Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Have their been previews for next week's episode?  I either have not seen them or I have and it is just more of the same and I think I have already seen it.  Is this where Yolanda walks out or did that already air?!  I don't remember.  LOL! 

I hear you!  And it's cool to have the male perspective here! 

Thanks, I have a conspiracy theory about the Erica Yane character.......

Erica mentioned that she didn't have many female friends and she found it hard to make them?

I can bet that this was character came out of  the reception she got when she was introduced to the wives of the partners Daddy Warbucks works with? "Hot, young wife" usually causes some kind of ripples in the pond and I bet EY got pretty beat up. Think of an LVP type grilling her about who she is, where she came from and then dismissing her (ala Eileen D and the affair conversation).

Erica, gets a hobby. She probably had the 'entertainer bug' and that was easier to get with someone bankrolling her 'career'. He gets a wife who is a star, private dances and someone to parade about, She gets a certain amount of revenge on the women who don't like her and gets to play the sex kitten to a room of men who aren't going to want to bang her after her shows.

The "pat the puss" move is like the 'crotch grab/suck it' move guys do. It's not outrageous or even shocking - patting her labia in front of a bunch of gay men doesn't do anyone any good? Matter of fact, it's probably a salute to all the LVP types who reel in shock when they see her act?

• Love 2

And don't forget Tom referred to LVP as his only formidable opponent in the world. As his wife, that can't be fun to hear. I also agree that Yo poisoned that well from the beginning.

I for one, do not believe that Erika never watched the show before going on.  I can't figure out what LVP did for Erika to come up with the throwing from the side comments.  Up until that point all of LVP's interactions had been head on.  I still struggle with the fact if Erika and Yolanda were such good friends how come neither had ever watched the other's performance?  It is not as if Erika has particularly high brow tastes-she watched "Witch Mountain" the night before Kyle's party.

• Love 7

I for one, do not believe that Erika never watched the show before going on.  I can't figure out what LVP did for Erika to come up with the throwing from the side comments.  Up until that point all of LVP's interactions had been head on.  I still struggle with the fact if Erika and Yolanda were such good friends how come neither had ever watched the other's performance?  It is not as if Erika has particularly high brow tastes-she watched "Witch Mountain" the night before Kyle's party.

Even if Yolanda was too "sick" to go to 1 of Erika's shows, she could have at the least watched 1 of her videos but, nope, not even that. LOL Friends in real life my ass. LOL

• Love 9

How embarassing Erika Jane is. Seems vapid and desperate to me. Erika Girardi's skin could be horrible IRL She has a very good makeup man who understands luminosity, highlights and contour. There has to be no real skin visible IMO.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 4

Thanks, I have a conspiracy theory about the Erica Yane character.......

Erica mentioned that she didn't have many female friends and she found it hard to make them?

I can bet that this was character came out of  the reception she got when she was introduced to the wives of the partners Daddy Warbucks works with? "Hot, young wife" usually causes some kind of ripples in the pond and I bet EY got pretty beat up. Think of an LVP type grilling her about who she is, where she came from and then dismissing her (ala Eileen D and the affair conversation).

Erica, gets a hobby. She probably had the 'entertainer bug' and that was easier to get with someone bankrolling her 'career'. He gets a wife who is a star, private dances and someone to parade about, She gets a certain amount of revenge on the women who don't like her and gets to play the sex kitten to a room of men who aren't going to want to bang her after her shows.

The "pat the puss" move is like the 'crotch grab/suck it' move guys do. It's not outrageous or even shocking - patting her labia in front of a bunch of gay men doesn't do anyone any good? Matter of fact, it's probably a salute to all the LVP types who reel in shock when they see her act?

I know you are not an LVP fan but she owned a gay night clubs in London, she's not going to be scandalized by a little pat the puss.

• Love 10

How embarassing Erika Jane is. Seems vapid and desperate to me. Erika Girardi's skin could be horrible IRL She has a very good makeup man who understands luminosity, highlights and contour. There has to be no real skin visible IMO.

On her skin, it looks pretty damn near flawless during the filming when she's really dressed down.  I'm sure she does have great makeup people, but it's hard to fake flawless skin.  Luminosity, highlights and contour don't look as great on skin that isn't that great.

• Love 5

Ahem, I beg to differ, Chuck Norris is strong enough to play yolanda, kick Lyme disease's ass and give birth to the whole litter of gigis while running a marathon while on a scavenger hunt in the city of Beverly Hills.............during a heat wave.

But is he strong enough to explosively force a nongigi out of his body like a Diet Coke and mentos eruption, shattering his spine in the process and saving the nongigi just in the nick of time? Can he fit a giant stick, the world's longest parasite, and a pellet/palette up his butt, all while Brandi's lips are kissing his ass? (I'm sure Brandi would love for him to try!) I'm guessing that Yolanda would think that nobody is strong enough, heroic enough, or amazing enough to play Yolanda except Yolanda herself.

• Love 10

It's not meant to be insulting, but I completely stand by it. Not that she can "totally influence" a viewers opinion, but she can certainly influence people who love her to a large degree.

An example IMO would be S3. I believe that had LVP reacted differently to the surrogacy reveal, the audience would have reacted differently to it as well. Had she been disgusted by what Brandi did, told her she was a disgusting soul sucking person who was wrong to do what she did, that there was no excuse for it, and ended their relationship, people would have looked at the situation differently. Had LVP gone to Adrienne and told her she was heartbroken for her, that she had been wronged and had every right to feel however she wanted to feel, and that LVP understood and supported her, many people would have done the same thing. It's not like we needed for LVP to tell us it was wrong, horrendous, deplorable behavior. We all knew that it was. Everyone knew that it was wrong the entire time.

Or what if LVP had sat on the reunion stage that year and said that it was horrible that a fraud was perpetrated on the audience that year in the form of a fake lawsuit? What if she would have pointed out that it must have been terrible for Adrienne to read in blog posts and on social media that she was the horrible person for filing a lawsuit that she never filed. That Brandi was wrong for lying about something so serious and that she should be ashamed. That Brandi was actually the one in the wrong in this whole matter. Again, we didn't need for LVP to tell us any of this. We all knew it. The thing is that when you know something to be true already, but feel a certain way about it because someone else feels a certain way about it, that person is an influencer. That is what LVP is to many people. She can literally help to decide how folks view and feel about certain things by stating her own opinion on them. Not to all people all of the time, but to many much of the time.

It may not be meant as insulting but it certainly is.

Wait, LVP does this! 

It is fine to believe this theory but since it didn't happen that way, there's no way of knowing. Perhaps some people simply form their own opinions based on what is shown?  Just a thought I had all by myself. (totally not given to me by LVP)

• Love 13

It may not be meant as insulting but it certainly is.

Wait, LVP does this! 

It is fine to believe this theory but since it didn't happen that way, there's no way of knowing. Perhaps some people simply form their own opinions based on what is shown?  Just a thought I had all by myself. (totally not given to me by LVP)

Again, I don't mean to insult. If the notion that people tend to trust and believe people they like more than people they don't, is insulting, I'm not sure what to say. Certainly in a HW world where it usually comes down to "who do you believe", they know the power of being more liked than the other gal. That's why some work very hard at it.

• Love 4

I know you are not an LVP fan but she owned a gay night clubs in London, she's not going to be scandalized by a little pat the puss.

No, She wouldn't be scandalized by that, maybe if she ran a straight day club? I was referring to lisa's reaction to the news that she was married to a man 17 years older that she was.....

The 'PtP' is aimed at the people who don't normanny run around slapping their crotch, not giving one, two or three fucks or performing fellatio on a Toostie Pop?  After years of seeing all kinds of music acts, I thought her act was a little cringe worthy and embarrassing to watch.

I thought about what I would do if I was married to her.......When I have a situation like that that vexes the shit out of me? I play 'What If?'

What if her husband was the chippie who danced in a gay/female club? In a thong and saying 'Caress the Crotch' or some such??

Yikes!

Edited by ElDosEquis

Again, I don't mean to insult. If the notion that people tend to trust and believe people they like more than people they don't, is insulting, I'm not sure what to say. Certainly in a HW world where it usually comes down to "who do you believe", they know the power of being more liked than the other gal. That's why some work very hard at it.

It does help when you "like" a particular HW to believe what ever they say/do........... but take Brandi for instance, even though she still had Lisa/Ken's backing the season she exposed Adrienne's surrogacy secret, she lost a lot of fans, a lot. So, having LisaV like or back a HW is no guarantee that any one HW will keep fan status/favor. IMO, many use that train of though on how fans are now rallying around Kyle now that Lisa/Kyle are close again but I think Kim's behavior last season helped draw fans back to Kyle more than anything Lisa did. LOL

• Love 4
I lost my damn mind and watched this reunion last night. Having not seen the past few seasons, so viewing this whole mess with fresh eyes, it seemed sweet to me when Jemma Jamison oops I mean Erika Jayne was put on the spot to demonstrate pussy-patting (wtf?!?!?) and Lisa Rinna jumped up to say "come on, let's all do it with her". It came across to me like she was trying to show some comaraderie and support, as in "let's not leave Erika out to dry". Until another housewife made the catty remark about letting Erika have her moment and Lisa sat down looking embarrassed. Maybe if I'd watched the whole season I'd have a different opinion, but to me Lisa seemed to be making a nice gesture. No good ho'deed goes unpunished.

I thought Lisa was trying to be a good sport and be sweet and supportive too, especially since she judged Erika at first for her Erika Jayne showgirl persona. 

I'm confused who's telling the truth between the two Lisas, but I think the truth may be somewhere in the middle. I don't see LVP as that malicious or that messy with her manipulations, but I do see her as very calculating and putting storylines above friendships with the other women.

I know Yolanda can seem aggressive with the other housewives sometimes, but my heart broke for her when the discussion about her sickness being a storyline kept going on and on and she walked off the stage. When you really don't feel well and people don't believe you, it hurts. I'm sure it's hard enough just going through being sick for so long, without having people snark on you, mocking you, commenting on your appearance left and right. I really wish her well.

Regarding Faye, I think some people have definitely been over the top with the mean comments about her. She didn't kill anybody, and the book, while in poor taste and not something I condone, was so many years ago. I'm even fine with her being a regular cast member on the show. That said, Kathryn is 100% entitled to her feelings. Vanderpump was OTT with her comments about Faye imo given their history, but Kathryn's feelings towards Faye are not over petty bs. I love that Kyle defends Faye and puts her friendship with her above what viewers think, but I'm sorry Faye DID sign up for this when she agreed to appear on camera this season. Kathryn wasn't going after some harmless woman for no reason or hitting below the belt. I think she handled things the best way she knew.

I still love Eileen and feel bad for the backlash she's getting. I really think she's probably the nicest person on the show. It will be interesting to see the rest of the reunion. 

• Love 4

But is he strong enough to explosively force a nongigi out of his body like a Diet Coke and mentos eruption, shattering his spine in the process and saving the nongigi just in the nick of time? Can he fit a giant stick, the world's longest parasite, and a pellet/palette up his butt, all while Brandi's lips are kissing his ass? (I'm sure Brandi would love for him to try!) I'm guessing that Yolanda would think that nobody is strong enough, heroic enough, or amazing enough to play Yolanda except Yolanda herself.

I hadn't had a good belly laugh in a long, long time....thanks!

• Love 2

I thought Kyle was referring to how Faye (or Kyle) got death threats (didn't she?) so while Kathryn got hit hard on social media, it could have been worse. Both Kyle and Faye have been hit hard by social media in the past so I thought she was trying to show Kathryn that it could have been worse and that at least the cast has supported Kathryn. Maybe I misinterpreted the discussion.

• Love 3
I thought Kyle was referring to how Faye (or Kyle) got death threats (didn't she?) so while Kathryn got hit hard on social media, it could have been worse. Both Kyle and Faye have been hit hard by social media in the past so I thought she was trying to show Kathryn that it could have been worse and that at least the cast has supported Kathryn. Maybe I misinterpreted the discussion.

Yeah I remember some viewers were very cruel and harsh to Faye. I don't think Kathryn or the vast majority of RHBH fans would ever condone death threats to her. It's absolutely disgusting that some people went that far. What I didn't like was Kyle trying to minimize Kathryn's feelings and not allowing her to have opinions. It's not Kathryn's fault some people out there were so mean and aggressive to Faye. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5

Yeah I remember some viewers were very cruel and harsh to Faye. I don't think Kathryn or the vast majority of RHBH fans would ever condone death threats to her. It's absolutely disgusting that some people went that far. What I didn't like was Kyle trying to minimize Kathryn's feelings and not allowing her to have opinions. It's not Kathryn's fault some people out there were so mean and aggressive to Faye.

I agree with this. I understood Kyle's point, and appreciate her loyalty, but she should have let Kathryn have her feelings. She is a famewhore now like the rest of them, but the fact that she was hurt by the book is something I understand. I absolutely adore Kyle, but she often doesn't present herself well when she is truly emotional, and she certainly was. I expect she was dreading that once again she was going to have to hear about how horrible Faye was. When she takes the time to think and explain, she does much better. I remember at the S3 reunion when LVP made the awful charge that Kyle and Mauicio had just pretended to be friends with Ken & Lisa for an eventual house listing. Kyle was emotional and did a terrible job of standing up for herself or giving a reasoned argument as to why this was ludicrous. When she came back at the S4 reunion she did a fantastic job of explaining all the reasons why what LVP said was not only false, but hurtful. She got an apology from LVP and I do think that this was one instance where LVP really got what she had done and was sorry for it.

• Love 8

People are just as influenced by those they dislike. I don't understand why working hard to be likable is a bad thing but let's agree no insult was meant and move on.

• Love 7

I sure some of you read that a zoo keeper got killed by a tiger this week. Apparently the keeper was very loved and was nicknamed the tiger whisperer as she had a calming effect on them. Anyway the tiger is getting death threats! Yes, a tiger! Honest to God people are f ing insane. Who would give Faye ( or a tiger who is ya know, being a tiger) death threats? It is just so out of the realm of my experience that it's hard to imagine.

And just for the record I am an LVP fan but I see her for who she is. As I've said before I just don't care. I like mansions that look like hotels, miniature ponies, pink satin dresses and dynasty hair. if she leaves they will replace her with someone who has a regular mansion, normal dogs, a cute hair do and no British accent. No thank you! I love what Lisa brings to the show.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 22

I posted this in Eileen's thread, but it belongs here.

For me it comes down to, so what if Lisa is only friendly on camera?  It's quite possible she sees this simply as a job, a way to promote her restaurants and charities.  She doesn't have to like these women, she shows up, films, is smart enough to stir the pot for production when required, and by now she's got the hang of that anyway, which buttons to push or encourage other, less bright housewives to give production something spicy to work with.

I think she probably has a full life, doesn't need the money, but the restaurants have greatly benefited from the two shows, so she stays.  After earlier attacks on her, and then Puerto Rico she completely detached from anyone that comes on the show, other than for the cameras.  She and Kyle obviously made some kind of deal, and for the most part, they are both sticking to it.  "Don't poke me, I won't poke you, let the minions have it and cope with the crap this kind of show dishes."

As far as being jealous of Eileen?  I can't see it.  Eileen failed trying to cross over into anything besides soap-acting, and Lisa is old enough to know the stink of that category.  Other, better actresses and actors were able to cross over into successful careers on nighttime TV, and even to film.  Eileen?  Nope.  She has a weird, indifferent, gambling husband, a reputation as a husband stealer/cheater, not much of a wardrobe, a dusty, neglected house. 

As far as this tempest in a teapot excuse for a story this year?  Honestly, I'm shocked that anyone cares.  It's so ridiculous.  Did Lisa stir the pot, get others to make fools of themselves on camera?  Probably, it's her job.  Did she FORCE anyone to be an ass, or speak words, or be nasty?  Is it all Lisa's fault that they did?  Oh please, these are middle-aged, Hollywood savvy women.

Grow the fuck up.  "She MADE me do it!" didn't work as an excuse in 2nd grade.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 19

I sure some of you read that a zoo keeper got killed by a tiger this week. Apparently the keeper was very loved and was nicknamed the tiger whisperer as she had a calming effect on them. Anyway the tiger is getting death threats! Yes, a tiger! Honest to God people are f ing insane. Who would give Faye ( or a tiger who is ya know, being a tiger) death threats? It is just so out of the realm of my experience that it's hard to imagine.

And just for the record I am an LVP fan but I see her for who she is. As I've said before I just don't care. I like mansions that look like hotels, miniature ponies, pink satin dresses and dynasty hair. if she leaves they will replace her with someone who has a regular mansion, normal dogs, a cute hair do and no British accent. No thank you! I love what Lisa brings to the show.

Again, there is nothing 'social' about 'social media'. I find it to be a chicken shit emm effing cowardly thing to threaten someone/thing over the interwebz.

That said, I am a general HW fan. I want to see them 'rise above' being stupid, petty, ridiculous and ordinary. In a strange way, I want them to be quirky, but not stupid. I want them to all get along and have a good time. I want them to be fun.

I fall in and out of love with them according to what they do or say (I can do this because I am a shallow guy that loves HWiLFs, lolololol) and mainly because I miss the drama, excitement and danger of working with a bunch of women?

• Love 6

I hadn't had a good belly laugh in a long, long time....thanks!

Thank you! I have stopped watching this season. Yolanda's storyline is the only one that still interests me, but more because of the stuff she does off camera and because of the discussion on this board. Lately I have mostly been lurking, but I can't resist an occasional bit of snark. I'm glad it made you laugh since you have given me many laughs with your housewives poems and song rewrites!

• Love 4

Yes, it's really getting really out of hand.

Personally, I have a self-imposed limit of like 15 or 16 Twitter death threats maximum per week.  Any more than that just seems nutty, amirite? But that tiger, man, I might have to make a special allowance for him (Sarcastifont!)

• Love 8

Again, there is nothing 'social' about 'social media'. I find it to be a chicken shit emm effing cowardly thing to threaten someone/thing over the interwebz.

That said, I am a general HW fan. I want to see them 'rise above' being stupid, petty, ridiculous and ordinary. In a strange way, I want them to be quirky, but not stupid. I want them to all get along and have a good time. I want them to be fun.

I fall in and out of love with them according to what they do or say (I can do this because I am a shallow guy that loves HWiLFs, lolololol) and mainly because I miss the drama, excitement and danger of working with a bunch of women?

Try nursing if you miss drama, turmoil and even sabotage.

• Love 5

She was.  I don't like one-up-man ship.  Distress is relative and cannot be compared to someone else's.   Kyle shut Kathryn down.  Ugh and I am a Kyle fan.  Her fierce loyalty is admirable, to a point.  

• Love 11

Fuck is very versatile and can be used as a noun, verb, adverb and adjective as Umbelina pointed out so I find it efficient and use it liberally here in Northern Virginia.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 10

Part of Kyle's blind devotion to Faye may be attributed to the possibility of Faye knowing Kyle's deepest secrets. Everyone knows how low Fate is willing to go. Maybe Kyle fears a book from Faye starring Kyle and family.

• Love 4

Fuck is very versatile and can be used as a noun, verb, adverb and adjective as Umbelina pointed out so I find it efficient and use it liberally here in Northern Virginia.

It works beautifully in New England, Florida and Arizona, too!  

• Love 6

What is Eileen's endgame here anyway? 

I have been wondering the same thing.  In all my life I have never expected some to apologize to me and admit they are not only wrong but nefarious.  I keep reading Eileen didn't get what she wanted in the apology and again ask myself -what did she want and why didn't she ask for it? 

Now Eileen is acting 16 years old on Twitter.  I think Eileen needs to face the facts-there is no contract a-coming for her next year.  She is just becoming a major bore.

• Love 13

Part of Kyle's blind devotion to Faye may be attributed to the possibility of Faye knowing Kyle's deepest secrets. Everyone knows how low Fate is willing to go. Maybe Kyle fears a book from Faye starring Kyle and family.

They are nice to a woman they met 22 years ago and make her a godparent, decorate their homes because they are being blackmailed?  Since Faye has not written any more books in the last 20 years about her friends, anyone think it might have be a phase she was going through?   Let's hope Kyle's husband or ex-husband don't brutally murder her-it might send Faye into a book writing frenzy. 

• Love 7

She was.  I don't like one-up-man ship.  Distress is relative and cannot be compared to someone else's.   Kyle shut Kathryn down.  Ugh and I am a Kyle fan.  Her fierce loyalty is admirable, to a point.  

Hmm, I need to re-watch it since I didn't think of it as one-up man ship but more like "stop the pity party (maybe not as harsh as that) and get some perspective on what you are upset about". Yes, distress is relative but I'm not so sure about not being able to compare to someone else's....hmm, something about walking in someone else's shoes. I guess I saw it as: you think it is bad you burned a hole in your dress, well just wait until you have burned down your entire house. Sure, burning a hole in your dress sucks, especially if you really liked that dress and people could see the burn/hole but compared to being homeless it's not that bad.

I see one-upmanship (lol, sp?) as having to do with intent whereas what Kyle said wasn't for selfish intent (imo) but for perspective.

lol, I may have lost my mind;-)

• Love 4

They are nice to a woman they met 22 years ago and make her a godparent, decorate their homes because they are being blackmailed?  Since Faye has not written any more books in the last 20 years about her friends, anyone think it might have be a phase she was going through?   Let's hope Kyle's husband or ex-husband don't brutally murder her-it might send Faye into a book writing frenzy.

Yeah it could. We know it wouldn't be beneath her.

• Love 1

There are a bunch of folks on Twitter urging Eileen to stop, that she is committing career suicide.

Sadly, I think Eileen has taken a page from Brandi's "Shoot Yourself in the Foot Book". I suspect she thinks keeping it going after the season/reunion is over will help her keep her HW job next season. And she needs to be careful getting support from Brandi, I don't think Brandi wants Eileen to take Lisa down at this point as much as she is hoping that Eileen gets the axe and she, Brandi, is rehired. LOL

• Love 6

Don't these women have PR people or someone managing their twitter (social media) account(s)? Eileen and Rinna need to fire their social media people. I really don't get what they are doing....insulting fans and prolonging the repetitive argument that most of us don't really care about (care more about how they are handling it rather than the specifics)

• Love 9

Yeah it could. We know it wouldn't be beneath her.

We don't know any such thing.  I am not part of that opinion package.

Don't these women have PR people or someone managing their twitter (social media) account(s)? Eileen and Rinna need to fire their social media people. I really don't get what they are doing....insulting fans and prolonging the repetitive argument that most of us don't really care about (care more about how they are handling it rather than the specifics)

RInna supposedly does, because she is so important.  I think Rinna's manages the inflow and Rinna tweets the attack stuff. 

• Love 4

I think Eileen may be missing the fact that some of us LVP fans don't really care if she fibs or "manipulates", plots, schemes or doesn't -- we like her because we find her entertaining and because well, we just like her.  And it is, to us, just a silly little tv show.

At this point, if she comes up with irrefutable proof that Lisa lied I'm not going to care any more than I care right now, which is zero.

• Love 16

This is so sad. I really hope the zoo doesn't cave into pressure and euthanize the tiger. Tigers are not domesticated animals. We can't expect them to not attack people the way we expect dogs not to attack people (except for intruders). That tiger isn't living in society the way Kingsley was. I'm reminded of that Chris Rock joke after Roy (as in Siegfried & Roy) was attacked by his pet tiger: "That tiger ain't go crazy, that tiger went tiger."

As much as I dislike Faye, death threats were uncalled for and she certainly doesn't deserve to be tarred and feathered. I think writing that book was extremely distasteful and insensitive, especially considering that Nicole had children. I know tell alls are written on the time, but you expect that your best friend won't be the one to write it or even participate. There were a lot of things in that book I'm sure Nicole would not have wanted her kids or anyone to know about. Perhaps there were some extenuating circumstances and Faye is now deeply sorry for what she did, but she has yet to express any sort of public remorse about it, and because the book was put out there for public consumption I believe the apology should be as well. 

I don't fault Kyle for defending her friend, but I do think the way she went about it was completely wrong. She wasn't allowing Kathryn to have her own feelings about Faye, feelings that were valid, IMO. She could have still defended Faye while being respectful of Kathryn's feelings on the matter. And as I said before, I don't appreciate when any of these women resort to threats to try to shut each other down.

I also don't feel it's fair to compare Kathryn's reaction to Faye and her apology with Eileen's reaction to LVP and her apology. I like Lisa, but I agree that her first apology was crap. It's clear she didn't think she did anything wrong and the little flippant laugh made her sound very insincere. If Eileen, like Kathryn after she received her condescending apology from Faye, had simply commented that she didn't think the apology was sincere, but that she was going to be the bigger person and move on, and then only mentioned it again when writing the blog and at the reunion when asked, I think a lot more people, myself included, would be sympathetic to Eileen. It's the fact that Eileen kept harping on it, demanding more apologies even after she said she was good, and then on top of it began a campaign to take Lisa down, using the same manipulative tactics she was accusing Lisa of, that made her so unlikeable. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Love 7

Re: Eileen

Is it because she's over committed to this now and feels like since she's gone so far already she might as well play it out to the for some eventual redemption?

(What redemption would there be really though? )

She's gone past casual weirdo territory and heading straight for mentally imbalanced land.  I hope she stops before she gets there.

Edited by Jel
  • Love 14

Re: Eileen

Is it because she's over committed to this now and feels like since she's gone so far already she might as well play it out to the for some eventual redemption?

(What redemption would there be really though? )

She's gone past casual weirdo territory and heading straight for mentally imbalanced land.  I hope she stops before she gets there.

If Eileen comes back next season, I can see a redemption arch that starts with how emotionally hard this season was on her and her family because of DVP death and then her brothers(?) death a short time later and that she over "sensitive" because of that. I can see LisaV forgiving her and making a more humble/sincere apology to Eileen, them air kissing/hugging and making up. Now, if that happens and Rinna is also back, where will that leave Rinna....in or out? LOL

• Love 2

This is so sad. I really hope the zoo doesn't cave into pressure and euthanize the tiger. Tigers are not domesticated animals. We can't expect them to not attack people the way we expect dogs not to attack people (except for intruders). That tiger isn't living in society the way Kingsley was. I'm reminded of that Chris Rock joke after Roy (as in Siegfried & Roy) was attacked by his pet tiger: "That tiger ain't go crazy, that tiger went tiger."

As much as I dislike Faye, death threats were uncalled for and she certainly doesn't deserve to be tarred and feathered. I think writing that book was extremely distasteful and insensitive, especially considering that Nicole had children. I know tell alls are written on the time, but you expect that your best friend won't be the one to write it or even participate. There were a lot of things in that book I'm sure Nicole would not have wanted her kids or anyone to know about. Perhaps there were some extenuating circumstances and Faye is now deeply sorry for what she did, but she has yet to express any sort of public remorse about it, and because the book was put out there for public consumption I believe the apology should be as well. 

I don't fault Kyle for defending her friend, but I do think the way she went about it was completely wrong. She wasn't allowing Kathryn to have her own feelings about Faye, feelings that were valid, IMO. She could have still defended Faye while being respectful of Kathryn's feelings on the matter. And as I said before, I don't appreciate when any of these women resort to threats to try to shut each other down.

I also don't feel it's fair to compare Kathryn's reaction to Faye and her apology with Eileen's reaction to LVP and her apology. I like Lisa, but I agree that her first apology was crap. It's clear she didn't think she did anything wrong and the little flippant laugh made her sound very insincere. If Eileen, like Kathryn after she received her condescending apology from Faye, had simply commented that she didn't think the apology was sincere, but that she was going to be the bigger person and move on, and then only mentioned it again when writing the blog and at the reunion when asked, I think a lot more people, myself included, would be sympathetic to Eileen. It's the fact that Eileen kept harping on it, demanding more apologies even after she said she was good, and then on top of it began a campaign to take Lisa down, using the same manipulative tactics she was accusing Lisa of, that made her so unlikeable. 

Kathryn was saying her anger towards Faye returned after she watched the episode-she didn't like the way Faye said, "feel better now?".  Kathryn had quite a mouthful to say about Faye, what more did she want to tell her?  I mean, she should have at least read the book.   Kyle was talking about Kathryn's inconsistencies.  Kathryn said Faye was a lovely person, she continued to go to Kyle's events and bad mouth Faye, in spite of saying something to the contrary.  I don't know what other talents Kathryn possessed other than the OJ link, but they were wasted this year.  I found her enjoyable after the Faye stuff and thought she showed real promise.

I don't think Kyle was threatening Kathryn.  Kathryn elected to shut her twitter down after some abusive tweets directed at her, that had nothing to do with Faye.  That is what Kyle was alluded to-social media and knowing what if feels like to be attacked.

I am usually not an editing person, but I am not comfortable with this year's edit.  Kyle has said she disagreed about the "fucking storyline" comment and the editors cut it from the Reunion.  The only interesting thing coming into play is we will see Yolanda decide between Rinna and LVP, so we don't  get to see Kyle agree with LVP, but Yolanda did.   My guess is Yolanda will bury LVP, in spite of her disdain for Rinna. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

If Eileen comes back next season, I can see a redemption arch that starts with how emotionally hard this season was on her and her family because of DVP death and then her brothers(?) death a short time later and that she over "sensitive" because of that. I can see LisaV forgiving her and making a more humble/sincere apology to Eileen, them air kissing/hugging and making up. Now, if that happens and Rinna is also back, where will that leave Rinna....in or out? LOL

That all sounds boring and depressing. Count me out if that is the plan

• Love 2

Now I'm going to hunt all your posts down! Don't drink myself, but lmao when I am around people who do.   

I hated being sober around people that were fucking drunk, it meant I HAD TO DRIVE THEM AROUND. So, I drank when I didn't feel like driving.

• Love 2

Try nursing if you miss drama, turmoil and even sabotage.

Been there, done that and I got the matching set of scrubs for it! ; ) 

I spent a few days around 'medical drama' - that shit they put on the TV is a lie - the real thing is much worse.

• Love 5

I hated being sober around people that were fucking drunk, it meant I HAD TO DRIVE THEM AROUND. So, I drank when I didn't feel like driving.

ha ha

OH ya, I'm the driver. I'm lucky my friends are funny, don't fight, or get mean. And its not like we go out without the hubs too often. Maybe 6 times a year, just the ladies.  

That all sounds boring and depressing. Count me out if that is the plan

Yeah, I'll be doubling up on lexapro if that happens.

Edited by This2getsold
  • Love 2

The next reunion installment is just around the corner and I've read all the comments here regarding the first part and have decided that I don't like any of these women. I only dislike them to varying degrees. During the season I had thought that I liked one more than the other but by the end of this season I've concluded that I just don't think any of them are genuinely likeable.

• Love 4

Question:  Do those of you who don't like/can't stand/hate Faye because of the book or because of some other reason?

I admit I do like her.  I liked the book.  Yeah, some things would have been better kept out but that book let me get to know Nicole Brown, a woman who was brutally killed by her ex husband.  An ex husband who happened to be OJ Simpson.  Nicole wasn't perfect.  Who is?  Faye made Nicole 'real', not just a horrific picture of a dead person.

Yeah, Faye had all sorts of problems when she wrote that book.  And yes, Faye capitalized on the success of the book.  And maybe the publishers also put pressure on her to make the book as 'juicy' as possible.  In the end, she didn't kill someone. She didn't commit a crime.  So, what should her sentence be for 'the book'?  It's been twenty years and I have no idea of anything she has done since then that deserves the vitriol she still gets.

• Love 9