Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E08: The Jocks vs. The Pretty People

• Start Topic

(edited)

Once again, my mother comes up with the quote of the night in the opening minutes of the episode, in reference to Jason's hairstyle: "He looks like Shrek with his hair like that."

Edited to add: I miss the old opening, when they identified all the castaways.  I'm still not entirely sure of everyone's names, and we're already past the merge.  How sad is that?

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 11
(edited)

Trying to gain sympathy for the bully bros? Hopefully that isn't a bad sign. I'd hate to see their edit suddenly go good, because that might mean one of them actually wins (couldn't be...I refuse to believe it).

I really hope the cast for next season is better. This group is so forgettable.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 10

Just before the commercial break I saw Cupcake and wondered why he had a tattoo of Joe's face on his stomach. Then he realized Joe was sitting right in front of him.

• Love 10

Trying to gain sympathy for the bully bros? Hopefully that isn't a bad sign. I'd hate to see their edit suddenly go good, because that might mean one of them actually wins (couldn't be...I refuse to believe it).

I really hope the cast for next season is better. This group is so forgettable.

Agreed...except for Tai.  Who just won immunity--yay Tai!  (And ow ow ow for both him and Cydney...)

• Love 4

Agreed...except for Tai. Who just won immunity--yay Tai! (And ow ow ow for both him and Cydney...)

Yep, he is the only one I'm rooting for! I don't even care enough about this cast to find an alternative.

Nick getting blindsided is too good to be true. I hope the idol isn't used on him.

• Love 5

So I am thinking Nick is going to get blindsided? They seem to be setting that up.

I kinda wish. What a dumb ass to take Julia 20 feet away to talk and then come back to the boys and tell them what she said.

• Love 6
(edited)

That was so delicious!!! Good job ladies. I loved the expressions on Nick, Scot and Jason's faces. 

Tai, no giving out important information like that. I wonder if that was the deciding factor for Julia and Michelle but they seemed to calm at tribal. 

Why is Tai voting for Jason??

Edited by dkb
  • Love 12

I loved that Tai won IC and gave Cydney a hug and kiss afterwards. What a sweet guy! But why did he think everyone knew about the super idol? You could see Jason and Scot cringing.

I have sympathy for Jason having a child with autism but I question him saying every cent he makes goes to the hospital. I know those tattoos he has costs a lot of money.

Big mouth Nick is so arrogant and smug I literally cheered when Jeff said he was voted off. I'm glad the girls are standing up to the bullies. I know a lot of people don't like this season but I think it's getting better since the merge.

• Love 19
(edited)

Tai, Tai, Tai...if the entire tribe didn't know you had an idol before, they do now.  I missed last week's episode--rotten DVR didn't record it--so maybe they already knew.  But still...

I'm thinking that was intentional. Tai is genius! And he was the jason vote. I love that guy!

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 11

That was highly satisfying. I kind of wish it had been Jason just because I really, really can't stand him at all, but Nick deserved it and Jason can wait. I start to almost like Scot, and then he reminds me of what a douche he is by opening his stupid mouth, so yeah...he can go right after Jason.

• Love 15

My goodness these people NEVER learn.  First of all it's never good to vote someone in your alliance out.  Second, keep your big mouth shut and stop being so arrogant.  These people have way too loose lips.

The arrogance of Nick..ugh.  If I was in his alliance I'd have a hard time not voting for him too.

• Love 6
(edited)

So after last week one of the questions asked as what happened to the Beauty Gal alliance of Julia and Michele? Well the question was answered tonight as Michele said she wanted to go with the plan that got "her and Julia" the furthest in the game. I believe Julia said the same thing and kudos to her for not staying on the bottom and making a move.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 11

That was cool!  I was hoping for Jason to get the boot, but this absolutely works!

I'm glad Julia and Michelle didn't mess the vote up like I was afraid was going to happen. 

• Love 11

That was a surprisingly satisfying ending to a fairly dull episode.  Last week, I thought Nick had a good mind for the game but he ended up being just another arrogant tool.  At least he realized it at the end.   Now if Scot and Jason can be eliminated over the next couple of TC's, it might end up being a good season after all.  

Kudos to Cyd and Tai for that challenge.  And to Julia for the first challenge.

• Love 19
(edited)

WOW at this episode, and at that #Blindside.  

Scot:

OMG at Scot trying to be funny at the beginning of the show.  Mama no!

I hate Scot.

Ugh and Scott makes the fucking mistake every single person has ever made at Tribal ever.  How fucking goddamn boring and predictable and stupid.  What a Bro.  (I typed this out before I knew the vote.)
The editors really showed all of the ways he is hateable today.  And he cannot win, (IMO)

Cydney:

If Nick looks like a Greek god, then Cydney is no short of a goddess.  "Irritated Cydney" is her alternate personality, you know, like Sasha Fierce.   AND I QUOTE: "You haven't met Irritated Cydney". The Queen looked regal today with her Rattan hat.  It was Irritated Cydney who was on that pole today, battling against Tai.  It was Irritated Cydney who created the Nick vote and got him booted.   Cydney's constant "Psssssh" face in that pole challenge.  I had a boyfriend who gave me that look so many times.

THE BEAUTY TRIBE:

I am finally seeing why The Beauty Tribe is beautiful.  It's actually starting to coalesce for me.  Nick's head is so small sometimes.  Also, Nick's gigantic smile reminds me of a celebrity, but who?  Michele ALSO reminds me of a celebrity, like a Tobey Maguire or something.  Her feminine looks and her masculine energy are turning me on.

Tai:  Tai HUGGED JEFF BEFORE receiving the Immunity Necklace!  LOOOOOOOOOL!  He loves Jeff SO MUCH you guys!  And Cydney said she was Just Peachy..... LOLL.... Shoutout!

Tribal:

- LOL, I was trying to think *SO* hard who was that first jury member and forgot that Neal Nothingburger (™ fishcakes) existed

- If Debbie makes it to the end, does the Jury find her so irritating that they don't vote for her?  (But we haven't seen a bitter jury in a very long time, right?)

- Cochran's Dream Girl - Oh.  Man.  I will BEGRUDGINGLY ADMIT that Aubry was 100x more likeable, and even attractive tonight.

- Debbie voted against her Dream Man Nick!  (Also -- what was her quote? Thank you)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14

Such a satisfying ending. Nick's not as obnoxious as Jason and Scott, but he was still very arrogant and I'm glad to see him gone.

People need to learn to never say they think tribal will go as expected. It will only get aired if you're wrong and you'll look like an idiot.

• Love 12

I don't even know what the fuck just happened.

And I'm not even talking about Nick getting voted out because the show telegraphed that from the jump.

I'm talking about Tai's verbal diarrhea. Where did that even come from? Why on earth would he say ALL of that?

• Love 9

Now that was a great blindside. I loved seeing his confidence drop vote by vote by vote.

And how did Joe get drawn in? Was that just a lucky vote, or did the ladies pull him in somehow?

Aubrey and Debbie probably pulled him in. He knows he's on the bottom with the other brains, so I'm sure he was easy to convince.

• Love 6

I always enjoy a blindside even if I like the person who gets voted out. Cydney really came alive tonight gotta give her props!  See ya Nick!  It does kinda suck that Neal was voted out right before the ice cream reward though lol

• Love 16
(edited)

Goodbye Nick. I guess your robotic brain didn't see that coming. Computer was unable to look into the future and signal you that you were being voted out. Oh well guess we'll see what it tells you to do when it comes time to vote for a winner and what emotion to display. 

Please I really hope nobody falls for the sympathy act. A lot of people have families that have medical issues that they're paying for and up to debt in medical bills. So whatever, I'm over the sympathy stories. If any of them make it to finals and try to relay that story on why they should win, I would vote against them.

Is Tai for real? Talking about the super idol. That was one of the dumbest things that he could have ever said. Was his vote for Kyle a throw away vote?

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 10

Now that was a great blindside. I loved seeing his confidence drop vote by vote by vote.

And how did Joe get drawn in? Was that just a lucky vote, or did the ladies pull him in somehow?

I was wondering about that too. There must have been a convo we weren't shown.

Good episode IMO. Would have been better if it were Kyle Jason, such a jackass. But still glad it weakened the men, and blindsided them. So glad Syndy(sp?) made a move.

Oh and, I had, to go get some ice cream for my family thanks to the show.

• Love 3
Is Tai for real? Talking about the super idol. That was one of the dumbest things that he could have ever said. Was his vote for Kyle a throw away vote?

I suspect Tai is very much for real, and it wasn't necessarily dumb.

Tai tells EVERYBODY at tribal council "he was told" about the super idol.

So - who will EVERYBODY ELSE think told Tai?

Only about two options, really.

And I doubt it's coincidence one of those two names is the name Tai wrote down tonight.

Of course, I could be wrong. 

In which case Tai is an idiot.

• Love 16

Tonight for your viewing pleasure...The Fall of a Tool.

That was good...I have disliked Nick since the word go and will not miss him at all. Debby was insulting the Greek Gods a few episodes ago when she compared him to them.

Props to Cydney for launching this revolt but I fear for her longevity in the game now...Scott and Jason are going to be pissed at her and she drew WAY too much attention to herself as a challenge threat...I would be floored if she made it all the way to a final three.

Aubry was too hard on herself taking the blame for the loss of the reward challenge. Noone was really that good in it.

Tai torpedoing the secret of the super powered idol was one of the things that still makes SURVIVOR watchable after all these years.

• Love 20

Before I begin . . . no, I'm not "feeling" The Brotherhood Of The Ugly Tattoos. Fuck them both. Just because Scot has an ailing mother and Jason has an autistic daughter doesn't mean I have to let up on his hatred of those two assholes. We're three weeks into the game, and I'm supposed to be rooting for them? Man, fuck that.

While I enjoyed Nick's downfall, I never truly hated him. I do enjoy Blindside Season, though. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Awesome that the Brains still have a fighting chance. Granted, the winner will be somebody I don't really know . . . but as long as it isn't Scot or Jason, I'll be a happy camper.

I'm ready to give Tai immunity for the next few episodes on his showing at IC. Cydney didn't look like she was going to break. Meanwhile, Tai's struggling and invoking his own experiences and Buddha, and he pulls through. Great effort. Now if only he didn't blab openly about Super Idol . . .

In the lopsided RC, did Probst say that one of the woman "takes a dump"? Or did I imagine that?

• Love 21
(edited)

Also Tai enough with the bodily contact. The way he just layed on Cydney after the IC and kissing her on the cheek. Seriously I know you're a lover but quite frankly it's enough. It's getting uncomfortable to watch. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 10

Before I begin . . . no, I'm not "feeling" The Brotherhood Of The Ugly Tattoos. Fuck them both. Just because Scot has an ailing mother and Jason has an autistic daughter doesn't mean I have to let up on his hatred of those two assholes. We're three weeks into the game, and I'm supposed to be rooting for them? Man, fuck that.

While I enjoyed Nick's downfall, I never truly hated him. I do enjoy Blindside Season, though. It truly is the most wonderful time of the year. Awesome that the Brains still have a fighting chance. Granted, the winner will be somebody I don't really know . . . but as long as it isn't Scot or Jason, I'll be a happy camper.

I'm ready to give Tai immunity for the next few episodes on his showing at IC. Cydney didn't look like she was going to break. Meanwhile, Tai's struggling and invoking his own experiences and Buddha, and he pulls through. Great effort. Now if only he didn't blab openly about Super Idol . . .

In the lopsided RC, did Probst say that one of the woman "takes a dump"? Or did I imagine that?

Oh yes - "Aubry takes a dump!" Nice, Probst.

• Love 8

Yes! Love a good blindside! Especially of someone who thinks they're on top! Bye-bye, Adonis! Debbie needs some new eye candy.

Julia reminds me of Jana Duggar or Candace Cameron bure.

Oh tai. Why did you blab about the superidol?

Cydney FTW.

• Love 3