Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Airing Your Dirty Laundry

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

That's a great point.  Heather didn't have the benefit of the learnings that Beth had.  One could still make the case that Heather didn't really care about Sonja because she didn't know her, so helped her mainly to further her own storyline and showcase her business acumen.  I am pretty confident that was partly true, but that doesn't bother me one bit.  I have often helped a co-worker on something that might also benefit me in some manner. I think the central point for me is that it doesn't much matter the motivation. People have tried to help Sonja, for whatever reason, and she has shit all over them. She went out of her way to talk about how important Beth was to her, and how much she had mentored and looked after her. Beth probably should have known better after seeing how Heather got treated, but I cannot fault a gal for trying to help. 

I am sure that there was some production involvement with both Heather/Josh helping Sonja, there always is especially with newbies. With Bethenny helping her last season, I think that idea came directly from Bethenny to counter balance her poor, poor me constant crying and show case her business savvy.

I don't mind Bethenny telling Sonja off, what bothered me was how she did it and

Spoiler

next week we get to see Sonja getting frozen out of group events because of it. Because the others know and fear Bethenny's power on the show, something no 1 HW should have.

• Love 12
14 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I felt for Sonja in that sit-down with Bethenny. Yes, her businesses are shady and she's delusional, but the "name one distributor! Name just one" made me cringe.

As someone who has worked in the wine business, if Sonja were actually legit, this would have been an incredibly easy answer to give.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

is it possible it was edited?  I do not trust the producers when it comes to editing.

I don't either. But they still can't use what you don't give them. Even if she DID ask about CPR and discipline, she was also apparently thought it important to gauge the woman's fashion sense and ask whether she'd be willing to stand in lines for her. 

12 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I did start lactating a little when the sob caught in her throat though, and it seemed like it made Beth pause even if only momentarily, but her tears struck me as having been made of delusion and self-pity, awareness and/or contrition not so much.   

Yes, exactly. Sonja did seem genuinely upset. But I don't think there was any awareness of how this might have actually offended Bethenny. It was more of feeling sorry for herself that B isn't reveling in how awesome she is. 

• Love 10

20 years ago we lived in the Upper East Side and hired a nanny so I can go to work. She quit to go to a higher paying couple and I'm almost certain Jules and her husband pay their nanny a lot ($800 a week or more). I could not match those salaries. We ended up looking for a day care. There are nannies who like that they are doing more than just taking care of children like lining up for a sample sale. The nanny who quit on us said she was asked if she can fly the kids to another country when needed and that was all she needed to hear to decide she wanted the job (other than the higher salary, of course). The playgrounds at the Upper East Side is where most nannies meet up and talk to each other, compare salaries and what kinds of other work they do. It's almost like a competition. But being a nanny at the UES can be pretty lucrative!

• Love 3

I was confused about the apartment in Sonja's townhouse so I did some snooping (see link below).  It's on the 5th floor.  Thankfully for LuAnn there's an elevator.  I wouldn't mind staying there.  It has a little kitchen and even has it's own washer and dryer.  From what I saw yesterday it needs some serious updating but still a nice place to stay in the city.  It's better than staying in Sonja's daughters room.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/162-E-63rd-St-New-York-NY-10065/31534429_zpid/

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

Don't forget how overjoyed she was when she asked the nanny if she did blow-outs and the nanny responded yes. Forget knowing CPR and having no criminal background - if you can blow-dry her hair and wait in line at sample sales, you're gold!

She's taking a page from Bethenny's playbook, who did the exact same thing when interviewing and subsequently hired the Tibetan nanny for Brynn when she asked if she could do blow outs. We saw her blowing out B's hair multiple times on BEA.

• Love 6

Adam and Carole, I am getting the impression, Adam is not all that gung-ho about writing a cookbook.   Writing a cookbook is a lot of work and writing one incorporating locavore and vegan is really a lot of work and constantly changing.  Since it seems it takes Carole five years to write a book, Adam may just not be committed to such a long haul.  It would also tie them together for some time.  Not that it matters but the concept for the book that 50 year old 'girl' meets 20 something lover/chef and is converted to eating clean as long as he is there to fix food for her, doesn't seem like it has a lot of universal appeal.  Carole should not mix business and pleasure.

Along the line of who did it first as a storyline.  This week, Bethenny is the guest editor for the Bravo site this week.  The story she ran with day the episode aired   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/blogs/bethenny-frankel/this-is-one-of-the-recipes-that-put  Yes, vegan cupcakes.  She can't help herself. We all know Bethenny did it first. I am sure if Carole were not on such close terms with Bethenny, she would have something to say.  I swear it is like wolves marking their territory.

• Love 15
(edited)

is it possible it was edited?  I do not trust the producers when it comes to editing.

You know, this occurred to me when I read your comment because in the episode when Dorinda had her lingerie party and John came in and started immediately to challenge Bethenny on the Skinny Girl vs. Skinny Cow trade name, I had wondered why all of a sudden he had cause to do this? I was wondering at that time 'where did this suddenly come from?'. It was like just out of left field he and Bethenny are arguing about the Skinny Girl name?  Then after I read this about editing I'm wondering if the confrontation between Bethenny and Sonja came before the lingerie party and not after it and maybe John was on Sonja's side in that dispute. Ramona is friends with Dorinda and Ramona is also buddies with Sonja.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 8

tumblr_o608j98ErP1vnnuhpo1_500.jpg

Hey, I squirt, too.  What's the big deal?   Pssst....I'll bet Kyle is jealous.  What

do you think?

(From realitytvgifs.com) 

LOL, I haven't seen the show.  I'm sure I'll have more to comment on later. 

• Love 8

For what it's worth on Jules piece of paper with questions on it in addition to questions about sample sale lines and blowouts, which hey if they are upfront about that being part of the job I have no problem with it, there are also questions about CPR, giving the children medicine, driving (including the make of the car. I sure as hell wouldn't want to drive a Lincoln Navigator in NYc), travelling internationally and several other questions. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Sonja/Trump similarities:  con artist, narcissistic, pompous, ignorant, boastful,  self important, poor impulse control.   Borderline Personality Disorder traits.Was John drunk at the point where he confronts Ramona?  Because if not, I can’t figure out why it didn’t occur to him that hey, I’ve got my hand in the air, pretty close to her face and my voice is elevated.    He’s another one that needs to work on proper kerfuffle execution.   How does a move borne of consideration for your guests turn into that?   Dorinda, decide boo.  Do you love him, hate him, want us to love him even when you hate him?  What is it?  I feel like the kid from Kramer vs. Kramer.

I think it could be said for nearly all of the housewives in every one of the 'Real Housewives Of' that are guilty of being "con artist, narcissistic, pompous, ignorant, boastful,  self important, poor impulse control". It's one of the side-effects of being wealthy I think. I don't know if even 90% of any of them could point out Belgium on a map or name at least five dead U.S. President's. In other words, they aren't in front of us on television for their intellectual prowess or dignified behavior.

That night of the brawl was John's night. It was his venue, his paid workers, his paid alcohol and any other expenses involve in the announcement of the opening of his newest location. It was his party, bought and paid for with his own money. He did not invite Ramona much less expect a drunk Ramona to crash his party. And crash she did, with an agenda apparently. Basically Luann said Rey's behavior (watching her, etc.) was freaking her out, and at one point he asked her for a kiss, and she didn't want anything to do with him. She got the heck out of there, smart move.

After she left, apparently because of Rey's aggressive behavior, John demanded that Rey leave his party, by which point Rey was getting all up in Sonja Morgan's face, not necessarily in an aggressive way but definitely in a violating-her-personal-bubble way. Rey got into Sonja's face so close and loud that he was making her hair blow in the wind of his alcoholic breath. At this point, Ramona Singer stepped in where she wasn't needed. The roles were reversed and John, who has been intensely disliked by most of the women this season, seemed to be doing the right thing by asking Rey to leave; while Ramona, perhaps because of her intense dislike of John, backed Rey ... and got tossed out, too. The hand in her face was nothing in my opinion after everything Ramona did to sabotage John's 'by invitation only' party.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Anna525 said:

20 years ago we lived in the Upper East Side and hired a nanny so I can go to work. She quit to go to a higher paying couple and I'm almost certain Jules and her husband pay their nanny a lot ($800 a week or more). I could not match those salaries. We ended up looking for a day care. There are nannies who like that they are doing more than just taking care of children like lining up for a sample sale. The nanny who quit on us said she was asked if she can fly the kids to another country when needed and that was all she needed to hear to decide she wanted the job (other than the higher salary, of course). The playgrounds at the Upper East Side is where most nannies meet up and talk to each other, compare salaries and what kinds of other work they do. It's almost like a competition. But being a nanny at the UES can be pretty lucrative!

A friend has an apartment in SoHo, Greenwich St. He's from Brazil and he and his actress wife hired a Brazilian nanny. She basically lives there all the time so when they travel, she travels. She's been to more countries and States than I'll ever get to see. It's a great gig for a young woman from another country. She's more of a mother to the two sons than the mother is since she's with them nearly all the time. I don't know how much they pay her but I'm sure she's very well taken care of. It's almost a cost savings to find a live-in nanny for two kids rather than pay for daycare for both and also have a part time nanny when they aren't in daycare or when they travel for work.

• Love 3

Wow!  Best - Episode - Ever!   Enjoyed every uncomfortable, dysfunctional, crazy, lunatic & lighthearted moment!

Well, except for the one moment where the Moana demeaned her "friend" Luann by blurting out what type of sexual feats she does.  I can't even repeat it here on the boards, but don't believe that such an act is possible.  Sheeze, Ramona, you show just how unclassy you are time and time again. And breaking the wine glass on the table!  

Sonja got what she deserved fro Bethenny.  You don't do that (ripping off their successful brand) to friends.  She could have at least talked to her about it beforehand.  She's such a lamebrain 

• Love 4
(edited)

Ramona defends a drunk creep and makes an ass of herself

John aggressively puts his hands in Ramona's face and makes an ass of himself

Dorinda drunkenly puts her fingers in Ramona's face, then physically puts her hands on John, gives him a shove and makes an ass of herself 

Rewatched that scene 2x and saw Ramona, Sonja, and Dorinda trying to conceal a smile. I'm calling it. Manufactured drama, a skit, if you will. Now Ramona and Dorinda are in a twitter feud. Ratings getter. 

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 4

I keep replaying (in my head) the sight of Ramona having a fit on the sidewalk outside of the event twitching and shrieking "I don't know how this happened" to Dorinda, comedy gold!  Clueless as ever and she ran away as usual.  I felt bad for Dorinda, it was a good evening until then, even John wasn't being gross.

• Love 7

John was entirely right in his handling of that drunken harridan. He put his hand in her face to stop her for physically going after him. What right does Ramona have to show up uninvited to his private event when all she ever does is gratuitously spew hate in his direction? What right does she have to intervene when he is throwing out someone who is harassing other guests to the point that they have to flee? What right does she have to tell John "He doesn't have to leave?" What right does she have to bounce up and down at him and become physically aggressive in the hope of eliciting a reaction that will allow her to claim victim status? She was all up in his face in "What are you going to do about it" mode hoping that John would make a mistake.

The person who is really at fault is Dorinda. She should have got between John and Ramona physically and maybe punched her in her botoxed face. That is what a real partner does. Not run away from the event that your friend tried to ruin. You go back in and try to salvage the night. Recriminations can come later. John can do a lot better than this bitch. Dump her dude. You are rich guy with a successful business who doesn't need the Tsuris as Jules would say. Being on Real Housewives is not worth it. It is not helping your business. Satan Andy sabotaged it by setting up this Ray asshole and turning the Ramonamonster loose. Quit while you are ahead of the game. You are a target because you are an obvious ethnic heterosexual outer borough guy that they despise. You still have your  business. You can regain your self respect by dropping that trash bag.

• Love 15
26 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I think it could be said for nearly all of the housewives in every one of the 'Real Housewives Of' that are guilty of being "con artist, narcissistic, pompous, ignorant, boastful,  self important, poor impulse control". It's one of the side-effects of being wealthy I think. I don't know if even 90% of any of them could point out Belgium on a map or name at least five dead U.S. President's. In other words, they aren't in front of us on television for their intellectual prowess or dignified behavior.

That night of the brawl was John's night. It was his venue, his paid workers, his paid alcohol and any other expenses involve in the announcement of the opening of his newest location. It was his party, bought and paid for with his own money. He did not invite Ramona much less expect a drunk Ramona to crash his party. And crash she did, with an agenda apparently. Basically Luann said Rey's behavior (watching her, etc.) was freaking her out, and at one point he asked her for a kiss, and she didn't want anything to do with him. She got the heck out of there, smart move.

After she left, apparently because of Rey's aggressive behavior, John demanded that Rey leave his party, by which point Rey was getting all up in Sonja Morgan's face, not necessarily in an aggressive way but definitely in a violating-her-personal-bubble way. Rey got into Sonja's face so close and loud that he was making her hair blow in the wind of his alcoholic breath. At this point, Ramona Singer stepped in where she wasn't needed. The roles were reversed and John, who has been intensely disliked by most of the women this season, seemed to be doing the right thing by asking Rey to leave; while Ramona, perhaps because of her intense dislike of John, backed Rey ... and got tossed out, too. The hand in her face was nothing in my opinion after everything Ramona did to sabotage John's 'by invitation only' party.

Lol I get what you mean but I wouldn't say con artistry is common as traits go.  Some of the others, to varying degrees? Absolutely but I was using a comparison someone else made upthread to illustrate that all of these together indicate a larger psychological issue.  Girl, pimpin' ain't easy, not everybody can do that. 

Mmm.  I saw.  Upon departure one of the things Dorinda said to John was how he doesn't treat her like a gentleman {{should}}.  Which I took to mean right or no, it is terribly unchivalrous to be gesturing so aggressively in the proximity of a lady's face.  That the person whose face he had his hand in front of can only laughably be described as a lady seemed to be besides the point for her.   I feel like the constant ticker through Dorinda's brain is he's no Richard.  Facts. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Attention mods.   If you should so ever decide that there exists is a PTV Smithsonian, I would like to nominate this entry to be archived and preserved in perpetuity.  

Bolded.  Better than cronut batter. 

Aw, thanks!  Better than cronut batter is such a compliment!  But was it better than playing around with a watermelon radish?

• Love 8
(edited)

John actually took the least physically aggressive action that a man can take when confronted by a drunk out of control woman. Look I am a big fat guy like John over six feet two.  I used to help run a bunch  of bars and restaurants. You often had the situation that a really drunk and obnoxious woman got in your face with spittle flying and aggressive physical moves are made to elicit a response that could be actionable. Women would actually haul off and hit you. They think because you are so big and beefy that little old them couldn't hurt you. Which they can with their sharp jewelery and hitting the right spot. You can't respond physically even if you are 1000% in the right as John was in this situation. That is when you tell them to talk to the hand. Stay away. Stay in your space. You can't touch them. You wait for security who are licensed and have insurance from a private security company. Now John is a dry cleaner. Not a club owner. He did pretty good considering his lack of experience in dealing with trashbag whores.

Wait I take that back. He is banging Dorinda. Whatever.

Edited by Trooper York
I can't spell for beans.
  • Love 23
(edited)

Remember the one she dated and was skeeved out by (as we all were) a couple dates later in season 4? 

Do you mean this guy, Coerte (pronounced "court")? I think that was Season 3. I laugh now at how LuAnn dodged his kisses, not wanting anything to be shown on TV...and how it didn't take long for her to break down and do other things more suspect than kiss a drunk guy in a bar. I did like their banter at the time, though, particularly as they both got more TipsyGurl.

Coerte: Are you dating? Do you have a roster?

LuAnn: Do I have a ROSTER? Well, I mean, there's not a line around the corner -

Coerte: I'm sure there is!

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, msblossom said:

She's taking a page from Bethenny's playbook, who did the exact same thing when interviewing and subsequently hired the Tibetan nanny for Brynn when she asked if she could do blow outs. We saw her blowing out B's hair multiple times on BEA.

Either way, whether it's Bethenny or Jules doing it, I think it's suck a tacky request to make of someone you've hired to watch your children.

• Love 1

Sonja makes me crazy. I might have almost believed her tears with Bethenny (aside from the fact that there were no actual tears) if she hadn't said, "No one was really saying, 'Oh my god, what about Bethenny?' No one was doing that." Of course, as we all saw, EVERYONE was saying, "Oh my god, what about Bethenny?" I'm so sick of Sonja acting like she's living in a tent in Central Park and eating out of Dumpsters while her daughter sells matches in the snow. She owns an enormously valuable townhouse that she could sell and live quite comfortably, if prudently, off the proceeds for decades. And while her ex-husband may not be doing anything to support Sonja, I have no doubt that he's taking good care of his child. Bethenny once again nailed the situation: Sonja's a fraud. That's the beginning and end of her story.

Was anyone else getting nervous seeing the kitten in Carole's apartment around those poinsettias on the floor? Cats love to chew on plants, and poinsettias are deadly to cats. I'm surprised the woman who dropped off the cat didn't mention it.

Why in the world was Ramona defending that guy at Dorinda's party? He seemed not only drunk, but developmentally challenged (which has to make you wonder about Luann's judgment when it comes to sex partners).

• Love 20
3 hours ago, HumblePi said:

John was referring to the brand of low calorie ice cream treats created by Marc Wexler and Sam Pugliese called 'Skinny Cow'. And wow, didn't Bethenny throw a fit over that? "You're a cow, I'm a girl" she said. Sonja should have said to Bethenny 'You're skinny, and I'm tipsy, so what?'

I wonder if that would have stopped Bethenny in her tracks for a split second.  

Unfortunately, with Bethenny, you really don't get a chance to even make a comment or comeback, because that rapid fire assault rifle she has for a mouth will slay you before you know what's what.

This is just a general observation of Bethenny, not necessarily pertaining to her conversation with Sonja.  However, in that conversation, she started with "I'm going to say what I have to say, and then you can talk".  Well, Bethenny ended the conversation with "I'm done with this and with you" (or words similar), got up and walked out.  Sonja was able to try to talk through her tears and explain what she could. Which wasn't much, because, face it, Sonja just doesn't worry her pretty little head about "trivial business matters" like distribution, sales, marketability, product placement, copyright infringement, etc., but she never really got a chance to collect her thoughts and possibly had any type of snarky comeback.

In Bethenny's defense, that was a good strategy.  She had her thoughts and words chosen, delivered them without raising her voice, and then put an end to any further discussion that could have led to a crazy screaming match (Turks and Caicos, for example).  She knows what kind of delusional person she is dealing with in Sonja, so it was a good strategy.

I'm not always a fan of Bethenny's, but I do have to compliment her on having one of the quickest thinking brains I have ever seen.  She almost knows what someone is going to say before they say it, and she is ready with a comeback before the other person even gets the words out of their mouth.

• Love 11

So according to Bethanny, skinny and tipsy are the same thing, but girl and cow are totally different?

I think Jules' husband is hispanic and I feel like they mentioned he'd either lived in Latin America or had family there, so it makes sense to me that they'd want the kids to learn Spanish.

Skinny Cow is ice cream.  Skinny Bitch is a book series.  Ice cream, books and liquor are non competing products, it wouldn’t matter if their names were identical.

My thing is that if it was just about skinnygirl and tipsy girl occupying the same industry than there would be precious little that Sonja or anyone could market if B had her way. Has anyone been to the us trademark site and actually searched for what B and her team have researched the name with? Well, I have and it appears to be EVERYTHING. I cut and pasted the categories B and her team registered to use the skinnygirl tradename str8 from the US patent and trademark site:

- Luggage; all-purpose carrying bags; suitcases; duffle bags; wheeled duffle bags; carry-on bags; sport bags; traveling bags; backpacks; messenger bags; garment bags for travel; overnight bags; cosmetics bags and organizers sold empty; toiletry cases sold empty; luggage straps; luggage tags; animal carriers (bags); luggage inserts, namely, packing cubes

- Alcoholic cocktail mixes; prepared alcoholic cocktail; prepared wine cocktails; wine; wine-based drinks; spirits (beverages); vodka; alcoholic mixed beverages except beers

- flavor enhancers used in beverage products; flavorings other than essential oils for beverages.

- Toasters; electric griddles; automatic bread-making machines for domestic use; electric coffee makers; electric Dutch ovens; electric grills; electric kettles; electric panini makers; electric popcorn poppers; electric pressure cookers; electric rice cooker; electric rotisseries; electric slow cookers; electric toaster ovens; electric waffle makers; electric woks; water purification and filtration apparatus; soda and carbonated beverage making machines; electric food steamer

- Hair bleaching preparations; hair care preparations; hair care products, namely, heat protection sprays; hair color; hair shampoos and conditioners; hair gel and hair mousse; hair glaze; hair masks; hair oils; hair sprays; hair styling fixative in the nature of hair wax; hair texturizers; cosmetics; lipstick; eye makeup; blush; mascara; cosmetic pencils; foundation make-up; face powder; concealers for the eyes or face; eye shadow; eye liner

- luncheon meats; processed meats; ready to eat meals consisting primarily of meat and cheese; refrigerated food package combinations consisting primarily of meat and cheese; frozen breakfast entrees consisting of egg, meat, cheese and bread; pre-cooked eggs, namely, omelets, frittatas; frozen meals consisting primarily of eggs; breakfast sandwiches; sausage-egg and cheese sandwiches

- shakes

- Coffee; tea; herbal tea; tea pods; Caffeine-free coffee; Caffeine-free tea; Coffee pods.

- Hummus; caponata; bean dips; dairy-based dip; potato chips; sweet potatoe chips; vegetable chips; snack food dip; food package combinations consisting primarily of one or more of the following, namely, vegetable chips, tortilla chips, pita chips, pretzel chips, crackers, baked sweet potato chips, and also including a snack food dip or sauce, namely, salsa, hummus, caponata, bean dip, or yogurt dip; cheese and cracker combinations

- Salad dressings; cereal based snack food; chocolates and chocolate based ready to eat candies and snacks; corn-based snack foods; grain-based snack foods; granola-based snack bars; multigrain-based snack foods; flavor-coated popped popcorn; microwave popcorn; tortilla chips; popcorn

- Non-alcoholic beverages, namely, carbonated beverages; non-alcoholic beverages containing fruit juices. 

- Exercise equipment, namely, exercise bands; exercise weights; personal exercise mats

- Nutritional bars for use as a meal replacement; nutritional shakes for use as a meal replacement; meal replacement snacks

- Entertainment services rendered through the medium of television in the nature of a variety talk show series

- Cookware, namely, non-stick bake ware sets consisting of baking pans, cake pans, muffin pans and cookie sheets; baking pans; cookie sheets; fruit pop ice molds; waffle irons; cookie cutters; cooking and kitchen utensils, namely, rolling pins, spatula, strainers, whisks, pastry cutters, bake ware, wire cooling racks for baked goods, pastry brushes, flour sifters, mixing spoons, cookie dough scoop, muffin tins, ice cream scoops, mixing bowls, non-stick roasting pans, loaf pans, non-stick baking mats; cookware for use in microwave ovens; cookware, namely, pots and pans, roasting pans, steamers; shot glasses; drinking glasses; drinking glasses, namely, tumblers; glass beverage ware; wine glasses; cocktail shakers; cocktail stirrers; cocktail strainers; pitchers; collapsible fabric storage container for domestic use; collapsible storage containers for domestic use; plastic storage containers for household or domestic use

- Natural sweetener

- Shapewear, namely, bodysuits, leg shapers and leggings; intimates, namely, bras, camisoles, panties, slips, lingerie, thongs and boy shorts

-Skincare products, namely, facial cleansers, facial exfoliants, facial toners, facial creams, facial lotions, facial moisturizers, facial emulsions, facial masks, facial scrubs, anti-aging creams and lotions, anti-wrinkle creams, lotions and skin conditioners; lip gloss; make-up; aromatic body care products, namely, body lotion, shower gel, non-medicated lip balm, soap, body polish, body and foot scrub; body and beauty care cosmetics; face and body creams; fragrances and perfumes

- aprons; t-shirts; caps

I mean, I get it but seems unreasonable  to be a squatter over such two generic words mashed together. 

• Love 14

Poor, tragic Sonja.  I guess she got royally screwed in the divorce from old man Morgan or did she fritter away the settlement?  I didn’t watch during her 1st season on the show…so I am not up on that whole story. 

However, I feel sorry for her, and, I usually don’t for any of the others.  She just seems so childlike.  I know that some of it is an act…but…

Sonja should get one of those Million Dollar Listing Guys to sell her raggedy ass townhouse and take the money and run!  She could get a nice little condo/house somewhere else and still have some funds to live on and invest.  Cause girl friend, business ain’t  yo thing.

It appears that her diamond days being a trophy wife in the niche of what she considers “High (yeah right in their minds only) Society” are done diddley done.  You are nice.  Leave the faux, social vampires behind before they suck you dry.

I know Sonja won’t do any of this, but one can hope.

Bethany you are turning into a dry, old, vicious husk of a person.  Stop the Joan Crawfordish “I am one mean, badass, hag Tycoon, don’t mess with me boys” persona.  It sucks.

When did RHONY turn into RHONJ?  Dorinda, John and Ramoaner need to  hook- up with the Guidice/Gorga  crew and start Table Flipping 101 as a 2nd career option.  Thrown out of a club at 60 years of age?  AND. Slobby, blobby John as the thrower-outer?  Nice shot man (and Women.)

Dorinda and Ramona, your Daughters must be sooo proud.

Dorinda , you have turned into such a disappointment.  I really thought you were cool last season but you are kind of on the edge of disgusting right now.  Ramona  will just keep on being  Ramona – she has always been disgusting, so no news flash there.

Jules/Julia  sorry the newbie – meh, no interest. Sorry.  Wait, one thing.  Keep raising that little bratty boy the way you have been and you will have a carbon copy of that creepy Ray/Rey? from the bar in your not so distant future.

Never thought I would like the Countess the best but there you go.

I realize this is just the “General Hospital” of my old age, but sometimes the soaps were more believable.

But other than that, pretty good episode – he hee!  

ETA:  I know that I am too invested in this show, and it is mostly scripted, but these women represent my generation (I am 52 and proud of it!)  I want their lives to work DAMMIT!  ;)

• Love 4

So according to Bethanny, skinny and tipsy are the same thing, but girl and cow are totally different?

I think Jules' husband is hispanic and I feel like they mentioned he'd either lived in Latin America or had family there, so it makes sense to me that they'd want the kids to learn Spanish.

Skinny Cow is ice cream.  Skinny Bitch is a book series.  Ice cream, books and liquor are non competing products, it wouldn’t matter if their names were identical.

My thing is that if it was just about skinnygirl and tipsy girl occupying the same industry than there would be precious little that Sonja or anyone could market if B had her way. Has anyone been to the us trademark site and actually searched for what B and her team have researched the name with? Well, I have and it appears to be EVERYTHING. I cut and pasted the categories B and her team registered to use the skinnygirl tradename str8 from the US patent and trademark site:

- Luggage; all-purpose carrying bags; suitcases; duffle bags; wheeled duffle bags; carry-on bags; sport bags; traveling bags; backpacks; messenger bags; garment bags for travel; overnight bags; cosmetics bags and organizers sold empty; toiletry cases sold empty; luggage straps; luggage tags; animal carriers (bags); luggage inserts, namely, packing cubes

- Alcoholic cocktail mixes; prepared alcoholic cocktail; prepared wine cocktails; wine; wine-based drinks; spirits (beverages); vodka; alcoholic mixed beverages except beers

- flavor enhancers used in beverage products; flavorings other than essential oils for beverages.

- Toasters; electric griddles; automatic bread-making machines for domestic use; electric coffee makers; electric Dutch ovens; electric grills; electric kettles; electric panini makers; electric popcorn poppers; electric pressure cookers; electric rice cooker; electric rotisseries; electric slow cookers; electric toaster ovens; electric waffle makers; electric woks; water purification and filtration apparatus; soda and carbonated beverage making machines; electric food steamer

- Hair bleaching preparations; hair care preparations; hair care products, namely, heat protection sprays; hair color; hair shampoos and conditioners; hair gel and hair mousse; hair glaze; hair masks; hair oils; hair sprays; hair styling fixative in the nature of hair wax; hair texturizers; cosmetics; lipstick; eye makeup; blush; mascara; cosmetic pencils; foundation make-up; face powder; concealers for the eyes or face; eye shadow; eye liner

- luncheon meats; processed meats; ready to eat meals consisting primarily of meat and cheese; refrigerated food package combinations consisting primarily of meat and cheese; frozen breakfast entrees consisting of egg, meat, cheese and bread; pre-cooked eggs, namely, omelets, frittatas; frozen meals consisting primarily of eggs; breakfast sandwiches; sausage-egg and cheese sandwiches

- shakes

- Coffee; tea; herbal tea; tea pods; Caffeine-free coffee; Caffeine-free tea; Coffee pods.

- Hummus; caponata; bean dips; dairy-based dip; potato chips; sweet potatoe chips; vegetable chips; snack food dip; food package combinations consisting primarily of one or more of the following, namely, vegetable chips, tortilla chips, pita chips, pretzel chips, crackers, baked sweet potato chips, and also including a snack food dip or sauce, namely, salsa, hummus, caponata, bean dip, or yogurt dip; cheese and cracker combinations

- Salad dressings; cereal based snack food; chocolates and chocolate based ready to eat candies and snacks; corn-based snack foods; grain-based snack foods; granola-based snack bars; multigrain-based snack foods; flavor-coated popped popcorn; microwave popcorn; tortilla chips; popcorn

- Non-alcoholic beverages, namely, carbonated beverages; non-alcoholic beverages containing fruit juices. 

- Exercise equipment, namely, exercise bands; exercise weights; personal exercise mats

- Nutritional bars for use as a meal replacement; nutritional shakes for use as a meal replacement; meal replacement snacks

- Entertainment services rendered through the medium of television in the nature of a variety talk show series

- Cookware, namely, non-stick bake ware sets consisting of baking pans, cake pans, muffin pans and cookie sheets; baking pans; cookie sheets; fruit pop ice molds; waffle irons; cookie cutters; cooking and kitchen utensils, namely, rolling pins, spatula, strainers, whisks, pastry cutters, bake ware, wire cooling racks for baked goods, pastry brushes, flour sifters, mixing spoons, cookie dough scoop, muffin tins, ice cream scoops, mixing bowls, non-stick roasting pans, loaf pans, non-stick baking mats; cookware for use in microwave ovens; cookware, namely, pots and pans, roasting pans, steamers; shot glasses; drinking glasses; drinking glasses, namely, tumblers; glass beverage ware; wine glasses; cocktail shakers; cocktail stirrers; cocktail strainers; pitchers; collapsible fabric storage container for domestic use; collapsible storage containers for domestic use; plastic storage containers for household or domestic use

- Natural sweetener

- Shapewear, namely, bodysuits, leg shapers and leggings; intimates, namely, bras, camisoles, panties, slips, lingerie, thongs and boy shorts

-Skincare products, namely, facial cleansers, facial exfoliants, facial toners, facial creams, facial lotions, facial moisturizers, facial emulsions, facial masks, facial scrubs, anti-aging creams and lotions, anti-wrinkle creams, lotions and skin conditioners; lip gloss; make-up; aromatic body care products, namely, body lotion, shower gel, non-medicated lip balm, soap, body polish, body and foot scrub; body and beauty care cosmetics; face and body creams; fragrances and perfumes

- aprons; t-shirts; caps

I mean, I get it but seems unreasonable  to be a squatter over such two generic words mashed together. 

"My thing is that if it was just about skinny girl and tipsy girl occupying the same industry than there would be precious little that Sonja or anyone could market if B had her way."

It wasn't about competition. Bethenny said herself that what Sonja's doing (or attempting to do) would have no affect whatsoever on Bethenny's business. Bethenny's problem was that Sonja tried to be sneaky about it and never came to Bethenny and talked to/warned her about it. It was all a very slimy ploy by Sonja to grab publicity at Bethenny's expense, and then she compounded it by all the fake boo-hooing and lying about it. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't have been furious in that situation.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I am sure that there was some production involvement with both Heather/Josh helping Sonja, there always is especially with newbies. With Bethenny helping her last season, I think that idea came directly from Bethenny to counter balance her poor, poor me constant crying and show case her business savvy.

I don't mind Bethenny telling Sonja off, what bothered me was how she did it and

Reveal hidden contents

next week we get to see Sonja getting frozen out of group events because of it. Because the others know and fear Bethenny's power on the show, something no 1 HW should have.

Exactly!!!  

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sai said:

I was confused about the apartment in Sonja's townhouse so I did some snooping (see link below).  It's on the 5th floor.  Thankfully for LuAnn there's an elevator.  I wouldn't mind staying there.  It has a little kitchen and even has it's own washer and dryer.  From what I saw yesterday it needs some serious updating but still a nice place to stay in the city.  It's better than staying in Sonja's daughters room.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/162-E-63rd-St-New-York-NY-10065/31534429_zpid/

I don't know the shape of Sonja's townhome right now, and I'm sure it needs a lot of TLC, but I'm sure she could get a pretty penny for it, even being located next to a parking garage.  

I can almost see Ryan, Fredrik or Luis from MDLNY grabbing that listing in a heartbeat!

The "zillow estimate" is around $22 million.  I know from experience that Zillow's estimates are usually on the low side.  If she could get $25 million for the place, why not just sell, invest smartly and wisely, and rent a two/three bedroom place?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

"My thing is that if it was just about skinny girl and tipsy girl occupying the same industry than there would be precious little that Sonja or anyone could market if B had her way."

It wasn't about competition. Bethenny said herself that what Sonja's doing (or attempting to do) would have no affect whatsoever on Bethenny's business. Bethenny's problem was that Sonja tried to be sneaky about it and never came to Bethenny and talked to/warned her about it. It was all a very slimy ploy by Sonja to grab publicity at Bethenny's expense, and then she compounded it by all the fake boo-hooing and lying about it. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't have been furious in that situation.

Louder!

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

Remember the one she dated and was skeeved out by (as we all were) a couple dates later in season 4? 

Do you mean this guy, Coerte (pronounced "court")? I think that was Season 3. I laugh now at how LuAnn dodged his kisses, not wanting anything to be shown on TV...and how it didn't take long for her to break down and do other things more suspect than kiss a drunk guy in a bar. I did like their banter at the time, though, particularly as they both got more TipsyGurl.

Coerte: Are you dating? Do you have a roster?

LuAnn: Do I have a ROSTER? Well, I mean, there's not a line around the corner -

Coerte: I'm sure there is!

Coerte Felske! He was a decently well known writer in New York. He's actually mentioned a handful of times in Candace Bushnell's Sex and the City column/book. You could tell when Candace was hanging around Coerte because her writing started to pick up some his of vocabulary and style.

I'm not going to slut shame LuAnn, but I will say that her vagine has really low standards.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

I think Bethany's discussion with Sonja was absolutely fine.  Time and time again people have allowed Sonja to be in la la land.  Bethany laid it on the line with her.  tough love is what I'd call it.  Someone needs to pull Sonja's head out of her (Sonja's) ass.

4 pages and NO ONE CARED about Carole and her "hangrey"  WTF is that ......baby talk for "hungry"  Grow the Fuck up Carole.  

• Love 14
40 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

John actually took the least physically aggressive action that a man can take when confronted by a drunk out of control woman. Look I am a big fat guy like John over six feet two.  I used to help run a bunch  of bars and restaurants. You often had the situation that a really drunk and obnoxious woman got in your face with spittle flying and aggressive physical moves are made to elicit a response that could be actionable. Women would actually haul off and hit you. They think because you are so big and beefy that little old them couldn't hurt you. Which they can with their sharp jewelery and hitting the right spot. You can't respond physically even if you are 1000% in the right as John was in this situation. That is when you tell them to talk to the hand. Stay away. Stay in your space. You can't touch them. You wait for security who are licensed and have insurance from a private security company. Now John is a dry cleaner. Not a club owner. He did pretty good considering his lack of experience in dealing with trashbag whores.

Wait I take that back. He is banging Dorinda. Whatever.

Yes, yes, and yes Trooper York.  This post and your other post just one just previous to this one are spot on.

John is in a no-win situation.    He actually did the right thing when upon witnessing that drunk, loud, and obnoxious Rey was inappropriate and was harassing his invited guests tried to get him out of there.  John initially approached him pretty discreetly to steer him towards the door and avoid drama.  Rey was having none of that and amped everything up.   Sonja and then Ramona jumping into the fray - Sonja for the camera time and Ramona because she's a drunk idiot.

John raising his hand in front of Ramona did not bother me.  He didn't touch her, just set a boundary that the crazed drunk fool needed to back the hell up.  She was the one getting all up in Johns face screaming with spit flying and her arms flailing.

Run John run!!  You do not need this crap.  Every week you get the 'outer borough loser edit' by Bravo.  That's the role they cast you into and it's never going to change in this show.  Dorinda hopping in a taxi and leaving you and your party should be the last straw to your relationship with her.  She was in complete agreement with you about Rey and Ramona needing to be shown the door, even going outside and calling out Ramona yet again.  But then Dorinda once again turns on John.  Dorinda is not good girlfriend material.  She gets all up in arms when any of the women say anything about him,  and then turns around and leaves John every time. 

Mario cut his losses when escaping Ramona,  John needs to dump Dorinda and get off the reality show.

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

4 pages and NO ONE CARED about Carole and her "hangrey"  WTF is that ......baby talk for "hungry"  Grow the Fuck up Carole.  

It's pretty common slang for when you're so hungry it starts making you edgy. Hungry + angry = hangry. 

• Love 21

I mind any of the RH trying to convince me Sonja is intelligent.  She isn't and it has been proven time and time again. People approach her over and over and pitch her a product-it is like twirling a shiny object in front of a kitten-she always pounces.  I don't like that Bethenny is making a big deal of having Sonja attend 15 minutes of her branding summit.  It was on film for goodness sake, everybody got to see it.  If anything it added to Sonja's confusion.  Get a hotel conference room have a bunch of people talk about all these marvelous products with your name on it.  It had nothing to do with distribution, or any real marketing other than some guy saying he wants more than hearing there is a new flavor of Skinnygirl something.  What Bethenny was trying to convey and what Sonja ingested are miles apart.  I can't imagine anyone bringing Sonja in for her business expertise-and she has never claimed to have anything more than ideas and knowing people.

There was another little white lie on Bethenny's part.  After not inviting Sonja to her birthday party she claims Sonja sent her a very long text.  She said she had not heard from Sonja.  She had and did not respond.  She had an opportunity to see Sonja at her birthday party and did not RSVP. Something tells me production tipped Bethenny off as to Sonja's surprise.   I think Bethenny was very aware of Peter and what he was up to-I just don't think she was expecting Sonja to be the face of Tipsy Girl.  Was she rough on Sonja, yeah and Bethenny was in no mood or desire to listen to Sonja.  Good for her.  The fact Sonja was hurt Sonja has a right to her feelings.   As a viewer I don't like this nonsense where they freeze out a RH during filming.  I can understand a Brandi who keeps verbally attacking someone or in this franchise a Ramona-I just don't think Bravo should be getting in the middle of a business battle.  Sonja won't be going to the Berkshires.  Just not fair.  They have taken these slights to a whole new level.  Bethenny wanted her own show and was told she needed to come back to RH first, time to give her own show, instead of making this the RHONYC According to Bethenny. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, abbottrabbit said:

It's pretty common slang for when you're so hungry it starts making you edgy. Hungry + angry = hangry. 

I never heard it - and in my opinion, its stupid

ETA:  LOL, this got me really angry.....maybe Carole wouldn't be so freaking "hangry" if she'd eat a god damn sandwich once in a while. 

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Sorry guys, this new format is all wonky and not letting me quote correctly at all. 

I never heard it - and in my opinion, its stupid

ETA:  LOL, this got me really angry.....maybe Carole wouldn't be so freaking "hangry" if she'd eat a god damn sandwich once in a while.

I think Carole eats. She was talking about how crappy she has always eaten, and how different it is being with Adam because he's super healthy. I think she was just really "hangry" because she was relying on him to make something and he may have been goofing around before getting down to cooking. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 1

I think Jules' former nanny being undocumented is certainly a possibility.  But I don't think Jules and her husband would be unaware, because I'm sure they'd want to claim a nanny's salary on their taxes, which requires a SS#, or whatever equivalent there is on a green card.  I'm wondering if the nanny was a live-in and she waited for the Christmas bonus because they paid her so poorly she needed the money to escape.  Obviously I have absolutely no way of knowing this is the case, and Jules and her husband certainly seem nice enough, but they wouldn't be the first couple with money who took advantage of an undocumented worker's inability to complain about work conditions or low wages.  The Nanny Diaries opened my eyes to how nannies can be taken advantage of, especially if one has developed affection for their charge.

7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

That's a really good photo of John and Dorinda.  That was the first time I thought that if he lost a lot of weight, he'd be handsome. 

Having seen Dorinda's second husband, I don't think looks are a priority for her.  Even if they were, it's a lot easier to get past someone's personal appearance when you're friends first.  The attraction grows naturally versus the superficial draw of looks.  Having said that, I thought John's hair cut (or however he changed his hairstyle) was markedly improved in the infamous take yourself home to Queens dinner.  And while I personally find his personality grating, many seem to find him charming.  Jules and her husband seem to practically adore him.

7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I thought it was hysterical that Sonja was walking around her house wearing a winter jacket - poor Luann must have been freezing!  I will agree with Sonja that there is no reason to have the heat on in that part of the house, but, really?  She knew that Luannn was coming - maybe crank that thermostat a little, so that your guest will be comfortable??  

That seemed like a nice little studio apartment (plus, didn't it have it's own outdoor space) - why hasn't Sonja ever rented that out before?  I'm sure she could have gotten a huge amount of rent for that place-a studio with outdoor space on the UES??  I'm thinking premium rent!!   (She said that the elevator goes right to the apartment - her tenant wouldn't even bother her....)

I'm on Sonja's side on this one.  Luann seems less a guest and more a freeloader.  If she's unhappy with the temperature of her free apartment, she can go buy a space heater.  I noticed that Luann had the "intern" carrying her luggage, which is a total bitch move when she knows these people don't even collect a salary.  I want to see Luann attempt to use her bogus courtesy title once she's remarried.  I don't doubt she will.

7 hours ago, eXiled said:

- Watching the formerly cool Countess take her leave in the face of sloppy ass Rey screaming his love-hate for her was unnerving. I already feel I've learned way too much about how her ladyparts work (thanks, Ramona)! If Rey is the type of guy hard-up Manhattan divorcees have to screw for a come-up, I now totally understand the air of desperation, self-loathing, and alcoholism that stealthily wafts over this show's every episode.

Then perhaps these snobs should get over their unwillingness to leave Manhattan, and wade outside the incestuous waters of their crowd.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

Was anyone else getting nervous seeing the kitten in Carole's apartment around those poinsettias on the floor? Cats love to chew on plants, and poinsettias are deadly to cats. I'm surprised the woman who dropped off the cat didn't mention it.

They're actually not deadly to cats (or dogs either), although they're listed as "toxic" in the broadest sense. The sap can be a mild irritant to their mouths or give them an upset stomach.  I've had both cats and dogs around poinsettias, and nothing bad ever happened.  I think Vinny should be okay.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Partly explains why she is so popular amongst the menfolk. I learned about this 'ability' the hard way. Why do I always click links?!?!? 

It's not the first mention on this show.  Remember good old George offering to give Carole a squirting orgasm?

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ramona showing up at Dorinda's event was typical for her I am sure, she would show up at the opening of an envelope.  That guy Rey kind of pinged my gaydar a bit.  So, Lu supposedly bumped uglies with him once and now he can't live without her or was it the realization there would be screen time, hmmmm...

Maybe I'm cynical or maybe I've just watched these shows long enough, but I think everyone the show planned on being there was there.  Why else would John - not even a husband of a HW - have his dry cleaning party filmed?  I have no doubt that Ramona was invited by the show, as was Rey.  I just can't believe in that big of a coincidence.  And this is a little like Vanderpump screeching about Faye not being invited to her party when the call list for the day had her name.

6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It's terrible if this guy isn't paying Sonja the money he owes her. For that, I feel bad for her. This guy is absolutely one that holds a grudge. I would love to hear what she did (or what he thinks she did) to punish her in this manner. I know about how he was ill and asked her to join him in his hospital room and she refused to return from vacation, but I wonder if there isn't much more. Those would be some good stories to hear.

Sonja seems like a cheater, IMO.  At the very least I remember her giving marital advice to a younger woman - Kristen?  And her brilliant advice was how to act shifty to give your husband the impression you may be cheating.  It reminded me of the movie If a Man Answers.  It's one of many ways I see Sonja as living a clichéd debutante life.

4 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I still have many pages to read but I have to ask : WHO let Rey in to the party? Hmmm.

Bethenny: asking her SKINNYSLAVES for Kleenex for Sonja?? Bitch, get up off your bony ass (Sigourney Weaver/Working Girl) and get Sonja a tissue. WTF.

This isn't a defense of Bethenny, but at least she pays those women to fetch tissue.  Unlike Lady Morgan.

• Love 8

I mind any of the RH trying to convince me Sonja is intelligent.  She isn't and it has been proven time and time again. People approach her over and over and pitch her a product-it is like twirling a shiny object in front of a kitten-she always pounces.  I don't like that Bethenny is making a big deal of having Sonja attend 15 minutes of her branding summit.  It was on film for goodness sake, everybody got to see it.  If anything it added to Sonja's confusion.  Get a hotel conference room have a bunch of people talk about all these marvelous products with your name on it.  It had nothing to do with distribution, or any real marketing other than some guy saying he wants more than hearing there is a new flavor of Skinnygirl something.  What Bethenny was trying to convey and what Sonja ingested are miles apart.  I can't imagine anyone bringing Sonja in for her business expertise-and she has never claimed to have anything more than ideas and knowing people.

There was another little white lie on Bethenny's part.  After not inviting Sonja to her birthday party she claims Sonja sent her a very long text.  She said she had not heard from Sonja.  She had and did not respond.  She had an opportunity to see Sonja at her birthday party and did not RSVP. Something tells me production tipped Bethenny off as to Sonja's surprise.   I think Bethenny was very aware of Peter and what he was up to-I just don't think she was expecting Sonja to be the face of Tipsy Girl.  Was she rough on Sonja, yeah and Bethenny was in no mood or desire to listen to Sonja.  Good for her.  The fact Sonja was hurt Sonja has a right to her feelings.   As a viewer I don't like this nonsense where they freeze out a RH during filming.  I can understand a Brandi who keeps verbally attacking someone or in this franchise a Ramona-I just don't think Bravo should be getting in the middle of a business battle.  Sonja won't be going to the Berkshires.  Just not fair.  They have taken these slights to a whole new level.  Bethenny wanted her own show and was told she needed to come back to RH first, time to give her own show, instead of making this the RHONYC According to Bethenny. 

I think Bethenny already knew through Ramona. I suspect that Peter offered Ramona a "partnership" with his new restaurants/wine and she turned him down knowing full well Bethenny would hit the roof. And, I go 1 step further and suspect that Ramona knew Sonja agreed to do it and she told Bethenny all about it to help secure her ties to B for next season.

• Love 7
(edited)

And while I personally find his personality grating, many seem to find him charming.  Jules and her husband seem to practically adore him.

Jules and her husband are relatively normal people just starting to get caught up in the maelstrom of life as a Housewife.  John is no doubt a warm and generous guy. Look I know he is not everyone's cup of tea. Pretentious phony jerks like  Carole and Ramona will of course be disgusted by someone who has a whiff of the working class. They have risen far above that. The mystery is Dorinda.  She wants to act like an old money WASP and does in her rare sober moments. I think she wants what John is when she is sober. A warm and affectionate loving guy. With a ton of faults. Just like all of us who are honest with ourselves. When she drinks she resents him for not being Professor Henry Higgins. 

The fact remains that John and Michael are the only two men who have serious relationships with a Housewife this season. Nobody else can stomach these worthless harridans for more than a quick bang here or there. (I don't count Veggie Boy because he is obviously a prop like the dog and the cat who were acquired for the show). So naturally they will bond. Jules likes him because he doesn't judge her like these noxious bitches. 

I mean seriously. Bethenny is so toxic she could easily be certified as  a Superfund clean up site in a New York Minute.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I don't know the shape of Sonja's townhome right now, and I'm sure it needs a lot of TLC, but I'm sure she could get a pretty penny for it, even being located next to a parking garage.  

I can almost see Ryan, Fredrik or Luis from MDLNY grabbing that listing in a heartbeat!

The "zillow estimate" is around $22 million.  I know from experience that Zillow's estimates are usually on the low side.  If she could get $25 million for the place, why not just sell, invest smartly and wisely, and rent a two/three bedroom place?  

Every time she's put it in the market, it's been priced in the low 8 figures and high 7. I think the highest she's ever had it priced at was $13 million. The lowest was $8 million. My understanding is it needs a ton of work. It's sort of small and squatty in comparison to the other houses on the street and that parking garage next door is pretty busy.

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Every time she's put it in the market, it's been priced in the low 8 figures and high 7. I think the highest she's ever had it priced at was $13 million. The lowest was $8 million. My understanding is it needs a ton of work. It's sort of small and squatty in comparison to the other houses on the street and that parking garage next door is pretty busy.

I think it was Fredrik with Sonja on WWHL at the beginning of this season...pretty sure I remember he said something  $7 million.  Sonja disagreed as I recall.

Several times when there have been scenes in the house I have noticed things that need to be repaired.  The scene last week with Sonja's facialist showed a pretty nasty looking bathroom wall.  These are the things she's willing to have seen.  Have to wonder what else needs to be done.  

Edited by ichbin
add last paragraph
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

- shakes

- Natural sweetener

- aprons; t-shirts; caps

From the sound of all the things she has outlined in her trade name regristration, it sounds like Bethenny is trying to become a "worldwide luxury lifestyle brand"....wonder if Sonja should be pissed at her because of this.    ;-)

• Love 5