Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E16: Didn't Expect It To Go Down This Way

I couldn't care less about Riff Raft.  So, yeah, I got nothing to add on that. 

So, I guessed Autumn was trying to cause friction between Gunner and Scarlett after Scarlett mentioned them hanging out at the spa to Gunner. But again.. I don't care about this person either. Or Gunner and Scarlet. 

Also, yeah, sorry, I love Connie Britton as much as anyone else but Rayna is the worst. Maybe it's because I am able to watch an hour of FNL every morning before I leave-thanks tv channel Pivot!- but it's hard not to compare Rayna to Tami Taylor. I just..  But anyways, this is the first I've liked Deacon since season one. Finally, there's a parent in that house.  Also shut the hell up, Cash. God. What the hell?  Seriously, this 20 year old needs to sit down. Yes, Deacon acted hastily and badly in the club and towards the guy but to Cash, he just yelled at her and basically said to her, "stop trying to make my 16 YEAR OLD like your new BFF, your 20 something years old" speech.  Poor Daphne, though. At least Deacon said some nice things to her about it not being her fault. I don't think I've ever wanted to punch a character more than Cash. And seriously.. Rayna is just doing real bad parenting now. It's not just Deacon's thing at the bar that Maddie is mad about, she's been mad for a while over pretty much everything, Rayna has just been not around and just throwing out ideas here and there like join my label and then leaving to go deal with a stray musician she found in a car in a parking lot. It makes me mad that I defend Deacon's parenting skills here and saying Rayna has had zero this season, but she has. She didn't even talk to her daughters about how marrying Deacon was going to affect the family until they were sitting in their dresses 15 minutes before the wedding! Like, really..? And okay, Frankie and Cash, as soon as they both can get the hell off this show, the happier I will be. They both are terrible additions to this show that was not needed.  Maddie can leave, too. Seriously. 

The Juliette- Emily- Glen breakfast scene warms my little heart. Ugh. Avery, bad choice check going on tour with Layla. Layla is the worst. I felt just like Juleitte when watching stupid Layla and Avery at the soundcheck. Ugh. I can't believe the show is even venturing towards this.  Baby Cadence is the cutest. I like that Juliettee is nice to everyone now and not the diva she was in previous seasons to random new people working at the label and everyone. Oh I love Juliettee more than anyone else on this show. Except for maybe Daphne and Emily.  But again.. how is Avery not seeing though crazy eyes Layla?  

AHHH! Finally, a Juliette- Rayna scene. Memories of when this show was awesome when these two were sharing the screen and bitch staring each other down. I'm always reminded me of the preview that brought me to this show when Juliette in her bedazzled gold dress glory came in to meet Rayna with her "my mama used to play your songs when I was in her belly!". 

Did anyone else not think that Juliette wouldn't be joining the tour? I figured she would be asap. It makes sense. This way she can see Candace and keep her eyes on Avery and Layla. Of course it was going to happen, I just didn't think it would take all episode for it to happen. But damn.. I loved her moment when she went on stage. 

Poor Will.  I just want him to be happy. 

• Love 15

I think it may be the actual worst thing this show has done.

I just don't understand why they went here. Why why WHY?

Right? It's only making me dislike Rayna a lot because to me, she has just now dropped in to whats been going on in her daughters life and also, Cash is awful. Just. Awful.

• Love 3

I don't understand what they're going for with the Maddie storyline, I really don't. Are we supposed to see Cash as a supportive friend, a weirdo with a crush on an underage kid, or someone who wants to exploit a famous couples' daughter for career or financial gain? The show's not telling us, and the whole situation just seems unbelievable (and makes Cash look super creepy).

Anyway. I love Juliette. I like that she's being a lot nicer to Emily and Glenn now but that she's still the same old Juliette when it comes to scheming and manipulating people. Getting herself on the tour was a smart move.

• Love 14

So, Riff Odem has gone to rehab? Awesome. Can he take Frankie with him?

I really want Maddie to go tour the Australian Outback. Thanks for the idea Juliette! I can only hope Cash goes with her and takes her crappy sweater and pinched face.

Daphne, poor little thing. I like younger Stella's voice better, so maybe she can start singing alone. I hear Luke might have a tour slot open...

I waited months to see Juliette with Rayna and that was IT? Really show? Toss some fans a bone. Unless they're saving Juliette reaching out to Maddie and getting the family back together for sweeps?

I was waiting for Jule's to bust out the pink macaroni for Glenn and Emily. Such a missed opportunity.

Avery needs to get off Crayla's bus. Quickly. That bed for 2 AND a crib in the room? Run!!!

• Love 14

I think the show really struggled to find itself while Hayden was gone.  They added newbies, including Cash or whatever her name is, to fill the minutes.  

How bad those storylines are became apparent when Hayden returned.  She's always been my favorite, but wow is she lighting up the screen now.  The Juliette scenes with Glenn, Emily, Avery, Rayna, and Luke  were the best parts of tonight's show.  It's good to see that Hayden is feeling so much better!

Layla, prepare to go down!  Juliette can read you like a book, and she is not afraid to fight dirty to protect her family.

Rayna, get off of Deacon's back.  Of course, he lost his temper.  Maddie was acted like a spoiled child.  My father would have dragged me off that stage, too.

Will, hang in there.  

• Love 12

I agree with everything everybody has said so far and i just wanna call shenanigans on Will's not finding a guy who's interested in him. Will is 1-hot 2-very talented 3-hot 4-kind and sensitive and did I mention he's hot? Most gay men would give just about anything to have a guy like him for a boyfriend. But the scenes with him and Avery were extremely precious, especially the phone call.

• Love 16

One side of me feels bad for Rayna and understood how scared she is to lose Maddie.  The other side wants Rayna to tell Maddie, "Don't' let the door hit ya where the lord split ya."  What a little a-hole.  She fits in with the a-hole family of Cash and Frankie.

I hated Juliette earlier in the season and now I am pulling for her.

Edited because I wrote Julie by mistake.

Edited by dirtydi
  • Love 4

Avery needs to get off Crayla's bus. Quickly. That bed for 2 AND a crib in the room? Run!!!

Seriously! That bus is bound for Crazy Town.

I think getting herself a spot on the tour is the worst possible decision Juliette could have made. (That is, as bad as any decision could be that doesn't directly or indirectly involve Cash.) Juliette, you were making so much progress -- acting like a mature, non-self-destructive adult human person! Don't go out there and ruin it on your first day!

Lawzy, Miss Scarlett -- don't even. I think the makers of Quit Being A Dick need a whole new product line -- Quit Acting A Fool. Every damn one of 'em on this show could use a dose or three. Line 'em up, inoculate 'em all!

Except for Will -- poor guy! "Apparently I'm even worse at this than I thought." I can't decide if Will's "WTF? Somebody likes me?" faces when Bryan was paying him compliments were hilarious or just deeply sad. "But you said all those nice things ...?" Yes, Will, because you're kind of awesome? Talented and genuinely a nice guy -- remember? Maybe Bryan will become a good enough friend that they'll laugh about this later. "Hey, remember that time we went out for beers and you thought it was a date?"

Cash is evil. And Frankie is stupider than dirt.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 6

Well that was a truckload of bullshit crammed into an hour. 

Maddie has turned into the biggest brat I've had the displeasure of watching on TV. And this is on a show with Juliette Barnes, so that's saying something! At least Juliette was a fun brat (not counting the post-partum depression). Please emancipate yourself from mommy's money and protection and see how well you do on your own you ungrateful little wretch. I'm sure Cash would just love to be your financial manager. 

If they want to make Deacon look like some out of control anger freak then they ought to show him being unreasonably angry and hulking out over dumb stuff. Because I gotta say, as the parent of a 16 year old girl, his rage was pretty justified in that bar. In fact, I think he was pretty controlled considering what was going on there. I can see this leading to Rayna and Deacon breaking up AGAIN, and Maddie turning into some drug using musician with a bunch of money-grubbing sycophants in her "squad," lead by Cash -- who just needs to get off of my screen ASAP, and take her whiny jackwagon of a father with her.

What the hell happened to Rayna? She's just awful this season! Did she have a brain transplant when Deacon got his liver? Because, damn.

Crazy Eyes can sing, but I'm not into the whole revenge storyline. Yes, your boyfriend took a header off of a roof trying to save Juliette, but that doesn't really mean Juliette's at fault for his actions. Maybe he should have grabbed her from behind instead of leaping in front of her. Poor planning on his part... just sayin'. Anyway, Avery belongs with Juliette. They know it, we know it, Crazy Eyes knows it... just let it happen. 

I don't care about the Exes and Alicia Witt, either. It's all so pointless. I'd much rather see Gunnar and Scarlet make cow eyes at each other all day long because they're afraid of getting together romantically and wrecking the band, (espeically if we get some more of those songs like they had on season 1), than to have some third party involved stirring up drama. We get it, she's an evil home wrecker. Do we really need another one of those on this show? 

Will was super cute on his not-a-date. I want him to find someone to love! 

Loved the breakfast scene, and the Rayna-Juliette scene. I just loved all things Juliette. 

• Love 17

Ok so many good comments about all the suckage on this show.  Maddie could get kidnapped by aliens tomorrow for all I care.  But I was glad that they do seem to be remembering that we want to hear some music once in a while... I hope they keep that up.

• Love 7

Whoa boy. This thing with Maddie just gets dumber by the week. Rayna and Deacon really should let her go. I also have no idea how we're meant to read Cash. She started out giving good advice and being helpful, and then basically overnight she lost her mind. Do the writers actually see her or Maddie as sympathetic??

Yay for Juliette!

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 10

Wow.. This show surprises me at how bad it can get.

I love Juliette and all of the scenes with her in it. I have to stop myself from fast forwarding through the rest. 

I'm not here for Layla. AT ALL.

But I can deal with Layla a lot better than Maddie. This whole storyline with Maddie is the absolute worse thing ever. Sometimes I wonder what the writers are thinking. They're clearly not trying to create realistic characters.

• Love 11

Rayna has just been not around and just throwing out ideas here and there like join my label and then leaving to go deal with a stray musician she found in a car in a parking lot.

Rayna's always been like this, she's been a horrible parent. During her relationship with Luke, Luke spent more time with those girls than Rayna. This story of Maddie running away and wanting nothing to do with her, would have made more sense after she found out about the "you lied to me my entire life about who my father was" plot.  The forcing Maddie to sign with Hiway 65 with her sister was an awful idea and showed no care at all for what Maddie wanted. 

Juliette will probably end up giving Maddie a pep talk to get her to go home, but Juliette also got yelled at for having Maddie perform without St. Deacon and Rayna's approval. 

Deacon's partner had a point at Deacon's raving of Maddie being underage in a bar. How many times has she been at Beverly or sang and been at the Bluebird? 

• Love 3

I don't think the contract for Maddie at Highway 65 was that bad an idea, actually. What Maddie wanted -- complete independence -- was just as unrealistic and selfish then as the fantasy of emancipation is now. Aren't teenagers, even massively talented ones, supposed to be given freedoms on a gradual basis? Being on contract is a business arrangement that Maddie should have had to prove she was mature enough for. Maddie might have believed that the contract with Highway 65 was just a way for her mother to control her, but Maddie often believes that what she wants should be all that matters, and the world isn't set up that way. It might have been too little, too late, but I thought the Highway 65 idea was otherwise one of Rayna's more sensible parenting choices, as far as it went.

And I think there is an appreciable difference between being at a bar with parental involvement, where there are staff and regulars who know Maddie, and showing up at some random hole-in-the-wall after lying to her parents about it. I think Frankie was flat wrong, and it's a little late and more than a little disingenuous for him to be complaining about not wanting to get involved in Deacon's family drama.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 19

Gunnar - "We're just really excited for everyone to finally hear our music."

The irony.

Now, "The Exes" have released a "hit single" and been on tour for two episodes and we've yet to see them sing a single second.

Meanwhile, the show is giving all the screentime to Layla, guest stars and the most offensive teenage brat I've ever seen on television.

It's like the golden rule of Nashville - This show can always get worse.

• Love 11

Yes to all the above. Maddie is the most petulant little spoiled bratty thing since teenage Caligula, and no lawyer worth his books will think she has a case for "emancipation." How? Whyfor? Because her mommy wouldn't let her sign with Sony at age 16 and her daddy slapped down a groper in a bar she snuck off to be in? She should be sent to Catholic military school, but maybe being tossed out into the real world with no money and no parental protection is what she really needs.

• Love 12

I really, really hate this storyline. I really do. 

Me too.

Note to self: Go back to happy hour margaritas on Wednesdays. This show is much more tolerable when not sober.

I hurt myself laughing at this.

I think it may be the actual worst thing this show has done.

I just don't understand why they went here. Why why WHY?

But anyways, this is the first I've liked Deacon since season one. Finally, there's a parent in that house.  Also shut the hell up, Cash. God. What the hell?  Seriously, this 20 year old needs to sit down.

When Maddie started yelling about them keeping her from her career, I about went nuts.  Listen, you sniveling little brat, your career isn't some divine right because you can sing and play the guitar.  Your parents (who are both in the music business, by the way) get to make this decision until you are 18.  Remember Deacon, the guy who you would tell everyone and their brother that you wanted in your life as a father?  Well, he's acting like one, and that's what you wanted.  I HATE that emancipation is being used in this way.  I don't know much about it, but the little I do know is that there are actual, legitimate reasons to use it---say if Rayna or Deacon had been stealing from Maddie financially.  That is not happening.  Maddie is not being abused or neglected either.  She's just being a brat, and I loathe that a legal measure is now being used as a reward for brattiness.  I know this is Nashville, but even for this show, it's too much.

Do the writers actually see her or Maddie as sympathetic??

The scary thing is that I actually think the writers intended for the audience to root for Maddie.

Gotta say, if I were Lennon and Maisy's parents, I'd be peeved about this storyline.  Not because of what fans are often accused of---burring fact and fiction.  I don't think it's a matter of fans confusing Lennon with Maddie, but I have read frustration about this storyline in lots of places.  I've seen many comments where some viewers would be perfectly content to ship Maddie and Daphne off to boarding school and be done with the kids period for a while.  If that were to happen Lennon and Maisy would lose a platform that many young artists don't have access to...all for the sake of an awful storyline.

The one decent thing the storyline did give us was a scene between Juliette and Rayna.

Blech also to Layla and to Riff, and I'm tired of another version of the Scarlett/Gunnar dance.  I like them together, but this is getting tedious.  I don't care about Autumn.

Will, everything Juliette, and Avery remain the most enjoyable parts of the show.

ETA: This Maddie storyline is so irritating, it's increasing my number of typos.  Think and like (in relation to Scarlett and Gunnar) are not the same word.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 11

Blech also to Layla and to Riff, and I'm tired of another version of the Scarlett/Gunnar dance.  I think them together, but this is getting tedious.  I don't care about Autumn.

Sadly, the show will keep fucking S/G's story up all the way to Cancellationville.

• Love 6

Psst. Rayna. Let Maddie go. It's a blessing in disguise. How the hell is Maddie so annoying that I now feel bad for often despising Juile Taylor on Friday Night Lights? How? She cheated on Matt and I still hate Maddie more.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 7

Please show, let Maddie be emancipated & go on tour. For a very long time. And let her bring Cash as her opening act. And Frankie can go on tour with them.

They just brought Juliette back & they're doing this jealousy crap already? Haven't we seen this storyline with her a billion times already? They really can't think of something else?

• Love 11

Jesus.

Maddie, Cash, and Frankie, please go die in a fire. Girl, girl, boy, bye.

Rayna, you're sucking so much. While I'm against corporal punishment, I'll make an exception just this once: you need to stop trying to plead and negotiate with your demon spawn and just whoop her ungrateful ass. If I had talked to my mother the way Maddie talks to Rayna, her reaction would have made Krakatoa's eruption look like a hiccup.#endofdays

Will, I will MORE than happily date you.

• Love 11

I liked the part where Frankie--the father of Cash--tells Deacon that Maddie running away from home proves that Deacon behaved inappropriately.  LOL  Circular reasoning, anyone?

I've never been a Maddie fan, so I'm enjoying this storyline.  Let's see that emancipation hearing!  My parents are mean, so I want to live at my friend's house.  Then I plan to sign a recording contract with Sony and then I'll be rich.

The courts would be clogged with emancipation suits from 16-year olds.

• Love 7

Rayna, you're sucking so much. While I'm against corporal punishment, I'll make an exception just this once: you need to stop trying to plead and negotiate with your demon spawn and just whoop her ungrateful ass. If I had talked to my mother the way Maddie talks to Rayna, her reaction would have made Krakatoa's eruption look like a hiccup.#endofdays

I think the reason this character inspires these types of reactions is that she's so terribly written. Whatever, yes, whatever form of physical or spiritual hardship or humiliation the writers could choose to put her through I would simply laugh, because I know in my heart that this cannot be a real person.

It actually annoys me that I feel this way because I certainly have nothing against Lennon Stella and I even used to like Maddie, but her character transplant has made her absolutely insufferable.

• Love 6
Maybe Bryan will become a good enough friend that they'll laugh about this later. "Hey, remember that time we went out for beers and you thought it was a date?"

Hey, it worked for Will and Gunnar! Wasn't it just earlier this season that they were joking about how Will kissed Gunnar? I love the Will/Avery/Gunnar friendship but since Avery and Gunnar are up to their ears with their own drama and are both going out on tour with Luke, it would be great for Will to have a new friend in Nashville who has time to hang out.

When Maddie started yelling about them keeping her from her career, I about went nuts.  Listen, you sniveling little brat, your career isn't some divine right because you can sing and play the guitar.  Your parents (who are both in the music business, by the way) get to make this decision until you are 18.  Remember Deacon, the guy who you would tell everyone and their brother that you wanted in your life as a father?  Well, he's acting like one, and that's what you wanted.  I HATE that emancipation is being used in this way.  I don't know much about it, but the little I do know is that there are actual, legitimate reasons to use it---say if Rayna or Deacon had been stealing from Maddie financially.  That is not happening.  Maddie is not being abused or neglected either.  She's just being a brat, and I loathe that a legal measure is now being used as a reward for brattiness.  I know this is Nashville, but even for this show, it's too much.

This x 1000. Having any sort of talent doesn't give you the right to demand that you be allowed to have a career at it when you are still a minor. Her parents let her perform and they gave her a record contract, which is a lot more than other parents would allow their teenage daughters. Instead of taking advantage of the opportunities she has been given, she is having temper tantrums about how she isn't already at a Britney Spears level of fame/touring/performing. Slow your damn roll, girl.

As for whatever amount of money that Sony offered her as an advance, good luck managing your finances at the age of 16 when you've never had so much as an after school job or had to pay for anything yourself. Then see how much money you make from your album sales after the label deducts the money they spent on marketing, studio time, musicians, producers, etc. And I'm guessing that Sony isn't big on letting a 16 year old girl produce her own album so get ready for them to tell you what to sing, how to sing it, how to dress, where you will perform, when you will be interviewed, what you will say, etc. In other words, get ready to be the fed up version of Juliette Barnes we saw in S1. Maddie's problem is that she puts all the blame squarely on her parents for not letting her do whatever the hell she wants because she's an entitled brat. She thinks that signing with Sony will magically solve all of her problems when it's much more likely that she is going to end up feeling even more trapped than ever because Sony is only going to care about the profit margin, not letting her be a creative artist.

I hope that Rayna tells Maddie exactly why Jeff tried to sign Maddie and Daphne before. Of course I know she won't because she thinks she has to protect them from the truth about Teddy, but a girl can dream.

I wish Cash, Autumn, Frankie, and Layla would all get into a car together and drive off a bridge. Or just out of town, whatever. As long as they go away, I don't care how that happens.

So Rayna's over giving a shit about what happened to that homeless girl?

• Love 12

I hope that Rayna tells Maddie exactly why Jeff tried to sign Maddie and Daphne before. Of course I know she won't because she thinks she has to protect them from the truth about Teddy, but a girl can dream.

The show suffers from amnesia when it comes to stuff like that. If something happened more than one season ago and hasn't been referenced, for all intents and purposes it never happened, and if it did happen, only the parts the writers choose are remembered.

• Love 2

I would have snatched that girl out of that house by her face. When she said' "You're the bad influence," to her PARENTS, I think I momentarily blacked out. The disrespect. I would not have it! Girl, gone and live your life and see how you do.

The number of times I rolled my eyes during this episode was astronomical. Every time Maddie, Cash, Autumn and Layla were on screen. I also kept saying who cares whenever Riff's wife, Luke and his put upon manager/employee were on. I do not care about these people, Nashville.

Juliette is made of win lined with platinum.

Avery continues down this dark and desperate path and as much as I love him, I can't watch him succumb to that...girl.

Autumn's mouth moments creep me out. Layla's bangs, what the actual fuck? Cash is completely insane and Maddie is riding shotgun on her crazy train.

Who greenlit these storylines? Who sat up and said, yes. This is exactly what we should do! Fans will love it! They were wrong.

• Love 22

Psst. Rayna. Let Maddie go. It's a blessing in disguise. How the hell is Maddie so annoying that I now feel bad for often despising Juile Taylor on Friday Night Lights? How? She cheated on Matt and I still hate Maddie more.

Julie Taylor was a realistic and somewhat relatable teenager. At times she was annoying, at times she was cruel and terribly selfish, at nearly all times she was naïve and, well, sometimes she was even really sweet. She was flawed as hell but I liked her anyway, and the proposal scene in the finale legit brought tears to my eyes. What she wasn't, was a cartoon character. Maddie is a cartoon character.

• Love 8
The show suffers from amnesia when it comes to stuff like that. If something happened more than one season ago and hasn't been referenced, for all intents and purposes it never happened, and if it did happen, only the parts the writers choose are remembered.

I'm assuming that since they had Cash tell Maddie and then Maddie confronted Rayna about it, this is not the last we'll hear about it!

• Love 1

Oh sure, Wife of Riff, I'm so sure his problem was a pre-existing addiction to tour lifestyle when it's far more likely that after the horror of performing in The Beverly, the only way to erase it from his mind was coke, booze and hookers. Good move, Riff. I bet it worked. Hope you can remember your own name when you wake up!

• Love 3

That Cash person should be in jail.  She is harboring an underage runaway.  There is also contributing to the delinquency of a minor, possible kidnapping and the list goes on.  But no one can report her because the press will find out.

Sure Deacon was over the top, but at least he cares that his underage daughter was all tarted up and singing sleazy lyrics in a bar.

• Love 5

I missed Hayden so much, and watching her back on screen proves exactly why that was.  Clearly she can do much more than the endless loop of scheming they always hit as default on her storylines.  Matter of fact, scheming seems to be their go to plotline for everyone.  That's a problem.  Far more interesting to show hopes, dreams and intentions falling short, getting derailed, unintentionally colliding.  Less mustache twirling would be much appreciated.  Seriously, that's why you brought on Alicia Witt?  She can play a much more complex and compelling character than that, I've seen it.

Maddie's story is poorly written, which is not surprising with the direction of this show lately.  I've started to become suspicious that the underlying story is going to be about Frankie and Cash undermining ever aspect of Deacon's life.  Both characters grate on my nerves.  There's plenty of room for continued angst for Deacon without the Boris and Natasha element scheming to take down Moose and Squirrel.  As a mom there's no way I can get behind the idea that Rayna and Deacon should wash their hands of Maddie, absolutely not.  I also can't give credence to the notion there's any grounds for emancipation, but I'm certain that's what we're about to see play out.

The ADD notion of Rayna's choices and lifestyle plotline is largely killing the room for real stories, organic ones to play out.  She runs her label the same way she runs her life -- ooh, look, pretty shiny thing -- what were we talking about?  She has repeatedly fallen down on Layla's regard.  She can't even follow through on what it means to have signed her own daughters.  If she had, things would be much different.  Ooh, but she's itchy to get out on the road for the mini tour band aid that she cooked up, to solve Layla's problem?, even though it serves no good purpose at all for her family or her label right now. 

• Love 5

I would have snatched that girl out of that house by her face.

Ok, I only ever lurk this board, but damn this made me laugh so hard.  Just the visual of Reyna snatching Maddie by the face and dragging her out of that hosue.....LOL!

• Love 14

I waited months to see Juliette with Rayna and that was IT? Really show? Toss some fans a bone. Unless they're saving Juliette reaching out to Maddie and getting the family back together for sweeps?

I was waiting for Jule's to bust out the pink macaroni for Glenn and Emily. Such a missed opportunity

I was disappointed by the brevity of the Rayna-Juliette scene.  Those two together make almost everyone else look like bad community theater.

Pink macaroni!  That would have been awesome!

I hated Julia earlier in the season and now I am pulling for her.

Did you mean Juliette or Layla?

Deacon's partner had a point at Deacon's raving of Maddie being underage in a bar. How many times has she been at Beverly or sang and been at the Bluebird? 

One of these things is not like the other.

So Rayna's over giving a shit about what happened to that homeless girl?

Those homeless girls are as important as Colt.

I loved Will taking the fresh coffee Avery just fixed for himself.

And Juliette relayed 10,000 more times what she was feeling just watching Avery & Layla sing than Layla can in 10,000 words.

• Love 4

Rayna's always been like this, she's been a horrible parent. During her relationship with Luke, Luke spent more time with those girls than Rayna. This story of Maddie running away and wanting nothing to do with her, would have made more sense after she found out about the "you lied to me my entire life about who my father was" plot. The forcing Maddie to sign with Hiway 65 with her sister was an awful idea and showed no care at all for what Maddie wanted.

Juliette will probably end up giving Maddie a pep talk to get her to go home, but Juliette also got yelled at for having Maddie perform without St. Deacon and Rayna's approval.

The Bluebird is a family friendly establishment unless specifically noted for a particular performer.

Many bars in Tennessee have all ages rules that allow them to accommodate minors until a certain time (say 11 o'clock or midnight) which is another reason Deacon could have brought Maddie to the Beverly.

The fact that Skull's had a doorman for Maddie to skate past says this was not that kind of establishment.

• Love 3

I hate Layla, Autumn, Cash, Maddie and Frankie. Isn't there a way to load them all up on a tour bus alone and have it drive off a cliff? I absolutely LOVED the side-eye that Juliette gave Layla when she was on stage with Avery. The preview of Avery kissing Layla for next week made me gag.

• Love 6

I'm going to call it now.

A judge laughs in Maddie's face when she takes her spoiled ramblings to the courtroom so they end up painting Deacon as a horrific violent monster and say that Maddie needs to be removed from him pending grave danger and a judge is like OMG ABUSIVE HOUSEHOLD EMANCIPATED SOLD.

Cash didn't keep that video for nothing.

• Love 5

I agree with that assessment Airwair, but I wonder why Cash doesn't see any ramifications from the video. She stood there while a 16-year-old was being felt up by some guy, filming the whole time, and never stepped in. What kind of friend/mentor is that? She didn't look like she was uncomfortable watching it either, which is pretty creepy in my book.

• Love 4

Cash doesn't see any ramifications because there won't be. Apparently Nashville lives in the parallel universe we dealt with on this board last week where Maddie's behavior was acceptable and Deacon was so out of control that he has to apologize for being a parent instead of coddling to her every demand and desire.

• Love 13

We know that Layla is going to snap and dangle Cadence out a window or something right? It's just a matter of time. When it happens I hope we discover that Emily is a Krav Maga black belt and she just snaps her neck like Jessica Jones because Emily deserves better.

I see Riff has finished up his cycle through the blender. Show up, cause drama, leave. Blather, rinse, repeat. Are we supposed to give a damn that this guy Keith Richards-ed himself into a stroke? I can't even remember what he looked like. I hope the "local escort" turned out to be Vida. At this point, I don't even need them to name these tertiary characters. Just call them Red Shirt and move on.

Edited by marceline
  • Love 15