Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Ouroboros

• Start Topic

I disagree. Fuck Strand. One note assholes make for boring, infuriating characters that need to die already.

I was talking about the Asian lady. Wasn't she a doctor? I was more interested in her than any of the original FTWD folks. 

• Love 7

I was pro-Strand up until that last scene.   For some reason that bothered me.  None of his other antics had bugged me prior to that.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 3

So if this chick is on the show, and she was cut loose, then they just foreshadowed the next 2 - 3 episode:  Revolt, overtake Strand, circle back to pick up the doctor or retrieve her from pirates.  Maybe Nick will develop pirate camouflage?

I think everyone is infected, per TWD. At least when they die. So I'm guessing she's just injured.

That's what I thought, but they were almost inferring she may have been bitten.

• Love 3

That's what I thought, but they were almost inferring she may have been bitten.

She's not bitten. She was hurt in the finale... a bullet, I think? Yeah, yeah. The soldier shot her in retribution because Daniel tortured him, IIRC.

• Love 1

As I mentioned in the Pre-Spec thread, how did the airplane breakup in flight and get spread over the island and the ocean ?

I has to be at least a week since Nick saw Flight 462 on its approach to LAX, so how did it reach the offshore islands ?  Did the pilot decide not to land and then just circle until around until they ran out of fuel ?

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

My problem with Strand is that he's been shown to have ulterior motives, and therefore all his reasonable behaviors cannot be seen as above board, and we are clearly meant to side with Madison and her family group, who make horrible choices, but are shown to be "right". I'd be more impressed if everyone were up front and STILL made tough choices, because this is the world they are in. I feel terrible for Alex, but she should have spoken up for herself that she has necessary skills and that the burnt boy has outlived several other people and might outlive all of them.

Alicia should rethink flowy tops. Nick should rethink white.

• Love 5

I was talking about the Asian lady. Wasn't she a doctor? I was more interested in her than any of the original FTWD folks. 

You said "fuck this show." I said "fuck Strand." So far, I'm starting to like these people a little better, and I was psyched for the Asian badass lady to join the crew. I agree that she would be an improvement to the cast. She could replace Strand any day.

• Love 4

You said "fuck this show." I said "fuck Strand." So far, I'm starting to like these people a little better, and I was psyched for the Asian badass lady to join the crew. I agree that she would be an improvement to the cast. She could replace Strand any day.

Ahhh, I see. Yeah, Strand lost a lot of points with me this episode.

• Love 1

As I mentioned in the Pre-Spec thread, how did the airplane breakup in flight and get spread over the island and the ocean ?

I has to be at least a week since Nick saw Flight 462 on its approach to LAX, so how did it reach the offshore islands ?  Did the pilot decide not to land and then just circle until around until they ran out of fuel ?

To me, this is one of the more believable things from the show.  A plane at that height and speed that breaks apart would most likely be spread over miles of ocean and land (in my opinion).

Oh hai, cool Asian airplane lady! ...And bye! Seriously though, I don't think the Abigail needs any more teenagers... Then again, Chris is now an expert on mercy killing (guess it runs in the family). He could've taken care of the injured airplane kid easily.

• Love 1

I like Colman's performance but Strand is beginning to lose his luster.  If Strand really was this super smart, super cynical man of mystery, what is he doing with these losers.  Unless he's planning on selling nubile young people to the highest bidder when he reaches Mexico, what is the point of putting up with these people?  They have nothing to offer anybody.

• Love 8

This show CAN'T honestly be purging Alex after 15 minutes. They have to be saving her for a revenge arc or some other comeuppance scene with Strand. Or are the showrunners that dumb? NVM, jury is still out on that.

As was mentioned above, she's the only character who is certified as a ZA savvy survivor and seems to be months ahead in coping with the walker environment. The LA troupe would be getting their own Michonne v2.0 if they brought her along.

The whole "lets search luggage for supplies" set up was just frustrating to watch. "Mom, we'll totally be responsible and careful and stuff. C'mon! We're grown ass teenagers!" And that lasted all of 5 minutes. So, instead of searching for food/medicine/water/clothing, they play dress up, slowly amble thru the wreckage, wander solo to practice braining walkers, philosophize about wearing dead peoples clothes, and gawk at rosary beads. Sheesh! I was SO hoping that one or more of these emo kids would get bitten.

• Love 17

This show CAN'T honestly be purging Alex after 15 minutes. They have to be saving her for a revenge arc or some other comeuppance scene with Strand. Or are the showrunners that dumb? NVM, jury is still out on that.

As was mentioned above, she's the only character who is certified as a ZA savvy survivor and seems to be months ahead in coping with the walker environment. The LA troupe would be getting their own Michonne v2.0 if they brought her along.

The whole "lets search luggage for supplies" set up was just frustrating to watch. "Mom, we'll totally be responsible and careful and stuff. C'mon! We're grown ass teenagers!" And that lasted all of 5 minutes. So, instead of searching for food/medicine/water/clothing, they play dress up, slowly amble thru the wreckage, wander solo to practice braining walkers, philosophize about wearing dead peoples clothes, and gawk at rosary beads. Sheesh! I was SO hoping that one or more of these emo kids would get bitten.

One of the problems I'm starting to have with this is show is that they obviously want to play with the "family dynamics" which translates into "none of the main cast will die, so every episode new redshirts will come along and then go". It's why I wasn't totally surprised by Alex being left behind. I hope they bring her back. She can be rescued or something, right?

• Love 6

I really hate how both shows are using material not in the show itself to develop characters and generate suspense for those who watch/read that stuff to the detriment of those who didn't.

First, it was a half season of suspense generated by the impending arrival of Negan. Now it's the woman in this episode. I know she was in the shorts, but I didn't watch them so I have no idea about all of the qualities that people are writing about here. While I don't agree with Strand cutting her loose, to me she is closer to another mouth to feed than someone who is a potentially valuable ally described here.

• Love 4

Ofelia when Nick says he'll pick up clothes for her "Alicia, I can't do geriatric sheets." Best line of the night!

Better episode again. Strand was cold at the end there, I'm beginning to stop rooting for him now.

• Love 5

This fucking show. We can't have anything nice! I just can't with this show. I can't believe they let it play out like that. So we got a glimpse of a more interesting character, just to have her snatched away! Because people watch zombie shows for the hardcore family drama. We really want to get into the weeds of the difficult step-parent and kid relationship.

And how ridiculous that Alicia and Nick wasted all that time by the lifeboat hugging and staring into each others eyes? He was covered in zombie blood and there was a horde about two seconds behind. I can't believe that no one yelled at them. That scene was brought to you by "Flowers in the Attic."

• Love 18

I really hate how both shows are using material not in the show itself to develop characters and generate suspense for those who watch/read that stuff to the detriment of those who didn't.

First, it was a half season of suspense generated by the impending arrival of Negan. Now it's the woman in this episode. I know she was in the shorts, but I didn't watch them so I have no idea about all of the qualities that people are writing about here. While I don't agree with Strand cutting her loose, to me she is closer to another mouth to feed than someone who is a potentially valuable ally described here.

Alex was in the plane and when a passenger showed signs of infection she was the only one who knew what to do and was willing to get shit done. Also, I like the actress.

And her thing with Jake/burned boy is that she feels guilty because she took his mother's seat in the plane when they were boarding. So she feels responsible for him. Are we supposed to infer she killed the guy in the raft with her because he wanted to get rid of Jake? He was the one clogging the boat later.

• Love 1

Alex was in the plane and when a passenger showed signs of infection she was the only one who knew what to do and was willing to get shit done. Also, I like the actress.

And her thing with Jake/burned boy is that she feels guilty because she took his mother's seat in the plane when they were boarding. So she feels responsible for him. Are we supposed to infer she killed the guy in the raft with her because he wanted to get rid of Jake? He was the one clogging the boat later.

I thought she said something like she owed him [her life?]. I took that to mean he did something on that plane to save her and that is why she is not just letting him go. But talk about loyal! She's no joke. I REALLY hope that is not the end of her.

• Love 1

I didn't watch the plane episodes so I have no idea who Alex and the burned boy are but I already care about them more than any of the dimwits on the boat. Damn you Strand!

Could those idiots pillage and loot and slower on that beach? If you find a medical bag full of supplies you grab the whole bag and sort through it later. You don't pick and choose what meds to take, you take them all you morons! You may not need blood pressure medicine or insulin now but it might be extremely valuable later. These people know nothing about survival.

I keep hoping everyone will die and that's not a good sign for this show. I was rooting for the zombie with the crabs to bite Nick and I really want Chris and Alicia taken down. It's probably never going to happen though.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 15

I thought she said something like she owed him [her life?]. I took that to mean he did something on that plane to save her and that is why she is not just letting him go. But talk about loyal! She's no joke. I REALLY hope that is not the end of her.

Well, he gave him some knitting needles when the zombie was on top of her. LOL. The only thing he did, the kid was kind of useless.

• Love 2

Poor Strand doesn't realize that the only person with any kind of sense for miles is the person he just cut loose.

Maybe he did realize and that was why he had to get rid of her. She wouldn't put up with his malarkey.

• Love 2

So did the kid have a burned face because he could they couldn't get the actor back?  I know he was heavily made up, but it didn't look like the same guy.  I can't believe that's all we got after that buildup for months but then i realize what show I'm watching and of course they'd do something stupid like that.  

At least Strand's facade is starting to crack.  He was genuinely grossed out by the ground parts in the filtration system.  I think it's clear Strand brought these people along to be the help because he's really not the roll up your sleeves type.

These people are truly too stupid to live.  Even CDB was never this bad.  At least they watched out for each other.  These fools wander off on dreamy little personal explorations like they're pretentious college kids trying to find the real Paris.   Alicia's waxing philosophical about her brother's past while lazily going through a dead man's luggage like she's looking through the 90% off rack Kohl's.  Chris is off mercy killing killing people in the least merciful way possible....apparently liking it.  Salazar, the supposedly responsible adult driving the bus for this little field trip decides to trust the resident drug addict with the secret his daughter needs stronger meds.  And Nick, who started the day playing Airline Pilot Ken, apparently never learned not to stand with half your foot off the edge and ends up being the entree for a walker who's just finished his crab appetizer.  

I'm glad to know the walkers are coordinated enough to negotiate sloped, damp, rocky coastline that even the living can have trouble with.  

• Love 15