Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: East

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Here is your episode discussion thread for S06.E15: East. This thread will open Sunday March 27th, at 10:00 pm.

Before that, you can speculate/chat about the episode here --> S06.E15: East - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat.

Remember:

------------> Post NO Spoilers (Comics, Talking Dead or Otherwise).

Take it to the Comics thread or the Talking Dead thread.

----------> Have Respect for each others' opinions, Always Be Civil and Enjoy Yourselves! <----------

Damn, it is a trap for Daryl. The bastard shot Daryl.

This was an okay episode. The best bits were Richonne and Glenn and Maggie at the beginning.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

I hope Carol shot Dwight. That's all.

If only we could be that fortunate.

The moral to this episode is if you run off like a damn fool in the zombie apocalypse, nobody should go hunting for you.

Edited by mustbekarma
  • Love 22

Well, we know Daryl isn't dead.

Michonne and Glenn better not die.

Morgan, if I want to listen to a self-righteous twit lecture about morality, I'd call Marge Simpson. You do not get credit for the Wolf saving Denise. If it had gone differently, that Wolf would have raped and murdered Denise.

Negan next week!!!

• Love 15

The stupid with this group just burns sometimes. How are the bad guys ninja-ing up on CDB all the time? They're in the woods. Is their hearing shot? 

Well, more than once groaning walkers have snuck right up on them

• Love 2

SHIT! SHIT SHIT SHIT! It just got real! After bumbling around like a bunch of morons for a whole episode, stuff just goes crazy in the last minute. 

Looks like Carol and Morgan might be leaving voluntarily, but I am not alright with Daryl/Glenn/Michonne/Rosita getting seriously hurt. Or killed. 

• Love 2

DARYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, God!  Not on Easter!

• Love 6

I guess my main reaction is supposed to be, "If Daryl dies we riot," but given that he caused the situation and he will likely never be killed off, all I could think was, "Has his tedious emo manpain gotten yet another female character killed?"

If Rosita is killed because of his stupidity I'm going to have to peace out of this show for a while.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 19

I sincerely do not want to watch the season finale. I have a feeling that someone's death will be as horrible as Herschel's. I just don't want to see that. I might have to take an extra dose of my blood pressure medication.

OK, I won't do that, but I will make sure I don't forget to take it.

This episode was nothing but foreshadowing for someone biting it in the season finale.

• Love 13

Why don't these people just stay safe behind the walls of Alexandria? If Carol wants to leave, just let her. Notice how Rick didn't try that hard to stop Morgan from leaving.

I hope Daryl is ok. I hope Dwight gets killed next week. I have a bad feeling Maggie lost her baby. What happened to the guy in the truck who looked like he walked into the field after Rick and Morgan?

Season finale looks depressing.

• Love 8

Ugh...everybody leaving in different groups to look for someone else. Then they stumble around the woods until Dwight catches up with them. Meanwhile, Morgan is on his peace walk searching for Carol.

Why?!

• Love 5

I swear, does Neegan pick his lackies based on how long they can evilly monologue? God would they all just shut up! They must be so freaking annoying together in a group. 

Rosita rocks a hat like nobodies business. 

• Love 11

Welcome to the episode where nothing happens except in the last 5 seconds. 

Okay, not entirely true. But I just get sick of these episodes right before the finale, because it feels like stalling/set up, and it's just maddening. It's like, "We know our group is under threat, so we're all going to run around, half cocked, in different directions and leave our home base vulnerable". So much stupidity. So many dumb conversations. 

Like Morgan. WTF. I feel like all his rambling (shut up already!) only served to prove everyone else's point. Does he really think that saving the Wolf saved Carl? Um no. If you had killed those two in the woods, they might never have ended up at ASZ. If you had killed the Wolf initially, he never would have taken Denise hostage, only to turn around and "save her", leaving her her to be able to save Carl. Your logic is flawed, Morgan! 

Also, Carol righteously takes down that group all by herself, but then doesn't make sure they're all dead? Okay, sure.  Not to mention she clearly is fine killing others to defend herself. She's not willing to just give up and die. So why couldn't she do it IN the group? I don't have any problem buying that she's going through some kind of crisis. But this just doesn't feel authentic or consistent.

The only parts I truly enjoyed -  confirmation that Michonne DID take that protein bar, and my man Johnny Cash boosting the soundtrack to excellence. 

Predictions - Maggie loses the baby, and Daryl isn't really dead. Yawn. Pretty over the cliff hangers and fake deaths.

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 22

I swear, does Neegan pick his lackies based on how long they can evilly monologue? God would they all just shut up! They must be so freaking annoying together in a group.

They all speak exactly the same way. They're like the Dickhead Borg. Do they hold instructional seminars on the finer points of assholish monologuing?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 21

If only we could be that fortunate.

The moral to this episode is if you run off like a damn fool in the zombie apocalypse, nobody should go hunting for you.

Exactly!. Why were  Carol & Darryl leaving Alexandria without telling Rick. That just forces everyone else to go chasing after them & even more people get hurt. This is frustrating.

• Love 8

Screw you Morgan- You put Denise in danger when you had her go to the basement to take care of your infected wolf. Otherwise she would have been in the infirmary, which was a safe place, when the walkers broke in.

• Love 13

Why don't these people just stay safe behind the walls of Alexandria? If Carol wants to leave, just let her. Notice how Rick didn't try that hard to stop Morgan from leaving.

I hope Daryl is ok. I hope Dwight gets killed next week. I have a bad feeling Maggie lost her baby. What happened to the guy in the truck who looked like he walked into the field after Rick and Morgan?

Season finale looks depressing.

Only Morgan and Rick went looking for Carol. Daryl was after Dwight, and the others after Daryl.

• Love 4

I have so many thoughts about this episode.

Rick and Michonne are hot as hell together. They have chemistry to burn. I felt for Rick at the end asking if she had returned and then stood there worried next to Abraham. I don't think that he had much choice letting Michonne in, she was already there. He only just realized it.

Glenn and Maggie was steamy in the shower I should have known that the bruises were foreshadowing a problem with the baby. I hope Maggie does not lose her baby. No doubt they will encounter trouble getting her to the Hilltop doctor next week.

Everyone rushing out and splitting up was such a plot device that I cannot get too worked up about it so I am letting it go and not kicking them for their stupidity. I hope that Dwight suffers a horrible death.

I like Morgan, but I feel like Gimple has him spouting mostly crap that makes no sense to create conflict. And boy, does Morgan pick the worse times to push his peace and love agenda.The rubbish about Rick think Carol did the right thing at the prison is a bad rewrite to make it seem like Rick is over the edge which he is not. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 9

I sincerely do not want to watch the season finale. I have a feeling that someone's death will be as horrible as Herschel's. I just don't want to see that. I might have to take an extra dose of my blood pressure medication.

OK, I won't do that, but I will make sure I don't forget to take it.

This episode was nothing but foreshadowing for someone biting it in the season finale.

I SOBBED over Hershel's death. I mean, that seriously messed me up. I'm anticipating, but not looking forward to, something similar for the season finale. Edited by TexasChic
  • Love 15

I looove Lennie James really really hard, but at this point any time Morgan speaks I just hear Charlie Brown's teacher trombone noises. Wah wah wah wah life wah wah wah precious wah wah. Write him some better material, please.

If Daryl dies I'll...be pretty ok with it, actually. I'm saving my riots for Michonne and Glenn (and Rick, long shot as it is). Not that I want him to be dead. I just don't particularly need him to be alive.

Since everything else was either stupid or boring, I'll just say that that Richonne scene was a masterclass in chemistry. Man, they do intimate really really well, I felt a bit voyeuristic.

And Morgan, dude, guess what? Denise wouldn't have been in danger to begin with if you hadn't tied up a dude in the basement. Life lessons all around; don't tie up dudes in the basement, or they might kidnap your only doctor. But if you happen to have a dude tied up in the basement, don't kill him, he might save that doctor after he kidnapped her.

• Love 16

I SOBBED over Hershel's death. I mean, that seriously messed me up. I'm anticipating, but not looking forward to, something similar for the season five.

I am right there with you. I was a total mess after Hershel got killed, and I feel like this time next week, I am going to be knocking back beers, and crying into my Twitter account. 

• Love 11

The speechifying reminds me of one of those spoof movies where someone rightly points out that if everyone would just shut the hell up and get to the killing they wouldn't keep getting blindsided all the time.

• Love 15

Daryl leaves, and Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita go after him.

Carol leaves, Morgan decides to go after her.  Rick, "No one else leaves."  Except me.

They are worried about being attacked, and several of the major fighters go AWOL.  Then they leave their cars, wonder around the woods and fields having idiotic conversations, and split up making themselves even more vulnerable to the guys they are worried about attacking them.  {face palm}

Since when are Daryl and Michonne so unaware, and so easily ambushed.  {another face palm}

Agreed. The Saviors are smarter because they travel in groups. However, they like to give too many speeches so they get shot. I am shocked that carol shot 4 of them with a hidden machine gun in her right hand.

If I was Rik I would let Morgan go. He's a trouble maker & nearly hurt Rick in the fight with the Walkers.

• Love 4
The rubbish about Rick think Carol did the right thing at the prison is a bad rewrite to make it seem like Rick is over the edge which he is not.

Edited by SimoneS, 2 minutes ago.

Oh my gosh, THANK YOU. That was so ridiculous. No matter how things have changed since then, I don't see Rick suddenly thinking it was okay to kill sick members of their group. Glenn was sick and he got past it. He didn't die. What if Carol had killed him? And I don't even think Carol thinks she did the right thing. That's kind of the point of what she's going through now - taking stock of all her kills and who she is becoming because of them.

• Love 11