Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Airing Your Dirty Laundry

• Start Topic

Sonja is caught off guard by Bethenny's response to her new business. Also, LuAnn moves in with Sonja; Jules scouts for a new nanny; and Dorinda hosts a party, leading to tension, an argument and a sprawling sidewalk screaming match.

Just now, Grey Goose said:

Ramona.  What a jerk to engage that drunk guy at the party.  I still can't believe she runs a very successful business. 

Ramona closed her successful business now she just shills wine and makes fake investments in restaurants.

• Love 11

Ramona.  What a jerk to engage that drunk guy at the party.  I still can't believe she runs a very successful business. 

Yeah but she made me laugh in the beginning of the episode at the restaurant with the chairs.  She's nuts but I enjoy watching her.

• Love 6
Just now, zoeysmom said:

Ramona closed her successful business now she just shills wine and makes fake investments in restaurants.

I did not know that!  Did she sell it?  Wasn't she a conduit for overruns to TJ Maxx and Marshalls?

• Love 1

I did not know that!  Did she sell it?  Wasn't she a conduit for overruns to TJ Maxx and Marshalls?

She closed it or so she said.  I think it interfered with her drinking and socializing.  I think that is what she did but no more.  I would think RH would get in the way of a fulltime business.

• Love 8
Just now, WireWrap said:

And she lied to Dorinda when she said she didn't know that Luann left because of that guy. She told Sonja that she wanted to hear any dirt he had on Luann after she left. Ramona is playing a rather sick game this season, more so that seasons past. Running from HW X to HW Z spilling tales and incorrect tales at that.

I think on the trip they should have a Ramonvention and not allow the apologizer to rear her ugly head.

• Love 13

What is wrong with Ramona? Seriously - wtf is wrong with her? It's as if she is looking for attention by being completely inappropriate, embarrassing herself and everyone around her. Someone needs to shake her until her teeth rattle and revisit what manners and class look like. She's a certifiable nut. Turtle time indeed.

• Love 21
13 minutes ago, JustDuckie said:

What is wrong with Ramona? Seriously - wtf is wrong with her? It's as if she is looking for attention by being completely inappropriate, embarrassing herself and everyone around her. Someone needs to shake her until her teeth rattle and revisit what manners and class look like. She's a certifiable nut. Turtle time indeed.

I think Ramona knows she has nothing to offer by way of her own storyline this season so she has resorted to this! Desperation indeed! LOL

• Love 12

I like Dorinda in her 1:1 conversations with the other women (and thought her observations about Sonja were spot on) but something happens to her in a group. I don't know how much of it is alcohol.

I actually would get the book that Carole was pitching. I love my animal proteins and think of veganism as something I could never do, although a part of me wishes I could.

Ramona's had no problem throwing her one-time bestie under the bus. I felt for Sonja in that sit-down with Bethenny. Yes, her businesses are shady and she's delusional, but the "name one distributor! Name just one" made me cringe.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, 100PercentPain said:

Sonja mentioning that her investors (?) came up with the 'Tipsy Girl' name actually changes this a lot for me in that I think *they* were the ones intentionally knocking off Bethenny's product name. I can easily imagine Sonja being talked into it and reassured it was no big deal and lots of things have "tipsy" in the title and her naively going along with it. Not that that excuses her entirely - she's an adult and should have seen the name choice for what it was like pretty much everyone else did - but I also think that Sonja isn't terribly smart nor does she have much innate business savvy. Add in what Ramona and Bethenny had to say about Peter and I definitely think Sonja's naivety was taken advantage of. Bethenny was pretty harsh, though, and even though I do agree that the whole thing is shady, I feel a little bad for Sonja. 

Luanne's ex hook up was... Yikes. Don't blame her for bailing. I'm not a John fan but Ramona was ridiculous during that party. He shouldn't have put his hand in her face, but she showed up uninvited and the dude was acting weird at John's girlfriend's party. I can see why he stepped in and Ramona did not need to pick a fight. I've been so hot and cold on Ramona over the years. I didn't mind her antics last year, but she's been pretty awful so far this year. 

On a sort of unrelated note, that guy's crazy pretty much solidified my support of Heather T. and Carole's freak out on vacation last year. Mental stability doesn't seem to be on Luanne's list of criteria for the dudes she brings home. Ramona seemed to be just peachy with his creepy slurring too. I would be shocked and horrified if a guy who those two morons deemed safe was sleeping in a room connected to mine without my knowledge too. 

I agree about Sonja, I think she really thought Bethenny would be flattered and I suspect her new "partners" convinced her of that.

Didn't John initially hold his hand up to the guy telling him to leave/get out and then turned towards Ramona with his hand up only after she got nasty to him? I don't blame him, even though it was a jerk move, because Dorinda has told him all the nasty things she has said about him and she then gets nasty to him at his own party!

Yes, that "Rey" does highlight they type of guys Luann and Ramona bring home with them......SCARY!!!!! LOL

• Love 8
Just now, PhilMarlowe2 said:

The reason why it's hard for me to buy this is due to knowing about Sonja's behavior that led to the law suit against her. The woman was straight up shady to those film producers. She left them high and dry, and then laughed at them, and then threatened them when they came asking for her to take responsibility for her behavior. Sonja plays the dim bulb very well, but there's a reason why she just filed Chapter 11, and it's not because she is a nice person.

I'm not at all familiar with all of the details surrounding her lawsuit, but if that's true maybe I'm just buying the schtick. She did mention that the name wasn't technically *her* idea several times.  

• Love 1
Just now, Sarcastica said:

I want Rey to have his own show. What planet did he come from? Jesus....

I want Michael Ohoeven to say, "what planet did you come from?  Planet Trash?"  Rey can join Brandi in a spin off.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, 100PercentPain said:

I'm not at all familiar with all of the details surrounding her lawsuit, but if that's true maybe I'm just buying the schtick. She did mention that the name wasn't technically *her* idea several times.  

Oh, some sleuth posters provided a link to the plaintiffs' first-hand account of what happened back on Television Without Pity. Maybe someone here still knows where to find it? It's very interesting reading. And, yes, it goes into detail about how Sonja made big promises, played the part of the fancy film producer and then totally left them in a lurch - and basically when they tried to get her to account for herself, it was dim-bulb, entitled Sonja. It really presents her in a sobering light.

• Love 13
(edited)

Luanne's ex was legitimately frightening. Why Ramona went along with him baffles me--I can't stand John and Dorinda, but they were totally in the right with that guy.

The reason why it's hard for me to buy this is due to knowing about Sonja's behavior that led to the law suit against her. The woman was straight up shady to those film producers. She left them high and dry, and then laughed at them, and then threatened them when they came asking for her to take responsibility for her behavior. Sonja plays the dim bulb very well, but there's a reason why she just filed Chapter 11, and it's not because she is a nice person.

It's possible that Sonja used to be shrewder than she is now and is overestimating her business abilities. Also, tonight I realized something important: She speaks a lot like Donald Trump, with their "everyone says [brag]" and self-aggrandizing.

Edited by lisalionheart
  • Love 10

Didn't the suit alleged that she promised she has Morgan money and Alist connections that wanted to work with her including George Clooney?

Carole needs to join Zoeey Deshanel and Taylor Swift in a Twee-Off. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Sarcastica said:

I want Rey to have his own show. What planet did he come from? Jesus....

I wish they filmed RHONY in the summer, when the women's Hamptons antics are off the hook and we only hear about them second-hand.

• Love 23
(edited)

John was totally in the wrong by putting his hands in Ramona's face, Here he was with a chance to finally promote his business in recompense for enduring the abuse from that wretched harridan Bethenny. Ramona had to put a stop to that.  Since she came in drunk, caused a scene defending a creepy guy who forced Luann to flee there is only one thing he should have done.

I would have my two bouncers pick her up by the elbows and take her outside and throw her in a dumpster.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 19
39 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think Ramona knows she has nothing to offer by way of her own storyline this season so she has resorted to this! Desperation indeed! LOL

She seems to be pulling a "Rinna" this season in addition to her usual crazy. 

• Love 7

I need to rewatch this certain-to-be-nominated-for-a-Shitshow-Emmy again because it is the most awfullest wonderful ever.  Luann's Rey dude was actually disturbing. Being all cool means hanging out with that guy? Although, he did remind me of the character that Chris O'Dowd played in "Girls"-married Jessa and made musical mashups. Oy.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

John was totally in the wrong by putting his hands in Ramona's face, Here he was with a chance to finally promote his business in recompense for enduring the abuse from that wretched harridan Bethenny. Ramona had to put a stop to that.  Since she came in drunk, caused a scene defending a creepy guy who forced Luann to flee there is only one thing he should have done.

I would have my two bouncers pick her up by the elbows and take her outside and throw her in a dumpster.

I was trying to figure out how Ramona got to that party later than Sonja and Luann, when she had left their dinner way before they did.

• Love 9

That was production all the way. Ramona was tanked up and they obviously tanked up this Rey guy. They made sure Ramona made an entrance and most likely told her to talk to that guy on camera. Isn't interesting that the only one who was relatively sober was John who that vicious skank Bethenny accused of being the total party animal.

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

This episode needed much more Baby playing with cute little kitten and so much less Ramona.

I can't see how she ran an alleged successful business.

I can't see how she managed to rope a guy into marrying her.

I can't see how she managed to stay married for as long as she did.

I can't see how she has friends

I can't see how she doesn't get punched in the face on a regular basis. 

I agree with Dorinda, John was right to kick Ramona's uninvited ass out of the party but his actions in doing that made him look as horrendous as her. Just direct security to take out the trash.

As for Rey. I don't think I have seen anyone that drunk on tv since MTV's Jersey Shore went off the air. That conversation he had with Luanne was like multi-personality Sybil at the switch. "STFU Luann" "I love you" "STFU, I hate you." "Kiss me" 

I'm actually really pretty torn about the whole Sonja/Bethenny thing so I have to collect my thoughts and get back to that later. I will say that every time I catch myself feeling sorry for Sonja, I think about the behavior that landed her in Chapter 11 to begin. Talking big and making promises to Hollywood folks thinking she had the Morgan machine behind her.   All the courts  labeled it as fraud. 

I'm am sure Jules Flatiron place is worth more money that I will ever see if I lived 10 lives but that place is ugly!

I'm tired of the slut narrative the ladies are working with Luann.  

I'm tired of the drunk narrative the ladies are working on Sonja. 

Best post of the night IMO - the Ramona list was so spot on - thanks

• Love 11
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

I actually would get the book that Carole was pitching. I love my animal proteins and think of veganism as something I could never do, although a part of me wishes I could.

I wouldn't. I've checked the BF's social media and he has posted many photos of his creations. They look so dry and tasteless; they're not even pretty on the plate.

• Love 3

I thought this cast was the one that got along the best?!  These women seem like they truly, deeply, despise each other in very serious and meaningful ways.  Like, not just gossiping run amok, but like,  I absolutely cannot abide a single thing about this worthless trash person.

• Love 7

It wouldn't be a season of RHONYC if Bethenny didn't make someone cry.  She's a pitbull and a bitch.  I can see why her relationships have failed.  This one will end up miserable and alone.  I'm not even a huge Sonja fan but I felt sorry for her during that.  Bethenny said that Sonja couldn't hurt her business, but why was she so upset? She was way OTT.  A better reaction would have been to simply say "good luck" and then saved her snarks for the TH. But she was so enraged over a little crappy prosecco?  Get a grip.

Ramona is just trash.  Dorinda says that she loves her, but at the first sign of trouble, she goes for the jugular and mentions Mario.  These women are friends?

Rey was obviously some kind of fuck buddy for Luann. The woman was single at the time, so I don't really care.  I did thoroughly enjoy Dorinda literally chasing him away from the party and he scampered off with a glass in his hand.  I actually LOL'd.

• Love 21

I think LuAnn's gaydar temporarily broke over the summer.  Or maybe they really were just sleeping together.

I always get the feeling when Bethenny walks into her office that the women who work there look at her as if D. B. Cooper just parachuted into the room.  I don't get the sense she's there a lot.

"Parted ways" sounds like a euphemism for Carole's publisher dropped her after she failed to deliver on her contract.  If so, that's not going to help her and her boyfriend find a place for their manuscript, assuming it ever materializes.

• Love 24

OK.  So we have poor Jules having to take care of her children by herself.  Hello real world.  Something tells me that I'm not surprised the old nanny quit.

We got real Beth tonight.  Yeah, Sonja is delusional but that was OTT.  I'm sure Beth got a lot of pleasure out of her diatribe.  And let's do it with an audience consisting of her employees. 

Ro - really??? I don't like Lu but.... And your defense of drunk (whatever) Rey?

Rey?  I was so with John until he stuck his hand in Ro's face.  Ro was wrong but um, you don't do that.

But hey, I loved Baby and the kitten.  Best part of the show.  Baby loves the kitten.  Baby should have the kitten as a buddy.  Not feeling the vegan but Carole should have had more appreciation that Adam tried to make it special.  Any food that 'I' don't have to cook or prepare I will gush. 

• Love 14
(edited)

I forgot about Jules and the nanny thing. I bet the woman left because she didn't want to be part of filming. 

Oh and I'll bet Bethenny was one of the people who told Carole not to mix business with pleasure. I'm sure that will cause a rift between them.  Bethenny hates when people don't take her advice.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 8
(edited)

I fucking hate Bethenny so damn much.   She could had found a better way to communicate with Sonja than that.  If she didn't want no one to fucking use anything about "Skinny Girl" why not get it trademark!   Her new money ways has hardened her.   She's no longer the likeable girl next door.   But she's a cold hearted bitch. 

Ramona,  shocker,  drunk ass causing a scene!   That random guy was fucking weird and trying to get cameratime.   She just wanted to start drama with John and she got it.   Once John gets going he can't calm down.   He should know these broads want to see him in the worst light.   Chill! 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

I'm very surprised Rey is straight.  I'd never guess that in a million years.  She should have kept that dry spell going a little longer.  

Can Carole not pronounce the letter t? 

• Love 13

The only way Sonja is going to get back to where she was is to marry another rich old man. I thought it was disgusting when she was going on about trying to send her daughter to school. Please. Old Man Morgan is paying and will continue to pay for the daughters education and for her expenses.

I imagine Bethenny was ramping up the outrage for the cameras somewhat. That and she seems like one of those women who gets orgasmic when she flies into a rage. But I've no sympathy for Sonja the ditzy victim act is her go to defense weapon like a skunk's stink.

Ramona is willing to make an utter and complete fool of herself to stay on this show. She gave up her business and her husband to make a spectacle of herself. She was so manic and fake this episode. And those ridiculous hair extensions.

• Love 21