Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Airing Your Dirty Laundry

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

According to her response at the time, we're both wrong:

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-kristen-taekman-denies-dumb-rhony/

I also don't see how suggesting something that might make a business more profitable exudes superiority but I guess it depends on how you feel about her to begin with.  She did stick her nose in where it wasn't requested.  The implication up thread was that being an unsolicited buddinsky is on par with piggybacking someone else's brand.  And it isn't.

It exudes superiority because in Bethenny's case, she couldn't give Heather or Kristen the time of day - except for when she wanted to impart advice or commentary on how they should be running their business. I personally don't see anything wrong with Bethenny's actual advice, but if she had bothered to have a real conversation with either woman, Heather would have less likely been offended for being given advice that she didn't need it. And Kristen would have less likely been offended if Bethenny showed the same interest in talking to her as she did about her.

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:
19 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-kristen-taekman-denies-dumb-rhony/

I also don't see how suggesting something that might make a business more profitable exudes superiority but I guess it depends on how you feel about her to begin with.  She did stick her nose in where it wasn't requested.  The implication up thread was that being an unsolicited buddinsky is on par with piggybacking someone else's brand.  And it isn't.

I think you are referring to my post and I didn't say what Sonja did and what Bethenny did are the same thing. I posted in response to Bethenny saying this "Bethenny briefly mentioned last night's episode in a SnapChat post today. She didn't say much, but she said again that she doesn't like it when people "fuck with [her] business" but also that she didn't like it when people use her as a storyline on a TV show.". She did stick her nose into both Heather's/Kristen's businesses for her storyline last season as neither woman asked Bethenny for her opinion or advice. Yes, offering unsolicited critical advice (which she gave to both H/K) on the show is using their business for her storyline. Seriously, if she doesn't want to be used as a storyline for any of the other HWs, then why is she even on the show and why is it ok for her to use the others but not visa versa? I would say that she is using Luann/Dorinda/John as part of her storyline, especially since it all ties back to things that happened off camera during the summer.

My issue with Bethenny/Sonja is how Bethenny handled it at her office, I disagree with having the smack down in front of her employees and I really believe that Bethenny knew about this (via Ramona) before the cameras starting filming this season but saved it for the show instead of addressing it right away. 

Spoiler

It appears that Sonja gets frozen out of a group trip next week because of Bethenny and it bothers me that she (Bethenny) has that much power on the show.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

It exudes superiority because in Bethenny's case, she couldn't give Heather or Kristen the time of day - except for when she wanted to impart advice or commentary on how they should be running their business. I personally don't see anything wrong with Bethenny's actual advice, but if she had bothered to have a real conversation with either woman, Heather would have less likely been offended for being given advice that she didn't need it. And Kristen would have less likely been offended if Bethenny showed the same interest in talking to her as she did about her.

Ok, I understand.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think you are referring to my post and I didn't say what Sonja did and what Bethenny did are the same thing. I posted in response to Bethenny saying this "Bethenny briefly mentioned last night's episode in a SnapChat post today. She didn't say much, but she said again that she doesn't like it when people "fuck with [her] business" but also that she didn't like it when people use her as a storyline on a TV show.". She did stick her nose into both Heather's/Kristen's businesses for her storyline last season as neither woman asked Bethenny for her opinion or advice. Yes, offering unsolicited critical advice (which she gave to both H/K) on the show is using their business for her storyline.

and why is it ok for her to use the others but not visa versa? I would say that she is using Luann/Dorinda/John as part of her storyline, especially since it all ties back to things that happened off camera during the summer.

My issue with Bethenny/Sonja is how Bethenny handled it at her office, I disagree with having the smack down in front of her employees and I really believe that Bethenny knew about this (via Ramona) before the cameras starting filming this season but saved it for the show instead of addressing it right away. 

Reveal hidden contents

It appears that Sonja gets frozen out of a group trip next week because of Bethenny and it bothers me that she (Bethenny) has that much power on the show.

Girl I honestly can't recall if I used your post to make my point, but if so it's in response to the idea Beth and Sonja's actions are analogous this way.   If not no harm no foul, I'm talking to the concept not the poster.

Yes, offering unsolicited critical advice (which she gave to both H/K) on the show is using their business for her storyline

If so, she wouldn't have a storyline without them, and they're both gone.  At the time, she ran away from Kristen wanting to continue the discussion at Ramona and Peter's restaurant opening.  If her significance were tied to comments she makes to or about either of them, wouldn't it have served her better to keep that talk or argument going?

13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Seriously, if she doesn't want to be used as a storyline for any of the other HWs, then why is she even on the show

To be the sole beneficiary of promotion of her own business.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

This isn't a defense of Bethenny, but at least she pays those women to fetch tissue.  Unlike Lady Morgan.

I hear ya, you're right about that.

It just seems so inhuman of Bethenny to have henchman for a kleenex. She's like a Dr. Evil Fembot complete w/the bolt on tits. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Girl I honestly can't recall if I used your post to make my point, but if so it's in response to the idea Beth and Sonja's actions are analogous this way.   If not no harm no foul, I'm talking to the concept not the poster.

If so, she wouldn't have a storyline without them, and they're both gone.  At the time, she ran away from Kristen wanting to continue the discussion at Ramona and Peter's restaurant opening.  If her significance were tied to comments she makes to or about either of them, wouldn't it have served her better to keep that talk or argument going?

To be the sole beneficiary of promotion of her own business.

Ok, I get it.

Here's my thing...Bethenny doesn't want anyone to talk about her, her life, business or personal yet she has no problem talking about the others at all, be it their personal lives or their businesses. Yes, she wants to push her SKG line on the show but she has to bring her real life on as well but she refuses to do so and she wields such power on the show that no one dares to go against her else they are in jeopardy of  getting frozen out during the season and loosing their job at the end of it. Bravo needs to make up it's mind, either make this the Bethenny/SKG Redo show and cancel the NYHW show or give Bethenny her own show separate from the NY show, IMO, it can't be both. I like seeing all the HWs play off each other and no one can do that with/to Bethenny....no one.

And, for the record, Sonja was wrong to not tell Bethenny about TG herself before filming began but at the same time, I really do believe that Bethenny already knew and saved it for the show. Both were wrong to varying degrees IMO.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I don't pronounce the t in kitten either nor does anyone I know here in the South. It's a BIG country people and different areas have different  sayings,pronunciations, foods,customs. Doesn't make anyone trying to be cute nor does it make them stupid. Just a regional thing.

John was entirely within his rights to throw out the Moaner and the sleazy guy. It was his party. And putting your hand in front of a drunk, screaming person is just saying "Stay back. Not going to touch you or fight you.But back off". But maybe I'm just low class because I've seen it used  in real life to. 

Beth defended her name and her BRAND and she was well within her rights to do so. If I struggled for years to build a business and cashed out big but still owned the name I'd be defending it to. As others have pointed out you can not have a similar name in the same PRODUCT. Skinny cow is cheese not wine. And you'd better believe if I stuck up a sign in front of a store calling my self Amazone with a "no prime required we ship for free" sign you think Amazon wouldn't be serving me up a cease and desist order pronto? Think my little business wouldn't hurt them? Of course it wouldn't! Doesn't mean I get to deceive people and basically piggyback off there success without doing squat myself. Sonja is just a lazy COW.

Skinny Cow has had snack packs of "diet" chocolate forever.  Is Bethanny's new SkinyGirl chocolates copying them or a chater brand?  Or is it okay because she's a girl and they're a cow?

• Love 12

I am confused about the timeline...

On the show, Luann walked a step and repeat out in front of the place that she met Ramona and Sonja.

The photo someone posted upthread from Dorinda's Instagram page is of the same step and repeat and she's wearing the same dress from that night as are all the other ladies, but it's not at the place that John had the party is it?

And I thought it was weird that Luann would walk a step and repeat to go into a restaurant but I don't live in NYC or these ladies lives and just assumed there was a step and repeat wherever they went!

I really hate Carole...

• Love 3
(edited)

Rey = Ramo Bolic. Of the Staten Island Bolics. Happy googling! You're welcome, hope you didn't have anything else to do this afternoon haha it's pretty funny. 

You know what else was funny?

"I just couldn't refrain myself" Ramona 

"I have people stay here who come in from you know from Switzerland... Dubai...you know Tokyo" (or wherever) Sonja Morgan god that made me laugh out loud. The last person in that apartment was the live in hired help she could last afford circa 2007. Or maybe Pickles.

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Ok, I get it.

Here's my thing...Bethenny doesn't want anyone to talk about her, her life, business or personal yet she has no problem talking about the others at all, be it their personal lives or their businesses. Yes, she wants to push her SKG line on the show but she has to bring her real life on as well but she refuses to do so and she wields such power on the show that no one dares to go against her else they are in jeopardy of  getting frozen out during the season and loosing their job at the end of it. Bravo needs to make up it's mind, either make this the Bethenny/SKG Redo show and cancel the NYHW show or give Bethenny her own show separate from the NY show, IMO, it can't be both. I like seeing all the HWs play off each other and no one can do that with/to Bethenny....no one.

And, for the record, Sonja was wrong to not tell Bethenny about TG herself before filming began but at the same time, I really do believe that Bethenny already knew and saved it for the show. Both were wrong to varying degrees IMO.

In the interest of fairness I think this is what the audience would appreciate.   However (next bolded sentence) she's paid $1M per and may be the only HW across the franchise with such high visibility, free, placement of her logo/product everywhere she goes.  We may not like it but I think Bravo has made up its mind.

5 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Rey = Ramo Bolic. Of the Staten Island Bolics. Happy googling! You're welcome, hope you didn't have anything else to do this afternoon haha it's pretty funny. 

You know what else was funny?

"I just couldn't refrain myself" Ramona 

"I have people stay here who come in from you know from Switzerland... Dubai...you know Tokyo" (or wherever) Sonja Morgan god that made me laugh out loud. The last person in that apartment was the live in hired help she could last afford circa 2007. Or maybe Pickles.

LMAO!!!!!

• Love 1

Great find, Alonzo!

I like the Slideshare site that referred to him as a philanthropist and singled out such achievements as raising $20K for autism research and $10K for Navesink Country Club (NJ). I work in fundraising and don't want to slight his efforts (or anyone else's), but "philanthropist" is generally a title that others give to you, not one you declare for yourself. Reading through the site and seeing the PR work he does, he reminded me of LeeAnne from RHOD - someone who fancies themselves as charity world insider, but is involved with the peripheral work and doesn't have the deep pockets that s/he would like others to believe. 

Considering his last Tweet before the most recent episode was 19 months ago, I wonder how many of his 133 followers signed up after Wednesday night's airing. I think it's pretty funny (and fitting) that there are mentions of him on a site called "Guest of a Guest."

• Love 5
15 hours ago, 100PercentPain said:

Bethenny briefly mentioned last night's episode in a SnapChat post today. She didn't say much, but she said again that she doesn't like it when people "fuck with [her] business" but also that she didn't like it when people use her as a storyline on a TV show. The way she said it made me wonder if Sonja was ever serious about Tipsy Girl or if she did know it would set B off and she was needling her on purpose to stay relevant. Kristen seemed to attempt that tactic (fight with Bethenny, since Bethenny had no interest in being her friend and doing one of those two was the only way to get camera time) without success, but maybe Sonja knows the real button to press is the business button. Not that Sonja didn't care about the prosecco at all, but maybe it was the kind of thing that seemed to be storyline motivated first and if it happened to work out as a successful business venture it would just be icing. 

Dear Bethenny, if you don't like people using you for a storyline of a TV show then get the fuck off the TV show.  See how easy that was? 

• Love 16

You know what I find immensely amusing and just all around great? Carole is just proving that Aviva was 100% right when she said that Carole is a phony and had to have a ghost writer. Which is nothing to be ashamed about. Many people only have one book in them and need help to write it. It is very funny that her publisher dropped her bony ass. Look with ebooks and the new set up at places like Amazon for self publishing you don't need a publisher at all. If she really writes these books she can self publish and get a hell of a better financial deal. That is where publishing is at now. Of course she can't do that because she can't write worth a lick. What a phony baloney.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I was not implying anything of the sort. If that is what you took away I can't help you.  You used the examples and I made my comments regarding the Kristen and Heather situation.  I did not even mention Sonja and in my post and even truncated your post so as not to include Sonja. 

You laid out a scenario and I simply cited the source by including both Heather and Kristen's blogs. 

Bethenny was not suggesting profitability in Kristen's case and Heather already had the product in place. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

John and Dorinda are like that couple you dread going out on a "group hang" with because you know there's gona be drama, tears, yelling, etc. Usually people outgrow it by the time they hit their mid 20s. But these 2 are in their 50s. To quote GOB, "Come on!" I seriously think they are in a toxic relationship and seem to bring out the worst in each other, and would be better off either single or with new partners.

J&D to the point of the show have probably been fun social friends and John probably didn't bother Dorinda that much UNTIL she viewed him through a different perspective, that of the RHW audience. I think this happens a lot on these shows where significant others just don't see or are bothered very much by their mates until they see it on screen and then they are embarrassed. The significant others may also act up more for the cameras, like John always wanting a kiss, and that adds to the irritation. Anyway, I'd bet Dorinda before the RHW just rolled her eyes about many things and didn't become a such a screaming shrew. Frankly, I think they're evenly matched.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

You know what I find immensely amusing and just all around great? Carole is just proving that Aviva was 100% right when she said that Carole is a phony and had to have a ghost writer. Which is nothing to be ashamed about. Many people only have one book in them and need help to write it. It is very funny that her publisher dropped her bony ass. Look with ebooks and the new set up at places like Amazon for self publishing you don't need a publisher at all. If she really writes these books she can self publish and get a hell of a better financial deal. That is where publishing is at now. Of course she can't do that because she can't write worth a lick. What a phony baloney.

Carole claims to have gotten the mid six figures for her last book.  I am thinking she got the better part of the deal.  I believe the book, "did not live up to sales expectations," I don't think the poor sales performance had anything to do with Aviva.  Just my opinion.  IIRC correctly, when Bravo announced, Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce, Carole put a few tweets out there crying foul.  The fact Girlfriends' Guide to. . . was an established series of books did not seem to detour her from expressing her displeasure over the similarities to her flop, The Widow's Guide to Sex and Dating.  Not a peep out of Brandi Glanville author of Drinking & Dating.

Sometimes it is like being on the playground, "she copied me". 

• Love 5

Bear with me, I know highlighting the script is kinda shitty, but I'm losing track. 

I said:

in response to you saying:

3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/kristen-taekman/kristen-why-is-bethenny-bad

Bethenny was not being helpful to Kristen, if she was trying to help she would have spoken to Kristen directly. Kristen's brand was already trademarked. Instead after getting caught gossiping and bad mouthing Kristen's product and Josh's expertise she refused to speak to Kristen.  Josh may be a jerk but he has had many years in the branding business. 

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/heather-thomson/heather-bethenny-and-i-are

Again with Heather had put her active wear on the market and didn't ask or need Bethenny's advice.  In both cases Bethenny's insight was both unsolicited and incorrect and made it seem as if she was superior to the other ladies in her knowledge of their businesses. 

Bethenny can now opine about business all she wants she announced she has a business show coming out on Twitter.  If someone doesn't like her advice they can turn the channel.  Problem solved.  

9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I was not implying anything of the sort. If that is what you took away I can't help you.  You used the examples and I made my comments regarding the Kristen and Heather situation.  I did not even mention Sonja and in my post and even truncated your post so as not to include Sonja. 

You laid out a scenario and I simply cited the source by including both Heather and Kristen's blogs. 

Bethenny was not suggesting profitability in Kristen's case and Heather already had the product in place. 

I didn't say she was suggesting profitability, I said she was suggesting brand protection by snagging Pop of Color's trademark.  I mentioned profitability/expansion in reference to what she said to Heather, which apparently Heather had already considered.   

• Love 1

I think Dorinda likes Johns warmth and generosity and affectionate nature when he is sober. She craves love as we all do. John supplies it. Just not in a refined poetic way. He is clumsy and sometimes gross but he is doing it in a loving way. In a big sweaty outer borough ethnic way that she finds attractive. Or at least very familiar. She grew up with that. Who knows maybe that was what her Dad was just like that.

But once she gets her load on she has to pick at him. He is too declasse for  her rich Upper  East Side bitchy friends as Ramona and Bethenny remind us every episode. When she is drunk John reminds her of the life she left behind. For sure that is what Bethenny sees when she sees John. She see her Dad and her Step Dad and the race track people and she sees red and is on the attack. It has nothing to do with Dorinda. She couldn't give a wet shit about Dorinda. It is the same with Ramona. Listen to her talk about her upbringing and her Dad. I mean a freaking walk in the woods make her freak out and call for the air force to fly her out to the Hamptons.

This season set up John as a punching bag and Dorinda signed on for it. Don't get me wrong. So did John. Jules and Michael bonded with him because they are cannon fodder set up for the same thing. I hope that after viewing this season John realizes that being a fame whore is not all that is is cracked up to be.

• Love 9
(edited)

@ZaldamoWilder I think Bethenny's delivery is why her advice comes off wrong. I thought her suggestions were spot on but to say "Kristen's stupid; she didn't get the name trademarked" is really rude. 

Why is squirting dirty, nasty? Why is dating and having sex for a woman over 18 whose children are grown a reason to disparage her? Unless Luann slept with Mario, Ramona needs to stfu. Ramona is a bitter, lonely, ugly person.  At the reunion she'll offer a half-assed apology and her co-workers will just have to accept it because haha that's just crazy Ramona. How can a person who always talks about the importance of girlfriends be such a horrible girlfriend? I would never entertain a conversation in which a man shared the details of sleeping with my friend/coworker. 

I think Ramona and Mario harbored some resentment of Luann because she was in a higher social sphere when she was married than they were. Not that Lu wasn't a snob but Ramona (and Mario) always take every opportunity to slut shame Luann. 

The trick of the upper class is they're no different than the middle class it's just they do their cheating, stealing and whatever else with style and grace. I think that's why I'm tiring of these shows. My friends and I are classier, savvier and 100x more mature than these women. I guess it's the difference between having to hustle and use your wits to make it versus setting out to marry well to make it.

Edited by MaryTylerMoore
  • Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Skinny Cow has had snack packs of "diet" chocolate forever.  Is Bethanny's new SkinyGirl chocolates copying them or a chater brand?  Or is it okay because she's a girl and they're a cow?

Skinny Bitch and Hungry Girl were pretty well known before B sold SG and started her other lines so I always thought she was a cheater brand of theirs. Hungry Girl has a better website and arguably better products and ideas too if you're looking for fake, no calorie stuff. Just sayin'.

oh, and "Airing Your Dirty Laundry" is a great episode name.

Edited by Almost 3000
Added: oh, and...
  • Love 11
8 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Bear with me, I know highlighting the script is kinda shitty, but I'm losing track. 

I said:

in response to you saying:

I didn't say she was suggesting profitability, I said she was suggesting brand protection by snagging Pop of Color's trademark.  I mentioned profitability/expansion in reference to what she said to Heather, which apparently Heather had already considered.   

The issue regarding trademark was moot because it was already trademarked.  According to Bethenny it was some fictional conversation Carole created, I guess to create a storyline.  Obviously, the almost conversation that took place should have involved buttinski Carole. 

Heather had not just considered it, she had just given outfits to the ladies and the her YT line of activewear was in commerce.  IIRC Bethenny also said something about jeans being a tough market and Heather was in the jean market. and successful. It became obvious that Bethenny had not looked into Heather's brand and didn't care to before dispensing advice.  One of those situations where a thank-you would have sufficed for the gift of YT.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Actually, Skinny Cow started out on the frozen food aisle with their low calorie ice cream snacks. They didn't get into the candy part of the business until about 2012.  Before that, it was all frozen. Beth had actually already filed a trademark for her bars in 2011.  It is actually fascinating to see the way Beth was thinking of expanding into so many other categories way back as early as 2008 and 2009 and got trademarks for these potential categories. Girl was planning her expansion long, long ago. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The issue regarding trademark was moot because it was already trademarked.  According to Bethenny it was some fictional conversation Carole created, I guess to create a storyline.  Obviously, the almost conversation that took place should have involved buttinski Carole. 

Heather had not just considered it, she had just given outfits to the ladies and the her YT line of activewear was in commerce.  IIRC Bethenny also said something about jeans being a tough market and Heather was in the jean market. and successful. It became obvious that Bethenny had not looked into Heather's brand and didn't care to before dispensing advice.  One of those situations where a thank-you would have sufficed for the gift of YT.

Oh then she should've retracted.  Except that, she says she never said that.  It's what I thought I heard in one of her THs. 

Bethenny suggested a profitable idea that Heather had already implemented.   I didn't argue about it.

35 minutes ago, MaryTylerMoore said:

@ZaldamoWilder I think Bethenny's delivery is why her advice comes off wrong. I thought her suggestions were spot on but to say "Kristen's stupid; she didn't get the name trademarked" is really rude. 

Agree.  But it's Kristen's word against hers, she said she never said it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

Well, except Carole has been a writer and journalist for most of her life, she's even won 3 emmy's and a Peabody.  She's reported and produced/written stories in war zones, and all over the world.  She was also wrote a monthly column for Glamour Magazine, and was on the NY Times Bestseller list for her first book What Remains.  There is just about zero doubt that she's a writer.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carole_Radziwill 

Damn!

Do we need a separate thread so we don't have to keep repeating stuff about the damn branding issue?  Because that might be a great idea about now.

• Love 9

Writing for TV is a lot different than writing a book. Did you ever see the line at the Emmy's where a platoon of people line up to get the writing emmy?  Aviva's contention was that it was well know that Carole had a ghost writer on her failed book. I seem to remember someone in publishing who posted here who backed that contention up and explained the scenes with her editor a lot better than I can. I think there is zero doubt that she is not the type of writer that she presents herself to be. She spent a whole season freaking out at the implication that she needed help on her books. That is nothing to be ashamed of in the real world. I think she is a worthless fraud. What is my evidence? Well the fact that she was dumped by her publisher and couldn't meet a deadline to save her life. She might be able to bang out a short article or a blog post but she is not the writer she presents herself to be. Now she is pretending to write a book with Vegetable Boy. Do you think that book is ever going to happen?

Because if you do I have a bridge about thirty blocks away from me that I can get you a really good deal on. Call me.

(I say that out of love. I also hate to break it to you....but unicorns aren't real. Sorry.)

• Love 8

Having writer's block on her 3rd book, or not selling well on her 2nd book doesn't make her "not a writer" or in need of ghost writers.  Her entire career has been writing, and if anything, television and news writing is faster and more precise, certainly no time for ghost writers.  Also, an editor is not a writer.  Harper Lee's first book submission was completely different than To Kill A Mockingbird, as we now know since they released her original under the guise of it being a new book.  An editor guided her to those huge revisions.

This is a dumb argument, so I'm out.

Now if only GRRM had had an editor...

• Love 13
(edited)

I could be wrong. I just see that Carole is a worthless phony in everything she does on screen so maybe the one area where she is not a lying phony piece of crap is her "writing." I mean it is not like she is savagely defensive about it or anything. Just sayn'

I'm out too.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Oh then she should've retracted.  Except that, she says she never said that.  It's what I thought I heard in one of her THs. 

Bethenny suggested a profitable idea that Heather had already implemented.   I didn't argue about it.

Agree.  But it's Kristen's word against hers, she said she never said it.

Carole's word against Bethenny's.  Carole is the one who told Kristen (not in dispute).  Carole v Bethenny.  Here is the clip:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/videos/next-on-rhony-fighting-all-around  Bethenny bolted before addressing Kristen's concerns/assertions and claimed she was being attacked.

28 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Well, except Carole has been a writer and journalist for most of her life, she's even won 3 emmy's and a Peabody.  She's reported and produced/written stories in war zones, and all over the world.  She was also wrote a monthly column for Glamour Magazine, and was on the NY Times Bestseller list for her first book What Remains.  There is just about zero doubt that she's a writer.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carole_Radziwill 

Damn!

Do we need a separate thread so we don't have to keep repeating stuff about the damn branding issue?  Because that might be a great idea about now.

No it is part and a huge part of the episode.  

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Also, an editor is not a writer.

Toni Morrison, one of the greatest American writers living or dead, worked as an editor at Random House for something like thirty years, while also writing novels.  Jackie Kennedy worked as an editor and had a pretty good reputation, but I don't think anyone considered her a writer.  Some editors are terrific writers, some aren't.  Some people can do both very well, some can't do either.  I think that generalization just ignores reality.

• Love 12

I didn't Ike the way Beth treated Heather last year because I didn't understand it.  I didn't get the "I feel like she's trying to crawl inside me" stuff.  I know others did because they didn't care for Heather and understood why she annoyed Beth, but maybe since I liked Heather, I didn't see it. At the same time, I've always been a fan of Beth's and I thought she was wrong in how she initially reacted to Heather. What I never had a problem with was the way Beth treated Heather regarding her business. She always gave Heather props for what she had accomplished. I respected that, because sometimes that is hard to do when you don't care for someone; be able to not like them but still respect what they do and give credit where credit is due. She told Sonja the first time she went to one of her meetings that she should have invited Heather because that was what Heather was good at. She completely backed Heather up at the second meeting, and wrote glowingly of Heather and her talents in that blog. I didn't see her recommendation that Heather go into the work-out gear deal as a criticism. She apparently didn't know that Heather was going there, and thought that she was someone who could be successful in a very busy space. I thought it was recognition that the girl had game. I also got why Heather kind of rolled her eyes. At the end of the day Beth admitted that her issues with Heather were mainly her fault, and took ownership of acting in ways that were not easy to understand. Again, I appreciate when someone has the ability to do that because it's not always easy. 

• Love 7

Sonja to Bethenny during the smackdown:  "I thought the alcohol was a great idea, I really looked up to what you did and I thought it would be a great way for me to get ahead." 

Sonja knew exactly what she was doing.

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, MaryTylerMoore said:

The trick of the upper class is they're no different than the middle class it's just they do their cheating, stealing and whatever else with style and grace. I think that's why I'm tiring of these shows. My friends and I are classier, savvier and 100x more mature than these women. I guess it's the difference between having to hustle and use your wits to make it versus setting out to marry well to make it.

Edited by Duke2801
i can't with this new formatting.
19 hours ago, Neurochick said:

What the hell is wrong with Ramona, drugs, liquor?  That ex of LuAnn's was drunk and crazy and Ramona was sticking up for that creep?  Ramona   wasn't even invited to John's event, what were she and her hair extensions doing there in the first place?

I seriously think Ramona stuck up for Rey simply because John was telling him to leave. It was about John, not Rey. Despite her earlier conversation with Dorinda, she has zero respect for John and is going to let him know it. If he had told her to stay all night and have fun, she probably would have walked right out the door. 

4 hours ago, Umbelina said:

I think when Jules says she wants a nanny, what she really means is a personal assistant who also gets the kids out of her hair and raises them in a way that won't embarrass her, because she just wants "quality time" with her kids, after they are fed, bathed, exercised, and calm so she can pretend to admire their coloring or read them a few pages of a story, possibly to tuck them in if she's not out for the evening.

Lol, that's a great way to put it and I think you are right. But calling it a "nanny" position sounds so much better. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, archer1267 said:

like the Slideshare site that referred to him as a philanthropist and singled out such achievements as raising $20K for autism research and $10K for Navesink Country Club (NJ). I work in fundraising and don't want to slight his efforts (or anyone else's), but "philanthropist" is generally a title that others give to you, not one you declare for yourself. Reading through the site and seeing the PR work he does, he reminded me of LeeAnne from RHOD - someone who fancies themselves as charity world insider, but is involved with the peripheral work and doesn't have the deep pockets that s/he would like others to believe. 

I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct, especially after seeing him tell Ramona - "I have a charity. It's for poor people". Or something really vague like that. 

2 hours ago, Trooper York said:

But once she gets her load on she has to pick at him. He is too declasse for  her rich Upper  East Side bitchy friends as Ramona and Bethenny remind us every episode

To be fair, B hasn't said a word about John since their interaction that weekend in the Hamptons. Ramona is definitely being a snob about it, but....then again, so is Dorinda. I think SHE has mentioned where he comes from vs. where SHE comes from more times than anyone else. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I´d written Carole off but she got many points from me for fostering the kittens. Cats are the best, always, that´s one of my mottos in life.

It was great to see the way Madame Morgan´s tears affected crazy crabby old Bethenney.

I don´t understand Jules and the nanny/housekeeper/stay-at-home-mom situation. There were too many weird things going on there for me to actually adress them. But especially not allowing the kid to pick her own clothes from that closet? My child would never forgive me.

Ramona seems to be crawling back into old Ramona territory. I need to see her drunk and dating.

Love Luann, and the stuff Ramona says about her.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1
(edited)
On May 19, 2016 at 3:29 PM, islandgal140 said:

My thing is that if it was just about skinnygirl and tipsy girl occupying the same industry than there would be precious little that Sonja or anyone could market if B had her way. Has anyone been to the us trademark site and actually searched for what B and her team have researched the name with? Well, I have and it appears to be EVERYTHING. I cut and pasted the categories B and her team registered to use the skinnygirl tradename str8 from the US patent and trademark site:

- Luggage; all-purpose carrying bags; suitcases; duffle bags; wheeled duffle bags; carry-on bags; sport bags; traveling bags; backpacks; messenger bags; garment bags for travel; overnight bags; cosmetics bags and organizers sold empty; toiletry cases sold empty; luggage straps; luggage tags; animal carriers (bags); luggage inserts, namely, packing cubes

- Alcoholic cocktail mixes; prepared alcoholic cocktail; prepared wine cocktails; wine; wine-based drinks; spirits (beverages); vodka; alcoholic mixed beverages except beers

- flavor enhancers used in beverage products; flavorings other than essential oils for beverages.

- Toasters; electric griddles; automatic bread-making machines for domestic use; electric coffee makers; electric Dutch ovens; electric grills; electric kettles; electric panini makers; electric popcorn poppers; electric pressure cookers; electric rice cooker; electric rotisseries; electric slow cookers; electric toaster ovens; electric waffle makers; electric woks; water purification and filtration apparatus; soda and carbonated beverage making machines; electric food steamer

- Hair bleaching preparations; hair care preparations; hair care products, namely, heat protection sprays; hair color; hair shampoos and conditioners; hair gel and hair mousse; hair glaze; hair masks; hair oils; hair sprays; hair styling fixative in the nature of hair wax; hair texturizers; cosmetics; lipstick; eye makeup; blush; mascara; cosmetic pencils; foundation make-up; face powder; concealers for the eyes or face; eye shadow; eye liner

- luncheon meats; processed meats; ready to eat meals consisting primarily of meat and cheese; refrigerated food package combinations consisting primarily of meat and cheese; frozen breakfast entrees consisting of egg, meat, cheese and bread; pre-cooked eggs, namely, omelets, frittatas; frozen meals consisting primarily of eggs; breakfast sandwiches; sausage-egg and cheese sandwiches

- shakes

- Coffee; tea; herbal tea; tea pods; Caffeine-free coffee; Caffeine-free tea; Coffee pods.

- Hummus; caponata; bean dips; dairy-based dip; potato chips; sweet potatoe chips; vegetable chips; snack food dip; food package combinations consisting primarily of one or more of the following, namely, vegetable chips, tortilla chips, pita chips, pretzel chips, crackers, baked sweet potato chips, and also including a snack food dip or sauce, namely, salsa, hummus, caponata, bean dip, or yogurt dip; cheese and cracker combinations

- Salad dressings; cereal based snack food; chocolates and chocolate based ready to eat candies and snacks; corn-based snack foods; grain-based snack foods; granola-based snack bars; multigrain-based snack foods; flavor-coated popped popcorn; microwave popcorn; tortilla chips; popcorn

- Non-alcoholic beverages, namely, carbonated beverages; non-alcoholic beverages containing fruit juices. 

- Exercise equipment, namely, exercise bands; exercise weights; personal exercise mats

- Nutritional bars for use as a meal replacement; nutritional shakes for use as a meal replacement; meal replacement snacks

- Entertainment services rendered through the medium of television in the nature of a variety talk show series

- Cookware, namely, non-stick bake ware sets consisting of baking pans, cake pans, muffin pans and cookie sheets; baking pans; cookie sheets; fruit pop ice molds; waffle irons; cookie cutters; cooking and kitchen utensils, namely, rolling pins, spatula, strainers, whisks, pastry cutters, bake ware, wire cooling racks for baked goods, pastry brushes, flour sifters, mixing spoons, cookie dough scoop, muffin tins, ice cream scoops, mixing bowls, non-stick roasting pans, loaf pans, non-stick baking mats; cookware for use in microwave ovens; cookware, namely, pots and pans, roasting pans, steamers; shot glasses; drinking glasses; drinking glasses, namely, tumblers; glass beverage ware; wine glasses; cocktail shakers; cocktail stirrers; cocktail strainers; pitchers; collapsible fabric storage container for domestic use; collapsible storage containers for domestic use; plastic storage containers for household or domestic use

- Natural sweetener

- Shapewear, namely, bodysuits, leg shapers and leggings; intimates, namely, bras, camisoles, panties, slips, lingerie, thongs and boy shorts

-Skincare products, namely, facial cleansers, facial exfoliants, facial toners, facial creams, facial lotions, facial moisturizers, facial emulsions, facial masks, facial scrubs, anti-aging creams and lotions, anti-wrinkle creams, lotions and skin conditioners; lip gloss; make-up; aromatic body care products, namely, body lotion, shower gel, non-medicated lip balm, soap, body polish, body and foot scrub; body and beauty care cosmetics; face and body creams; fragrances and perfumes

- aprons; t-shirts; caps

I mean, I get it but seems unreasonable  to be a squatter over such two generic words mashed together. 

Sorry, zm, but this branding thing, esp. as illustrated here, makes me a little nuts.

Holy Crap! To me, that looks like a developer so unsure of his/her business that they will try anything and everything attempting to make their business happen. Manic chipmunk mode.

That list is, imho, fucking crazy! Imho, it becomes a brand with no identity other SG  and obviously that ain't enough or we wouldn't be seeing her crap all over the TJMaxx's and other discount retailers.  I don't usually trust a brand that thinks it can do it all, 'cuz it can't. At least not effectively.

And frankly, that stupid martini glass logo with Bethy's ass in the glass still looks a bit like what Alex designed. I'll ahve to look for it but either a Salon or New Yorker reporter/journalist commented same within the last year. The same reporter who had really less than kind thing to say about some SG flavors.

If she wanted to help someone with branding she should just tear the index out of a catalog and hand it over. That appears to be what she did.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 7

Well this is interesting. Adam and his dad just survived a plane crash.  So glad they are okay. Adam seems like a really good person. I'm sure his Dad is a good person too.

http://pagesix.com/2016/05/20/housewife-carole-radziwills-boyfriend-survives-plane-crash/?_ga=1.252017161.1032332601.1454492440

Honestly, thank God they are okay.  And sorry, I know not everyone agrees but I still love Carole.  I love her intelligence, warmth, wit and exotic beauty -- and the fact that she is my age but still is so relevant, viable and fabulous.  I know some of you will barf so I will apologize in advance.  Also want to thank everyone for the great Ramona comments -- very interesting and illuminating. I saw her five years ago while at a lunch at Koi and I have to say -- she is really beautiful in person. At that lunch (our table was right next to hers) she was with celebrity photographer Patrick McMullen and what seemed like either young family members or friends and several PR and assistant types -- all of whom were beautifully dressed. The person I was having lunch with, a business associate, was only 30 years old and a huge Housewives/Ramona fan, so of course we bonded instantly.  We agreed that Ramona looked really amazing.

I agree with everyone that she can be totally awful and toxic. But damn, in person, she is prettier and younger looking that you might think.

One thing that I don't love about this season is the Bethenny Bullying.  I love Bethenny but to see her take down LuAnn and Sonja is like watching an Alpha pit bull kill an aging teacup yorkie.  Slowly killing it.  Painful to watch and not entertaining.  Hate seeing Lu and Sonja grovel and kiss the ring but to no avail.  And I say this as a huge Bethenny fan.  If Bethenny's gonna fight, I want to see her with a worthy opponent. Girlfriend is like Mike Tyson in his prime -- it's over in the first round either via knockout or the opponent cowering in fear so the ref stops the fight.

That is why I still love my beloved Holla (Heather) the only one who stood up to Bethenny and Kelly Bensimon, who probably should not have taken on Bethenny but did, resulting in "Scary Island" (arguably the BEST Housewives episode of all time across the entire franchise).

• Love 14
(edited)

Well, she seems to be doing a yeoman's job bringing those items to SkinnyGirl fruition. Luggage? Collapsible srorage containers? And nothing says SkinnyGirl like an electric griddle. Surely there's a Skinny Girl laxative possible, did she miss that?

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 7

Can't she [Beth] just shut up for once and be happy for someone else? 

Obviously not. And, a good screw ain't going to do jack for her, since she was still her brittle self after supposedly having one of the best date nights ever. She's just a pissy soul.

I don't like that Bethenny is making a big deal of having Sonja attend 15 minutes of her branding summit.  It was on film for goodness sake, everybody got to see it. 

The "behind the curtain" comment was laughable. That scene was nothing more than a way to show off at the expense of embarrassing Sonja.

Everything about and surrounding Rey was muthafuckin' lolwut.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LittleGreyCells said:

I haven't seen Bethenny since The Apprentice with Martha Stewart. Her face is a disaster!

Bethenny-Frankel-Before-and-After-Plasti

Bethenny says she hasn't had any surgery and I believe her. I had thought she had her jaws surgically modified but watching her explanation in the accompanying video makes perfect sense.

RHONY Bethenny Frankel talks Botox, denies invasive surgery http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/tvshowbiz/video-1291852/RHONY-Bethenny-Frankel-talks-Botox-denies-invasive-surgery.html

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Bethenny-Frankel-Before-and-After-Plasti

Bethenny says she hasn't had any surgery and I believe her. I had thought she had her jaws surgically modified but watching her explanation in the accompanying video makes perfect sense.

RHONY Bethenny Frankel talks Botox, denies invasive surgery http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/tvshowbiz/video-1291852/RHONY-Bethenny-Frankel-talks-Botox-denies-invasive-surgery.html

It would be more believable if she hadn't fudged, dodged, made shit up about her breast implants.  Originally they just magically appeared in her bikini top.  Then it was  a lift, then a reduction, then it was a revision to correct some problem.  Personally, I think the rudest thing in the world to do is ask someone if they have had work done but it seems to be okay to ask on RH franchises.  No one has had the courage to tell Andy-"none of your effing business, you rude little troll."  It didn't stop Bethenny, Kristen and some of the others from discussing Ramona's boob job last year.  Rude people.  Maybe this year they will move up to Ramona's surgically enhanced face.  

• Love 6

Yeah, look at the space between her mole and her jawline - that's a whole lot of botulism pumped in there. Good luck not looking like a linebacker in the near future.

• Love 4

You can still find the soft core porn video or screen shots on line.  Her boobs WERE huge, real, and horribly saggy at a young age.  When you have a "lift" they always put in implants, but I don't think hers added any volume, because seriously, hers were hanging huge.