Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I could've heard incorrectly, but I thought LVP told LR, "I rarely call you." Then LR went all hysterical and pulled out pieces of paper out of her little pocketbook or from under the sofa, wherever they came from to show that LVP had indeed called her.

I thought I was mis-remembering since I hadn't seen anyone else bring this up here - so thank you!

Yes, I heard Lisa say that she either "rarely" or "hardly ever" calls Lisar "at home" and then Lisar jumped up with an "ahha" and the phone records.  It was like she was all set to play Perry Mason and didn't bother to listen to what Lisa actually said.  In my conspiracy-addled mind I'm thinking that Lisa has previously made the "never" statement but got wind of Lisar's phone records trick and changed her wording at the last moment.  There must be a spy lurking around Lisar's dressing room...

• Love 4

So visiting Yolanda in person is equal to reading what Yolanda disseminates on social media?

And this can be proven in some way?

No, it's not equal but if Yolanda makes herself unavailable to visits from them, that is on her. Lisa and Kyle have both tried to ask her questions about her SM posts/tweets and what she says on the show, admitting they are confused by it and she just blew them off. That was her, Yolanda's, opportunity to educate the others (and us) about what has been going on with her health wise, and she had no interest in doing so.

And, it appeared that LisaV had texts that she sent Yolanda wanting to visit with her prior to filming and Yolanda said no to any visit. We know from a couple of seasons ago that Yolanda said that LisaV "never" visited her and she, Yolanda, had to finally admit that Lisa did in fact visit her during that time, so we do have a precedence of Yolanda pulling these stunts before, at least with Lisa. 

• Love 15

I thought I was mis-remembering since I hadn't seen anyone else bring this up here - so thank you!

Yes, I heard Lisa say that she either "rarely" or "hardly ever" calls Lisar "at home" and then Lisar jumped up with an "ahha" and the phone records.  It was like she was all set to play Perry Mason and didn't bother to listen to what Lisa actually said.  In my conspiracy-addled mind I'm thinking that Lisa has previously made the "never" statement but got wind of Lisar's phone records trick and changed her wording at the last moment.  There must be a spy lurking around Lisar's dressing room...

You are correct.  Lisa said "rarely" calls, and then added "maybe 4 or 5 times."  But Rinna was already set on her planned narrative, so she completely didn't hear what LVP said, and then completely misquoted LVP's words a second later by re-writing as "never."

Rinna is transparent, and apparently, has more of a hearing problem than Kathryn does without the actual medical issues Kathryn has.

• Love 9

You are correct. Lisa said "rarely" calls, and then added "maybe 4 or 5 times." But Rinna was already set on her planned narrative, so she completely didn't hear what LVP said, and then completely misquoted LVP's words a second later by re-writing as "never."

Rinna is transparent, and apparently, has more of a hearing problem than Kathryn does without the actual medical issues Kathryn has.

Lisar was referring to LVP's original denial that they had "ever" spoken on the phone. This was at the dinner they had after they had painted the house. Lisar mentioned LVP calling her and asking her why she wasn't more upset about Yo saying she was bi-polar. LVP said that couldn't have happened because they had never spoken on the phone. They only text each other. Lisar said they had spoken on the phone, on several occasions. LVP repeated again that they had not. LVP repeated it 3 times, basically calling Lisar a liar. Yes, she changed that at the reunion, no doubt realizing that phone records would prove that it was LVP who was indeed the liar.

LVP has done similar things from time to time. She gets corrected, or called out, and she is excused for the lie. The thing is, if you are the gal that is being called a liar on camera like Lisar was in an attempt to discredit you, and you are not lying, it doesn't matter much that she gets found out later, or changes her story.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 3

How new was it?  I know daytime talk shows got worse after the fact, but weren't they already showcasing the kind of thing we see in reality tv?  I was younger during OJ so it's not a core memory for me.  In looking back at what I know of TV history, it undeniably had impact (killed the soaps, in part) but I think there was some groundwork laid before it happened.

The Real World first aired on MTV in 92, so just shortly before O.J.  That was my foray into the world of reality tv.  I watched it until the Las Vegas season.

• Love 3

Lisar was referring to LVP's original denial that they had "ever" spoken on the phone. This was at the dinner they had after they had painted the house. Lisar mentioned LVP calling her and asking her why she wasn't more upset about Yo saying she was bi-polar. LVP said that couldn't have happened because they had never spoken on the phone. They only text each other. Lisar said they had spoken on the phone, on several occasions. LVP repeated again that they had not. LVP repeated it 3 times, basically calling Lisar a liar. Yes, she changed that at the reunion, no doubt realizing that phone records would prove that it was LVP who was indeed the liar.

LVP has done similar things from time to time. She gets corrected, or called out, and she is excused for the lie. The thing is, if you are the gal that is being called a liar on camera like Lisar was in an attempt to discredit you, and you are not lying, it doesn't matter much that she gets found out later, or changes her story.

It possible that LisaV never "spoke" with Rinna about the bi-polar comment on the phone but used texts instead and was only referring to "never" calling her about that 1 specific thing since that was the context of that conversation. I have not heard LisaV deny ever calling Rinna on the phone before that conversation.

• Love 4

This whole thing is making me finally understand "the medium is the message". ;)

It doesn't matter what Rinna says -- her frantic, desperate, gotcha mode is so off putting to me that it creates in me a genuine skepticism about whatever she says, especially since it's all so much ado about nothing at this point (for me anyway). 

Edited by Jel
  • Love 14

Where Rinna loses the battle for me, and I have been quite vocal about disliking Yolanda, is why does she find it necessary to have to bring forward thing said about Yolanda, that hurt Yolanda's feelings?  She is alienated by Yolanda for using Yolanda for airtime, she lost at least two long time friends and in spite of her desperate people pleasing ploys she has pretty much alienated Erika and Kathryn.  Combine that with last season's and the expressed dislike of her by Kim and Brandi, it would seem it is not a wise course.

Most every week Ronnie K. writes a recap and mentions Kyle's back fat and inability to find a bra that fits.  Let' say Rinna relays how funny and true this is to LVP and Yolanda of course someone would have to explain the written word to Yolanda as she cannot read (so she claims).  Then Rinna decides  out of the blue claim she engaged in a conversation where people are talking about Kyle's back fat and wonder if that is the reason her store isn't doing well on camera.  After a couple of weeks of blow back, Rinna then decides to include LVP, Yolanda and Eileen- - - - why? 

I think Rinna blew it when she involved her husband.  How embarrassing to have your husband have to issue a public statement claiming his wife is "incorrect" or lying about a very salient fact.

Harry issued a statement correcting what Rinna said? I did not know that. 

• Love 1

I kind of had the impression they were speaking directly to the bi-polar comment not in their lifetimes regarding phone calls.  From there it went to we spoke today.  Good point I need to re-watch it to see what they were talking about.

My question remains why does Rinna just pull this stuff out of her ass without any camera footage or point of reference?

Here it is from yesterday:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/harry-hamlin-reacts-to-lisa-rinna-lisa-vanderpump-drama

I think it was a huge point whether Harry said "whether she is sick or not," and not so accidental on Rinna's part. 

• Love 7

As to the was Kyle's face registering shock or confusion when Rinna said "There goes our ......... storyline," Kyle put that to rest on her Twitter account.  She said she never heard LVP say that and that she was there the entire (she used all caps) time. When someone asked why didn't she say so at the reunion, she says she did and not all footage makes the air. 

https://twitter.com/KyleRichards/status/722823546188079106

(Hopefully the link works, I'm not Twitter versed.)

• Love 10

I kind of had the impression they were speaking directly to the bi-polar comment not in their lifetimes regarding phone calls.  From there it went to we spoke today.  Good point I need to re-watch it to see what they were talking about.

My question remains why does Rinna just pull this stuff out of her ass without any camera footage or point of reference?

Here it is from yesterday:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/harry-hamlin-reacts-to-lisa-rinna-lisa-vanderpump-drama

I think it was a huge point whether Harry said "whether she is sick or not," and not so accidental on Rinna's part. 

Interesting--thanks for sharing.  

I think Rinna just hears things the way she wants to hear them.  Maybe not intentionally lying, but...I don't know...exaggerating?  Embellishing? I still think there's some truth to what she's saying. 

• Love 2

For the fashionistas out there, the Tom Ford gold sequined dress worn by Lisa Vanderpump can be purchased at Saks Fifth Avenue and several other high-end apparel outlets for roughly $6,000. It seems to be a popular dress in Hollywood. So, who wore it better?

who-wore-it-better-lala-anthony-charlize

rhobh-reunion-lisa-vanderpump.jpg"

"meowwww-hissssss"

• Love 4

Interesting--thanks for sharing.  

I think Rinna just hears things the way she wants to hear them.  Maybe not intentionally lying, but...I don't know...exaggerating?  Embellishing? I still think there's some truth to what she's saying. 

I agree for example-"there is our storyline."  If said in a calm voice, it might mean that rumors or Yolanda not wearing make up to film were true.  (Brandi claims Bravo begged Yolanda to come back and she said she would not wear make-up.)

"There is our fucking storyline", and "whether or not she is sick" added as an enhancement, would mean the season is about Yolanda's illness.

Of course the third very real possibility is an "enraged" Rinna may have had the discussion with Harry about how Yolanda swanning in and stealing the limelight will be the storyline and how can she get out in front of it.   Rinna has also had to retract Kyle from the speech on the beach.  I believe Rinna to be seasoned enough to know once it is out there in "the universe" corrections are rarely acknowledged.  If you were to ask Yolanda today she would probably go with Rinna's first story about Kyle being involved from the beach conversation.

• Love 4

I don't really give a rat's ass if yoyo is sick, semi-sick, really sick and/or with what she may be ailing. IMO, there is definitely something going on with her health-wise (physical and/or mental is for qualified professionals to decide).

My problem with her is her holier-than-thou, self righteous attitude; her arrogant elitism and penchant to correct everyone about everything; her tendency to demand everything and offer nothing in exchange for the privilege of receiving her 'friendship' (in quotes as I really believe she does not understand the concept of true friendship); and most of all her constant emphasis on her journey, her demands for attention, her criticisms of anyone who does/has not provided said attention, and her ambiguously stated exaggerations of every aspect of whatever it is she actually has.

She is an exhausting broken record, and so devoid of any engaging personality aspects as to make her universally unlikeable. I have not watched every second of every episode this season so I may have missed a nanosecond of this, but I have never seen her acknowledge any imperfection of behavior on her part, and I have certainly never seen her ever acknowledge that she might, maybe, possibly could have done/said anything that could possibly have been upsetting and hurtful to anyone else. I have definitely never seen her issue anything resembling an apology. She has an excuse for everything.

[snip]

Excellent post and I agree with every word.  Thundering applause and standing ovation!  

The bold is where I yelled YES! out loud to the dog.

Sorry, my post showed late.

I was referring to Hamlin commenting on his wife.

Okay, now it makes sense.  I don't see it as shitty.  I see it as him protecting his reputation/career and getting the message across to his wife to stop involving him in a way she might hear!   Clearly not the first time she has misquoted him nor the first time this was an issue.   Good job, Harry, is what I say.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to live with her.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

This whole thing is making me finally understand "the medium is the message". ;)

It doesn't matter what Rinna says -- her frantic, desperate, gotcha mode is so off putting to me that it creates in me a genuine skepticism about whatever she says, especially since it's all so much ado about nothing at this point (for me anyway). 

I'm willing to concede at this point that LVP who has openly admitted to joking around with Kyle and others about Yolanda's instagrams, might have encouraged Lisar to bring up Yolanda's health on camera.  What LVP did not do, by anyone's account, is tell Lisar to whip out her phone and accuse Yolanda of having Munchausen's, faking her illness for attention and all the negativity that goes along with that.  If Lisar had wanted to, say, bring up Yolanda's sometimes confusing and contradictory instagram and other social media posts or even the stuff Yolanda had done on the show ie running around Beverly Hills on a scavenger hunt while claiming to be physically exhausted 24/7 (or whatever she was claiming, honestly I don't know, I don't follow her) then maybe, or probably LVP and Kyle would have joined in and made some jokes.  Snarky, mean girl jokes which we have seen Kyle and LVP make on many occasions and are mostly pretty enjoyable imo.  But no.  Lisar said Munchausen's, she went too far and she was on her own.  No amount of her trying to pawn off the blame on LVP is going to help her now, especially when she's so as you note frantic and desperate.

• Love 14

This went as I expected it would. Yolanda explains what she was going through and what her definition of a walk is, seemed reasonable to me. But hells bells, the viewers won't hear it. She is asked a generalized question and OFFERS in her response her past clinical depression, to make it clear she does understand the difference between clinical depression and being depressed. She's lived it. But once again clang on the bells from viewers. Last year so much in opinion of she must be crazy not to be having other things looked into for her health issues. Tonight she offers up some of the testing she was having done all along. depression. implants. hormones. CLANG BELLS YOLANDA PUT SOMETHING UP HER BUTT hahahehehaha snarkable.  For gawd sakes. Viewers spat for time line explanations, very reasonable explanations are given. It is not enough, because any RH shoulda coulda woulda so Yo's lying she shoulda coulda woulda.

There will be no reason good enough for someone that doesn't want to believe. Ever. Paid celebrity or not paid celebrity. 

Doesn't surprise me that I don't see some forum contributors around anymore. Specifically most the ones who share some of their own personal experiences with health struggles. ( it's called health struggle because it is a struggle/no quick fix/a lot of uncertainties). Those who have lived with or have had health issues that are ongoing KNOW the drill and can see a fake persona in forums as clearly as they can see face work on the HW's ..very clearly.

I'm thinking  the snark opinions about Yolanda, after the 'oh so sorry for what you've gone through fellow poster' months prior, does discourage some from participating anymore in discussions. And yes I do get that this is a forum for snark on celebrities. And yes I do know there are ignore features available to everyone. And no, I don't need replies on how my opinion doesn't match your opinion 'because yadda yadda insert how blind I am and how seeing you are here'. 

My opinion may be idiotic to others, I'm fine with that. But none of us are idiots or beneath another for having and sharing an opinion

I have been critical of Yolanda, but I do believe and understand her issues. My only criticism is that I am tired of hearing about it, but that's not really her fault. I can sympathize with her, and do not think she is a liar as I definitely understand the ebb and flow of chronic illness and it's just something that is hard to explain. I think she looked beautiful at the reunion. Lisa R is such a manipulative, mouthy bitch. I used to really like her and Eileen, but now I can't stand them. I do not believe for one minute Lisa V said that about the storyline. Kyle trying to shut Kathryn down was rude.

• Love 8

So visiting Yolanda in person is equal to reading what Yolanda disseminates on social media?

And this can be proven in some way?

These women have said repeatedly they believe (a) Yolanda has Lyme Disease and (b) she is sick.  I see no reason at the suggestion and condescension of a 19 year old, these women need to be by Yolanda's bedside to reaffirm what they have been stating for four seasons.  Yolanda has Lyme Disease.  Photos work just fine.

With Yolanda's repeated disdain towards these women why would she want them in her home?  Yolanda doesn't get it if she says she is sick they believe her.  It is her and now her drunky daughter that keep wanting to convince the world they are sick.  The others have conceded the fact and owe exactly zero duty to ever see Yolanda outside of work.

• Love 8

These women have said repeatedly they believe (a) Yolanda has Lyme Disease and (b) she is sick.  I see no reason at the suggestion and condescension of a 19 year old, these women need to be by Yolanda's bedside to reaffirm what they have been stating for four seasons.  Yolanda has Lyme Disease.  Photos work just fine.

With Yolanda's repeated disdain towards these women why would she want them in her home?  Yolanda doesn't get it if she says she is sick they believe her.  It is her and now her drunky daughter that keep wanting to convince the world they are sick.  The others have conceded the fact and owe exactly zero duty to ever see Yolanda outside of work.

While I think that Yolanda's coworkers and acquaintances do not own her anything, It is touching and appropriate for Bella to have her mom's back.

What do you want her to say?

My mom is wack?

• Love 1

I don't think anyone laughing at Yo's instagram sick pics are mean girls.  It is an honest reaction to bullshit 'look at me' crap.  They are  very funny.  One of my favs (so hard to choose) was her with Bella having IVs with the pink scarf placed oh so perfectly.  An art piece, really. 

• Love 15

US magazine poll Lisa Rinna vs. Lisa Vanderpump-who do you side with?  http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/do-you-side-with-rhobhs-lisa-rinna-or-lisa-vanderpump-w203465

While I think that Yolanda's coworkers and acquaintances do not own her anything, It is touching and appropriate for Bella to have her mom's back.
What do you want her to say?
My mom is wack?

How about say nothing.  Bella should not be putting her two cents worth regarding the other women.  She can't hide behind mama and be her kid and then throw pooh at the other women.

US magazine poll Lisa Rinna vs. Lisa Vanderpump-who do you side with?  http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/do-you-side-with-rhobhs-lisa-rinna-or-lisa-vanderpump-w203465

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

As to the was Kyle's face registering shock or confusion when Rinna said "There goes our ......... storyline," Kyle put that to rest on her Twitter account.  She said she never heard LVP say that and that she was there the entire (she used all caps) time. When someone asked why didn't she say so at the reunion, she says she did and not all footage makes the air. 

https://twitter.com/KyleRichards/status/722823546188079106

(Hopefully the link works, I'm not Twitter versed.)

I can easily dismiss Kyle's tweet as damage control.  Also, I really wish she hadn't reminded me about all the footage that doesn't make it to air.  Bravo is really good at leaving out the root causes of arguments because ambiguity keeps us talking (can't have a "who do you believe" poll if everything is shown clearly).  If they're ditching stuff Kyle said (which they might not be- it's only part 1 of the reunion), it's plausible they're leaving out stuff that would support Rinna's version of events.

I'm also just now realizing I will probably miss the next episode (and the conversation) because of work travel.  Ugh.

• Love 1

I can easily dismiss Kyle's tweet as damage control.  Also, I really wish she hadn't reminded me about all the footage that doesn't make it to air.  Bravo is really good at leaving out the root causes of arguments because ambiguity keeps us talking (can't have a "who do you believe" poll if everything is shown clearly).  If they're ditching stuff Kyle said (which they might not be- it's only part 1 of the reunion), it's plausible they're leaving out stuff that would support Rinna's version of events.

I'm also just now realizing I will probably miss the next episode (and the conversation) because of work travel.  Ugh.

I use to think they (the producers) stacked the deck and hid the truth card but after the "Uncensored" episode where they so wished they had film of what Kyle said to Camille, I thought hmmmm. . . . they do want thereto be a definitive answer.  It would seem like a stupid thing for Kyle to lie about since she has several people in the room that could refute her.   In a way it is unfair to Kyle because LVP just accused her of fence sitting again in regards to one of the issues.  I mean why take a stand and then edit it out?

If you are on line you can catch it on the Bravo site.  Just have your home cable or satellite account number available.

• Love 4

If you visit someone in person, you can talk to them face to face. Oog in oog (eye to eye).

Here is what bugs me about Yolanda and the visiting. She changes her story. When she first started talking about Lyme Disease and how debilitated she was from it, she went out of her way to laud Lisa V and Brandi for coming to see her in the off season. That was when she was all about the "dream team" but when she was no longer feeling the love for Lisa V, suddenly it was only Brandi who came to see her. Then, she had to retract that because she had already posted about how much Lisa V came to see her.

This season, Lisa V made sure to get it on camera that she sent Yolanda several text messages about coming to visit and each time Yolanda wasn't up to it. Which is fine, if Yo doesn't want to see her, she can come up with any excuse not to - including not feeling well. But, when it is obvious that people are making the effort, you can't turn around and chastise them for being bad friends for not making the effort. Lisa V making it known that she had tried to contact Yolanda in the off season is calculated, but the calculation makes a salient point. If Yo was going to try to paint Lisa as someone who did and then later paint her as someone who didn't care, why shouldn't Lisa point out the obvious flaw?

This is a person who for four seasons has pretty much disparaged Kyle and LVP, why are these woman expected to come over and learn about her condition?  What do they learn from a personal visit?  She posts all her damn treatments on line.  They aren't allowed to converse with Yolanda, it is just all about her.  Sit down can I get you some coffee and tell you what a bad friend you are oh and how sick I am.  For chrissake Kyle, Kathryn and Erika spent three days on the Yolanda Lyme Vanity Tour.  What is it exactly she wants?  They saw her at least a dozen times in the past year.  Isn't that enough from Hollywood friends?

I quoted this post because, again, salient point. We know that LisaV has the receipts when trying to visit Yo before filming for this season started. We know that Yolanda was on a boat with Kyle (making a Mauricio sandwich and trying to clear her mind of her mother's CANCER struggle) during Bella's DUI fall out and Yolanda never mentioned that Bella was ill. Even if we ignore the leaked email Yolanda sent to Bella, not once did Yolanda mention that there would be a reason for Bella getting a DUI other than she made a stupid mistake and that her (and when we say her, we mean Yolanda) life wasn't perfect. 

Yolanda sprung the whole, not only am I sick but two of my children are also sick with the same disease on the women this season. And, she refused to see LisaV and would only film with Kyle when she could have a "friend" present in Ericka. 

What was Yolanda wanting from the other women? I am seriously asking, because nothing that she has said in her blogs, her appearance on Dr. Oz, or on the show has told me what she was expecting them to do for her - although she seemed to expect a great deal from them. All I heard from her was how horrible the others were as friends for questioning anything and everything that she said and posted on social media. When in actuality, Yolanda never once told these women what she was dealing with or what she believed she was dealing with. That is until, she tells Kyle during filming, with her "good friend Ericka" there, that the Udda ones also had Lyme Disease and were suffering. Instead, she used Lyme Disease as a catch all for her past bitchiness, her current desire to avoid them, and her condemnation of them for asking her and each other what was going on. 

After Yolanda left last year's reunion because she was "too sick" or "too weak" to continue, every single woman on that stage was on her side. They had issues with each other, but NONE of them had an issue with her being ill. This season, not a single one of them ever said that they felt she was faking it or that she was exaggerating, until Lisa R showed up with her Munchies diagnosis. Even then, LisaR was out there on her own limb with that. Even LisaR admits that she was the one who brought that to the table/camera and felt bad about it. 

So, what would a face to face meeting with Yolanda have accomplished? I don't blame Bella, because she loves her mother and sees her as a suffering person. But, I do want to know what exactly Yolanda wanted from everyone (I as an audience member want to know what she wanted, I can't imagine what her coworkers/Hollywood friends want to know). She had all of the women's support last year. Hell she had their support this year. Not once does anyone question whether or not she is sick this season. Even when Rinna said that she was the most manipulative of the bunch, Rinna wasn't accusing her of faking her illness. Even the Munchhausen thing wasn't an accusation by RInna. She only said she engaged in a conversation about it and felt bad. And for the sake of accuracy, I want to point out that Eileen was the one who told Rinna to talk to Yo about it AFTER Eileen had already told Yo that Rinna had talked about it. 

So what exactly was it Yolanda wanted from these "Hollywood friends" that she wasn't getting? And, other than a private plane, what was it that Ericka was providing that made her such a "good friend" (aside from her willingness to run back and tell her the other women were talking)?

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 17

Mean girls, historically, do not yell or fight. They are haughty snobs who dismiss others who are not like them or disagree. They demand respect by virtue of who they are. They are cool, aloof and turn a cold shoulder. So who are the mean girls here? Not hard to figure out. Erika, Yo and Eileen.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

I don't think anyone laughing at Yo's instagram sick pics are mean girls.  It is an honest reaction to bullshit 'look at me' crap.  They are  very funny.  One of my favs (so hard to choose) was her with Bella having IVs with the pink scarf placed oh so perfectly.  An art piece, really.

Wouldn't surprise me if Yo had that blown up, framed and hanging on a wall.

• Love 7

It possible that LisaV never "spoke" with Rinna about the bi-polar comment on the phone but used texts instead and was only referring to "never" calling her about that 1 specific thing since that was the context of that conversation. I have not heard LisaV deny ever calling Rinna on the phone before that conversation.

I don't think that is what she meant, because during her denial, she said "well, we talked on the phone this morning, but we haven't spoken on the phone before". She clearly wasn't just talking about the bi-polar stuff, she was talking about ever, except for that day. The thing is, she lied. It's just that simple. Just like she has lied before. And she knows she lied, which is why at the reunion she decided to fess up to a few other phone calls. The thing is, we all say that others lie all the time. But we never catch them doing it (well, some of them). LVP has been caught in as many lies as any HW ever, yet she is still given the benefit of the doubt, or handed a reason why she might have been misunderstood. If every HW were afforded the same benefit of the doubt, things would be much different.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

Mean girls, historically, do not yell or fight.   They are haughty snobs who dismiss others who are not like them or disagree. They demand respect by virtue of who they are.  They are cool, aloof and turn a cold shoulder.  So who are the mean girls here?  Not hard to figure out.   Erika, Yo and Eileen. 

You just described Lisa Vanderpump.

• Love 6

Here is what bugs me about Yolanda and the visiting. She changes her story. When she first started talking about Lyme Disease and how debilitated she was from it, she went out of her way to laud Lisa V and Brandi for coming to see her in the off season. That was when she was all about the "dream team" but when she was no longer feeling the love for Lisa V, suddenly it was only Brandi who came to see her. Then, she had to retract that because she had already posted about how much Lisa V came to see her.

This season, Lisa V made sure to get it on camera that she sent Yolanda several text messages about coming to visit and each time Yolanda wasn't up to it. Which is fine, if Yo doesn't want to see her, she can come up with any excuse not to - including not feeling well. But, when it is obvious that people are making the effort, you can't turn around and chastise them for being bad friends for not making the effort. Lisa V making it known that she had tried to contact Yolanda in the off season is calculated, but the calculation makes a salient point. If Yo was going to try to paint Lisa as someone who did and then later paint her as someone who didn't care, why shouldn't Lisa point out the obvious flaw?

I quoted this post because, again, salient point. We know that LisaV has the receipts when trying to visit Yo before filming for this season started. We know that Yolanda was on a boat with Kyle (making a Mauricio sandwich and trying to clear her mind of her mother's CANCER struggle) during Bella's DUI fall out and Yolanda never mentioned that Bella was ill. Even if we ignore the leaked email Yolanda sent to Bella, not once did Yolanda mention that there would be a reason for Bella getting a DUI other than she made a stupid mistake and that her (and when we say her, we mean Yolanda) life wasn't perfect. 

Yolanda sprung the whole, not only am I sick but two of my children are also sick with the same disease on the women this season. And, she refused to see LisaV and would only film with Kyle when she could have a "friend" present in Ericka. 

What was Yolanda wanting from the other women? I am seriously asking, because nothing that she has said in her blogs, her appearance on Dr. Oz, or on the show has told me what she was expecting them to do for her - although she seemed to expect a great deal from them. All I heard from her was how horrible the others were as friends for questioning anything and everything that she said and posted on social media. When in actuality, Yolanda never once told these women what she was dealing with or what she believed she was dealing with. That is until, she tells Kyle during filming, with her "good friend Ericka" there, that the Udda ones also had Lyme Disease and were suffering. Instead, she used Lyme Disease as a catch all for her past bitchiness, her current desire to avoid them, and her condemnation of them for asking her and each other what was going on. 

After Yolanda left last year's reunion because she was "too sick" or "too weak" to continue, every single woman on that stage was on her side. They had issues with each other, but NONE of them had an issue with her being ill. This season, not a single one of them ever said that they felt she was faking it or that she was exaggerating, until Lisa R showed up with her Munchies diagnosis. Even then, LisaR was out there on her own limb with that. Even LisaR admits that she was the one who brought that to the table/camera and felt bad about it. 

So, what would a face to face meeting with Yolanda have accomplished? I don't blame Bella, because she loves her mother and sees her as a suffering person. But, I do want to know what exactly Yolanda wanted from everyone (I as an audience member want to know what she wanted, I can't imagine what her coworkers/Hollywood friends want to know). She had all of the women's support last year. Hell she had their support this year. Not once does anyone question whether or not she is sick this season. Even when Rinna said that she was the most manipulative of the bunch, Rinna wasn't accusing her of faking her illness. Even the Munchhausen thing wasn't an accusation by RInna. She only said she engaged in a conversation about it and felt bad. And for the sake of accuracy, I want to point out that Eileen was the one who told Rinna to talk to Yo about it AFTER Eileen had already told Yo that Rinna had talked about it. 

So what exactly was it Yolanda wanted from these "Hollywood friends" that she wasn't getting? And, other than a private plane, what was it that Ericka was providing that made her such a "good friend" (aside from her willingness to run back and tell her the other women were talking)?

Well, for 1 thing, she wants one on one meetings where she can lecture the others about not being a good friend to her, to tell them how disappointed she is in them and bestow upon them her obvious distain for them/superiority over them, on camera no less. Otherwise she really doesn't want to be with them 1 on 1 unless it is ass kissing Erika. LOL

I don't think that is what she meant, because during her denial, she said "well, we talked on the phone this morning, but we haven't spoken on the phone before". She clearly wasn't just talking about the bi-polar stuff, she was talking about ever, except for that day. The thing is, she lied. It's just that simple. Just like she has lied before. And she knows she lied, which is why at the reunion she decided to fess up to a few other phone calls. The thing is, we all say that others lie all the time. But we never catch them doing it (well, some of them). LVP has been caught in as many lies as any HW ever, yet she is still given the benefit of the doubt, or handed a reason why she might have been misunderstood. If every HW were afforded the same benefit of the doubt, things would be much different.

Well, I see it the way I posted. We know how Rinna misconstrues what others say/mean and spins it into something so different from what was said/intended it can boggle the mind, even her husbands says she misunderstands or misremembers what others say, including him. LOL

• Love 5

You just described Lisa Vanderpump.

Some will see her but I don't.  She does not demand respect, she doesn't care.  She is neither haughty nor a snob.  She is witty and not caught up in others agreeing with her.   She doesn't seek others to put down or criticize. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 11

Mean girls, historically, do not yell or fight.   They are haughty snobs who dismiss others who are not like them or disagree. They demand respect by virtue of who they are.  They are cool, aloof and turn a cold shoulder.  So who are the mean girls here?  Not hard to figure out.   Erika, Yo and Eileen. 

Opposite experience for me.  The only mean girls I've known were loud and crass and name call-y.  I'm sure there are quiet, aloof snobs who can be mean but back in 9th grade, which is fortunately the last run-in I had with a mean girl IRL, that's not how they rolled.

Somehow, I just don't see Erika and Eileen huddled in a corner, snickering at the new girl who made the unfortunate decision to arrive at a fundraiser on crutches, wearing one, high heeled shoe. That is the single thing about Kyle, Faye and Taylor that I can not un-see.  To me, THAT was mean girl behavior.

• Love 7

LVP has been caught in as many lies as any HW ever, yet she is still given the benefit of the doubt, or handed a reason why she might have been misunderstood. If every HW were afforded the same benefit of the doubt, things would be much different.

And THIS is why I think Eileen wanted an apology - a real apology from LVP.  It wasn't because she was hurt that Lisa brought up the 'affair'.  Or that she was ashamed about the affair.

Eileen just wants Lisa to freaking own up to her lying.  Lisa was lying about her intention in mentioning the 'affair'. 

Everyone INCLUDING KYLE, wants her to knock that shit off and apologize for her lying.  They all know she does it and resent that she gets away with it.  They want her busted.  And Eileen was relentless in her pursuit.  Didn't work but you can't blame a HW for trying.

• Love 8

And THIS is why I think Eileen wanted an apology - a real apology from LVP.  It wasn't because she was hurt that Lisa brought up the 'affair'.  Or that she was ashamed about the affair.

Eileen just wants Lisa to freaking own up to her lying.  Lisa was lying about her intention in mentioning the 'affair'. 

Everyone INCLUDING KYLE, wants her to knock that shit off and apologize for her lying.  They all know she does it and resent that she gets away with it.  They want her busted.  And Eileen was relentless in her pursuit.  Didn't work but you can't blame a HW for trying.

Yeah, I'm kinda blown away at how people will defend LVP's misdeeds to the point of "well clearly the other women are just jealous of her." I mean, sure, you could always trot out that argument but as a viewer of this show since S1 and someone who used to love LVP, it's patently obvious to me that she's gotten away with some pretty reprehensible things and gotten in some utterly horrible digs about her castmates yet feigns innocence when called out on her actions in a way that NONE of the other women have.

Eileen should have dropped it because she was never going to get accountability out of LVP, but I totally understood where her initial frustration was coming from.

I can think as far back as the S2 reunion where the awful Taylor was spot on in calling out how Lisa would tweet nasty things about Taylor's mouth using the Giggy twitter account as a means of deflecting responsibility for the rudeness of Lisa's comments. I mean, look, I hate Taylor as much as the next grifter sniffer, but Taylor had a point that Lisa was the type of person to fire a gun, then wipe her fingerprints off the murder weapon.

Edited by KFC
  • Love 6

What was LVP's intention when she mentioned the affair? As in what did she hope to accomplish by asking Eileen on screen, in those words?  That is the tough part about intent-there has to be an actual connection.  I don't think LVP used the word affair so she could later lie about, why did she risk a friendship with Eileen and chose that word?  She had been asked to back down but she persisted-why?

I am being serious.  I believe it was payback for Eileen packing up and moving on from the noisy hotel.  I think it is the type of thing Ken likes when he wants LVP to teach someone a lesson.

RYE BREAD -this isn't just directed at you but I am curious what others feel LVP's intent was when she chose to use the word affair.

• Love 1

Lisa was damn pissed off that Eileen left with Kyle.  It didn't matter that only she and Ken had a nice room.  It didn't matter that they were stuck by the party pool.  She left and she chose 'Kyle's accommodations over hers.  Things like this do not sit well with LVP.  The use of the word 'affair' and Lisa's questioning of it was her way of payback. 

Of course, Eileen should have shut it down right away but Eileen was caught off guard.  And then the 'story' took on a life of its own.  If you don't accept the apology, then say so.  Same goes for Kathryn with Faye.  If you don't like the apology, then say so.  Oh wait, same goes for Erika who's mute in so many scenes  and then actually speaks her crafted replies in her TH's.

• Love 6

He sure did. 

Now, my question is: What if he comes forward to say that LVP did in fact say, "There goes our FN story line" and not in a joking manner? 

Does the beloved Harry Hamlin of yesterseason suddenly become:

A.) a liar

B.) mistaken

C.) doesn't matter because now that we've realized that the former fan-favorite wife of his is a lunatic, he's dead to us anyway. 

D.) other

I have thought about this a bit and Yolanda wants people screaming at others on her behalf.  Kyle and LVP didn't defend her to Rinna, of course if the stupid cow would ever listen to a conversation she would realize it was all about Rinna feeling guilty not really about Yolanda.  Yolanda ate up Erika screaming at Rinna at her house.  Yolanda totally dressed LVP down for trying to straighten Yolanda out on the difference between Munchausen and Munchausen by Proxy.  Granted when Yolanda backed herself in a corner , and Erika was wondering what color lip gloss would match a silver dress, Yolanda cried Lyme brain. (This is in the extended footage.)  I do think this is one of the reasons David beat feet.  Yolanda has a very controversial form of a disease that is quite rare in the area she lives.  I think she thrives on the controversy because in her very narrow world of Lyme people they all complain about things Yolanda can literally broadcast.  I don't think Yolanda actually lives most of this symptons, I think she is living vicariously through others.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

Well, I can blame Eileen specifically for communicating multiple and divergent grievances about Lisa over the course of the season that had nothing whatsoever to do with Lisa's nominal dishonesty. According to those mercurial frameworks, Lisa is responsible for everything from "grilling" (exactly the verbiage to which Lisa apologized for "asking too many questions") to somehow imperiling Jesse's innocence by increasing the probability that he would discover the origins of his parents' marriage (you know, that well kept secret on which Eileen only pontificated two or three times on national television prior to the commencement of filming for season six. And I can certainly blame Eileen for behaving as if she had some sort of direct stake and/or participation in the entire Munchausen narrative all while literally hissing at co-stars who point out that she, you know, in fact didn't; vibrating in her chair and devolving into grunts and cries of outrage that yet other colleagues weren't attacking the target of her ire viciously enough; etc etc.

On the topic of Yolanda's relationship to the rest of the cast, can we also revisit the upbraiding that she gave Kyle regarding the time that she and Brandi visited Chez Umansky; no one alerted Kyle that Yolanda had remained in the car; Yolanda decided that Kyle should have just known by telepathy that Yolanda was outside; and it was this egregious moral offense that Kyle hadn't rushed out to the driveway with water and cheered Yo for having the courage and fortitude to sit in the passenger seat?

And because it really can't be stated enough, imo, the characterization upthread by selhars that skepticism of Yolanda's lies, prevarications, revisionism, and misstatements about her personal medical history and Lyme in general amount to the distinction between "eighteen months" and "a year and a half"  is inaccurate. At the beginning of the season,  I could have written a more extensive synopsis of the bald inaccuracies that Yo has peddled during the course of her years on the program but off the top of my head, some are:

* Yo asserts that Lyme encompasses viral loads. This is out and out impossible because Lyme IS NOT VIRAL; it's a bacterial infection. Even among the minority that insist chronic Lyme constitutes a continuing infection rather than residual tissue damage from an eradicated infection, there is consensus on the nature of Lyme except for the most extreme fringe - of which Dr. Klinghardt and other Global Lyme Alliance bankrollers are a part. This small contingent claims that Lyme is sexually transmittable and/or can be caused by proximity to microwaves. It goes without saying that there is no medical evidence to support these theories. And, from my own perspective, there's no way in which this is not naked insanity unless we're also going to entertain the notion that, say, congenital  non-infectious conditions are actually contagious and maybe prompted by your refrigerator.

* Yo has given at least three different accounts of when she contracted Lyme. She and Bella alike have also provided two wildly disparate timelines (as in, varying by two years/ the difference between the beginning of one academic year and the end of the following one) for Bella's contraction.

* That aforementioned "eighteen months"/"year and a half" transpired in the four-to-five month window between filming of the season three reunion and the start of filming for season four. Funny how California operates in defiance of physical laws.

* The CDC statistics for the late aughties and early 2010s tally incidents of Lyme in one of the most populous states in the union at double digits with 0 cases in LA County. The first number alone makes three cases of Lyme in a single household scientifically impossible in a statistical sense.

* Yo initially claimed that she contracted Lyme from ticks; then she decided she got it from "horse fly's" (not a method of transmission). Then, I think she reverted back to ticks and is now once again claiming "horse fly's" did it.

* She states that Lyme "is a silent killer" more prevalent that HIV/AIDS in the 1980s. You know, when no treatments had yet been devised for the single most lethal epidemic in contemporary times that has claimed millions of lives and, without the aggressive intervention of non-profits and the W administration, would have decimated the population of Africa over the first decade of the millennium. Lyme, it should be noted, has a death toll in the double digits worldwide over the course of roughly the same time frame. By some estimates, that toll is actually as low as 6.

So, yeah, none of that is a matter of split hairs vis-a-vis semantics. It's just a shame that Lisa, Kyle, and Rinna didn't actually go pedal to the metal on the subject because it's appalling that Yolanda is peddling this ludicrousness and that Bravo is providing her the platform to do it. Why not just suggest that viewers are going to get leprosy from imbibing alcohol or that all pregnancies heretofore will automatically have Zika?

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 23

What was LVP's intention when she mentioned the affair? As in what did she hope to accomplish by asking Eileen on screen, in those words?  That is the tough part about intent-there has to be an actual connection.  I don't think LVP used the word affair so she could later lie about, why did she risk a friendship with Eileen and chose that word?  She had been asked to back down but she persisted-why?

I am being serious.  I believe it was payback for Eileen packing up and moving on from the noisy hotel.  I think it is the type of thing Ken likes when he wants LVP to teach someone a lesson.

RYE BREAD -this isn't just directed at you but I am curious what others feel LVP's intent was when she chose to use the word affair.

I'm beginning to think that LVP has some sort of bizarre fascination with people that have affairs while married. She wears her 30 years of marriage to Ken like a badge, and she should. It's a huge accomplishment anywhere and especially in Beverly Hills. But I think she uses the fallen marriages of others to bolster her own already inflated ego and keep up that air of "I'm better than you". It's almost as though she's implying that the women either can't hold onto their husbands or that the husbands are cheaters and liars. I just find it a little out of the ordinary that Lisa should feel so intrigued by the extramarital affairs of others.

• Love 7

LisaV is a little immature with her fascination with "affairs" and sex in general. When I was WAY younger, I was a virgin when all my friends weren't, and I sort of felt superior to them. I would ask them about their boyfriends and any sadness they had over a boy and try to connect it with BAD premarital sex. I've since had sex and now and don't do this, but LisaV reminded me of a young girl, sort of trying to "teach a lesson" through innocent questioning. LisaV has said her own mother was a very cold person, so I'm guessing her mom would do this to her as well. 

LisaV also is so manipulative of Ken, but he is just a dullard and doesn't have any clue. Like when LisaV was telling Ken about all the horrible things LisaR said to her, and Ken says, "She's a bitch!" LisaV laid back and innocently says, "But I thought you liked her?"  

I thought that was lame. If a gf was bitching to me about a friend that betrayed her, and I supported her by saying, "That dumb bitch!" and she looks at me incredously and says, "I thought you LIKED her?" I would seriously ask her if she had brain damage. I really would. LisaV, not the smartest gal at all. Maybe compared to Ken---

• Love 6

I have to laugh about the semantics of calling people 'at home'.

There was a time when you called people at home or at work.

Then those fucking cell phones began to show up and you can call people at home, at work or on a cell.

People began to get rid of their hard lines or tell people that it's easier "to call me on my cell, I have it with me all the time".

And unless people have a separate cell phone for work or personal use, they have one number where they can be reached at all the time.

• Love 5