Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/30/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Fisher King said:

Can't take Raven's piss face today.

Raven JUST discovered that there are other political parties that actually put forth candidates in presidential elections.  And she's pissed that those candidates aren't getting noticed, so she's going to say it EVERY TIME Hillary Clinton is mentioned.  Watch her face.  When they mention Hillary, Raven looks like she's sucking on a lemon.

Paula couldn't make it today, so they put Jed in her chair, to play the same role. Don't lecture me about "why people love Trump".  I know why.   And it has to do with bigotry, ignorance and selfishness.   Talk all you want about Hillary's emails.  Trump is a fraud and a liar, and oh yeah, where IS his tax return?  And how did he know you can't just call something a "university" and collect tuition without being accredited?

Edited by backformore
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I have.  There's been a few times where Joy didn't get the point, or was totally out of the loop.  She's 74 and working alot, it happens.  I should be so active when I'm 74.

Exactly! Plus, you don't have to be in your 70's to get  confused about certain things. Joy is fantastic at 74..She does not look her age.

• Love 7
(edited)

The sooner Raven leaves the better. She shouldn't open her mouth when it comes to politics since she is totally clueless and makes an idiot of herself every day.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Fisher King said:

Can't take Raven's piss face today.

Well called! What the hell is with her lately? I've noticed that she seems to constantly have this sour, pinched, old Victorian lady-face. I almost expect her to turn to the camera and say, "We are not amused!" She's got that I-smell-cauliflower-burning look. And what the hell is with her hair? It looks like she had a fight with a yarn store and the yarn store won!! Between Whoopi looking like a walking pile of laundry and Raven's idiotic hair, this panel could certainly benefit from a make over and not from Stacy either! And why did they bring that Jeb person back? With her and Raven defending Trump, I was ready to put my fist through the flat screen. And that other woman.....we sure could have done without her.

• Love 11

In all my years watching this show I don't believe I've ever seen anyone sit there with such a nasty, angry expression on her face for so long the way Raven did today. She was just radiating hate during the Clinton discussion.  I saw flashes of it throughout the show, too. It was so unpleasant to see.

They need to stop letting people know they're not coming back for the new season while they still have to appear on the show or something.  Watching people like Raven sit there and just fume or watching Michelle sit there and look so sad is just painful to watch.  As much as I disliked Nicole and was glad she was leaving, I felt the same way watching her on the show after she knew she was toast, too.

I realize working out contracts and the timing of the season ending are complicated but it's making for some uncomfortable moments on the show. Especially having people sit there with their own replacements LOL 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

Who was that person in the red dress today?

She doesn't need come back.

Oh - the crazy woman who says men should NOT wear wedding rings because women are attracted to men with wedding rings?  Yeah - go away crazy person in red dress.   I don't even care enough to learn her name.

17 minutes ago, Kenz said:

The sooner Raven leaves the better. She shouldn't open her mouth when it comes to politics since she is totally clueless and makes an idiot of herself every day.

Yes - and Raven is so PROUD of every little fact she learns about politics, like she's some child prodigy that's been praised for every little utterance and now she's pissed that people are no longer telling her how smart she is.

I cracked up when she was talking about couples who broke up, as a result (?)  or having their relationships on social media - the first couple she mentioned was Jennifer Anniston and Brad Pitt.   Really?  were they sharing too much on social media?   They divorced more than 10 years ago!  I don't thing they were on Twitter or facebook.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I realize working out contracts and the timing of the season ending are complicated but it's making for some uncomfortable moments on the show. Especially having people sit there with their own replacements LOL 

I agree. I remember tuning back in at the end of last season to enjoy Rosie Perez's final weeks on the show, and the show was just uncomfortable having her sit next to Michelle and Raven. At least Sara and Sunny are kind to Raven on her way out the door; Raven was a complete bitch to Rosie Perez. Karma, and all that.

• Love 3
(edited)

I found the somewhat serious discussion about cleavage funny with the basketball wife in the red dress sitting with her huge boobage sitting front and center. Something tells me she likes to display those things in every environment, including business meetings, although she said she may hide her ginormous wedding rings since the big diamond is so distracting. Ha!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 6

I came in halfway thru the show and was wondering who that lady was in the middle.

51 minutes ago, backformore said:

Oh - the crazy woman who says men should NOT wear wedding rings because women are attracted to men with wedding rings?  Yeah - go away crazy person in red dress.   I don't even care enough to learn her name.

Yeah, the one who thinks kids should dress however they want, whenever they want.  Just what we need, more entitled teenagers.  Sheesh.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, backformore said:
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Yes - and Raven is so PROUD of every little fact she learns about politics, like she's some child prodigy that's been praised for every little utterance and now she's pissed that people are no longer telling her how smart she is

Raven is 30 fucking years old and she wants a lollipop and gold star for just now learning about politics?  You know I have to wonder if she was so poorly educated while being a child star or if she is just truly dumb as a stump.  I'm leaning toward poorly educated and entitled enough to think she doesn't need to learn anything now.  Which to me is worse.  Someone who has some many opportunities to expand her intellectual horizons and she chooses to get her information from FB and Twitter.  As I have heard many times it's a good thing being stupid doesn't hurt.  Well it might not actually hurt the person being stupid but being subjected to a stupid person is downright painful for me.

• Love 9

I wish Raven would do the  Starlette Jones move.  Make us all happy. Have mercy if I were Joy and showed up and had to sit with this panel I'd demand a raise.  Can that Jedi woman contribute without loud lecturing ala Whoopi?  The after show with Joy  is what the show should be just having a discussion no unfounded ranting as fact.  Does she really have a job on tv? 

• Love 5

Yeah, the one who thinks kids should dress however they want, whenever they want.  Just what we need, more entitled teenagers.  Sheesh.

Along with highlighting her six year son's hair. Sheesh is right!

So Raven and Michele got the boot for next season?  I had not heard that.  I don't hate it!  

Yep and CCB too. Airhead Sara Haines and Sunny are in. No surprise.

• Love 3
(edited)

That's  what is being rumored, Wings, I don't think it's been confirmed yet.  But one thing is for sure .... Whoops is sticking around. She said just the other day she wasn't going anywhere. Unfortunately. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That's  what is being rumored, Wings, I don't think it's been confirmed yet.  But one thing is for sure .... Whoops is sticking around. She said just the other day she wasn't going anywhere. Unfortunately. 

Just confirmed for Michelle; Raven, not so much just yet...but then, MSN didn't get the memo on Whoopi apparently.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/‘the-view’-axes-michelle-collins-as-co-host-exclusive/ar-BBtQe8F?li=BBnb7Kz

Sorry to see Michelle go.  I think she meant well and found her kinda' cute in her "awkward girl" manner.  CCB and Raven should have gone first, IMO.

• Love 6
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Just confirmed for Michelle; Raven, not so much just yet...but then, MSN didn't get the memo on Whoopi apparently.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/‘the-view’-axes-michelle-collins-as-co-host-exclusive/ar-BBtQe8F?li=BBnb7Kz

Sorry to see Michelle go.  I think she meant well and found her kinda' cute in her "awkward girl" manner.  CCB and Raven should have gone first, IMO.

It's being reported on Deadline and Variety as well.

Deadline and Variety are the most reliable sources for entertainment news. If they're saying that Whoopi's contract has not been renewed, I tend to believe them over that tabloid Page Six. There's still hope! 

Sorry to see Michelle go. She definitely didn't get a fair chance. One more person to add to the list of "I've Been Screwed Over By The View". 

The fact that they can't get a coherent panel together and then keep them together is IMO one of the reasons why this show just fails so much.

Edited by pinkle6
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I have.  There's been a few times where Joy didn't get the point, or was totally out of the loop.  She's 74 and working alot, it happens.  I should be so active when I'm 74.

I am the same age as Joy. And some people say I look 20 years younger. But, no matter how you look on the outside, there are some things going on when you are older. Sometimes when the camera cuts to Joy, her face looks like what I imagine mine looks like when I'm dressed and in public. I'm usually thinking: this bra is killing me; my feet are killing me in these shoes, I'm about to have a hot flash, I hope I dont break out in a sweat. Lol. Or maybe it's just me.

• Love 12
(edited)

Sorry to see Michelle go. She definitely didn't get a fair chance.

The fact that they can't get a coherent panel together and then keep them together is IMO one of the reasons why this show just fails so much.

Yes, really very sorry about Michelle. Today's show just proved they can't get it together!

That crazy red dress lady, the return of the Jedi and airhead Sara Haines out number the co-hosts in the opening. Why couldn't Michelle have been there??

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

Along with highlighting her six year son's hair. Sheesh.

No kidding!  The kid is 6?   If a kid at that age says he wishes he had blonde hair, which is what she said, she needs to help him accept himself as he is.  Help him find a haircut or style that makes him feel good without changing the hair he has. Help him appreciate the positive aspects of his appearance, don't give so young to his wanting to change.     There's plenty of time later to experiment with hair colors.  That's what the teen years are for.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes - and Raven is so PROUD of every little fact she learns about politics, like she's some child prodigy that's been praised for every little utterance and now she's pissed that people are no longer telling her how smart she is.

As far as child actors go, I think Raven has done pretty well - especially when you consider at age three she was supporting her parents.  Ugh.   But yes,  an entire childhood being told how amazing she is definitely took it's toll and with a bank account rumored to be in the 8-9 figures she clearly never saw the need for a real education.  Maybe now at age 30 she does?  I hope so but I really really don't need to witness it.  

41 minutes ago, Morgalisa said:

I am the same age as Joy. And some people say I look 20 years younger. But, no matter how you look on the outside, there are some things going on when you are older. Sometimes when the camera cuts to Joy, her face looks like what I imagine mine looks like when I'm dressed and in public. I'm usually thinking: this bra is killing me; my feet are killing me in these shoes, I'm about to have a hot flash, I hope I dont break out in a sweat. Lol. Or maybe it's just me.

LOL @Morgalisa!     OR, maybe it doesn't have anything to do with her age, maybe she just wasn't listening - can't say I blame her really since it's rare that anything said at the table is worth listening to - in my opinion of course.  

I have noticed she doesn't seem to be as engaged however.  I'm wondering if she expected Whoopi Goldberg the Great to be gone and then Joy could get the moderator seat?   I know that's what I was hoping for anyway.  

• Love 4

Not sure who they are referring to as two "wild card" in that article.  I'd be surprised if Sunny Hostin and Sara Haines didn't join the panel.  At least, I hope neither of the "wild cards" is that Jed woman.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Love2dance said:

I know I am in the minority, but I enjoy Sara Haines. I find her very pleasant and missed her when she left Hoda and Kathie Lee.

I like Sara.  I think she's very sweet.

• Love 6

It's just so pleasant when Whoopi isn't there. I was impressed with the interview with the singer who came out as gay. They let him talk. They. Let. Him. Talk. They didn't tell him how he was feeling, they didn't tell him his life story, they didn't interrupt. It was so nice to have that happen. The only people they usually let speak like that are sitting presidents and Hollywood royalty. Thank God Whoopi wasn't there to tell him what being a gay Christian is like. Because she knows everything, right?

So ready to have Jedidiah gone. Raven is taking on Whoopi's worst characteristics. (I rolled my eyes so hard when she said she had already heard all that Hillary said in her speech yesterday, when HRC was First Lady. Really, Raven, you're one of the most politically ignorant people I've ever seen on TV -- and you claim you were paying attention to the First Lady's talking points between 1993 and 2001, when you were between 8 and 15 years old? Not buying it, kid.) Lala Whoever had the most egocentric talking points I've seen in a long time. She seems like she's better suited for a Real Housewives show than The View.

Thank God for Joy being on this show.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, pinkle6 said:

Sorry to see Michelle go. She definitely didn't get a fair chance. One more person to add to the list of "I've Been Screwed Over By The View".

I'm not going to miss her, to tell the truth.  I didn't think her performance during tryouts warranted a place as a regular panelist to begin with.  IMO, she got a fair shot to prove herself, Whoopi adored her and actively tried to get the audience to see the hilarity that, frankly, escaped me and most of the audience.  Her delivery was often too fast and garbled and her timing was so poor that she became tiresome to me.  Honestly, I'm sure she's a nice enough person but I don't see how she got screwed.  In comparison, Joy initially started as a part time panelist, but she made such a good impression in such a short amount of time, that they expanded the initial number of hosts to include her.  She's had plenty of groan-worthy jokes, but overall Joy is strong in other areas.  Michelle, sadly, is not (to me).

What I will miss is her viewpoint.  Single and in "the industry," but relatable to average folks.  I did appreciate that you didn't immediately know what side of an issue she would take.  I think the show was a great opportunity for her to get her name out there and make contacts with people who can take her career to the next level.  Heck, she even got to meet and perform for music producer L.A. Reid (although she won the karaoke contest I wasn't personally wowed by her performance).  Given how little I was entertained or amused by her, I think she was quite lucky to get the gig and the spotlight, however short-lived.  I'm sure she'll be fine in the long run.

• Love 7
(edited)
14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Michelle hasn't been on all week, and I don't think she's been mentioned.  I wonder if they plan to phrase her out and just never mention her again.

When she was on last week, I vaguely recall Michelle mentioning she was going on an extended trip/vacation.

She is mentioned every day.....in the Opening Credits.  <g>

ETA....And it looks like it's only Variety that has the "scoop".  All the other sites mention Variety as the source.  That's how the media works in 2016. One source and everyone gloms onto it, screeching exclusive (the msn article has tiny tiny micetype "Provided by Variety"). The main Variety article does mention that Michelle is on a European Vacation.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-view-michelle-collins-co-host-exits-1201788498/

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I know I am in the minority, but I enjoy Sara Haines. I find her very pleasant and missed her when she left Hoda and Kathie Lee.

I like her too.  She's more genial than Paula, Raven, or Jedidiah.  She may be bland to some, but I'd rather listen to bland than irksome.

I guess it's an unpopular opinion that I don't care that Michelle is leaving.  Her jokes were terrible and generally brought the discussion to a screeching halt.

8 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

Thank God Whoopi wasn't there to tell him what being a gay Christian is like.

Ha!  Isn't that the truth!  It was a good interview.  

• Love 3

Michelle was really terrible and just awkward.  I don't even know where she goes in her career from here since she's not good at anything.  Maybe manage a dentist's office.

• Love 4

Not sure who they are referring to as two "wild card" in that article.  I'd be surprised if Sunny Hostin and Sara Haines didn't join the panel.  At least, I hope neither of the "wild cards" is that Jed woman.

It will be airhead Sara Haines and Sunny next season which will NOT save this show.  It will become "The Talk" sooner rather than later.

Airhead Sara Haines was on almost daily before the baby, the over the top baby shower, the Mother's Day show and bam she is there on her first day back. Sunny made herself right at home from the start. They are glued to the table now!

• Love 1

I did think Sara had good points during the Trump U discussion.  She might might be too sweet for the catty backstabbers at the View.

With that said, I've always suspected CCB only wanted to do the show for just a season to try something new.  In a way, it did expand her to a larger audience, provided some nice promotion for Fuller house, and a little plug for her Hallmark movies.  Career wise, the show helped....and it didn't hurt how people viewed her....people that didnt like her still won't like her..and people that liked her will still like her..so she broke even.

Raven, on the other hand, I think the show hurt her rather then helped her.

Michelle..I'd like to see on a different show..maybe without the jokes..because she seemed nice and with a cool viewpoint.

• Love 5

I watched yesterday's show in the early evening & was able to concentrate on what everyone was saying about Raven's "looks".  First, her resting face (which doesn't rest often) is a bitch face, so there's that.  Second, if you really watch, her reactions to what is being said appears to be "looks" that she has been taught, i.e. cutesy, disapproving, happy, scowl, delighted, ad infinitum.  Her reactions are so ingrained (trained), I don't think she she's aware that it's happening.

My family used to tease me about my "out of control" left eyebrow that would shoot into an arch (on it's own) when I was experiencing any kind of angst.  Just saying'.

• Love 5

"well timed zingers"!!! Were they watching Michelle on the show. That's why she's gone I think. Bad timing and unfunny jokes most of the time.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Raven, on the other hand, I think the show hurt her rather then helped her.

I think so, too. I didn't like her before the show (and she had already made it known how stupid she is via an Oprah interview), but who knew she was a vile diva-wannabe until she was on The View daily?

I don't mind Sara, but I think Vinyasa's right about the show turning into The Talk. The day we had next season's lineup with Sara and Sunny there, it felt just like Mommy Central aka The Talk. Which I don't find enticing at all. Even the seat arrangement is the same. Compare the women in each spot with who's in the same spot on The Talk, and it looks intentional: Whoopi, the know-it-all clown who everyone is contractually obligated to laugh at and who always has the last word (Sheryl); Sara, the bland one who is super nice to everyone (Sara); Joy, the sassy, outspoken red-head and oldest on the panel (Sharon); Sunny, the level-headed one (Aisha); and Paula, the journalist with broadcasting experience (Julie). Yes, some differences, but the huge similarities are obvious.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, rcc said:

"well timed zingers"!!! Were they watching Michelle on the show. That's why she's gone I think. Bad timing and unfunny jokes most of the time.

did I read it right that the reasons they fired her were the reasons they hired her?  Be careful of what you ask for because you just might get it.

• Love 2

They probably thought Michele would be witty and she really is not doing well on that front! 

5 hours ago, rcc said:

Bad timing and unfunny jokes most of the time.

Yep! 

• Love 1
(edited)

don't mind Sara, but I think Vinyasa's right about the show turning into The Talk. The day we had next season's lineup with Sara and Sunny there, it felt just like Mommy Central aka The Talk. Which I don't find enticing at all. Even the seat arrangement is the same. Compare the women in each spot with who's in the same spot on The Talk, and it looks intentional: Whoopi, the know-it-all clown who everyone is contractually obligated to laugh at and who always has the last word (Sheryl); Sara, the bland one who is super nice to everyone (Sara); Joy, the sassy, outspoken red-head and oldest on the panel (Sharon); Sunny, the level-headed one (Aisha); and Paula, the journalist with broadcasting experience (Julie). Yes, some differences, but the huge similarities are obvious.

Wow, I hadn't thought of it that way but you've really nailed it on the similarities between the hosts!!!! And all of them are 40+ (airhead Sara Haines will be 39 in Sept so that is close enough)

It really is going to be a carbon copy of The Talk.

Not that I want the return of the Jedi, but she adds something different.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2

I've said it before and I will say it again.   The View has an identity problem.  They want to have political discussions and then in the next breath talk about meaningless drivel like cleavage or whatever they were talking about yesterday. 

With the original lineup I don't really remember them ever really doing political topics but they did cover the serious topics of whatever was going on at the time.   But nowadays it's just cluster fuck.   They all have their talking points and you pretty much know how each and every one of them is going to react to each subject. 

The worst thing a talk show can be is predictable and that is what the View has become. 

• Love 6

From the Variety article:

Although ABC bosses were down on Symone early in the season for her lack of knowledge about politics, the ex-Disney star might get a reprieve. Sources say the network is on the fence about bringing her back (with her supporters pointing out that, at 30, she’s the millennial voice for Hot Topics).

I don't think Millennials would see Raven as a voice for their views (she is clueless)- and most millennials (I have 2 of them) don't watch network TV  (so her presence isn't going to draw them in!)

• Love 8
1 hour ago, springtime said:

From the Variety article:

I don't think Millennials would see Raven as a voice for their views (she is clueless)- and most millennials (I have 2 of them) don't watch network TV  (so her presence isn't going to draw them in!)

Exactly, - and if they did watch network TV, it surely wouldn't be the View!!

• Love 8

Will Michelle keep her weekly appearance? Will her leaving be addressed? Will Whoopi throw a fit?

it sucks the press leaked it as a firing and not that "chose" to leave. BW at least had that going for her when she fired her panelists.

• Love 1