Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/30/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: (Repeat) Democratic front-runner Secretary Hillary Clinton.

Tuesday: Kenan Thompson ("Maya and Marty"; "Saturday Night Live").

Wednesday: Tyler Perry ("Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows"); "The View" kicks off the second Fantasy Movie League with ESPN'S senior fantasy analyst and founder of FantasyMovieLeague.com, Matthew Berry.

Thursday: W. Kamau Bell (CNN's Docuseries "United Shades of America"); Tony Award-nominee Cynthia Erivo with a performance from Broadway's "The Color Purple."

Friday: Day of Hot Topics.

Tuesday: Kenan Thompson ("Maya and Marty"; "Saturday Night Live").

I like Kenan. I really REALLY hope Marty & Maya's variety show is good & that the network gives it a chance. I'm not very optimistic though. I guess variety shows are a thing of the past.

• Love 1
(edited)

Saw this in a article about airhead Sara Haines being on GMA today (which I do not watch).

"The ABC News correspondent and Weekend Pop News anchor last week told of her excitement about going back to work.She said she is 'so excited' about presenting GMA today, The View tomorrow and Weekend on Saturday."

Probably all week of her on The View..........Help me please!!!

Guess I'll stop watching before next season now.

Edited by Vinyasa
  • Love 2

I've enjoyed United Shades of America so I'll try to remember to pop in for Thursday's guest, W. Kamau Bell.  The View isn't must see tv for me because I can't tolerate most of the hosts, but "sparks" might fly if Kamau talks about the KKK episode and the conversation leads to Donald Trump and his white supremacist supporters.  It might be enjoyable to watch Paula try to support Trump once again while Kamau is able to shine a light on what Trump's supporters truly represent.

• Love 4

It was probably a repeat from May Sweeps but I turned on The Talk this afternoon and they had Elton John!  Hmmmm, what did this show do for May Sweeps besides lots and lots of Not Hot Topics?  

Sara Haines was back on GMA this morning, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her on The View this week.  I don't dislike her; she has grown on me since she started guest hosting.  If they're going to bring in another person from GMA, I'd rather her or Amy Robach; I'm good as long as it's not Lara Spencer or Ginger Zee (both grate on my last nerve and act like they have to be the cutesy center of attention).

• Love 2

Hate to agree with Whoopie, but, she's right.  Neither Bernie or Donald have ever explained how they are planning to make their promises a reality.  Strange day when I'm liking Sunny and agreeing with Whoopie.

• Love 2
(edited)

Joy didn't go far enough when she brought up Trump's criticism of McCain, "He's not a hero, he got captured".   SHe needed to add that Trump was a draft dodger.  He was of draft age, and got a medical deferment for having a heel spur - and then went to college and played sports in college.   Trump can't look down on someone's military career when he chickened out with a doctor's note.

Whoopi talking about the zoo incident.  She skipped right over the issue that people go to the zoos to SEE the animals, and making sure that nobody can ever climb, crawl, jump, into an animal enclosure would mean concrete barriers that would interfere with the experience of going to the zoo.  We want to see animals up close and personal in their natural habitats, but yet be protected from them.   I don't think Whoopi read that the kid climbed the barrier, went through bushes, and THEN dropped 15 feet to the moat. 

ANd yes, @GiveMeSpace, My first kid was born nearly 30 years ago.   Even then, I spent much of my pregnancy READING  - Dr. Spock, Penelope Leach, the "what to expect"  books.  Not to mention that there were TWO monthly magazines -  PARENTS was one, with tons of articles in between the ads and coupons.   I sure as heck didn't know EVERYTHING, but I sure had some idea of what to do.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 10

I wasn't even remotely surprised that Whoopie would find fault with the zoo whose barriers have been adequate for 38 years. It couldn't have anything to do with the mother on her cell phone with more kids than she could manage. 

• Love 10

I actually agreed with Sunny's assertions about the need for Zoos, but Whoopie as usual was on the attack because she disagreed with Sunny. I have never liked Zoos even as a kid. It is just a fancy prison for animals. Animals are meant to be free and live their lives on the planet like us. I understand the reasoning behind a Zoo. I also understand that the loss of habitat and human population have encroached on their territories around the world, not to mention poaching by evil humans for profit. Nevertheless, I still find zoos to be unnatural and artificial...I think it is sad that certain types of animals around the world are disappearing at an alarming rate with no end in sight..

I think the panel today is the one for the new season. I am not impressed. I think Michele should be in Sarah's spot...She adds nothing to the discussion and I have a feeling that she will be kissing Whoopie's ass. I think it is pretty obvious that Whoopi and Joy no longer have any love for each other...There seems to be a disconnect and tension between them and it makes me a bit sad...

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I actually agreed with Sunny's assertions about the need for Zoos, but Whoopie as usual was on the attack because she disagreed with Sunny. I have never liked Zoos even as a kid. It is just a fancy prison for animals. Animals are meant to be free and live their lives on the planet like us. I understand the reasoning behind a Zoo. I also understand that the loss of habitat and human population have encroached on their territories around the world, not to mention poaching by evil humans for profit. Nevertheless, I still find zoos to be unnatural and artificial...I think it is sad that certain types of animals around the world are disappearing at an alarming rate with no end in sight..

I think the panel today is the one for the new season. I am not impressed. I think Michele should be in Sarah's spot...She adds nothing to the discussion and I have a feeling that she will be kissing Whoopie's ass. I think it is pretty obvious that Whoopi and Joy no longer have any love for each other...There seems to be a disconnect and tension between them and it makes me a bit sad...

My bold.  If Joy's looks could kill.....

Whoopi just would.not.shut.up & kept repeating her stance on the zoo's inability to keep the kid safe, how many times?  Gawd!!!

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I wasn't even remotely surprised that Whoopie would find fault with the zoo whose barriers have been adequate for 38 years. It couldn't have anything to do with the mother on her cell phone with more kids than she could manage. 

I can't believe that NOT ONE person on the panel seemed to hold the mother accountable in the slightest.  They went on and on about how hard it is to watch your damn kid, they are so precocious (stupid Paula said that), it only takes a second.  But for thirty-eight years ... THIRTY-EIGHT YEARS ... thousands upon thousands of parents and children going there ... not one other parent managed to lose their damn kid down the gorilla pit.  You really don't think that this mother was negligent somehow?  Because if the zoo is to blame and it was too easy for a kid to fall in there, Whoopi, it would have happened by now. 

I have been to the Cincinnati zoo probably a dozen times.  I can't imagine how that kid managed to get into the enclosure. His mother must have been paying no attention to him at all.  The whole discussion just infuriated me.

I won't even start on whether or not the zoo keepers acted appropriately, except to note that this subject was completely missed by the panel.   They were too busy defending the moron who was to blame for what happened.  I was disgusted by every single one of them.

• Love 13

Knowing she’ll be on the show for another year must’ve energized Whoopi. She was in a mood to lecture everyone this morning.

The story about the gorilla being shot is why this panel needed more diversity (ie, Michelle). Of course they’re all mothers so none of them blamed the parent(s) for not keeping track of their children in a zoo and getting an innocent animal shot in the process. I know every parent has accidents, but s/he still holds responsibility and they should be fined or at least pay the cost of replacing the animal.

Sara is a non-entity to me. My only problem with her is: what did she do to earn her spot on this show? Everything I’ve seen of her, she’s pretty bland, so I doubt anyone was clamoring for her. Still, she’s better than Jed, but having at least one single lady without kids would’ve been nice.

Loved the SNL clip they played of Larry David. Too bad they couldn't have played the rest, with the dance that follows. Hilarious.

• Love 9

You & me both @Celia Rubenstein.  I was watching CNN most of yesterday (baking/cooking & no tennis because of rain in Paris) & heard everything there was to say about the situation.  In my opinion, the zoo had NO CHOICE.  (If they had of darted the gorilla, he may have torn the child apart in his panic before succumbing to the anesthetic.)  As far as I'm concerned, the MOM is to blame & would be suing the hell out of the zoo if anything had happened to the boy.  Just sayin'.  Not to mention, personally, I'm broken-hearted that a beautiful gorilla had to be killed because of that stupid woman!!!

... and Whoopi, "whore monger" is not a "New York" word!!!  I heard that word spoken by family members when I was a kid in OTTAWA, CANADA.  Gawd, give me a break from this woman, PLEASE!!!

• Love 10

I think the panel today is the one for the new season. I am not impressed. I think Michele should be in Sarah's spot...She adds nothing to the discussion and I have a feeling that she will be kissing Whoopie's ass

It's gonna be boring with airhead Sara Haines added to the panel.

Sara is a non-entity to me. My only problem with her is: what did she do to earn her spot on this show? Everything I’ve seen of her, she’s pretty bland, so I doubt anyone was clamoring for her.

She did nothing to earn a spot. I think they were so quick to get rid of Michelle, Raven and CCB that she was just tossed in from GMA and Paula wanted her there. I see nothing wrong getting rid of CCB but Michelle wasn't given a fair chance.

Airhead Sara Haines isn't given them anything that don't already have in Paula.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

My bold.  If Joy's looks could kill.....

Whoopi just would.not.shut.up & kept repeating her stance on the zoo's inability to keep the kid safe, how many times?  Gawd!!!

We can make a comparison to going somewhere like the grand canyon.  Sometimes kids, and adults, fall.  They act stupid, they stumble, they faint.  Kids have died there.  Does that mean that we need to fence off the whole thing so that no child will be able to accidentally fall? No, because a barrier would destroy the experience for visitors. The grand canyon park is not responsible for making sure nobody can get hurt.   Same with zoos. If a kid climbs up a fence or barrier and gets hurt, is the zoo responsible for having that fence there?  But wait, if they DON'T have the fence, the zoo is responsible for kids getting to the animals.  A zoo that is 100% safe would have the animals so far away from people that nobody would go.  Before zoos had natural habitats, they had wild animals in CAGES, with a roped off barrier.  Did kids ever get too close? I have no idea.  But parents didn't assume it was safe.  

And I still recall taking my hyperactive toddler to zoos, national parks and theme parks and getting dirty looks and critical comments because I had a harness on him.  I knew my kid, I knew how fearless he was, and how he loved to climb.  I also knew that it was MY  responsibility to keep him safe.  No, he wasn't "on a leash" every day, but in places where there is danger, when he was at that age, hell yeah!

• Love 12

My opinion on zoo mom's  culpability changed a tad after reading Adam Mordecai  blog.  He posted a response from a woman who was standing next to them.   Her husband went over barrier and she had to convince him not to go down. Sorry can't link. 

I was in and out of the room but Whoopii's non stop argumentative tone got on my last nerve.  Miss Meridith at the helm and Joy does such a great job without steam rolling everyone. Joy just puts a topic out there and let's others contribute.  Very distressed to hear another year of is blow hard. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

My opinion on zoo mom's  culpability changed a tad after reading Adam Mordecai  blog.  He posted a response from a woman who was standing next to them.   Her husband went over barrier and she had to convince him not to go down. Sorry can't link. 

I was in and out of the room but Whoopii's non stop argumentative tone got on my last nerve.  Miss Meridith at the helm and Joy does such a great job without steam rolling everyone. Joy just puts a topic out there and let's others contribute.  Very distressed to hear another year of is blow hard. 

My bold.  Yes, @athousandclowns, mine too.  Having never been a Mom to a child, I didn't "get it", but now I see how it could happen.

I understand that mileage varies, but I resent the assertion from the blogger that to hold the mother accountable means you obviously have never been a parent.  To begin with, you don't have to be a parent to know something about children.  That is a shitty argument just meant to shut down discussion and it's unfair.  

Even the miserable cows sitting at the table today didn't take such a crummy stance.  Then again they all agreed, so who knows how they might have responded to someone who felt differently.  That is why we need someone like Michelle for diversity, as TheGreenKnight mentioned above.  Hell, even Raven would have been nice to have on the panel today. Just someone not so steeped in the mommy shit she can't see past it. Ugh, how I wish someone had been there to challenge the en masse position everyone took on the show today.  I have no use for a show about Views if everyone shares the same one.

But what bugs me even more about that blog is that it is entirely possible to actually BE a parent and still believe that parental negligence played a part in what happened.  I hate it when people generalize about what one must think or feel based on their status as a parent.  Like there is something wrong with you if you don't feel the way they think you should.  That's such crap, and meant to stifle opposing viewpoints just like excluding non-parents from being entitled to an opinion is.  

I don't know if Jeff Corwin is a parent (thus entitled to have an opinion according to the blogger), but he was just interviewed on the news and he is familiar with this zoo.  He asserted that there is no way this child got into the enclosure in the nanosecond everyone claims it happened.  Mr. Blogger Guy can quote all the excited facebook posts made by terrified witnesses he wants to to justify his opinion, but I am going to believe Jeff Corwin.  Even if he has never been the parent of a 4-year-old.  Sorry blogger dude.

While we are mentioning facebook posts, I will say that the facebook post I want to read is one by someone who observed what the mother was up to while her kid scaled the barrier or slipped under it.  Because according to the mother, she had just taken a picture.  I wonder if she was busy admiring her pic or posting it to Facebook when she should have been paying attention to her son who had been exclaiming about how he wanted to get in there with the apes.  

Dang, it would have been an excellent chance for Raven to use her social media sleuthing skills.  Too bad she wasn't there today.

• Love 10

I agree, @Celia Rubenstein.  I only have 2 kids. At some ages, I wouldn't take my kids to a busy place unless my husband was coming too. And I watched them like a hawk.  If I was the only adult, with 4 kids, I wouldn't be taking photos.

I don't want to be quick to blame the mom. As vigilant as I am, my kids have escaped from me more than once.  But I thought Whoopi was dead wrong in saying the zoo had to have barriers so nobody could possibly get through. Kids climb, crawl, slither, jump. There's no way to protect them from every possibility. kids die every year from climbing into places they shouldn't be. We can't protect all places from the possibility that a person could get hurt if they don't follow the rules.  Imagine what restaurants, stores, parks, would be like if the standard was that it was impossible for a kid to be hurt.

If I have a swimming pool in my yard, a child could drown. The law says I have to take certain precautions. But if I have a fence, a locked gate, and your kid still manages to come in and drown in my pool, I don't want to be told that the fence needed to be higher, the lock more secure.  Keep your kid out of my yard!  That's how I feel about what Whoopi said about the zoo. The exhibit followed the standards of safety. But it's not impenetrable.  Very few things are.  Parents need to be more aware of the risks. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

It's gonna be boring with airhead Sara Haines added to the panel.

She did nothing to earn a spot. I think they were so quick to get rid of Michelle, Raven and CCB that she was just tossed in from GMA and Paula wanted her there. I see nothing wrong getting rid of CCB but Michelle wasn't given a fair chance.

Airhead Sara Haines isn't given them anything that don't already have in Paula.

Michelle had a whole year (9 months) to make a good impression and keep her position on the panel.  She  was an annoying little bug with her humorless jokes  and interruptions.  It isn't fair to label Sara an airhead when the   times she was on, the discussion  was just about her baby-to-be.  Maybe she will turn out to be a serious person with  a lot to  give the panel.

• Love 6

Today is why I'll miss Michelle..and even Raven a bit...because both had different stances that weren't like all the others.

If the panel is like this next season...I want a little less mommy talk and more serious topics.  This isn't The Talk

• Love 3

I thought Whoopie hated this gig and couldn't wait to get out?  

We had a similar incident here at our zoo.  A mother picked up her toddler son, and let him stand on a wood railing overlooking wild African Dogs. The railing was not a level one, but had a slight downward slope. Of course, the boy squirmed out of his mother's hands and fell into the dog pit, where he unfortunately died.  The mother blamed the zoo, took no responsibility for standing the boy on a railing, and sued the zoo. Instead of taking it to court, they settled and the family got a lot of money.  

When did parental responsibility go away?   I feel bad for the family, but that poor little boy should never have been put up to stand on the railing.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Maaaaannnnnn, Whoopi was in lecture mode today. And I was about to scream at the TV if Paula had repeated "What does he have to gain?" one. more. freaking. time. about Donald Trump's refusal to debate Bernie Sanders. That was just .... infuriating. Smug inpenetrable arguing. How charming.

I'm a zoo fan. My favorite is Naples Zoo in Florida. Most, if not all, of their animals are critically endangered in the wild and they are involved in responsible breeding programs to keep them from going extinct. They are among the 9% of the zoos in the country that are AZA accredited. When zoos are done right, I'm like, go for it. Preserve those animals! Seeing the animals there, and how well-kept they are, along with seeing photos of the armed park rangers in Africa protecting the endangered rhinos and elephants 24/7, make me a zoo believer. Nature is often ugly, cruel and relentless. Zoo animals don't generally starve, become prey, or lose territory or body parts to greedy humans.

I don't have kids, because frankly, being responsible for someone with free will and sending them out into the world each day and trusting that they'll be fine is something I couldn't do. Kids are fast little buggers, and I have the memory of my BIL chasing my toddler nephew through a large display, behind glass, at the Museum of Science & Industry. The Harambe story is a terrible tragedy for everyone. No good sides to it except that the little boy wasn't seriously harmed.

Sarah Haines is just so vanilla. She leaves no impression at all on me.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 3

I will forever remain confused why Sarah Haines is described as an airhead, since the definition for an airhead, to me, imeans someone who is an idiot and can't put together a string of words or sentences in a cohesive, intelligent manner. What she is, though, is a sucker upper. And a whiner. But relatively harmless. My eyes could not roll hard enough when she was whining about how "scarrrrrrrry" it was to have a baby and not knowing how to take care of him, or what to do, blah, blah blah and Sunny's wide-eyed agreement just made me want to smack them. I mean, women have only been having babies for millions of years now and the human species is still around.  And yes, there ae plenty of books out there, which have already been mentioned. But the one thing I came away with was saying to my television, if she's sooooo scared, and really doesn't think she's up to raising a child and doesn't know what to do, then maybe she shouldn't have had one? Or practiced with a puppy first. I may not have children of my own, but I have done my fair share of taking care of them--infants to toddlers, so I have no patience for the likes of Sarah and Sunny when they whine about having no one to help them or tell them what to do. Pick up a book. 

And as is typical for this show, they didn't talk about the ENTIRE story of what happened in the Cincinnati zoo. I'd heard snippets, but I've been sick for a week now, so couldn't tell if it took place at the National Zoo, here in DC or what. I was shocked to see Gorilla drag the kid like he?she? did like a rag doll. I mean, with all of social media these days, my Face Book feed is inundated with "awesome animals" and I've seen a lot where Gorillas, Apes, Orangutans, etc, care for not only their babies, but like lion cubs, etc. I thought for a second that the gorilla was going to cuddle the human child. Call me naive. 

But yeah, I'm with @Celia Rubenstein when it comes to holding the mother responsible in this. Sunny did say when she first heard the story, she started getting "judgy" against the mom, but then changed her mind. Or something. Whatever. And now I'm going to sound like a hypocrite, because I hate SeaWorld (now, after seeing Blackfish) and want all the orcas free, and don't like seeing animals in cages, yet, I do like going to the zoo to see the lions, tigers, gorillas/apes/monkeys/ elephants, etc. When I was in elementary school, at the end of the year, ALL GRADES got to go the zoo as a last field trip. And nothing ever happened. NOTHING. I'm suprised no one caught the whole thing on tape or video with everyone loving and recording every damn fucking thing on their phones these days. 

And Paula can also shut the fuck up. "What does he have to gain" my ass. And trying to say that everyone who kowtows to that blowhard, is in fact, taking the high road. UGH. So glad that Sunny shut that down quick, and called him a bully. She remained quiet after that. 

• Love 4

Is parenting hard?  Yes, it can be.  Is it so difficult and overwhelming that it will drive you the point of nervous breakdown?  Probably not and if it does then I'm going to say you probably shouldn't have become a parent then.  I am simply baffled by supposedly educated women who sit at that table and say "Parenting is just hard.  Nobody tells you what to expect.  I had no idea it was going to be like this and blah blah blah."  Everyone knows parenting is a job that requires on the job training  What works for one parent might not work for another parent.  And this new thing where mothers are acting like they don't know what to do just smacks of women not wanting to be blamed when something goes wrong.  Oh look I had no idea if I took my eyes off my 4yr old son he might wander into a gorilla pit.  Oh look I had no idea if I was on my phone 24/7 I wouldn't notice my 2 yr. old daughter unlock the door and run out into traffic.  Yes mistakes happen but to act like they are never the parent's fault is simply ridiculous.  Your number one job as a parent is to keep your child safe.  When they are under the age of 5 that should simply be keeping them in your eyesight when in such a place there are dangers.  Like you know, a zoo for example.   This mother according to reports had told her son to hold onto her back pocket.  Why not have him just stand in front of her?  My now 23 yr. old son up until he was probably 10 years was always made to walk in front of me when we were out in public.  There is such a thing as common sense.

And if Paula and Sunny and Sara think parenting is so hard then maybe they should try doing it 24/7 without a husband to help.  Then we can talk about how hard parenting is.

• Love 15

I'm really going to hate Sara on the panel if she's always going to say things like "you sound like a Mom". "I can tell you're a Mom."  Big f'ing deal, Sara.  In a lot of cases, it's harder to keep from being a mom than it is to become one.  Shut up.

• Love 9

Today is why I'll miss Michelle..and even Raven a bit...because both had different stances that weren't like all the others.

If the panel is like this next season...I want a little less mommy talk and more serious topics.  This isn't The Talk

It is going to be very long June, July and part Aug with airhead Sara Haines. There are no words for next season with her. The nonstop Mom talk as arrived.

At least Raven added some life to the show today.

Something I read on another site which made me think of what Whoopi had said about the zoo enclosure:   Zoo barriers, cages, etc.,  are designed primarily to prevent  the animals from escaping, NOT  to prevent people from jumping in.  If a gorilla scales a 15 foot wall and gets through two barriers,  THEN we can point fingers at the zoo for not protecting people from animals. 

• Love 11

I hope Sara Haines isn't permanent.  Maybe it's just me, but I have no patience for any of these "lifestyle" reporters who try and tell people what they need in their lives or to report on the lives of millionaire celebrities who no normal person can relate to, kind of like Paltrow's Goop blog where she shills crap that 90% of the population can afford.  

• Love 3

I like Sara and understand she's a new mother and all, but I have a feeling every subject will be turned into nonstop baby talk somehow.

• Love 2

Joy seemed weirdly out of step today.  She looked pissed off for the first ten minutes of the show, then started in with the  "Life's a bitch then you die" ... was that what she said kids should be told, lol?  "Look at how depressed your mother is, that's life. Get used to it."   Then she didn't understand the hashtag thing and seemed disgusted.  Hahah  It was kind of funny, but she seemed like she didn't want to be there.  I can't fault her, though.  It's a miracle she EVER wants to be there. 

In the interests of being fair to my nemesis Paula, I will note that she did point out that journalists were just doing their job questioning Donald Trump about his vet donations, and she mentioned that he only started writing checks when that Washington Post story was about to come out.  I guess where her esteemed profession is being attacked, she is willing to actually side against Donald Trump.  Now if she would only show the same concern about Trump running his mouth when he is talking trash about women, Mexicans, other politicians, anyone who dares to criticize or question him etc etc etc. we might be on to something. 

• Love 5

So tired of watching more inanity (IMO) re that poor l'il 400 lb gorilla - my only question is why, in this country teeming with guns, did it take TEN LONG MINUTES to put the unfortunate beast out of his misery & rescue that toddler??  I'm an animal lover nonpareil, disapprove of zoos, etc. (but would love to see a certain species RedFacedTrumpis nicely enclosed in a soundproof cage & performing for our viewing fascination) & hate guns, but surely they should be immediately available to guards in a place housing dangerous animals? Where's the f'g NRA the ONE time we need it? 

I can't conceive of how that child's mother was able to respond so well in this unimaginable emergency, reassuring her poor kid & trying to keep him calm - I'd be totally useless, no doubt, shrieking, shaking & carrying on (well,that's just me - I know I need to improve - a lot!!)  Yes, I agree the mom was at fault - whaddya gonna do, MomBusters?  Hang 'er high?? An accident is not prima facie "negligence" - she apparently had several kids with her - there but for the grace of God...

And trust The View to turn this into a racial issue??  I don't get my news from Face Book (sorry Raven) & had no idea until today's show that race had entered the discussion, much less talk of the absent dad's background.  No wonder the world snickers (or quavers) at us as Drumpf moves ever closer to Oz.

• Love 7
(edited)

But it wasn't The View that turned it into a racial issue. It was Fox News, where the father's criminal background was mentioned 4 times on Fox & Friends. 

http://www.newshounds.us/fox_news_harps_on_black_father_s_rap_sheet_to_blame_him_for_gorilla_s_death_053116

Of course, F & F has a much broader US audience than The Daily Mail and the panel was being more than a little disingenuous in pointing to The Daily Mail as the source without mentioning Fox News. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 2