Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Ouroboros

• Start Topic

So glad we had multiple scenes of Madison looking pensive.  I would hate to waste her pensive face on scenes that moved the plot forward.

When Travis first went under the boat at night, I was rooting for the floater.

Hey, Salazar, when you babysit the kids, you’re supposed to watch them, not let the ramble off wherever the fuck they want to go so you can look at rosaries.  I keep rooting for the walkers/biters/sitters.  Plane scene?  Get him, zombie, get him!  Crab belly guy, get him!  Take a bite out of Nick. 

Of course Nick fell into the gully with crab guy.  He learned this skill from his mother.  Knowing that there are floaters around, she stands at the absolute edge of the back of the boat.  Please let one pull her in. 

Nick looked cleaner covered in blood than he has in a while.

Junky Nick knows every drug out there.  He is a master of pharmaceuticals. 

Here’s a hint for Madison and Travis.  Most people are dead.   If you break up you won’t be able to set up a Match.com profile to meet someone new.  So suck it up and learn to communicate.

• Love 18

Aww, man!  I didn't watch the web series, but I was kind of curious to see where they were going to go with the survivor, and how she might effect everyone else.  Instead, Strand cuts her loose.  You're letting me down, Strand!  I get more mouths to feed is an issue, and all your passengers so far have certainly been pain in the ass at one point or another (or several points, really), but at least have some kind of test to see if they could be useful.  She seemed capable enough.  I do understand the guy could be a problem, and I thought he was going to maybe let her on board, but try and force her to leave him behind, but nope.  No such luck.  Have a feeling he's going to regret that decision.  A mutiny is coming, I suspect.

And, wow, watching the Talking Dead, and I didn't realize that the actress is from New Zealand like Cliff Curtis.  And judging from her IMDB, she was on Xena too!  Curious to see which episodes they were.  But they seem to like casting from that area of the world.  Since New Zealand and Australia have a friendly rivalry, I wonder if Alycia Debnam-Carey was getting some playful jabs from Curtis and Michelle Ang in this episode.

Anyway, this probably my favorite episode so far, due to plenty of Walkers and even creative ones (crabs!), and it actually felt like things were happening.  Strand pissing people off more then normal!  Nick figures out that walker blood is a good camouflage!  Alicia kills walkers and is more vocal about standing up to Strand and her parents!  Chris has to do a mercy kill!  Daniel is learning to be responsible for people who aren't his blood!  Travis is showing his usefulness with maintenance!  Sure, there is still Madison trying to be bossy, but inefficient, and Ofelia just hangs around licking her wounds, until Nick shows up to hit on her covered with walker blood.  Still, progress! 

So, if Strand really does have a house in Baha that will protective, why is he on such a time-crunch?  Is there someone else there too, and will lock them out or something?  Did he know what was going to happen?  What is going on, here?

Never knew Daniel would briefly become the Lori of this show, but his comment about robbing from the dead being one of the worst things ever, reminded me of Lori's complaining about grave-robbing (and everyone on Team Dinner Bell hilariously just giving her look and just going back to it.)

• Love 3

And, wow, watching the Talking Dead, and I didn't realize that the actress is from New Zealand like Cliff Curtis.  And judging from her IMDB, she was on Xena too!  Curious to see which episodes they were. 

She was Akemi in the series finale. I will never forget her, lol. And every few years I stumble upon her in another show and she looks THE SAME, even though A Friend In Need aired in 2001. Great genes.

• Love 1

She was Akemi in the series finale. I will never forget her, lol. And every few years I stumble upon her in another show and she looks THE SAME, even though A Friend In Need aired in 2001. Great genes.

Oh, shit!  I remember her now!  And she really hasn't aged!

• Love 1

I'm still trying to give this show a chance, but it just isn't that good. I can't believe they went ashore picking through the luggage like they were shopping. everybody was being extremely selective. I kept expecting that they would hurl bags directly into the boat and shove off. That would have made a lot more sense.Seriously, the writers thought it made sense for some of this group to go ashore and sift through the luggage on the beach like they were at the mall on a Saturday afternoon.

As for the characters, I don't root for most of them, not just because they are boring, but they are whiny and ungrateful. Grant it, Strand is a special kind of guy- he seems like he lived above it all - a little high maintenance, but, the rest of those ingrates have the nerve to get on him because they feel they should decide things on his boat. Ok, so Salazar finds out the boat may not actually belong to Strand (or something last week), so that gives them the right to tell him how to operate the boat that he already had some relationship to even before the ZA started. So he's going to Mexico, and was wrong about San Diego; folks don't like it? folks can get in one of those lifeboats and leave. The antagonists on this show simply suck. I just don't understand why we had to side with them. Most of them have zero redeeming qualities and barely have anything interesting to say or contribute.

I hate Alicia, she's whiny. I hate Madison, she's so entitled. I hate Travis, he's moronic. I hate Salazar; he's a prick. Ofelia is annoying in the scenes shes in, and when she's not on camera, she is forgettable. I only like Nick, because the actor at least sells it. When he was in the pit with the crabs and the walker, he at least telegraphed shock and fear;  Chris, I like because his character seems to be adapting - at least he understood the difference between a walker kill and killing a living person - it was clear he understood he had to  put the living passenger out of his misery. Strand, I'm tolerating. If I forgot anyone, then they just don't register to me. Wow, that was cathartic. 

This show was to tide me over until he parent show returns, but I don't know if I can deal with these terrible characters. If by the end of the season they kill off most and just leave Chris, Nick, the teen from last week, the chick from the plane, possibly Strand, and one or two new non-asshole characters, I think the show could be ok. I can't believe Kirkman and co think Madison is supposed to be the everywoman... she sucks - both the actress and the character.

• Love 7

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I really liked this episode. My only complaint is that the Asian woman didn't say she was a doctor. I realize it's probably because they're going to need her later, but it looked stupid for her not to try and make herself valuable.

TWD video game has you make choices that affect you down the line--generally if you make an immoral decision it comes back to haunt you. I think that happened tonight.

• Love 4

Per the entire episode :

➡ My major thought while The 'Mad(dy)hatters' were on land was "I really hope that they don't have to leave behind all that swag from those bags and cases."

➡ I really wished 'Doc' and patient had not LITERALLY been 'cut off'.

➡Mayhap, Madison is some sorta advanced zombie, and that's the reason she can't move her face.

• Love 3

The whole "lets search luggage for supplies" set up was just frustrating to watch. "Mom, we'll totally be responsible and careful and stuff. C'mon! We're grown ass teenagers!" And that lasted all of 5 minutes. So, instead of searching for food/medicine/water/clothing, they play dress up, slowly amble thru the wreckage, wander solo to practice braining walkers, philosophize about wearing dead peoples clothes, and gawk at rosary beads. Sheesh! I was SO hoping that one or more of these emo kids would get bitten.

If they want to search the luggage, why did they ignore all the bags they passed while settling on a spot. I couldn't believe how lazily they searched the bags. 

Why would Alicia hand Nick a filthy white shirt to wear? 

Why would Daniel waste bullets on walkers still a good distance away.  The choreography of the zombie fight was comical.

I really hate how both shows are using material not in the show itself to develop characters and generate suspense for those who watch/read that stuff to the detriment of those who didn't.

First, it was a half season of suspense generated by the impending arrival of Negan. Now it's the woman in this episode. I know she was in the shorts, but I didn't watch them so I have no idea about all of the qualities that people are writing about here. While I don't agree with Strand cutting her loose, to me she is closer to another mouth to feed than someone who is a potentially valuable ally described here.

I don't know why people are excited about this character. All she did was cut her eyes at everyone and not answer when spoken to aka Madison. Her acting on this show really has no relation to her strange acting on the flight series.

That bedroom scene with Madison and Travis was very uncomfortable. She glared at him, he seemed to crumple under her stare then they tried to get busy and it seemed the actors hated the interaction. Hope we never have to witness that again.

I guess from her non response to Strand, Madison is a murderer, but I still don't care.

• Love 8

Uugh. That 'romantic' bedroom scene betwixt Maddy and Travis...as she complacently mouth-breathed into his face and he, hesitantly and ineptly, attempted a rousing good time.

I agree that considering Maddy to be a possible murderer did not initiate my curiosity at all. Not at all.

At least we know the teens are tidy as they sifted, folded, and calmly perused with discernment while landlubbing despite the anxious frantic semi-planning prior while still aboard..

• Love 5

It's like AMC was like "Hey, what if ABC Family did a heartwarming family drama about zombies, like that shitty PLL spinoff Ravenswood, only with even more teen drama and even less coherence?" and then someone was like HOLY SHIT YESSSSSS LET'S DO THIS and they actually did it, for the lulz. Only the lulz aren't very lulzy, and the zombies aren't very zombie, and the show isn't good at all.

I can't wait to see the ratings against Game of Thrones. Like I CANNOT WAIT. Because these assholes clearly think they can just throw anything they want in this timeslot and everyone and their mother will watch it, but, um, no. The mothership has pissed enough people off over the last two half seasons with its various shenanigans that I cannot imagine this big fat bowl of unflavored instant oatmeal keeping the GoT-viewing chunk of audience around if they have to make the choice.

• Love 13

Uugh. That 'romantic' bedroom scene betwixt Maddy and Travis...as she complacently mouth-breathed into his face and he, hesitantly and ineptly, attempted a rousing good time.

There's no way they did a chemistry test between Kim Dickens and Cliff Curtis. I can't remember two actors playing a couple having less chemistry than these two. And since the blended family aspect is suppose to be the center of the show, it's really troublesome. 

In fact, I think lack of chemistry is a big problem with the entire cast. I like the actors individually well enough but nobody seems to mesh together. Curtis and Dickens don't have romantic chemistry. They trying for Alicia/Chris and Nick/Ofelia and it's not just there. Maddy, Nick, and Alicia don't feel like family members. Neither do Daniel or Ofelia. Everyone feels disjointed. The only two actors who have some sort of chemistry are Frank Dillane and Alycia Debnam-Carey and it's of the, "inappropriate for siblings," variety. 

• Love 10

Okay, sorry if I got this wrong, but there was a moment when Nick was by himself looking through the luggage, and he found several small boxes that he seemed happy to take. I think they might have been condoms? I didn't think they were pills, because I don't think he would be care about Advil.

Okay, sorry if I got this wrong, but there was a moment when Nick was by himself looking through the luggage, and he found several small boxes that he seemed happy to take. I think they might have been condoms? I didn't think they were pills, because I don't think he would be care about Advil.

If so, at least someone is thinking ahead in the damn apocalypse. Ain't nobody got time for Nick's Bisquick.

• Love 7
So glad we had multiple scenes of Madison looking pensive.  I would hate to waste her pensive face on scenes that moved the plot forward.

Hey now! She actually made one non-pensive facial expression last night! When Strand said, "Looks like your man made the choice for your" (or whatever), she whipped around on him and gave him a nasty death stare. Fuming mad is a nice change from pensive and pondering, amiright?

Nick looked cleaner covered in blood than he has in a while.

It made me so hopeful that he would finally be motivated to bathe. Despite his romp in the ocean, he still looks as greasy as I ever. I literally cringed when he put that sun hat on HIS head, before putting it on his sister. Yikes. 

Here’s a hint for Madison and Travis.  Most people are dead.   If you break up you won’t be able to set up a Match.com profile to meet someone new.  So suck it up and learn to communicate.

I really REALLY don't care about people who have the time to sit there and ponder "where is this going" is the midst of the world falling apart. 

Alicia kills walkers and is more vocal about standing up to Strand and her parents!

Alicia screaming at them about the burned guy in the raft was about the only dramatic moment of this show I've taken seriously. The young lady really nailed it. 

• Love 2

I didn't watch the plane episodes so I have no idea who Alex and the burned boy are but I already care about them more than any of the dimwits on the boat. Damn you Strand!

Could those idiots pillage and loot and slower on that beach? If you find a medical bag full of supplies you grab the whole bag and sort through it later. You don't pick and choose what meds to take, you take them all you morons! You may not need blood pressure medicine or insulin now but it might be extremely valuable later. These people know nothing about survival.

I keep hoping everyone will die and that's not a good sign for this show. I was rooting for the zombie with the crabs to bite Nick and I really want Chris and Alicia taken down. It's probably never going to happen though.

And they all brought their own empty luggage to a beach chock full of luggage...why? I would have hurried out there and grabbed bags of stuff, immediately tossing it in the raft/boat. They dropped their bags of stuff on the beach and then got distracted in playing dress up or looking for emo-Chris or whatever. Did they even bring anything back with them? 

• Love 3

During the beach scene I kept thinking about a friend's father who would roll down the window and bellow, "TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!" when people weren't moving when they should.  So yeah kids, feel free to roam around casually looking through things.  No need for speed. 

• Love 3

The events of flight 462 have me completely flummoxed. At the end of that annoying 1 minute miniseries we see the plane warbling along like a wounded duck, so how did Alex and the other survivors in the raft wind up in the water while parts of the fuselage and a bunch of the passengers ended up on the island? Did it break up in mid-air and if so, wouldn't they all be dead in the water after falling a few thousand feet? A busted window isn't enough to make a plane fall apart in the sky. This is just the kind of inept storytelling AMC pulls with these shows and it's annoying. Even worse was Alex not arguing in her own defense to stay on the yacht. Is it so important to keep her mysterious that the character can't make a case for her own survival? Is she a doctor, a baker or a candlestick maker? It was ridiculous for her to be silent as Strand prepared to kick her and the wounded kid back into the water. Oh, and where did that yellow life raft come from at the end? After all, she ran over a ridge to Daniel so she was on the island. Did they go back for a crappy little life raft? It's all so stupid and haphazard.

Edited by RustbeltWriter
  • Love 12

^^^^Good post, Rustbeltwriter. Yes, where was the poor burned kid while Alex was roaming the dunes? Was he left on the raft somewhere out of sight?  I guess you're supposed to suspend all manner of logic when watching this mess. I find myself puzzled and frustrated much of the time, not a good feeling while watching a TV show.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 4

If so, at least someone is thinking ahead in the damn apocalypse. Ain't nobody got time for Nick's Bisquick.

It would be about time someone made good life choices in the apocalypse! Nick knows that being impregnated with his greasy haired spawn is the worst thing that could happen to poor Ofelia.

It was Amoxicillin. It was written on the side of the box.

Thank you, that makes sense! Either way, he showed concern for Ofelia's health and safety, and I'm going to choose to believe that's sweet.

• Love 1

While I understand that there is a web series about Alex and Jake and Flight 462, I do not watch it. And it is my believe that the audience of this show (FTWD) do not need to go to outside materials to understand the context of the show. If TPTB thinks otherwise, maybe it is better for me and other viewers like me not be part of the audience any longer.

With that position, I think what Alex did was stupid and selfish and it served no purpose. Saving somebody who is clearly injured and incapacitated and dying and therefore can turn anytime over two healthy fellow passengers? Stupid.

And with that, I am firmly in Strand's camp. Who is she and what can she bring to the table? As far as he knows, she is just another mouth to feed, another mouth to be heard and her raft is just a drag to his boat. Not to mention that she wants to come aboard with a big baggage, a sick baggage that will take away resources scarce enough for anybody else.

As for Madison vs Strand, if Strand wants to go to Baja, who is she to say otherwise? She keeps on complaining without offering any real solutions. If not Baja, then where? As well, her threat to Strand is rich. Suppose that she is able to eliminate Strand, then what? Any of Manawa-Clark and Salazar families knows how to operate the boat? Any of them has any reasonable plan of what to go, how to get there and what to do once they get there?

• Love 11

I hate this show. I realize they are early on in the apocalypse but still, with all the urgency Strand has been exhibiting, in the scenario presented I think he would have insisted Daniel and Nick take the lifeboat, fill it up with luggage and come back, maybe do that once more and that's it. Nobody in their right mind would do what they did. It was completely absurd seeing them just wander around, casually opening this or that bag, pawing around in the contents, then just drifting away. Its like they were all just high as fuck without a care in the world. I really hate this show but for whatever reason it's easier to take than The Strain.

• Love 9

Woman runs by Daniel "Run!"

Daniel sees walkers. "Hmm, I have x rounds in my pistol. There are clearly more than x walkers headed my way. I could start shooting until I run out of bullets and they are literally at my throat. Or, since they are so slow, I could safely run away. I think I'll. . . "

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 17

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey Everyone. Heads Up!

If you already didn't know, the PTV forums are going to be upgraded Tuesday April 26th, starting around 8:00 am ET.

This means that the forums will be UNAVAILABLE most of the day Tuesday. You will not be able to access the forums.

If all goes well, the forums will be available again sometime Tuesday evening.

So don't panic! Grab a good book! Get some work done! Catch up on your news! Go for a walk! Watch a movie!

When you log on again, shiny new fantastically fast forums will await you!

Just giving you this messsage, in case some of you missed the announcement at the top of the site.

Cheers! HalcyonDays

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Love 4

The events of flight 462 have me completely flummoxed. At the end of that annoying 1 minute miniseries we see the plane warbling along like a wounded duck, so how did Alex and the other survivors in the raft wind up in the water while parts of the fuselage and a bunch of the passengers ended up on the island? Did it break up in mid-air and if so, wouldn't they all be dead in the water after falling a few thousand feet? A busted window isn't enough to make a plane fall apart in the sky. This is just the kind of inept storytelling AMC pulls with these shows and it's annoying. Even worse was Alex not arguing in her own defense to stay on the yacht. Is it so important to keep her mysterious that the character can't make a case for her own survival? Is she a doctor, a baker or a candlestick maker? It was ridiculous for her to be silent as Strand prepared to kick her and the wounded kid back into the water. Oh, and where did that yellow life raft come from at the end? After all, she ran over a ridge to Daniel so she was on the island. Did they go back for a crappy little life raft? It's all so stupid and haphazard.

I completely agree!. Alex should have told Strand that she has valuable knowledge & will be a useful part of the group.

I did not like the laissez faire attitude everyone had while going through the luggage on the island. They should take all the meds & any weapons. To his credit, Nick took a knife which came in handy when he battling the crabby zombie.

It would have made more sense to have the plane crash on the island & have Chris find Alex in the plane or nearby. The yellow raft makes no sense.

• Love 3

Leaving aside the question of the morality of Strand's actions, he's just not impressing me as all that smart. In his way, he's not understanding any better than the rest of the group that this is a ZA and everything that was once true is now over.

He can say it's his boat all he wants. It might even be true - I'm not 100% sure that he didn't just steal the boat of someone he knows, but, let's go with it.

So what? Before the ZA, he could have called the police and had the group forced off his boat and arrested for trespassing, whatever. But this is the ZA, and property rights aren't legally enforceable anymore. You're just hoping that people will have a basic sense of decency.

Strand is totally outnumbered on his boat. Pissing off various members of the group is not a good way to retain control of his boat. And by his failure to exhibit much sense of basic decency himself - I'm sure they all get that he didn't save them out of some sense of goodness, he saved them because he needs a crew because he really can't get that boat to Mexico himself (as this episode demonstrated). It's pure expediency on his part. And when people see you behave that way, they don't feel much obligation to treat you differently. Pre-ZA, again, it wouldn't matter because he would have the law on his side to enforce his ownership. But in the ZA? If he doesn't get smarter about how he handles the rest of the group, he's going to find himself tied up in a chair yelling "It's my boat!" for all the good that it'll do. (And he'll be lucky if Salazar doesn't have a go at him while he's tied up.) Basically the only reason that hasn't happened yet is because it's still early days of the ZA and people are still somewhat adhering to old ideas of civilization, but he's godawful at handling people.

What he did to Alex, morality aside, was so stupidly unnecessary. He had gotten what he really needed, they kept Alex and Jake off his boat. Madison was basically on his side, pushing for the group to support his expedition to Mexico even though it's pretty easy to feel that there's something extremely dubious going on with his plan that may not work out very well for them. But with one chop of the rope he alienated his one semi-ally and makes everyone else trust him even less. The group would rather be in control anyway, rather than a stranger like Strand, that's just human nature, so it's not going to take that much for them to decide on a mutiny. There is like no risk to them to mutiny because he is so heavily outnumbered. He is handling this terribly.

• Love 9

I hate this show. I realize they are early on in the apocalypse but still, with all the urgency Strand has been exhibiting, in the scenario presented I think he would have insisted Daniel and Nick take the lifeboat, fill it up with luggage and come back, maybe do that once more and that's it. Nobody in their right mind would do what they did. It was completely absurd seeing them just wander around, casually opening this or that bag, pawing around in the contents, then just drifting away. Its like they were all just high as fuck without a care in the world. I really hate this show but for whatever reason it's easier to take than The Strain.

Strand is the only one who seems to remember that they were being followed by another boat in the previous episode. Strand's boat had lost power & was a sitting duck against potential pirates that Alicia was talking to last episode on the radio.

Leaving aside the question of the morality of Strand's actions, he's just not impressing me as all that smart. In his way, he's not understanding any better than the rest of the group that this is a ZA and everything that was once true is now over.

He can say it's his boat all he wants. It might even be true - I'm not 100% sure that he didn't just steal the boat of someone he knows, but, let's go with it.

So what? Before the ZA, he could have called the police and had the group forced off his boat and arrested for trespassing, whatever. But this is the ZA, and property rights aren't legally enforceable anymore. You're just hoping that people will have a basic sense of decency.

Strand is totally outnumbered on his boat. Pissing off various members of the group is not a good way to retain control of his boat. And by his failure to exhibit much sense of basic decency himself - I'm sure they all get that he didn't save them out of some sense of goodness, he saved them because he needs a crew because he really can't get that boat to Mexico himself (as this episode demonstrated). It's pure expediency on his part. And when people see you behave that way, they don't feel much obligation to treat you differently. Pre-ZA, again, it wouldn't matter because he would have the law on his side to enforce his ownership. But in the ZA? If he doesn't get smarter about how he handles the rest of the group, he's going to find himself tied up in a chair yelling "It's my boat!" for all the good that it'll do. (And he'll be lucky if Salazar doesn't have a go at him while he's tied up.) Basically the only reason that hasn't happened yet is because it's still early days of the ZA and people are still somewhat adhering to old ideas of civilization, but he's godawful at handling people.

What he did to Alex, morality aside, was so stupidly unnecessary. He had gotten what he really needed, they kept Alex and Jake off his boat. Madison was basically on his side, pushing for the group to support his expedition to Mexico even though it's pretty easy to feel that there's something extremely dubious going on with his plan that may not work out very well for them. But with one chop of the rope he alienated his one semi-ally and makes everyone else trust him even less. The group would rather be in control anyway, rather than a stranger like Strand, that's just human nature, so it's not going to take that much for them to decide on a mutiny. There is like no risk to them to mutiny because he is so heavily outnumbered. He is handling this terribly.

You made some good points. However, no one else is smart enough to figure out how to pilot the boat. Travis should have told Nick to keep an eye out on Strand to see how he operates the boat. Travis stepped up & tried to fix the water filtration system, so at least he did something useful this week.

I am trying to figure out if I hate Lori's "bug eyes" more than Madison's "pensive " look.

• Love 1

The events of flight 462 have me completely flummoxed. At the end of that annoying 1 minute miniseries we see the plane warbling along like a wounded duck, so how did Alex and the other survivors in the raft wind up in the water while parts of the fuselage and a bunch of the passengers ended up on the island? Did it break up in mid-air and if so, wouldn't they all be dead in the water after falling a few thousand feet? A busted window isn't enough to make a plane fall apart in the sky.

Maybe someone didn't enter the numbers and press the button in time.

• Love 6

Oh, and where did that yellow life raft come from at the end? After all, she ran over a ridge to Daniel so she was on the island. Did they go back for a crappy little life raft? It's all so stupid and haphazard.

IIRC, as they were pushing the boat towards the water again as they escaped the zombies, she asked Daniel & co to take her to where the life raft with Jake in it was waiting. As for where the life raft originally came from? At the beginning of the episode a few survivors of the plane crash were on the yellow raft and they picked up Alex & Jake who were in the water.

Alicia screaming at them about the burned guy in the raft was about the only dramatic moment of this show I've taken seriously. The young lady really nailed it.

That's my one nitpick about this show. The girl can act, give her something more to do show! That goes for Kim Dickens too.

Edited by kdm07
  • Love 2

I'm not saying it didn't have it's moments but overall this episode could singlehandedly revive the Mystery Science Theater 3000 franchise were its writers so inclined.

Not kidding, last night I said this series would be better if it were treated to the MST3000 treatment, too!  This show is godawful, and if it weren't connected to TWD I would have bailed on it back on the second episode.  How is it possible Robert Kirkman has his name on this and is supposedly involved? It's easier for me to believe he has been kidnapped and is duct taped to a chair in a room where he is not able to see this show at all, nor have any responsibility for its existence.  I know TWD hasn't been at its best lately, but even at its worst it's monumentally better than this ridiculous pile of stupid nonsense.  If we could get a peek into the writers' room, would it just be a bunch of monkeys pounding away at typewriters?

I'm having spinal surgery tomorrow, so the guy on the plane with his vertebra jutting out of his back was not super enjoyable for me to see. 

When Nick put on the dirty pilot's shirt with glee, my soul died a little.  Is it written somewhere in the bible for this show that he always has to be filthy?  I thought maybe he finally took a shower on the yacht, but then he never brushed his hair, so it was hard to tell if he actually cleaned up or just wrapped a towel around his stinking body after the swim in the ocean. 

That was an impressive amount of black sludge that one relatively fresh zombie arm managed to create in the pump / filtration system.  He looked like a regular sized man to me, but I guess that one arm was actually the size of an adult zebra when it got sucked into the boat.  Also, how stupid was it that whatshisname went down in the full diving suit (which was handy that he knew how to dive, because I wouldn't have known thing one about setting up the tank and gear if it were up to me), found the guy stuck in the boat hole, then panicked and just...got back on the boat, like WOAH THERE'S A TOTALLY UNEXPECTED DEAD DUDE CLOGGING THE MOTOR!  I DIDN'T GO AHEAD AND PULL HIM OUT, THOUGH, I JUST BAILED, SO THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE, GUESS I'LL JUST DO THIS ALL OVER AGAIN LATER BECAUSE WE HAVE NOTHING BUT TIME!  And everybody else was like, okay, yes, good plan.

I can't make a lick of sense out of why half of the episode was spent watching everyone discuss why they were going to Mexico, as though it was alarming to find out they had a possible destination.  WHO CARES IF YOU ARE HEADED FOR MEXICO?  You already know San Diego is gone, so if you continue South, you'll end up at Mexico anyway.  Why is finding out that Strand has some reason to go there even a thing?  It makes zero difference!  Mexico isn't even Mexico anymore, countries don't matter, it's all just land now, so you say okay, let's see how Mexico is doing, and you shut up about it.  GAH! I hate this show.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 8

I completely agree!. Alex should have told Strand that she has valuable knowledge & will be a useful part of the group.

I did not like the laissez faire attitude everyone had while going through the luggage on the island. They should take all the meds & any weapons. To his credit, Nick took a knife which came in handy when he battling the crabby zombie.

I was wondering why they had to pull the outboard raft twenty feet inland.  Why not keep one of the children on it in the water for a speedy getaway?  I would be more worried about pirates or ill tempered survivors than slow moving sand-walkers..  I agree, weird sense of non-urgency.

• Love 4

At this point I am hate watching this show. There are too many dumb, irritating characters.

One thing I missed, and I watched twice, how did the guy in the striped shirt in the yellow life boat die and end up in the water? Oh, and the other man before him, did Alex kill him because he was trying to kill burned boy?

• Love 3

I have watched every zombie, alien, disease world ending series imaginable (including Terra Nova!). I'm completely OBSESSED with The Walking Dead. Last night around 7:50 I needed some last minute items for a trip and my boyfriend said "we can't go now, it's Sunday and it's almost 8:00. I already have the duct tape for my mouth" and I responded "meh, I will catch the rerun or watch in on demand tomorrow" and he said "My goodness; this must be the worst show on television. Never thought I would see the day you don't demand we stop dead in our tracks and turn to AMC. This is the true sign of the apocalypse"

I think having popular source material for TWD helped mesh out the characters and make Season 1 so good. Fans of the books recognized characters and got excited. This show does not have that advantage and I'm beginning to speculate whether or not the show runners are only as good as sourced material and cannot flesh out interesting, likable characters with their talent and imagination.  

• Love 6

Poor Travis.  Even during foreplay Madison looks mildly disinterested...

I'll admit I did like this episode more.  I really think if they got rid of Madison and Travis this show could be saved.  I was invested in the scenes that didn't involve them, even if the other people were doing things considered stupid.  I mean CDB did some stupid stuff too at the beginning.  Lori and Shane wandering off in the woods for a booty call while Carl was God knows where...Carl being God knows where pretty much the first 3 seasons...These people aren't caught up and I keep trying to remember that.  Sure it could be better written and more of what they promised us (showing what happened at the beginning of the end), but it could take a turn for the better by getting rid of some of the horrible characters/actors (because I do think Kim is doing a shitty job, and the dude that plays Travis isn't any better).

So I guess "infected" will be their word for Walkers.  I remember back when they were touting this show they kept saying how these people were from California so they would come up with a real cool word for Walkers.  Seriously show.

If Alex doesn't some how come back I'll be pissed.  She is the most interesting character to me that probably could at least tell (because they can't seem to show anything on this series) some of what happened when shit got real.  Maybe the yacht could spring a leak.

• Love 2

LOL.

I have to believe that the lady plane crash survivor is not done on this show, they cannot be that stupid.  Maybe they can, but I just don't believe they will be that stupid. 

I have been looking forward to her being in the upcoming episodes as she was more intriguing in 14 one minute segments than any of these idiots on any of the episodes of this show for the season an a half we have tortured ourselves through.

After Strand was talking about the safety of the house in Mexico, my mind wandered and thought..., Would Trump as President of the ZA build the wall and make Zombie Mexicans pay for it?

• Love 4

IIRC, as they were pushing the boat towards the water again as they escaped the zombies, she asked Daniel & co to take her to where the life raft with Jake in it was waiting. As for where the life raft originally came from? At the beginning of the episode a few survivors of the plane crash were on the yellow raft and they picked up Alex & Jake who were in the water.

Thank you, I forgot about Jake being in the raft so it makes sense Alex asked them to get him. I still don't understand how the fuselage of the plane was on the island and the survivors were at sea in the raft, though. My brain is doing mental gymnastics trying to come up with a scenario where the plane crash lands in the ocean and skips over the waves up onto the island and then Alex and the other survivors all get into a raft and leave. Or something. It's just odd.

How many times does Strand have to tell these people that it is his way or it's the highway? Why aren't they more grateful? They saw L.A. get fire bombed, they saw the military desert their neighborhood, they saw that other boat riddled with bullet holes, they SEE that there aren't any safe places on land. Okay, so they helped Strand escape the military compound and get to his house and boat - but once he said they could all come on his boat and they left L.A. - the score is even again.

Oh and Alex - you are APPALLED that Strand and Madison are "debating" whether or not to let you and your seriously wounded friend on the boat because you are strangers and they can't trust you AND YET you killed two people who you kind of trusted and they tried to kill you and the kid? Screw you and your indignation. Alex didn't try to reason with Strand, or bargain, or even say please. If you are not going to plead your case using logic or sympathy - why wouldn't Strand cut you loose? I have.

• Love 10

Ok, I don't know anything about Yachts, however, if the filtration system just sucks in water so that an arm can get in it, THEN wouldn't it also be sucking in all matter of debris from the ocean and getting clogged all the damn time? Seaweed, fish (of all sizes), garbage, other stuff in the ocean. It makes no sense from a true mechanical point of view. They would be a screen or some type of filter to keep out large clogging items, like an arm. Or am I wrong? I have a pool, and I do not let large crap go into the pipe which goes to the filter for exactly this reason. It will clog the line. That is why we have a basket or other things before the filter to stop big, cloggy items from getting in there. But, maybe that is too logical for FTWD.

• Love 7