Type keyword(s) to search

In Memoriam: Entertainment Industry Celebrity Deaths

Message added by Mr. Sparkle,

Reminder:

This thread is for deaths of celebrities in the entertainment business only. No notices about politicians, please. 

• Start Topic

Wasn't [Jack Larson] on an episode of SVU a few years ago?

I must have missed that one.  I do remember him being on the 90s version of "Superboy" and "Lois & Clark" in which that show's "Jimmy Olson" was exposed to an aging ray - and Jack Larson played his older self!  I thought it was a great way to come full circle.

The Twin Peaks line I use most is "the owls are not what they seem". Even though no one gets it anymore. It's not a Log Lady line, but I'm sorry to learn of her death.

Edited by ABay

One of the many things I looked forward to in the revival was the return of the Log Lady. We still randomly quote her in my family. "My log saw something that night."

I use that quote as well with some of my friends but in Swedish, which also gives it a juvenile double meaning. The Swedish word for log - stock - is also slang for penis.

Anyway. So sad to hear about her passing. One of my favourite characters in the Lynchverse.

Archie Bunker's Place Actress Barbara Meek Dies at Age 81.

She played Mrs. Canby, the African-American housekeeper who also helped Archie raise Edith's (& his) young niece, Stephanie (Danielle Brisebois), after Edith died in the show/Jean Stapleton was written out (I think she didn't wanna do the spinoff when All in the Family ended, as I remember).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/barbara-meek-dead-archie-bunkers-829332

• Love 1

Internationally known chef Paul Prudhomme died today at the age of 75. I always remembered him and his shows when they were on PBS down here. I'm not sure if they were shown nationally on PBS channels or not. He always came across like he was a sweet man.

• Love 4

Internationally known chef Paul Prudhomme died today at the age of 75. I always remembered him and his shows when they were on PBS down here. I'm not sure if they were shown nationally on PBS channels or not. He always came across like he was a sweet man.

That's how I first knew of him through his PBS shows (WTTW Chicago).  RIP Paul.

• Love 1

Jerry Parr, the Secret Service agent who saved the late Former President Reagan's life during the 1981 assassination attempt by John Hinckley, has died at 85.

http://wane.com/2015/10/10/secret-service-agent-who-saved-reagan-after-shooting-dies/

(He had the Presidential limo turned around to go to George Washington Hospital, instead of the White House, when Reagan began complaining of chest pain & bleeding from the mouth after the shooting)

• Love 1

Noooo!  Not Corey Wells!!

I'll say goodbye to Corey, by way of this song he recorded prior to his time with Three Dog Night.  Like a lot of good songs, it got lost in the shuffle of the great tunes of 1965.

Edited by magicdog
  • Love 1

Terribly sad about Cory Wells. Three Dog Night was a huge part of my teenage years. They were my first concert and I had every single one of their albums. I was still holding out hope that Cory and Danny Hutton would reunite with Chuck Negron. Too bad.

Too bad ... she was one of my all-time favourite actresses & a hell-of-a woman.  Very accomplished.

It says a lot that she and John Wayne respected each other a great deal.  She embodied the image of the fiery Irish redhead who wouldn't put up with anyone's crap, and it showed in every single one of her roles.  May she rest in peace.

• Love 7

It says a lot that she and John Wayne respected each other a great deal.

What blows my mind even more is that he and Katharine Hepburn did the same.  I have little use for John Wayne, but that always gives me pause.

• Love 1

It says a lot that she and John Wayne respected each other a great deal.  She embodied the image of the fiery Irish redhead who wouldn't put up with anyone's crap, and it showed in every single one of her roles.  May she rest in peace.

McLintock! has always been one of my favorite movies, and I might pull out the DVD this afternoon in honor of Ms. O'Hara's passing. Rest well, Maureen, and I hope John Wayne was there to greet you with his hat in his hand.

• Love 3

RIP to a great actress, a gorgeous & strong woman.

You've lived a good, long life and your talent will be missed, but you deserve the rest.

(She was the last living cast member of Miracle on 34th Street

• Love 3

My Dad had a major crush on Maureen O'Hara. Plus he loved John Wayne, and Ireland. Obviously making The Quiet Man his favorite movie ever. We played a theme from the soundtrack at his funeral - at his request. I hope the three of them have now been able to meet too. ⭐️

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 4

I also remember her in How Green Was My Valley and I was sad that she didn't end up marrying that nice doctor (Walter Pidgeon) who loved her.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1