OUTSTANDING COSTUME DESIGN/STYLING

The Drew Barrymore Show (SYNDICATED)

General Hospital (ABC)

Nick Cannon (SYNDICATED)

The Young and the Restless (CBS)

I want a recount. 

• LOL 9
On 5/5/2022 at 10:19 AM, absnow54 said:

Yeah, this is a PR nightmare. Does Burton have an agent? They should have made a statement months ago about their split to soften the blow of the timing of the baby, unless the question of paternity didn't come out until recently.

I'm not sure if it's a PR nightmare because because this was one of the stories on TMZ. His name is out in the public again and the TMZ story seemed favorable to him. (As much as this can have a favorable impression)

(edited)
On 5/4/2022 at 10:38 PM, Artsda said:

Wasn't he all religious like the Reeves? 

Speaking of a soap couple with their OWN share of dirty laundry (and the lawsuit to back it up)...

If it weren't for the way this is going to hurt his kids, I would probably enjoy seeing this anti-vaxxer getting some karma in his direction FAR more. I mean, if he and his soon-to-be-ex-wife are as religious as has been said before, there's still some hypocrisy to enjoy here, but there's still so much ickiness surrounding it that's it's harder to do.

But man, this is basically his GH past coming to find him in real life. You can the take the man out of the soap opera, but...

ETA: Apparently, there were pictures of them together at the holidays/celebrating their anniversary in January, so the timeline is a bit wonky here. I DO find it interesting that the pregnancy was announced before any separation was, though. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/oltl-alum-josh-kelly-joins-gh/?fbclid=IwAR1ZanMqT_dzGU-UXUDkRL0LPzQAmb23QXj0cbw4kP5K4yH1YAIMT6KOIF0

Interesting. I wonder if he's a new Jason? Although it doesn't say he'll be working with MB or LW so I guess not. Maybe a new cop?

oh good grief! Is that someone else who picked the phone and called FV for a job?

This cast is so bloated, the button has flown across the room and the zipper is about to give out. Enough, already.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Expect his character to cross storyline paths with Kelly Monaco’s Sam, Kelly Thiebaud’s Britt and Dominic Zamprogna’s Dante.

Maybe he is the new Jason. Today's show brought up Jason being declared declared dead again.

• Useful 1

I always thought Josh Kelly should have replaced Billy Miller. They looked similar enough and Josh Kelly can act. He also looked good sans shirt, too. That’s very important. LOL!!! He could be a Jason replacement…..I guess. Although, I do think it’s funny that he keeps his OLTL actors employed. It doesn’t bother me too much since most of them could act but I’m not sure he’s needed or not.

https://daytimeconfidential.com/2022/05/11/one-life-to-lives-josh-kelly-heads-to-general-hospital

• Love 1

I really hope Josh Kelly isn’t Jason. He played the dull, serious love interest on Unreal, and was awful. He needs to be a charming scoundrel like Cutter, that’s the only role I thought he was good in. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I really hope Josh Kelly isn’t Jason. He played the dull, serious love interest on Unreal, and was awful. He needs to be a charming scoundrel like Cutter, that’s the only role I thought he was good in. 

Yeah, he played a funny scoundrel and blackmailer type of guy. At least, we don’t have to wait to long to find out. He’s 40 years old. CM is 52, LW is 51, KM is 45 and KB is only 39. Now, Steve Burton is 51 so I guess in theory he could be playing nuJason but just younger. I guess he’s seen a black tee in his first few seconds on screen we'll know. LOL!!!!!

• LOL 2

This show already is a nation unto itself. It doesn't need ANYMORE actors, be it from OLTL or from outer space. There are already too many characters being ignored because the cast is just too damned big.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

This show already is a nation unto itself. It doesn't need ANYMORE actors, be it from OLTL or from outer space. There are already too many characters being ignored because the cast is just too damned big.

Which I never understood because they only focus on like 3-4 and the rest get scraps. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I feel like I remember Josh Kelly and Kelly Thiebaud being in a Lifetime movie together...

Anyway, agreeing with the above, I really grew to enjoy Josh Kelly as a con man charmer who even sold the idea that Cutter was infuated with Gigi at the end of OLTL so Jason would not be a good fit.  Just make him a rascally paramedic who beds Britt from ambulance bay to hospital roof!

And yes, get him in scenes with Amanda Setton immediately, they were so fun together as siblings on OLTL.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I never watched OLTL, but I remember him from UNreal. Good looking guy, not a bad actor, still too many characters on the show.

I counted 34 contact players compared to 26 for YR. Days has 35.

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Amanda Setton should be happy: She and Josh Kelly played siblings on OLTL.

Hated the both of them on One Life to Live and now they’re both on here, taking up space, playing unnecessary and unlikable characters.  Watch they throw the two of them in a scene as soon as they can.

They don’t need anymore damn people on this damn show.  Especially when you already have a ton of people that you don’t use.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, ouinason said:

Dillon?

Oh, sweetie, this show doesn't care about Quartermaines unless they identify as Corinthos. I would love to see him play Dillon because the last guy to play him was a dumb block of wood so it'd be nice to see a guy with some charm and charisma playing him again, but I can't see  this show bringing Dillon back.

This does feel bizarre.  Maybe he's replacing Amy's brother or perhaps they decided that the new 25-year old mob dude they just added that I'm not going to bother looking up the name of is too young and pretty next to Sonny?

As for Steve Burton's mess of a life right now, I can't even really dog on him. He's not responsible for a child that his wife had outside of their marriage. Could he have used more tact? Sure, but IMO he has every right to state that he's not the father. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I feel like I remember Josh Kelly and Kelly Thiebaud being in a Lifetime movie together...

Anyway, agreeing with the above, I really grew to enjoy Josh Kelly as a con man charmer who even sold the idea that Cutter was infuated with Gigi at the end of OLTL so Jason would not be a good fit.  Just make him a rascally paramedic who beds Britt from ambulance bay to hospital roof!

And yes, get him in scenes with Amanda Setton immediately, they were so fun together as siblings on OLTL.

Maybe he will be Britt’s Catman from the dating app.  (Not to be confused with Hatman or Batman dang my Autocorrect is hating me now)

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

This does feel bizarre.  Maybe he's replacing Amy's brother or perhaps they decided that the new 25-year old mob dude they just added that I'm not going to bother looking up the name of is too young and pretty next to Sonny?

And this new guy isn't? if he's a NuJason, then he looks like a Jason who showers at least. Yes, SBu's Jason looked like he needed to be dunked into a vat of acid. He always looked dirty to me.

• Love 1
(edited)

It’s weird they keep adding characters when budgets on daytime have been cut so severely in recent years. Wouldn’t it be more practical to use the salary money to hire better writers?  Even better hair and makeup would be a good investment. This show has enough actors and most of them are very good. They just need good writing and some better styling to not look a total mess half the time. 

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 6

Meh, this cast is so bloated and I haven’t enjoyed any of the ex OLTLers so I’m not holding out much hope for this one. Dante had an SOD preview about something from his past so this is probably an original character who has ties with him and they’ll use that story to usher him in before pairing him with Britt. Well at least she’s getting an age appropriate love interest? I was resigning myself to her getting paired with a much older guy again since Dante and Nik were pretty much the only guys in this giant cast within 5 years of her 

4 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Dante had an SOD preview about something from his past so this is probably an original character who has ties with him and they’ll use that story to usher him in before pairing him with Britt.

Maybe it's someone from his WSB stint?

I also thought that this character might have something to do with whatever secret from her days on the run with Faison Britt is keeping.

• Useful 2

I read about this casting on Deadline, which stated his character will “greatly impact” the lives of Sam, Dante and Britt. To me, that sounds like a pretty clear Jason recast. Plus, he kind of looks like SB. I kind of hope I’m wrong, because I think the show was doing just fine without Jason. Although, better this than a SB return? 

Poor new Jason-lite. He’s gonna get swatted aside like Sonny’s second-tier barware.

11 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I read about this casting on Deadline, which stated his character will “greatly impact” the lives of Sam, Dante and Britt. To me, that sounds like a pretty clear Jason recast.

How, though? Sam and Jason weren't a thing anymore for months before he "died." Dante has nothing to do with Jason. The only one of the three mentioned would be Britt because she is still mooning over him. 

The people a Jason recast would have an impact on would be Britt, Carly, Sonny and Michael.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Hated the both of them on One Life to Live and now they’re both on here, taking up space, playing unnecessary and unlikable characters.  Watch they throw the two of them in a scene as soon as they can.

They don’t need anymore damn people on this damn show.  Especially when you already have a ton of people that you don’t use.

At least Amanda plays a character that's part of a core family in the Quartermaines but yeah I agree there are too many unnecessary characters on this show as is.

Recasting Jason again would be pointless. It'll just end in the same nonsense when the show struggles to deal with Burton someday. So no, I don't think it's him. I think Kelly would make a fine Lucky or Dillon (my preference), but I'm willing to bet he's most likely some rando from a made-up past wasting more space on this show.

I am surprised JK is this hard up to come back to the soaps already. He was up and coming not that long ago, despite the many BTS stories from the set of Unreal about how he was basically forced upon the showrunners and they took it out on the poor guy onscreen.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

At least Amanda plays a character that's part of a core family in the Quartermaines but yeah I agree there are too many unnecessary characters on this show as is.

Yeah, but her Brook Lynn is a horrible person.  Don’t understand what Chase sees in her.  Plus, I just don’t like the actress.  Like I said, hated her on One Life to Live.  It continues with this show.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

despite the many BTS stories from the set of Unreal about how he was basically forced upon the showrunners and they took it out on the poor guy onscreen.

Do tell.  What happened behind the scenes?  (I stopped watching after the first season).

7 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Plus, he kind of looks like SB.

You take that back!

4 hours ago, jsbt said:

I am surprised JK is this hard up to come back to the soaps already. He was up and coming not that long ago, despite the many BTS stories from the set of Unreal about how he was basically forced upon the showrunners and they took it out on the poor guy onscreen.

I'm with @KittenPokerCheater, I want more details lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Maybe he's Dante's ex who is also Brit's Catman...

I admit, this is unlikely though, lol.

I'd go for Lucky though, if they want to, though I don't see how that affects Sam at all.  Dante was his partner and besty as well as brother in law, he might could date Britt...  IDK.

45 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I'd go for Lucky though, if they want to, though I don't see how that affects Sam at all.  Dante was his partner and besty as well as brother in law, he might could date Britt...  IDK.

Maybe he'd have an issue with Sam being Rocco's stepmother and everyone forgetting Lulu? 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I doubt he's Lucky though, because that would be giving us nice things.  

2 hours ago, ouinason said:

Maybe he's Dante's ex who is also Brit's Catman...

I admit, this is unlikely though, lol.

Lucky/Sam had an affair/fling when GV was in the role. However I could see Lucky being bothered with Dante moving on while his sister is in a coma. 

6 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Yeah, but her Brook Lynn is a horrible person.  Don’t understand what Chase sees in her.  Plus, I just don’t like the actress.  Like I said, hated her on One Life to Live.  It continues with this show.

I agree Brook Lyn is terrible but I also think she's a needed character on this show in that she stirs things up. I also don't care about her and Chase as an item I like Chase but he's too simple for her. He's better suited for a Maxie type. Although I did like him and Willow together before the show ruined that pairing.

• Love 1

I am not gonna dig all the unREAL stuff up, but there was a ton of BTS turmoil on that show heavily reported in the press and the addition and/or use of Josh Kelly was a big part of it. I'll let dubbel zout or someone else who actually watched that show get into it.

• Love 2