Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: BBQ, Brunch Or Bust

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I don't think Carole specified that the pedophile comment came through social media, and it seems Carole is hearing things LuAnn is saying to people the mutually know, so I don't see the evidence that it never happened.

I just can't see the upside in bringing up something said off camera and off media. If it so disturbing to Carole why does she repeat it?  Common sense dictates that someone in their 20s does not fall within the pedophile category.  It is much like the term cradle robbing-it really isn't an infant, just a large age difference.  I have found Carole's comments about LuAnn's sexual prowess and then accusing the others of misogyny very conflicting.  Much like other people's money maybe Carole needs to back off on how many men LuAnn has in her life or if they go to breakfast in the morning.

It would be like saying Adam is visually impaired, it would a reference to his repeated references on social media about the beautiful Carole Radziwill.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think Carole feels (not me) that because she stopped calling Luann names after the reunion was filmed she is not guilty or less guilty of bad behavior. Me, I think they both acted badly, Carole retweeted others calling Luann names and Luann did both, calling Carole names herself and retweeted others doing it. Is Carole less guilty, in her mind I guess she is, in my mind I am not so sure she is. Is Luann guilty, in her mind she has equal guilt, in my mind, yes.

I went through Luann's twitter - it's only available until the end of July, so she may have said a lot of nasty stuff while the Adam stuff and the Heather/Carole bursting into her room was airing.  But when the reunion was filming Luann posted basically, " I hope we all resolved our issues and can move on as friends, we all went out together and moved on..yadda yadda."  After that there was nothing more about Carole at all.  So Carole's claims about her talking on twitter about her in October just aren't there.  (Of course Luann may have tweeted and deleted, but people usually screen shot that stuff).

I also went through Carole's and she was non-stop going after Luann during the reunion and after while Luann was saying we're all moving forward. And Carole is the one now who is continuing the retweets about Luann. There was even an article at the time of the reunion asking why Carole was going in on Luann on twitter so much while Luann wasn't responding.  Both of their blogs at the time weren't so friendly. 

Luann isn't a grudge holder. She wants to party and move on. ITA with Neurochick that if Carole is so happy, then just drop this crap with Luann. They went out to lunch after the reunion, Luann wanted to move on then. Just move on. 

• Love 9

Of course LuAnn wants to move on, she acted like a hose beast last season. I can understand why Carole might still be bitter. That shit doesn't just go away because the other person just wants to "move on." I appreciate that Carole doesn't just pretend that everything is OK just because it's a new season. Life doesn't work like that.

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Of course LuAnn wants to move on, she acted like a hose beast last season. I can understand why Carole might still be bitter. That shit doesn't just go away because the other person just wants to "move on." I appreciate that Carole doesn't just pretend that everything is OK just because it's a new season. Life doesn't work like that.

I liked Carole last season and felt that Luann was horrid to her and Heather while trying to crawl up Bethenny's behind. That said, at this point, she needs to let it go and stop, just be chilly/polite to Luann and nothing more. I get the sense that Carole and Bethenny each have their own agenda as far as Luann is concerned, Carole for how Luann went after her/Adam/Heather and Bethenny because of old grudges from seasons past.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think Carole feels (not me) that because she stopped calling Luann names after the reunion was filmed she is not guilty or less guilty of bad behavior. Me, I think they both acted badly, Carole retweeted others calling Luann names and Luann did both, calling Carole names herself and retweeted others doing it. Is Carole less guilty, in her mind I guess she is, in my mind I am not so sure she is. Is Luann guilty, in her mind she has equal guilt, in my mind, yes.

Exactly, on top of Carole saying mean things, she was co-signing for the nasty things others were saying about Luann when she would retweet their comments. I'm not sure Carole think she's guilty at all judging by her response to Luann. When Luann said 'we both said..." that would have been the perfect time to say "yes, but you were far nastier with the things you said and you addressed it incessantly". At least then Carole would be taking accountability for engaging in similar behaviour but making the point that Luann took it much further than Carole ever did or wanted to. 

This entire franchise seems to be built on casting women who have no understanding of maturely handling conflict. Women who try to skirt away from accountability and who are far more interested in receiving an apology that they have no self-awareness to consider and address their own part in mishandling a situation. 

• Love 3

The dynamic of this program isn't like any other 'work scenarios'.

Yes, it's a job and a paycheck, but this group of hags/hubbies only see each other intermittently and at staged events?

In a 'regular' job, they'd be seeing each other 8/40 and would have to slug it out or hug it out. Imagine the kind of tension of beffeny's b-day party every day, for 8 hours, 40 hours a week?

That kind of atmosphere is ripe for real down and dirty, toe to toe, mortal combat - something would be bound to break - in one way or another. The kind of warfare in the show is hit and run, then taunt your foe from afar via the interwebz.

I do look forward to the trips because those are the make or break episodes and you really start to see the 'twuntery' and claws come out. THAT is the fastest way to find out about who you are dealing with. Spend a few days with them and it you still have their number on your cell phone after the trip?

Maybe you can be friends?

• Love 2

OK, maybe I haven't been paying attention or I'm at a point where I'm totally blocking it out, but I haven't noticed much (or any) Skinny Girl mentions or plugs or product placements.  Did I miss 'em?

I wonder if Bravo could possibly be limiting Bethenny (yes, even Queen of this universe, Bethenny) from mentioning Skinny Girl every 2 seconds.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

OK, maybe I haven't been paying attention or I'm at a point where I'm totally blocking it out, but I haven't noticed much (or any) Skinny Girl mentions or plugs or product placements.  Did I miss 'em?

I wonder if Bravo could possibly be limiting Bethenny (yes, even Queen of this universe, Bethenny) from mentioning Skinny Girl every 2 seconds.

It's been much less this year, I noticed that too.  I was kind of surprised, she ordered Vodka Rocks with 3 olives at the bar, not a skinny girl drink, for example, her new houses are very much toned down from the Skinny Girl stuff we saw in the past, her office isn't in her home anymore, etc.

All the wives do it though, Ramona and her Pinot Grigio, Heather and her Yummy Tummy, Sonja and her toaster oven and whatever random thought crosses her mind, Kyle and her clothing store, VDP and her restaurants, Carole her book, various wives their singing, Kristen's husband and his energy drinks (apparently Jules has something similar she's already pushing on social media.)  I mean really, these shows do attract women who want to sell things.  John isn't a wife though, and yet he gets a commercial or two already for his dry cleaning business.

• Love 2

IMHO, Carol is going in on Luann's sex life in retaliation for Luann trying to bury her last year for dating the young chef and all the insults made during that season. Luann wouldn't let it go and that was on top of the previous season and the "girl code" nonsense and song. I get the feeling that the others covered for Luann for years while she pretended to be something she wasn't and pretty much bit their tongues when Luann acted like she was the model of decorum. I think there is probably also hurt feelings since Carol and Luann seemed to consider each other friends. I agree that Carol isn't doing herself any favors with the insults and retweets and her behavior with Bethenny last episode at Jules' house was really rude and made them both look like assholes. However, I always thought that Bethenny had it right years ago when she called the Countess a snake. That's how I view her as well . All the others have their issues to be sure but Luann is the one I'd probably always suspect would run me over for a story line and then want me to "drop it" when the season ended. She strikes me as so disingenuous and phony and a major user. 

• Love 11

John may be getting free commercials on Bravo but that airtime is not doing any favors for his company, Madame Paulette, which is the very best dry cleaning business in quite possibly the world.  It gets fabulous reviews as Scooby Doobs pointed out much earlier and quite astutely.  I almost feel badly for John and  hope he is not being used.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

B promoted SG Moscow Mules on her site that she had at her b-day party complete with the copper mugs and she had a SG hostess basket that she took to Jules smear party. So twice that I can remember from just the last episode.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, shoegal said:

Seriously. It's pretty easy to say "move on" when it's not your boyfriend and your character being annihilated on social media. And I'm LOL-ing at the idea that "Lu just wants to move on and party." OK, so then why was she the one going on a Twitter attack (Twattack?) against Carol when last season AIRED (months and months after the filming ending and Carole thought that she and Lu were in an OK place?)

That all said, I completely concur that how she and Bethenny acted at Jules' brunch was terrible and they should both be embarrassed about that behavior.  Either don't go and send your regrets, or suck it up and interact with the other guests in a gracious manner. And be especially gracious towards your host/hostess, which includes NOT openly discussing her disordered eating within earshot of her.  FFS.

But as far as the Lu stuff? Nuh - uh. In my book, she has every right to still be offended by Lu's horrific behavior last year. 

In other news, I also like Jules' husband.  He seems low-key and affable. Reminds me of Heather's husband in that respect.     

• Love 6
On 4/28/2016 at 7:59 AM, ghoulina said:

I'm one of the few people left alive who still likes Bethenny, but even I was tired of some her behavior tonight. She was not being a very good hostess.

Bethenny lost me after this episode. Who the fuck does she think she is? Who walks into someone's home and immediately starts attacking them and questioning their decisions on how to renovate their home. I swear I want to write in for the reunion to beg her to please just shut the entire fuck up. Were it me I would have thanked her for her opinion then asked her to leave my home. Smart business woman or no Bethenny is an asshole. She's become everything she hated in her early seasons on this show.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Seriously. It's pretty easy to say "move on" when it's not your boyfriend and your character being annihilated on social media. And I'm LOL-ing at the idea that "Lu just wants to move on and party." OK, so then why was she the one going on a Twitter attack (Twattack?) against Carol when last season AIRED (months and months after the filming ending and Carole thought that she and Lu were in an OK place?)

That all said, I completely concur that how she and Bethenny acted at Jules' brunch was terrible and they should both be embarrassed about that behavior.  Either don't go and send your regrets, or suck it up and interact with the other guests in a gracious manner. And be especially gracious towards your host/hostess, which includes NOT openly discussing her disordered eating within earshot of her.  FFS.

But as far as the Lu stuff? Nuh - uh. In my book, she has every right to still be offended by Lu's horrific behavior last year. 

In other news, I also like Jules' husband.  He seems low-key and affable. Reminds me of Heather's husband in that respect.     

IMO Carole is totally overreacting to Luann overreacting to her dating Adam. So Luann said Carole was cradle robbing (which has now been elevated to the level of pedophile) and betrayed her and her niece? Vapors - get the smelling salts! Jeez louise Carole get over your f'ing self. You lived with Luann that summer and spent a ton of time with the niece. You started dating the guy and on film said you didn't tell them bc you knew it was not cool with them, and then you were like "f'em if they are upset!" when they were upset?  

Carole came on her 1st season to go after Luann and her ridiculous Countess-isms.  She was the dog with the bone after Luann that year especially in her talking heads. I thought they had become friends the next season, but as soon as Carole thinks she is insulted, she goes scorched earth on twitter. Just ask Aviva.  She made/tweeted/retweeted comments last year about Luann dating younger boys (some friend's son), having sex with pirates, having sex in the bathroom stall, having sex with married men and this year with the comment about Luann's dates not usually staying for breakfast - basically slut-shaming Luann, so she can shut up about misogyny and Luann's comments about Carole cradle-robbing. Saying someone's boyfriend is young is not such an attack to warrant Carole's asshattery this year. 

Luann did say a bunch of bullshit to Carole's face on camera last year.  Carole also said shit on camera about Luann. They both fought on twitter and in their blogs when those episodes aired. Carole was no angel. She claims she was retaliating, but she jumped right into whatever mud pit Luann was in. And they fought it out on the reunion. And guess what? Luann stopped first. When the reunion ended.  But Carole continued. I went into Luann's twitter, and she didn't mention Carole at all in October or September, so Carole's comments on the show to that effect just aren't true.  

Carole has no high road to be on right now, and she certainly isn't on one with her twitter behavior. She is claiming she is exhibiting good manners and honoring her followers by retweeting their mean tweets about Luann. That is a huge lol.  Good etiquette Carole? Hahaha - Manners!!! This is pot meet kettle with these two. Luann has just as many tweets/comments to be mad about as Carole. They were both nasty. Carole's righteousness is misplaced.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, jinjer said:

I am sorry but Carole is totally overreacting to Luann overreacting to her dating Adam. So Luann said Carole was cradle robbing (which has now been elevated to the level of pedophile) and betrayed her and her niece? Vapors - get the smelling salts! Jeez louise Carole get over your f'ing self. You lived with Luann that summer and spent a ton of time with the niece. You started dating the guy and on film said you didn't tell them bc you knew it was not cool with them, and then you were like "f'em if they are upset!" when they were upset?  

Carole came on her 1st season to go after Luann and her ridiculous Countess-isms.  She was the dog with the bone after Luann that year especially in her talking heads. I thought they had become friends the next season, but as soon as Carole thinks she is insulted, she goes scorched earth on twitter. Just ask Aviva.  She made/tweeted/retweeted comments last year about Luann dating younger boys (some friend's son), having sex with pirates, having sex in the bathroom stall, having sex with married men and this year with the comment about Luann's dates not usually staying for breakfast - basically slut-shaming Luann, so she can shut up about misogyny and Luann's comments about Carole cradle-robbing. Saying someone's boyfriend is young is not such an attack to warrant Carole's asshattery this year. 

Luann did say a bunch of bullshit to Carole's face on camera last year.  Carole also said shit on camera about Luann. They both fought on twitter and in their blogs when those episodes aired. Carole was no angel. She claims she was retaliating, but she jumped right into whatever mud pit Luann was in. And they fought it out on the reunion. And guess what? Luann stopped first. When the reunion ended.  But Carole continued. I went into Luann's twitter, and she didn't mention Carole at all in October or September, so Carole's comments on the show to that effect just aren't true.  

Carole has no high road to be on right now, and she certainly isn't on one with her twitter behavior. She is claiming she is exhibiting good manners and honoring her followers by retweeting their mean tweets about Luann. That is a huge lol.  Good etiquette Carole? Hahaha - Manners!!! This is pot meet kettle with these two. Luann has just as many tweets/comments to be mad about as Carole. They were both nasty. Carole's righteousness is misplaced.

Re the "slut-shaming"--I guess I see it more as highlighting Luann's hypocrisy. While Luann is clutching her pearls and suggesting that there is something shameful with Carol dating a much younger man, she has lots of one-night stands, sleeps with married men, cheated on her husband, etc. Carol and all the others knew these things about Luann and didn't care. It wasn't until Luann started with the girl code baloney and trying to make Carol look bad for dating a young guy that Carol started calling her out on being a hypocrite. But I agree that all the mudslinging makes them both look really bad. 

I agree with an earlier post about John wanting the publicity but these shows have been on long enough for people to know that they're taking their chances with their own reputations by signing up so I don't really feel sorry for him. And what business person concerned about their reputations would provide so many opportunities for the cameras to film them while they're wasted? 

• Love 11
On 4/29/2016 at 8:07 AM, mwell345 said:

In general, I get that Bethenny (as she and others have said) realizes she is on a reality show and doesn't filter herself.  She was the same in her earlier seasons, but at that time she seemed to be the Greek Chorus of the show - many times she articulated what many viewers were thinking.   She was very popular her first couple of seasons, so it worked.  But it worked because she was truly part of ensemble show.  That's the thing that's missing now.  Now we're subject to a show that revolves around Bethenny's opinions about everyone and everything and it's not working because she comes across as nasty and rude.

I think it's more than that. I thought the flashback to Alex and Simon's house was very telling. In that clip, Bethenny made a snarky joke about the floor (something like, "I love what you've done with it!"). It was shady, it was calling out the obvious, it was funny and yet Alex could participate in the joke with her. By contrast, I think if it were "Bethenny of Today" showing up to Alex's house, it wouldn't be a sly, shady joke. She would be in Alex's face, rat-a-tatting away, "How much is this costing? Why are you sinking so much money into a Brooklyn brownstone? This is going to be like the money pit, etc." Something has shifted in her. What used to be a wry, knowing joke has become know-it-all lectures.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, filmfan2480 said:

I miss Heather :(

I'd have loved to see what she would have thought about all this concerning Dorinda/John/Bethenny (know it all)/Carole (her good friend behaving poorly).

They had to get rid of Heather so Carole could be Bethany's tampon. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, filmfan2480 said:

I miss Heather :(

I'd have loved to see what she would have thought about all this concerning Dorinda/John/Bethenny (know it all)/Carole (her good friend behaving poorly).

I miss her as well, Heather liked John and always supported him/Dorinda as a couple even when Dorinda got so ugly to her. I don't think Carole would be up Bethenny's butt if Heather were still around. Carole seems to adapt what ever personality her "bestie" on the show has and even though Heather could get a bit crazy/angry, she never acted like she was above any of the others like Bethenny does. Sometimes I think Bethenny loves to hurt/embarrass the others for sheer enjoyment and it appears that Carole is along for the ride.

• Love 7

I don't have much to add, but I enjoyed the episode even though it seemed disjointed.  Ramona leaving early and LuAnn arriving late.  Lu looked like a dork with the hoola hoop.

I don't blame Carole for being upset with Lu.  Carole was obviously very hurt.  

The BBQ looked great and I'm going to give Beth a break.  John should never have attended the BBQ and Dorinda can miss me with her tears.  What did she expect?

i did love Beth and Carole's conversation in the car on the way to brunch.  I want Beth's car...I'm researching it tonight.

I miss Heather!!!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Why pay for what she can get for free. Right now, Bravo is paying her $1 million a season so that she can air the equivalent of anywhere from 1 - 6 Skinny Girl 30 second spots that reach 1.2 million eyeballs. Plus her in show ads don't have the same problems that other advertising faces because Bethenny's Skinny Girl ads can't be cut when it's streamed. I don't know what the ad rates are for Bravo, but for some of the CW shows with the worst viewership the ad rates are about $20,000/30 second spot. Assuming we see at least 60 seconds of Skinny Girl a week, Bethenny is getting $800,000 of free advertising per season. Plus Bravo has an audience that is one of the highest educated with the most disposable income of any network, so it's possible that the ad rates for RHoNY are higher.

Bethenny has managed quite a coup. She gets paid a million a year, gets a million dollars worth of free advertising, and she doesn't have to participate in the revenue sharing that subsequent wives have been subject to.

I wonder if Andy has any stock in this company......

Eileen Davidson gets almost a million a yr. and NeNe Leakes was lured back for 2.5 reportedly. I would be interested to see what Lisa Vanderpump makes and what her q rating is compared to BF.

my comment above was mocking Bethenny's crude quips and outdated pop culture references and tie backs. I do think Beth had some influence in Heather leaving and its curious at that pt the girls became BFF. 

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, stcroix said:

I wonder if Andy has any stock in this company.....

Doesn't Bravo get a set percentage of any business a Housewife spins off of the show?  I always figured that was why he had the women on to perform their songs on WWHL.

To me, Carole is worse than Bethanny.  Beth just spews her bitter shit everywhere, uncontrollable, compulsively, alienating everyone from her ex-husband to the RHoBH to Martha Stewart, sometimes to her own extreme detriment.  Bethanny hurts no one more than she hurts herself and she knows it.  Carole consistently punches down.  The new girl, the HW without a contract, the guy Bethanny doesn't like are all easy targets.  She wouldn't dare step to Ramona, Bethanny or Dorinda.

• Love 4
On 4/30/2016 at 2:56 PM, WireWrap said:

I agree, Heather/Carole were equals and more like real life friends which made Carole more likeable and she is coming off as shallow/mean with Bethenny, it is like she has morphed into a Bethenny II. In her blog, Carole says that Luann kept up the name calling/shaming/ugliness on twitter until a week before filming began for this season and that is why she is still upset with her on camera. I think had Luann stopped the twitter attacks against Carole after the reunion was filmed, things would have calmed down between them by now but Luann would just not let go.

That's the thing with a follower like Carole. It seemed like her friendship with Heather was that of equals, well that's because Heather treated the friendship as such. Carole was a reflection of who she was hanging out with and since Heather was pretty even keeled so was Carole HOWEVER go back to last season and see Carole in random scenes outside of Heather and pay attention. Those are the pieces that stood out to me. The way she dealt with conflict in general and conflicted that involved her. From the moment she showed up 4 seasons ago she's had a nasty air to her. Being friends with Heather sort of gave her a good cover cause if you really watch the way she handled most things while filming she usually came across as pretty stank and superior.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I think it's more than that. I thought the flashback to Alex and Simon's house was very telling. In that clip, Bethenny made a snarky joke about the floor (something like, "I love what you've done with it!"). It was shady, it was calling out the obvious, it was funny and yet Alex could participate in the joke with her. By contrast, I think if it were "Bethenny of Today" showing up to Alex's house, it wouldn't be a sly, shady joke. She would be in Alex's face, rat-a-tatting away, "How much is this costing? Why are you sinking so much money into a Brooklyn brownstone? This is going to be like the money pit, etc." Something has shifted in her. What used to be a wry, knowing joke has become know-it-all lectures.

I think it's her way of reminding people of what a smart, successful businesswoman she is so it must mean she always knows what she's talking about. I think in her mind she feels that she's helping people by throwing questions at them and sharing unsolicited opinions but it's easy to see why others will take it the wrong way when her attempt at helping others is done in a manner that somehow makes it all about her.

She has no awareness that the world doesn't revolve around her kinds of problems and circumstances. What influences her decisions may not be the same factors that influence someone else's. She was living in a hotel prior to her home renovation. Of course you'd want to have your home done as soon as possible so that you can give yourself and your daughter a home to make roots in. Why is that the same as Jules and her family deciding to do a 7 year renovation project on a home that isn't even their primary home? They are not temporarily homeless because of it. Maybe they want things to be just right and are willing to take the time to make the decisions they know they won't regret. Maybe they want to spread out the expenses involved. You're not going to know all of that about someone you just met. So when you go into her home, take a quick tour, get a feel for what their vision is and say 'wow, 7 years is a really long time but I'm sure you guys will love it when it's finished'. There are people millions time over more rich than she is and they managed even before there was the "Bethenny's Guide to Success and Riches".

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

That's the thing with a follower like Carole. It seemed like her friendship with Heather was that of equals, well that's because Heather treated the friendship as such. Carole was a reflection of who she was hanging out with and since Heather was pretty even keeled so was Carole HOWEVER go back to last season and see Carole in random scenes outside of Heather and pay attention. Those are the pieces that stood out to me. The way she dealt with conflict in general and conflicted that involved her. From the moment she showed up 4 seasons ago she's had a nasty air to her. Being friends with Heather sort of gave her a good cover cause if you really watch the way she handled most things while filming she usually came across as pretty stank and superior.

In reality, they all get nasty, they all have an air about them, it is part and parcel of being a HW and keeping their jobs and Carole is no exception. I do think Heather was more "even keeled" as you say but even she had her moments and I liked her.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, Umbelina said:

Ramona and her Pinot Grigio, 

Apologies if this has already been covered ( I missed some comments that came in  during the upgrade) but was the label on the crate of grape Ramoaner was lugging into the BBQ blurred out? 

15 hours ago, MaryTylerMoore said:

Bethenny is an asshole.

An immense asshole.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, shoegal said:

So just being bitchy and nasty every time she's around LuAnn is a better solution? It would be one thing if Carole is just trying to keep her distance cause she's still raw about whatever but she's not just keeping her distance she's still throwing out nasty shit. And this point Carole is the one continuing the conflict. Making nasty comments and being completely <cough> confrontational <cough> if you could say that cause she's saying all this shit via blog, twitter, whispering in Beth's ear doesn't really put anything to rest now does it. I get that in Carole's mind Lu owes her something but darting around the season taking shots at Lu isn't justified just because Lu isn't giving you whatever apology you want. Now if Lu starts up again with her little comments that would be something else but at this point all Carole is doing is being the aggressor by being so dramatic about the whole thing. Again if Carole is still sore about it fine but I don't think being butt hurt about the mean things big ole Lu said about her relationship with Adam means that its A Okay for Carole to just randomly target Lu with ugly shit whenever she's around her. I mean what the hell does that do? Then we will have Lu get defensive and then they are off and running again with the name calling and shaming and really?

This is the thing about Carole and her Peter Pan syndrome. Grown ups try to move on. Immature twats try to keep the conflict up and running so they have reason to keep going on the attack. Carole reeks of someone trying to keep a feud alive just because she's not done being mean. That's what it seems like to me. "Oh, I'm not done being mad at Lu and therefore I want to make sure I remind everyone about what Lu's offenses have been because I'm not done being mean to her for what she said about my relationship with Adam". Hey be mad but at some point it just becomes a very bad look to continue harping and attacking based on an offense that's a year old. And in Carole's case she can't afford any more bad looks. As it stands now I'm surprised her bathroom mirror isn't warped from all of the abuse it takes on a daily basis. Wouldn't be surprised if Carole's house is littered with fun house mirrors.

• Love 5
(edited)

Bethenny and Jules   have their moments on twitter.  Why would Bethenny assume her house has a greater quality than Jules?  Not seeing it.  Interesting they are down to timing a trip to the store. http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/05/02/bethenny-frankel-jules-wainstein-continue-go-social-media-jules-defends-home-eating-habits/

I kind of wish Jules would have just served a big bucket of kimchee.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, NeelyOh said:

Re the "slut-shaming"--I guess I see it more as highlighting Luann's hypocrisy. While Luann is clutching her pearls and suggesting that there is something shameful with Carol dating a much younger man, she has lots of one-night stands, sleeps with married men, cheated on her husband, etc. Carol and all the others knew these things about Luann and didn't care. It wasn't until Luann started with the girl code baloney and trying to make Carol look bad for dating a young guy that Carol started calling her out on being a hypocrite. But I agree that all the mudslinging makes them both look really bad. 

I agree with an earlier post about John wanting the publicity but these shows have been on long enough for people to know that they're taking their chances with their own reputations by signing up so I don't really feel sorry for him. And what business person concerned about their reputations would provide so many opportunities for the cameras to film them while they're wasted? 

But wasn't the first time we ever saw LuAnn make such an observation about age was with Carole and Adam? I don't recall LuAnn ever taking issue with the age of anyone one of the wives were dating. I could be wrong but I believe this was Lu first instance of even mentioning age in this regard. Which leads me to believe that Lu was grasping at straws when trying to explain her issues with Carole and tried to grab at something more generic cause she didn't really want to get into what was really at the heart of the matter. I don't ever recall Lu expressing disapproval over age up until that instance. I know Lu fucked up royally but I have to say throughout the whole ordeal I could see straight away that Lu was UBER uncomfortable with the whole think between it being her nieces ex, that the pairing happened in her home, that it was one of her own collegues/friends/associate whatever. No once did I think Lu was being nasty just to be nasty. Every piece of footage I saw of Lu when it pertained to this topic she seemed somewhat flustered and not as composed as I'm used to seeing her. To me it was obvious something just wasn't sitting well with her. I think she was struggling between manuevering through the awkwardness, getting used to the idea and trying not to react too badly to her friend even though it was more sensitive to her than people understood it to be.

I think Lu grabbed at the age thing cause it was a superficial detail. Look, Lu knew she really didn't have a leg to stand on (technically cause in my book she did) so Lu took something general to take offense with and maybe let it be a dig that would maybe open the door to a conversation then leave it at that. I think Lu was trying to find a vehicle she could use to let her displeasure known without assigning anything too deep to it. When that turned into a big messy mess she started fumbling about and letting more of her position on the issue known and then it really got messy. I wholeheartedly believe that Lu never wanted it to get as ugly as it did but, and I know this isn't popular opinion, had Carole not be as defensive as she was and as dismissive as she was straight out the gate it probably wouldn't have turned into what we have now. You could tell throughout the season that Lu was trying to keep it light but she couldn't manage it and had her petty moments. Now this is where I think that she needed a bit of support from Carole to pull it off and not take it there. I think Lu was hoping for Carole to step in level with her and acknowledge/recognize the situation for what it is then move on from it.  I have no doubt that had Carole been more sincere and understanding about the sensitivity over the issue Lu would have waved it off and let it go been satisfied with that small gesture and made the best of it but instead we see Carole retaliate almost instantly without any type of reflection or awareness. After that Lu's disappointment in it all morphed into the war that played out last season. It could have been put to bed way before now. As it is it seems that Carole is suffering from insomnia since it doesn't seem like she's planning on letting the subject rest AT ALL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

So just being bitchy and nasty every time she's around LuAnn is a better solution? It would be one thing if Carole is just trying to keep her distance cause she's still raw about whatever but she's not just keeping her distance she's still throwing out nasty shit. And this point Carole is the one continuing the conflict. Making nasty comments and being completely <cough> confrontational <cough> if you could say that cause she's saying all this shit via blog, twitter, whispering in Beth's ear doesn't really put anything to rest now does it. I get that in Carole's mind Lu owes her something but darting around the season taking shots at Lu isn't justified just because Lu isn't giving you whatever apology you want. Now if Lu starts up again with her little comments that would be something else but at this point all Carole is doing is being the aggressor by being so dramatic about the whole thing. Again if Carole is still sore about it fine but I don't think being butt hurt about the mean things big ole Lu said about her relationship with Adam means that its A Okay for Carole to just randomly target Lu with ugly shit whenever she's around her. I mean what the hell does that do? Then we will have Lu get defensive and then they are off and running again with the name calling and shaming and really?

This is the thing about Carole and her Peter Pan syndrome. Grown ups try to move on. Immature twats try to keep the conflict up and running so they have reason to keep going on the attack. Carole reeks of someone trying to keep a feud alive just because she's not done being mean. That's what it seems like to me. "Oh, I'm not done being mad at Lu and therefore I want to make sure I remind everyone about what Lu's offenses have been because I'm not done being mean to her for what she said about my relationship with Adam". Hey be mad but at some point it just becomes a very bad look to continue harping and attacking based on an offense that's a year old. And in Carole's case she can't afford any more bad looks. As it stands now I'm surprised her bathroom mirror isn't warped from all of the abuse it takes on a daily basis. Wouldn't be surprised if Carole's house is littered with fun house mirrors.

Carole is just trying to keep her distance, she greeted LuAnn upon her arrival and then kept a polite distance.  LuAnn pushed it and didn't like what she got in return.  If LuAnn were a decent person, she would have started with an apology, and if she cared about Carole as a friend, she would have tried to get in contact with her in the eight months between filming and apologized her atrocious behavior.  LuAnn had plenty of time to make things right with Carole but she was only interested in "moving on" when the cameras started rolling.  In my world, grown ups apologize for their behavior.  Immature twats think you should get over it and "move on" because they have.  Carole is clearly still hurt over the way LuAnn treated her, and I understand why....that hurt doesn't just go away because LuAnn has "moved on".  If LuAnn doesn't like it, I say tough shit.  You reap what you sow.

• Love 6
(edited)

I have found Carole's comments about LuAnn's sexual prowess and then accusing the others of misogyny very conflicting.  Much like other people's money maybe Carole needs to back off on how many men LuAnn has in her life or if they go to breakfast in the morning.

Agreed. Carole has a real mean streak. I thought it was quite a low blow when she said the men in LuAnn's life usually don't stay for breakfast. That's not exactly a sex positive progressive stance. Also, while I admit it was/is a funny joke that I laughed at, the moment a few seasons ago when she said, paraphrased, that she heard two male voices and one was Lu's, was not very kind and again not indicative of the culturally tuned in persona she thinks she has. 

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny and Jules   have their moments on twitter.  Why would Bethenny assume her house has a greater quality than Jules?  Not seeing it.  Interesting they are down to timing a trip to the store. http://www.allabouttrh.com/2016/05/02/bethenny-frankel-jules-wainstein-continue-go-social-media-jules-defends-home-eating-habits/

I kind of wish Jules would have just served a big bucket of kimchee.

Honestly, wtf is wrong with Bethenny this year? She is going in on Jules for absolutely no reason. So their renovation got out of control, who cares? Is Bethenny offering to be their contractor now? Does she just not know how to avoid saying "I did this better" to literally everyone she ever meets? Why is she even paying legal bills, she probably understands the law better than her high-priced firm. Who needs doctors, she can self-diagnose better than Harvard MD's. How can anyone like this woman right now?

• Love 13

I am curious what is behind Carole and Bethenny carping on Jules weight?  I can't imagine that discussing her weight and eating habits is a positive approach if she suffers from an eating disorder.  One of the saddest statements I have heard from a RH is Bethenny claiming that Jules is so thin people are uncomfortable around her.  What if someone said that about her jawline, or Carole's face or Ramona's eyes (oh wait they do say stuff about Ramona's eyes that now look very surgically enhanced).  It reminded me of when people talked about Kelly's xiphoid process as if she was carrying an alien under her skin.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, shoegal said:

Carole is just trying to keep her distance, she greeted LuAnn upon her arrival and then kept a polite distance.  LuAnn pushed it and didn't like what she got in return.  If LuAnn were a decent person, she would have started with an apology, and if she cared about Carole as a friend, she would have tried to get in contact with her in the eight months between filming and apologized her atrocious behavior.  LuAnn had plenty of time to make things right with Carole but she was only interested in "moving on" when the cameras started rolling.  In my world, grown ups apologize for their behavior.  Immature twats think you should get over it and "move on" because they have.  Carole is clearly still hurt over the way LuAnn treated her, and I understand why....that hurt doesn't just go away because LuAnn has "moved on".  If LuAnn doesn't like it, I say tough shit.  You reap what you sow.

But see Carole didn't give two shits about whether anyone was feeling a certain kinda way about Adam but "Carole is clearly still hurt"?  Okay.

• Love 3
On ‎2016‎/‎04‎/‎28 at 10:21 AM, islandgal140 said:

Just when you think Bethenny can’t possibly get any worse as a person she just pole vaults over the high bar like she was wearing a jet pack. What a rude, miserable, petty, self involved nasty piece of work. She has always claimed to have been raised by wolves but I wish the wolves of the world would unite to sue her ass.  Hell, there are instances where even a wolf can be tamed and domesticated. Nastiness is too hard wired in Bethenny for that. I say she is more alligator or shark basically  instinctually unchanged as evolved from their prehistoric forefathers.

Honestly! However, it seems to me that she is neither an alligator or a shark because that is unkind to alligators or sharks. She is an asshole.

• Love 5

Add me to the list of people tired of week after week of Bethenny and her Backup Dancers.

I do appreciate that she can take a situation like John's and summarize it immediately: John got aggressive because he was probably snorting coke. She doesn't like him but will be cordial for Dorinda. She is not claiming to have been scared for her life and trying to campaign that John must admit he was using. 

Lisa Rinna would have called the National Guard. 

• Love 4

To the person upthread who wondered why Sonja wasn't at the bbq - in the preview for this week Sonja tells another cast member (probably Ramona, I tend to block her out) that it's a shame she missed the bbq but she was visiting with her daughter. Then Probably Ramona looks at Sonja like she's crazy and says Sonja wasn't there because Sonja wasn't invited. Sonja of course is surprised to hear that. It must be interesting to be Sonja...

Did anyone else catch what Jules was telling some people at the bbq about "breaking the seal" and going through all the bathrooms in the house? Did she bust a toilet and take an unauthorized br tour of Bethenny's place?

• Love 3

Someone please correct if my memory doesn't serve.   That awkward moment at somebody's party when Carole and Lu acknowledge the elephant in the room was what I thought the extent of the discomfort was going to be.  The downturn which began as a whole mill and became a mountain came when LuAnn did not get the apology she was expecting.  Carole said (paraphrasing) I'm sorry we haven't had a chance to talk about it, I thought I'd see you before now.  When what Lu thought she was entitled to was: I'm sorry that my seeing Adam is making you uncomfortable.   The idea that she isn't a grudgeholder is laughable when this entire war on Carole began because she didn't hear what she thought she should've rightfully received.

18 hours ago, NeelyOh said:

All these words.  Yeah the one holding up the cradle robber sign had a boyfriend 10 years her junior, whom she cheated on...on camera....with a man whom she knew was the boyfriend of the woman hostessing them in the restaurant where they met.   And tried to cover it up, speaking on a hot mic in said boyfriend's native tongue.  I gots zero problems with a woman being sexually free.  Hey, get yours, but if the woman trying to hold me to some moral high ground is also a cheating, indiscriminate dick hound who doesn't give a damn if either person in the room is in a relationship and proceeds to shit talk with my name in her mouth about an apology I still don't owe her, there isn't gonna be a bigger person.  Each time she tried it, I'd tell the world her cooter has a traffic light.   Can we be friends?  Bitch, why?

Ugh, this format.  It's like new Coke.

• Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I think it's her way of reminding people of what a smart, successful businesswoman she is so it must mean she always knows what she's talking about. I think in her mind she feels that she's helping people by throwing questions at them and sharing unsolicited opinions but it's easy to see why others will take it the wrong way when her attempt at helping others is done in a manner that somehow makes it all about her.

She has no awareness that the world doesn't revolve around her kinds of problems and circumstances. What influences her decisions may not be the same factors that influence someone else's. She was living in a hotel prior to her home renovation. Of course you'd want to have your home done as soon as possible so that you can give yourself and your daughter a home to make roots in. Why is that the same as Jules and her family deciding to do a 7 year renovation project on a home that isn't even their primary home? They are not temporarily homeless because of it. Maybe they want things to be just right and are willing to take the time to make the decisions they know they won't regret. Maybe they want to spread out the expenses involved. You're not going to know all of that about someone you just met. So when you go into her home, take a quick tour, get a feel for what their vision is and say 'wow, 7 years is a really long time but I'm sure you guys will love it when it's finished'. There are people millions time over more rich than she is and they managed even before there was the "Bethenny's Guide to Success and Riches".

AND, she has no idea what Jules and her husband paid for the house, nor what they are actually spending on renovations, nor what the housing prices are in that area.  So to say they won't get their money out of house is just making shit up.  Also, that house did not look like a "McMansion" at all, it seemed very nice (and low-key) from the front.  Very different from Bethenny's bright red gates screaming "look at me, buy SK********L" products!  [I've decided I don't want to give her any more publicity by spelling out the company name).

Considering Bethenny is about "quality" not "quantity", apparently at 3300sft her house/grounds aren't big enough for what she wants to do.  Because it was all kinds of odd that the drinks were in the front of the house, but the seating area was in the back, and it looked like the food was on the side.  Heck, isn't her "bar" in the back?  Why have drinks up front?  Made no sense to me.

I'll go with both Lu and Carole are in the wrong in the ongoing feud.  I do think Lu had a reason to be upset about Carole dating her niece's ex-boyfriend, and an over 20 year age gap is pretty large (and way more than between Lu and Jacques).  But at some point she needed to let it go.  Twentysomethings have relationships that end, if her niece was blindsided (which she may not have been depending on whose story you believe), she still needed to at some point pick herself back up and get over it. Carole on the other hand, has no business bringing up things that have nothing to do with the situation.  La wasn't claiming Carole shouldn't be having sex outside marriage, never seems to have mentioned pedophiles, etc.  For Carole to now claim that Lu cheated on her husband, dated younger guys, had one night stands, whatever, isn't legitimately in response to what Lu claimed about her.  And for once can someone decide whether Lu had an "open" marriage or not?  Because If YES, then she didn't cheat on the Count.

Lu "moving on" may be a sign that she has shallow relationships, and if true then her friends just need to take that level of friendship into account.  Carole can decide to not be friends in the future, but running away from Lu at parties is childish and painful for everyone around her.  And I just went to her twitter account -- to claim that re-tweeting negative things isn't being negative but the classy thing to do to support fans is just stupid. 

Edited by Mrs peel
adding new topics
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

So just being bitchy and nasty every time she's around LuAnn is a better solution? It would be one thing if Carole is just trying to keep her distance cause she's still raw about whatever but she's not just keeping her distance she's still throwing out nasty shit. And this point Carole is the one continuing the conflict.

I saw it completely differently. Carol WAS trying to keep her distance from LuAnn. Lu even told her, "You can't just keep avoiding me", to which Carole replied, "Actually, I can". It seemed Carol was quite content to stay clear of Lu at events, and Lu was the one pressing the issue. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Someone please correct if my memory doesn't serve.   That awkward moment at somebody's party when Carole and Lu acknowledge the elephant in the room was what I thought the extent of the discomfort was going to be.  The downturn which began as a whole mill and became a mountain came when LuAnn did not get the apology she was expecting.  Carole said (paraphrasing) I'm sorry we haven't had a chance to talk about it, I thought I'd see you before now.  When what Lu thought she was entitled to was: I'm sorry that my seeing Adam is making you uncomfortable.   The idea that she isn't a grudgeholder is laughable when this entire war on Carole began because she didn't hear what she thought she should've rightfully received.

All these words.  Yeah the one holding up the cradle robber sign had a boyfriend 10 years her junior, whom she cheated on...on camera....with a man whom she knew was the boyfriend of the woman hostessing them in the restaurant where they met.   And tried to cover it up, speaking on a hot mic in said boyfriend's native tongue.  I gots zero problems with a woman being sexually free.  Hey, get yours, but if the woman trying to hold me to some moral high ground is also a cheating, indiscriminate dick hound who doesn't give a damn if either person in the room is in a relationship and proceeds to shit talk with my name in her mouth about an apology I still don't owe her, there isn't gonna be a bigger person.  Each time she tried it, I'd tell the world her cooter has a traffic light.   Can we be friends?  Bitch, why?

Love, love, love your screen name.  Total LHotP junkie.

I agree that it's the hypocrisy from LuAnn that people are getting fed up with.  There have been rumblings over the years about the difference between her Countess persona and "Lu."  At a point it becomes so blatant that I would feel like an idiot if I didn't point it out, so I don't blame Carole or Bethenny for going in on her. They may not be going about it in a way that shines a good light on them, but they might not care at this point. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Forgive me for quoting this entire post, but liking this wasn't enough.  I needed to let you know that I LOVE this.  (and I hate the new format, too. Sorry! I'm a truth cannon!)

• Love 5
(edited)

Jen you gotta go over to the LHotP boards, girl they will put our memories to shame, hear.  I wanna say I was a junkie too but since reading here, I realize I don't even come close.  Lol.   Anyway thanks!

lol Duke you made me giggle.  {curtsey}.

Trying to get used it but I can't.  You know when your mom gets a new phone?  yeah, that.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

AND, she has no idea what Jules and her husband paid for the house, nor what they are actually spending on renovations, nor what the housing prices are in that area.  So to say they won't get their money out of house is just making shit up.  Also, that house did not look like a "McMansion" at all, it seemed very nice (and low-key) from the front.  Very different from Bethenny's bright red gates screaming "look at me, buy SK********L" products!  [I've decided I don't want to give her any more publicity by spelling out the company name).

Bethenny mentioned the VanKempens house, to me the big difference is Jules Hamptons house is a second home.  I can only guess that with the kitchen completed that perhaps the bedrooms are completed?  Does that make Bethenny's house a McShack?  Here is a story about McMansion vs. Mansion.  https://chicagoagentmagazine.com/2012/05/04/mansion-vs-mcmansion/  I am kind of at a loss why it took Bethenny  so long to get from Bridgehampton to Watermill as it claims it is a seven minute ride.  Maybe exaggeration does not serve her well.  Here is an overview of home prices in the WaterMill area.  http://www.zillow.com/water-mill-ny/

Maybe Jules need to back off saying things like a seven year plan.  All that indicated to me is they are keeping the home for the long run.  Not everything is about resale value.  Not everyone gets off on claiming their decorator is TJMaxx.  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3162907/It-represents-peace-freedom-Bethenny-Frankel-love-new-T-J-Maxx-decorated-Hamptons-home.html

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, JenFromCincy said:

I agree that it's the hypocrisy from LuAnn that people are getting fed up with.  There have been rumblings over the years about the difference between her Countess persona and "Lu."  At a point it becomes so blatant that I would feel like an idiot if I didn't point it out, so I don't blame Carole or Bethenny for going in on her. They may not be going about it in a way that shines a good light on them, but they might not care at this point. 

I always thought Lu was a phony and have cultivated an active loathing of her.  However, I can't totally hate on her, not since the day when Sonja lost her mind and was speaking in tongues and went after Lu for buying big bags of "potato ships" at the grocery store.  See, I can get down with that Lu - love me some big bags of patato ships!! 

• Love 2