Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Mad As A Hatter

• Start Topic

Leanne enlists the help of a designer to create an extravagant hat for a big event, the Mad Hatter's Tea Party; Tiffany and Aaron go house hunting; for the tea party, Brandi dons a hat decorated with a special surprise.

In case someone anyone hasn't seen this but plans to watch it later, here's a brief synopsis - poop, poop pie, poop, poop, my brother's name is Scooter, poop hat, dog poop a lot, poop. See you guys in another forum! I watch a lot of crap but this is too much shit for me.

• Love 20

Please, NOBODY ask Tiffany about the Playboy Mansion, I'm begging you....

*I think it was Tiffany, they're all still pretty much Thing 1 and Thing 2 for me at this point.

And we're arguing about "poop bonnets"?!?!

Doesn't someone have "Munchiehoisin" or owe another HoWife's husband money or have a boorish boyfriend or a partner who's beating cancer through high colonics.

Something!

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 12

Agreed. RH of Dallas sucks. Brandi and Stephanie are dumb, skanky and low-class all the way. And most definitely NOT funny! Andy and the Bravo bigwigs need to rethink this franchise or at least ditch the poop twins and find some more interesting characters.

• Love 13

Leanne needs to put down the blush brush. Good God woman.

Ummm...so poop issue aside, there were plenty of crazy hats at that lunch. And no one except Leanne seemed to be clutching their (excessive) pearls about it.

• Love 11

Ummm...so poop issue aside, there were plenty of crazy hats at that lunch. And no one except Leanne seemed to be clutching their (excessive) pearls about it.

LeeAnne is psycho!  She seems like someone who would kill someone and make a jacket out of their skin.  I've never seen anyone get so angry and threatening as she does over nothing.  Chip on your shoulder much LeeAnne?  Geez!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 7

Keith SUBurban is so going to go back to LA once this show is over. I bet not Nicole Kidman will also be going back to LA, even though she loves Texas so much.

Cary saying to her little daughter, oh good talk? And the kid is fluent in multiple languages? I didn't find her that fluent in English and saying agua for water doesn't make you fluent in Spanish. Give me a break.

The poop talk was way over the top. Red, you & your blonde friend who was so afraid, you're not funny at all. Nor are you witty. You're tiresome and childish.

What was also over the top was Lee Anne's pearl clutching at THE social event of the season. I'm betting the next event is also THE event of the season. Then she's acting like she is high society and she was going to make the 'little redhead cheerleader' pay. She would pay, as God is her witness for that affront to THE social event of the season, because it would offend her dear sweet society "friends". Lee Anne is a huge tryhard wannabe.

Lee Anne and not Nicole Kidman worked at the same jobs? Isn't not Nicole the one who did the skin flicks? Lee Anne isn't pearl clutching over THAT? What would her high society friends say? It could get you cut from the list. Tres shudder.

• Love 12

I am irritated by all of the poop talk.  They ruined a perfectly interesting fundraiser with a lot of cool hats to talk about Brandi's ugly hat.  Brandi is delusional if she really thinks her girlfriends thought her ugly hat was cute.  Notice that they wore cute hats while she wore this big ole bird's nest creation.  It was also gross looking at a hat full of shit while trying to eat.  She really is immature and stupid.

I just don't believe anyone thought that ugly hat was cute.  I think the other woman were taking pictures so they could make fun of it later.

I liked Leanne's outfit on the form.  She totally ruined it with that ugly blush/makeup.  Why didn't she look in the mirror before she left the house?  She should have put that that fake dog poop in Brandi's drink.

Whats up with not Keith Urban?  Last week he was in love with Dallas; this week he does not know whether he wants to live in Dallas.  Surely that potential mortgage payment  was not bothering him since we know he isn't paying the bills anyway.

So Stephanie's? husband owns furs?  In Texas?  I have not seen anyone in a fur in about 15 or 20 years.  Those folks throwing paint on people wearing fur pretty much stopped Sakowitz from selling furs in Houston years ago.  So Travis wears furs and Stephanie was comfortable wearing his fur and allowing her friend to wear his fur while killing wasps?  Wow, girl has guts.  

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 12

So much poop. So much pretension. So much stupidity.

So much for seeing so many more cool hats than these broads.'

Believe it or not, I kinda dug Brandi's shitty bonnet. Hey, it was creative, it was daring and her dress and accessories matched it nicely. She decided to go for the jugular and have some potty humor fun with her theme---I sure liked it better than that try-hard Crystal Carrington crap Leeanne was sporting with her extra 40 pounds of pearls and blush.

Leeanne is definitely a social-climbing psycho, that's for sure. She really takes herself and this Dallas society bullshit beyond seriously. Wish she'd remove that string of pearls from her ass already and chill out.

Although the fake poop on the chair trick was so middle school...normally I have the humor of a tween boy, but even I rolled my eyes over that lame gag---and then I rolled them even harder after Leeanne tattled on Brandi's fake poop gag to another "well-connected" socialite.

Because of all the horrors, the very thought of being crossed off an invite list to yet another hoity-toity Dallas social event, GASP! Whatever else IS there in life?! What, why don't *you* party with a purpose like Leeanne?!!

Lord...stick a fork into this poopy mess already: it's so done.

Edited to add: I did have a soft spot for Brandi and her hat because I did the same thing at a local Southern big hat charity event a few years back.

I found the most hilariously obnoxious big church hat I could find for $20 off eBay, tossed a bunch of feathers and matching flowers all over it to match my dress, and strutted around at that event like a human peacock, proudly displaying my homemade masterpiece as all the other society matrons gasped at me while wearing their own overpriced prissy church hats.

But guess who ended up starring in all the local social mags' spreads and ended up with the prize-winning hat? That's right, my goofy ass! So fist bumps to other gals who don't overthink their charity day ensembles and just have fun...for a PURPOSE!!

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 12

Again - Brandi seems to have a very obsessive fascination with bodily functions.  I am almost as tired of hearing the words "poop" or "poopie" as I am hearing the words "Lyme's disease" or "my journey" (RHOBH).  I find her crude and without any filter, of any kind.  Also, all kinds of unsanitary grossness to be baking a cake with a puppy in your arm the whole time.  I love dogs, but I don't think they should be anywhere near any kind of food prep.

I think all of these ladies have a far, far, far way to go before they could be considered the upper echelon of Dallas society.  Leeanne basically confirmed it - if you have the money to buy a ticket, you can attend.  So, anyone with $350.00 and a penchant for wearing crazy shit (literally) on your head will guarantee you a seat at the "charity event of the year" or "social event of the season", or whatever the hell it is.

This one is a real dud for me - not one of these ladies is sparking anything in me to want to continue to watch (but, unless I find something better, I'll probably be watching, LOL)--this is even worse than the Potomac ladies, who really, really annoyed me.

• Love 11

Goodness how old is the poop obsessed one, Brandi, supposed to be. I have seen more mature 11 year old boys in my daughter's elementary class. Me thinks her husband is never around because he does not want to be on camera with her and her crass ass. 

I am not uptight, I just do not find her sense of humor the least bit funny. Guess since I am past puberty her jokes do not appeal to me.

Oh and doctors wife, nurse or whatever the hell you are. I was put off by her talking about her husband being a fixer upper and fat when they met. To me she seems like a gold digger. Saw a doctor and set her sights on him and changed him. It was not her magic snatch. She wanted to marry money, but to her he was not acceptable before he made changes.

I think I can see some marriage problems if poor man's Keith Urban does not get to move back to L.A. He definitely does not want to stay in Dallas, he shut down that buying a home in Dallas shit real fast.

I could be wrong but I do not think Leanne is gonna be heading down the aisle anytime soon. Her boyfriend seems to have zero interest in marriage.

Can't believe I am watching this shit, no pun intended!

• Love 8

Leanne's talking head about the super awesome hat party was the best thing I've seen on TV this week.  Of course, it's only Monday.

I join Brandy's kids and the rest of the world in being over her poop talk.  When your preschooler is telling you to tone down the potty humor, you need to seriously think about what you're doing.

I liked the nurse last week.  Too bad she ruined it this week by talking about her husband being a disgusting fatty.

I must hate myself, because I think I'm going to hang in for one more week.  It seems like there's a lot that's going to go off, so maybe next week will be more than poop jokes and charity events.  

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 8

Agreed. RH of Dallas sucks. Brandi and Stephanie are dumb, skanky and low-class all the way. And most definitely NOT funny! Andy and the Bravo bigwigs need to rethink this franchise or at least ditch the poop twins and find some more interesting characters.

You know a show is bad when you weep for bad TV.  Their poor kids.  Have these dumb cluck moms never heard of syndication?  Their moronic behavior will live on for their kids indefinitely on youtube.  But really, all of them are just awful.  Awful.  We donate thousands of dollars so I can wear excrement on my head?  I'm assuming her husband is self-employed and his reputation at his job is not an issue.  I don't generally think of people as losers but these people are reasonably attractive, thin....losers.  Not funny, not self-deprecating, not intelligent, not meaningfully involved in life, bored, vacuous women.  Just cringing.  

• Love 3

So much poop. So much pretension. So much stupidity.

So much for seeing so many more cool hats than these broads.'

Believe it or not, I kinda dug Brandi's shitty bonnet. Hey, it was creative, it was daring and her dress and accessories matched it nicely. She decided to go for the jugular and have some potty humor fun with her theme---I sure liked it better than that try-hard Crystal Carrington crap Leeanne was sporting with her extra 40 pounds of pearls and blush.

Leeanne is definitely a social-climbing psycho, that's for sure. She really takes herself and this Dallas society bullshit beyond seriously. Wish she'd remove that string of pearls from her ass already and chill out.

Although the fake poop on the chair trick was so middle school...normally I have the humor of a tween boy, but even I rolled my eyes over that lame gag---and then I rolled them even harder after Leeanne tattled on Brandi's fake poop gag to another "well-connected" socialite.

Because of all the horrors, the very thought of being crossed off an invite list to yet another hoity-toity Dallas social event, GASP! Whatever else IS there in life?! What, why don't *you* party with a purpose like Leeanne?!!

Lord...stick a fork into this poopy mess already: it's so done.

Edited to add: I did have a soft spot for Brandi and her hat because I did the same thing at a local Southern big hat charity event a few years back.

I found the most hilariously obnoxious big church hat I could find for $20 off eBay, tossed a bunch of feathers and matching flowers all over it to match my dress, and strutted around at that event like a human peacock, proudly displaying my homemade masterpiece as all the other society matrons gasped at me while wearing their own overpriced prissy church hats.

But guess who ended up starring in all the local social mags' spreads and ended up with the prize-winning hat? That's right, my goofy ass! So fist bumps to other gals who don't overthink their charity day ensembles and just have fun...for a PURPOSE!

I loved looking at the hats but i don't think your story is the Brainless Brandi's. Yours is about individuality and creativity with a soupcon of over the top.  Brainless was just mean-spirited and stupid and large.  She could have just dragged a public bathroom garbage can behind her and been all good. 

Leeanne is not high society and she knows it.

These fundraisers are all public events.

She's a hanger on. 

• Love 2

But guess who ended up starring in all the local social mags' spreads and ended up with the prize-winning hat? That's right, my goofy ass! So fist bumps to other gals who don't overthink their charity day ensembles and just have fun...for a PURPOSE!!

I think that Brandi's hat was a fuck you to Leann versus an expression of individuality.  Also, the poop theme was crass and low class in my opinion, especially for a luncheon.  I don't care for uppity folks either, but at the same time, I shouldn't attend their events to make fun of them.  I am no better than they are if I am trying to impose my standards on them.  Brandi seems to be mocking these social events when she should keep her ass at home if she thinks they are beneath her.  Write a check for the cause and move on.

All of these women are wannabees.  If it makes Leann happy to get excited about paying $350+ to show off her hat and mingle with folks that may not care about her, then god bless her. I don't recall Leann requiring anyone to be apart of her allusions of grandeur. LOL, she is in there all by herself.

I'm really disliking Cary. I can't imagine the reaction if it was her husband shivering with revulsion at having sex with her prior to a weight loss. Or talking about her hideous hair. That poor man.

Dude could have done such much better than her.  For his sake, I hope she does have magical powers so he can get something out of the lousy deal he got.

Also, all kinds of unsanitary grossness to be baking a cake with a puppy in your arm the whole time.  I love dogs, but I don't think they should be anywhere near any kind of food prep.

I was cringing watching her bake that cake.  Her hair was not pulled back.  Her childrens' hair was not pulled back.  No one washed their hands while we were watching and Brandi was holding that dog.  ICK.  ICK.  ICK.

They had the nerve to serve that cake to guests.  No ma'am.  Just no.  The woman just has no home training......;

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 10

I absolutely understand the eyerolls at Brandi over her overdone poop humor. It's just not that funny. But I do think she says some of the most sensible stuff. It IS ridiculous that women pay thousands on hats they'll wear once to a charity function instead of making their own and donating the money to the charity. Ditto on hosting charity parties. And yep, Stephanie is a people pleaser. And I also sniggered at Travis owning 2 fur coats in Texas. <br /><br />Leeanne does come off as completely desperate in regards to marriage. The stench hangs around her like a cheap Cologne.

• Love 6

I actually dont know if Leanne was offended or annoyed, she made small talk with Brandi and kept it going. Brandi and her minions were the ones trying to get a reaction. Desperately. Like someone else said if he your toddlers are annoyed by your immature jokes then your a fawking idiot.

I thought the crazy hate theme was awesome and wuould have loved to see more of it. If I worked hard on my hat I would be annoyed with Brandi, not offended.

• Love 4

I wonder how Brandi's absent over-achiever I want to be filthy rich by the time I'm 40 husband is feeling about watching his wife make a total ass of herself on national TV. He's seemed like a pretty humorless guy, I don't think he's going to take her foolishness and poop talk to well. Then again, he knew what he was marrying. 

• Love 4

I think it's the name. Brandi...Beware if you name your child Brandi because she will become a low class poop machine who's not remotely funny and comes off like a ass. This woman is JUST as disgusting as the Brandi on RHOBH........and this is NOT a compliment.

• Love 10

When LeeAnn was asking her boyfriend his opinion of her outfit, she said it was supposed to be "elegant, simple" and one other fancy adjective I've forgotten.  Sophisticated, maybe?  She looked like a tacky, third-rate drag queen.  In a hideous dress.  I'll bet she drenched herself in half a bottle of Chanel No. 5 too.

I've had it with the poop stuff.  Yeah, can these women BE more mind-numblingly vacuous?  What a bunch of tacky, low-class airheads.

LeeAnn: "Charity!  Society!  Charity!  Society!"  Brandi: "Poop, poop, poop!"  Tiffany: the most Botox I've ever seen slammed into a mammal's face.  The rest: boring.

Edited by DeepRed
  • Love 5

Sorry I can't take any woman seriously who's wearing a baby carrier with a pet tucked inside. Won't even go there with the poop. Good God Brandi is a train wreck and I don't know if Stephanie is shoveling coal enjoying the ride or is dragging Stephanie along the wrong side of the tracks. I do love how they always seem to find Leanne stuck on their cow catcher.

Leanne seems so desperate to leave her past. Sweetie true society will still gonna call you "carny trash" behind your back. Society will let her do the heavy lifting at these events so they don't have to break a sweat, pat her on the head keeping that gold ring of acceptance just out of her reach, then take all the credit.

Cary and Tiffany I don't know yet, we'll see.

Looking at the hats on display Francophiles are alive and well in Dallas

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3

I know it's fictional, of course -- but when I think Dallas "SOCIETY" I still think Ellie Mae and Sue Ellen Ewing - and those two ladies wouldn't give these broads the time of day.  

For sure.   Hell, these chicks don't have enough money or class to have Pamela Ewing assist them at 'The Store' aka Neiman Marcus Dallas.  Pam did not come from money, but she could upper crust with the best of them because girl had brains and fire.  RHOD women don't have brains and they definitely don't have fire if all they can talk about is poop. 

• Love 2

Personally, I'd take Brandi and Stephanie and their obnoxious poop jokes over hanging out with Leann any day of the week.  They may be flaky and crass, but they are out to laugh and have a good time.  Being pretentious and haughty just so you can fit in with rich folks is beyond desperate.  I prefer authenticity and will take someone warts and all who I feel is being themselves over a pretender any day.  Then again, I could give two shakes about societal circles and wouldn't recongize one if it bit me on the bum.

• Love 12

Her blush was applied too heavily - it was very clownish.  And the hat made it worse as it framed her face and all I could see was blush and (faux) pearls.

Whats up with not Keith Urban?  Last week he was in love with Dallas; this week he does not know whether he wants to live in Dallas.  Surely that potential mortgage payment  was not bothering him since we know he isn't paying the bills anyway.

Well he was still here this past weekend playing at a popular restaurant in Coppell (Suburbia - not Dallas - gasp!) on Saturday night.  I have no idea if there was a turnout or not...  It is a restaurant though and not a music venue.  All sorts of local artists of all degrees of talent play there so having that gig isn't really remarkable.   The patio is popular with locals (to Coppell not Dallas in general) and is usually full in nice(ish) weather so a big crowd wouldn't necessarily indicate that they had come to see him....  

• Love 1

Personally, I'd take Brandi and Stephanie and their obnoxious poop jokes over hanging out with Leann any day of the week.  They may be flaky and crass, but they are out to laugh and have a good time.  Being pretentious and haughty just so you can fit in with rich folks is beyond desperate.  I prefer authenticity and will take someone warts and all who I feel is being themselves over a pretender any day.  Then again, I could give two shakes about societal circles and wouldn't recongize one if it bit me on the bum.

I'd agree but I just can't stand Brandi's baby voice voice, and the "poop", "jesus juice" would cause me to take my leave very early.

I think I'd tolerate Cary best but I'd roll my eyes at the multi-lingual child that can say water and poop in 5 language. Keep it up though and I will be authentically impressed when she is using those skills at the drop of a hat at 10 -12.

FYI I am multi-lingual also. Vietnamese, Thai, French, Italian,Greek and Spanish...menu-multi-lingual. Not bragging just a fact.

• Love 7

Just for grins -- this is the link to the Mad Hatter's photo album from the event.  I did not notice a Housewife in any of them...  

This year's event is on Thursday 4/21....

I scrolled through all the photos - the last two are photos of Leeanne and two other women - one of them could be her friend (can't remember her name).  :-)

Some really ridiculously huge head fashions there - I guess everything really is bigger in Texas!    ;-)

Edited by njbchlover

I'd agree but I just can't stand Brandi's baby voice voice, and the "poop", "jesus juice" would cause me to take my leave very early.

I think I'd tolerate Cary best but I'd roll my eyes at the multi-lingual child that can say water and poop in 5 language. Keep it up though and I will be authentically impressed when she is using those skills at the drop of a hat at 10 -12.

FYI I am multi-lingual also. Vietnamese, Thai, French, Italian,Greek and Spanish...menu-multi-lingual. Not bragging just a fact.

I was reminded of both Alex from RHNY and Dana (aka-Pam) from her one season on RHOBH (friend status).  They both had children who were supposedly "fluent" in other languages.  Except, at least with Alex's children, all we saw was them refusing to speak in French, and to be rather annoying when speaking in English.   

• Love 3

I'd agree but I just can't stand Brandi's baby voice voice, and the "poop", "jesus juice" would cause me to take my leave very early.I think I'd tolerate Cary best but I'd roll my eyes at the multi-lingual child that can say water and poop in 5 language. Keep it up though and I will be authentically impressed when she is using those skills at the drop of a hat at 10 -12.FYI I am multi-lingual also. Vietnamese, Thai, French, Italian,Greek and Spanish...menu-multi-lingual. Not bragging just ad fact.

Agree with you on all points. Hate the baby voice thing and was glad not to hear Jesus juice this episode.

• Love 2

This was on the DVR (forgot to delete it) so I decided what the hell.  I might keep watching.  These women are unfiltered, so the season might get interesting.  Cary (?) admitting that she remade her husband so he'd be worthy of sleeping with -- and apparently not worried about offending every overweight person in the country, LeeAnne being offended by the poop hat but so insecure about her position that instead of confronting Brandi, she tattled.  Those are the only ones that really stood out. 

Brandi's husband, wanting to make millions -- just making the money, not actually producing or contributing anything worthwhile.  Even Trump brags about what he's done, not just the money he's made.  I want to see more of him, with the useless fur coats, and the to-do lists.  That wasn't a "wasp nest" -- it was one freakin' bee. 

LeeAnne's hat was a disappointment.  The fabric looked stiff and cheap, and like everyone else has said, what was it with all that rouge?   She had sort of a flapper look going, but I don't think flappers used rouge.  Wasn't a pale look popular in the 20's?  Lots of mascara and eyeliner but pale cheeks?

• Love 1

I scrolled through all the photos - the last two are photos of Leeanne and two other women - one of them could be her friend (can't remember her name).  :-)

Some really ridiculously huge head fashions there - I guess everything really is bigger in Texas!    ;-)

Pic 34 is Tiffany, Marie, and Leann.   Pic 35 has Leann, Tiffany, and I think one of the other two women was the one who Leann told Tiffany was the chairwoman of the event.  Sharon maybe?

Just for grins -- this is the link to the Mad Hatter's photo album from the event.  I did not notice a Housewife in any of them...  

This year's event is on Thursday 4/21....

I looked during the show and I could not find a picture of that ugly hat Leeann wore last year.  I wonder if this is the first year that she has attended?

LeeAnne's hat was a disappointment.  The fabric looked stiff and cheap, and like everyone else has said, what was it with all that rouge?   She had sort of a flapper look going, but I don't think flappers used rouge.  Wasn't a pale look popular in the 20's?  Lots of mascara and eyeliner but pale cheeks?

I thought she was going for the flapper look too when I saw the outfit on the form.  I liked the concept, but she messed up the execution.  I liked the soft petals on her hat, but I did not like the beanie they were attached to on her head.  I think the soft petals attached directly to her head and her hair slicked back would have been a much better look.  Also, her makeup was overdone and way too bright for her coloring.  She must not have looked in a mirror once her makeup was finished.  I cannot imagine she thought was a good look.

Edited by ToukieSmith

Pic 34 is Tiffany, Marie, and Leann.   Pic 35 has Leann, Tiffany, and I think one of the other two women was the one who Leann told Tiffany was the chairwoman of the event.  Sharon maybe?

The one with the pearl's is pix 34-5.

Oops - how did I miss that?!?!?!  

• Love 1

Newbie here. *waves*

Lord.  I was born and raised in Texas, and have lived in and around Dallas for 30+ years.  Are these women the only ones they could talk into doing this show?   I was excited when it was announced because I like seeing what local landmarks they feature on Dallas-related shows, but these heifers are giving Dallas a bad name.  If that's high society, I think I'll stay in my middle class lane! 

Leeanne is the only one whose name I can remember, the rest of them blend together.  A DJ on a local radio show says they all look like the creatures in the movie Sleepwalkers - and he's totally right!  That's enough to turn me away from the botox forever!

• Love 5

I forgot about something until I saw the repeat (couldn't get to sleep last night and even this show didn't put me to sleep).  At THE event of the season, someone with Lee Ann said how does her husband (Brandi's husband) let her go out like that or do that?  Whoa.  Like she has to be submissive and be the little wifey?  The way they said it was like the husband was the lord and master.  Uh, the 1950's called and even they don't want that attitude back. 

I didn't get the bow (or beau) with me comment that was previewed.  It almost was like you need to kowtow to me now (bitch was implied).

The casting job was awful for this show.  I'd still take DC (minus Salahis) over Potomac and Dallas.  At least some of them had real money and connections.

• Love 2

Should this show continue?

I don't give a poop.

These people are uninteresting, boorish, snot-nosed wannabes that couldn't holda candle to real society.

I am ranking this part of the franchise below Potomac, Miami and DC. It should not and cannot survive. At least not for me. I am out.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 2