Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: December: Berkshires County

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

The main point of interest to me is no one wanted anything to do with Luann.  Ramona was the only one coming within a 10 foot pole of her.  Everyone bailed on her.  Just interesting.  That wasn't because of Bethenny it was because no one wanted to be within 10 feet of her.  This was obviously something most of them had been hoping for for years.  Even poor Jules just kinda wandered away from Lu whenever she came around.  Very interesting.

I was trying to remember who it was that invited Kelly to that girls night.  (The famouse line 'What are you doing here without Dorinda?')  Was it Luann?  If it was then this crazy stuff has been brewing for a long time.  The other point is that everyone, including Ramona, ended up yelling at Lu.  She interrupts.  She lies in the face of all evidence to the contrary and people just finally lose it.  So Bethenny lost it with her.  Dorinda lost it with her.  Ramona barely kept it together and the only thing that stopped her was Luann finally kinda going ok maybe I did. (Referencing that she never said she came up with the SkinnyGirl name) 

So fascinating and the highest ratings of the season.  I'm thinking we see more of this.

I think the reason that the others stayed away from Luann has more to do with the possibility that they fear Bethenny turning on them and the power she wields on the show because of her bff Andy. Other than Bethenny/Ramona, the others are fairly new to the show and haven't known Luann all that long ( I distrust the Bravo/production story that Dorinda has know her for years as we know that Bravo/production lie about things like this on a regular basis). Good grief, Dorinda froze Sonja out because she knew that if Sonja came, Bethenny would not and without Bethenny at the slumber party most of it would have ended up on the proverbial cutting room floor after editing. Everyone at that house was protecting their Apple for next season.  

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Please don't twist my words for the sake of your argument and for the opportunity to imply that I lack the kind of morals that you grew up with. It is completely wrong on your part to assume that not co-signing the defamation of someone's character is my acceptance of their actions. There is a stark (and very important) difference in speaking to someone's actions versus speaking to their character. In your black and white world, should every woman assume onus to get police reports, psychological testing and hire private detectors to ensure that every man they date isn't a cheating asshole on the down low? Is that how women in a black and white world avoid the labels of being sluts and whores? Context is everything and it's determinant of the level of fault someone has in a situation. You are only entertaining the notion that Luann must have known he was married and even by that merit, I said 'shit happens' because it was not a sober decision and given that the man was far more culpable for cheating on his wife, Luann did not owe the women (or the viewers) a reaction or explanation just so that she could be spared the insults. It makes a big difference if it was addressed with 'Luann, you slept with a married man and showed no remorse afterward. I honestly think that's shady of you'. They turned it into 'Luann, you're a slut, you fuck everyone and sleep with married men' and that's what you're going to co-sign based on Turks and Caicos? I don't care what coloured world anyone lives in, there's no way anyone is going to convince me that a singular incident warrants nailing someone to the cross with accusations to their character. And for the record it is not judgement in my eyes, it's simply judgement, fact. If you are going to make a judgement about someone's character, you are being judgmental. We're all judgmental to some extent and it's likely never appropriate to be that way but all I'm saying is let's not slander someone's character based on one incident that we believe they are guilty of when there is no evidence that this is consistently their behaviour.  

Not trying to convince you of anything. You stated your opinions, I stated mine. They happen to differ. End of story. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, shoegal said:

The guy left without his friend? No, the guy stayed and didn't have a ride because his friend was still there. There was everything to indicate the guys had just left that morning, most notably LuAnn's angst that she was almost caught with the guy still in her room!

None of that happened.  The naked guy got up and made himself a smoothie while waiting for a taxi.  Heather complained about running into him for a second time.  Luann's Scot left under cover of darkness.  Or was lost at sea.  He was not there when Heather discovered the naked guy.

The cameras came later.  Luann's room was directly in front of the pool on the ocean side of the house-not the driveway side.  Ramona's room  was on the Oceanside closer to the driveway.  Naked guy was sleeping in the bedroom on the Ramona side of the house. 

• Love 6
Just now, zoeysmom said:

None of that happened.  The naked guy got up and made himself a smoothie while waiting for a taxi.  Heather complained about running into him for a second time.  Luann's Scot left under cover of darkness.  Or was lost at sea.  He was not there when Heather discovered the naked guy.

The cameras came later.  Luann's room was directly in front of the pool on the ocean side of the house-not the driveway side.  Ramona's room  was on the Oceanside closer to the driveway.  Naked guy was sleeping in the bedroom on the Ramona side of the house. 

Sonja alluded to this back then...That Luann knew better than to have her hookup spend the night in the house and that Ramona made a "rookie" mistake. Luann's "date" was gone before she went to sleep that night.

• Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

There is no evidence that LuAnn's guy left "under the cover of darkness". Both guys left without being filmed, it's just as plausible that naked guy waited for his friend to come out of LuAnn's room and they both left in the morning. Not long before H&C came into LuAnn's room and she freaked out because there could have been a guy in there!! Most likely, because there just was.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2

Bethenny is not the "All Powerful Oz" just because Andy likes her.  He likes Carole, and he likes, from everything I've seen of the way he treats them, Sonja, Lulu, and even, to some extent, Ramona.

She's not in a position to get anyone fired if they bring what Bravo wants to the show.  Jeez, this whole mythology about Bethenny's so called power is grating on me.  The power she does have is that when she's around, shit happens on the real housewives show, she's perfect for this format, and whenever she's around others bring their A game too.

Anyone going up against Bethenny that has the goods would be welcomed, big time, not shunned.  These shows thrive on conflict, REAL not made up crap like BH. 

Lu and Sonja are in the outhouse this season because they basically went on strike against Bravo for more money, so did Ramona, which I'm sure didn't please them either, but Ramona is a paper tiger who caved and betrayed her friends Lu and Sonja without even giving them a head's up.  That's probably the real root of the conflict this season between her and the Grey Gardens players, strike first.  Well, that and Lu and Sonja's hands are tied since Bravo doesn't want behind the scenes stuff, let alone contract negotiations on camera.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

Well, she wasn't single and she's always drunk, so...

She called Jaques, whom I believe she was living with at the time, to lie to him.

I agree that it's possible she didn't know he was married, and it's the married persons fault in that case.  Also, no need for Luann to "rend her garments" when she found out.  I thought her reply was fine, a shrug and I think she implied "Shit happens."

That's the thing though, I don't care that these women fought, I don't need to pick a side or assign blame, it's all popcorn time for me.  Dance little monkeys!  Earn your money!  From what I could see they were all at fault to some degree or another, well, probably not Jules. 

Oh yeah, speaking of Jules, I think she came for a couple of reasons. 

• She wasn't that far from home or her dad.
  • It's a very big deal to come to the individual wives "events."
  • Dorinda is her friend.
  • She's the new kid on the block and it was her job.

As for the rest of them?  They were all right and they were all gloriously wrong!  I love this group to pieces, I really do.  Even Carole and Jules pulled their weight with that closet scene!  Rich people wall paper!  Ha!  You are really a bad spy!  Double Ha.

I hope we get more next week, I really do.

She was with Jacques when she went to St. Barts and cheated on him with the Johnny Depp dude and then she stupidly called a friend and was speaking in French...as if Bravo wouldn't find someone to translate her conversation, lol.  The married man was from Turks and Caicos and she was single during that trip. St. Barts happened in 2012. She and Jacques broke up in 2013 and the Turks trip was last year. 

Yup, they all pretty much bring different shades of drama and crazy. 

• Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, shoegal said:

There is no evidence that LuAnn's guy left "under the cover of darkness". Both guys left without being filmed, it's just as plausible that naked guy waited for his friend to come out of LuAnn's room and they both left in the morning. Not long before H&C came into LuAnn's room and she freaked out because there could have been a guy in there!! Most likely, because there just was.

It's definitely possible, but don't conveniently forget that it was the girls that outed her cheating on Jacques in St. Barts. When they came storming into her room, it's also very possible that, as Luann said, she believed that her 'friends' were trying to catch her with a man since the last time, expecting to have some juicy gossip to discuss much like the last trip they went on.  The one thing that I think lends to Luann's story is that if her anger came from nearly being caught with the guy, then why did she so easily take the heat for Ramona allowing the other guy to stay? Ramona admitted to that and admitted to blaming Luann. Luann made a feeble attempt at pointing out it was Ramona and when they persisted in their anger, she turned the conversation to 'it's not a big deal, stop being uncool'. It honestly could go either way. It's not like Luann has never lied before to save her own skin. And it's not like the others haven't fudged reality in order to justify their own behaviour and anger. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Here is the clip-does that is not is what is being conveyed.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/videos/do-not-leave-your-men-unattended  Luann and Sonja both said they went to bed and did not know the naked guy was there.   Everyone agreed it was Ramona's doing.  Had Luann said, you folks come barging in I could have been inducing vomiting, would that mean Luann had been inducing vomiting?  Luann looks pretty asleep and I just don't see how the guy could have escaped and had a ride pick him up without detection by the others.  The other guy had no qualms about having a bit of breakfast according to Sonja.   

This illustrates the perfect point, because Kristen credits herself with being a detective and determining the guy Luann was with "making out on the deck and dancing"  (usually performed vertically) the whole thing shifted between Ramona being responsible and Luann being guilty of something.  Carole was mad at Luann over Adam and this was just fodder to fuel a reference of now two seasons. 

• Love 2
(edited)
43 minutes ago, shoegal said:

"An ethnic minority"?? Let's get real here, we are talking about two wealthy white women. I am 1/16th Cherokee, but my blonde hair, blue eyed, upper middle class white woman self would never run around calling myself an "Indian", let alone an "ethnic minority". You think when LuAnn checks the box, she doesn't identify as Caucasian??

Okay, we can deconstruct this with more specificity; precision is always a commendable objective to which to aspire so thank you for the opportunity within this context.

During the incident in question, a man seated beside Carole and LuAnn remarked upon LuAnn's bone structure; in her response, she noted that her father was "Indian," at which point Carole literally cried "that's racist!" She then asserted without equivocation in her talking head that "anyone" who had graduated from "the third grade" is aware that the word is objectionable.

Nowhere did Lu lay claim to Algonquin culture. She did not present herself as an authority on that thread of her heritage or on indigenous issues, traditions, customs, or any other related domain.

She may very well self-identify as Caucasian. That does not make Carole's all-inclusive and prescriptive declarations on the subject (and I didn't articulate this as well as I should have) any less ignorant nor the summarization "Carole wasn't incorrect" itself (due to the breadth of her diction) any less erroneous. Many tribal leaders who have passed the "third grade" self-identify as "Indian," so the crude blanket reductivism of her formulation is indeed "incorrect."

Nor does LuAnn's white privilege make Carole an arbiter on Lu *pere's* race, ethnic identity, or cultural legitimacy.

Edited by lunastartron
Double post
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I think it is a stereotyping a group of people that made Carole's comment questionable not that she used the inoffensive term.

Kind of like Bethenny saying she is an honorary black woman.  Not that she used the term black, that she made such a stupid statement.

Echoes of Brandi Glanville asking "are you black?" because Joyce wouldn't get into the pool.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Bethenny is not the "All Powerful Oz" just because Andy likes her.  He likes Carole, and he likes, from everything I've seen of the way he treats them, Sonja, Lulu, and even, to some extent, Ramona.

She's not in a position to get anyone fired if they bring what Bravo wants to the show.  Jeez, this whole mythology about Bethenny's so called power is grating on me. 

I don't know that Beth is all powerful but I can see why nobody wants to be on her bad side. Whether the dirt she hurls is true or not, who wants to be on the receiving end of that braying hyena's rants?  Would I kiss ass to avoid her ire like Carole does?  No. Especially since, sooner or later Bethenny will come after her, too. Carole's ass-kissery is all for naught. 

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, ryebread said:

I don't know that Beth is all powerful but I can see why nobody wants to be on her bad side. Whether the dirt she hurls is true or not, who wants to be on the receiving end of that braying hyena's rants?  Would I kiss ass to avoid her ire like Carole does?  No. Especially since, sooner or later Bethenny will come after her, too. Carole's ass-kissery is all for naught. 

I wouldn't really want to be on any of their bad sides, which is why I would completely suck as a real housewife.  I enjoy watching conflict, not participating in it.  Ha.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I wouldn't really want to be on any of their bad sides, which is why I would completely suck as a real housewife.  I enjoy watching conflict, not participating in it.  Ha.

Right? I'd like to think I could throw out a calm and brilliant, "Did you learn that in prison?" after being cursed at by a HW. 

But my inner sailor would probably come out.

• Love 5
(edited)
27 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Right? I'd like to think I could throw out a calm and brilliant, "Did you learn that in prison?" after being cursed at by a HW. 

But my inner sailor would probably come out.

I really think Bethenny would be the easiest person for me to deal with.  Just don't pretend to be something other than I am, and don't threaten her business or child in any way.  Which is kind of a no brainer really, since I wouldn't do either.  I don't mind fast talkers, I'm one myself.

Carole would probably be next up as easiest for me to handle, but I doubt I'd really connect with her on a "friend" level, she would be easy to talk to though, as she's well read and well traveled.

After that, of the current cast?  Probably "real" Luann, as long as she could be her true self that is, I'm fairly used to women who pick up men and it honestly doesn't bother me.  The countess crap though?  Yeah, no.  Trust her?  Yeah, never. 

The hardest for me would be the drunks, I don't like drunks, male of female, I find the sloppy ones as repulsive as the combative ones.  So that leaves out Dorinda and John, and, only if the stories are true, which so far, yeah, dunno, that would mean Sonja as well, because I also don't cope well with delusional.

Jules?  No.  I'd be bored out of my mind, she's brain-dead and pretentious, one of the other, but not both at the same time.

That leaves Ramona, and I think she's nuts, really.  That woman has a screw loose, and she's loud, and she's likely to do or say any damn thing that pops into her head, so yeah, I'd take a pass on her as well, she's calculated crazy and that is unappealing.  It's WONDERFUL for this show though.

ETA

As I said before though, I don't have to like any of them to absolutely love this mix on the show.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4

I feel so fickle. I hate so many of these housewives, but I will applaud whoever verbally attacks whichever housewife happens to annoy me the most at that moment.  

Bethenny's hair is more modern-looking than LuAnn's, in my opinion.  

I would love to know how Noel and Victoria reacted to this episode. Because we shouldn't slut-shame, but that doesn't mean LuAnn's son and daughter don't have friends who will slut-shame. 

LuAnn stayed calm, but she's a very weak opponent.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I really think Bethenny would be the easiest person for me to deal with.  Just don't pretend to be something other than I am, and don't threaten her business or child in any way.  Which is kind of a no brainer really, since I wouldn't do either.  I don't mind fast talkers, I'm one myself.

Heather seemed to be true to herself, never came for Bethannys business or child and Bethanny still came for her. Kristen also never came for Bethanny untIL Carole told her what Bethanny said about her and didn't attack Bethanny's business or child yet was excluded and mocked.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, seasick said:

It just hit me today that I think these pokes at Bethenny's brand are probably the joke of this season,-- compliments of the producers.

I had the same question last week...though I didn't see it as a poke by the producers, rather that Jim Beam had it in Bethenny's contract with Bravo that there be x number of brand mentions per episode...face it, without Bethenny constantly on this show, her "brand" is dust. It's perfectly possible that Bravo is delivering on the contract terms of so many mentions per episode, but using that obligation to spin conflict. If so, plaudits to Bravo. 

And Bethenny, the attack munchkin, does not seem to be in on the joke. Oh, ain't that sad.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Rahul said:

I can't imagine the Countess would condone calling another person a "piece of shit" or muttering it under their breath after an argument. LuAnn has been showing a lot of her true colors lately, and they ain't so pretty.

Part of me cannot believe that she would stay in such an environment after the verbal lashing she received from Bethenny. Almost everyone dispersed and LuAnn's presence was clearly the source of much tension, but she kept on following the rest of the women around the house to whatever room they were in. Either that is one brazen bitch, or she seriously needs that Bravo paycheck. 

Luann deployed a tactic that's been used against me many times.  It goes like this:  I'm at odds with someone and I'm laying low to let things cool down, and because the tension makes me uncomfortable.  My opponent (I'll call her Lu) deliberately approaches the small group I'm in and proceeds to laugh and shoot the breeze, having the time of her life.  The full intent is to make me uncomfortable, show me that she doesn't care that I'm upset, and to try to force me to go somewhere else.  It's a dominance strategy, and I have a cousin who's perfected this technique.  Lu was deliberately making certain people uncomfortable, and I'm shocked that it sort of worked on Bethenny.  So some see Lu as cool and collected, whereas I view her as shameless and uncaring.  Lu doesn't get flustered because she lacks self-awareness and cares little about others' feelings. 

12 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Bethenny threw that out there because during last season's Turks and Caicos trip, Luann and Ramona brought some guys back to the house, and supposedly, Luann slept with one of the guys, who, they later found out was married.  All of this occurred off camera, and Luann claimed that she had no idea the guy was married.  To Luann, the guy was a "one and done, vacation fun" hook-up.  

As far as I can remember, that was the only time that Luann hooked up with a married guy.  Not that I'm excusing Luann, but if the guy didn't tell Luann he was married, how was she to know?  Yes, that was morally loose behavior, but that's for Luann to deal with, not for Bethenny to throw stones at.  What's next, Bethenny - will Luann be required to wear a bright scarlet letter "A" attached to all her clothing??  

I thought Luann finally acknowledged at the reunion that the guy was married.  As in - yes she knew about it at the time.  You can tell in her reaction in the moment that she had no fucks to give either way.

11 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Sorry but if Jules father is so sick, in the hospital, and not sounding coherent WHY is she staying there?????? Go see your fucking father!

For some the process of dying takes months, not hours.  Jules's father may be suffering a terminal disease, not experiencing an acute illness that ends with turning a ventilator off.  I don't think she's in Lisa Rinna territory.

• Love 8
(edited)

Just to reiterate a bit on some of what has been said.  Beth is calling Lu a whore or slut for sleeping with married men.  Beth IS still married.  She WAS married when she started seeing other men.  So what's the rule?  Isn't it an assumption to say that Lu or any person who sleeps with a married person is violating some sort of code?  Does the person stating that it's a violation of some sort of code KNOW what that married person's agreement or status is with their 'partner'? 

Bottom line for me is that if someone is going to condemn anyone for sleeping with a married person....or a person in a committed relationship, is in no position to do so.  Why?  Because they don't know and it's not their responsibility.  If a person makes a vow' whether in marriage or commitment, decides to break that vow, it's on them.  Not the person they hook up with or whatever.

This reminds me of Kelly Osborn sending out a twitter stating the cell phone number of the woman her father was cheating with.  I mean.  Really?  Your father broke HIS vows.  Condemn him.  Send out his cell phone number.  How immature.

BTW, Kristen said in Turks that the house boy said the man Lu was with was wearing a wedding ring?  That's his responsibility.  Not Lu's.  Lu may or may have not hooked up with him but at least she made sure he  he was out of the house.  And I say this while being totally pissed off with both Ro's and Lu's reaction about having that stranger sleep upstairs.  Team Heather on that.

Also, Ro's man slept upstairs because Ro let him.  She told him he could sleep up there.  She apologized for that and said afterward that it was a bad example for her daughter.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Luann or some the process of dying takes months, not hours.  Jules's father may be suffering a terminal disease, not experiencing an acute illness that ends with turning a ventilator off.  I don't think she's in Lisa Rinna territory.

I agree. We don't know where Jules dad is and it sounded like it was only when she talked to him and didn't seem to be coherent that she was worried as in this is a longer process that got worrisome quickly. I also like that unlike some other people on these franchises she actually left the room to go have her conversations. It's actually why I objected to Luann's behavior, Jules had twice isolated herself to have phone convos and was sitting alone outside and immediately told Luann what she was doing and Luann spoke over her the front porch isnt the only place on the property to have a cigarette. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

I'm glad Luann vs. Bethenny is happening because it overwhelms things like Sonja's scene at the doctor. I thought that would get more discussion, I'm kind of glad it doesn't seem to be a major topic though I do have one thought to purge.

Can I shame her for that? Because I feel like we should all have a line that prevents us from doing what she did on camera. Just...some kind of limits, y'know, on what you'll do for airtime. Bikini waxes, medical procedures... They should stay unshown, imho, absent some compelling educational reason. 

First off, the day my doctor attempts to hug and kiss me is the day that I find a new doctor.  I know this type of thing flies on the BH franchise too, but I find it very unusual.  And Sonja could not be more pathetic if she tried.  Who needs heat and hot water when you've got a nice tight vadge?  Just make sure she can accommodate larger than a Chihuahua dick, huh fellas?

3 hours ago, shoegal said:

...but many also see it as offensive. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_name_controversy. So she wasn't wrong, just probably getting into it unnecessarily.

My mom is 1/8 Cherokee but I'm adopted, so probably shouldn't comment.  But for me, JUST ME, the problem is Luann joked about scalping people, followed by the charming "woo woo woo" sounds as she bounced her hand over her mouth.  She was mocking her heritage, and I'm not sure how that can be twisted into anything acceptable.  But I'm sure some will try.

3 hours ago, BananaRama said:

I miss Heather.  She is decent and smart.  She made precise observations about the other housewives.  The show needs one person who isn't a lunatic. I also liked Carole more when she was friends with Heather. 

I tried about twenty-five times to +1, but was unsuccessful.  But I could not agree more.  Heather was level-headed and "real", IMO, and her departure has left me with no one to like.  Which is fine.  I have nothing invested in defending people to the death, which apparently is something that can be time consuming for some.

2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

The main point of interest to me is no one wanted anything to do with Luann.  Ramona was the only one coming within a 10 foot pole of her.  Everyone bailed on her.  Just interesting.  That wasn't because of Bethenny it was because no one wanted to be within 10 feet of her.  This was obviously something most of them had been hoping for for years.  Even poor Jules just kinda wandered away from Lu whenever she came around.  Very interesting.

I agree that no one wanted much to do with Luann, and I agree that it's not Bethenny.  The obvious answer is the others resent her for holding out on her contract.  Of course many will state that that has nothing to do with the other women, and it's not their concern.  But realistically, Lu's and Sonja's holding out affected their filming in some way, even if just by rearranging their filming schedules.  And since this is Lu's second time down this road, I can imagine one can be resentful. 

• Love 8

So I've read several comments in this thread about Luann's superiority (to Beth and/or Carole) because she found another man who wants to marry her.  Seriously?  In 2016 we're still measuring a woman as most successful because she found a man willing to put a ring on it?  These comments remind me of the Dallas franchise.  One woman bragged about getting three men to marry her, while her pathetic rival remained unmarried.  In my opinion, this is the very attitude that leads to someone like Dorinda staying with a man she's unhappy with, because AT LEAST I HAVE A MAN.  It's kind of freaky and 1950s. 

2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

It's definitely possible, but don't conveniently forget that it was the girls that outed her cheating on Jacques in St. Barts

The way I remember it is this:  Lu brought the guy home, the voices woke up Carole, and Lu actually woke up Heather to introduce her to her ONS.  That's on Lu, not "the girls", IMO.  Then there was Lu forgetting she was mic'd while orchestrating her cover up.  Again, on Lu.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

First off, the day my doctor attempts to hug and kiss me is the day that I find a new doctor.  I know this type of thing flies on the BH franchise too, but I find it very unusual.  And Sonja could not be more pathetic if she tried.  Who needs heat and hot water when you've got a nice tight vadge?  Just make sure she can accommodate larger than a Chihuahua dick, huh fellas?

My mom is 1/8 Cherokee but I'm adopted, so probably shouldn't comment.  But for me, JUST ME, the problem is Luann joked about scalping people, followed by the charming "woo woo woo" sounds as she bounced her hand over her mouth.  She was mocking her heritage, and I'm not sure how that can be twisted into anything acceptable.  But I'm sure some will try.

I tried about twenty-five times to +1, but was unsuccessful.  But I could not agree more.  Heather was level-headed and "real", IMO, and her departure has left me with no one to like.  Which is fine.  I have nothing invested in defending people to the death, which apparently is something that can be time consuming for some.

I agree that no one wanted much to do with Luann, and I agree that it's not Bethenny.  The obvious answer is the others resent her for holding out on her contract.  Of course many will state that that has nothing to do with the other women, and it's not their concern.  But realistically, Lu's and Sonja's holding out affected their filming in some way, even if just by rearranging their filming schedules.  And since this is Lu's second time down this road, I can imagine one can be resentful. 

The only ones it would have affected were Luann and Sonja themselves and the rest filmed without them without any problems. It was "rumored" that Ramona, Luann and Sonja wanted pay raises that were on the same level of Bethenny's pay, which was supposedly what really ticked Bethenny off with Luann/Sonja because they held out the longest and that they, especially Sonja, used Bethenny's name in contract negotiations. Of course, par for the course, Ramona settled before filming was scheduled to start, leaving the other 2 high and dry like she did last time.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

So I've read several comments in this thread about Luann's superiority (to Beth and/or Carole) because she found another man who wants to marry her.  Seriously?  In 2016 we're still measuring a woman as most successful because she found a man willing to put a ring on it?  These comments remind me of the Dallas franchise.  One woman bragged about getting three men to marry her, while her pathetic rival remained unmarried.  In my opinion, this is the very attitude that leads to someone like Dorinda staying with a man she's unhappy with, because AT LEAST I HAVE A MAN.  It's kind of freaky and 1950s.

I've made some of those comments, and I've used those terms because that is how these Housewives measure and judge success. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I found this little tidbit on Sonja's procedure.  Surprise Cindy Barshop is involved.    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/exclusive-rhony-alum-cindy-barshop-dishes-feud-article-1.2593539  Apparently this procedure boasts some benefits regarding incontinence.  Seems Sonja accepted Cindy's invitation for a free "tune up" and then went elsewhere.  I see a pattern with Sonja.

I find your contract angle interesting and most likely true.  There was an earlier diss by Bethenny when she claimed LuAnn RSVP'd her birthday party before she was invited.  I don't know if it is just salary Luann holds out for or other perks.  The reality is Luann each season manages to rise to the star role.  The season she wasn't holding an apple she certainly shined and all the new women liked her. 

I have yet to find a reason why Dorinda should be upset with Luann.  They may disagree over Dorinda not inviting Sonja and as a host, if one person is being discounted or excluded, Dorinda needs to give up her nap time and be cordial.   That is being a good hostess.  She doesn't have to be a defender but unless someone asks to be left alone she should see to it no one is ostracized. 

Now to inappropriate comments, Luann was wrong for her scalping comments. It is okay to refer yourself as Indian, but not the stereotypes.  Bringing up the hypocrite department is Carole, calling her LuMan.  For someone as enlightened as Carole it is a slam, and not funny.  This site in particular, removed comments about Meghan King when posters referred to her being male. (Bravo) The comments about Luann's voice being like a man's are insensitive as well.  Just as Luann was insensitive calling Ramona "crazy eyes" Bethenny calling her a drag queen is also uncalled for.  Carole and Bethenny making comments about Jules weight are also insensitive-especially considering she suffers from an eating disorder.  Saying she is so thin it makes others around her feel uncomfortable is the height of insensitivity and Bethenny should be called out for the same.  Carole can eat her "naturally thin" comment as well.  So for a group of women that are suppose to be enlightened they fail fairly regularly and come off petty.  It's funny RHOBH manages to have a cast that doesn't go there.  Time for these women to borrow a page from their playbook.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

The way I remember it is this:  Lu brought the guy home, the voices woke up Carole, and Lu actually woke up Heather to introduce her to her ONS.  That's on Lu, not "the girls", IMO.  Then there was Lu forgetting she was mic'd while orchestrating her cover up.  Again, on Lu.

I could be remembering it incorrectly but what I meant by outed wasn't that they did investigation work and then started gossiping. I meant that they brought off camera stuff on camera and spoke of it at length. At the end of the day, it's going to be on Luann because it was her actions. She can feel however she wants about the intentions of Heather and Carole when talking about the guy being there and what they may or may not have done the night before but they can't talk if she didn't give them something to talk about it and it's on her if she felt that that they threw her under the bus with that one. No denials from me about Lu orchestrating a lie to cover up what happened.  I actually laughed when I saw the scene because it was such a dumb move. You would think that someone who had been filming the show for that long would know not to try to arrange discreet cover ups when you have a mic on your person and the cameras haven't yet left the premises, lol. 

• Love 5

Jules and Carole in the closet : Carole saying 'that's how you know when someone is rich, they wallpaper the insides of their closets'. I'd bet she knows Jules will be adding wallpaper to all of her interior closets now, adding an extra 3 months to her house reno.

And THAT is why Carole is one of my favorite HW's. That and how Carole had the 'c'mon put it in your mouth and chew it...DO IT' look on her face when Jules was pretending to eat 1/4 of a mini pretzel. 

That's all that was 'fun' for me to watch in this episode. 

Bethany oh Bethany... I do not believe her saying she has NEVER screamed and berated anyone in her life  like she did to Luann. PAHLEASE. If the walls of your ex's home could talk. yikes. I have yet to figure out if she had cheek implants or her jaw shaved. Either way, her face looks a bit less harsh this season. Irritating how she always blames the places she is instead of her behavior, to justify her crazy. 

WTH was that scene with Luann whispering on about being called a slut , while Jules was having txts/msgs about her dying father. Selfish.

• Love 6

The first time Carole bringing up 'the voice' of a man and then saying it was Lu, was kind of funny.  The second time on this episode, sorry, it falls flat.  You're just trying too hard.

• Love 12

High School...the sight of these 40 and 50 year old lounging on a bed, and excluding Luann was so mean girls, and Bethenny screeching about Luann being a "slut"...and of course the new girl with the eating disorder..and Ramona, the drunken mom, oblivious as her dog destroys a friend's carpet. 

Really, is there an adult in the room? 

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Now to inappropriate comments, Luann was wrong for her scalping comments. It is okay to refer yourself as Indian, but not the stereotypes.  Bringing up the hypocrite department is Carole, calling her LuMan.  For someone as enlightened as Carole it is a slam, and not funny.  This site in particular, removed comments about Meghan King when posters referred to her being male. (Bravo) The comments about Luann's voice being like a man's are insensitive as well.  Just as Luann was insensitive calling Ramona "crazy eyes" Bethenny calling her a drag queen is also uncalled for.  Carole and Bethenny making comments about Jules weight are also insensitive-especially considering she suffers from an eating disorder.  Saying she is so thin it makes others around her feel uncomfortable is the height of insensitivity and Bethenny should be called out for the same.  Carole can eat her "naturally thin" comment as well.  So for a group of women that are suppose to be enlightened they fail fairly regularly and come off petty.  It's funny RHOBH manages to have a cast that doesn't go there.  Time for these women to borrow a page from their playbook.

They all say ridiculous things to each other, passive-aggressive and plain old aggressive.  I don't laugh at any of it.  But I do think people are more apt to find offense when it's their personal favorite that's being referred to.  I personally find Lu's comments of Bethenny being uptight and just needing to get laid as offensive as slut-shaming.   It's such a stereotype, and one typically used by men against women.

I personally dislike all nicknames, even those made my posters.  And to be honest, when I see nicknames such as LuMan, the Bitchard Sisters, Methenny, Lipsa, etc., I usually skip the rest of the comment.  It just takes away my enjoyment, but I understand that some people like using these names.

• Love 9
(edited)

Well, I used Lipsa because there were two Lisas and Lisar sounded stupid to me, but I get your point.  ;)  Well, that and she was constantly referring to her ridiculous looking lips/mouth.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

They all say ridiculous things to each other, passive-aggressive and plain old aggressive.  I don't laugh at any of it.  But I do think people are more apt to find offense when it's their personal favorite that's being referred to.  I personally find Lu's comments of Bethenny being uptight and just needing to get laid as offensive as slut-shaming.   It's such a stereotype, and one typically used by men against women.

I personally dislike all nicknames, even those made my posters.  And to be honest, when I see nicknames such as LuMan, the Bitchard Sisters, Methenny, Lipsa, etc., I usually skip the rest of the comment.  It just takes away my enjoyment, but I understand that some people like using these names.

Here is the Trash Talk TV Recap-first page author says it is time to retire the LuMan name.  http://www.trashtalktv.com/06/02/rhony-recap-i-made-it-nice-nice-baby/387945/4/  I have to say this is not a great effort.  Maybe too much material to work with.

• Love 2

I think the reason that the others stayed away from Luann has more to do with the possibility that they fear Bethenny turning on them and the power she wields on the show because of her bff Andy.

Naw. Bethanny just fought with her, so she is staying away. Carole hates her so she is staying away. Who else is there? Jules? She's going to hang out with the skinny girls, whoever they may be. I sort of feel that Bethanny picked the fight so she didn't have to pick sides with Carole-- it's sort of like, "I'm mad too!" instead of, "I'm mad for you!" Carole would have been upset if Bethanny and Luann were getting along. Bethanny wanted to hang out with Carole and they did. The stuff Bethanny claimed to be mad about was lame.

Luann to Bethanny, "you need to get laid. How long has it been?"

Bethanny, "YOU FUCK EVERYONE!"

Sonja and Luann for the most part don't work. They seem to spend the most of their time going out and dating men and socializing with NY elite. I don't think Bethanny can identify with that so she doesn't respect it. But I think she is more than a tad jealous. 

I think everyone's eating disorder is going to get worse after this sleepover. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/2/2016 at 9:21 AM, Juneau Gal said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I like Dorinda, all her major faults not withstanding. She is a curious mix of the blue collar girl she grew up as and the now well off woman. She has great stylish taste in clothes and Best Buy taste in home decor. She watches Law and Order and House Hunters. She fondly remembers Pu Pu Platters (earlier episode). She goes from zero to 60, and back again, in a nanosecond. She makes things nice, damnit! 

For all these reasons, and more, she tickles me and out of all of them, I think she would be a good friend......as long as I remembered not to criticize her cake. 

I'm right there with you.  I love her.  She's the least narcissistic of this group, by far.  I'm not a fan of blackout Dorinda, but that's not the real Dorinda, as far as I'm concerned.  It's the bottled up emotions I believe she struggles with daily and at some point they just can't be contained, and out they come along with a little spittle and an occasional grain of rice.  She's the only one I can see myself being friends with, even though I know I'd pee my pants if I were to hang out with Bethenny for any length of time.  I just think that Dorinda is more loving and caring than any of the others.   She values relationships with others and appears to be pretty loyal.  

I do think, though, that although her intentions were good, the decision to leave Sonja out of the sleepover wasn't the best choice.  I can see how she wouldn't want any major blow-ups and felt like Sonja might need to be shielded for a bit, but it was the wrong way to go about it and it did look like she was choosing sides.  

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Knuckles said:

I had the same question last week...though I didn't see it as a poke by the producers, rather that Jim Beam had it in Bethenny's contract with Bravo that there be x number of brand mentions per episode...face it, without Bethenny constantly on this show, her "brand" is dust. It's perfectly possible that Bravo is delivering on the contract terms of so many mentions per episode, but using that obligation to spin conflict. If so, plaudits to Bravo. 

And Bethenny, the attack munchkin, does not seem to be in on the joke. Oh, ain't that sad.

That's great..  Bethenny being chewed alive by her own brand and contract.

• Love 1
(edited)

As an extremely single, very successful woman in my 40s, I definitely don't see landing man as the key to success or something to applaud.  However, when Bethany, Carole and even Ramona continually call/treat Luann like a huge whore, I do find humor in the fact she's now in a serious relationship with someone the others would deem quite successful.  Bottom line, dating "dozens of men" or engaged to one, Luann is happy, and I think that's the root of their disdain.  Bethany especially needs to work out why where all her anger is coming from.  It's not healthy and I feel really bad for those close to her.  

Edited by snarts
  • Love 11
(edited)
38 minutes ago, snarts said:

As an extremely single, very successful woman in my 40s, I definitely don't see landing man as the key to success or something to applaud.  However, when Bethany, Carole and even Ramona continually call/treat Luann like a huge whore, I do find humor in the fact she's now in a serious relationship with someone the others would deem quite successful.  Bottom line, dating "dozens of men" or engaged to one, Luann is happy, and I think that's the root of their disdain.  Bethany especially needs to work out why where all her anger is coming from.  It's not healthy and I feel really bad for those close to her.  

Lol, just being snarky here and not at you, Snarts.  :D   Some ...if not all...of Bethenny's anger is coming from the producers and her nice paycheck. 

I think the NYC women this year are all in cahoots with the story lines and know what to expect from each other.    Yep, even the Tipsy Girl one.  I think they are playing it rather well also.  Lol, as I said before, I'd love to be at one of their story line meetings.  :D :D :D

Edited by Ellee
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

For some the process of dying takes months, not hours.  Jules's father may be suffering a terminal disease, not experiencing an acute illness that ends with turning a ventilator off.  I don't think she's in Lisa Rinna territory.

I didn't listen that closely to hear how dire his health is, but Jules is 34.  Her dad could be under 60.  Pneumonia is serious, true, but not as dire as if he was 80 or 90.  A bad enough fever or a bout of pneumonia could make even a 40 year old sound incoherent.  BTDT.  I can see not rushing home, 30 miles or especially 300 miles if he is an, otherwise healthy, 60 year old with garden variety pneumonia.

Still crappy that the other HWs didn't even ask about him.  Now, if more was revealed about his health and he really is in a bad way, then I take the above back.  Because, Lisa Rinna.

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, shoegal said:

Carole was speaking of the term "Indian", which is considered to be an offensive term, versus the proper term of Native American.  Asian is the proper term, the offending term for Asian would be "Oriental".  Doesn't seem inconsistent. 

I was a little taken aback when Carole made the Asian reference, because I wasn't aware that Asians bring games. Learn something new every day!

Actually, in the US, the term Indian is still commonly used and continues to exist in government policies and current written publications, along with Native American. I'm not American, but have heard many Americans use the term Indian so I was under the impression that it's not nearly as taboo as Carole made it seem. As a Canadian, we don't use the same terminology. For example, Canadians wouldn't use the term Indian because that was the terminology used in the Indian Act which defined who was considered an Indian and what rights they were given based on how they identified. It's a term that is too closely tied to politics and government. Many of them self-identify as Indian but it's usually only done so within their own communities because it's understood that it doesn't carry that political undertone so it's considered a more affectionate term in those circumstances). In Canada, we wouldn't call them Native. We use the term Aboriginal as the most inclusive term to address all communities(as it would be difficult for others to be able to distinguish the actual communities each group comes from - which is the most appropriate way to refer to them).

As a Canadian, we've learned about their history and part of that is terminology. I'm Canadian and I know how common it is in the US, one by experience, but the other is that in Canada, we only refer to someone as Indian if they are a First Nations person registered under the Indian Act. The term carries a legal weight to it as it is associated to their recognized rights. I'm not sure what the US would consider the proper term when they continue to use the term Indian so frequently, but in Canada, the proper terminology refers to

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 3
(edited)

Oh, I thought that was some bullshit when Bethenny had the balls to blame Dorinda for her own bad behavior by saying that Dorinda had a bad cloud, dark spell, bad mojo (paraphrasing here) whenever Dorinda threw a party because Bethenny chooses to blow up every time and ruin Dorinda's get-togethers.  Bethenny can't control herself.  She can't seem to get out of her own way.

Hey, asshole Bethenny - here's a thought.  How about checking your own behavior, act like an adult, be civil, use a modicum of self-control, stop raging and POOF! Dorninda's big ol' bad party "spell" will be instantly lifted and you will be able to comport yourself like the all-knowing business mogul you think you are instead of running rough shod over every single person in your path and flipping and flying around at a thousand miles per hour like a god-damned meth addled Tazmanian Devil.  Control yourself like an adult.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 14
16 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

What's more comical is that Luann shared the same sentiment to Carole about Adam, something along the lines of 'I thought you were just banging him' and Carole was offended by that. I wouldn't mind Carole shading Luann like that if she hadn't spent so much time complaining and seeking an apology from Luann when Carole is now so effortlessly engaging in the same kind of behaviour that she has been condemning of Luann.

Ah, you beat me to it! I was going to make a similar point. Carole resented the implication that she was sleeping around, but for a while, she said the relationship wasn't anything serious and she was having fun. Well, Luann has said she's having fun, too. Honestly, none of the ladies can really say anything accusatory about bedroom activities. Other than Jules and Dorinda, the rest of them have at one point or another mentioned hooking up with other people.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The thing is Luann's comment was simply giving back the attitude that Bethenny was projecting. I wholeheartedly agree that having a disagreement or not liking someone who happens to be in a relationship while you are single does not mean that you are jealous. However, when you are attacking someone using a linear thought, then it's far easier to consider that projection. Bethenny spent most of her attack on the topic of Luann's sex life. Why? It had nothing to do with her yet the topic which did (Skinny Girl) she only made fleeting references to because she was too caught up in calling Luann a whore, slut, etc. And she said it numerous times. In kind, Luann basically called out Bethenny's projection and to infer that if you're so upset that I'm getting laid, it's probably because you're upset that you aren't' - her reaction was specific to Bethenny's attack. If Bethenny was being rude in general and Luann made that comment, I would agree that it's on the same plane as shaming someone.

These women in general are such a handful but it makes for great TV, lol.

• Love 10

I'm starting to think the contract issues and screen time are playing a big part here. Maybe part of Luann's hypocrisy is that she does/says stuff just to get more exposure on the show. I know they all do it, but Luann seems less organic about it. Bethanny said she was trying to weasel her way into a dinner with Kyle over the summer, the accusation that she went after Tom because he had dated Ramona, staying at Sonjas house (as a mentor?!) just to get more scenes. All could be seen as just "bullshit" for the show. Bethanny was pissed at Sonja, not because of the tipsy girl name, but because she told page six that they were in a feud over it. Page six never would have printed it if Bethannys name wasn't tied to it. Add in the contract hold outs and it can be perceived as fucking with the show. I don't think she is a secret producer, but I do think she takes the show seriously. 

On her radio show the other day, she called Ramona a real housewives all star (or something to that effect). Ramona is a batshit crazy, narcissistic snob, but she is herself on the show and it makes good tv. I think that's why Bethanny didn't like Kristen, because she was just phoning it in. Kristen never really brought much reality. 

• Love 5
On June 1, 2016 at 1:13 PM, WireWrap said:

It is a "thing" of her, Luann's, own creation as far as Carole goes, especially since she kept up the attacks toward Carole on SM until about a week before she started filming this season. Which makes me wonder if she stopped going after Carole on SM because she started dating Tom. As for her not telling Sonja/Ramona about Tom/relationship.......I don't blame her, just like I didn't blame Carole for not telling Luann about Adam/relationship right away either. LOL

On June 1, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Yours Truly said:

Okay I'm not as well verse with Twitter although I do follow them (watching them live tweet was the reason I even signed up for twitter in the first place) but since I don't watch it when it airs anymore (on demand) then I can never really catch the live tweeting anymore and I sure as hell don't check what they are tweeting during the off season but from what I've heard Carole wasn't really nice with her twitter either. I mean let's call it what it is. Bullshit happened. It got ugly on twitter. I've seen Carole take nasty shots in general throughout her time on the show so she's no fucking saint. I doubt Lu just woke up every other day and decided to post something nasty about Carole just cause.... (I could be wrong) but I'm assuming it was in response to something and not just random daggers just for shits and giggles. These chicks had bad blood and both have acted out toward each other so this whole one sided Lu was such a meanie diatribe about her tweets confuse me. Yeah, they didn't like each other, they don't like each other. So what. They didn't play well with others. I just don't think that the other women should be trying this hard to set the stage up for this ridiculousness to play out this season. It'll be even more silly than last. To see them go at it with it each other is the equivalent of watching two teenage girls do that swatting slap fighting thing that doesn't even constitute as fighting. At this point it's not even a real fucking fight anymore. We are watching lame aftershocks of what was an even lamer slap fight last season. So imagine the lameness of the aftershocks of something that was that lame to begin with.

Move over ponies, I'm coming in!

No Luann didn't continue to go after Carole on Twitter until 2 weeks before she started filming.  She ended with Carole at the reunion - thinking they had cleared the air and even tweeted about it.  Carole is the one who continued.  I follow them both.  Carole is way worse on Twitter than anyone. She is really really petty and thin-skinned.  Ask Aviva. Carole probably has the worst social media behavior out of any of the HWs on NYC.  She can't fight her own battles in person but give her a pen or a talking head and she is balls to the wall.  The whole Luann/Adam nonsense has to end.  Sleeping with Sonja young, dating the help and a pedophile aren't worthy of 2 seasons of a grudge, not when Carole is giving as good as she is getting. Everyone else moves on from terrible insults on these shows.  I kind of wish Aviva would come back and rattle Carole's cage. Her whining is getting annoying as hell.  Doesn't she get it that she won in the whole Luann fight by having a successful relationship with Adam?  Living well is the best revenge right?

Carole came on her first season and needled Luann mercilessly without even knowing her for her Countess mannerisms and her one upsmanship (when Luann remarked she lived in the same neighborhood and played the same sports, i.e. making conversation). She's no innocent in the snide comment department.

• Love 6

I think Luann is just trolling Bethenny bc she saw she came in loaded for bear and probably assumed she was Carole's attack dog.  "Sure, I helped invent SKG.  You're copying my hairdo!" Lolz.  Luann knows how to push Bethenny's buttons.  

• Love 13
13 hours ago, njbchlover said:
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I feel so fickle. I hate so many of these housewives, but I will applaud whoever verbally attacks whichever housewife happens to annoy me the most at that moment.  

Bethenny's hair is more modern-looking than LuAnn's, in my opinion.  

I would love to know how Noel and Victoria reacted to this episode. Because we shouldn't slut-shame, but that doesn't mean LuAnn's son and daughter don't have friends who will slut-shame. 

LuAnn stayed calm, but she's a very weak opponent.

Luann may be a weak opponent when it comes to face to face warfare, but she came off looking like a woman compared to the screaming meemie that Methenny is.

I laughed at her retrospective thoughts about 'blowing up' at Lulu - if you have to apologize about it later, you shouldn't have said it before?

• Love 1

Hey - does anyone here have the initials "BF" in real life?

I think I know where you can get a handmade, designer handbag with your initials monogramed on it.  After seeing this week's episode, you could probably get it for a great price!    ;-)

• Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think the reason that the others stayed away from Luann has more to do with the possibility that they fear Bethenny turning on them and the power she wields on the show because of her bff Andy. Other than Bethenny/Ramona, the others are fairly new to the show and haven't known Luann all that long ( I distrust the Bravo/production story that Dorinda has know her for years as we know that Bravo/production lie about things like this on a regular basis). Good grief, Dorinda froze Sonja out because she knew that if Sonja came, Bethenny would not and without Bethenny at the slumber party most of it would have ended up on the proverbial cutting room floor after editing. Everyone at that house was protecting their Apple for next season.  

I think that is exactly the reason.  She gets more screen time and more talking heads than any of the others.

Plus the fact that when she gets started on someone she is relentless and doesn't let up, and its pretty ugly.   Who wants that turned on them?  Best to stay out of her way. 

And Dorinda and Carol are too busy crawling up her butt. 

Edited by mwell345
Taking the rest to Bethenny's thread
  • Love 3