Type keyword(s) to search

Movie Star Crushes

• Start Topic

Doll Eyes, I love your "Sexist Man Alive" typo and hope you wrote it that way intentionally.

I not only didn't, I didn't even know that I had done it until you pointed it out, but no harm, no foul.

Speaking of which, ITA that Chris Hemsworth deserves this year's "Sexiest Man Alive" title. He's not only hot, he's just as talented and grounded as he is gorgeous.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3
Speaking of which, ITA that Chris Hemsworth deserves this year's "Sexiest Man Alive" title. He's not only hot, he's just as talented and grounded as he is gorgeous.

Same here. My one complaint? The cover photo. Couldn't he have gotten a haircut and put on a suit? The shaggy, floppy, shoulder-length blond hair made him look like a 90s child actor. Plus, the dude can rock a suit like no one else.

Thanks for pointing that out - apparently I'm in the same group as Woody Harrelson (who just figured out that the two Hemsworths are brothers).

lol! That was funny. 

Does anyone else here not have just one or two "types"?  I mean, I'd have been just as happy if Tom Hiddleston had gotten SMA instead of Chris Hemsworth.  Hell, I think all of the Avengers actors (just as examples, since CH is who we're talking about) are incredibly good looking.  From Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner to Tom Hiddleston to Chris Hemsworth.....RDJ....Chris Evans......or maybe I'm just sex crazed ;)

Seriously, though--I think if I were into women, I'd be the same way (although, I think I'd lean more towards brunettes).

• Love 6

I'm pretty sure Chris Hemsworth needs to keep his hair longer because of Thor.

He wears a wig for Thor as does Tom Hiddleston - pretty crappy wigs at that.  I think the production spent the entire hair budget on Natalie Portman (as much as I dislike Jane Foster, her hair was gorgeous in the Thor films).

I was hoping that Chris Pratt would have been named (I think humor is very sexy) and Hemsworth (even if he isn't my cuppa) I can't really begrudge them giving it to him because he did have a strong year.

• Love 2

He wears a wig for Thor as does Tom Hiddleston - pretty crappy wigs at that.  I think the production spent the entire hair budget on Natalie Portman (as much as I dislike Jane Foster, her hair was gorgeous in the Thor films).

I saw him doing press, (maybe around the time the first Avengers was released) and his hair was long and in a ponytail. I believe it's his hair in at least one of those movies. Probably Thor: The Dark World.

Same here. My one complaint? The cover photo. Couldn't he have gotten a haircut and put on a suit? The shaggy, floppy, shoulder-length blonde hair made him look like a 90s child actor. Plus, the dude can rock a suit like no one else.

While ITA that Chris Hemsworth looks great in a suit,  I respectfully disagree about everything else. Most 90s child stars wish they looked as good as Chris Hemsworth. As long as CH has that face and body, I wouldn't care if he was naked and bald.

• Love 3

While ITA that Chris Hemsworth looks great in a suit,  I respectfully disagree about everything else. Most 90s child stars wish they looked as good as Chris Hemsworth. As long as CH has that face and body, I wouldn't care if he was naked and bald.

Amen. Of course, I was a teenager in the mid-late 80s when men had shoulder length or longer hair  :)  I would have liked to see a couple of pictures of him in a suit, rather than all of them being in jeans and some casual shirts, but hot damn--has anyone seen the full spread yet?  Oh. My. God.  They always do good work with the SMA photo shoots, but this one was just....wow. 

• Love 4

Way back in the day, when Julia Roberts supposedly ran off with Jason Patric, I remember thinking, "I understand, Julia. I do."  And he's one of the few men who has retained his handsome looks well into adulthood.  I can't think of many Hollywood actors that I've continuously found attractive over their career - either they were attractive as young men, and aged poorly, or didn't grow into their looks until their 30s or 40s.  Whatever Jason's doing is working.

• Love 5

Way back in the day, when Julia Roberts supposedly ran off with Jason Patric, I remember thinking, "I understand, Julia. I do."  And he's one of the few men who has retained his handsome looks well into adulthood.  I can't think of many Hollywood actors that I've continuously found attractive over their career - either they were attractive as young men, and aged poorly, or didn't grow into their looks until their 30s or 40s.  Whatever Jason's doing is working.

I think Robert Downey Jr. was pretty hot throughout his career except the mid/late 90's when he hit rock bottom.

I really hope Jason Patric's son inherited those eyes. I agree- he was smoking hot in The Lost Boys. He's still pretty attractive now.

It's kind of bad to say this, but Cillian Murphy during that bathroom scene. My god. I really do hope that Rachel McAdams and Cillian work together again, because that chemistry was insane.

He also makes a pretty damn gorgeous woman, but I'm not wired that way.

• Love 4

Not so much in a crushworthy way, but I find Cillian Murphy to be excellent in just about everything in which I've seen him, which I guess is hot in its own kind of way. Not that I'd jump on him, necessarily, but I find his talent very attractive. 

Rita Hayworth

I love what she does wearing that dress.

I couldn't find a clip, but her scenes wearing a bikini (back in the forties ) in The Lady from Shanghai were really scorchingly hot.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 2
I think my first crush. Like the kind it was hard to catch my breath was Corey Haim in The Lost Boys.

Who? Were there any other boys in that movie besides Jason Patric?

Gotta agree with all this Jason Patric stuff, but I will say that Kiefer never looked better than in The Lost Boys.

While Jason and Kiefer were hot in that movie, another one of my faves was Billy Wirth, who played Dwayne, the vamp with the long black hair-also smoking hot. He's done other film and TV roles, including as Drew Barrymore's drug-dealer boyfriend in Boys On the Side, but now he's currently doing more behind-the-scenes work, including directing a documentary on the homeless.

• Love 4

Some of my crushes are at their most adorable on Sesame Street, as the Tom Hiddleston/Cookie Monster clip in the first post proved, so here's more:

Hugh Jackman and Elmo discuss concentration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh9BVFQTJRV

Here's Elmo and Henry Cavill teaching the Big Bad Wolf how to "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" the Three Little Pigs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY4qNs4onYQ

Next, Elmo and Colin Farrell "investigate" the word of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEkjLahAsv4

Here's some animals "cling"-ing to Jude Law:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UydIInakY_0

Last, but not least, here's Jake Gyllenhaal and a very lucky octopus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IOYU4JUyr4

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4

Does anyone else here not have just one or two "types"?  I mean, I'd have been just as happy if Tom Hiddleston had gotten SMA instead of Chris Hemsworth.  Hell, I think all of the Avengers actors (just as examples, since CH is who we're talking about) are incredibly good looking.  From Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner to Tom Hiddleston to Chris Hemsworth.....RDJ....Chris Evans......or maybe I'm just sex crazed ;)

This.  Hiddleston is my #1 (adorable in every way), but I am more than fine with Chris Hemsworth taking the title.  The man is gorgeous.  The scene in Thor The Dark World with him bathing shirtless was added just for the eye candy.  They even said so on the commentary.

But eesh, the cover was dated.  When GQ had Hemsworth as Man of the Year in 2012, now that was a cover.  The whole spread was great, actually.  Chris was still rocking the man bun, LOL.

I can see why people were upset that Chris Pratt didn't get it since he had such a great year.  It would have made more sense to have Pratt this year and Hemsworth last year, since he was promoting TDW and Rush.

• Love 4

But eesh, the cover was dated.  When GQ had Hemsworth as Man of the Year in 2012, now that was a cover.  The whole spread was great, actually.  Chris was still rocking the man bun, LOL.

I looked them up and they were great, but I still like the People cover and spread better.  Maybe it's my age  :)  Still, it would have been nice if People had him dressed for different occasions instead of just jeans. 

When GQ had [Chris]  Hemsworth as Man Of the year in 2012, now that was a cover.

He's on the cover of the next issue, which is out next week. The Cover Story declares Hemsworth "The Manliest Man In Hollywood" and the pictures are gorgeous, including the one of him and a dog.

As more proof that Hemsworth can make almost anything sound sexy, here's a video of him reading the dictionary, a vacuum cleaner manual and the phone book:

http://www.people.com/people/videos/0,0,20873744,00.html

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

Men:

Jeremy Renner

Steve Carrell

Cillian Murphy

Jeff Goldblum

Jason Bateman

Will Arnett

Finn Wittrock

Christian Bale

Joel McHale

Women

Taylor Swift (hey, she's had a cameo)

Chloe Grace Moretz (in a few years she'll be hot)

Eva Greene

Emily Blunt

Alexis Bledel

Emma Stone

Anna Faris

Evan Rachel Wood

Kirsten Dunst

Cameron Diaz

Amanda Seyfried

Emma Roberts

Vera Farmiga

Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 1

Wait, you saw Taylor Swift in Valentine's Day and still have a crush on her? HOW?!?

No, I didn't see that. I dislike those cast ensemble movies. But, I love her so much I decided to add her since she just barely does qualify, I guess. I'm partial. I couldn't stop loving her if I tried. I'm so jealous of Karlie Kloss's place in her life.

Actually, Taylor Swift wasn't horrible in The Giver.  Perhaps because she was practically unrecognizable.  And I say this as a person who doesn't like her music, in general.

And she was only in the movie for like ten seconds, but she looked convincing enough fake-playing the piano and smiling at Jeff Bridges.

Rita Hayworth

I love what she does wearing that dress.

I couldn't find a clip, but her scenes wearing a bikini (back in the forties ) in The Lady from Shanghai were really scorchingly hot.

You picked a good one! She not really a crush of mine,but like the guy in Shawshank Redemption, I love it when she does that shit with her hair

just super cool!

• Love 3

Okay, call me nuts, but ever since seeing the new Godzilla movie, I can't stop thinking about him. I just want to ride on his back. see I loved him ever since I saw the original as a kid in the 60's. And I can't stand seeing him get hurt. 

I used to have a crush on Mel Gibson but he's old and wrinkly now, plus he's an AH.

• Love 1

I used to have a crush on Mel Gibson but he's old and wrinkly now, plus he's an AH.

I don't know what "AH" means, but I used to think he was the hottest dude on earth at one point before his heinous behavior became public. Also, before his face started to resemble an old catcher's mitt.

Edited by Jeebus Cripes
  • Love 1

Hee - I was going to go with "Ass Hat", but you know, either one fits : )

As Christmas rolls around, I have to say, ever since I was a little kid, Jimmy Stewart has always been one of my old Hollywood crushes.  He was just so handsome.  

And because I just recently saw him on Law and Order SVU (where they somehow made him look terrible), I have to say, Harry Hamlin has grown to be quite a silver fox.  I actually think he's more handsome now than he was in his Sexiest Man Alive days.

OH - and Harrison Ford, but ONLY in the Indiana Jones movies.

Edited by Princess Sparkle
  • Love 1

Since all of my Hollywood crushes, old and new have been mentioned, I wanted to list my Bollywood ones. 

q=hrithik+roshan&client=safari&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=MImWVOXbINSKuAS7zYDYCQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1225&bih=715'>Hrithik Roshan is gorgeous. He's perfect - there's even an ad saying so. ish. 

A couple of exhibits below:  

Even with a weird haircut: 

And live-ish

And Sridevi (below) will always be my favourite actress. *

She's so beautiful and talented. *And in English Vinglish (below) she's 49. Talk about bathing in the blood of virgins (and i'd wager it would be easier in India). 

*Ignore the video caption - that's not Tandav dance. 

Edited by romantic idiot
  • Love 1

Male actors: George Clooney, Matt Bomer, Hugh Jackman, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner, Joseph Gordon Levitt, and Ewan McGregor

Female actors: Kate Mulgrew(she's done a few movies), Lucy Liu, Dana Delany, Tia Carerre, Lea Thompson, Geena Davis, Diane Lanne, and Ming Na Wen

• Love 2

Mel Gibson never did it for me, but recently I was watching Tequila Sunrise - a bad movie, emblematic of just about everything unfortunate about the '80s, but still kind of entertaining -- and started to realize how good he did look at one time.  The man was indeed hot.    (Kurt Rusell, not bad either.  Poor Michelle Pfeiffer, having to star with both of them.)

Kurt Russell only did it for me in Backdraft

He did it for me pretty much all through the '80s. Guess I was digging the mullet.

Hrithik Roshan is gorgeous. He's perfect - there's even an ad saying so. ish. 

Googling this guy was a massive mistake on my part. I had to force myself to stop... I might go back.

• Love 1

I flipped through the latest GQ magazine with Chris Hemsworth on the cover.  That's how I wish the People magazine spread had been!  Nothing too formal, but a few different outfits.  Has anyone seen it?  The shot with him laying down and he's wearing the dark blue vest over the light blue shirt?  ::swoon::  Also? I was read parts of the Q & A section with him and Matt Damon (a good friend of his--the interview was done at his house) sounds like a really nice, down to earth kind of guy.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 2