Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

• Start Topic

Plenty of people, including young children, find a way to live with RA, instead of her drunken pity party.

Grrrr. No shit.  This girl.  I'm sorry but if her RA has reached her heart, it's because she's not taking meds. There is NO WAY she's taking needs with the amount of drinking she does.  I know.  I take my meds.  I'll have maybe a beer a month which my doctor said was fine.  My RA hasn't reached my heart because I take meds, get my blood tested monthly for liver and kidney issues.  I started a different med for something else and BANG calls from all of my doctors telling me to stop everything as my liver was indicating stress.  Speed everything as told, only to end up with a flare and my saying to my docs "guys, it's this new med...." 

People like GG make it so hard for all of us others.  I actually work and if I'm out, I'm looked at like oh yeah she's "sick". 

• Love 6

As long as it is fabric only in a plastic bag and nothing that can be broken I'd be fine with the way they are sent. Who wants to pay higher shipping costs?

I'd rather be happy with beautiful merchandise cheaply packaged but protected than be disappointed with exquisitely wrapped crap .

It may be that since the company is new they have to watch costs, then as it builds they can change how they ship. 

• Love 3

I am not a GG apologist, girl needs deep therapy big time, but damn her so called friends. Geez! Reza, you asshole, the girl has RA, she is not complaining on the ropes course because she is mentally weak. Or whatever the hell he said. MJ, you don't want GG at your funeral because negative energy would get in the dirt? Girl bye with your "friendship". Mike; less said about him, the better. He's still tap dancing like mad around the cheater label. Shervin and Asa were the only two showing any compassion and friend qualities. They I would want in my corner.

GG has problems, both physical and mental. I do not have the expertise or personal knowledge of her to be able to make pronouncements over which of her problems is driving the other. Clearly, she is in crisis and needs help.....by someone other than her friends.   

Once again we are faced with another Bravo illness storyline. And I, for one, am sick to death of this. No pun intended. 

• Love 6

GG: This is what happens when a very spoiled, very rich, very entitled girl who never had to work a damn day in her life because daddy and mommy always took care of EVERYTHING is faced with a debilitating illness. She can't handle it because she has never had to live in the real world. She could barely take care of herself when she was healthy, why should she be able to do it now? It's all very sad, really, because I do believe she spends a lot of time alone. I blame her parents for much of who GG is because evidently they never took the time to teach her how to be a self sufficient, independent woman who could actually believe she was worth something. Much easier to throw luxury cars, money, and condo's at her then to just say NO.

• Love 7
On 5/2/2016 at 8:38 AM, TexasGal said:

Mike also seems to have a dyed black beard in his post-separation talking heads.  It's very distracting.

Anyone know what the green sauce is?  I'm so intrigued!  This?  http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/25/dining/spicy-green-sauce-recipe.html?_r=0

I thought it was just me that noticed this. I think its like someone else said those talking heads are after they split. They're trying to give her to bitch edit. Why won't they give him the asshole edit. 

I thought GG used to be a model?

She has never talked about it on the show but I've seen pictures of her with models and older pics of her taken in bikinis and like from car shows or shoots. She's distinctly short but it looked like she maybe did hot import nights or club promotions. 

GG is a hot mess but you can't have an intervention an hour after a few people have agressively cared her out at dinner and are also all drinking.

Sherv is Theo ly person who I think cares about GG. I think Asa isn't as self involved as the others which is damning with faint praise but she kept trying to touch and embrace GG when she asked her not to do that. Not everyone wants to be touched and while you should tell them you are there for them when they want to reach out I found Asa much more on the side of not understanding that her way of support isn't what anyone needs.

Resa continues to be such an out of control asshole that I don't know if I am surprised or not that Bravo gave him a new show. 

Mike can be an asshole even when you hardly speak.

I don't buy this crap about GG being a violent, crazy drunk because of RA, I remember when this series first started they were all at a party and GG went off and physically attacked Asa, (I think it was Asa). Also the time she told her (pregnant) sister that she wanted to take a knife and slice her face off or how she sits around her apartment with a knife at all times made think there is something seriously wrong with her. GG is a spoiled brat who has a drinking problem, she probably has had a lifetime of alienating family and friends and then in a passive aggressive way blames them for all her woes.  That adds up to addict like behavior. 

I also do not buy this crap about how one emotional letter from her father and her saying she is now vulnerable makes this problem go away, nothing that has spanned a lifetime is ever tied up neatly in one small package and put away so easily. 

• Love 5

I agree that GG is a mess, but I totally understood why she was pissed.  They had a great bonding time and I'm sure all felt great.  Then Reza had to start talking about GG and her drinking.  He wasn't talking to her,  he was talking to the others about her, and just loud enough for her to hear him. If you see the look on everyone's faces they knew he was starting trouble. 

• Love 6

Well he did that to MJ season 2. It's a pattern with Reza. He's a dick who likes to OUT people on tv for their addictions or mental problems as he sees them. It's an asshole thing to do to anyone. Because it's for camera time and to make "concerned party" look better. 

I am surprised MJ forgave him for putting her criminal record (she was involved in a bank robbery 20 yrs ago?) and possessing non proscription drugs at that moment on blast for several  episodes.

But she has zero self esteem. 

• Love 5

At a boy Reza. You all get GG feeling good about herself and in a happy place and YOU had to go and ruin it. Such a jerk

I wanted to reach through the t.v and smack him. 

What kills me the most is no one said anything to him about it either

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Giselle said:

As long as it is fabric only in a plastic bag and nothing that can be broken I'd be fine with the way they are sent. Who wants to pay higher shipping costs?

I'd rather be happy with beautiful merchandise cheaply packaged but protected than be disappointed with exquisitely wrapped crap .

It may be that since the company is new they have to watch costs, then as it builds they can change how they ship. 

I so agree about the higher shipping rates that extra tissue and nice box can add to cost. I didn't see a plastic bag but thought I saw colored tissue. The colored tissue would be a big no no for me because any dampness could possibly transfer the color to the dress. I ship a lot of stuff and always use a moisture barrier like a plastic zip lock bag and WHITE tissue if needed. I love the pretty but practical wrapping shows consideration and care for your product.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tinaw said:

At a boy Reza. You all get GG feeling good about herself and in a happy place and YOU had to go and ruin it. Such a jerk

I wanted to reach through the t.v and smack him. 

What kills me the most is no one said anything to him about it either

Nobody said anything to Reza about being the first to throw the cake at Sherv's party, either.He blamed GG for that.  He starts shit with his so called "friends", says nasty things about them and they all put up with it, and his pranks are so not funny. This guy is in his 40's....ugh! I think Asa's the only one he's nice with. Even Adam suffers the wrath of Reza's vitriol. I really think he needs his own special kind of therapy, right along there with GG. 

• Love 11
On 5/9/2016 at 9:56 AM, escape said:

I think the only ones in this group who genuinely cares about GG are Sherv and Asa.  MJ, Reza, Mike are way too self centered and have way too many issues of their own - the kind of so called "friends" GG should break way from.

Sherv is new and hasn't been around it long - he probably hasn't hit is limit yet.  Asa probably just has a very genuine caring personality.  The others I'm sure are just waayyyyyyy over it.  I know I would be.  Like they care... enough to try for the cameras.... but if it doesn't work it's no shirt off their back.  I thought it was 2 seasons they were all done with her?  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

It's weird how he skates for everything. 

One of these days it will bite him Andy would never let that happen. It may not be on the show but it will.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gunderda said:

On 5/9/2016 at 10:56 AM, escape said:

I think the only ones in this group who genuinely cares about GG are Sherv and Asa.  MJ, Reza, Mike are way too self centered and have way too many issues of their own - the kind of so called "friends" GG should break way from.

Sherv is new and hasn't been around it long - he probably hasn't hit is limit yet

I thought Sherv has know GG for a long time, he just hasn't been on the show  until this season. 

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I thought Sherv has know GG for a long time, he just hasn't been on the show  until this season. 

you know... now i'm not sure!  I know she said her brother(?) was really good friends with Sherv and that's how she became close to him? 

I thought he gained his entry into the show via Mike but honestly can't remember if it was ever said if he had a relationship with anyone else. 

9 hours ago, gunderda said:

Sherv is new and hasn't been around it long - he probably hasn't hit is limit yet.  Asa probably just has a very genuine caring personality.  The others I'm sure are just waayyyyyyy over it.  I know I would be.  Like they care... enough to try for the cameras.... but if it doesn't work it's no shirt off their back.  I thought it was 2 seasons they were all done with her?  

But look at who we're talking about - Reza, MJ, Mike - people who have horrible reputations.

My favorite line of the night was Vida yelling over to Jessica at the bingo. Jessica was walking in, her face all sad and a little mad, and then she heard Vida calling her and the smile on her face! That is what I live for on these shows. But Jessica is ridiculous, I´m almost incredulous that her and Mike really got married. No-one can really be that stupid?

I also found it funny when Asa´s mom said she was a naturally born leader or something. It was straight out of a rap song.

(edited)

I thought Shervin was friends with the heavier guy who was on the beginning seasons? I forgot his name lol. Also isn't Shev maybe from LA like them, but spent the past few years in SF or Silicon Valley and made an app or apps and that's  where he got all his money and why he doesn't really work or do shit now? 

He's like the opposite of GG. I wonder if she's secretly in love with him like she was with nasty ass Mike. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

MJ is invigorated as she focuses on a new goal.  Elsewhere, Mike and Jessica begin therapy; Shervin tries to be in top form on a date with a sultry Australian; and stunning news about Mike is disclosed at a retirement party for Asa's mother.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I thought Shervin was friends with the heavier guy who was on the beginning seasons? I forgot his name lol. Also isn't Shev maybe from LA like them but spent the past few years in SF or Silicon Valley and made an app or apps and threats where he got all his money and why he doesn't really work or do shit now? 

He's like the opposite of GG. I wonder if she's secretly in love with him like she was with nasty ass Mike. 

Gigi is only in love Gigi and the idea of others supporting her so she never has to work. If anything Gigi loves that Shervin is in a position to provide that for her.  She hasn't attacked him yet but he's got a good idea of her issues already  and knows to, at the most, just be her friend. I don't believe her would ever mislead her into believing anything else or take advantage of her.

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:50 PM, Petunia13 said:

I thought Shervin was friends with the heavier guy who was on the beginning seasons? I forgot his name lol.

I think his name is Sammy. He was a real creep, if memory serves, just like the rest. I cannot help but wonder if we'll feel the same about Shervin if we see him long enough.

• Love 1
(edited)

There was a time when Mike seemed decent. 

The only one I'd be friendly with is Asa. I actually like GG a bit she's witty and her candor is refreshing but she's also scary. 

Edited by Petunia13
Typos ?
On 5/9/2016 at 10:28 PM, urusai said:

To me it seems like referring to themselves as Persian instead of Iraninan makes them think they are above and more entitled.

As a Persian myself, this made me almost spit out my drink from laughter. That was a good one.... but no, it has nothing to do with entitlement at all. ;)

• Love 2

As much as I gripe about my mother at times, thank God I don't have Vida for a mother.  Yikes.  

So GG is all cured thanks to that intervention?  Whatever.

Asa really has no storyline, save for her businesses, so she has to insert her family - mother.  Was it actually a retirement party? Looked like another vehicle to get the gang together, so they could talk more about Reza's surprise wedding and Mike's marriage falling apart.  MJ, who was part of GG's intervention, is a sloppy drunk, who then doesn't know how to mind her own business.  Then she gets all po'd when they tell her to be quiet about Mike's marriage.  GG in her talking head was the voice of reason.  Yikes.

• Love 10

Mj is just plain ridiculous. Mike needs to stop telling her things he doesn't want told to everyone. Either that or blab mj stuff. 

Glad gg is feeling better. It makes me think all her acting out was she just wanted attention from the group. Unless next ep she does another 180 again

Anyone else think the surprise wedding is going to implode on Reza. Not getting a good feeling about this

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, tinaw said:

Anyone else think the surprise wedding is going to implode on Reza. Not getting a good feeling about this

I don't get a good feeling about most of the stuff this crew decides to do anymore :p

• Love 3

Damn, MJ is a messy person. Can't she just keep her mouth shut about anything? She will never get married or have any children thanks in part to her relationship with her mother. She will become the Vida to her friends.

GG did look good at the dinner party and for once she wasn't drunk off her ass and causing trouble. I hope she can continue down this path.

The Mike and Jessica situation is sad in real life time. Too bad they are looking back at being married instead of looking forward to their life together.

• Love 9

This bitch... chemo for RA? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  She's ridiculous.  Ok let me clarify... the meds are chemo meds, but we are not talking going in for hours of chemo treatment.  I take methotrexate, which is an old school cancer treatment that they found works for RA. It completely depresses the immune system, but, I'm not looking my hair, I'm not vomiting because of treatment.  It is exhausting.  I do get sick A LOT. I have to keep an eye out for any infection so I'm constantly watching any cuts.  

But the positive side... if you go to the er for ANYTHING and I mean anything, once they know you are on it,  l or enbrel, humIra, etc, you go to top of the list, and you see a doc within 10 min. 

But i don't wander around saying in on chemo.  Lol

• Love 7
(edited)
28 minutes ago, hatchetgirl said:

This bitch... chemo for RA? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  She's ridiculous.  Ok let me clarify... the meds are chemo meds, but we are not talking going in for hours of chemo treatment.  I take methotrexate, which is an old school cancer treatment that they found works for RA. It completely depresses the immune system, but, I'm not looking my hair, I'm not vomiting because of treatment.  It is exhausting.  I do get sick A LOT. I have to keep an eye out for any infection so I'm constantly watching any cuts.  

But the positive side... if you go to the er for ANYTHING and I mean anything, once they know you are on it,  l or enbrel, humIra, etc, you go to top of the list, and you see a doc within 10 min. 

But i don't wander around saying in on chemo.  Lol

Thanks for the info and insight into your experience with RA. 

My question is - should someone with an auto immune disorder stuff breast and butt implants into their body? Doesn't seem like the wisest decision (?) re GG. 

Edited by Jade Foxx
  • Love 9
15 minutes ago, Jade Foxx said:

Thanks for the info and insight into your experience with RA. 

My question is - should someone with an auto immune disorder stuff breast and butt implants into their body? Doesn't seem like the wisest decision (?) re GG. 

I wouldn't and I doubt a reputable doctor would, but, she's not taking the meds... if she was, all the liquor would compromise her lover so fast.  My doc said i can have a beer or wine every now and then.  When I first was on my meds, I figured I could go of dancing and drinking with loads of water.   2 weeks later I had my blood test and my doctor could tell I'd had a few drinks.  And we are talking, 2 cocktails. 

I would avoid unnecessary surgery.  Once I had an itch on my ear.  I scratched it. Within 48, I was in the er with the doc ready to put me in with iv antibiotics.  

There is NO cure for this.  It is a lifetime of delicate balance of meds.  I'm not on my full dosage right now and my inflammation rate is higher than I've ever seen it, and i feel it too. Hmmm maybe a posh salt bath wok "cure" me like Jenny McCarthy "cured" her son...  Lol

• Love 4
(edited)

I am amazed that Mike and Jessica agreed to allow even snippets of the meltdown of their short marriage to be filmed for the show. Especially Jessica. And on camera, they are not really saying what I understand happened: Mike fucked up  - - big time. He supposedly cheated on her post wedding, and she found the text exchanges with the woman, right? So they verbally dance around it on camera.  But the show editing emphasis seems to be on some idea that Jessica was controlling and Mike just couldn't adapt to his new found loss of bachelorhood freedom, because there is ZERO excuse for what he supposedly did. Again, I am amazed that Jessica (and those that support and advise her) agreed to this on-camera charade. Unless, it is show editing.

This young woman went to great lengths to be a wonderful wife and partner. Throughout the series, I was impressed at her willingness, her respectfulness, and her maturity (for being in her 20's).... to embrace Mikes's religion, his culture and traditions, and be so respectful of his family and parents. Shame, shame on him. He so publicly humiliated her and their families. I also keep thinking about both of their parents  -  - they must be devastated. Mike's traditional parents who he is so close to. And all that money wasted on such an extravagant wedding. Awful. Such a betrayal on Mike's part. I don't even know how he can face the cameras  -  - including when he was on WWHL recently.  Just awful. He needs to crawl away somewhere away from the cameras and do penance. But he surely needs the show paycheck. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
fine tuning
  • Love 15

I'm a cat person, so I kind of loved that party. I cracked up at Zinat referring to Barfy as her son.

Shervin's date was so odd looking. I doubt he met her standing in line anywhere. I think she's straight out of central casting.

The best part of the episode for me was Mike angrily picking up MJ's lost cat ears and barking, "This is a travesty! Here, put these on and show them to your boyfriend!" Mike and MJ's interactions are hilarious to me. 

• Love 11
(edited)
6 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

I am amazed that Mike and Jessica agreed to allow even snippets of the meltdown of their short marriage to be filmed for the show. Especially Jessica. And on camera, they are not really saying what I understand happened: Mike fucked up  - - big time. He supposedly cheated on her post wedding, and she found the text exchanges with the woman, right? So they verbally dance around it on camera.  But the show editing emphasis seems to be on some idea that Jessica was controlling and Mike just couldn't adapt to his new found loss of bachelorhood freedom, because there is ZERO excuse for what he supposedly did. Again, I am amazed that Jessica (and those that support and advise her) agreed to this on-camera charade. Unless, it is show editing.

This young woman went to great lengths to be a wonderful wife and partner. Throughout the series, I was impressed at her willingness, her respectfulness, and her maturity (for being in her 20's).... to embrace Mikes's religion, his culture and traditions, and be so respectful of his family and parents. Shame, shame on him. He so publicly humiliated her and their families. I also keep thinking about both of their parents  -  - they must be devastated. Mike's traditional parents who he is so close to. And all that money wasted on such an extravagant wedding. Awful. Such a betrayal on Mike's part. I don't even know how he can face the cameras  -  - including when he was on WWHL recently.  Just awful. He needs to crawl away somewhere away from the cameras and do penance. But he surely needs the show paycheck. 

X1000.

In one of these threads (shahs in the media, maybe?) the story/timeline seems to be that he cheated before the were married but after they were seeing each other and committed and she came across the texts after the wedding.  It always makes me wonder what the woman's impetus to start looking is.  Like was it a snoop of opportunity, he's in the shower and his phone notification window lights up or does he say or do something that triggers intuition that's already on code yellow..?  That mixed with how sloppy men are when they're dirty is fascinating to me.  Because yes, there no reason for the shit he did and (this is the part that would kill me if I got caught cheating) what the actual fuck are you keeping the receipts for?  Really, 2 year old texts?    

Bossa, my sister was watching the housewarming dinner episode with me and she said is that girl Persian?  I said no, but she's a damn good facsimile.  See the yummy treats in the pot?  She's on the phone with her mother in law right now, learning how to perfect each one of the dishes she's making for their Shabbat and she understands if not speaks Farsi and she converted to Judaism for him.   It didn't last though, she just filed.  She said what'd he do girl? (we're cynics lol) I said the usjz'  - she threw her arms up Spike Lee style and said after all she did to demonstrate that she was down? and be the PERFECT wife??  Wait, where's her family from?  I said they're Italian, she's the Fiji Water Co. heiress.  She said ok so he had to be vetted too right?  I shrugged.  She said what'd he do to meld with her culture?  I said apparently that ain't how that works, so he ain't do shit.  No, no, no wait there was that time he shared his dick with at least one other woman but that's frowned upon so, yeah divorcing.   Then we proceeded to debate the hypothetical reaction we'd have to finding out post hoc that our husband was a bastard. 

I hated but loved his description to Reza of what it's like when your wife leaves the house.  The place is a dirty mess, it's dark, there's no {{fingers to nose}} food cooking.   Hee hee.   Yeah dude, enjoy that.

MJ could probably murder somebody and I'd be like yeah ok because, Vida.

Asa we see you girl.  You been to Santo Domingo in the off season talking about you gone getchu a husband this year.  That ass is slaying dragons.

Just when I think Reza can't possibly get anymore narcissistic, in his TH, he goes we've been talking about a wedding forever, why wouldn't he want to marry me?    WWHL poll question was: surprising weddings, good idea or nah?  94% said nah.

I think GG takes comfort in being above the caliber of girl Shervin admittedly likes to date.  She might not be ready to admit that even when he's ready to be serious, he's never considered her.  It's gotta sting to walk around thinking you're hot shit when all the eligible, cute guys in your immediate circle pay you dust.    The way his date looks and her accent were such a disconnect to me lol, I kept waiting for her to slip up.   GG was right though, he has no game.  She agreed to go out with you, you already won and the best you can do is blow verbal spitballs at her hair?  Maybe buy some sexy women-magnet shoes from Mike.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
clarity
  • Love 11
(edited)
12 hours ago, tinaw said:

I hope so. Nobody deserves it more than shit stirring, back stabbing Reza. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9
(edited)

I guess Jessica should have known better than to expect Mike to change, but she's very young and honestly, she sacrificed a lot to be with him and he couldn't even get it together. She clearly didn't marry him for his money as he has none - she actually loved his dumbass.

Why do people tell MJ anything?!

Shervin was super awkward on the date, but I think he'll find his match in time.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3