Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I didn't mind Yo saying she wished Kyle had defended her as vehemently as she defended Faye. I'm sure LVP and Kim have thought the same thing. Kyle is ride or die for Faye. As soon as someone looks at Faye cross eyed Kyle shuts it down.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 8

And don't forget Yo is the self appointed spokes person for "Lymies" with no voice and she claims she is on the show to raise awareness so she really needs to be more precise/ accurate with her words. She is harming her cause by embellishing and exaggerating.

• Love 19

I agree that much of the time their words get picked apart too much. The thing with LVP was different. It wasn't that she misspoke; it was that she was adamant during the initial conversation that she had never spoken to Lisar on the phone. Lisar challenged her and LVP denied it 3 times, using the word "never". The problem with that is she was calling Lisar a liar. If Lisar is saying these conversations happened on the phone, and LVP denies ever talking to her on the phone, than Lisar is a liar. That is the problem there. It would be like someone saying they saw Yo walking down the stairs, and Yo saying "I haven't walked down the stairs in 18 months", and sticking to that no matter what. Generally, when Yo is challenged, she cops to whatever it is (although she sounds ridiculous), making some type of excuse.

I hate these things about LVP for the same reason I hate them about Yo. I get that we try to take Yo too literally some times. The problem is that Yo often uses these types of exaggerations to make others look bad.

I don't have the episode on my DVR anymore, so I'll just acknowledge that you have a better rememberance of the circumstance, and that I likely didn't pick the best example necessarily to prove my point.  I do think my point that Yo isn't in fact the only one who gets picked apart still stands.

• Love 8

I agree that much of the time their words get picked apart too much. The thing with LVP was different. It wasn't that she misspoke; it was that she was adamant during the initial conversation that she had never spoken to Lisar on the phone. Lisar challenged her and LVP denied it 3 times, using the word "never". The problem with that is she was calling Lisar a liar. If Lisar is saying these conversations happened on the phone, and LVP denies ever talking to her on the phone, than Lisar is a liar. That is the problem there. It would be like someone saying they saw Yo walking down the stairs, and Yo saying "I haven't walked down the stairs in 18 months", and sticking to that no matter what. Generally, when Yo is challenged, she cops to whatever it is (although she sounds ridiculous), making some type of excuse.

I hate these things about LVP for the same reason I hate them about Yo. I get that we try to take Yo too literally some times. The problem is that Yo often uses these types of exaggerations to make others look bad.

Lisa and Yo say things that you have to 'decode'. It may be the use of a phrase, word or sentence that is said and by the time you have figured out what they have said, the moment is over. They also use that to their advantage by taking a swipe at the person and retreat before they get a reaction.

Because we spend so much time decoding what they say, we fall into the pattern of always taking them literally.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 4

I tend to agree that we're sometimes too literal in responding to Yolanda's comments.  I'm from SoCal, hyperbole is pretty common around here, I don't think some of her comments, like the walk/walk thing or the "I haven't worn makeup in two years" one are a big deal.  Others, however, are shockingly ignorant and worthy of continuous criticism.  Just to pick from last night, I don't get how living a natural life involves implanting some kind of hormone-regulating device.  That seems like a contradiction that should be explored, before she starts selling health more aggressively.

LOLOLOL, DUDE, It took me about a year and a half to excise the habit of calling everyone around me, "DUDE".. So true about the hyperbole in the So Cal area, but you do have to admit there are areas where it does reign supreme? I was a Valley Dude, Dude.

• Love 3

IMO opinion this long list of lies that Yo has told is imagined. To me it's more a bunch of contradictions. Contradictions are not lies it just means that Yo isn't too interested in presenting a clean and polished account of anything for anyone's approval.

I do think that she gets in her own way and creates even more contradictions without meaning to. She generalizes her experiences and tries to encompass a message within a few pieces of information over and over again. Even though she's obviously not hiding her struggles she also feels that the basics should be enough to explain what's going on with her for those that don't go passed the surface with her. I think she has a set of information that she's ready to share for those curious and interested in her "journey" but who aren't really too invested in her day to day battle with her illness. This set of information involves these superficial items/comments/explanations:

-The white robe

-Good days and bad days

-Journey

-Bedridden

-Lyme brain

-Frozen saunas

-Generalized descriptions of yada yada yada

I think she feels that should be sufficient for people who don't care to dig any deeper on a genuine note. I don't think that's wrong. I think it goes south when, which is her point this season, if any of what's listed above doesn't sit well to the point that it sparks discussions and DOUBT among the women then, here's a thought, try to get questions answered in an authentic setting. No I don't mean confronting Yolanda and peppering her with the selfish need to know this that and the other or call her out. I mean, dive in. Be an inner friend with genuine contact and I think her point is that if that were done then the answers will present themselves organically over the course of continuous interactions with her. Conversation would be easier to initiate and even more information could be shared because the atmosphere isn't forced. It's plain to see for me.

Not that she's demanding their company just that if it's worth talking about to the degree that the women are discussing it then wouldn't it makes sense that it's important enough to be more regularly invested with Yolanda in general? If the answer is no then the superficial, generalized template is all that you require. Nothing more nothing less. I think it makes sense that when Yolanda speaks of certain things the "versions" vary because she's just recycling the basics and isn't really inclined to give them anything more than, refer to points listed above.

This season was her annoyance that they were requiring her to go deeper and give more intimate details in order for them to "understand" better when in her mind they didn't deserve anymore than the bullpoints she's already put out there. Anything deeper than that shouldn't just be demanded. It should be acquired organically over time through observing her and accompanying her through it. That may sound like a lot but I don't think so for what they wanted from her. I don't think she's trying to keep stuff a secret I just think she resents the idea that she's required to distribute information ito them at their bequest and in detail when it can be acquired by natural and authentic contact with her. That's been her point. Either be there or don't but there are two sets of information that can be had. The superficial bullet points for those not interested in taking their "concern" that far and the more detailed versions that are reserved for those who are actually bringing something to the table regularly. Nothing wrong with that. I'm more offended that the women don't respect the right Yolanda has to implement this in HER life and regarding HER struggles.

She sticks to her template. It's a pre-printed form and all she does is change up timeframes, trip locations that sort of thing but the surrounding info stays the same. Lyme,check, brainfog, check, fatigue, check, robe, check, my prince, check so I can see why her stories may seem not so clean cut because she doesn't want to give away the complete story to people who don't care enough to have a positive place in it. That's my take anyway..

That's a good way of trying to make sense of Yolanda's perspective. Good post.

I'm in agreement that when you are genuine friends and you actually spend time with each other you don't need to ask so many questions. Proximity and a reciprocal friendship will give you those facts. That's why WoYo says they are Hollywood friends. I get it.

I think it's runs deep and that Yo and LVP are trying to each snatch the Beverly Hills crown, another words, there's more to it. Also, it seems like with Yolanda and many of the other women that she feels "don't have her back," she also doesn't see her own part in why they don't get closer to her. It's complicated for all parties involved. For LVP, it's Mo, it's Yo's treatment of Ken and her cozy relationship with Brandi. With Kyle, it's also about Brandi and Yo being mad that Kyle was whispering about her at the table and who knows what else...

Wait, wasn't Yo mad at Kyle for not bringing her a glass of water in the limo or was that someone else?

I just think WoYo doesn't like some of the ladies. It happens, that's life. However, IMO, she tends to put the most of blame of their poor relationship status on them and what they haven't done for her, not thinking what they have offered or done is ever enough. Example? Saying it was selfish to pick chocolate as a flavor for the shake during the BH challenge/course. Selfish? That's a big word for such a small thing.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 8

Kyle's knee jerk reaction to anyone criticizing Faye Resnick is irritating.  People have a right to dislike Resnick, for whatever reason and no matter if it was two decades ago.

Faye knows where the bodies are buried. Kyle couldn't stop defending her now if she wanted to.

• Love 8

wings, I agree with you. I'm not saying these things to defend Yo as much as I am to point out that they/we all do it - but only Yo is being held accountable.*

She might have meant it that way.  But she didn't say it exactly like that. Why is she held to a lesser standard.  LVP said that she champions LGBT.  And that because of that, now we have marriage equality! Guffaw. They all do this.  Misspeak, exaggerate, flat out lie.

*I'm also not saying these things to be irritating.  Although by being so, I think I'm making my point about how irritating it is when someone's words (theirs or ours!) are analyzed and picked apart ad infinitum. :-)

Yes we all do it but not to prove why we need special attention or for personal gain.  Wow, that burger was awesome!  It is usually about frivolous things.  

Yo is being held accountable for every statement she makes.  Why is that?   Her use of extreme modifiers and outright lies is constant and has left her with no credibility and not one friend on this cast.  That is why.  Bravo had to hire one for her!  She is an insufferable snob and that has alienated many fans of this show.  How can you give sympathy to a woman who demands it?  

• Love 14

I do not post much and can't keep up with all the posts, so I am wondering how many people believe Lisa Rinna's story about the story line?

Since I am more of a casual watcher and Vanderpump has shown this behavior in the past, I am sort of believing Rinna.

My bottom line is that I think all of these women lie 95% of the time.

You know one thing I have to say about how messy these women communicate and seem to contradict themselves is that it has to be hard to try and get a point across. I mean seriously. That could also account for a lot of their contradictions. Okay so let me see if i can get my point across. These women go in hard on a subject or an inconsistency. A grievance and a slight etc. etc. etc and when they start getting into it I think that it's in the moment that they realized they have to try to get a point across while avoiding a plethora of buzz words/times/names due to 4th wall limits. I know we as viewers account for this already but do we really look at housewives dialogue and listen while similtaneously applying what they can't say into how they are trying to convey a thought? I just started thinking about it in these terms and man oh man.. A housewife is revved and starts to get into it and in the course of explaining what in their minds is a easy enough point to make starts becoming more and more difficult once they come upon a detail that they were about to use and then realize nope side step that cant use that. All of a sudden they start grasping for other details that are useable because it doesn't break fourth wall but not exactly a good fit for the point being made. I mean yeah we do acknowledge it but imagine it in real time when they are in the middle of something or other and how they probably ALL go through lyme brain every so often cause something easy enough to express is reduced to and incoherent, pool of random and disconnected details loosely tied to that gem of information that can't be shared. I'm not surprised that they can look like straight up liars because there's no way to not trip into that situations every so often.

• Love 3

The problem I find with Yolanda's exaggerations (I think they're often outright lies, but whatever) is the specificity she gives to them, but when she's confronted about it, it's a generalization. Saying she is bedridden for 18 months is very specific. She could easily have said a year and a half and there wouldn't be as much scrutiny. Most people understand a year and a half is 18 months, but anything from 16-20 months would be acceptable when someone says "a year and a half." Yolanda, however, wants to be more precise-- to probably sound more credible-- and when it doesn't check out she's experiencing a fog. Specific exaggerations like this muddy the waters when specificity is needed and more reasonable like when talking about her inability to walk she meant great distances like 4-5 miles, not a leisurely stroll, which makes perfect sense. These murky waters, however, are exactly what she wants.

I find no purpose for Erika, they might as well have had Yolanda's Lyme advocate seated next to her. I wish she entered the show in a more... not neutral, but as a more open figure. She was basically a surrogate. But I did love that she acknowledged the origins of "pat the puss" as being a dancehall move and didn't let Bravo make her a Miley.

I can't be arsed to care about Lisa Rinna and the gymnastics she's going through to pass the buck.

• Love 11

That's a good way of trying to make sense of Yolanda's perspective. Good post.

I'm in agreement that when you are genuine friends and you actually spend time with each other you don't need to ask so many questions. Proximity and a reciprocal friendship will give you those facts. That's why WoYo says they are Hollywood friends. I get it.

I think it's runs deep and that Yo and LVP are trying to each snatch the Beverly Hills crown, another words, there's more to it. Also, it seems like with Yolanda and many of the other women that she feels "don't have her back," she also doesn't see her own part in why they don't get closer to her. It's complicated for all parties involved. For LVP, it's Mo, it's Yo's treatment of Ken and her cozy relationship with Brandi. With Kyle, it's also about Brandi and Yo being mad that Kyle was whispering about her at the table and who knows what else...

Wait, wasn't Yo mad at Kyle for not bringing her a glass of water in the limo or was that someone else?

I just think WoYo doesn't like some of the ladies. It happens, that's life. However, IMO, she tends to put the most of blame of their poor relationship status on them and what they haven't done for her, not thinking what they have offered or done is ever enough. Example? Saying it was selfish to pick chocolate as a flavor for the shake during the BH challenge/course. Selfish? That's a big word for such a small thing.

This too. I had thought to include this point as well but if was after I posted it so I just didn't bother. They aren't close friends so she's not exactly required to make shit clear to them and considering they are well aware of their friendship statuses I found them mulling over it to be crossing the line. Whether it's them not crossing into Yo's inner circle or her not allowing them in. Their place in her life is a place where the bullet points should have been where it ended. Moving beyond that is their right of course and gossiping about it is their prerogative as well but then that makes Yolanda's reactions to them pretty justified to me.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4

Reunion time, That was part one

Will two and three be more fun?

Indignant housewives check their diction

what is fact and what is fiction?

You run today and then crawl later

is she sick? if not? you hater her

Instagram and selfies posted

and IV needles and she's boasted

I don't do makeup, a robe I wear

challenge my sickness, don't you dare!

My bipolar friend, Erica Jayne

In her talking heads, ain't the same

As the gal on stage, mirrors and smoke

and 'top ten' hits, that's no joke.

All the money won't buy you fame

it's thrown away, and that's a shame.

Look over there It's lisa rinna

Try to prove you are a winna?

Taking down that story line

who said what and at what time

You of glue, wigs and lips

got to remember, one sinks ships

Eileen D on the couch,

trying to prove she ain't no slouch

She traded a husband for a vince

When it came up she might have flinched

Lisa V wanted dirt

but by asking question people got hurt.

Baby horses, dogs and swan

Again who's stuck cleaning the lawn

Horse shit, dog shit, fertilizer?

She's started a fram, who's the wiser.

Kyle on stage, look there's kim

who drank and stole, on a whim

maybe next year, she'll be back

can we cut her a little slack

yoyo's there, what can we say

How's she feeling, what's today?

IV, a cleanse freeze, detox

or injecting cell from an ox?

No more david, she's alone

Gonna get treatment, close to home.

Next week we move on to part two

will we find out something new

Or maybe just the same stuff

people crying, patting puss

you said, I said, finger point

a new victim, they'll anoint

We could make a drinking game

of the show, but it's too lame

It would be frantic, That I'd think

and it would drive me to chug my drink.........

• Love 5

The problem I find with Yolanda's exaggerations (I think they're often outright lies, but whatever) is the specificity she gives to them, but when she's confronted about it, it's a generalization. Saying she is bedridden for 18 months is very specific. She could easily have said a year and a half and there wouldn't be as much scrutiny. Most people understand a year and a half is 18 months, but anything from 16-20 months would be acceptable when someone says "a year and a half." Yolanda, however, wants to be more precise-- to probably sound more credible-- and when it doesn't check out she's experiencing a fog. Specific exaggerations like this muddy the waters when specificity is needed and more reasonable like when talking about her inability to walk she meant great distances like 4-5 miles, not a leisurely stroll, which makes perfect sense. These murky waters, however, are exactly what she wants.

I find no purpose for Erika, they might as well have had Yolanda's Lyme advocate seated next to her. I wish she entered the show in a more... not neutral, but as a more open figure. She was basically a surrogate. But I did love that she acknowledged the origins of "pat the puss" as being a dancehall move and didn't let Bravo make her a Miley.

I can't be arsed to care about Lisa Rinna and the gymnastics she's going through to pass the buck.

I always wonder why it even matters. I mean when I listen to people tell me something I don't even bother retaining throwaway details like the day of the week it happened unless I NEED that piece of information for something specific. The only reason they even NEED any information Yo gives them to be specifically accurate is to try and PROVE or DISPROVE something else Yo has said. I mean I really don't see a lot of her inconsistencies as anything more than throw away pieces of information in the first place. Those details accurate or not is pretty much a non issue for me. But then again, with certain people and certain topic I'm only interested in the abridged version and not the complete novel. The jist is all I care about so these "lies" Yo tells always amuses me cause when they are pointed out I'm thinking it's just throw away information anyway so I don't get dissecting it.

This would be me recounting a convo with Yo: "I was talking to Yo and she said something about how she hasn't been out and about too much in however many weeks". All I would be taking away from the convo was that she was battling fatigue or whatever in the recent weeks. That's it. I wouldn't even be looking for red flags even if they were there. Nothing's a red flag to me cause quite honestly her telling me "she's been bedridden for months" just says to me that she's been feeling lousy and it's all I need if my response to her is that I hope she gets to one of her good days soon and feels better. That's all that needs to be understood anyway so whatever to the rest of it.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

At this point I wish Yolanda would tell everyone who questions her about her illness and accuses her of exaggerating her symptoms or condition to kiss her ass.

Having known two people with MS and another with fibromyalgia -- two illnesses that -- like Lyme Disease are very individual in how they manifest themselves and affect each person -- I'd tell them to go F off some where. Who is anyone else to question how another person feels or describes their illness. Or question what they say about how they get "brain fog" or "how long the couldn't get out of bed" or to say "well you looked well in that picture you took on the boat?"

Well. maybe that's because she was feeling good that day. That has nothing to do with the her not feeling well enough to get dressed at some other time.

Let one of these other bitches come down with Lyme Disease or something that's hard to pin down in terms of how symptoms ebb and flow….or when they strike. Would they feel someone else has the right to question them about it? Some times you can feel an fatigue episode coming and you still can't do anything about it. It has to run it's course. These women are woefully ignorant -- and arrogant to boot.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 11

Is it difficult to understand that when I say I think Yo is a freeking liar, that I'm talking about Yo?

I am not saying no one else in the universe ever lied. Just wondering.

I think there is a fine line between the truth and a lie.

You get four people watching a dog walk across the street and you are going to get four different stories - it's going start as a Pomeranian walking across the street and evolve into a pit bull sprinting after an Oldsdmobile in a few mohths? it's all a matter of perspective?

• Love 2

I feel like every time Kyle tried to shut down conversations about her sister, there were comments about how she "isn't allowed" to do that. 

Yes, that was said early in the season when all hell was breaking loose with Kim and her arrests. Then Kyle told them she did not want to be a part of any Kim conversation. LisaV stopped and didn't mention again Kim until she told Kyle that she tweeted Kim Happy Birthday. Rinna and Eileen kept it up despite Kyle asking them to stop discussing her sister in front of her. Again, Kyle didn't say they couldn't talk about Kim at all, just for them to Please not do it in front of her.

• Love 11

i think there are a probably many reasons why Yo is not trashing David that have to do with mutual secret keeping and a possible pay out but I also think it's very much a part of Yo's personality to not acknowledge anger. IMO Yo does disappointed, sad, hurt, sick ,etc but she does not do anger. Anything that resemble anger gets redirected to other emotions and probably some physical malady. Now before my fellow posters unleash the cracken, that's just my opinion.

I think based upon the divorce with Mohamed, that Yo and David will continue with a cordial divorce. David is best buddies with Mohamed and was in Paris with the girls after the divorce was announced.  I do agree that Yo doesn't get angry that often - provided that you don't call her stupid.

There is a book in the making.  Just wait for the book.

I bet the divorce settlement will have a non-disclosure agreement.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 6

You get four people watching a dog walk across the street and you are going to get four different stories - it's going start as a Pomeranian walking across the street and evolve into a pit bull sprinting after an Oldsdmobile in a few mohths? it's all a matter of perspective?

Sure, okay but I am only talking about one perspective, mine.
  • Love 8

Not when you roll that beautiful bean footage there isn't.  It's on tape.  Then you can watch the dog crossing the street and determine its breed.

• Love 10

This too. I had thought to include this point as well but if was after I posted it so I just didn't bother. They aren't close friends so she's not exactly required to make shit clear to them and considering they are well aware of their friendship statuses I found them mulling over it to be crossing the line. Whether it's them not crossing into Yo's inner circle or her not allowing them in. Their place in her life is a place where the bull points should have been where it ended. Moving beyond that is their right of course and gossiping about it is their prerogative as well but then that makes Yolanda's reactions to them pretty justified to me.

I see your point but Bravo is in on this plot line as well.  She is a cast member they will not allow to be ignored.  Things would be different in their real lives.  I doubt any of them would put energy toward a relationship with her.  And Yolanda is demanding they support her. She is also involving the internet!  She wants everyone she can get to become involved.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 8

Sure, okay but I am only talking about one perspective, mine.

And that is the truth,

Now two of us are telling the story and I start to add details that you know aren't quite truthful, Do you correct me or let it slide?

That is the dilemma of dealing with someone like yoyo. You know what the truth is, but she keeps adding to the story until it becomes her 'truth'. You can't correct her because she'll turn it around and make you feel like you are calling her a liar. To keep the peace, you just let it slide and it becomes the official version of what took place.

• Love 9

IMO opinion this long list of lies that Yo has told is imagined. To me it's more a bunch of contradictions. Contradictions are not lies it just means that Yo isn't too interested in presenting a clean and polished account of anything for anyone's approval.

I do think that she gets in her own way and creates even more contradictions without meaning to. She generalizes her experiences and tries to encompass a message within a few pieces of information over and over again. Even though she's obviously not hiding her struggles she also feels that the basics should be enough to explain what's going on with her for those that don't go passed the surface with her.  I think she has a set of information that she's ready to share for those curious and interested in her "journey" but who aren't really too invested in her day to day battle with her illness.  This set of information involves these superficial items/comments/explanations:

-The white robe

-Good days and bad days

-Journey

-Bedridden

-Lyme brain

-Frozen saunas

-Generalized descriptions of yada yada yada

I think she feels that should be sufficient for people who don't care to dig any deeper on a genuine note. I don't think that's wrong. I think it goes south when, which is her point this season, if any of what's listed above doesn't sit well to the point that it sparks discussions and DOUBT among the women then, here's a thought,  try to get questions answered in an authentic setting.  No I don't mean confronting Yolanda and peppering her with the selfish need to know this that and the other or call her out. I mean, dive in. Be an inner friend with genuine contact and I think her point is that if that were done then the answers will present themselves organically over the course of continuous interactions with her. Conversation would be easier to initiate and even more information could be shared because the atmosphere isn't forced. It's plain to see for me.

Not that she's demanding their company just that if it's worth talking about to the degree that the women are discussing it then wouldn't it makes sense that it's important enough to be more regularly invested with Yolanda in general?  If the answer is no then the superficial, generalized template is all that you require. Nothing more nothing less. I think it makes sense that when Yolanda speaks of certain things the "versions" vary because she's just recycling the basics and isn't really inclined to give them anything more than, refer to points listed above. 

This season was her annoyance that they were requiring her to go deeper and give more intimate details in order for them to "understand" better when in her mind they didn't deserve anymore than the bullpoints she's already put out there. Anything deeper than that shouldn't just be demanded. It should be acquired organically over time through observing her and accompanying her through it. That may sound like a lot but I don't think so for what they wanted from her. I don't think she's trying to keep stuff a secret I just think she resents the idea that she's required to distribute information ito them at their bequest and in detail when it can be acquired by natural and authentic contact with her. That's been her point. Either be there or don't but there are two sets of information that can be had. The superficial bullet points for those not interested in taking their "concern" that far and the more detailed versions that are reserved for those who are actually bringing something to the table regularly. Nothing wrong with that. I'm more offended that the women don't respect the right Yolanda has to implement this in HER life and regarding HER struggles.

She sticks to her template. It's a pre-printed form and all she does is change up timeframes, trip locations that sort of thing but the surrounding info stays the same. Lyme,check, brainfog, check, fatigue, check,  robe, check, my prince, check so I can see why her stories may seem not so clean cut because she doesn't want to give away the complete story to people who don't care enough to have a positive place in it.  That's my take anyway..

If you have admitted to wanting to share your journey with people, advocate for a disease in hopes of finding a cure, how do you wish to accomplish that using a TV platform if you decide that others in your cast are not deserving of being educated and informed unless they ask the questions just right? Yolanda did a disservice to her platform by limiting the understanding of her journey as well as the challenges of the disease by generalizing things to the bullet points you mentioned above. Your theory contradicts Yolanda's own admissions about why she continues to be a part of the franchise despite her illness. She can't have it both ways. If she doesn't want to share with these women, she should go somewhere else because the process of diluting her experience isn't doing her cause any favours - and she has a great cause and message to share.

Now she would have no reason to share her marital woes with "Hollywood Friends" but when it comes to her illness, I don't think it flies when the behavior is counterproductive to the expressed intent. Many of the questions she was confronted with, instead of trying to address individually or become defensive, she could have easily answered a number of them in ways that generally addressed the struggles of Chronic Lyme Disease sufferers and she would have done so without needing to provide the most intimate of details. In the process, she shuts them down, making continuous chatter on their part look juvenile and mean while at the same time, she's also teaching the viewers. For example, instead of arguing with LR about it not being her business who she's friends with and spends her time with (which she is absolutely right), she could have explained the ebbs and flow of the disease and that you never know when you'll have your good days/moments and bad days/moments and follow it up with "I had a prior commitment and while I had every intention of attending Erika's BBQ, closer to the time of the event I wasn't feeling well. I would have loved to have been there to support her but  I explained everything to Erika and we're fine. She hasn't taken issue with my absence and I'm not sure why you should."

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 7

At this point I wish Yolanda would tell everyone who questions her about her illness and accuses her of exaggerating her symptoms or condition to kiss her ass.

Having known two people with MS and another with fibromyalgia -- two illnesses that -- like Lyme Disease are very individual in how they manifest themselves and affect each person -- I'd tell them to go F off some where. Who is anyone else to question how another person feels or describes their illness. Or question what they say about how they get "brain fog" or "how long the couldn't get out of bed" or to say "well you looked well in that picture you took on the boat?"

Well. maybe that's because she was feeling good that day. That has nothing to do with the her not feeling well enough to get dressed at some other time.

Let one of these other bitches come down with Lyme Disease or something that's hard to pin down in terms of how symptoms ebb and flow….or when they strike. Would they feel someone else has the right to question them about it? Some times you can feel an fatigue episode coming and you still can't do anything about it. It has to run it's course. These women are woefully ignorant -- and arrogant to boot.

Yes and Yes!

But I think a big thing about it is that she's not willing to have an open information table once a week to explain in great ACCURATE detail why on this day she was in the park walking even though she put up a selfie of her in bed resting with the caption #imdying.. Cause of course these contradictions just NEED to be gotten to the bottom of. The fate of the free world depends on it. LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

I think there is a difference between a person who exaggerates once in a while and a person who has a pattern of exaggerating, overstating and downright lying.  Yo does this when it comes to her illness, the illness itself (Lyme Disease) and what other people may say to her in conversation.

Note to Yo:  It's rude to whisper to someone when other people are present.  I learned that from you.

The CDC states:

Although sometimes called "chronic Lyme disease," this condition is properly known as "Post-treatment Lyme Disease Syndrome" (PTLDS).

Calling it CLD is different from PTLDS.  CLD is saying that the infection is ongoing.  PTLDS is saying the lingering symptoms are the result of residual damage to tissues and the immune system that occurred during the infection.  There is no scientific evidence or studies that support CLD.  That's why it's properly known as PTLDS. 

Yo calls it CLD because she believes she has an ongoing infection of Lyme.  Her life mission is to find the cure.  The cure already exists.  Damage caused by Lyme is something else entirely.

Yolanda may have a different rule about that when people are sitting on a couch, RIGHT NEXT TO HER, than her rule about whispering when sitting across and down from someone at a dining table that holds ten people.    ;-)

• Love 8

Not when you roll that beautiful bean footage there isn't.  It's on tape.  Then you can watch the dog crossing the street and determine its breed.

I bet everyone missed the cat that tackled the dog on the other side.....adorable-cats-sleeping-on-dogs-4.jpg

• Love 7

I tried to find the post to quote it that posed the question.  Who do we believe Rinna or LVP on "Well there goes the fucking plot line."

I think LVP probably said it under her breath to Kyle.  It is her sense of humor.  I doubt Andy is pleased that Lisar brought this up.  They would like everyone to believe these discussions are spontaneous and organic.   LVP is waving it off because she knows discussing plot line is not for public consumption.   

• Love 8

The thing about chronic illness, invisible illness is that although each person has "individual" symptoms" for the disease/syndrome they also have many similarities.    The similarities is how doctors and diagnosticians decide what the person actually has.

We as lay people can only go by what Yolanda says!  What she says is so outlandish, and so exaggerated it's not that we don't believe everything she says it's that we question some of the things she says.   If she didn't want people to question her journey she shouldn't have brought it up.   I have to say that when I saw her Medicine Closet I noticed only 2 actual Rx and the rest was all supplements.   (I would love it if someone would show a screenshot)   She told Erika she couldn't come to her dinner because her brain was swollen.  (As someone mentioned before, if that were the case she should have been in the hospital.  Doesn't brain swelling carry a huge risk for seizures?)     If she wants to be "the face of" and inform people of her disease then IMHO stop with the exaggeration, misinformation, and quack medicines.   And for goodness sake, stop living her life in her white bathrobe. Put on some comfy clothes, wash your face, comb your hair and at least in your own mind you might feel better.

• Love 14

This too. I had thought to include this point as well but if was after I posted it so I just didn't bother. They aren't close friends so she's not exactly required to make shit clear to them and considering they are well aware of their friendship statuses I found them mulling over it to be crossing the line. Whether it's them not crossing into Yo's inner circle or her not allowing them in. Their place in her life is a place where the bullet points should have been where it ended. Moving beyond that is their right of course and gossiping about it is their prerogative as well but then that makes Yolanda's reactions to them pretty justified to me.

That's very true.

What about it though when it comes to the show? Viewers of the show here and all over social media, sounded confused about Yo. If Yo doesn't attend many of their outings and leaves events early, how can you build on that for the shows purposes? They are all supposed to participate in each other lives at least to a certain level as a responsibility to their job. I'm not saying they each need to spill secrets if they don't wish to...only to at least appear present and participating while in group settings. To me, it seemed like Erika was acting as a guard as well when it came to Yo. They all end up on teams it seems, nothing new there but this year we had a new housewife, Erika, that seemed to act as a buffer on Yo's behalf.

Perhaps if she clarified on the show, she could clear up any ignorance or misunderstandings that she herself puts out there in the universe.

I think they all gossip and bitch behind each other's backs, but I felt Rinna was the one who crossed the line on almost every HW except for Eileen. She was enraged...others may all plot but Rinna's emotions took over in a way that we don't see with the other ladies this season. Last year, Rinna at the end of the season, along with Kim & Brandi were also over the top.

Edited by IKnowRight

I see your point but Bravo is in on this plot line as well.  She is a cast member they will not allow to be ignored.  Things would be different in their real lives.  I doubt any of them would put energy toward a relationship with her.  And Yolanda is demanding they support her. So she is involving everyone, too.  

She demands the support her IF they are going to play into Bravo's hands and insert themselves into the illness aspect of her storyline. I think she can accept that they aren't moving mountains and are coworkers. I think her position is then keep the mention of her illness peripheral and not Bravo, Toxic, Ratings oriented. It's pretty obvious that it's not so much that the women are talking about it but that they took the chatter in a negative direction and we all know it was for the sake of ratings and the show.  It's not for them to exploit. The same way exploiting Kim's addiction for camera time and story line was in bad taste.

Say what you (in general "you" not you specifically) want about how Yolanda has presented her illness and the illness of her kids on the show, tactless, gaudy, misguided but her references to her illness come from a genuinely impaired place. Not to cause harm, not to be deliberately underhanded. She believes she's afflicted with something significant. She's has displayed physicals symptoms so she's obviously experiencing it. She's not some con artist putting on a con. She's just displaying her journey to the chagrin of a lot of people but she's genuinely struggling regardless of what it is. Being a cast member of the show and outlining forced dynamics that can't be denied doesn't negate the unfortunate direction the cast decided to go with this particular storyline. Sure they can't ignore it but they can choose to more the story along more graciously if they choose and turn their attention to some other meaty plot point to keep the viewers happy.

That these women across the franchise choose the bloodiest option each and every season sends chills down my spine. They DON'T have to play into it when the stakes are that high. They CAN choose to detour the momentum into something else if any of them had even the slightest moral compass. They CAN put their foots down and say nope, too serious of an issue or problem not doing it, not taking it there. It's too dangerous. I get they need to bring something to the table but shit try harder to make it about something else if it's a topic that really shouldn't be disturbed. The callousness being an expectation with these shows isn't a good enough excuse for me. And it shouldn't be in general.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

^^^ We have no control over what another thinks or says.  If you want to be understood, it is your responsibility to speak your truth clearly, without shame or blame and then let go of the outcome.  You cannot control the outcome. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 13

Where, oh, where are Tamra Barney, Meghan King Edmonds, and Shannon Beador when you need them?

And where is Brooks to answer Yolanda's question "how do you fake medical records?"  I think he has some experience in that area.  

• Love 15

I believe and this applies across the board, when a person makes an observation please, please, please stop using the word judging or being judgmental.  The observation is only judgmental when someone disagrees.  Same with the word labeling.  Rinna never labeled Yolanda anything, she labeled Kim and addict and she did call Brandi a drunk. Hmmm.....somehow I don't either should be that surprised with that characterization.

Yolanda's hyperbole, I can't read, I can't watch TV, then why is it she has a comment about everyone's behavior?

So well put.  That has been the difference for Yolanda and now her children.  I think Yolanda started feeling a whole lot better once she signed her book deal and signed Anwar with IMG. 

If they should happen to get their own reality show, like the Kardashian's, that would be the final step to Yolanda being back to 100%.  Just think - she could be the momager of three sibling models.  They could show them shoving a couple of almonds in their faces as they rush off to photo shoots.  Yolanda could have a big whiteboard, where she would keep track of all their bookings (of course, Gigi would have one whole board of her own).  

It could be called "The Hadid House of Marketable Models" or something....wouldn't be surprised if the E channel or Style network would pick that up.

• Love 6

If you have admitted to wanting to share your journey with people, advocate for a disease in hopes of finding a cure, how do you wish to accomplish that using a TV platform if you decide that others in your cast are not deserving of being educated and informed unless they ask the questions just right? Yolanda did a disservice to her platform by limiting the understanding of her journey as well as the challenges of the disease by generalizing things to the bullet points you mentioned above. Your theory contradicts Yolanda's own admissions about why she continues to be a part of the franchise despite her illness. She can't have it both ways. If she doesn't want to share with these women, she should go somewhere else because the process of diluting her experience isn't doing her cause any favours - and she has a great cause and message to share.

Now she would have no reason to share her marital woes with "Hollywood Friends" but when it comes to her illness, I don't think it flies when the behavior is counterproductive to the expressed intent. Many of the questions she was confronted with, instead of trying to address individually or become defensive, she could have easily answered a number of them in ways that generally addressed the struggles of Chronic Lyme Disease sufferers and she would have done so without needing to provide the most intimate of details. In the process, she shuts them down, making continuous chatter on their part look juvenile and mean while at the same time, she's also teaching the viewers. For example, instead of arguing with LR about it not being her business who she's friends with and spends her time with (which she is absolutely right), she could have explained the ebbs and flow of the disease and that you never know when you'll have your good days/moments and bad days/moments and follow it up with "I had a prior commitment and while I had every intention of attending Erika's BBQ, closer to the time of the event I wasn't feeling well. I would have loved to have been there to support her but  I explained everything to Erika and we're fine. She hasn't taken issue with my absence and I'm not sure why you should."

She can share her journey with VIEWERS.

Has nothing to do with whether she wants to give detail after detail to these hags who could honestly care less.

Another key factor. There is POSITIVE and then there is NEGATIVE. Why is Yolanda expected to entertain their NEGATIVE reception of how she presents her illness vs. Yolanda expecting and requesting a more respectful, POSITIVE approach and I guess "asking just right" when it comes to them wanting to completely understand her battle? Why wouldn't she want the positive approach and not be insulted with the negative. I mean wouldn't we all want the nicer side of things as opposed to the nasty? Seems logical to me.

Maybe she shut them down because at that point she resented the idea of even having to explain herself to people who have already expressed some not nice things about her and her illness. At that point I would pretty much tell them to Fuck Off too!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1

Yolanda's dress was a fail. Sorry. The nude panels only gave the illusion of her being swaddled in ace bandages. Kyle needs to keep the girls in; they are not attractive. I actually think that Erika was the most attractive. She may be over the top but she owns it, revels in it, and looks good in it. The other ladies need to update their looks and wardrobes into the 21st century.

As to who looks good or bad, I only ever compare the ladies to themselves.  So in that regard, I thought LVP and Eileen were fails, because they looked far less attractive than they have in the past.  Yo had good hair and makeup, so overall win for me.  And I thought Kyle, Erika, and Rinna looked good.  As to the "girls", I tend to be a little modest in that regard.  I'm a natural DD, and it's easy to cross into obscene if one isn't careful.  But having said that, if you're going to show the girls, I prefer them shown as Erika, Kyle, and Rinna did.  No strapless dress that needs continual yanking, no strangled boobage attempting to escape at the throat or armpits.  Just boobs sitting where they belong, happily on display.  And no absurd white blouse unbuttoned to naval with pink lacy bra exposed.  The dresses were worn as intended, and Rinna and Kyle looked pretty comfortable in them.  Erika's was tight, but I think she was spanxed within an inch of her life.  We've all seen her completely naked - wanted or not - and she appeared far thinner in her golden dress.  LVP and Yo's dresses were unattractive in my opinion, and the colors did nothing for them.

Best hair - Yoland, Kyle, Erika's extensions, and Rinna's wig.  Kathryn is an attractive woman, but her fried platinum hair detracts from her looks.  LVP's is too long, lacks layers, and has an unflattering (for most women) middle part.  Eileen's cut last season was amazing, but that's gone, and I really dislike her chunks of color.

They all had microphone packs on so if LVP said "there goes our storyline" then they would have audio of it and could easily prove it if that was said (Rinna already broke the 4th wall)

I'm not so sure.  Kyle is clearly Team LVP this reunion, and she wasn't jumping to defend LVP about that comment.  I also don't agree that we would have heard it if Lisa said it.  I think Lisa is more protected, in general, than the rest of the cast.  She's a fan favorite, and Bravo gains nothing by casting her in a negative light.

LVP surely put on the act of her life on this show.  She pouted all the way through, barely managing a smile.  It was obvious she was out to show how wounded she'd been and to gain as much audience sympathy as possible.  Interestingly, one of the comments that bothered her the most was hearing that someone had referred to her as "old."  Ah, vanity!  And what a curse to live where looks are so important!

I wish that Lisa could stand up and take it like other HWs do.  I've always liked her, but it peeves me when she puts herself in the elevated position of being the one who shouldn't be criticized -- ever!

LVP is very complicated for me.  I think she gets away with saying nasty things because of the accent.  I think she also gets a flattering edit.  I really liked her when she joined Dancing with the Stars, and was pretty surprised by how unlikable I found her on that show.  She wasn't much loved by the cast or viewers of that show either.  I remember telling my mom that LVP would go far because of her personality.  Taken out of the context of Beverly Hills and RH, she just seemed really odd wearing 1980s leotard, and leg warmers, and dragging around Ken and her purse pup.  I think LVP is a woman who sparks with almost anyone, yet there was no chemistry with her dance partner or anyone else on the show.

And I really don't like the dichotomy of:  Stiff upper-lipped Brit so stoic and strong she only shows true emotion with her pets, and delicate hothouse flower so attacked and ganged up on that she needs her elderly husband dogging her every step to guard her delicate feelings.  I thought it was primarily her fans pushing her victimhood, but then she made the comment of having to wear armor to the reunion, and I could not have rolled my eyes harder.  Please!  She is so kowtowed to that the show assigned Yo and Erika to Lisa's couch to give the impression she had stronger support than the other couch.  And can you even imagine LVP's response to someone grilling her about her failed marriage to Ken?  Is that why you were emotional Lisa?  Because Ken had just dumped you.  How long ago did you realize your marriage was ruined?  Did you know it on this day?  Did you know it on that day?

I will even accept LVP's somewhat cruel humor as Brit-style dry.  She used to be far more self-deprecating (which I adore), but now her  mockery tends to be aimed at others.  I can even handle that.  But for God's sake, own it and stop running away when you're confronted.  And I don't believe for a moment that she's nearly as delicate as she pretends.  She's spoiled, stubborn, and elitist.  She doesn't care what these women think of her (except perhaps Kyle), and it's because she looks down on them.  She also doesn't like anyone challenging her position.  And all that's fine.  Just don't play victim.

• Love 10

Yolanda is cured now, so this should not be an issue next season.  Onward to her Lifestyle spin off after the book tour, she hopes.  

I don't understand the snarking about Yo being mum on the details of her divorce.  There was no bitterness and neither wanted any details to be revealed knowing how that can go.  Respect each other and move on.   Best way to do it.  

• Love 3

And where is Brooks to answer Yolanda's question "how do you fake medical records?"  I think he has some experience in that area.  

"medical records" mostly consist of treatment notation and there are only a few sheets that have a definitive diagnosis on them. In a paper record (which are vanishing as the change goes to electric med recs) there is an outpatient record with your office visits and if you are admitted, a hospital record. All the extra paper in a MR only details your treatment, nurses notes, doctors orders, input and output records, lab and xrays. So, when yo pulled out a stack of papers, I knew she was a fraud, pulling out a single sheet of paper just didn't have the impact of a whole folder, that and the fact that it would have meant nothing to those chuckleheads?

• Love 1

She can share her journey with VIEWERS.

Has nothing to do with whether she wants to give detail after detail to these hags who could honestly care less.

Her scenes with the hags are an obvious way to share it with the viewers, though, and she uses it that way plenty of times. ("Have you guys seen my pill closet?" etc.) She's either talking to them, talking in THs or talking to other people, and in all of them she's the same. She doesn't speak any differently to anybody else than she does with the other women that I remember. 

• Love 8

I didn't mind Yo saying she wished Kyle had defended her as vehemently as she defended Faye. I'm sure LVP and Kim have thought the same thing. Kyle is ride or die for Faye. As soon as someone looks at Faye cross eyed Kyle shuts it down.

Maybe Faye is ride or die for Kyle. One thing for sure, LVP and Kim are not. 

• Love 8

Her scenes with the hags are an obvious way to share it with the viewers, though, and she uses it that way plenty of times. ("Have you guys seen my pill closet?" etc.) She's either talking to them, talking in THs or talking to other people, and in all of them she's the same. She doesn't speak any differently to anybody else than she does with the other women that I remember. 

I just don't find it surprising that she doesn't choose negative interactions with the women as a way to share with the viewers. I can understand if she doesn't view a strained and tense scene with the wives as a positive opportunity to bring awareness to the disease. Makes sense to me.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

Far stranger was Yolanda making the Kathryn/Kyle/Faye debate about her.  Maybe Yolanda can answer the question herself-when has she ever been a friend to Kyle?

Thank you! Yolanda hears EVERYTHING in terms of herself. Kathryn and Kyle were talking about Faye, but Yo could only relate it to herself and her status as a victim. I snorted out loud at that part.

• Love 15

But I can do without the 'can't wait until she's dead or bitch deserves what she gets' posts.  Unnecessary.  Imo, of course.

Who on Earth ever said such a thing on this forum?

• Love 11

Who on Earth ever said such a thing on this forum?

Were I to hazard a guess, I'd say no one.  The closest I've seen is someone saying that Yolanda got the response she deserved.  Hardly the same as the above characterization, but hyperbole does seem to be the theme of the thread today.

• Love 11

Despite previously having depression, Yolanda still discounts it as a cause of her symptoms. She says she has been depressed at times due to her health but that it is not the cause of her health problems. She minimizes the role of depression but this is the woman with suicidal IDEATIONS and even a PLAN

Silly Vicky! Always bringing accurate medical information into the conversation. You're ruining all the stories of Pretend Disease-havers and the frauds who cash in on them.

• Love 9

Maybe Faye is ride or die for Kyle. One thing for sure, LVP and Kim are not.

You beat me to the punch. I think Kyle goes hard for Faye because her friendship with Faye hasn't been a roller coaster over the years. I don't blame Kyle for maintaining a friendship with LVP or trying to work on her relationship with her sister, but it makes sense that she probably doesn't go "100%, I have your back above any and everything" with either woman because of what has happened between them. I imagine Kyle's friendship with Faye has had none of the drama that it has had with LVP or Kim. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 8

I'm just going by what I sense in the woman, but I don't think Yoolander ever has actually thought about the details of this idea of suicide.  Rather she envisions some grand noble martyred choice that no one else would be brave enough to take.  And then mentally wallows in the fantasy aftermath.  The children weeping and wailing and giving marathon eulogies.  Mohammed throwing himself on her grave wailing she was his one true love and all the young bippies he tried to fuck senseless in his hidden haram rooms he is so proud of were just a failed attempt to alleviate the pain of never being good enough for the eternal perfection that is Yoolander.  The President and Congress of course declare a national week of mourning.  Millions fill the streets to watch her body go to its eternal rest in a way that makes the funeral cortege of Princess Diana look like a line up of carpoolers at the local school let off.  Outcry is heard from even more millions demanding the heads of every woman who was not her true friend.  And David Foster composes his greatest epic masterpiece based on his grief for her.  Before plunging off a cliff. 

Then she just snaps back to reality and takes the smaller pleasures in lying her ass off and getting to wallow in the self-imposed fake living martyrdom that is her actual life.  But self-involved hags like her don't off themselves at this stage.  Bitch has got plenty of fake illness to live for right now.

You bet your bippie! 

• Love 1

There have been so many articles and studies linked on this forum that show that CLD does not exsist. If people choose not to read them or believe them I don't know what would ever convince them. I put me faith in medical researchers and do not beleive that Yolanda and her doctors are on the cutting edge of medicine.

Just wanted to add that practitioners of alternative medicines make a lot of money off people's skepticism, fear and ignorance with literally no oversight for the government or licensing body. They are not giving away these cures and supplements for free.

I think that the reason that the theory that entire medical establishment is withholding cures or aid of any kind is so weird to me is that there are SO many people involved in medical science. That kind of collusion would have to be the biggest in the history of the world. Every single medical professional is following the exact same script? And what would be the reason for hiding The Truth? To me, a conspiracy theory is a conspiracy theory. It doesn't matter if it involves aliens or climate change or doctors hiding cures or treatments.

• Love 6