Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

The only reason YoYo is defending Daveed My LOOOVe is to get more money from him. This is the same woman who had her first pre nup overturned for a "broken back".

Cry and run off Yo.....and don't come back please and thank you.

In response to another poster (that I can't find right now) I have NEVER seen anyone on here hope she dies!!! We may want her to "go away" aka get off this show but I doubt any of the lovely people here want her to die!

• Love 22

This went as I expected it would. Yolanda explains what she was going through and what her definition of a walk is, seemed reasonable to me. But hells bells, the viewers won't hear it. She is asked a generalized question and OFFERS in her response her past clinical depression, to make it clear she does understand the difference between clinical depression and being depressed. She's lived it. But once again clang on the bells from viewers. Last year so much in opinion of she must be crazy not to be having other things looked into for her health issues. Tonight she offers up some of the testing she was having done all along. depression. implants. hormones. CLANG BELLS YOLANDA PUT SOMETHING UP HER BUTT hahahehehaha snarkable.  For gawd sakes. Viewers spat for time line explanations, very reasonable explanations are given. It is not enough, because any RH shoulda coulda woulda so Yo's lying she shoulda coulda woulda.

There will be no reason good enough for someone that doesn't want to believe. Ever. Paid celebrity or not paid celebrity. 

Doesn't surprise me that I don't see some forum contributors around anymore. Specifically most the ones who share some of their own personal experiences with health struggles. ( it's called health struggle because it is a struggle/no quick fix/a lot of uncertainties). Those who have lived with or have had health issues that are ongoing KNOW the drill and can see a fake persona in forums as clearly as they can see face work on the HW's ..very clearly.

I'm thinking  the snark opinions about Yolanda, after the 'oh so sorry for what you've gone through fellow poster' months prior, does discourage some from participating anymore in discussions. And yes I do get that this is a forum for snark on celebrities. And yes I do know there are ignore features available to everyone. And no, I don't need replies on how my opinion doesn't match your opinion 'because yadda yadda insert how blind I am and how seeing you are here'. 

My opinion may be idiotic to others, I'm fine with that. But none of us are idiots or beneath another for having and sharing an opinion. 

---Andy's head spin toward LVP after LR mentioned 'story line' , good stuff!  I'll know who Andy believes when we see who is and isn't around next season. He doesn't like the viewers knowing big% is scripted..shhh this is reality tv.. we know Andy, we know (wink wink). He gave LVP 2 side eyes and a 'ummver' mouth gape when he learned her dress was the same design/designer of Erika's TH top. It cracks me up the stuff that gets to him.

Kyle's 'in defense of Fay' was silly. We know Kyle, Fay owns 1/4 of your soul. I would read a book that tells us why that is. 

I hope to hear from Eileen in part 2. She is miss manners compared to Potomac's cast. 

Oh my god you won my heart!

I liked how you pointed out that Yo did explain what she meant regarding on of her statements and yet. Thud! Doesn't resonate. Doesn't cut it. I mean geez. I don't see anything all that deceitful in the things that Yo says. I just chalk it up to hyperbole, not really caring about officially counting back to the exact month when referring to something in the past. I mean don't we all use shortcuts in our basic day to day conversations? I don't know about anyone else but I've had thousands of conversations with people where I say something like "yeah, I was talking to you just the other day about that" and they chime in with something like "well it was actually 2 weeks ago and not just the other day but okay"...

I mean it's ridiculous that we don't apply the same innocuous reasonings that go on in our average lives to these women. It's brutal how very strict we are with regards to how they interact and behave on these shows. I mean not unless they are going bat shit crazy like Lisa R where it's waaayyy over the top.  I don't think their idiosyncrasies should be used as ammunition to paint them to be worse than they really are. The dissection and microscopic criticism is not the way people actually live their lives in general. There is a lot of room for mistakes and less attention to detail and spur of the moment, knee jerk reactions. We aren't completely polished or flawless in every one of our interactions in the course of a day. Why do we expect that from these women? I get it when real big things happen like "you stole my house" or Lisa R in any given scene.. LOL there's something interesting to discussing but when this whole "Yolanda took 5 steps to the stairway and she said 10 this bitch is such a liar" is constantly the topic of discussion I can't help but wonder where such madness comes from because surely it can't be coming from 40 plus minutes a week and however many hours (oh wait should I add the episode times up to get an accurate number of hours?) a season of these simple women.

• Love 9

We are all guilty of exaggerating with the use of extreme adverbs (and adjectives) at times.  Using this example to defend Yolanda is a stretch. IMO. 

wings, I agree with you. I'm not saying these things to defend Yo as much as I am to point out that they/we all do it - but only Yo is being held accountable.*

I think Kyle meant emotionally.  And that can mean physically functioning, clearly.  

She might have meant it that way.  But she didn't say it exactly like that. Why is she held to a lesser standard.  LVP said that she champions LGBT.  And that because of that, now we have marriage equality! Guffaw. They all do this.  Misspeak, exaggerate, flat out lie.

*I'm also not saying these things to be irritating.  Although by being so, I think I'm making my point about how irritating it is when someone's words (theirs or ours!) are analyzed and picked apart ad infinitum. :-)

• Love 6

Assuming LVP said, "there goes our fucking storyline," what does it mean?

(a)  Ken misspoke and now the focus is going to be on making a comment about a sick woman's looks

(b)  A light went off in LVP's head that the whole season should focus on sick or not Yolanda is (according to Rinna Harry said they should support her sick or not)

©  Rinna was forced into coming up with the Munchausen's comment to move the storyline along 

If it is (a) I can see where LVP didn't want too big a deal made of Ken's comments.  Yolanda has admitted to the no make-up to bring awareness.

If it is (b) does that mean they really don't need producers and writers because they just go with what LVP sees as the storyline because she is so manipulative

If it is © did Rinna just use the hairdresser as a vehicle to move the story along, was there ever such a conversation, or something Rinna manufactured 

I saw the clip on WWHL, and the guest had no idea what the comment meant.

I took it to mean. There it is, OUR storyline for this season.....

• Love 3

I want Kathryn back next year just for her blogs.

I will also say this...at this stage of the game, for me, as I have stated all along, I believe that the onus lies with Rinna. She can't, in the 24th hour, try to pin this one on anyone else, regardless of what happened...and I have no clue as to what went down.

I feel like a broken record, but I have to say it again...Rinna, you made the choice to talk about it. You're a strong, smart woman. I know you've owned it and apologized...I just don't know if it was smart to implicate others to take the pressure off yourself.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/kathryn-edwards/kathryn-edwards-i-believe-the

HAHA WAS THAT A READ KATHRYN.

• Love 5

nope, completely weary is not as bad as completely bedridden imo [edit: they both would suck equally...probably]

nope, completely weary doesn't mean incapacitated

I do think that everyone, especially the housewives, should avoid using absolutes when possible.

Interesting deflection onto one comment made by Kyle when trying to negate years of Yo's intentional lying (and misinformation). Yo exaggerates and lies so frequently that it seems to be the norm for her. I don't think she is just exaggerating but a combination of lies and exaggerations. Regardless, the context of Kyle's use of debilitated seems to be emotional rather than physical.

It's not deflection, it's an attempt to show that Yolanda is not that different, it's an attempt to humanize a woman who people seem to want to think the absolute worst of in any and all situations and write off as a human being.

• Love 5
I get what you are pointing out and I agree to an extent but.......(LOL)......We didn't witness this on the show and can't really compare the 2. Maybe Kyle behaved like Yolanda, exaggerate everything and make everything all about her, her needs, her demands, her, her, her but since we didn't get to witness it on any show, we can't really compare them without more info. LOL

Yeah, generally I totally agree with this principle. Most people use exaggerated language without people calling them on it and Yo should totally be able to do that too. There's plenty of times where I think even she gets a pass on it. But what I would say is a major difference is that whatever Kyle is saying about this part of her life she's never claimed to have been anything but basically functional during those years after her mother's death. So when she says her depression was "completely debilitating" the context is already there that she's just using exaggerated language.

Yolanda, otoh, is a point of her illness taking over her life and demanding that people understand it it's not surprising that people take what she says more literally. She really is sick so she really could be mostly bedridden. And she won't hesitate to shame other people for not responding to her the right way, after all.

I mean, Kyle has plenty of things about her personality that she gets criticized for--in fact, she has her own brand of martyrdom that's been called out (and rightly so, imo). This isn't just about using sloppy language, it's part of Yolanda's whole personality of living the exalted life while other people let her down. Does that mean she can't ever use exaggerated language about her illness? Not at all. She should have as much freedom as anybody else to say "this illness is completely debilitating" when she's been seen walking to the kitchen or whatever. 

So yeah, I don't see it as a big lie when someone says "I haven't been out of this bathrobe for a year" when they in fact were seen wearing culottes last Tuesday morning and here's proof on Instagram. But I do think Yolanda's statements about her well-being are, in context, naturally going to be taken someone differently. Doesn't mean she should be held to a ridiculous standard of accuracy, but she raised the stakes there. 

• Love 5

weary is a synonym for debilitated

immobilized is a synonym for bedridden

Synonym, schnonym.  I want definitions:

impairing the strength and vitality

make (someone) weak and infirm

And she said completely debilitated, impaired, weak.  Either emotionally or physically, the proof says she was not completely.  Debilitated, probably.  Completely, not.  To be honest, I don't care if they do this and I feel silly arguing it and I'll stop, but it bugs when one is held to a different standard. 

Yo exaggerates and lies so frequently that it seems to be the norm for her. I don't think she is just exaggerating but a combination of lies and exaggerations. Regardless, the context of Kyle's use of debilitated seems to be emotional rather than physical.

I agree. But I also am considering the fact that she is the only one whose every misspeak/lie/exaggeration is analyzed to death by them and us.  We could pick any of the HW, laser focus on every word that came out of her mouth and we'd have similar results. 

And I understand this is how it works for the villain du jour.  (Please don't take the 'du jour' part literally.  I just don't know how to say villain 'of the season' in French. ;-)

• Love 4

wings, I agree with you. I'm not saying these things to defend Yo as much as I am to point out that they/we all do it - but only Yo is being held accountable.*

She might have meant it that way.  But she didn't say it exactly like that. Why is she held to a lesser standard.  LVP said that she champions LGBT.  And that because of that, now we have marriage equality! Guffaw. They all do this.  Misspeak, exaggerate, flat out lie.

*I'm also not saying these things to be irritating.  Although by being so, I think I'm making my point about how irritating it is when someone's words (theirs or ours!) are analyzed and picked apart ad infinitum. :-)

I agree that many people speak in absolutes. My mother does it all the time and it drives me crazy actually, haha. Absolutes are easily forgotten when it's made here and there. We're human, we're all subject to doing this from time to time. In context, Yolanda's use of absolutes are likely to draw more conclusion just by the sheer extent of discussion that she surrounds herself when it comes to her illness. She's always talking about it and displaying her journey. There are good and bad moments but when you have many examples of good moments that contradict so many of those absolute statements, I personally think it's fair to say 'what's going on here?'. I do think Yolanda provided a fair explanation when addressing LVP's question. Enough for people on here to give her a break - at the very least about that criticism.

Similarly, if you're in the middle of an argument with someone and they try to take what you did and use an absolute statement such as 'you always do this to me', wouldn't you have some sort of reaction to that? It's just as human to react to those kinds of statements as it is to use them.

• Love 3

I'm not saying post treatment Lyme disease doesn't exsist. But Yolanda has been clear that she doesn't have post treatment Lyme she has chronic neurological Lyme.

I was commenting to when you said this:

There have been so many articles and studies linked on this forum that show that CLD does not exsist.

The CDC says it does, they just call it a different name.  I have to be honest with ya - I don't pay a lot of attention to what Yolanda says about her treatments and her diagnosis.  I don't even pay that much attention to the talk here about it.  My whole purpose in life today seems to be to only point out that we all misspeak. LOL. 

• Love 5

How does "completely debilitated" present?

It's useless Kokapetl.

Yo has mentioned all the time that she has her good days and her bad days but then she needs to apparently caption each and every selfie on instagram as #goodday #badday or else all bets are off. I'm completely blown away at the list of offenses that all stem from one major gripe. Yolanda doesn't spell each and every mood out in exactly the way it seems on her social media or the way it's being interpreted by the other women or by the 365 day calendar timeline she should always and accurately refer to before making claims that involve mood, place, and the time space continuum. It's amazing the level of precision that is required from her. I personally wouldn't be able to keep up with such demands either even if I were completely healthy.. LOL.

• Love 5

I was commenting to when you said this:

The CDC says it does, they just call it a different name.  I have to be honest with ya - I don't pay a lot of attention to what Yolanda says about her treatments and her diagnosis.  I don't even pay that much attention to the talk here about it.  My whole purpose in life today seems to be to only point out that we all misspeak. LOL.

I really don't want to argue but I didn't mispeak. I stated chronic Lyme does not exsist but post treatment lyme does. Yo does not say she has post treatment lyme she says she has chronic lyme. Just because people say chronic when they mean post treatment does not make chronic lyme exsist.

• Love 13

I agree. But I also am considering the fact that she is the only one whose every misspeak/lie/exaggeration is analyzed to death by them and us. 

LVP's language gets picked apart to death by them and here as well.  It happened just last night on the reunion.  In Dubai she said she never called Rinna, last night she said rarely ever, and Rinna stood up with a whopping 10 calls (which in my world is rare for a friend) carrying on like she just discovered who Jack the Ripper really was.  LVP's words, inflections, facial expressions, you name it are constantly called into question for their veracity or genuine nature.  Yolanda isn't the only one who gets verbally skewered.

• Love 24

I agree that many people speak in absolutes. My mother does it all the time and it drives me crazy actually, haha. Absolutes are easily forgotten when it's made here and there. We're human, we're all subject to doing this from time to time. In context, Yolanda's use of absolutes are likely to draw more conclusion just by the sheer extent of discussion that she surrounds herself when it comes to her illness. She's always talking about it and displaying her journey. There are good and bad moments but when you have many examples of good moments that contradict so many of those absolute statements, I personally think it's fair to say 'what's going on here?'. I do think Yolanda provided a fair explanation when addressing LVP's question. Enough for people on here to give her a break - at the very least about that criticism.

Similarly, if you're in the middle of an argument with someone and they try to take what you did and use an absolute statement such as 'you always do this to me', wouldn't you have some sort of reaction to that? It's just as human to react to those kinds of statements as it is to use them.

Not only do they engage in hyperbole and talk in absolutes "You never have my back" as an example, They also think in such a linear fashion as it becomes almost childlike or lacking of simple logic. It's like they live in a bubble. 

For example, I am not defending Yo, I think she is full of crap, BUT anyone who has had a chronic illness, or known someone who has a chronic or long term illness understands that you have good days and bad days. On the good days you can go for a walk or to a restaurant. Then you have a bad day and you can't move. You don't have to be an MD to get that. But these some of these bitchz think that because Yo goes out to lunch, then posts a sick selfie the next day she must be a faker. I mean, what are they, 12 years old? And I'm sorry, who hasn't heard of Munchhausen's or psychosomatic illnesses? They talk like they just jetted in from another galaxy. Either they are lying or they are straight up dumb. 

• Love 6

For those who did not watch the show, what was so bad about LVP?

Thanks for responding, it was not a dig toward you , I was seriously wondering how she could still be so fit while laying down for months, now I know ;-)

As far as yoyo, promoting all this quackery is misinformation, IMO.

She came across as her old self last night and it seems that she accepted her divorce from David and honestly she looked peaceful and well.

I think that she meant it when she said that she is done marrying. She has been hurt by David and is finally financially and professionally established.

I watched it and although she was/is a bad dancer, her behavior wasn't an issue. In fact, it seems she and her former dance partner still keep in touch with each other. .  

• Love 6

I tend to agree that we're sometimes too literal in responding to Yolanda's comments.  I'm from SoCal, hyperbole is pretty common around here, I don't think some of her comments, like the walk/walk thing or the "I haven't worn makeup in two years" one are a big deal.  Others, however, are shockingly ignorant and worthy of continuous criticism.  Just to pick from last night, I don't get how living a natural life involves implanting some kind of hormone-regulating device.  That seems like a contradiction that should be explored, before she starts selling health more aggressively.

Side note- she's always been selling health to us (lemons! cleanses!) with a sideline in relationships, that might trigger some of the intense questions/comments.  It's not challenging a sick woman; it's challenging a salesperson.  We should all challenge the claims of salespeople, imho.

I'm not sure that her admitting to good and bad days would be sufficient because for me with my admittedly-limited view of her life's activities it sometimes feels like the activity determines whether it's a good day as much as any actual health issues.  A scavenger hunt she organized, a trip to NYC to receive an award- those are good days.  Lunch with friends- good day.  Dinner with coworkers- too sick.  It feels convenient, like she uses health issues she may have to avoid saying that she doesn't want to do things.  

So I guess I think that's what she'd have to do: admit that there are some things she actually cares to do with her time so she can push through and things she doesn't want to do so she, y'know, doesn't.  There's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.  It'd actually be kind of badass, and she could avoid creating moments where she tells elaborate tales that make people question her honesty overall.  It's never a simple "I don't feel well" with her (see, there's my SoCal hyperbole).  It's "my brain is swollen."  Say you're disinterested, avoid the excuse, avoid the questions that excuse can bring.  Easy!

In a way she's sort of similar to LVP.  LVP sticks to this nonsense about how she's not manipulative or encouraging people to do things on camera when she could own up to it and still be a perfectly reasonable, entertaining character.  "There goes our fucking storyline" could be more a joke than a lament (and it probably was, though I'm going to continue treating it like it was some serious offense because that makes the show fun for me).  And in general encouraging people on reality shows to actually discuss things on camera doesn't feel wrong or evil to me.  She and Yolanda both could benefit from...I dunno if "transparency" is the word but it's what comes to mind. 

Kyle's defense of Faye once again made me see her sister's point.  She's never done that for Kim (on camera).  Maybe it's because Kim got paid and Faye doesn't?  That's how I interpreted Kyle's comments, by the way.  If Faye were full time getting paid, she might not be so protective of her.

I love this post, especially about the sales job. The shot of her medicine shelf and Rinna/Eileen's reactions to it, were one of the honest moments this season. I can only imagine the total cost of the supplements alone!! I bet David felt the housewives weren't the only sharks swimming around WoYo.

Yes, when it comes to LVP, she could certainly be more genuine. I think her biggest problem is that she's a big joker and employs a great deal of sarcasm...I know, I'm just like that! I get what makes her tick. What I have realized, but I'm not being filmed for a reality show, is that not everyone picks up on the sarcasm or understands that you are actually joking. There's a time and place for that and LVP either doesn't see that OR she does see it and uses it to her advantage and possibly to hurt feelings. It certainly can be used as a dig. You never know with that one. With that said, it's also convenient to twists LVPs words after the fact...did she say like, there goes our storyline. A good example of bad timing was joking about Portia being the other woman. Clearly, a joke, but not a welcome one.

I remember being at a soccer game (traveled 5 hours to get there for a regional tournament) sitting in the stands in pouring rain, it felt like a monsoon, all darn day, soaked to the bone. I was joking with other parents in the stands that it would be easier to watch the game in a wet suit. I got smiling nods and chuckles in agreement, except, one mom looked at me all seriously and said, "why bother to change now, when you are wet already" OMG what a dingbat. The sarcasm went right over her head when it couldn't have been anymore obvious.

• Love 8

Yoyo earned what she got this year from the viewers.

I have to disagree there.  I don't think anyone who is sick - mentally, physically, because of an addiction - deserves to be dragged like she was.  Sure there should be some kick back for some of her stuff - I certainly dogged her when it came to the little hearts on the place cards, her treatment of Marissa and Joyce.  Even for some of her stupid selfies.  But I can't, in good conscience, say she deserves what she got from the viewers. But I understand if others do.

Looks like she shut down her Instagram which is a step in the right direction. Would someone check that for me?  It won't load.  Hopefully her haters won't start flooding the kids' accounts if they can't get to her directly.

• Love 8

how do we know that the people transporting the ponies for LVP didn't hobble and/or tranquilize the ponies?

No vet in their right mind would tranq and then put a pair of mini horses on a regular plane. I can see that LVP  is an animal activist, she doesn't care about animal welfare?

For those who did not watch the show, what was so bad about LVP?

(SNIPED)

I probably won't explain it well but she was one of those celebs that come on with no talent and had no sense of humor or grace about it. She didn't seem to put the time and effort into training because she was so busy elsewhere and her poor performance was always something other then her fault. She used her usual shick of Giggy and sexual innuendo to cover her poor efforts and both seemed to fall flat with the voting audience. I found her performances and attitude to be cringe worthy and I was embarrassed for her. She also fainted on the dance floor and lots of people thought it was fake because she was doing so poorly with the voters. She also just came off dated, defensive and not fabulous or fun.
  • Love 6

I think there is a difference between a person who exaggerates once in a while and a person who has a pattern of exaggerating, overstating and downright lying.  Yo does this when it comes to her illness, the illness itself (Lyme Disease) and what other people may say to her in conversation.

Note to Yo:  It's rude to whisper to someone when other people are present.  I learned that from you.

The CDC states:

Although sometimes called "chronic Lyme disease," this condition is properly known as "Post-treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome" (PTLDS).

Calling it CLD is different from PTLDS.  CLD is saying that the infection is ongoing.  PTLDS is saying the lingering symptoms are the result of residual damage to tissues and the immune system that occurred during the infection.  There is no scientific evidence or studies that support CLD.  That's why it's properly known as PTLDS. 

Yo calls it CLD because she believes she has an ongoing infection of Lyme.  Her life mission is to find the cure.  The cure already exists.  Damage caused by Lyme is something else entirely.

• Love 24

LVP's language gets picked apart to death by them and here as well.  It happened just last night on the reunion.  In Dubai she said she never called Rinna, last night she said rarely ever, and Rinna stood up with a whopping 10 calls (which in my world is rare for a friend) carrying on like she just discovered who Jack the Ripper really was.  LVP's words, inflections, facial expressions, you name it are constantly called into question for their veracity or genuine nature.  Yolanda isn't the only one who gets verbally skewered.

That's true, and Rinna's behavior was cringeworthy I thought, as was Erika's outright glee at Rinna standing with the "Bass Lake footage" to (hopefully! with any luck!) skewer Lisa V.  

Some poster somewhere (so sorry my memory is like a sieve) said something about how ridic the whole inquisition was -- the damning evidence! Tha standing up and proving! The phone calls! and it is. I couldn't really give a fig how many times Lisa phoned Lisa or even if she actually did say "there goes our storyline". It's the tv version of TL;DR.

• Love 9

Actually I would call Yolanda's suicidal ideations with method, not plan. A plan would mean, next Thursday at 1000 I plan to drive to the train and throw myself on the tracks. Method means I have thought about how I would do it and just to be technical,. I would assess Yolanda's ideations without any intent at all but merely fleeting thoughts involving being better off dead than active desire to be dead.

Bravo already had one of it's stars get run over by a train..........It may be too soon, but I say, never waste a chance?

• Love 1

I probably won't explain it well but she was one of those celebs that come on with no talent and had no sense of humor or grace about it. She didn't seem to put the time and effort into training because she was so busy elsewhere and her poor performance was always something other then her fault. She used her usual shick of Giggy and sexual innuendo to cover her poor efforts and both seemed to fall flat with the voting audience. I found her performances and attitude to be cringe worthy and I was embarrassed for her. She also fainted on the dance floor and lots of people thought it was fake because she was doing so poorly with the voters. She also just came off dated, defensive and not fabulous or fun.

Thanks.:-)

I watched it and although she was/is a bad dancer, her behavior wasn't an issue. In fact, it seems she and her former dance partner still keep in touch with each other. .  

In addition, I know a someone on the production side who worked her on something prior to DWTS who said she was a dream.  Then, he worked with her on DWTS and said she was a bitch (I almost said a 'complete and utter' bitch but she might have had one nice moment. LOL)

• Love 5

I love this post, especially about the sales job. The shot of her medicine shelf and Rinna/Eileen's reactions to it, were one of the honest moments this season. I can only imagine the total cost of the supplements alone!! I bet David felt the housewives weren't the only sharks swimming around WoYo.

Yes, when it comes to LVP, she could certainly be more genuine. I think her biggest problem is that she's a big joker and employs a great deal of sarcasm...I know, I'm just like that! I get what makes her tick. What I have realized, but I'm not being filmed for a reality show, is that not everyone picks up on the sarcasm or understands that you are actually joking. There's a time and place for that and LVP either doesn't see that OR she does see it and uses it to her advantage and possibly to hurt feelings. It certainly can be used as a dig. You never know with that one. With that said, it's also convenient to twists LVPs words after the fact...did she say like, there goes our storyline. A good example of bad timing was joking about Portia being the other woman. Clearly, a joke, but not a welcome one.

I remember being at a soccer game (traveled 5 hours to get there for a regional tournament) sitting in the stands in pouring rain, it felt like a monsoon, all darn day, soaked to the bone. I was joking with other parents in the stands that it would be easier to watch the game in a wet suit. I got smiling nods and chuckles in agreement, except, one mom looked at me all seriously and said, "why bother to change now, when you are wet already" OMG what a dingbat. The sarcasm went right over her head when it couldn't have been anymore obvious.

Does this mean her farts really do stink?

This is my take as well.  I don't mind hyperbole.  It's calculated hyperbole that bugs me.  Someone can say this is the best burger in the world, or I haven't had food this good in forever, and you understand what they mean and no umbrage is taken.  Calculated hyperbole for me is when someone uses the exaggeration to constantly make their issues seem worse than anyone else has ever had to go through.   It's dismissive of others and an attempt to play into your own martyrdom. That's when I call it out.  When it's used as a tool.  (Or if we want to go all hyperbolic....a weapon.)

I believe and this applies across the board, when a person makes an observation please, please, please stop using the word judging or being judgmental.  The observation is only judgmental when someone disagrees.  Same with the word labeling.  Rinna never labeled Yolanda anything, she labeled Kim and addict and she did call Brandi a drunk. Hmmm.....somehow I don't either should be that surprised with that characterization.

Yolanda's hyperbole, I can't read, I can't watch TV, then why is it she has a comment about everyone's behavior?

I think there is a difference between a person who exaggerates once in a while and a person who has a pattern of exaggerating, overstating and downright lying.  Yo does this when it comes to her illness, the illness itself (Lyme Disease) and what other people may say to her in conversation.

Note to Yo:  It's rude to whisper to someone when other people are present.  I learned that from you.

The CDC states:

Although sometimes called "chronic Lyme disease," this condition is properly known as "Post-treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome" (PTLDS).

Calling it CLD is different from PTLDS.  CLD is saying that the infection is ongoing.  PTLDS is saying the lingering symptoms are the result of residual damage to tissues and the immune system that occurred during the infection.  There is no scientific evidence or studies that support CLD.  That's why it's properly known as PTLDS. 

Yo calls it CLD because she believes she has an ongoing infection of Lyme.  Her life mission is to find the cure.  The cure already exists.  Damage caused by Lyme is something else entirely.

So well put.  That has been the difference for Yolanda and now her children.  I think Yolanda started feeling a whole lot better once she signed her book deal and signed Anwar with IMG. 

• Love 6

Even though the CDC calls it "Post-treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome" (PTLDS), they acknowledge that it's sometimes called chronic lyme disease.  So some of the laymen and the sufferers are not calling it PTLDS.  With swollen brains, how can they be expected to remember that?  The CDC doesn't exactly say it doesn't exist. 

http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/postlds/

Topic?

Kyle's reunion hair was not good.  I think she had recently cut and didn't know what to do with it.  Or maybe it's because it was styled so differently than what we see that it takes some getting used to.  The curls were erratic and not in a good way like they can be in choppy layers.

Yeah, that link says it takes months for some patients to feel better....What year are we on with Yolanda?

That's why I think she's full of shit. All the remedies she's searched the world for are making her sick, if she even is still sick. I don't know that I believe Yolanda is just such the special butterfly that her Lyme disease is the 5 years strain, when everyone else's is apparently solved within months to a year.

Edited by Watermelon
  • Love 9

In addition, I know a someone on the production side who worked her on something prior to DWTS who said she was a dream.  Then, he worked with her on DWTS and said she was a bitch (I almost said a 'complete and utter' bitch but she might have had one nice moment. LOL)

For me DWTS was my turning point with LVP. I now just find her rather sad and out of touch but on the other hand the other housewives act like she's committed some horrible crime. They should ignore her and when you have to engage just be polite and she'll not have any storyline all...
  • Love 2

My, my this board is hoppiing!

Can someone explain to me (if there a reason other than Lisa Rinna being a bitch) -- why there's even any debate about who starting and continued the Munchausen questions about Yolanda. It was clearly Lisa RInna. Also, Lisa VP was NOT the major force behind the questions about whether the kids had Lyme Disease. Lisa VP if I recalled correctly is not the one who prolonged the questions about that either. Kyle asked Lisa VP, knowing that she knows MOhammed, "well what does Mohammed say?" And Lisa answered, saying 'No.' Kyle, pressing the issue, said "so he said they don't have it?" And it was then, after being asked twice about it that she said, :he says they're fine. Shae also might have "he says they don't have it."

But in neither of these cases, talking about Munchausen or the kinds having Lyme Disease -- Lisa Lisa VP start it, OR press the issue. I also think it's clear that even time it was brought up she was obviously uneasy about talking about it. I think she does feel it's not for her to talk about…not Yolanda's illness or the kids.  She may have taken part in conversations. But her comments were short. She didn't embellish. And I think it's clear is always said, "I don't know about Yolanda I only know what she says and or Mohammed says."

I don't know whether Lisa VP is trying to stay above it all or what. But if I were her I'd be all in Lisa Rinna's shit for trying to say I started it. Oh. hell. to. the. no.

2) I'm not sure how intelligent these women are. Anyone who knows anything at all about Lyme Disease, and some auto-immune diseases knows the symptoms can be very individual. How can they NOT know that LD is an illness where you CAN be fine one day and flat on your back on another day? So what she posted pictures of her on a boat. That doesn't' mean she's exploiting her illness. These women are a piece of work.

3) And just because David -- from what we saw -- didn't care for Yolanda 24/7 by himself, doesn't' mean he wasn't a caregiver. No one ever said he sat by her bedside all day and all night. We don't know how much he actually took care of her. I have no problem with Yolanda saying David was "a" caregiver. Because chronic illness does take a toll on BOTH parties in a marriage.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 7

She did WHAT? I don't follow her, so I had no idea. Between her ED on this show... my fave soap actresses aren't holding up too well. 

I hadn't heard of this woman before, but it was in the news after the Emmys: 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/nancy-lee-grahn-heartbroken-after-viola-davis-emmys-2015-backlash-2015229

After Davis' emotional speech, an unsatisfied Grahn took to her verified Twitter account and railed against the How to Get Away With Murder star. "Im a f--king actress for 40 yrs. None of us get respect or opportunity we deserve," she tweeted at the time. "Emmys not venue 4 racial opportunity. ALL women belittled."
  • Love 1

I think LVP does not see her behavoir as manipulative because she believes everyone has their own agency and cannot fathom saying something controversial to please someone else. She may have "encouraged " Lisar to say Munchausens or been " directional" but wouldn't beleive in a million years that Rinna would say munchausens on camera she if didn't beleive it or be willing to stand behind it. People like LVP have a hard time believing people like Lisar exsist . Lol , I'm joking but I really do think it's a comparing apples to spaceship situation ( holla Carole) when you compare their definitions of manipulation . Lisar gave all of her power to LVP when she never asked or wanted it. I hope this makes as much sense in writing as it does my own mind.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 17

I'd also like to retire the phrase "lying liar who lies" since it basically applies to any and all of the HWs, and yet it only gets selectively used when someone already hates a HW and just wants justification for it. 

Also, I'd like to see the producers hire some of the OC cast to be HW archivists/attack dogs. They can keep track of phone bills, emails, texts for the BH crew. 

• Love 6

I tend to agree that we're sometimes too literal in responding to Yolanda's comments.  I'm from SoCal, hyperbole is pretty common around here, I don't think some of her comments, like the walk/walk thing or the "I haven't worn makeup in two years" one are a big deal.  Others, however, are shockingly ignorant and worthy of continuous criticism.  Just to pick from last night, I don't get how living a natural life involves implanting some kind of hormone-regulating device.  That seems like a contradiction that should be explored, before she starts selling health more aggressively.

Side note- she's always been selling health to us (lemons! cleanses!) with a sideline in relationships, that might trigger some of the intense questions/comments.  It's not challenging a sick woman; it's challenging a salesperson.  We should all challenge the claims of salespeople, imho.

I'm not sure that her admitting to good and bad days would be sufficient because for me with my admittedly-limited view of her life's activities it sometimes feels like the activity determines whether it's a good day as much as any actual health issues.  A scavenger hunt she organized, a trip to NYC to receive an award- those are good days.  Lunch with friends- good day.  Dinner with coworkers- too sick.  It feels convenient, like she uses health issues she may have to avoid saying that she doesn't want to do things.  

So I guess I think that's what she'd have to do: admit that there are some things she actually cares to do with her time so she can push through and things she doesn't want to do so she, y'know, doesn't.  There's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion.  It'd actually be kind of badass, and she could avoid creating moments where she tells elaborate tales that make people question her honesty overall.  It's never a simple "I don't feel well" with her (see, there's my SoCal hyperbole).  It's "my brain is swollen."  Say you're disinterested, avoid the excuse, avoid the questions that excuse can bring.  Easy!

[snip]

Good post.  The hyperbole you speak of is not isolated to SoCA, it is everywhere!  We live in a society that loves extreme modifiers.  A perfect example of the incorrect and constant use of the word awesome!  :>) 

To all posters who suffer from chronic disease, know that those of us who do not believe or are critical of Yo are actually supporting you.  She is making a mockery of serious conditions.  

• Love 9
Ironic how Kyle tries to shut down criticism of Faye "who's not part of the show" (but keeps showing up) but she wouldn't do the same for her own sister.

I feel like every time Kyle tried to shut down conversations about her sister, there were comments about how she "isn't allowed" to do that. 

• Love 5

3) And just because David -- from what we saw -- didn't care for Yolanda 24/7 by himself, doesn't' mean he wasn't a caregiver. No one ever said he sat by her bedside all day and all night. We don't know how much he actually took care of her. I have no problem with Yolanda saying David was "a" caregiver. Because chronic illness does take a toll on BOTH parties in a marriage.

This.  I sat on my hands when I read that post because I thought I might be a little touchy about how caregivers are disregarded and I'm aware how much of a toll it takes on a family.  I don't live with my parents but am considered one of my father's caregivers. (Suck it, Rinna.) If I wanted to or needed the money, I could file papers with the state to recognize myself as such and actually earn money doing so. My point is that you don't have to even be living with an individual to be recognized as a caregiver.

Yo posted pics at the end of her marriage alluding to being lonely and that David was gone a lot.  However, we have no idea how much he acted as her caregiver over the course of their marriage.  To insinuate that he was not there in that capacity or to definitively say that he was not her caregiver is unfair.   Even though I think he's an asshole.    

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 6

There were also many stories in the media at the time that the rest of the folks on the show didn't like her. Reports of her acting very elitist around the others. Someone mentioned the fact that she kept showing up to rehearsal with that damned dog (and of course Ken). Others who had dogs found someone to mind them while they were doing the show, but she seemed to think of herself as a special flower and therefore it was OK for her. That was one of the reasons that others suspected she faked the faint (I am talking about others outside of the RH show; it was speculated on before Kyle, Brandi and the gang mocked her that the faint didn't look real). Because she wasn't well liked, wasn't doing a good job, and basically was looking for a reason to end it all.

• Love 10

IMO opinion this long list of lies that Yo has told is imagined. To me it's more a bunch of contradictions. Contradictions are not lies it just means that Yo isn't too interested in presenting a clean and polished account of anything for anyone's approval.

I do think that she gets in her own way and creates even more contradictions without meaning to. She generalizes her experiences and tries to encompass a message within a few pieces of information over and over again. Even though she's obviously not hiding her struggles she also feels that the basics should be enough to explain what's going on with her for those that don't go passed the surface with her.  I think she has a set of information that she's ready to share for those curious and interested in her "journey" but who aren't really too invested in her day to day battle with her illness.  This set of information involves these superficial items/comments/explanations:

-The white robe

-Good days and bad days

-Journey

-Bedridden

-Lyme brain

-Frozen saunas

-Generalized descriptions of yada yada yada

I think she feels that should be sufficient for people who don't care to dig any deeper on a genuine note. I don't think that's wrong. I think it goes south when, which is her point this season, if any of what's listed above doesn't sit well to the point that it sparks discussions and DOUBT among the women then, here's a thought,  try to get questions answered in an authentic setting.  No I don't mean confronting Yolanda and peppering her with the selfish need to know this that and the other or call her out. I mean, dive in. Be an inner friend with genuine contact and I think her point is that if that were done then the answers will present themselves organically over the course of continuous interactions with her. Conversation would be easier to initiate and even more information could be shared because the atmosphere isn't forced. It's plain to see for me.

Not that she's demanding their company just that if it's worth talking about to the degree that the women are discussing it then wouldn't it makes sense that it's important enough to be more regularly invested with Yolanda in general?  If the answer is no then the superficial, generalized template is all that you require. Nothing more nothing less. I think it makes sense that when Yolanda speaks of certain things the "versions" vary because she's just recycling the basics and isn't really inclined to give them anything more than, refer to points listed above. 

This season was her annoyance that they were requiring her to go deeper and give more intimate details in order for them to "understand" better when in her mind they didn't deserve anymore than the bullpoints she's already put out there. Anything deeper than that shouldn't just be demanded. It should be acquired organically over time through observing her and accompanying her through it. That may sound like a lot but I don't think so for what they wanted from her. I don't think she's trying to keep stuff a secret I just think she resents the idea that she's required to distribute information ito them at their bequest and in detail when it can be acquired by natural and authentic contact with her. That's been her point. Either be there or don't but there are two sets of information that can be had. The superficial bullet points for those not interested in taking their "concern" that far and the more detailed versions that are reserved for those who are actually bringing something to the table regularly. Nothing wrong with that. I'm more offended that the women don't respect the right Yolanda has to implement this in HER life and regarding HER struggles.

She sticks to her template. It's a pre-printed form and all she does is change up timeframes, trip locations that sort of thing but the surrounding info stays the same. Lyme,check, brainfog, check, fatigue, check,  robe, check, my prince, check so I can see why her stories may seem not so clean cut because she doesn't want to give away the complete story to people who don't care enough to have a positive place in it.  That's my take anyway..

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

Ugh Nancy Grahn

I hadn't heard of this woman before, but it was in the news after the Emmys: 

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/nancy-lee-grahn-heartbroken-after-viola-davis-emmys-2015-backlash-2015229

tweets-by-nancy-lee-grahn.jpg?w=600

That first tweet claiming that Viola Davis, a dark skin black woman has never experienced racism? What the What? I was flames licking at the side of my face angry when I read that. Her twitter drag was epic and beautimous. 

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

LisaV making the excuse that Ken didn't say Yo looked awful to her face was the unintentional laugh of the night. What is that logic?!?

• Love 8

Well this reunion is a bore so far.

I dont care Yolanda and David are divorcing, I'm sure EVERYONE was just SHOCKED i tell you. What else can they say to the sick old lady. 

I don't care for Erica because I dont know her, who is she. One minute she is laughing it up with her entourage the next she is stone faced in front of the BH crew. Give me a little inbetween! I do like her when she laughs and jokes, but she takes a total different attitude around some people. I also think her husband has her on a tight leash, I dont for one second think she could get half as she claimed or that he values her like she says. 

LisaR shut up, and LisaV stand up for yourself. I cant see the cunning manipulative master when she gets all meak. It's annoying

• Love 4

Can someone explain to me (if there a reason other than Lisa Rinna being a bitch) -- why there's even any debate about who starting and continued the Munchausen questions about Yolanda. 

Because it's simple.  Rinna is trying to make someone else responsible for what came out of her mouth.  Lisa V may have done what Rinna is accusing her of, I haven't seen any evidence damning her though.  And at this point, I don't care.  The onus is STILL on Rinna for starting the conversation in public and on camera to begin with.  She can stand up with phone records all she wants, what she's failing to understand is SHE STILL STARTED IT.  And therein lies the issue if you ask me.  Kathryn said she took responsibility and apologized, but she isn't taking responsibility.  She's saying "Yeah, I did it...but-"  and that's not taking responsibility for what you've done.

Eileen also seems to be missing this point.  Because she continues to back up Rinna and fan the flames as if Rinna has done nothing wrong and was simply a pawn.  That's bullshit.  Rinna knew what she was saying and doing regardless of who or what pushed her to do it.  She's an adult.  End of story.

And in this case, it's very much "Hey Rinna...thou doth protest WAYYYY too much."  Sit down, shutup.  You are wrong.  Period.  Even if Lisa V had said what Rinna says she did (which I don't think she did as anything more than a joke) I still put the responsibility on Rinna's shoulders.  And she needs to stop.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 15

I think LVP does not see her behavoir as manipulative because she believes everyone has their own agency and cannot fathom saying something controversial to please someone else. She may have "encouraged " Lisar to say Munchausens or been " directional" but wouldn't beleive in a million years that Rinna would say munchausens on camera she if didn't beleive it or be willing to stand behind it. People like LVP have a hard time beleiving people like Lisar exsist . Lol , I'm joking but I really do think it's a comparing apples to spaceship situation ( holla Carole) when you compare their definitions of manipulation . Lisar gave all of her power to LVP when she never asked or wanted it. I hope this makes as much sense in writing as it does my own mind.

I see you have this in quotes so probably agree that the word directional is not properly used!  When I first heard Rinna stay this to wiggle out of having called LVP manipulative, I chuckled.   Oh Lisar, what are they going to do to you next season, buckle up! 

They all manipulate conversations and actions to cover their own images.  This applies to everyone not just LVP.    LVP is subtle, Rinna hits you on the head with it.  

She was smiling, nodding and sucking up to Erika by agreeing that she should patent her pat the puss move.  Oh please.    

• Love 7

LVP's language gets picked apart to death by them and here as well. It happened just last night on the reunion. In Dubai she said she never called Rinna, last night she said rarely ever, and Rinna stood up with a whopping 10 calls (which in my world is rare for a friend) carrying on like she just discovered who Jack the Ripper really was. LVP's words, inflections, facial expressions, you name it are constantly called into question for their veracity or genuine nature. Yolanda isn't the only one who gets verbally skewered.

I agree that much of the time their words get picked apart too much. The thing with LVP was different. It wasn't that she misspoke; it was that she was adamant during the initial conversation that she had never spoken to Lisar on the phone. Lisar challenged her and LVP denied it 3 times, using the word "never". The problem with that is she was calling Lisar a liar. If Lisar is saying these conversations happened on the phone, and LVP denies ever talking to her on the phone, than Lisar is a liar. That is the problem there. It would be like someone saying they saw Yo walking down the stairs, and Yo saying "I haven't walked down the stairs in 18 months", and sticking to that no matter what. Generally, when Yo is challenged, she cops to whatever it is (although she sounds ridiculous), making some type of excuse.

I hate these things about LVP for the same reason I hate them about Yo. I get that we try to take Yo too literally some times. The problem is that Yo often uses these types of exaggerations to make others look bad.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10