Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/30/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Whoopi has a bug up her ass about the Daily Mail because they are always reporting she threw a fit or she's fired or leaving, lol.   So I'm not surprised she focused on them.  She even mentioned she was one of their targets and sneered to the audience "I'm not going anywhere."

Yeah, well ... maybe you're not going anywhere Whoopi.  But you will be working for fifty cents on the dollar next season, won't you?  At least according to the Daily Mail, snerk snerk snerk!!!!

• Love 12
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 10:14 AM, backformore said:

Joy didn't go far enough when she brought up Trump's criticism of McCain, "He's not a hero, he got captured".   SHe needed to add that Trump was a draft dodger.  He was of draft age, and got a medical deferment for having a heel spur - and then went to college and played sports in college.   Trump can't look down on someone's military career when he chickened out with a doctor's note.

Especially sad to see Trump go after McCain of all people when Trump's the definition of a coward. Loved Joy calling him out. 

22 hours ago, geekburger said:

Liked the panel... they are a smart group comparatively. Wouldn't mind Michelle being a "friend of."

I wonder if this is why Whoopi has been so annoyed these past two days. We remember what happened the last time the rest of the panel was smarter than her.... I guess it goes against her persona if there's nobody stupid who looks at her for wisdom and knowledge of all things.

4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

In the interests of being fair to my nemesis Paula, I will note that she did point out that journalists were just doing their job questioning Donald Trump about his vet donations, and she mentioned that he only started writing checks when that Washington Post story was about to come out.  I guess where her esteemed profession is being attacked, she is willing to actually side against Donald Trump.  Now if she would only show the same concern about Trump running his mouth when he is talking trash about women, Mexicans, other politicians, anyone who dares to criticize or question him etc etc etc. we might be on to something. 

I'm guessing it's only because he called out an ABC journalist in particular. So she had to defend her network, that's all. She'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Whoopi must’ve screwed one of the executives if they’re this afraid of firing her. The week after her contract is renewed and she’s back to ruining the show. The screaming at the beginning seemed worse than usual, like she’s thumbing her nose up at her naysayers or Joy even, especially combined with all the other digs she throws Joy’s way. Hard to believe I ever liked her. She's completely rancid. At least she lost half that paycheck she doesn't deserve. LOL Her name value really is the only thing she's bringing to the table.

You know, this season has mostly been free of Michelle and Candace. Too bad we couldn't have been spared Raven. If she's the only option on the table, I’m fine with no young one. Such a moron.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 8
(edited)

You're probably right, GreenKnight ... if Trump had attacked someone from CBS, Paula probably wouldn't have given a rat's hairy ass.  

I wonder if Michelle is kicking herself for blowing this gig (so to speak, I don't entirely blame her).  If she had just made half as many jokes and twice as many comments disagreeing with Paula and Candice, I think she'd still have a job. I am surprised how disappointed I am to hear she won't be back.  

Who will be back? Whoopi unfortunately, Paula double unfortunately, Joy, ... they are adding Sarah what-s-her-face, oy vey .... is that it?  Don't they need a fifth person?  Who am I forgetting? 

eta Sunny, that's right .... Sunny, who I am liking less and less after begging the TV gods to put her on full time.  I shall be more careful what I wish for in the future

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm guessing it's only because he called out an ABC journalist in particular. So she had to defend her network, that's all. She's be back to normal tomorrow.

Bingo.

A friend recently returned from a trip to Europe. She said she lost count how many times she was asked by locals about Trump. The world thinks we've gone insane. Can't say I disagree.

I had to laugh about the promos for the new movie contest, claiming the winner would [paraphrase] roll with the A List.  Considering the View's booking agent can't book any A Listers, I don't think they have the pull to line up celebs for viewers to hang with.

• Love 5

Today's show was a mess:

• Whoopi lecturing, eating up valuable air time while the others giggle and look on with awe and wonderment, continuing to never ask her to clarify anything 
  • Raven just not connecting--yet when she does speak its inarticulate and just out of touch 
  • Paula fools no one with her agenda but continued to not own it, resulting in passive aggressive digs
  • Joy almost hitting good points but then being so out of touch #hashtag

Sara is my least objectionable today and continue liking her on the panel. She's warm, friendly, and seems like she has a good head on her shoulder with intelligence. However if she just toes the ABC/GMA line it's a waste of a spot. We have Paula for that.

• Love 3

God you guys are good!  Can't believe most of you regularly watch this thing called a show.

I read your posts all the time and have yet to find one single thing that would entice me to watch one minute much less 60.

Even Joy sounds less than entertaining much of the time.

So glad I broke the habit......

• Love 3

I'm really going to hate Sara on the panel if she's always going to say things like "you sound like a Mom". "I can tell you're a Mom."  Big f'ing deal, Sara.  

Airhead Sara  Haines is just a carbon copy of Paula. We don't need best GMA pals on this show.

Either is this is people with different views or GMA's view. They need to decide.

OMG, production needs to stop giving these women food for props! 

They are incapable of leaving it alone (although I think Paula and maybe Raven did) and watching  Parenting-Expert-and-Infant-Impersonator Whoopi shove handfuls of popcorn into her mouth while TALKING was disgusting, even if it's not new.   

3 hours ago, Vinyasa said:

Airhead Sara  Haines is just a carbon copy of Paula. We don't need best GMA pals on this show.

Either is this is people with different views or GMA's view. They need to decide.

I think whomever said ABC is trying to transition The Spew out and a fourth hour of GMA is probably right.  Maybe they are trying to copy Kathy Lee and Hoda... I don't know but I don't care because I don't watch either one.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, geekburger said:

Sara is my least objectionable today and continue liking her on the panel. She's warm, friendly, and seems like she has a good head on her shoulder with intelligence.

I agree.  I don't find Sara objectionable at all, nor an "airhead".  I've known of her since her days on KLG+Hoda, sequestered into a dark corner, where she spewed out internet and facebook trivia that most web-active folks already knew.  This was at least 5 years ago, though, and even that short time ago, everyone wasn't as connected as now.  I knew that she had joined ABC/GMA, but I never watched AM TV -- still only watch KLG+Hoda during their 2AM rerun.

As for Sara, I do think she is a Team Player, and will always spew The Company Line.  That isn't "airhead"y. It's pretty much what 90% of any employee base of any company does.  Pre-baby, she came across as having mastered her Blue Card crib notes.  She just returned to the air. so she's bound to be a bit rough.  She's never going to be a hardcore newsie like Lisa Ling or Lara Logan or Lesley Stahl.  I don''t think she aspries to that, nor do I think The View wants that.

I was surprised to learn that she is 38. She comes across to me as a decade younger.  Some of the women I work with were grandmothers at 38. 

• Love 7

WOOOOOOH! ELLO,ELLO,ELLO,WELCOMETOTHEVIEWYA'LL,WELCOMETOTHEVIEW!,WOOOOOOH!

They ain't letting Paula get away with defending Drumpf today - so far anyway. Even Sara is weighing in on Trump U scam. I'm only 10 minutes in. Looking forward to W. Kamau Bell.

• Love 6

Whoopi: "These are the things that none of us know about". Really Whoopi, speak for yourself. There are plenty of people who have been victims of the KKK, who have first hand knowledge of 'these things'.

• Love 7
(edited)

Sigh. Raven, read U.S. history, and do the math on 3rd parties and their candidates. ...like Joy was trying to tell you.

Go support the groups --of which you did not even mention specific 3rd party names to get the word out, moron-- and put your money where your stupid mouth is.  Or go online and tell the world about them....maybe a pop up on candy crush or a trailer at the angry birds movie site?  Quit complaining and do something constructive.  What a waste of a chair, she is. 

Oh, and I'm sure Raven knows all about hood math--which I find appallingly racist and demeaning and abusive towards women-- since she was raised on a sound stage-- as well as not being able to mention positive shows. Idiot. Disgusting. 

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 12

I watched long enough to see W. Kamau Bell.  Enjoy him, love his show "United Shades of America", but I cannot handle Raven's stupid comments and her moronic hairstyle.  

Why can't this show have other panelists up to the caliber of Joy?  That would be must see tv for me.

• Love 10

I wondered, when Tyler Perry was on, why Raven was absent from the table, and then came back the next segment.  I know they sometimes have interviews with only 3 hosts, but I just wondered if there was some bad blood between them. 

I don't go to Tyler Perry movies, so I googled him, and yeah, there's a lot written about the homophobia that runs rampant in  Tyler perry movies  yeah, that could explain it.  

Wait, am I agreeing with Raven?  I guess it's easier to agree with her when she is silent.

• Love 4

I didn't know Bell, but I liked him. Of course, I thought he was pretty cute, so maybe that was part of it, but he was charismatic and intelligent. The ladies seemed in awe of him. Whoopi even gave one of her fake laughs when Paula started talking about his show.

I'm glad to see them talking about Trump U already. I felt like it was one of those things that hadn't really picked up, and it deserves to.

I'm not sure what to make of that segment where Whoopi called Joy the Master Snitch. I think Joy played it off well, but Whoopi just seemed like she wanted to be an asshole. And there was that bitter face when Tyler Perry said he was glad to see Joy back yesterday. What happened to Whoopi "I would give you my kidney" Goldberg from month or so ago? Was she sucking up to Joy hoping to keep her job for some reason? I doubt Joy has that much power. If only.

Did anyone notice how yesterday's show ended before Whoopi could even get out "Take a little time..." because her mouth was full? Who am I to judge how ABC chooses to waste their millions....

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, backformore said:

I wondered, when Tyler Perry was on, why Raven was absent from the table, and then came back the next segment.  I know they sometimes have interviews with only 3 hosts, but I just wondered if there was some bad blood between them. 

I don't go to Tyler Perry movies, so I googled him, and yeah, there's a lot written about the homophobia that runs rampant in  Tyler perry movies  yeah, that could explain it.  

Wait, am I agreeing with Raven?  I guess it's easier to agree with her when she is silent.

It is disheartening to hear that since Tyler Perry is rumored to be Gay....I am not a fan of his movies either....

• Love 3
(edited)

I think the recent news that Whoopi resigned for a year kinda took the wind out of Joy's sails. Maybe like myself, Joy was under the impression Whoops would be gone soon. The Joy burnt-out moments seem to have returned somewhat from what little I've seen lately.

WK Bell is quite intelligent. He had a show on Comedy Central that was really good.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 8

I didn't know Bell, but I liked him. Of course, I thought he was pretty cute, so maybe that was part of it, but he was charismatic and intelligent. The ladies seemed in awe of him. Whoopi even gave one of her fake laughs when Paula started talking about his show.

Bell's show on CNN is good. Worth a look. 

I'm not sure what to make of that segment where Whoopi called Joy the Master Snitch.

That whole thing seemed odd. There seemed to be a little bitterness from Whoopi but Joy played it off. Interesting exchange though.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Fisher King said:

I think the recent news that Whoopi resigned for a year kinda took the wind out of Joy's sails. Maybe like myself, Joy was under the impression Whoops would be gone soon. The Joy burnt-out moments seem to have returned somewhat from what little I've seen lately.

WK Bell is quite intelligent. He had a show on Comedy Central that was really good.

You startled me -  Whoopi RESIGNED?!?!   QUIT?!   WOO HOO!  Break out the booze! let's have a  toast!  but how do you quit for a year?

Then I realized, she RE-  SIGNED her contract for another year.   OK.  it's too early in the day  for me to drink anyway.

• Love 17
(edited)

Maybe Joy assumed that Whoopi wouldn't sign another contract and the moderator chair would be hers. But, Miss Whoopi apparently signed for less money for one more year so ABC can't rid themselves of her just yet. Tyler is a gracious man and I'm glad he said that to Joy. Whoopi be damned!

Today Raven was being a brat on the After View. If she has one foot out the door then good riddance with what I saw today.

Edited by rcc
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Fisher King said:

So sorry, @backformore! I didn't realize that. I would edit it now but that would just make for more confusion! lol

Not a problem - it just made me laugh that the word resigned could be taken in two opposite ways -  she's leaving!  YEAY!  No, she's staying!  oh, never mind.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dissy said:

Bell's show on CNN is good. Worth a look. 

That whole thing seemed odd. There seemed to be a little bitterness from Whoopi but Joy played it off. Interesting exchange though.

What was that about? it seemed like Joy and Whoopie were speaking in codes with each other, that the others understood the meaning of their weird exchange ...It threw me for a loop...I have never seen Whoopie be so contemptuous of Joy...Whoopie is just a bitch...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Joy had another off moment today when she didn't understand that when Sarah was talking about how you shouldn't buy things on credit if you can't immediately pay for them because it will end up costing you so much more later, she was talking about having to pay interest.  So Joy adds "plus you'll have to pay interest."  Duh Joy.  Thanks for that. 

Maybe Joy only half listens to Sarah like I do, I dunno.  But something about her the last few days has me wondering if Whoops RE-signing (to do another season on the show, just to be clear, lol, don't want to get anyone's hopes up) perhaps has her in some kind of funk.  I know it has bummed me out a bit.  Joy just seems a bit disinterested or something.  Maybe I am imagining it.  But I don't recall her ever being so unfocused before.

I noticed Sarah keeps touching the other women.  First Joy, then Whoopi, then Joy again.  I was waiting for her to crawl across the table so she could pet Paula. Body language people say when a woman touches a man it means she is attracted to him, not sure what it means when women touch each other.  Is it some kind of subservience?  I looked it up by I can only find a bunch of annoying articles on flirting.  I hope Sarah is not going to morph into the suck up that Nicole turned into. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Weird show today.  Between Joy and Whoopi sniping, Raven's inability to understand how voting for a fringe candidate is a vote for Trump, and Paula's rah-rah! team player! cheerleading, they all seemed cranky.  No doubt they are counting the days till their summer break when they can escape each other.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I noticed Sarah keeps touching the other women.  First Joy, then Whoopi, then Joy again.  I was waiting for her to crawl across the table so she could pet Paula. Body language people say when a woman touches a man it means she is attracted to him, not sure what it means when women touch each other.  Is it some kind of subservience?  I looked it up by I can only find a bunch of annoying articles on flirting.  I hope Sarah is not going to morph into the suck up that Nicole turned into. 

I think it's a sign of deference. I can't see her going nearly as far as Nicolle, who was comical at the end. But I definitely see her fake cackling at Whoopi's dumb jokes and never pressing the point if Whoopi disagrees. Maybe Sara is calming Paula down re: Trump, since Sara doesn't seem to be a Trump fan and everyone says those two are friends?

I definitely see what everyone's saying about Joy this week. I wonder if she regrets signing for three years knowing she's going to have to put up with Whoopi for who knows how long. Maybe she soldiered through this year expecting Whoopi would be gone before too long. Whoopi will probably ruin Friday again since they were off Monday. I almost wish Joy hadn't signed, so I could quit this show. Whoopi did not deserve another second chance on this show. This year was her second chance after she single-handedly dismantled the show last year, and she just kept dragging everything down.

But the hashtag thing the other day didn't seem to me that Joy didn't know what it meant, just that she doesn't understand why everyone has to say hashtag when they're speaking about Twitter. You know you have to add it when you're on Twitter, but we're speaking here, not typing. And I get sick of hearing, hashtag this, hashtag that, etc.

• Love 12
(edited)

So how much would it have taken for Whoopi to walk away? 75% cut?  I bet the decision-makers are kicking themselves right now. Who would have thought they needed to go higher?

P.S. I still don't understand why they just don't fire her for cause 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

P.S. I still don't understand why they just don't fire her for cause 

At this point I am convinced they are keeping Whoopi around so that people will tune in to hate-watch. Ratings are ratings, and ABC doesn't care if you like the show.  They only care if you WATCH the show.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

At this point I am convinced they are keeping Whoopi around so that people will tune in to hate-watch. Ratings are ratings, and ABC doesn't care if you like the show.  They only care if you WATCH the show.

Exactly.  That's the ONLY conclusion one can make (considering what they've put "us" through).

I'm sorry that Joy seems like her head isn't in the game.  Don't know what her salary is, but I bet she feels suckered for committing to the "after shows" & moderating on Fridays when The Whoopster seems to just "skate".  Damn!!!

• Love 9

noticed Sarah keeps touching the other women.  First Joy, then Whoopi, then Joy again.  I was waiting for her to crawl across the table so she could pet Paula. Body language people say when a woman touches a man it means she is attracted to him, not sure what it means when women touch each other.  Is it some kind of subservience?  I looked it up by I can only find a bunch of annoying articles on flirting.  I hope Sarah is not going to morph into the suck up that Nicole turned into. 

I think it's a sign of deference. I can't see her going nearly as far as Nicolle, who was comical at the end. But I definitely see her fake cackling at Whoopi's dumb jokes and never pressing the point if Whoopi disagrees.

Oh I think airhead Sara will never disagree with Whoopi at this time. She must know that Michelle, CCB and Raven hate her for getting their jobs.  She may be different next season, but I think she is nervous right now and sucking up.

I'll bet airhead Sara Haines will be there every day until the end of the season with M, CCB and R only there when Sunny can't make it or Paula is off.

• Love 1

The entire "I in team" mentality when it comes to politics is exactly why we are in a standstill now between Dems and Republicans.  This isn't sports, we need the two sides to keep each other in check and lead to compromises so the entire nation can win.  We live in a grey, real world.  Frankly, I think there is a major moral deficit in anyone willing to vote for Trump.  Something ain't right in the butter milk.  Paula sucks, and I admire the Republicans and companies not willing to participate in the RNC this year.  

It's so funny to me that Candace and Michelle have been MIA the entire season.  Who the fuck is making decisions over there? IMO, the show made a major mistake in not getting Gayle King many moons ago, she is pretty charming on CBS This Morning and is pretty nice to brain dead Norah O'Donnell so she's a team player!

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Morbs said:

The entire "I in team" mentality when it comes to politics is exactly why we are in a standstill now between Dems and Republicans.  This isn't sports, we need the two sides to keep each other in check and lead to compromises so the entire nation can win.  We live in a grey, real world.  Frankly, I think there is a major moral deficit in anyone willing to vote for Trump.  Something ain't right in the butter milk.  Paula sucks, and I admire the Republicans and companies not willing to participate in the RNC this year.

A friend said today, in reference to Republicans who loathe everything Trump stands for and still support him, "They are putting party before country."

• Love 7
(edited)

I completely forgot about Paula's "I" in team nonsense.   How can she equate the idea of a career politician abandoning long-held moral positions and social values which have defined them to their constituency for years with being a *good sport* about not making starting pitcher and having to settle for being a reliever?  

Or that doing potentially irreparable damage to your own career by aligning yourself with someone who is an ignorant, unqualified, embarrassing, dangerous, racist, sexist, bully is the same thing as settling for playing second string on your high school basketball squad?  And that the stink which may attach itself to you forever as a result is just part of being a team player? 

I get the idea of a political party working together to be victorious, but Paula is taking the team analogy thing a little too far and she just sounds simplistic and dumb.  There are some very big considerations at stake, not the least of which is the fate of our country (as pointed out by ChicagoCita above).  It's that dippy unpopular schoolgirl side of her who just "doesn't get it" showing again.  

I'll bet somewhere she has a little index card hidden away where she is keeping track of who is not behaving right so she can turn it in to the teacher after the convention is over so they can all get detention. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 9

And another thing!  I realize Joy has her faults with the outdated references or obvious punchlines, but if you think about it, she's overall pretty interested in life and carefree, so it's astounding how she has managed to develop zero rapport with Whoopi after all these years.  Even with coworkers I hate, we can have inside jokes or a mutual understanding, but it's like they are virtual strangers.  I was surprised Whoopi even knew Joy wasn't a sports fan today.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Morbs said:

And another thing!  I realize Joy has her faults with the outdated references or obvious punchlines, but if you think about it, she's overall pretty interested in life and carefree, so it's astounding how she has managed to develop zero rapport with Whoopi after all these years.  Even with coworkers I hate, we can have inside jokes or a mutual understanding, but it's like they are virtual strangers.  I was surprised Whoopi even knew Joy wasn't a sports fan today.

My bold.  Joy has indicated on many occasions that she isn't interested in sports.  (Maybe her husband isn't a sports fan??!!)  Personally, I don't get it, but...

• Love 1

Paula would have been better off if she had kept her support for Trump to herself.  I think her support for him comes from he being the Republican  candidate and therefore against abortion, etc.  She is probably just a  religious conservative.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I definitely see what everyone's saying about Joy this week. I wonder if she regrets signing for three years ...

I doubt she regrets having a nice solid paycheck.

She's nearly 74 years old.  I think that could be part of the issue.  Of all the co-hosts, she has appeared more than anyone else this season. As much as I would miss her, I think she needs a few more vacation days.  It's been awhile since she sat in the moderator chair, and honestly, the last couple times, she really came across as borderline doddering/confused.  It could be a sign of backstage turmoil/upheaval/change, but I think it's also true that she may be overdoing it.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Morbs said:

Yeah we know that, but who knew Whoopi was awake to realize it? 

Lol. Maybe Whoops is working on discrediting Joy to increase her own ego and rapport with the audience.  Joy's liability, intelligence,  and moderating skills have got to be apparent to even her. Or maybe not to a narcissist. 

• Love 1
(edited)

She is probably just a  religious conservative.

Probably?!  Oh, there's no 'probably' about it, she's a total religious conservative. Paula has stated many times she's a born-again Christian who's pro-life.

Paula would have been better off if she had kept her support for Trump to herself.

Paula might've been better off, but what about the viewer?  If a member of a panel of a talk show is willing to support a xenophobic, nasty con artist, I want to know.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 6

Who's the Raven clone?  Did the Twitter feed reading become too much for Raven so they brought in a backup?

Michelle hasn't been on all week, and I don't think she's been mentioned.  I wonder if they plan to phrase her out and just never mention her again.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Fisher King said:

Can't take Raven's piss face today.

I don't like her condescending attitude towards Joy and it is obvious that she is Team Whoopi in the behind the scenes struggle between the two...

• Love 8

It's been said before, and I'm sure it'll be said again, but Raven is a goddamn idiot!  Really?  You don't know the difference between "forerunner" and "front runner" (when referencing Hillary and the other one).  It's not that difficult.  I can't wait until she's gone!!!

• Love 5

The plan for today’s show must’ve been to make Sara Haines look like a great addition by sitting her next to nightmare fuel like Jed and Lalawhoever.

9 hours ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

I doubt she regrets having a nice solid paycheck.

She's nearly 74 years old.  I think that could be part of the issue.  Of all the co-hosts, she has appeared more than anyone else this season. As much as I would miss her, I think she needs a few more vacation days.  It's been awhile since she sat in the moderator chair, and honestly, the last couple times, she really came across as borderline doddering/confused.  It could be a sign of backstage turmoil/upheaval/change, but I think it's also true that she may be overdoing it.

I wouldn't think she'd regret the money either. Sitting next to Whoopi everyday, maybe.

For the record, I've never seen her be doddering or confused before. She's easily the only bright spot on this show. I think the showrunners are aware of this, which is why she's there everyday, unlike Whoopi, Raven, Candace, Paula, etc. who all get rotated out because they're unbearable even in small doses.

• Love 8

For the record, I've never seen her be doddering or confused before. 

I have.  There's been a few times where Joy didn't get the point, or was totally out of the loop.  She's 74 and working alot, it happens.  I should be so active when I'm 74.

• Love 4