has popped the question and gotten her a beautiful ring.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/luann-de-lesseps-new-boyfriend-speaks-about-relationship  I don't get where the Luann has financial troubles comes from.  She sold her Hamptons house for $8 million and she and the Count paid under a million for it and now lives in a $3.1 million dollar home.  She has had RHONY income for eight years, she has had a product line for three years.  She added a new master suite on to her Sag Harbor home.  What I don't think Luann would do is marry a starving artist/chef type.  I think she likes powerful men and Tom fills the bill for her.

Tom and Ramona, by both their accounts were never intimate.  Which leaves one night stand Sonja.  It just means to me if you follow in love with someone, you fall in love.  No one can change their past.  It would seem kind of sad to not consider anyone who ever dined with Ramona or had sex with Sonja.  If it doesn't bother Luann or Tom, why are these other women so concerned?  They sure weren't concerned when Carole started banging Adam and Luann's niece's connection Carole knows. 

What is odd to me is that anyone would try and put a damper on Luann's happiness.  When Ramona's 21 year old daughter calls her mom out for being an ass, it is time to pay attention.  There is no way Ramona cares, in fact I would go so far as to say, Ramona would love for the Tom/Luann relationship to blow up big and leave Luann in Sonja type straits financially.

1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

I don't think Ramona is at all jealous of Luann and Tom. Ramona's been pretty upfront about her "downfall". She's acknowledged that she acted badly, and has talked about how humiliating and educating it was for her to go through what she's been through with Mario. So I really don't feel like Ramona has any more comeuppance coming to her. Unlike Luann, Ramona seems to be in a really great place -- probably the best I've ever seen her -- and seems to be really enjoying her new life. I don't think she'd want Luann's life on a bet.

A drunk and really bad looking Ramona got tossed out of party of John's.  I would think that is pretty close to hitting rock bottom. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Sonja does have something to do with this, because she signed on. This repeated explanation that it was all Peter/Partners is acknowledged, but again, again, and again Sonja has/had something to do with Tipsy Girl. 

I equate Sonja's involvement in TG that to a model, say Gigi, for a clothing designer. They sign a contract to become the face of a particular product but have no hand in the development, marketing campaign, naming, production of said product. No one would blame Gigi if say the design house had all their clothing made children in some third world country after she signed the modeling contract. Sonja has no say in anything Peter/partners do, she signed a contract (which she now realizes she has to honor no matter what after the Studio lawsuit) and has to do her "job" as THE face. What she needs to do is stop saying that she is a "Partner" in TG, because she isn't, and admit that she is just a paid spokesperson and that she never took into consideration that doing this would/could upset Bethenny.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Yep, "kih-en" and "wrih-en."  I can't stand that.  Bad enough that teens are speaking like that but Carole too?  

Whatever she's doing to her face, she needs to stop.

And in general, STFU.   She and B are like two little 12 year old in cahoots to pick on another girl. Give it up. 

Loved how during their little talk about the Bahamas, neither Carole nor B mentioned that B's "boyfriend" is the husband of her high school friend.  Nice. 

So LuAnn decided to marry Sonja's or Ramona's Tom after 6 weeks?  Is she nuts?  Maybe Ramona shouldn't have said anything about the ex-wife or girlfriend and the bracelet in front of Avery but LuAnn should know that kind of info, if it's legit.  And Tom was banging Sonja a month prior?  Aren't there more than half a dozen available men in NY?  

Jules' husband came home late, then had to take a shower?  And he's texting all the time?  Girl . . . maybe I'm pessimistic but I'd be worried that he's got someone on the side.

I for one loved how LuAnn totally steamrolled over B and invited herself to the Mexico trip.

UGH!!!! Kih-en, that was driving me mad!

The fact that Bethany's boyfriend is separated does not bother me, I had gone thru a divorce and dated while I was separated, it does make me wonder if Bethany is the reason said boyfriend is separated.

Lu is running around telling everyone she is getting married, did the guy actually ask her or intimated it just to keep a steady lay around?  Would you want Sonja's occasional lay?

Jules'  husband does give me a vibe of mistrust and the constant texting may be business related if he is doing business with a female associate which just may include monkey business. Frankly, I don't know many men that text prolifically for business or other reasons.  Running late then taking a shower...hmmm.  Who knows, maybe next year Jules' story line will be a divorce.  These shows do wreak havoc on relationships.

Ramona wanted to be involved with an established business?  Other than putting them on TV what could she offer them?  She never did say what her involvement would be.  Did we get to see Lu's hair after they put in the extensions?

• Love 7
(edited)
28 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Wow, that is not a good sign. I hope Jules and her children don't get harmed by him in any way. My apologies to anyone in advance that has a boyfriend or husband with hair like Michael Wainstein, but I can't trust any guy that slathers that much bear grease on his hair. Can you imagine the pillow cases?  Ew, just ew.

355DC9DA00000578-3645222-image-a-19_1466

146610734077150?73515

Running late: Michael angered Jules because he was late for their dinner date yet still insisted on taking a shower; it has now being claimed that he was already involved in the affair which has ended their marriage

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 14
36 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Seemed to work out for her very well up until the divorce. I mean they were married for a good number of years hd two children and were a family Lu enjoyed for quite some time. Not to mention the lavish lifestyle traveling all over and enjoying the good life. Just because it didn't last forever doesn't mean it didn't produce a plethora of great memories for Lu. Some other poster mentioned it would be nice if Lu and Tom found happiness for a while off the singles market at their age. Even if it doesn't last forever it's a nice concept for people to commit to each other even if there may be an end date in the future. Two people who's forever wasn't so probably understand how important it is to grasp what you can for however long it lasts. Relish and cherish it and if their goals are the same I say go for it. Even if they are short term goals.

It's a good point.  Mine was she didn't know him (well).  It's not a good life-decision making characteristic, but mileage I suppose.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Sonja does have something to do with this, because she signed on. This repeated explanation that it was all Peter/Partners is acknowledged, but again, again, and again Sonja has/had something to do with Tipsy Girl. 

Yes, but she didn't create it, do any work for it, design anything, talk to any distributors, help design the restaurant, choose the name or wine.  NADA.  She's only signed on to get the Shyster publicity by trying to make it a story on a TV show and in the tabloids by tweaking Bethenny's nose.

4 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Sonja dated Tom "forever" just like she "partied(s?)" with JohnJohn (sic) and Madonna.  Her version of the truth is highly suspect.  And if she had been dating him for that long, shouldn't she also be mad at Ramona? 

Why would she be mad?  She has shown no interest in marrying this guy.  He was a fuck buddy, occasional date.  I really think she was concerned for Luann  though.

4 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Something sure seems off with this guy.  Sure Ramona and Sonja aren't the best historians, but unless they're Oscar caliber actors, their reactions to Luann were very telling. They were speechless and upset to a certain degree.  It's not just that this guy has dated Ramona and banged Sonja.  It's that he's done both of these things in the same time frame in which he was discovering his new soul mate Lu, and inseparable from her.  Add that to Luann's non-response to the reactions of Ramona, Sonja, and Bethenny, and I see a woman working tirelessly to stay on script.

As much as I'm disliking Luanne, I don't wish a bad relationship on anyone.  Hopefully, she's going into this with her eyes wide open.  Or it's a story line.  I remember her story line with Jacques of wanting to get pregnant.  Completely fake, but played well enough by Lu.

I will admit I was a little grossed out at her laughing TH about Tom and Sonja.  Just a little quick in and out *giggle*blush*

It pains me to defend Bethenny, but unlike Sonja, she actually pays her workers.  So the woman was actually doing her job.

It really does seem off.  I hope for Luann this is just a story or marriage of like minds.  They both like to sleep around, Luann wants a ring on it, with the freedom to have a little sex whenever (just like her marriage to the Count) and he likes the ladies too.  It COULD work.  Still, something rings very fake, maybe that he's been hanging around RH wives since season one?  Fame junkie?

7 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Holy CRAP!

EXCLUSIVE: Police swarm Housewives star Jules Wainstein's apartment as she accuses husband of ‘threatening’ behaviour after she catches him 'cheating with her friend' 

Michael allegedly had an ongoing affair with Jules’ good friend, DailyMail.com has learned

He was texting the mistress as far back as January and Jules recently caught them together

Jules detailed how her husband showered often, got home late and was always on his phone on Wednesday's episode of RHONY

The couple were married eight years and have two children 

On top of everything else the other woman is her friend?  Poor Jules!

An officer was seen leaving the apartment carrying a written statement, with the words 'threatening me... going to ruin my life,' easily legible to those observing the scene.

*sad face*  Yes, Jules will keep her apple now, but she was growing on me anyway, especially after she talked to Bethenny about her eating disorder.

5 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Wow, that is not a good sign. I hope Jules and her children don't get harmed by him in any way. My apologies to anyone in advance that has a boyfriend or husband with hair like Michael Wainstein, but I can't trust any guy that slathers that much bear grease on his hair. Can you imagine the pillow cases?  Ew, just ew.

355DC9DA00000578-3645222-image-a-19_1466

Those poor kids!

What a creep.  Poor Jules too.  That's a LOT of cops in the other photos, the hell?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I loved Lu saying she and the Count married after two weeks.   {{nodding}} Mmhmm, unh huh.  How'd that work out for you?

Right??? I had the same thought - did you learn nothing from that impetuousness?

4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I was even more angry when he seemingly got pissed with her for not quickly shutting up their child with milk. As she said, he could have just as easily done it, especially knowing that she had just come home after spending all day with her sick father. And I believe that story and his reaction because at the dinner table, he suggested that HER mother come watch the children. What loving, attentive husband wouldn't be considerate of the fact that her mother was taking care of her ill husband? And when she pointed it out, he didn't even have a 'stupid me' moment.

Jules literally said that her husband "doesn't do well with the kids". Like you would say you don't do well at sports, or something. I get that she's probably spoiled and not all that involved herself on a regular basis. But I feel like when she has to be, she tries her damnedest, even if she doesn't know how to make coffee or scramble an egg. He just seems like a jerk who sired children, but doesn't actually want to father them. 

1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

I do feel sorry for Jules, and what's more I got the distinct idea John knows  Michael is cheating on his wife.  As far as coming home after work (which really, that's what the Berkshires was for Jules, even if it was a mini vacation as well) to come home and find the kids unfed, un-bathed, and one with a full diaper?  That's really sad.  What a prick, he was probably busy with his girlfriend.

What about coming home late for their dinner with John and Dorinda? And THEN taking a shower on top of it? Ummm, it's not like he's in construction or working in a hot kitchen all day. What did he need a shower for?

39 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

One other interesting deet, did you notice Adam didn't take the muffin trays and other stored items out of the oven before putting the cake in?  I think that would affect how the heat is distributed. 

Thank goodness I wasn't the only one who noticed. That bothered me so so bad. 

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, MerryMary said:

One other interesting deet, did you notice Adam didn't take the muffin trays and other stored items out of the oven before putting the cake in?  I think that would affect how the heat is distributed. 

spoken like a true baker! I didn't notice that but you're right, any other items being stored in an oven should be removed before baking especially since temperature would be affected.

• Love 2

Seriously......HE puts THAT much gunk on his hair?????

I wouldn't let him near me.   Makes me wonder what his side-piece is like.

I can't think of one positive thing about him that we have learned so far.  

• Love 10

A couple of things stood out in Carole and Adam's scene -- Carole wrote the cookbook intro as [paraphrasing] "vegan falls in love with girl who loves junk food" -- not "vegan and girl who loves junk food fall in love."  He falls in love with her.  And then her comments about being able to "glide" out of relationships, unwilling to go in deeply.  Sexual connotations aside, she comes off as really insecure.  I think we've all known people like that -- they'll bow out of a relationship at the first sign that the other party is losing interest.  Start pushing them away before they even show signs of wanting to leave.  She wasn't paying any attention to him when he was talking -- she interrupted, starting writing on her laptop. 

I couldn't get over Lu inviting herself to Mexico when Beth obviously didn't want her, and her victory tour, telling Sonja, Ramona and Bethenny about Tom.  If she'd been friends with Carole or Jules, she would have gone to see them too. 

Jules at the dinner with Dorinda and John -- bitching about her husband when he's sitting right there.  Is it because she's afraid to confront him when they're alone? 

How small IS the dating pool in NYC? 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

With Jules's divorce, won't this be the first/only "Housewives" group to include no actual wives?

Well, she's still married this season and who knows what will happen next season. I don't even care about the "housewife" factor, I just want a good cast.

• Love 8

I picture BRAVO going through footage right now to find anything else they can show about marital problems or Michael acting like a cheater to shove into next weeks episodes, or at least all the weeks after that.

• Love 12

I liked Carole's kitten story, and the realization that it brought her to.  And I actually think she's been pretty circumspect about mentioning her losses...in fact, I don't think she has ever even SAID "When JFK Jr and Carolyn died in that plane crash," she usually just refers to her friends. 

I need to go back and double-check this in Carole's book "What Remains," but I believe she even admits that she and/or her husband might have reconsidered getting married if they had known about his cancer coming back.  I think Anthony did find out right before the wedding, and revealed it (or at least his suspicions) on their honeymoon.  The way she described the early part of their relationship was always interesting to me...it didn't seem like a big LOVE AFFAIR.  They was clearly attraction from the start but she also makes it sound like they kind of fell into things, and that maybe he was the one who was all, "Hey, let's get married," and it surprised her.  My recollection is a little foggy, but that was my take-away. 

• Love 9

I'm trying to quote someone upthread, but I'm having a heck of a time with the NBAstore add on this thread.  It forces the page to return to the add, and it bounces back when I attempt to scroll up or down.  I hate those!!

Anyway, someone upthread felt that Jules was getting the bad end of a divorce from Michael, and I think I disagree.  We know very little about Jules, and it seem we're getting her in a difficult time in her life - loss of nanny, sick father, failing marriage.  But I'm getting the impression that Jules is the way she is because she's been incredibly spoiled throughout her life.  By that I mean she seems the type who goes from her father's house to her husband's house.  She's possibly never completely been responsible for her own care and support.  On top of that, wealth seems to have sheltered her from the basics most of us pick up: How to make coffee, how to bathe a child without half-drowning her, how to shower when you don't have hours to spare, how to groom one's arm pits when responsible for the care of two children, and only the housekeeper to pick up the slack.

And as sarcastic as I'm being, these things really seem to throw Jules for a loop.  I don't think it's an act.  She is completely overwhelmed by the responsibility of having two children, and she was thusly even when the nanny was present.  Who builds a wall in their vehicle to block the front seat from the children and nanny in the back?  And this doesn't mean she doesn't want or love her children.  She just reminds me of aristocratic Europeans who live their lives off of their trust funds.  Life is solely for one's entertainment, and the staff care for your home and raise your children.

So Michael - probably my biggest disappointment for male partner across the franchises that I watch (NY,BH, NJ, OC).  He seemed like a short man totally comfortable in his own skin.  Totally cool with a wife who towers over him, and who finds her ditzy act adorable.  He immediately dropped in my esteem upon learning about his porn connection.  Some find porn a victimless venture - I do not.  Now I'm wondering if Jules's crass remark about Michael marrying her because she was the least Jewish looking Jew came from him.  Maybe this is how he talks to her.  On the surface it may sound like a compliment, but it's actually demoralizing.

So I'm not thinking Jules gets the bad deal in a divorce.  For one thing, she rids herself of a cheater who valued her mostly for her "otherness".  She sheds a man who helps so little that even SHE sees how hands-off he is with their children.  But the bigger opportunity is the chance to just be herself.  If she is a woman who went from a husband to a father (I really have no idea), she gets this chance to learn to stand on her own two feet.  She will learn that she can care for her children as it's own reward, versus just begrudging the fact that their father isn't at her side getting his hands dirty as well.  Without this man as an enabler, maybe she will learn negotiation and discipline of her children without the use of candy/popsicle bribes.

My true compassion lies with the two children.  God knows what mischief they will get into while under their father's care.  Small children can wreak havoc while the self-involved caretaker is taking selfies and flirting on his phone with an ear bud stuffed in his head.  Or, if his wish is fulfilled and he gets a "hot nanny", the little ones can take off while daddy and nanny are getting busy in the bedroom. 

And boy this guy is oily - in every way.  His affection lifted John up in earlier episodes, but now John's connection to Michael is dragging him back down.

And I do want to point out the difference between Jules's and Heather's dismay at losing their nannies.*  First of all, Heather works and is building a business - a nanny is essential (not that stay-at-home moms can't have nannies).  But also, Heather's son is a donor liver recipient with on-going heath issues.  He had the same nanny from infancy, and she would be familiar with the meds a donor recipient must take to avoid organ rejection.  That's a lot of trust that Heather has to put into her children's nanny, and a huge blow when that trusted person leaves. 

*Not that anyone has attacked Heather, but a post upthread referred to comparing a loss of nanny to a loss of a relative, and that brought to mind Heather's situation.  Not sure if that's what the OP was referring to.

• Love 15

There's been hardly a smattering of discussion about Bethenny Frankel's fibroid tumors. Apparently these were causing her to have excessive bleeding and severe abdominal pain. It's not a rare condition and according to the National Institutes of Health, about 70 to 80 percent of women have them by the age of 50. Bethenny just happened to be in that percentile of women. But what occurs to me is that unlike most women, Bethenny doesn't have a husband, children, parents or siblings there to give her a hand while she was recovering from surgery to remove the tumors. We can justify her having to face this health scare alone believing that her very attitude and her harsh and judgmental personality has alienated anyone who would be close enough to help her out when she needed it. Nevertheless, she did blow herself into her own little bubble. She had to rely on paid staff to attend to her needs during her recovery.  Now Bethenny claims to be in love again and unfortunately it's with a married man, albeit a separated one. Dennis Shields has been married to Jill Schwartzberg since 1990 and she's a woman that Bethenny went to high school with 30 years ago.

I think I must've missed something. Was there something on the show about her having surgery and going through it alone? And why would any of us be called upon to justify Bethenny using hired help during her recovery? I'm pretty sure it's not Bethenny's fault she doesn't have parents or siblings, and I know she has long-term friends, but one would hardly ask one's friends to work for them during recovery (at least not if you wanted to stay friends). I think a lot of unfair assumptions are being made about Bethenny's current boyfriend. Unless this Jill Schwartzberg comes out and says that Bethenny wrecked their marriage, I think the more logical assumption is that the separation preceded Bethenny dating the guy. I'm happy she's found someone who isn't a money-grubbing douchebag. Should make a refreshing change for her.

• Love 11
  17 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Sonja's on WWHL and saying she's dated Tom forever and it wasn't a (as Luann said) Wham Bam Thank You Ma'am with them.  She's surprised about Jules' divorce and she's being kind.

There is more talk about Tom and Sonja.  She says she was with him just before Thanksgiving. 

I think LuAnn is taking things too fast, but then again she did this with her first marriage, which lasted more than 10 years and 2 children.  Some people just make that decision really, really fast!  [my Dad proposed to my Mother on their first date, and although she told him he was nuts, they were married within 7 months of meeting.  He met and married the second wife within ~8 months of meeting, having gotten engaged after less than 2 months dating].

Carole - I hope Mr. Hipster dumps her after the cookbook.  They seem ridiculous.

Now, don't be mean to Adam, if he can't dump her until AFTER the cookbook is published, they will be together until he dies!  Because that cookbook will likely never be published (ignoring self-publishing here).

Since the cookbook is celebrity-driven, there's no real reason it shouldn't be published traditionally. "Housewives" books, in general, tend to do fairly well, if only on a novelty basis.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

A couple of things stood out in Carole and Adam's scene -- Carole wrote the cookbook intro as [paraphrasing] "vegan falls in love with girl who loves junk food" -- not "vegan and girl who loves junk food fall in love."  He falls in love with her.  And then her comments about being able to "glide" out of relationships, unwilling to go in deeply.  Sexual connotations aside, she comes off as really insecure.  I think we've all known people like that -- they'll bow out of a relationship at the first sign that the other party is losing interest.  Start pushing them away before they even show signs of wanting to leave.  She wasn't paying any attention to him when he was talking -- she interrupted, starting writing on her laptop. 

I noticed that, too.  But what she actually wrote was, "A vegan and the reluctant vegan he fell for.  How a plant-based chef stole the heart of a junk food eating girl".  So she's saying she loves him as well.  And her revelation about the kitten, was less insecurity, and more commitment phobia, IMO.  She leaves the guys before she becomes too attached.  That's fear of being hurt again, in my opinion.

As to the use of "girl", every single one of them does it.  I'm pretty sure Lu and Sonja used it a couple of times last night.  And to be perfectly honest, I use it too.  It's pure laziness to use a single syllable word.  Even on So You Think You Can Dance, for years they've broken the sexes up as "guys", and "girls".  And every previous season had only adult participants.  Personally, it doesn't bother me in the way "boy" may bother a grown man.  I don't take the word "girl" as emasculating, or whatever the feminine equivalent would be, and I don't find it condescending.  But I understand women who don't like it.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, izabella said:

Unless you're a virgin, everyone is somebody's sloppy seconds or thirds, if one is going to use those terms, no?

Yeah, but I think I'd draw the line at sleeping with fuck buddy of the woman who is giving me a room at her house, oh, and someone she's still "seeing" at that.

Sonja's face at that thanksgiving date was pretty telling.  Then again on WWHL she said she'd been with him, and certainly the implication was, AFTER he had banged Luann.

Again, I'm absolutely not a prude, but no way in hell would I do that to women I work with, let alone women I call my friends.  I've never been called old fashioned about sex, but still?  I'd go to both Ramona and Sonja before I dated the guy, let alone hopped in bed with the guy, and LONG before I decided to marry him.

Just me?

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I think I must've missed something. Was there something on the show about her having surgery and going through it alone? And why would any of us be called upon to justify Bethenny using hired help during her recovery? I'm pretty sure it's not Bethenny's fault she doesn't have parents or siblings, and I know she has long-term friends, but one would hardly ask one's friends to work for them during recovery (at least not if you wanted to stay friends). I think a lot of unfair assumptions are being made about Bethenny's current boyfriend. Unless this Jill Schwartzberg comes out and says that Bethenny wrecked their marriage, I think the more logical assumption is that the separation preceded Bethenny dating the guy. I'm happy she's found someone who isn't a money-grubbing douchebag. Should make a refreshing change for her.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/bethenny-frankel-mystery-surgery-95283

1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

Yeah, but I think I'd draw the line at sleeping with fuck buddy of the woman who is giving me a room at her house, oh, and someone she's still "seeing" at that.

Sonja's face at that thanksgiving date was pretty telling.  Then again on WWHL she said she'd been with him, and certainly the implication was, AFTER he had banged Luann.

Again, I'm absolutely not a prude, but no way in hell would I do that to women I work with, let alone women I call my friends.  I've never been called old fashioned about sex, but still?  I'd go to both Ramona and Sonja before I dated the guy, let alone hopped in bed with the guy, and LONG before I decided to marry him.

Just me?

Well, if you believe Sonja, I'm sure she could sell you P Diddy's yacht.  I do not put any credence on her timelines or much of anything else.  From her coy act on WWHL where she doesn't even answer the question, seems she may have slept with Tom once, and who knows when that was?  As for Ramona, there was no sex and there may have been some dates, which is probably generous becasue who can stand to listen to her or look at her crazy eyes for more than one dinner?

Basically, in the real world, I'd agree with you, but I don't buy a single thing Sonja and Ramona are selling, except they are jelly that Lu stole "their" man, lol.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, izabella said:

Unless you're a virgin, everyone is somebody's sloppy seconds or thirds, if one is going to use those terms, no?

That's not quite the definition of 'sloppy seconds'. The term refers to someone having intercourse with one person, then soon after having intercourse with another without a cleanup in between.  Considering the fact that Ramona claims that Luann 'squirts' during sex then I would hope that he have been smart enough to have sex with Sonja before Luann. A new term would need to be coined such as 'super sloppy seconds' or 'immensely sloppy seconds'.

Just now, izabella said:

Well, if you believe Sonja, I'm sure she could sell you P Diddy's yacht.  I do not put any credence on her timelines or much of anything else.  From her coy act on WWHL where she doesn't even answer the question, seems she may have slept with Tom once, and who knows when that was?  As for Ramona, there was no sex and there may have been some dates, which is probably generous becasue who can stand to listen to her or look at her crazy eyes for more than one dinner?

Basically, in the real world, I'd agree with you, but I don't buy a single thing Sonja and Ramona are selling, except they are jelly that Lu stole "their" man, lol.

I believe them both.

Only I think Ramona probably slept with him too, she may have been too drunk to remember it though.

As for Sonja?  She was trying her best to be kind to Luann and not completely embarrass her, or admit a 10 year affair, because that would mean she was banging Tom while married to her old coot, which?  She probably was.  Still, obviously there are no bragging rights about sleeping with Tom, who will date any housewife that will have him, so no, I don't think it's at all like P Diddy.

Still, you may be right, but Sonja's reactions, both immediately after Luann told her "before Thanksgiving" AND on RHBH read as completely true to me. 

• Love 6

I forgot to mention this -

The hair extension rep talking with Ramona.  Ramona says something about not wanting her extensions too long, and the rep says something like - you don't want to look like a stripper?  Way to go, lady!  Let your potential clients know what you really think about them.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Just me?

Go to them for what?  What are you doing to them?  I don't understand any of this.  My gawd when people divorce they aren't entitled to a tail on their ex-but dinner companions, a one night stand?  You and Luann are adults, what do you want from either of them?  She asked Tom, he said he and Ramona had just been out to dinner-same thing Ramona said. Sonja and Ramona should have taken the high road instead of trying to play up a very tired old storyline. You do realize Sonja's story was pretty well unraveled by the end of the night, last night.  I think the women had agreed to stop feeding Sonja's delusions.  No more P Diddy, Madonna, yachts and the like.  I think when it is entertaining for them they want Sonja to cough up some delusion, when it comes down to taking her word for it-they go to the source-like Andy did with P Diddy, Luann did with Tom.  He had obviously shared with Luann he had previously had sex with Sonja.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

Sometimes the people on the sidelines have a better perception of what is going on during the 'game'....forget either party and feel for the kids. They are the ones that are going to suffer thru this divorce - You have two parents who really could GAF about the kids. They are wrapped up in their own bubbles and neither one can provide the basic needs (for Christ's sake, you can't pour a glass of milk?) for the kids, how well are they situated to really take care of them in the future.

A D+C is an outpatient procedure and some women are up and at 'em the day after - IF Methenny was 'bleeding all over the place' the smart thing to do would have been to go to the ER and she would have been admitted right then and there and had the procedure done that night or the next day.  Instead? She's out and about - IF you are hemorrhaging that badly, you wouldn't be riding about, complaining about it to your pals. (I think that Meth was a little jealous SHE couldn't wear white in her condition?)

So, who is the whore/slut/sleeping with married men? NOT only that, she ends up screwing a friend's husband. HAHAHAHAHA, Dumb shit knows the taste of shoe leather, eh? The people who stage the largest protest against any topic are the ones to watch - They try to point you in a different direction so you aren't paying attention to what they are doing.

The "un-drunk" Sonja is a totally different person, that is pretty scary to think just how OoC she gets while drinking.

Here's something to watch for fits and shiggles? Ramona's eye blinking. You can see the gears turning inside her head - too bad there is no smell-o-vision. Burning oil has a distinct odor? 

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Nancybeth said:

I liked Carole's kitten story, and the realization that it brought her to.  And I actually think she's been pretty circumspect about mentioning her losses...in fact, I don't think she has ever even SAID "When JFK Jr and Carolyn died in that plane crash," she usually just refers to her friends. 

I need to go back and double-check this in Carole's book "What Remains," but I believe she even admits that she and/or her husband might have reconsidered getting married if they had known about his cancer coming back.  I think Anthony did find out right before the wedding, and revealed it (or at least his suspicions) on their honeymoon.  The way she described the early part of their relationship was always interesting to me...it didn't seem like a big LOVE AFFAIR.  They was clearly attraction from the start but she also makes it sound like they kind of fell into things, and that maybe he was the one who was all, "Hey, let's get married," and it surprised her.  My recollection is a little foggy, but that was my take-away. 

Carols says in her book that they knew he had cancer before they married but that Anthony reassured her that he beat it before and would do so again. She didn't know the full truth about the type of cancer he had (he down played it) and only after finding out the truth (it is terminal) does she question if she still would have married him knowing it but also couldn't divorce him at that point either. It didn't help that at first Anthony responded to treatment really well, never getting sick from the meds/treatments or even looking ill, he never missed a beat the first couple of years.

I do think she had an epiphany with the cat experience but I am not sure that she will or even wants to make any changes in herself as a result of it.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Except that Sonja didn't had anything to do with it, just like she had nothing to do with the name. This is all Peter's/real partner's idea/doing. Sonja is only the paid "face/spokesperson" for the wine and nothing more, kinda of like SJ is for that wine. Even Carole, Bethenny's BFF, acknowledge that Sonja just saw this as an opportunity to make some easy money/paycheck and never thought about Bethenny/SKG at all. Now that does not excuse Peter/real partner from them being copycats several times and I do hope they get caught/taken to the cleaners over this. LOL

Let's see if the next painting (or any advertisements at all) will have Sonja as the "face" of Tipsy Girl.  That is, if it ever actually makes it to market.   ;-)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, njbchlover said:

Let's see if the next painting (or any advertisements at all) will have Sonja as the "face" of Tipsy Girl.  That is, if it ever actually makes it to market.   ;-)

As of now, Sonja is still on the TG FB page. I am sure that even if she regrets signing on with them, she is too afraid to back out now because of her loss in the Studio lawsuit/BK judgement against her.  https://www.facebook.com/Tipsy-Girl-147816652241994/

• Love 4
(edited)
22 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Go to them for what?  What are you doing to them?  I don't understand any of this.  My gawd when people divorce they aren't entitled to a tail on their ex-but dinner companions, a one night stand?  You and Luann are adults, what do you want from either of them?  She asked Tom, he said he and Ramona had just been out to dinner-same thing Ramona said. Sonja and Ramona should have taken the high road instead of trying to play up a very tired old storyline. You do realize Sonja's story was pretty well unraveled by the end of the night, last night.  I think the women had agreed to stop feeding Sonja's delusions.  No more P Diddy, Madonna, yachts and the like.  I think when it is entertaining for them they want Sonja to cough up some delusion, when it comes down to taking her word for it-they go to the source-like Andy did with P Diddy, Luann did with Tom.  He had obviously shared with Luann he had previously had sex with Sonja.

I'd go to them for a couple of reasons.

One, I don't start sleeping with men my friends are seeing, or have recently been seeing, without at least giving them a head's up, if not a much more likely "Would it bother you if I see him, I think I really like him?"

Also, because I'd like to know what they know about this dude.

Tom is not P Diddy or even famous or rich, so I honestly do not understand you continually bringing him  up as someone comparable to a guy who apparently stalks and bags RHoNY and has from the first season. 

He was currently seeing Sonja.  I think Luann knew it.  I think she also knew he'd been with Ramona recently since we all knew, it was in all the tabloids.

I am pretty free sexually, but I don't go after friend's or coworker's men.  I just don't.  It's icky.

I remember being hit on by a guy, super cute, French, but he had dated a very good friend of mine recently.  I told him no, he charmingly insisted and I was very interested.  I told him I would check with her before anything would happen.  I did check with her, and her mouth said 'sure, whatever' but her eyes said "OMG."  The next few hours were denials, tears, an argument, and finally lots of laughter and hugs and "no man is worth this, do what you want" and "no man is worth this, keep him" and finally we both decided not to see the guy for a while.  After a few weeks I told her this was a waste of a good guy and she could keep him, she agreed it was a waste and resumed their affair with my blessing.

I don't call it "girl code" I just call it common sense and having a sense of my own priorities.

Edited by Umbelina
the recently part
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

I would never had noticed this if so many people didn't bring it up. It doesn't bother me. What does bother me is her continuing to refer to herself as a girl. It is one thing to do it amongst your friends but to put it in writing in a book forward or whatever the hell that was. Please stop. I just think after years in journalism at a prestigious broadcast company, triple tragedies and a NY Times best seller, Carole has beyond earned the privilege to refer to herself as a woman. 

Hate to ask but kinda wondering, is Sonja's assistant Alex transitioning?

I never noticed it either, the 'kih'en' thing. But, I found out it's because I pronounce it very much the same way. "I adopted my little kih'n because I was smih'n but her claws scratched me so now I wear a mih'n....and so, it's been wrih'n."

Carole seems to imagine herself as the eternal ingenue, sophisticated and youthful. She refers to herself as a girl yet in her common sense brain she says she has only five summers to give to Adam. I don't know if Sonja's assistant Alex is transitioning or not but he's certainly dressing as a trans-gender. Sexual reassignment surgery is very expensive. I don't think Sonja pays him a salaray high enough to afford it yet. He actually does look like he and Sonja could be related, sisters even.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I don't think I have ever heard Adam speak for an extended amount of time or I just wasn't paying attention to him on screen (my monies on the latter) but damn his voice grates on my nerves. Sounds like a lazy lethargic hippy with an advanced case of mono.  It is awful! His NYC kitchen is nice though and I have that same blender - AWESOME! but expensive.

Dorinda throwing Ramona under the bus and saying she pick a better team was some old bullshit. Not because Dorinda was wrong but because Dorinda also picked a better team - Bethenny. Bitch straight up chose B twice over Sonja. All with the excuse of her good heart and looking out for Sonja. Slurry please.

Dorinda hand and arm gestures at the table were RIDICULOUS. At one point it looked like she was doing a praying mantis impersonation. I've heard of talking with your hands but Dorinda could take out someone's eye with her elbow they way she wildly and weirdly gesticulates.

Carole STFU! 

B's man wants to marry her? Be nice if he bothered to divorce the current wife he has. Also,  is he dumb or just stupid. Seriously, he has been married for close to 30 years, for goodness sake date some more.  Why jump str8 into the bony arms of despair and misery that is Bethanny.  Her front end game must be amazing to dupe dudes into thinking she is warm and loving and capable of a healthy relationship. 

Danger Countess Luanne. Danger! I'd love for Tom to be the real deal but it isn't looking good but I also have to consider the source - Sonja and worst of all Ramona. Lu does indeed seem giddy on love! I don't see how a single man flirting on the show years and years ago can be used as an indictment of anything. I don't believe either B or Ramona are happy for her. They would love to have Lu be embarrassed by him continuing to allegedly whore around. 

How funny is it that Tom is called a player, playing the field by B but Lu is the slut whore.  That is the problem B. There is no negative connotation ever on Tom's activities by any of the women but they drag Lu for being sexually free. She has never slut shamed any woman about sex or poked in their business about sex so I don't see how she is a hypocrite. Lu just admitted to playing in the same field but of course, B and her flying monkey Carole will continue to call her a hypocrite liar face about it.

Do you think it's because LuAnn called Carol a pefophile?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I'd go to them for a couple of reasons.

One, I don't start sleeping with men my friends are seeing, or have recently been seeing, without at least giving them a head's up, if not a much more likely "Would it bother you if I see him, I think I really like him?"

Also, because I'd like to know what they know about this dude.

Tom is not P Diddy or even famous or rich, so I honestly do not understand you continually bringing him  up as someone comparable to a guy who apparently stalks and bags RHoNY and has from the first season. 

He was currently seeing Sonja.  I think Luann knew it.  I think she also knew he'd been with Ramona recently since we all knew, it was in all the tabloids.

I am pretty free sexually, but I don't go after friend's or coworker's men.  I just don't.  It's icky.

I remember being hit on by a guy, super cute, French, but he had dated a very good friend of mine recently.  I told him no, he charmingly insisted and I was very interested.  I told him I would check with her before anything would happen.  I did check with her, and her mouth said 'sure, whatever' but her eyes said "OMG."  The next few hours were denials, tears, an argument, and finally lots of laughter and hugs and "no man is worth this, do what you want" and "no man is worth this, keep him" and finally we both decided not to see the guy for a while.  After a few weeks I told her this was a waste of a good guy and she could keep him, she agreed it was a waste and resumed their affair with my blessing.

I don't call it "girl code" I just call it common sense and having a sense of my own priorities.

I am trying to make this work because I think the joke has gone stale with RH connecting who use to go out with who.

So Luann approaches Ramona, at best someone Ramona hates, and says to her, "would it bother you if I went out with Tom, who you had dinner with two months ago?"  If Ramona says, yes the follow up questions would be, "why " and " how long before it doesn't bother you?" 

I bring up P Diddy not because he bags RH, it is a delusion Sonja worked up when she tries to make herself more important or relevant than she is.  Through Luann, Tom tweeted last night and said, "one night stand, with Sonja."  And it wasn't while he was seeing Luann.  So if Sonja knew him for 10 years and all of a sudden, when Luann and Ramona are relevant with him, she speaks of a relationship, Tom claims doesn't exist.  If Ramona was truly bothered by it-why did she wait for Bethenny to address it?  It was show material plain and simple because there is just not a rational expectation for a dinner date from two months ago should be checking in for permission. 

Dating is not some kind of team sport , some of these women are looking for lasting relationships.  I would not want some man checking with a guy I had dinner with to see if it was okay to ask me out-regardless of whether or not they were co-workers or friends.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Exactly!!  I don't know if it was producer manipulation (telling Luann one arrival time and Bethenny a later arrival) or if Bethenny was really just running late because of her health issues, but that, right there, put Luann in control of the situation.  Luann was waiting for Bethenny, which gave her the upper hand right from the start.

As per Dorinda, B shows up late and leaves early in all the hws scenes. Diva spends just *enough* time for filming obligations and she's OUT. 

• Love 8

Different strokes.  I don't like sleeping with my friend's left overs, unless I've made sure they have no problem with that, and more importantly, that their relationships are really over.

Men are easy to find, especially for sex.  Friends of many years are much more valuable to me.  Obviously, your mileage varies zoeysmom. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, snowblossom2 said:

I don't think Lu was rude to Bethenny re: her bleeding. She asked follow up questions and B was the one to switch topics and asked Lu a question 

I think like anything, there was no way Lu could have acted that Bethenny would have deemed "right" or, heaven forbid, made B happy.  If Lu had asked questions or been solicitous, B would have told her to back off and mind her own business.  B (and Carole) are to the, "Look at that bitch eating crackers" stage with Lu and Lu knows it so she doesn't waste any time worrying about how she communicates with them.

• Love 10

I am very surprised to learn that way over here in a suburb of Detroit, I knew about Ramona dating Tom while Lu did not. I am surprised that several of us discussed it here last September, just 6 weeks or so before they began filming. Just about 8 weeks before Thanksgiving. And yet still Lu didn't know about it.  I wouldn't think that I would know something about Ramona that Lu doesn't know. What with their circle being so small and all. Honestly, is there anyone that believes Lu when she says she had no idea that Ramona and Tom had dated? Just the fact that she would lie about something like this is strange to me. And Dorinda didn't know either? She is good friends with both Ramona and Tom, but didn't know there was press about them going out. This whole deal doesn't smell right to me. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3240662/Ramona-Singer-dating-New-York-business-Mogul-Thomas-D-Agostino-Jr-catching-estranged-husband-cheating.html

• Love 12
6 hours ago, HumblePi said:

I'm suspicious of Luann and Tom. I also find her 'giddiness' and over the top emotions just a little too disingenuous. Are we really expected to believe that this guy Tom actually dated Sonja after meeting and falling hopelessly in love with Luann?  Sorry, I can't buy that. I have a suspicion that this is Bravo and Luann's concocted story line intended to bring more Luann drama to the plot. Imagine if 'poor Luann' gets jilted or finds out that Tom has been telling other women how much he loves them and bla-ble-blu? It's just not feeling right to me and I don't trust Luann one bit when she claims to have found her 'soulmate', how cheesy. Quoting Luann; 'Tom told me that he ''hooked up'' with Sonja, so I think it was a bit of the wham-bam-thank- you-ma'am kind of story,' Luann giggled on camera. 'Y'know - quick in and out.'  Is this REALLY the man that Luann feels is her soulmate? A guy that has sex with any woman just for sex?  He did that with Sonja after he met Luann. (Big red flag there)

Agree, and why is Lu so willing to give up the Countess title now? The title that has defined her for years? I don't believe Lu and Tom are for real at all. It's all for a story line. That's why so many of us feel that her giddy school girl act is so weird, so off and so fake. What a dreadful actress she is. It's almost as if she's embarrassed to have to act like this but knows it's part of the story so she has to really lay it on thick. It's as fake as the season she was so in love with Jacque that she was desperately going to doctors to see if there was a chance she could get pregnant and give him a baby at 50. Yea, I know Janet Jackson did it at 50 but Lu had no intention. I don't think she has an authentic bone in her body.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ElDosEquis said:

A D+C is an outpatient procedure and some women are up and at 'em the day after - IF Methenny was 'bleeding all over the place' the smart thing to do would have been to go to the ER and she would have been admitted right then and there and had the procedure done that night or the next day.  Instead? She's out and about - IF you are hemorrhaging that badly, you wouldn't be riding about, complaining about it to your pals. (I think that Meth was a little jealous SHE couldn't wear white in her condition?)

It's really not that simple.  I'm not sure why you assume she's not being treated by a doctor.  She said the first step had been removing the IUD - which is done in a physician's office.  She also said she was going back to her MD the next morning.  If she did end up having fibroids, a simple outpatient D&C would not have left her up and at 'em and back to normal the next day.  I'm not sure if the point is you think she's lying, but I think it was clear she felt pretty bad, and reports indicate she really had a medical issue.  

• Love 10