Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm so perplexed by GG's condo situation---it's obviously the same one she's lived in the past several seasons, and it seems spacious and nice, but would it kill the gal to maybe add a few decorations and some interior design that would make it look a bit more homey and a bit less like a sad hotel room?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought about this too.

In more important news, where have they been hiding Shervin all this time? I mean, I know he was a bit player last year but he should have been a featured player over Lilli or Asifa one would think.

• Love 8
(edited)

I got the impression for this episode that Jessica has never even seen a bill. Mike has insinuated she comes from a privileged background so I bet that prior to the wedding, her parents foot the bill for everything for her. I'm sorry, but I would not give up the gravy train for a broke dude...no way, no how. Jessica was stupid for not only marrying a broke dude, but a broke cheater at that.

I felt sympathy for Asa during that bingo game. I once went to a bingo night at a local church with a friend, and OMG, the people there were so ruthless and competitive.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 7

Jessica.  Not one ounce of common sense.  If you have to work a day job and don't have access to daddy's cash anymore, what is your ass even doing in Gearys let alone anywhere on Rodeo Drive?  The only way I can imagine she racked up a phone bill was if they went somewhere on the honeymoon that wasn't coverage inclusive under their plan and she was roaming. 

I hadn't been paying it too much attention before but Asa's mother is about as charming as a fistful of mosquitoes.  Sit the fuck down somewhere, I'm working.  Her sense of obligation to make their life financially amazing is admirable and maybe even a cultural expectation but I dunno call it being too affected by the Western culture I was raised in, it also sounds over the top.  I wouldn't want my kid to make her whole life's work about supporting me.

Why does Mike know what "fake titty" cup size GG is?

I've just realized why I can never be all the way mad at him.  Because:  Persian Mark Consuelos.  {{exhales}} it was killing me.

I'm kinda giggling at ya'll and the why not sleep in the camper?  That thing, including its bed linens, was from 1972 andplusalso, shart fumes.   {{handscales}}  zika virus or bed bug bites?  I'd take my chances outside too.  

• Love 11

I've stopped watching realty tv but came back to this one when I saw that it was on again. I think I enjoy watching them because 1) it's a mix of men and women, not just a "housewives" perspective 2) they are pretty open with their vulnerabilities or at least that's what we see and 3) the food! It's nice to see people treating dinner as something to be celebrated and enjoyed rather than calories to be avoided. Now, that being said, MJ and Asa's backsides are strangely huge. Asa's butt especially seems to be out of character with the rest of her body. I hope they didn't do anything cosmetically because they do seem to be OK with themselves otherwise (as opposed to other reality tv characters who change everything). At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next and yes, it was strange to see GG driving the van. After all that we've seen, they put her behind the wheel?

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Mike isn't wearing his wedding ring in his talking confessionals. I'm assuming they edited new confessionals after he and Jessica split because obviously he wouldn't be saying half the shit he is if they were still together at the time. 

Bingo was so weird. Why did MJ bring her mom? I didn't spot GG but I saw Jessica there. I thought she hated these people? 

Agree that Asa's ass looks as rediculous as Khloe Kardashian's.  Her mom and dad were annoying, are they turning in to little fame whores? 

I want Asa's recipe for the "green sauce".

Mike also seems to have a dyed black beard in his post-separation talking heads.  It's very distracting.

Anyone know what the green sauce is?  I'm so intrigued!  This?  http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/25/dining/spicy-green-sauce-recipe.html?_r=0

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 3

What always strikes me as strange about these people is the stuff they do are things I did in my 20s.  The drunken parties, camping with a bunch of friends.  Seems to be more than one case of arrested development in this group.  Plus, if everyone except GG was drinking on the Winnebago, seems like a weird choice if you're on the way to an intervention.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Why does Mike know what "fake titty" cup size GG is?

They're the same size as his breasts? Seriously, what the hell happened to him? Mike looked bloated and like a pig with his pants falling down. I take it the lame hoodie with a hashtag was sppsd to be trendy and hip?

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

What always strikes me as strange about these people is the stuff they do are things I did in my 20s.  The drunken parties, camping with a bunch of friends.  Seems to be more than one case of arrested development in this group.  Plus, if everyone except GG was drinking on the Winnebago, seems like a weird choice if you're on the way to an intervention.

I was more annoyed that the arranged for the camping trip as a cover-story for the intervention in the first place, unless they thought dragging her out to the wilderness would mitigate the damage caused by her blowing her top and going ape shit.

• Love 2

I'm wondering if Jessica had a gift card from Geary's, and had to use it to buy tea service.  I'm Greek-American and the custom for us is that your best man buys that for you.  Maybe their best man gave them them gift card and it was earmarked for the tea/coffee service.  Jessica had to buy it because when the bestie comes over, he will want to see it.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I'm wondering if Jessica had a gift card from Geary's, and had to use it to buy tea service.  I'm Greek-American and the custom for us is that your best man buys that for you.  Maybe their best man gave them them gift card and it was earmarked for the tea/coffee service.  Jessica had to buy it because when the bestie comes over, he will want to see it.  

A $5,000 gift card? Damn, I invited the wrong people to my wedding!

• Love 7
16 hours ago, beesknees said:

I hated the whole camping segment.  I FF'd through it.  Seemed stupid and forced?  Couldn't quite put my finger on it.  Even next week's intervention for GG doesn't interest me.  ZZZZZZ.  She's just gonna do what she always does - deny and run away.  Didn't we already sit through all that a few seasons ago?

Me too. Bravo can't get away from the "camping" storylines can they? I'm with Caroline Manzo on this one, Italians don't camp. I could care less who camps, why they camp, whatever I just am tired of this storyline in a lot of Bravo shows. Make it STOP!!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, terminalpreppy said:

ANd Mike is vile. Red flags all over the place with those two. That horrible conversation he had with reza about blow jobs, the wedding ring being a magnet....jesus. what is wrong with people? What kind of woman huts a married man? Mike is so disrespectful. What a pair he and Jessica were.

I think they deserve each other.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

They're the same size as his breasts? Seriously, what the hell happened to him? Mike looked bloated and like a pig with his pants falling down. I take it the lame hoodie with a hashtag was sppsd to be trendy and hip?

I was more annoyed that the arranged for the camping trip as a cover-story for the intervention in the first place, unless they thought dragging her out to the wilderness would mitigate the damage caused by her blowing her top and going ape shit.

I don't know anything about drug culture but I'm thinking most of any money Mike had went up his nose.

And I think when no one is watching him and GG are friends with benefits. Besides GG's issues with alcohol I think he main issues is she will get over Mike. He will never marry her but the milk is free so he takes full advatage of it with disregard to GG's feelings.

• Love 5
On 5/2/2016 at 11:34 PM, beesknees said:

MJ's color choices for those business cards didn't seem at all practical.  Gold lettering on a black background seems it would be hard on the eyes and hard to read.  Black letters on a somewhat light gold background seems a more practical choice.  I'm surprised the saleswoman didn't mention that as an alternative.

Depends on the font that will be used.  It has potential to look really nice and not something you see all the time.  Most people have white or light colored business cards.  I want to say it will be unique but I hate when people order from pre-made templates.  You have the money, hire a designer and get something designed for just you. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Me too. Bravo can't get away from the "camping" storylines can they? I'm with Caroline Manzo on this one, Italians don't camp. I could care less who camps, why they camp, whatever I just am tired of this storyline in a lot of Bravo shows. Make it STOP!!

Apparently "camping" is a bug up some producers ass.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

My neighbors asked me to go camping. I said Camping is practicing to be homeless. Nope......I'll stay where there's running hot water and a toilet. 

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I stopped breathing!!!

• Love 2

I love the daytime aspects of camping... especially smores or other delicious camp fire foods. 

My family used to camp A LOT when I was younger.  The main thing is just that I hate the restrooms.  They're always filled with bugs. 

My friend and her husband go camping quite a bit during the summers. I always try to find at least one day where I can go hang out with them. Just a nice relaxing day of eating and drinking lol 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

My neighbors asked me to go camping. I said Camping is practicing to be homeless. Nope......I'll stay where there's running hot water and a toilet. 

I tell folks that I lived in a village in subSaharan Africa for 2 years in the early 80s. I'm camped out for a lifetime.

• Love 4
(edited)

Re packaging: I bought a used item on EBay that the seller wrapped in pretty paper and ribbon! It was such a lovely surprise to open the parcel to see it look like a gift instead of a purchase!

Re this episode: they are all hot messes, IMO.

I agree with the poster up thread about the rudeness of speaking in another language to avoid being understood by everyone in earshot. Especially the way Reza speaks loudly enough to make it obvious. So arrogant.

edit to add: it's so disrespectful. Reza shows NO respect to Adam ever (that we see in the show). Surely, that will erode their relationship? Adam will resent the disrespect and will one day say "enough" and/or Reza will one day resent that Adam tolerates his disrespect and will say "enough".

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 2
(edited)

Asa's ass is natural. It's gotten bigger over the years but so have her thighs, upper arms and breasts all at the same time. Also her belly has gotten softer, you can see that it has when she wears a bathing suit. Asa with her big boned wide hipped build does not look out of proportion.

The Kardashian's on the other hand have kept their thin thighs, thin  upper arms  and toned tummies while their obviously injected asses have become ginormous and look out of proportion. With their many body shot photos, especially of their backside bare and clothed, doctors have pointed out the physiological signs of enhancement and injection scars.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:38 AM, TexasGal said:

Anyone know what the green sauce is?  I'm so intrigued!  This?  http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/25/dining/spicy-green-sauce-recipe.html?_r=0

I posted about the green sauce in Persian Nom Party thread. I've made the Persian Recipes one before. It is good. Copied my post below:

Asa's Spicy Green Sauce. 

Bravo misled us into believing that we were finally going to get one of Asa's recipies only to get us to read a deceptive blog   post http://www.bravotv.com/shahs-of-sunset/season-5/blogs/weve-got-the-secret-to-asas-magical-green-sauce where she coyly tells us nothing except that it has 5 ingredients and alludes to creating the sauce. 

This spicy sauce, an Afghani/Persian Chutney from Persianrecipes.com also uses only 5 ingredients and seems very similar.

I've made it before and It's really good.  Especially with roasted or grilled meats and fish. To get Asa's consistency blend it smooth.

http://persianrecipes.com/?s=Chutney

At the site click on"read more" for the recipe

And another:

http://presleyspantry.com/2014/10/31/spicy-spinach-sauce/

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, Giselle said:

I'm curious about the type of fabric. What does the label say?

I looked at her site and she has a silk collection. The other collection has no info about the fabric type...I assume it's some kind of polyester mix, but I could be wrong.

Edit (taken from her site):

Material & Care:

Silk kaftans should be dry cleaned only.

Gorgette kaftans (most of our kaftans) can be machine washed on fragile setting and hang dried!  Or hand wash and hang dry.  Gorgette is soft, flowy and does not wrinkle.  You can throw it in the corner of your suitcase when you travel and it will be great she you get there.

Crepe same as above.  Except that it wrinkles more.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

I was kind of drooling over that one the blond haired model was wearing on the beach.  I don't know how luxurious I'd need the fabric of a mumu to be, but add the hood?  Sold.    Buying woolite and ironing loses some sexy.

• Love 2

GG's health issues come to the fore during a camping trip that transforms into an intervention.  At the campground, Mike deals with his marriage matters but refuses to confide in anyone, and a ropes course unites the group, until GG dramas unfold.

21 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I was kind of drooling over that one the blond haired model was wearing on the beach.  I don't know how luxurious I'd need the fabric of a mumu to be, but add the hood?  Sold.    Buying woolite and ironing loses some sexy.

They were cute, but Lord knows I don't need no extra fabric added to all THIS.

• Love 1
On 2016-05-02 at 4:37 AM, charmed1 said:

GG was at MJ's bingo game. The editors cut her out of most of the shots, but they forgot one. I guess they have to sell the story that GG and MJ didn't talk until the camping trip.

I saw that too, just shows how scripted this tv show is. They are friends all of them but have to create fake drama to create fake story lines

• Love 2

Speaking of production mistakes, did you notice the full shot of the camera man on the bus just as they were pulling away from the curb in LA. He was shooting the guys sitting at the table in the back.

4 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Speaking of production mistakes, did you notice the full shot of the camera man on the bus just as they were pulling away from the curb in LA. He was shooting the guys sitting at the table in the back.

I spotted him several times. I guess the RV was too small to not catch him in a few shots.

On April 24, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Bossa Nova said:

I so agree ! When they showed Asa's father and brother fumbling with crudely folding that caftan in tissue paper, then stuffing it into a Federal Express thin letter pak, I cringed. At the very least, Asa should ship in padded envelopes.It's admirable that Asa wants to take care of her family and how she explained that her father now in his retirement years, has no 401K. If he is not a citizen, he may also not get social security. But I hope she runs a tight ship, and also gets some professional to advise her.

It is the camping episode, but she put more care in packaging the green sauce for Gigi. So we know she KNOWS how to present.

• Love 1
On May 5, 2016 at 1:29 PM, SistaLadybug said:

I have a Florida vacation coming up in a couple months and I need to have at least one.  A bitch fidna be superduper fly.

I know. I saw one on her twitter that's new it's purple and grey pattern & above the knee. I thought it was really cute. I think also they look different in person where you can see the patterns more. 

It doesn't bother me how she mails them either. I've ordered directly from other places like Lacoste that ship similarly. 

• Love 2

If you had had an abortion in Mexico or were about to go to Mexico for an abortion, what difference would it make if you were drinking?  You'd already decided not to have the baby.

• Love 5

GG has always been crazy, violent, and a drunk. So I don't get it's suddenly an issue after all these years. 

Oh Lord - Vida is going to be on WWHL tonight with her daughter MJ. I always think Vida, Kandi's on RH of ATL mom Joyce , & Sister Patterson, Tiffany Pollard's mother are the record holders of vicious reality tv mamas. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

If you had had an abortion in Mexico or were about to go to Mexico for an abortion, what difference would it make if you were drinking?  You'd already decided not to have the baby.

Prank King!!!!!

They're Iranian.  Iran is the country next to Iraq.  Many Iranians refer to themselves as Persians just because...our parents say it, there's negativity attached to "Iran", we just like it...sometimes all 3.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

They were from Iran.  When the fall came they fled.  I know some of the fathers were in government or military.  They call themselves Persian, and that is a correct term, for the life in Iran prior to the fall.  Art, literature, education were all in bloom and now it is all gone.  The following book is a good introduction on the topic.

https://www.amazon.com/Reading-Lolita-Tehran-Memoir-Books-ebook/dp/B000FC0XY6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_351_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51vrv0hceML&dpSrc=sims&preST=_OU01_AC_UL160_SR104%2C160_&refRID=Q4E1Q20PZPGN864NNMPT

• Love 5

OK thanks for clarifying.  

To me it seems like referring to themselves as Persian instead of Iraninan makes them think they are above and more entitled.

I think the only ones in this group who genuinely cares about GG are Sherv and Asa.  MJ, Reza, Mike are way too self centered and have way too many issues of their own - the kind of so called "friends" GG should break way from.

• Love 5

I mean...GG is terrible though.  I'm sort of lost as to why any of them give 2 blue fucks about her.  I mean, I guess it's sweet that they're living on the memory of who she was 5 years ago.

• Love 2

Sadly my camping menu would look their's: cheetos, graham crackers, stella......

I kept on looking for the entenmann's chocolate chip cookies, that's a non-negotiable!

• Love 1

Who thought GG would be accepting of an intervention?  She's always an angry bird.

I'd like to take GG through a tour of a children's ward of a hospital, then say do you really have it that bad?  There are plenty of people who have it much worse than you.  She also needs to find a support group for RA.  Plenty of people, including young children, find a way to live with RA, instead of her drunken pity party.

Reza, you a Douche King, not a Prank King.

Most of the group drinks as much as GG if not more.   Like someone said, Asa and Sherv seem to give a damn; the rest are either over GG or couldn't give a damn, they are there because the show dictates it.

Watched WWHL - Vida should never have had a child.  I've rarely seen such an uncaring woman.  Wait until she's older and really needs MJ's help and compassion; might be a little too late at that point. 

• Love 7