Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

So sad about Chester.  :(

Hybrid Theory will always be my favorite Linkin Park album. 

If the music he wrote was any indication, he carried a LOT of demons. It's sad that he could not overcome them in life. 

R.I.P. Chester. 

• Love 8

I was in seventh grade in 2002 when "In the End" was unavoidable, For all the jokes about Linkin Park being every early 2000's emo teen's favorite band, that song RESONATED, and still does today.

RIP. :( 

• Love 5
(edited)

A true shock & a true loss. Chester Bennington's suicide is heartbreaking enough, but it happening on his late friend Chris Cornell's birthday is devastating. Condolences to his family, his friends and Linkin Park.

Like Cornell, Bennington had a powerful & beautiful voice that was silenced way too soon. Just like I can't imagine Soundgarden without Cornell, I can't imagine Linkin Park without Bennington.

RIP, Chester.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3

Their song "My December" has been a favorite of mine for years. I tried listening to it last night and couldn't make it all the way through. My heart breaks for his children and all his loved ones. I hope his soul has found peace.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

This bit from Big always made me laugh. RIP John Heard:

I think he was better in 'Big' than 'Home Alone'.  

How horribly sad.  Were there no friends, no family to stay with him?  To take him in?

• Love 1
(edited)

I know most people remember him as Kevin's dad in the Home Alone movies, but he also did a very good job as Geraldine Page's son in The Trip to Bountiful. RIP.

Also, for those of you also in the DC viewing area like myself, long time WRC-TV Channel 4 (NBC) news anchor Jim Vance has died. An icon in DC news, and one of the most prominent African-American local news anchors in the country. RIP.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/News4-Anchor-Jim-Vance-Dies-at-75-436001373.html

Edited by UYI
  • Love 8

When I was younger I remember him in that movie with Goldie Hawn called Deceived. That movie always stuck with me because his character reminded me of my asshole father and what he would of turned into if my Mom hadn't left him when I was little. The last time I remember seeing John in anything was when he played Callie's alcoholic father on CSI: Miami. He walked like a guy with back problems during that time.

• Love 5
(edited)

John Heard was also an alumni of Law & Order; he appeared on all three during the years. Different characters of course. I remember him in the short-lived series The Client, based on the movie, based on John Grisham's book. So very sad to hear about him.

A double hit, because along with Walter Cronkite, Gordon Petersen, Maureen Bunyan (I think the latter two are still with us), I grew up watching Jim Vance on NBC.

FUCK CANCER!!!!???

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'll miss Jim, he was at NBC4 for 45 years, which is longer than I've been alive, so he's been a constant for me. Plus, he was cool as hell.

Vance_v4.jpg.optimal.jpg

RIP John Heard also. Home Alone is definitely up there in my all time favorite films.

Edited by Popples
  • Love 5
On 7/20/2017 at 3:17 PM, amaranta said:

Linkin Park leader singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide.

Somewhere I Belong and Numb were part of the soundtrack to my 2000s.

Bennington was also friends with Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots); it's only been a year and a half since he passed.

Damn.

Word. I listened to their stuff then as well. He'll be missed  :(.

• Love 1

Oh, ffs, the conspiracy theorists are out in force.  According to them, Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington were murdered because they knew details about Pizzagate (the conspiracy between Hillary Clinton and her campaign manager John Podesta to run a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor in Washington, DC), because Chester Bennington was really the illegitimate son of John Podesta. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Oh, ffs, the conspiracy theorists are out in force.  According to them, Chris Cornell and Chester Bennington were murdered because they knew details about Pizzagate (the conspiracy between Hillary Clinton and her campaign manager John Podesta to run a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor in Washington, DC), because Chester Bennington was really the illegitimate son of John Podesta. 

Seriously?  Some people clearly have WAY too much time on their hands!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

*Blinks*

...what

Wow. That is...beyond sad. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Shut up, Alex Jones. (Just guessing.)

• Love 4

Marvel & Indy Comics Legend ‘Fabulous’ Flo Steinberg Passes Away

Wikipedia:

Florence "Flo" Steinberg was an American publisher of one of the first independent comic books, the underground/alternative comics hybrid Big Apple Comix, in 1975. Additionally, as the secretary for Marvel Comics editor Stan Lee and the fledgling company's receptionist and fan liaison during the 1960s Silver Age of Comic Books, she was a key participant of and witness to Marvel's expansion from a two-person staff to a pop culture conglomerate

flo.jpg

Flo_Steinberg,_I'll_Never_forget_you.JPG

• Love 3
On 7/22/2017 at 11:19 AM, Jaded said:

When I was younger I remember him in that movie with Goldie Hawn called Deceived. That movie always stuck with me because his character reminded me of my asshole father and what he would of turned into if my Mom hadn't left him when I was little. The last time I remember seeing John in anything was when he played Callie's alcoholic father on CSI: Miami. He walked like a guy with back problems during that time.

I remember that movie also. I saw that at a time when I could still be surprised by movie twists, which doesn't happen very often anymore ! To be young again.

• Love 1

Can't copy/paste/quote from VCRTracking's post of Daniel Stern's tweet above - but do note that Mr Stern recommends (as I do) Cutter's Way as an example of Mr Heard's most impressive work.  Also that he  says that : "what's funny is that I never ever remember that John is even in that movie."  and Daniel Stern was IN the movie!  Honestly I don't really remember him in it either.

• Love 1

Very nice, touching statement. I like how they acknowledge how inspiring and helpful he was to others who've struggled with similar problems.

I can't even begin to imagine what his family and friends are going through right now, but I'm glad they're getting such strong support, and I wish them well going forward. 

• Love 3

Dammit, she almost made it to 100!

She had a long career of famous voices that made up half my childhood. Goodbye Rocky, Natasha, Nell Fenwick, Ursula, Cindy Lou Who, Grandma Fa (from Mulan), Talky Tina...

• Love 12