Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

Jeebus Cripes:  This could put you over the top-From a few years ago, here's Hardy rapping while holding his then-baby son Louis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdYlaD6e84w

Adorable man!

Have we discussed Disney cartoon crushes on this thread?

Because I've always had a thing for Aladdin. And a special mention goes to Flynn Rider/Eugene Fitzherbert in Tangled.

John Smith was super hot. Mel Gibson has a sexy voice in spite of being a massive asshole.

• Love 1

Have we discussed Disney cartoon crushes on this thread?

Because I've always had a thing for Aladdin. And a special mention goes to Flynn Rider/Eugene Fitzherbert in Tangled.

I love Zachary Levi (Flynn/Eugene)! Wish he'd done more after Chuck.

Tom Hardy does nothing for me looks-wise, but he does seem to have a nice personality. I've only seen him in Locke, and I thought he was great in that.

Hardy's also great in Inception, Warrior, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, The Drop and Mad Max: Fury Road, among other things.

Hardy's also great in Inception, Warrior, Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, The Drop and Mad Max: Fury Road, among other things.

I'm a fan - loved him in Warrior, which also features a very fine looking Joel Edgerton.  Lawless is another good one, pretty violent though (and yes, he does mumble a bit, heh).   

My absolute favorite thing about Tom Hardy is how much he loves animals. He wrote this in 2005 about a kitten he took care of when he was filming in Romania. An excerpt:

oh wow *swoon* of course I have to understand his words via context LOL.  But still...*swoon*. The man saved a kitten!!

Edited by raven

Michael Fassbender is on the September 13th cover of T, the New York Times fashion magazine. As if Fassy's being photographed by Bruce Weber, one of the world's greatest photographers, isn't awesome enough, the cover is Michael in a tank top in a bathtub, holding a book.

Here's a link to the article, which includes a video of the shoot, including a video of him not only in said bathtub, that scene even has him discussing some of his influences, including Marlon Brando:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/10/t-magazine/michael-fassbender-nobodys-fool.html?_r=2

Imagine Michael Fassbender playing Stanley Kowalski in a reboot of A Streetcar Named Desire. Just the thought of him in that role could cause massive ovary explosions worldwide.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

Did anyone catch the Age of Adeline? This newcomer Anthony Ingruber did a fantastic Young Harrison Ford in the movie, and looked cute as hell while doing it. I really thought he lit up the screen with the little bit of airtime he had. I hope it's the start of a great career for him!

Did anyone catch the Age of Adeline? This newcomer Anthony Ingruber did a fantastic Young Harrison Ford in the movie, and looked cute as hell while doing it. I really thought he lit up the screen with the little bit of airtime he had. I hope it's the start of a great career for him!

He has a YouTube channel where he does impressions of actors, including Harrison Ford.

https://www.youtube.com/user/anthonyingruber

He has a YouTube channel where he does impressions of actors, including Harrison Ford.

https://www.youtube.com/user/anthonyingruber

Yep, I found it after googling him. Seriously, did you see the photo of him with Harrison Ford? He is one adorable as hell fan boy.

That was one of the few times where I watched a movie with young/older versions of the same character, and I totally believed they were the same person just at different times in their life.

Okay, I have to admit that I've been giving people the big side-eye after confessing their crushes on Tom Hiddleston as Loki. While I admire the acting, I do not see anything remotely sexy about that role or him, by extension, in it.

But now that Crimson Peak trailers are airing everywhere: DEAR LORD! Mea culpa; I completely get it now!!

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 7

Okay, I have to admit that I've been giving people the big side-eye after confessing their crushes on Tom Hiddleston as Loki. While I admire the acting, I do not see anything remotely sexy about that role or him, by extension, in it.

But now that Crimson Peak trailers are airing everywhere: DEAR LORD! Mea culpa; I completely get it now!!

Welcome to the dark side, Miss Dee. It's not that dark because Hiddles' smile is blinding.

• Love 7

I'm very ashamed of it, but Ralph Fiennes's most handsome period (barring that gut he had in the movie) came while he did Schindler's List. I mean there's still The English Patient, but 1993 Ralph Fiennes in black and white was very handsome. It didn't change how much his character disgusted me, but Ralph Fiennes was so nice to look at. 

• Love 2

Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal were the hottest they have ever been in Brokeback Mountain.

I have to disagree with that- Heath was at his hottest in A Knight's Tale. Jake, I prefer his Love and Other Drugs look.

Now, for some classic Hollywood...my fave starlet girl crush, Natalie Wood...definitely at her absolute most beautiful circa Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice.

As for Paul Newman...he was hot for any age, but I really liked his look in Long Hot Summer.

• Love 2

I'm very ashamed of it, but Ralph Fiennes's most handsome period (barring that gut he had in the movie) came while he did Schindler's List. I mean there's still The English Patient, but 1993 Ralph Fiennes in black and white was very handsome. It didn't change how much his character disgusted me, but Ralph Fiennes was so nice to look at. 

He had a run in the '90s where he was devastatingly handsome. I mean... his Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights. **fans self**

• Love 1

I have to disagree with that- Heath was at his hottest in A Knight's Tale. Jake, I prefer his Love and Other Drugs look.

Save a seat for me at that table regarding Jake. Though I thought Heath hit peak hotness in that otherwise forgettable supernatural thriller The Order.

I watched Hairspray (the musical) for the 10,000th time the other day, and was reminded at how freaking good looking James Marsden is. And he's only getting better with age. Those cheekbones, eyes, smile AND he's a good singer and funny? SWOON

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 3

Michael B. Jordan's looking good on the cover of the new issue of Men's Fitness. So do Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan & Robert Downey Jr. in the Captain America: Civil War trailer.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

The Place Beyond the Pines made me want to fuck Emory Cohen in a "let's have sex one time with the sleazy but sexy bad boy to get it out of my system" kind of way, while Brooklyn made me want to marry him. He's not really conventionally classic leading man good looks, but that kid is the MASTER of a good eye-fuck. He just oozes charisma in my opinion.

Edited by methodwriter85

Just in time for the holidays, Chris Hemsworth is on the cover of the December issue of Vanity Fair, with photos by Bruce Weber, the photographer who previously did wonders for Michael Fassbender  for The New York Times fashion magazine. Here's the link, including a "behind-the-scenes" video, featuring some very lucky co-stars:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/11/chris-hemsworth-cover-story

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

I know I mentioned him over in the TV Crushes thread, because he got his start in television. He also has had a successful career on the big screen, and I think it's criminal and unfair how much better looking he has gotten with age. I'd totally jump his bones, even today, if the chance to do so became available.

I'm speaking of Pierce Brosnan, of course.

• Love 2

Rebecca Ferguson. Not only is she flat out gorgeous (even through a motorcycle helmet visor), I loved the physicality she brought to her role in MI:Rogue Nation.

mission-impossible-rebecca-ferguson-5-14

(And the gratuitous shots of her legs while she was wearing that dress didn't hurt.)

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 2

I know I mentioned him over in the TV Crushes thread, because he got his start in television. He also has had a successful career on the big screen, and I think it's criminal and unfair how much better looking he has gotten with age. I'd totally jump his bones, even today, if the chance to do so became available.

I'm speaking of Pierce Brosnan, of course.

Just never let him sing!

• Love 4

Oscar Isaac in Star Wars: The Force Awakens

I first saw him in The Bourne Legacy, and I know I did a double take when he showed up!  Nothing against Jeremy Renner, but Isaac looked seriously hot and I wanted that guy to stick around.

Apparently, Isaac was supposed to be the lead anyway, but they wanted to go with a more recognizable name with Renner.  But he couldn't have done Inside Llewellyn Davis otherwise, so it all worked out.

Oscar Issac got me when he sung this to Kate Mara in an indie movie called 10 Year:

Her character's reaction when she realized the song was about her...aww. In any event, a good-looking guy with a nice voice and an acoustic guitar will never not be sexy as hell.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
Brosnan is also notable as a pretty much perfect dad, both to his biological children and his stepkids by Cassandra Harris.

He adopted his stepkids pretty early into the marriage.  He also loves animals (has both dogs and cats, all adopted from shelter or rescue), and I've never heard any credible rumors about him running around on either Harris or his wife whose name I can't recall.  And he's like the second coming of Cary Grant.  So, yeah -- hairy chest and bad singing voice notwithstanding, I would definitely not kick him out of bed (if this were some parallel universe in which he wasn't married ... and, you know, would have reason to meet me and want to sleep with me).

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3