Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Not Tomorrow Yet

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Here is your discussion thread for S06.E12: Not Tomorrow Yet. This thread will open Sunday March 6th, at 10:00 pm.

Before it opens, you can head on over to the S06.E12: Not Tomorrow Yet: Speculation and Live-Chat Thread

Remember:

------------> Post NO Spoilers (Comics, Talking Dead or Otherwise).

Take it to the Comics thread or the Talking Dead thread.

----------> Have Respect for each others' opinions, Always Be Civil and Enjoy Yourselves! <----------

(edited)

Shit, they have Carol and Maggie.

Despite my apprehension and fear, I loved this episode. Serious deaths happened. The group was badass. I wish they had given Morgan a chance to talk a bit more though.

Abraham was brutal with Rosita. I suspect that he will be on his own, not go to Sacha.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 9

Oh boy. Well...you know what...

I know that's a shitty thing to say but if Carol had gone with Rick and Maggie had done perimeter scouting as planned...the other peeps might not have gotten them..

• Love 12

Excellent episode. Still processing but the gang is going to pay and pay dearly for this. :(

I wonder if Morgan will eventually pull himself together and play a role in what's going down.

• Love 5
(edited)

Thought Glenn and Heath were going to make out.

YES FPP!! Preach and shoot

Glenn must have been PMSing he was very weepy this episode.

Noooooo Carol and Maggie grrrrr

ETA: Jesus Saves!!!!

Edited by Boilergal
  • Love 7
(edited)

Great episode! Really had me on the edge of my seat. I was cringing when they were silently killing those guys in their sleep. That was dark.

Carol and Maggie! Hope they'll be alright. They can't lose their cookie baker.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 7
(edited)

Best line of the night, "The Saviors are scary, but those pricks have got nothing on you."

I was expecting Carol, Maggie or Tara to die.

Why is Jesus so competent and capable?

Abraham is a jackass, Eugene is an insensitive idiot, and Rosita and Sacha deserve better.

Tara's confession to Father Gabriel and Jesus was hilarious.  The irony of that situation was priceless.

Carol was right, Maggie should not have been there, and the track of these people are to stupid to live marches on.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 17

Well that was generally dark.  And I'm really fearful for Carol now, especially with her burgeoning romance and iffy mental state.  And Glenn too, his first human kill and his wife taken?  Bad bad bad. 

• Love 10

Well wow.  That was quite a massacre. 

Abraham telling Rosetta she's not the only woman in the world was so mean, but I also laughed. Talk about blunt.

I feel like this set up up and foreshadowed a lot that Maggie won't make it.

Well wow.  That was quite a massacre. 

Abraham telling Rosetta she's not the only woman in the world was so mean, but I also laughed. Talk about blunt.

I feel like this set up up and foreshadowed a lot that Maggie won't make it.

• Love 2

Alicia Witt makes her debut!

Oh goodie, I loved her on Criminal Intent (although I was the only one.)

When Carol was picking acorns, I was thinking that walker would have made it all the way on top of her if it hadn't been making growly walker sounds.  And I was right.

I am philosophically opposed to the name "Smoove."

Really long Memorium tonight.

• Love 7

I didn't like Gabriel quoting the scripture before shooting the guy, but at least he went through with it. He will be a big help going forward.

For plot convenience Dx 

Well, some good and some bad this episode. 

I am so over the couple stuff. Please. Just stop. Everyone's a couple! It's like I'm watching fucking One Tree Hill. 

I never honestly considered Carol and Tobin, but I think it could be cute.,,,if it didn't seem like we were going through a couple explosion. 

I'm also annoyed that instead of making Morgan see the light, it seems that they're making Carol embrace more of his mentality. I mean, was she staying with Maggie just to protect the pregnant woman? (Which, YES, Maggie should not have been there!) Or is it because SHE'S over killing? I get it. I can't imagine what she would be going through, having to kill a child like that. Just please don't make her totally lose her shit. 

And please don't kill her!!! I'm so freaked out for next week. And I really can't stand Alicia Witt, so yea...

Abraham SUCKS. Sorry, Michael Cudlitz, I love you. But damn....worst character on the show right now. Who breaks up with someone like that??? "Yea, I only got with you because I thought you were my only option, but now I got other options, so bye". FUCK. YOU. I hope he dies. 

It was really sad seeing Glenn make his first human kill....and on a sleeping men. I mean, obviously these guys are heinous people. But to just kill a bunch of people in their sleep? Can't be easy. 

Father Gabriel, however, had no qualms about stepping up. He might turn out to be a really cool character after all, if he could just lose the priestly garb. 

I did like all the action scenes. It's always fun to see our gang working together, but it appears they did not CLEAR. 

• Love 17
(edited)

This whole episode had a feeling of doom and dread, and the fact that the gang got away fairly unscathed (meaning not killed, even though Carol and Maggie were captured) is too good to be true.  Someone in the group is not going to survive as a result of that little massacre.  I don't know who -- but those awful photos were very telling about what's coming, I think.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 11

I have no issue with Rick and company killing the Saviors.

I've said it before because the Saviors already fucked with Daryl, Abe and Sasha. They said they wouldn't kill them if they gave up their guns, then toyed with them and were going to kill them until Daryl blew them up.

IMO that right there is the Saviors making the first strike, showing they cannot be trusted. I'm all for them going on the offensive here. 

I know that you are right, but it is uncomfortable to watch. We are conditioned for self-defense in the moment killings rather than the premeditated ones.

• Love 2

he Saviors are scary, but those pricks have got nothing on you."

Which is easy to say when he didn't have a gang of Saviors put a gun in his face, take his weapon and then were going to shoot him anyway.

I have to say as much as Rick's plans don't always go so well, the execution of this was really rather good.  The optics of everybody so focused and moving in sync -- it was thrilling to watch.  Plus the tense-heartbeating soundtrack just added to it.  The thing is, for all that they may have won the opening skirmish with Negan, I think he's gonna come back strong.  I would bet that isn't his main head-quarters and that was the B-team.

Abraham was cold to ditch Rosita in the way he did, DIngleberries and all.  I don't blame the man for not feeling something that just isn't there, but he could've handled it better.

I am really getting  a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about Glenn.  So many little things are adding up to him not living too much longer.

Darryl actually looked clean!

Carol is off her game.  That is the only way I can imagine she was captured.

• Love 13