Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: Gone Fishing

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Harperlee1 said:

I agree with this. My son would've thought what Jace did was hilarious, and so would his little friends. At that age, boogers and poop and farts are funny for boys.

And girls, too!   You ought to see my 8 year old and my 6.5 year old daughters laugh about this stuff!  They love to talk farts and poop at this age, and boogers are a close second.  So count me in that camp that thinks it's unfair to label Jace that way.  He's acting like a regular kid would at this age.

P.S.  that entire boat scene with the Evans / Eason bunch?  Was scary as all horror to me.  I actually thought Kaiser was going to fall overboard a couple of times, with the way he was positioned so close to the edge of the boat.  And whoever (several posts up) said that the lake looked like a spot that Uncle Dave would bury Jenelle's body in the future?  Spot on.  His entire demeanor during that boat/picnic scene chilled me to the bone.

• Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I think Javi's reaction to the miscarriage was the final nail in the coffin of their marriage.  I wouldn't want to get pregnant by him again either after that.  What a douchebag.

No freaking joke!! He can take puta Papi labia lips and get off my tv screen!! I hope we don't have to look at his face much longer. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, Tatum said:

In all fairness, someone self centered can still be into some freaky shit, which I am pretty sure Adam is.

Eh, freaky in bed still doesn't equal a decent sexual partner. Just because he (might) pull some exotic tricks out of his hat doesn't mean Adam isn't as selfish a lover as he is a selfish everything else. I doubt he truly cares what his partner is getting out of it as long as he gets his. 

• Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Eh, freaky in bed still doesn't equal a decent sexual partner. Just because he (might) pull some exotic tricks out of his hat doesn't mean Adam isn't as selfish a lover as he is a selfish everything else. I doubt he truly cares what his partner is getting out of it as long as he gets his. 

That's what I was getting at. To me, freak in bed means you like to do some stuff that is maybe unusual. It doesn't necessarily mean you are good in the sack. So someone could be selfish and still into some kinky stuff.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Chicken Wing said:

Am I the only one who thinks Cole is probably a freak in bed? :)

Wouldn't it be hilarious if he dropped about 10 octaves in the bedroom and busted out the "SAY MY NAME!!!!" shit, getting all freaky?

I could see it.  Mwah ha ha.

• Love 16

Did anyone else notice Javi was sportin' one of Maci's TTM shirts?  Anything is better than shirtless, but I found it amusing that he was promoting another TM's crappy shirt line while supposedly discussing divorce with Kail for the first time.  It sort of brought home the fact that the whole TM television empire is not only scripted and rehearsed, but also a vehicle to sell whatever crap any of the participants are pushing. 

http://www.ttmlifestyle.com/mens-wear-new-products

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Re: david vs nathan. I think nathan was the scariest last season when he had supposedly left out of town and unexpectedly  walked into the house when jenelle was laying on the couch talking to her friend. He had such anger within him during that time. He was lashing out at her with such hatred that i actually felt sorry for her. I remember thinking "this guy is gonna kill her. "

So far, david hasn't made me feel that scared. He's been pretty chill with her. 

Like other posters have mentioned, David's anger isn't as obvious as Nathan's. It's more of a quiet, seething rage. When they were driving and he was bitching about Barb, his eyes were scary angry. Like your veins turn to ice angry. True he hasn't blow up yet (that we've seen), but when he does...I am scared what it will look like. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Mkay said:

She admitted that she had. A few times. She said something about not wanting to share everything.  One of them was a semi famous. It was mentioned he was in the public eye.  

http://www.wetpaint.com/chelsea-houska-new-famous-boyfriend-826493/

Thank you.  I knew one of them had admitted on a reunion show that she was hiding her boyfriend(s) from the camera. 

And actually, I couldn't figure out how to edit my post when I remembered that she had spent all that time having occasional sex (I just can't use "hooking up") with Adam, and wasn't looking to date for that reason.  That's not exactly an introspective attempt at a reset of her life.

3 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

But for 4-5 years, [Chelsea] hadn't moved on and was all about Adam. Chelsea is picky, I think that's why it took her so long to move on, tbh.

I am just trying to wrap my head around someone who is picky having a hard time moving on from...Adam.  Seems to me it's the opposite.

• Love 6

I would think Chelsea would have an easy time attracting guys with looks, but I don't think many would stay around long because of the desperate vibe she gives out. I can imagine on like the third date, she would be saying, "are you sure you want to go on date 4? Are you suuuuuuure? Are you gonna dump me? Do you think we could be in a relationship sooooon? When we get married, how many babeeeeez do you want?" I think this vibe would turn most guys off, no matter how hot they found her or how much they wanted to be on tv. And guys with a shred of decency would see how badly she wanted to complete her family, get scared of maybe hurting her on down the line, and bail. 

I think Cole was the first decent guy who wasn't bothered by this neediness, probably because it sounds like he hasn't dated much. And Chelsea wanted to hold out for someone decent, because she made the mistake of falling for a bad boy once, and really didn't want it to happen again. Finally a good guy came along who wasn't scared off, and that was basically what she needed. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, lezlers said:

Of course not.  But considering Barbara acts the same way as Jenelle with the constant screaming and going from zero to eleven in 60 seconds flat with no attempts whatsoever to shield Jace from it, yeah, I'm going to go ahead and draw that logical conclusion.  There's also the fact that all three of Barbara's children have severe issues.   That's one hell of a coincidence.

And I said drama with Jenelle is her drug.  I'm very well aware that Jenelle is her child.  Can't miss it.

We can safely assume that Jenelle's use of yelling and screaming to communicate comes from Barbara.  But to blame the mother for all of Jenelle's issues isn't fair.  There are a lot of contributing factors that go into how well an adult with do in life.  Mental illness, poverty, poor education, coming home to an empty home, no father or an abusive parent - all can negatively affect a child.

And what about their father?  He was physically abusive and didn't support his family.  It's not as simple as blaming Barb for everything. 

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, Lemons said:

We can safely assume that Jenelle's use of yelling and screaming to communicate comes from Barbara.  But to blame the mother for all of Jenelle's issues isn't fair.  There are a lot of contributing factors that go into how well an adult with do in life.  Mental illness, poverty, poor education, coming home to an empty home, no father or an abusive parent - all can negatively affect a child.

And what about their father?  He was physically abusive and didn't support his family.  It's not as simple as blaming Barb for everything. 

Reasonable minds can differ.  I know we certainly do about Adam and his awesome parenting.  I think Barb is very largely to blame for Jenelle's behavior.  It's an explanation, not an excuse.  Jenelle still carries plenty of blame for the horrible person she has become, but that doesn't mean her upbringing doesn't play a large part in her adult interactions with people.  Are there possibly other reasons for the fact that she's now a terrible human being?  Of course.  Life is neither simple nor black and white.  But it's pretty obvious, to me, that Jenelle is the way she is largely due to her upbringing. 

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Reasonable minds can differ.  I know we certainly do about Adam and his awesome parenting.  I think Barb is very largely to blame for Jenelle's behavior.  It's an explanation, not an excuse.  Jenelle still carries plenty of blame for the horrible person she has become, but that doesn't mean her upbringing doesn't play a large part in her adult interactions with people.  Are there possibly other reasons for the fact that she's now a terrible human being?  Of course.  Life is neither simple nor black and white.  But it's pretty obvious, to me, that Jenelle is the way she is largely due to her upbringing. 

I agree.  I think Barb made her and now has to deal with the monster she made.  I think that Jenelle's upbringing was made WAY worse by having MTV come into her life, her fans and having no consequences for her behavior, but those things didn't create her, Barb did.  I also think it is telling that Barb's other kids have had their problems as well.  One baby apple....fine...but the whole bunch???  Maybe it's not just random and maybe it's Barb and how she raises her children.  

And let's be real...while she is a million times better than Jenelle at taking care of Jace, she is still doing things that are going to be damaging to him long term.  

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 2
(edited)
16 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

I agree.  I think Barb made her and now has to deal with the monster she made.  I think that Jenelle's upbringing was made WAY worse by having MTV come into her life, her fans and having no consequences for her behavior, but those things didn't create her, Barb did.  I also think it is telling that Barb's other kids have had their problems as well.  One baby apple....fine...but the whole bunch???  Maybe it's not just random and maybe it's Barb and how she raises her children.  

And let's be real...while she is a million times better than Jenelle at taking care of Jace, she is still doing things that are doing to be damaging to him long term.  

EXACTLY.  That's the main "evidence" from which I draw my conclusion.  One messed up kid?  Okay, it happens.  All three?  Something fucked up is happening in that home.  And we clearly see her emotionally damaging Jace on the regular.  Threatening to kick him out when he's misbehaving at what, five years old?  My son is four and I can't even imagine him thinking I'd kick him out of his home without wanting to cry.  Who says that to a small child?  Getting in screaming matches with his mother in front of him?  Continuing to drop him off to see his messed up mother and obviously unsafe boyfriend despite knowing he's just playing video games by himself the whole time while they sleep all day and complain about him being there? 

Yup, sounds like mother of the year, right there.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 4

Chelsea and Cole remind me of a girl and her gay BFF who decided to set up house and live as a couple. Idk, everyone sees things differently but to me they come across more like siblings than romantic partners. If it works for them great, but do I think they'll be bored in five years? Probably.

• Love 17
(edited)
8 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Chelsea probably needs it that way.  I can sort of understand it.  Adam was probably blowing her dumb little young mind with the sex.  She couldn't get away from it. Its like that a lot of times with bad boy assholes.  You know they hate you, but damn the sex is good.  Cole looks to me like regular ole, run of the mill, stress free sex.  After the hurricane of Adam, the calm that is Cole is certainly very welcoming to Chels.

So crazy spot on. 

And, FWIW, I bet Cole is fantastic in bed. He seems like someone who would make sure his girl gets off. Adumb is the poster boy for someone who gets in, gets off and rolls over and goes to sleep. Chelsea probably never realized at the time that that wasn't great sex. 

Edited by ivgotspirit02
  • Love 16
(edited)

Jenelle was definitely affected by her mom, but ironically far more by her absentee abusive father. She'll be looking for 'him' for quite a while in other abusive men.

No matter how awful she is, she didn't deserve that weight comment from despicable Nathan. Nobody deserves to be verbally abused. Although I did laugh at "How MUCH pounds did you gain?"

He seriously looks like he's on steroids or something. That hair is not normal. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6

I just don't see a big problem with Chelsea and Cole. I think their relationship is one of the most normal relationships I've seen on this franchise. Maybe that's why people think they're boring because it's pretty normal.

I think he just kind of goes along with her dumb voices - they're young and in love and he probably thinks it is kind of cute and it's their thing.

I will take these two any day over Kail, Leah, Jenelle and their flavors of the month!

• Love 24
On June 7, 2016 at 9:23 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Then I have to wonder why she went to therapy (or rehab, as I believe Corey termed it).  Seems like if it was just a matter of the meds being too strong, she'd have the dosage adjusted, and if it was a matter of taking too many, she's stop taking too many.  Unless she couldn't.

There is a chance that she may have gone for counseling, some kind of inpatient thing. Rehab can have a lot of different meanings. I think she was overwhelmed. 3 kids & twiced divorced at her age. I know it was her fault that these things happened- but that doesn't make things any less overwhelming. 

People go to drug rehab for different reasons, it doesn't always have to do with getting high. Some people get to where they can't sleep without their meds. She could've gotten used to using her anxiety meds & had a hard time functioning without them. mean, she could have gone to rehab because she liked the high she felt.....I don't know how you can enjoy a high when you're that tired- that's why I don't think she was using opiates, i think it was anxiety meds & I don't think she bought the drugs off the street. Not that it makes it any better. It could've been that her dose was too high- but she waited for a bit to get it lowered because she did like how she felt. I don't know, she just don't seem like an addict. I do have some experience in this kind of thing- but I could be wrong.

• Love 3

Barbara is probably to blame for yelling and screaming. Jenelle's father was abusive. That can fuck a kid up seeing your dad beat on your mom. On top of that Barbara moved across the country with three kids working a minimum wage job. Barley making it. 

The whole damn family needs therapy. But Barb didn't put a needle in Jenelle's arm. She didn't get Jenelle pregnant. She didn't send Jenelle to jail 50 times. She didn't force men into Jenelle's life. That's all on Jenelle. Jenelle's childhood issues is on Barb and her ex husband. Jenelle's adult issues is with Jenelle.  

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Darknight said:

Barbara is probably to blame for yelling and screaming. Jenelle's father was abusive. That can fuck a kid up seeing your dad beat on your mom. On top of that Barbara moved across the country with three kids working a minimum wage job. Barley making it. 

The whole damn family needs therapy. But Barb didn't put a needle in Jenelle's arm. She didn't get Jenelle pregnant. She didn't send Jenelle to jail 50 times. She didn't force men into Jenelle's life. That's all on Jenelle. Jenelle's childhood issues is on Barb and her ex husband. Jenelle's adult issues is with Jenelle.  

I agree so much to this. Years ago I saw on Dr. Phil (go ahead and judge, I would...) he telling a young lady that at some point in her life she isn't able to always blame her parents for the mistakes she makes. She is now old enough to make decisions, get help, and change. This is what I think about Jenelle. Sure, her home life growing up was (likely) hell, but she is an adult now with two young boys. She needs to own up to her decisions now and the life she is making for herself. 

• Love 13

"Chelsea marks milestones with Aubree...."

I know this is sounds like a stupid question, but what milestone are they referring to?  Some missing teeth and a loose tooth?

I would love to see an interview with Jenelle's father.  That would be a doozy.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, anarchyangel84 said:

There is a chance that she may have gone for counseling, some kind of inpatient thing. Rehab can have a lot of different meanings. I think she was overwhelmed. 3 kids & twiced divorced at her age. I know it was her fault that these things happened- but that doesn't make things any less overwhelming. 

People go to drug rehab for different reasons, it doesn't always have to do with getting high. Some people get to where they can't sleep without their meds. She could've gotten used to using her anxiety meds & had a hard time functioning without them. mean, she could have gone to rehab because she liked the high she felt.....I don't know how you can enjoy a high when you're that tired- that's why I don't think she was using opiates, i think it was anxiety meds & I don't think she bought the drugs off the street. Not that it makes it any better. It could've been that her dose was too high- but she waited for a bit to get it lowered because she did like how she felt. I don't know, she just don't seem like an addict. I do have some experience in this kind of thing- but I could be wrong.

How do you explain her sitting in parking lots with her girlses until nearly midnight, dragging them in the house and literally forcing them in a tub and cooking them dinner at 11at night when they have school the next day?  Or not able to get them to school at all or on time more often than not?  Why do you think she lost primary custody of her girlses for a while? Judges don't do that for fun, especially where Leah is from. That's the behavior of a drug addict.  And you can ABSOLUTELY be addicted to drugs you're prescribed if you don't take them correctly.  

And opiates can absolutely make you tired and sleepy.  It's right there on the label of any opiate prescription bottle.  

Of COURSE Leah had/has a drug problem.  It couldn't be more obvious.

• Love 16
52 minutes ago, Farmfam said:

I agree so much to this. Years ago I saw on Dr. Phil (go ahead and judge, I would...) he telling a young lady that at some point in her life she isn't able to always blame her parents for the mistakes she makes. She is now old enough to make decisions, get help, and change. This is what I think about Jenelle. Sure, her home life growing up was (likely) hell, but she is an adult now with two young boys. She needs to own up to her decisions now and the life she is making for herself. 

I don't disagree with this at all.  Like I said in my post, I think Barbara is likely to blame for how Jenelle interacts with people, but her childhood is an explanation not an excuse.  But just because someone becomes of age doesn't make their entire formative years disappear.  Trauma that occurs while your brain is developing tends to stick with you.  That's why she should have been in intensive therapy a LONG time ago. Mtv fame is the WORST thing that could've happened to her.

• Love 3

I think I may be the only one to say or think this (apparently - after reading six pages, I think I am!) but when Jenelle talked to Jace about what was going on, I actually thought it was a brief moment of good parenting.  Maybe through-the-freaky-damaged-narcissistic-asshole-Jenelle-looking-glass good parenting, maybe Jenelle-manipulating-a-kid good parenting, but if Jenelle and Barb and Jenelle's XY-chromosome-haver-of-the-moment are going to have fights in the car out loud on speakerphone with each other all the time about this, holy crap is it important for Jace that someone or multiple someones talk to him about it, not just to explain it (he has to have figured some of it out, and realized that many of his friends don't live with their grandma and visit their mom) but to normalize "this is a thing we can talk about and not a horrible daydream freakshow secret you have to pretend didn't just happen."  If it were me, I would have done it differently, made it more about him, given him room to say what he understands, correct any huge misimpressions, remind him that he is loved by both his mom and his grandma and they're all trying to do their best for him, etc. etc.  But who are we kidding here?  It's Jenelle.  But still: talking to him about it is better than not.  And not explaining it exactly with color glossy photos of Jenelle injecting herself with circles and arrows on the back?  Ok by me.   Just like Call of Duty, the story of how he came to be under Barb's guardianship is not for 1rst graders.  A pretty bland version, and more or less the one Janelle told, is "I couldn't take care of you, Meme could."  She did a lot wrong there but I still think it was closer to parenting than I've seen her do before.

Also, w/r/t Kail, I think that divorce conversation was cold because they had the warm (blazing) real ones off camera.  When the MTV team got there for the week of filming and they asked Kail "well, what's up since we last spoke" and Kail said "well, Javi and I have agreed to divorce" then they said "ok, we need footage of you talking about that."  Next time Javi called to talk to his kids, Kail sent them upstairs and said to him "ok, let's discuss the divorce" and he was like "ok, I'm also eating a sandwich" and she was like "oh, cheese or meat?" and he was like "hey, ok, so we'll get divorced."  Not shocked it was dispassionate and weird, because talking about your divorce after the screaming for people to watch later on TV is less passionate and way more weird.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, lezlers said:

How do you explain her sitting in parking lots with her girlses until nearly midnight, dragging them in the house and literally forcing them in a tub and cooking them dinner at 11at night when they have school the next day?  Or not able to get them to school at all or on time more often than not?  Why do you think she lost primary custody of her girlses for a while? Judges don't do that for fun, especially where Leah is from. That's the behavior of a drug addict.  And you can ABSOLUTELY be addicted to drugs you're prescribed if you don't take them correctly.  

And opiates can absolutely make you tired and sleepy.  It's right there on the label of any opiate prescription bottle.  

Of COURSE Leah had/has a drug problem.  It couldn't be more obvious.

Or how about nodding off while sitting upright holding a baby? Or sitting upright at work talking nonsensically about dye in babies' heads? Or Jeremy complaining that thousands of dollars was removed from their accounts monthly for which Leah had no explanation? Or Leah constantly complaining how fatigued she is, when she has ONE child at home, no job, and plenty of people to help with the childcare?

There could be some crazy, convoluted explanation for all the above that doesn't involve drug abuse. Or you know, she could just be abusing her pain pills.

My theory is this- I think by the time Addie came around, Leah and Jeremy were already having issues. They'd been distracted for the last year by weddings (multiple ones of their own), buying a new house, pregnancy, etc, and after the birth of Addie, along with sleepless nights, hormones, and all the other challenges of life with a newborn, their situation came to a head. You've got a guy who married a girl he was infatuated with, not in love with, and that fades. You've got a girl who needs constant attention, and I would bet Jeremy's main selling point for Leah was how much he liked her, not how much she liked him. So, his reason for being with her is fading, and her reason for being with him is fading as a result, and they have a third child now added to the mix. I would bet Leah realized (possibly accidentally) that doubling her pain med dose gave her a pleasant high. I would bet she got a refill from her doctor until she couldn't get anymore, then started inventing other reasons for needing pills. Then doctor shopping. Then buying them from friends or acquaintances. And continuing to up her dosage as her body adjusts to the pills. Slippery slope and all.

Leah has displayed her horrible judgment and non existent coping skills since her first day of filming at age 17. After using guys as a crutch for what ailed her through her teens, is it really that surprising she would turn to pain meds?

• Love 11

I stayed up too late last night watching the rerun of this episode.  I'm still horrified by  Uncle Dave's comments about Kaiser.  Poor Kaiser, if Jenelle had spent any time with Jace when he was that age, she'd have known that he wasn't going to sit still and be quiet on the boat.  I feel for Jace and Maryssa too.  They've learned to sit still, be quiet, and hope the wrath doesn't turn on them.  That water wings thing Kaiser was wearing looked so uncomfortable.  Poor kid was probably trying to say, "I can't get my arms down!"

I'm actually going to agree with Leah about one thing.  It is important for Addy to spend time with her sisters.  I hope she's realizes that it's equally important for Remi to spend time with them. What the Hell was Leah wearing?   Her top looked like the vest from an old polyester women's power suit.

• Love 11

Leah looked borderline anorexic to me in this episode.  I wonder if the custody stress is getting to her, or maybe the pillses.  That bbq party looked downright depressing, including the s'mores machine on the ground.  She had a whole menagerie of strange outfits on in this episode, especially the crop-top vest thing.  Made me miss the gray Under Armour hoodie that she normally lives in.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

"Chelsea marks milestones with Aubree...."

I know this is sounds like a stupid question, but what milestone are they referring to?  Some missing teeth and a loose tooth?

I would love to see an interview with Jenelle's father.  That would be a doozy.

It isn't a lot, but there are a couple of quotes from her dad in there...

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jenelle-evans-parents-father-robert/

Doesn't know how to get a hold of her.  LOL.  Just means he can't be bothered enough to try. 

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

It isn't a lot, but there are a couple of quotes from her dad in there...

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/jenelle-evans-parents-father-robert/

Doesn't know how to get a hold of her.  LOL.  Just means he can't be bothered enough to try. 

Yeah....like these girls who make their money off of advertising their lives are difficult to reach. lol

Jenelle really has no idea about age-appropriate activities. Of course a baby doesn't want to be confined to a boat. But that blows the photo opportunity to show what good parents she and Uncle Dave are - just like him asking of the kids were buckled up. Like they care about passenger safety. We've already seen footage of both his daughter and Jace with no seatbelts on.

It would have been easy enough for them to take Kaiser on a quick trip out on the water and then bring him back for someone to entertain him running around and exploring and then just have the older kids fish.

But what do you expect when you have a couple of dipshits who think COD is appropriate for first graders? And I am a mom to two boys who play COD but not as 6 year olds!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Phoebe70 said:

That bbq party looked downright depressing, including the s'mores machine on the ground.

Leah continues to find new ways to feed her children on the floor.

• Love 15

Jenelle's problems can't be boiled down to one factor. Genetic mental illness, childhood homelessness and continuing trauma, dysfunctional verbally abusive mother, abusive absentee dad, addiction, MTV, fame, series of fucked up moocher boyfriends, teen pregnancy, Daddy issues, sudden money after a life of poverty, generational trauma, lack of coping skills, lack of education, lack of self worth, and plain old assholery. All are involved. 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, lidarose9 said:

Leah continues to find new ways to feed her children on the floor.

LOL, so true. Don't bother to build a real fire and let the kids get the true experience of making smores. Just grab something from the "As Seen on TV" aisle and get it over with as quickly as possible. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I didn't even know s'mores machines were a thing. Who says you can't learn something new from watching TM?

She most likely found the machine in the As Seen on TV aisle at CVS while waiting for a refill of her pillses. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I didn't even know s'mores machines were a thing. Who says you can't learn something new from watching TM?

I actually have one of these. Mine looks a lot like what is used to serve "Pu Pu Platters" at Chinese restaurants (and I've used mine for both s'mores and for serving Chinese appetizers). Mine is round, and spins like a turntable. In the center is a burner fueled by a small can of sterno. Around the perimeter are three ceramic dishes - one for the graham crackers, one for marshmallows, and one for chocolate. Now why would I use one of these? Well, for one thing if you live in New England like I do, and get a craving for s'mores in the middle of February when there's two feet of snow on the ground and it's 30° F outside, it's a lot easier than, let's say, shoveling a path to the grill. It's fun to get it out and use it when you're watching a movie (and easier than standing over your gas stove) because everyone can make their own. BUT...in the summer, when you're already using the grill, it simply doesn't make sense to use it.

I do make homemade egg rolls, hibachi beef and chicken strips, and also spare ribs (these are typical Pu Pu Platter offerings), and they fit nicely in the ceramic dishes too (and allow diners to heat them up over the burner, just like at a restaurant). It looks cool in the middle of the table to serve the appetizer portion of a themed Chinese meal.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Was Chelsea being picky, or just having a hard time finding an adult male who could listen to that baby talk without wanting to strangle her after a couple of hours?

A mature adult would look past something as insignificant as a voice and see the person inside. It's only immature dolts who would be so put off by a great person simply because of her voice.  

It's a voice!  It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I actually have one of these. Mine looks a lot like what is used to serve "Pu Pu Platters" at Chinese restaurants (and I've used mine for both s'mores and for serving Chinese appetizers). Mine is round, and spins like a turntable. In the center is a burner fueled by a small can of sterno. Around the perimeter are three ceramic dishes - one for the graham crackers, one for marshmallows, and one for chocolate. Now why would I use one of these? Well, for one thing if you live in New England like I do, and get a craving for s'mores in the middle of February when there's two feet of snow on the ground and it's 30° F outside, it's a lot easier than, let's say, shoveling a path to the grill. It's fun to get it out and use it when you're watching a movie (and easier than standing over your gas stove) because everyone can make their own. BUT...in the summer, when you're already using the grill, it simply doesn't make sense to use it.

I do make homemade egg rolls, hibachi beef and chicken strips, and also spare ribs (these are typical Pu Pu Platter offerings), and they fit nicely in the ceramic dishes too (and allow diners to heat them up over the burner, just like at a restaurant). It looks cool in the middle of the table to serve the appetizer portion of a themed Chinese meal.

So.....we're all invited for dinner tonight, right?   :D

• Love 6

Chelsea's baby voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I physically cringe. I agree that it is a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but I would find it a complete turn-off.

Leah admitted to opiate abuse in a scene on the show. She was sitting at the table with her mom, discussing her plan to attend not-rehab, and said something like, and I'm paraphrasing, "Remember after I had Addie and the doctor prescribed me pain pills. When I took them, I felt like superwoman. Then I told you that I thought I had a problem with them, so I quit taking them." And Mama Dawn shook her head yes, and said, "If I thought you had a serious drug problem, I would have told Corey myself!" Leah went to her mom with a concern and her mom brushed it off. When Corey suggested he take the girls some during the week, and not go through the court system because he thought she would balk at losing child support, Leah seemed like she was going to agree before Mama Dawn said, "That don't make no sense." again ignoring her daughter's concern about her anxiety and the help Corey was offering.

I don't doubt that she suffers from anxiety, and I do believe she was prescribed anxiety meds from her doctor at one point. She was telling Jeremy how the drug made her feel okay for a short period, but then made her feel high, and even though they didn't say what the drug was, it seemed consistent with one that you take daily and the affect it has until your body adjusts to it. She said to Jeremy that the doctor changed her dosage. It probably wasn't helping like the quick fix the opiates seemed to give her, which probably just enhanced her drug abuse. It's good that she agreed to go to not-rehab because she probably needed to learn coping skills for her anxiety that doesn't include drugs, but she definitely used opiates in a non-therapeutic manner.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, lezlers said:

So.....we're all invited for dinner tonight, right?   :D

LOL! Tonight we had egg salad sandwiches.....

But the next time I do a Chinese meal full-stop, come on over!

I'll tell you...I don't have AC in my house and in the warmer months, the last thing I want to do is spend hours in the kitchen, KWIM? Plus, I live only a mile from a beach, and there's a lot to do here in the summer (and Providence is just a 20 minute drive, which has a bunch of cultural activities). So the more involved cooking I do mostly in the cooler months, when there's less to do anyway and it's more difficult to get out...

• Love 2
(edited)

It's very easy to get hooked on pills, especially if you're not dealing with the underlying mental health issues. People do all the time and it's not some horrific druggie issue, just an everyday struggle. I feel for her on that count and don't think she owes it to the audience to be "honest" or not about that. If she wants to lie about it on camera, that's her right. And it's probably true that that's not *really* the issue deep down. But on a personal level I hope she is getting treatment and being open for her own sake, and I don't think she is, and that concerns me and it's irresponsible, but it happens every day. Leah's  had a high risk life for that sort of thing and lives in a high risk area. I hope she matures and gets help and gets off MTV to do it. I hope she surrounds herself with people more equipped to deal with mental health issues than anyone she's ever had around her. But that's pretty much a pipe dream. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Darknight said:

My sisters and I grew up this way. Mom and dad drank every weekend and had parties which usually ended in a huge fight. I'm talking horrible fights. I almost witnessed my mom be shot two different times in my life from age 5 til 18. My family was also poor and struggling which is why we were never able to leave for very long.  My parents departed for good when I was 20 or so. Even through all of that I loved and still love my daddy. He stopped drinking 20 yr's ago. I say all that to say this. I witnessed stuff no child should see. I can't and refuse to blame any of my faults on that. I knew what I was seeing was wrong and I refused to live my life that way once I moved out. Out of all of my cousins my sisters and I are the only ones who almost the only ones who don't drink, never been to jail, have a family and stable home. It's very hard for me to excuse bad behavior because  of the way someone was raised. You can live a completely different life. 

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I disagree to a certain extent. If she wants to say she's not a drug addict, fine. That's between her and her doctors. However, I found it extremely obnoxious last season when she and her Clan of Cave Holler were spinning it that she was just overwhelmed, stressed, and suffering from anxiety and depression as a DIRECT result of putting everyone else's needs (her kids, both her exes)  above her own, and the weight of such selflessness finally caused her collapse. And Jeremy, disgusted that she couldn't keep up with the laundry and housework (while single handedly raising three kids, one of which with special needs) took a hike on her. No mention of that fact that she cheated. No mention of the fact that her pill habit was bankrupting them. No mention of that fact that Jeremy couldn't sleep at night wondering if Addy was okay. No mention of the fact she generally only had one kid at home. 

Depression and addiction also cause an inability to groom/clean. Messy houses are a red flag. Doesn't mean you're not responsible at all for that, but I saw/see that as further proof of an underlying problem. She's teetering on the edge. Lying about that is part of denial. Mental health issues can look pretty damn ugly and embarrassing when exposed.

I also felt bad that Jeremy was essentially never home. He worked hard but he pretty much sucked as a husband. She's like, worst wife ever material, but he never seemed emotionally literate in the least either. I don't know who she could meet around her who would be, or if she'd have the sense to recognize it if she did. I can't imagine having a mental illness and being married to the bacon slapper and hoping for some kind of even minimal understanding. He seemed like he very much wanted a woman who'd just shut up, cook, and do him. 

That said, she definitely owes her *family* an explanation and is very likely not giving them one (though many of them are enablers or have their own major issues). But not the audience IMO. 

The worst thing she keeps doing is adding more men. Anyone she picks is highly unlikely to be well versed in emotional instability and distress, so it would be far better to stay single. But that wouldn't make no sense for Leah. If she was brighter or more self aware, she might understand that her behavior has a pattern and needs to be curbed, but I think it's easier for her to keep playing dumb cute victim. 

• Love 2

Jeremy and Leah were about as ill matched as Javi and Kail, but honestly, NO man is going to be a good match for Leah until she gets some therapy and manages her mental health better. She's looking for artificial highs to manage her depression and the excitement of a new relationship works temporarily but one can't maintain that level of attention and excitement. A husband can't "fix" Leah's various issues, but that's what she is always hoping for. At least she's managed to avoid adding another pregnancy to the mix. 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

People do have different brain chemistry and responses to trauma, though. It's a nature v nurture thing, but not everybody can just "pull themselves up by their bootstraps."

I agree with this, but to me, Jenelle is more than just a run of the mill fuckup. I mean, I have never known anyone who has so little feeling for their offspring yet still intentionally had two kids and maintained custody. I just don't see how one can be so indifferent to someone they have a relationship with. I mean, parents abandon their kids every day, and they really suck for doing so, but I've never witnessed a parent stay in their kids life yet have so little affection for them. 

Nonetheless, I agree that childhood trauma can definitely affect people differently. 

• Love 10