Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Hearing Problems

• Start Topic

Good episode. I didn't even mind having to see Adrienne's mask.

It looked to me like Adrienne showed up just to plug her new skin care line.  Which makes me wonder why anyone would buy skincare from someone who has so obviously had a facelift or two and is botoxed to the nth degree.  Do the products come with Paul's office phone and a 20% off coupon?

• Love 5

Because they are on a TV show and they are not her real friends. They are co workers who pretend to be friends. And Kyle's bread and butter on this show has always been her sister's illness. What the hell else are they supposed to talk to her about now? Her dogs? That'll be an interesting episode.

For the most part, I think this is true. They aren't really friends, they are co-workers. IMO, this would make it worse. I wouldn't talk about one of my co-workers families, even if I knew them and they had hurt me, if I knew it was upsetting to them. 

I do think the friendship between Kyle and LIsar is different, or at least Lisar has said that it is. They started that "mommies lunch" group years ago (I think she said 10 or so), and Lisar said that she has been at every White Party Kyle has ever had. Since Kyle has been having them for around a dozen years, this makes it seem like they are more than just co-workers. Again, I agree that Lisar, or any of the others can talk about whatever they want. They just have to understand that if a friend (or even a co-worker) asks you to refrain from this behavior and you still engage in it, the behavior can be hurtful. If they are OK with hurting that person, of course it is their choice. 

• Love 5

But yeah, she also has just as much going on in her life as anybody else without Kim--the Kim stuff is a bonus for the show they can keep going back to, not the only thing Kyle brings to the table. She's even had the whole "suddenly a lot richer than we used to be" angle, along with the fight with Lisa. Kyle's personality alone makes her a valuable reality show person. Not to mention her lightning rod friends.

I honestly thought that this was going to be the big story last year, before the whole Kim deal blew up. I was rooting for it, because i think it is extremely interesting. Have we ever seen a HW who has had her financial fortune change so dramatically during the run of the show? I remember the first season when her tagline was "I'm not the richest girl in Beverly Hills", and it was always presented that she and Mauricio had less than everyone else in terms of money. Of course she had some rich co-workers in the beginning with Adrienne, Camille and Lisa V on the show. Now it appears that are every bit as rich as the rest - more so in most cases - and it would be interesting to learn more about how this has actually changed their lives. I guess maybe the nice vacations and fancy rental cars tells the story for the most part. 

• Love 5

When has Kyle ever said that people cannot talk about Kim? That people cannot have their own reactions to the things that Kim did to them? I don't think she ever has. What she has asked is for people to stop hammering away at her sister when she is around. She has made it more than clear that it makes her uncomfortable, that it makes her feel defensive, even while she knows what they are saying is true. I am mystified at why this would be shocking to anyone. Is there anyone who can say they don't have people in their lives that require certain topics to be avoided at all costs? Because the topics are too painful, or bring up too much emotion? As I have said a million times, it would be one thing if the people doing the hammering were not Kyle's friends. Since they are, it is very confusing as to why they wouldn't just do as she asks. They can talk about Kim all they want when Kyle is not around. Lisar in particular needs to stop acting like the deal with Kim was the most traumatic thing in her life. Bitch please. The Poker Night incident didn't even happen until the 10th episode last year, which was almost halfway into the season. Before that, they were good. Kim was a bitch, unhinged, and all kinds of wrong and I was entirely on Lisar's side in that thing. Now she needs to just let it go and stop pretending that any of this had any long-term impact on her life.

In the last episode I thought Kyle very clearly said in her TH 'If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.' I agree that this is a good rule of thumb in general, but she can't pretend for a freaking second that she lives by this rule because the proof is there for everyone to see. If Kyle meant to say 'If you don't have anything nice to say [about Kim] then don't say anything at all' then she's not allowing for people to have their own reaction to the Kim experience or acknowledging the times where she's put her own emotions out there about Kim without any restraint whatsoever. (Perfectly understandable IMO btw.) 

I personally feel that Kyle removed herself from the discussion to show her family that she isn't participating in any of the negative stuff about Kim that was bound to come up this season. Again, perfectly understandable. 

I don't think that LisaR should go out of her way to bring up Kim but I also don't think she's out of line if she gives her opinion about her own experiences in dealing with Kim. Eileen asked LisaR if she was still dealing with eating disorder gossip and somebody else (Kathryn?) asked who asked LisaR about it in a nasty way last year; that's when LisaR said it was "that person" whereupon Kyle confirmed that it was indeed Kim. The show then obligingly ran a clip from last season where Kim taunted LisaR about the topic by making the bread remark. 

Some people only know LisaR through the show. People might have suspected that LisaR had an eating disorder or not but because Kim was the first one to go there, it's currently a topic of conversation on the show. I would call that something that LisaR has to deal with long term since it's a year later and she has one of the ladies asking her if she's still getting eating disorder gossip. 

Honestly, there were viewers who were freaked out by that car ride so I can only imagine what the real deal was like without the edits and commercial breaks. (It makes me want to reread the thread to see what people had to say at the time.) Without the freaking barrier of being a viewer who is watching from the comfort of their own home, imagine getting an up and close view of someone who's clearly on substance, you know they're supposed to be "sober", they're announcing that they're feeling "ornery", they're calling you names, and in general seeming like they're ready to act out. Add in the pressure of being on camera in your first season on a new show and I can see how it seemed like an incredibly unpleasant experience. That was just a watered down version of part one of her Kim Richard's experience. I can't say that I wouldn't have been seriously freaked out if I'd been in a similar position. Seeing a person in that kind of state is basically the opposite of pleasant.

I don't think LisaR should bring Kim up and think that she should basically avoid talking about her for the most part. However, if somebody asks and she responds honestly, my attitude is 'Oh well, I guess Kim shouldn't have acted like an asshole so many times.' I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kim still watches the show (looking for any slight no doubt) and I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea for her to hear about herself. IMHO half of the reason she is the way that she is, is because she's had her ass kissed for entirely too long and is way too used to always getting her way. 

Kim doesn't like to accept that there are consequences for her actions both long term and short term. If she's upset that she didn't leave a good impression on many (any?) of the women then maybe she should finally, finally think about really changing her behavior. This isn't to suggest that she should want any of these women to be her friends. It's about hopefully wanting to become a person who isn't an offensive jerk everywhere they go. 

So yeah, I'm fine with Kim taking her medicine. The non-drug kind.

• Love 9

I thought that Kim bringing up the potential for Lisar having an eating disorder so gross. I thought the same when Shannon did it to Heather on the OC show. Absolutely a line that shouldn't be crossed. The thing that was interesting to me at the time was that Lisar didn't really react. It was Eileen who threw out the "how dare you". Lisar didn't erupt until the part about Harry came up. I just assumed that Lisar heard this stuff all the time, which still doesn't make it OK. Saying it on National TV is a whole different thing. 

• Love 6

You know I am starting to think that Yolanda is not really a Real Housewives. She is a Bond villain. She should be stroking a white cat and suspending Lia Vanderpump over a tank full of sharks.

She is Lemonfinger.

OMG

That was awesome! Thanks for the great laugh!

Or maybe a villain in Austin Powers is more at WoYo's acting ability?!

• Love 3

You know I am starting to think that Yolanda is not really a Real Housewives. She is a Bond villain. She should be stroking a white cat and suspending Lia Vanderpump over a tank full of sharks.

She is Lemonfinger.

Now you have me thinking of Yolanda inspired Bond titles---

Lemonfinger

Lymeball

Dr. Yo

Diamonds Are For Models

You Only Live Twice...with David Foster

Never Say Munchausen Again

• Love 10

I'm become overly suspicious of these ladies. To me that whole scene was contrived so they could talk about the imported material so we would all know how rich they were. Maybe it was genuine, who knows.

It sounds better when you can name the country your flooring came from, not Lumbar Liquidators, San Diego. 

• Love 6

I thought that Kim bringing up the potential for Lisar having an eating disorder so gross. I thought the same when Shannon did it to Heather on the OC show. Absolutely a line that shouldn't be crossed. The thing that was interesting to me at the time was that Lisar didn't really react. It was Eileen who threw out the "how dare you". Lisar didn't erupt until the part about Harry came up. I just assumed that Lisar heard this stuff all the time, which still doesn't make it OK. Saying it on National TV is a whole different thing. 

I always wonder why anyone brings up another's alleged eating disorder.  It is not as if it has an effect on them.  The worst one was Adrienne vs. Paul.  She was bitch about food.  I find it refreshing that Lisar can joke about her relationship with food and exercise.  Just as we always see Kyle with a plate of food and the many comments about her back fat. 

• Love 8

Erika and "her gays" is straight out of the 80's/90's and it was a bad expression then.  Homosexual men are not pets.  She is tacky and that has nothing to do with the carnival. I would think Tom would be embarrassed.  She is boring and irritating.  

I'm sure Erika and "her gays" have a symbiotic, mutually rewarding relationship.  I'm sure they're in on the joke, but it still seems exploitive.  It kind of reminds me of all the barely eighteen, massive boob-implanted naked girls at the Playboy mansion.  It makes me uncomfortable.

• Love 12

Unfortunately, as much as Kyle wants to wipe it all way, Kim's evil behavior hurt people in an immediate, one-on-one way. Kim's bad behavior doesn't always relate directly to Kyle, so I can't stand how she tries to always minimize the pain Kim caused others with the "She's my sister, I can't hear this" bs.

Remember Kyle, this is the same woman who blamed YOUR DAUGHTER for the bite Kim's dog inflicted on her. Take off the rose-colored glasses, because you sound deranged when you defend someone who did that to your child.

Nail on the head about what bugs me about Kyle.  I get the whole, "I can talk about her but you can't sentiment" in a general sense but Kyle's protectionism comes from the alcoholic secret keeping upbringing of hers and that needs to end.  If she doesn't like it, Kyle then needs to either keep her sister out of other people's space or let her get jumped when Kim is feeling froggy.  Sorry but Kim needs to take her licks, she's earned them.  And not everything is about you Kyle, it's ok for people to not like Kim and it not be a reflection on you.  

I don't blame Kyle for getting upset.  Even if my sister was an asshole, you'd better not talk shit about her in my presence, or anyone in my family for that matter.  Family bonds should never be broken by outsiders as far as I'm concerned.  That's just how I roll and I admire Kyle for rolling that way.  And it doesn't matter that her sister acted like a complete loony toons, keep her name out of your mouth Rinna.  It's not like she knifed you or tried to cut you with a wine glass!  (read) 

Lisa Rinna is getting on my nerves trying to make every last storyline about her.  So since Kathryn shared the thing about her father, Rinna has to stage the thing with her daughters about her sister.  It's like she has to make herself part of everyone's storyline just like she practically hijacked Kim's last season.  She's really starting to get on my nerves.  But even though she is, I'm still on her side in regards to Yolanda.  Yolanda doesn't have a disease, she is one! 

I agree with this sentiment normally.  

For normal people.  

But Kyle has been keeping Kim's secrets for years and that family's secretiveness is why Kim has been enabled for so long.  

And YES.  Lisa Rinna really is inserting herself all over the place.

• Love 7

It looked to me like Adrienne showed up just to plug her new skin care line.  Which makes me wonder why anyone would buy skincare from someone who has so obviously had a facelift or two and is botoxed to the nth degree.  Do the products come with Paul's office phone and a 20% off coupon?

I always guffaw at celebrities that put out a skin care line when they've had a tremendous amount of work to their face and then act like it's all moisturizer.  I suppose even with all that plastic surgery and fillers, you still have to take care of your face but it feels so disengenious.

• Love 10

Ken looked soooo uncomfortable during that dinner.

Erica is crazy as hell. I would never be shushed especially by my old ass husband, nope.

I'm convinced it's the price she paid for marrying his wealth. I think Erica treats other people like Mr. Giraudi treats her. Definitely noticeable when she yelled at Rinna at the "BBQ" to be quiet.

• Love 19

I always guffaw at celebrities that put out a skin care line when they've had a tremendous amount of work to their face and then act like it's all moisturizer.  I suppose even with all that plastic surgery and fillers, you still have to take care of your face but it feels so disengenious.

I think you're onto something. Maybe if Adrienne came up with post-surgery skincare line I might be interested. Or a post-procedure recovery spa. Jokes aside, I want whatever Kyle is using. She's nearly twice my age and looks better than I ever have. I'm treating myself to one of her Hannibal facials for my next birthday.

• Love 7

I love how Yolanda seems to think that if she can demonstrate that not only has she never heard of Munchausen's but she can't even pronounce the word, that's proof positive that she doesn't have it.

She knows damn well how to pronounce it because she has said it correctly a number of times.  Slaughtering it is affected and transparent.  She thinks making it sound ridiculous serves her plight.  Why, who knows but she is not going to drop in anytime soon as the preview shows.   Someone please nail her on this.  Come LVP you can do this. 

I think you're onto something. Maybe if Adrienne came up with post-surgery skincare line I might be interested. Or a post-procedure recovery spa. Jokes aside, I want whatever Kyle is using. She's nearly twice my age and looks better than I ever have. I'm treating myself to one of her Hannibal facials for my next birthday.

They all wear a heavy spray on make up on their face, chest and arms or any exposed skin.  Just like all the stars on the red carpet.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

I'm become overly suspicious of these ladies. To me that whole scene was contrived so they could talk about the imported material so we would all know how rich they were. Maybe it was genuine, who knows.

Oh I think it was totally to show how rich they are, I just think Kathryn is fully aware of the differences including that Calcatta marble is even more expensive than carrara and wasn't making a mistake.

• Love 4

If, and I say if, these men who were at the 'barbecue' are truly Erika's friends, then I say this just backs up that Erika is a fake.  Or maybe that's Erika Jane.  Just like the rest of the world, gay people come in all shapes and sizes, races, and sexes, etc.  Erika chose to show something very 'stereotypical'.  She's not proving anything except that she's a hypocrite, IMO.  And by hypocrite I mean that she likes to show that she has 'her gays' but she really doesn't. 

I don't know why Lisar put implants or whatever back in.  It's kind of disturbing.

And IMO, that limo ride with Kim and Lisar was scary.  It was.  Crap.  If it were me, I'd get out of the car at the next gas station or 7/11 and tell the producers I'm not doing this.  Kim was under the influence of something.   And people under the influence and acting in that manner can do things.  This was not a happy harmless drunk or someone harmlessly high on something.  And IMO, Kathryn shouldn't have questioned it.  She wasn't there.  Lisar, or anyone else, has the right to their feelings.   Should Lisar have brought it up?  No.  Not the right time or place.  Especially after Kyle said she was uncomfortable.  And yes, Lisar overuses the word 'addict'.

As for Erika, she's a pretender.  The truth is that Erika knows her place when it comes to Mr. Girardi.  And Mrs. Girardi better not go up against Mr. Girardi.  Otherwise her funding for Erika Jane (and her fantasy world of entertaining and being catered to by stereotypical gay men) is going right out the window.

I get others on the Adrienne coming up with a skincare line.  But she and Paul are trying to make a buck on this.  Paul is the plastic surgeon.  No different from the Dubrows'.  Or Ramona.  Has Beth come up with a line too?  I wouldn't be surprised.  And how many housewives have a wine?  Hey, if there's people out there that are going to buy this stuff. 

With that said, what Brandi did to Adrienne was the worst thing that any of these housewives could do.  These are innocent children.  And I do miss Adrienne on the show.  I wouldn't mind her coming back at all.  I didn't always like what she did but I found her a whole lot more interesting than Yo or Kathryn.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 13

If, and I say if, these men who were at the 'barbecue' are truly Erika's friends, then I say this just backs up that Erika is a fake.  Or maybe that's Erika Jane.  Just like the rest of the world, gay people come in all shapes and sizes, races, and sexes, etc.  Erika chose to show something very 'stereotypical'.  She's not proving anything except that she's a hypocrite, IMO.  And by hypocrite I mean that she likes to show that she has 'her gays' but she really doesn't. 

I don't know why Lisar put implants or whatever back in.  It's kind of disturbing.

And IMO, that limo ride with Kim and Lisar was scary.  It was.  Crap.  If it were me, I'd get out of the car at the next gas station or 7/11 and tell the producers I'm not doing this.  Kim was under the influence of something.   And people under the influence and acting in that manner can do things.  This was not a happy harmless drunk or someone harmlessly high on something.  And IMO, Kathryn shouldn't have questioned it.  She wasn't there.  Lisar, or anyone else, has the right to their feelings.   Should Lisar have brought it up?  No.  Not the right time or place.  Especially after Kyle said she was uncomfortable.  And yes, Lisar overuses the word 'addict'.

As for Erika, she's a pretender.  The truth is that Erika knows her place when it comes to Mr. Girardi.  And Mrs. Girardi better not go up against Mr. Girardi.  Otherwise her funding for Erika Jane (and her fantasy world of entertaining and being catered to by stereotypical gay men) is going right out the window.

I get others on the Adrienne coming up with a skincare line.  But she and Paul are trying to make a buck on this.  Paul is the plastic surgeon.  No different from the Dubrows'.  Or Ramona.  Has Beth come up with a line too?  I wouldn't be surprised.  And how many housewives have a wine?  Hey, if there's people out there that are going to buy this stuff. 

With that said, what Brandi did to Adrienne was the worst thing that any of these housewives could do.  These are innocent children.  And I do miss Adrienne on the show.  I wouldn't mind her coming back at all.  I didn't always like what she did but I found her a whole lot more interesting than Yo or Kathryn.

Am I the only one hoping that one of the gay brigade is not so gay after all and has been patting the puss for real for a very long time?  We'll see home "the Boss" responds to being an old fool.

I find it very odd that Erika prances around nude in front of the camera crew and her male assistants.  She always has to add something to the effect how prudish the other women are.  I think it is just common sense to keep your clothes on in front of the gang.

• Love 7

I totally get what you are saying here. But I think we are also being very dismissive of the fact that Lisa Rinna was trapped in that limo with Kim for 2hours, and she can only really discuss what the audience saw of that 2 hour interaction. I think that would stick with anyone for a very long time especially if they are obligated to only discuss the 4 minutes of that 2 hour ride that the audience was shown. It is easy for us to say get over it, so she went crazy in a limo. But, since we have no idea what the worst moment of that 2 hours was we can't really say if this is something that she should just get over because it's so insignificant that it doesn't require closure for her to move forward. 

I mean I get it that it doesn't make Rinna look good to keep discussing what happened - I honestly don't see her as "going after Kim" or "shaming Kim" I see her has rehashing something that happened last year because Kyle refuses to address it openly - which is Kyle's prerogative. I do think that if she needs to get closure for any or all of the things that went down between her and Kim, she should do it off camera, but I doubt that Kim would ever go for that either. 

I guess I just see both sides. 

We forget (or never knew) that Lisa Rinna was the darling of soaps and Melrose Place LONG ago. But Lisa is accustomed to being the darling, sparkly, bubbly girl that nobody could possibly dislike. I'm sure that limo ride really did traumatize her and she's still not over it. She wants vindication for that trauma and I really believe that if Lisa Rinna could totally destroy Kim Richards entirely, she'd do it in a heartbeat. No matter where Kim is with her sobriety doesn't matter to Lisa because she was insulted and made to be afraid of a crazy drugged up Kim two years ago. She wants revenge for Kim suggesting that Harry had affairs too. Lisa Rinna is not at all what she appears to be. I don't like her one bit, she's even a bigger phony that any of the other phonies.

And as far as Joe Girardi goes, I think Erika puts up with a lot from him in exchange for a lavish lifestyle. Let's face it, other than money what does this guy have to offer a young woman like Erika? What does Erika have to offer an old rich guy like Joe Girardi? The answers are obvious. In the episode when Erika and Joe were eating in that fancy restaurant and the Chief of the LAPD just happened to be there for lunch in uniform and he came over to shake Girardi's hand and kiss Erika, I had an instant flash of something going on politically between them, it's more than a business friendship between prestigious wealthy attorney and police chief. One hand usually washes the other in most cities and especially in L.A.  Bottom line, I don't trust Joe Girardi, I believe he's a control freak. Erika sat straight as a board in her chair in their home waiting for Lisa to arrive, but when she's with 'her boys' she's relaxed and sitting with her legs spread and on the edge of her seat laughing. It's quite a contrast of her demeanor with Joe Girardi. I have a feeling there may even be a 'red room' somewhere in their mansion. I don't like the guy and wouldn't trust him.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 6

It was so nice to see Adrienne; I would love to see more of her and Camille. 

I don't want to see or hear any more about the restaurant scene in Amsterdam.  Now if Kim would come on drunk and cause a new uproar, that is another story.  I might be up for if Kyle does not give all a gag order.  

• Love 3

Oh I think it was totally to show how rich they are, I just think Kathryn is fully aware of the differences including that Calcatta marble is even more expensive than carrara and wasn't making a mistake.

And she was conducting a tour of her home, so comments about building materials were in order.

No doubt her decorator schooled her on the details.

• Love 3

And she was conducting a tour of her home, so comments about building materials were in order.

No doubt her decorator schooled her on the details.

It use to be there would be a crawl about how much something cost.  Part of these shows use to be the price tag associated with the rich and famous. I thought it was appropriate to discuss the materials.  Now they get criticized for showing off. 

From what I can find it is not terribly expensive.  I seriously doubt it was "flown" in from Israel.  Not a lot of stone is flown anywhere.  It was probably like all other materials put on a boat and you as the homeowner wait and wait.   

• Love 3
Yes, in NC, "barbecue" refers to pulled pork. However, it's not just served at an outdoor party (pig pickin'), as there are tons of restaurants that specialize in barbecue (though the sauces and sides may vary, depending on the region). A dinner/gathering with grilled items - such as burgers and hot dogs - is usually just called a "cookout".

Thanks for the info. But I didn't think that barbecue was served only outdoors in NC, and I'm aware of barbecue restaurants (we even have a few scattered around Jersey; I don't eat meat so I'm no judge of their authenticity or quality--and I don't want to be pickin' a pig!)--I probably should have typed "at a party" instead of "at the party" in that one sentence; I see how it looks like I was describing the same kind of outdoor setup). I was talking strictly about the regional variations of how the word is used; people where I am tend to use the word "barbecue" to generally refer a style of event (outdoors with food cooked on a grill) rather than a particular type of cooking technique, recipe, or meat (though the list of foods served at a barbecue here are usually pretty similar). Here, even a group of vegans might say they're having a barbecue even though they are not having barbecue at the barbecue, though "cookout" and other similar words are also used. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3

For the most part, I think this is true. They aren't really friends, they are co-workers. IMO, this would make it worse. I wouldn't talk about one of my co-workers families, even if I knew them and they had hurt me, if I knew it was upsetting to them. 

I do think the friendship between Kyle and LIsar is different, or at least Lisar has said that it is. They started that "mommies lunch" group years ago (I think she said 10 or so), and Lisar said that she has been at every White Party Kyle has ever had. Since Kyle has been having them for around a dozen years, this makes it seem like they are more than just co-workers. Again, I agree that Lisar, or any of the others can talk about whatever they want. They just have to understand that if a friend (or even a co-worker) asks you to refrain from this behavior and you still engage in it, the behavior can be hurtful. If they are OK with hurting that person, of course it is their choice. 

Short sweet and makes sense. Plain and simple but what it boils down to is the bolded above.

• Love 3

Exaggerating in order to play victim is something pretty corny to me. In my opinion, no matter how many stretches can be made, I think Lisa R "survived" the ride and uses it. Plain and simple and I definitely won't be diagnosing the woman with PTSD. I've served with Marines in Iraq who've come through better off than apparently what LIsa R had to endure in that Limo it seems. Sheesh! LOL.

Let's not forget that when Rinna was "trapped" in that limo with Twitch, she was not alone. There was the driver and a cameraperson, at the very least. I'm sure she wasn't in danger.

EXACTLY! you would think that woman was stuck in a cage with no way out. It's completely humorous the level of "danger" Lisa R was in. It's so very comical.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6

Kim could have been on bath salts or who knows what. I don't blame Rinna for being scared. If she perceived the experience as traumatic then that is her right and I don't blame her. I would have had them stop the car and get a separate car....no way am I going to hang out with a belligerent unstable intoxicated person acting like a psycho, especially if they aren't a family member.

• Love 12

Erika "lets" her husband talk to her in front of company, on camera, because she's a glorified escort. If there ever was a doubt in my mind that this is a union of equals, it flew out the window watching this episode. Erica, or whatever she calls herself, like many in their circles, is a social climber. Much like her BravoBFF Yolanda.

I find it funny that people were excited about her ....thinking she has the balls and wits to take down Lisa. 

Her husband obviously respects LisaV but would rather marry the opposite of LisaV, a woman he can be BOSS to. LisaV is a BOSS. 

I liked her at first and I didn't care that she married for money and he married for ass and a care giver.

What changed my opinion of her was her not owning up right away to something she did especially when she knew someone she had given advice to about how to handle  a situation is now being blamed for something she did in relation to the situation.

E.  tattled that "Lisa" was talking about her kids she didn't say Lisa VP. and she set the foundation for Yoyo to go off on Lisa R., Lisa R. straightened that out with her visit and apologized and took responsibility for her part. Then on the road trip to SD and at the after party Kyle and LVP bring up that someone was talking, and is suspicious  Lisa R, and we see Erica just sitting there with canary feathers sticking out of her mouth letting Lisa take the heat (a cunt move).

Plus if she doesn't like to be told what to say and not say then don't do it to others especially in their own home.  I didn't like the way that E spoke to Katherine when talking about Kim .She spoke to  Katherine as if she were talking her off the ledge and telling her to drop it in front of others. Yet I bet if someone called her out for her way of talking in her own home such as when she was shouting at Lisa, she would have hit the ceiling. On that same note she also could have talked Yoyo off the ledge and calmed her down but she didn't and she relished in Yo's attempted take down of both Lisa's that she joined in and did not try to diffuse the situation.

Miss. Free To Be Me is of little substance. I have come not to like her not because she married for money but because of her actions. She pulls cunty moves.

I love how Tom put her in a corner at the dinner twice. She obeys very well. He knows that what he married and loves is beneath him intellectually and that he holds all the cards. Ken and Lisa love each other and have a partnership, Tom and Erica love each other but have an agreement.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 8

I would buy something from Ramona because even though I know she's had work done, I find out of all of the Housewives, she really does have great skin.  

I've always liked Adrienne, even when she was snipey with Paul (they seemed more like a normal couple to me) and even after her brief middle-aged crisis flings with young men.  What Brandi did was absolutely horrible, in a long list of horrible things she's done.

• Love 4

How do we know that isn't faux fur? Lisa Rinna is a supporter of PETA so I would find it strange for her to be wearing real fur but I don't know....

I don't care one way or the other, real or fake, it's a beautiful coat.

• Love 8

And didn't LisaR get the silicone removed from her lips only to have it put back in or did her lips look way worse before the removal surgery than they do now?  I just don't understand people like her and Taylor Armstrong.  Those lips look gross.

I had never seen that picture before.  YOWSA.  A stunner.  I still think she's gorgeous now but that's stop traffic gorgeous. 

I'm sure Erika and "her gays" have a symbiotic, mutually rewarding relationship.  I'm sure they're in on the joke, but it still seems exploitive.  It kind of reminds me of all the barely eighteen, massive boob-implanted naked girls at the Playboy mansion.  It makes me uncomfortable.

Right. Nameless bodies on parade at such a small party. The "Gays" on display. Creepy.  They're people.  How about a party with ten people we say everyone's name.   

• Love 9
Right. Nameless bodies on parade at such a small party. The "Gays" on display. Creepy.  They're people.  How about a party with ten people we say everyone's name.

I feel like this kind of assessment is in the eye of the beholder. I was watching the same show and saw them as people. I'd be worried about myself if I thought anything else, to be honest.

Let's not forget that when Rinna was "trapped" in that limo with Twitch, she was not alone. There was the driver and a cameraperson, at the very least. I'm sure she wasn't in danger.

She's a drama queen (and a jerk, IMO) alright but, at the same time, you can't help what suddenly and viscerally "scares" you, even if you know in a logical sense that you are or will be perfectly OK. Saying "X is not scary compared to Y" is kind of silly, I think. We don't choose what we find scary; it just kind of creeps up on us, so to speak (for some reason, if I see someone crawling creepily on the floor--in real life [don't ask] or in a movie--I lose my shit for a minute even though I know fully well that crawling does not necessarily = "danger!"). BUT...all that is not to say that I don't believe she is milking this thing for all its worth (which is nothing, really). Lisa R. reminds me of a few people I know whom I classify as "try-hard" (haha, she's the type that would give herself a nickname and try like hell to make it stick among her peers!). 

As for the limo, I'd definitely be on guard (and I'm not an overly fearful person in general), regardless of a camera operator and driver being present (what are they gonna do before something is done to you?) I'd be a little scared that Kim would lash out in some crazy way, but actually more worried that I'd retaliate and find myself in a hot legal pickle.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 9

I'm behind in my love for all thing RHOBH and I just watched the cyro freezing thimamajiggy last night. It was WAY worse then I thought!  Not talking about the actual freezing (BRRRRR) but Yo's insufferable attitude. "I'll show them how a REAL woman does it" "I'm going back for Round 2" And who is she in this world that she gets to criticize what people wear???? So they had on make up and heels. Big fucking deal Yolanda. There taking off there clothes so what difference does it make?  What a self righteous cow. 

I think we need The Real Self Righteous Housewives. Yolanda can school everybody in fake diseases and quakery cures. Kim Fields can drop in to tell everyone how they don't need make up. Katherine can tell everyone how they should not use any word she finds offensive if they are within 30 miles of her. These women!!!

• Love 12

Lisa may be going on and on about it because Kyle has never validated what her sister did specifically to Lisa (I'm not minimizing what Lisa did to Kim or Kyle). If that has never happened I can see why Lisa feels that she has not been heard by the family and can't move forward. If it has happened then Lisa is doing it to shit stir.

Why should Kim's family need to validate anything to LisaR? They didn't do anything to her. If anyone needs to validate/explain/apologize to Lisa, it is Kim, and only Kim, and there's no chance of that happening as long as Kim doesn't admit she has a problem (and be sincere about it). Personally, I think that Kim's disease never should have been highlighted on the show; TPTB should have removed her from the show when it became clear that she was filming while under the influence.

If LisaR felt so threatened during the car ride with Kim, she had every right to announce her fear to the cameraman and driver, and demand to be removed from the situation. That's what I would have done if I were that fearful. Now, a year later, she's still SO traumatized. Of course, that's her choice, but I still feel very strongly that she shouldn't be bringing it up in a group that includes Kyle, knowing full well that it makes Kyle uncomfortable. When Kyle got up and left the table, and Lisa said "I'm sorry, Kyle", I wish Kyle would have told her to take her apology and shove it up her ass.

LisaR has a habit of bring up sensitive subjects, no matter who is around. As much as I don't like Kim, I had to side with her on the several occasions when Lisa would confront her about her "addiction", like when she was doing it on the plane and Kim kept telling her to keep her name out of her mouth. Lisa isn't stupid and should have realized that she wasn't going to get anywhere by poking the bear. Come on, lips, show a little self awareness, mind your own business and leave the diagnosing to the professionals. Better yet, get your own storyline instead of hijacking Kim's and Yolanda's.

• Love 9
Which makes me wonder why anyone would buy skincare from someone who has so obviously had a facelift or two and is botoxed to the nth degree.

Adrienne has practically had a face transplant. I don't think I've ever seen anyone look that drastically different from the face they were born with.

people where I am tend to use the word "barbecue" to generally refer a style of event (outdoors with food cooked on a grill) rather than a particular type of cooking technique, recipe, or meat (though the list of foods served at a barbecue here are usually pretty similar).

​Yeah, I believe most people probably use the word in that way.

• Love 1
​Yeah, I believe most people probably use the word in that way.

That reminds me--I recently had to copy edit a lifestyle article about the different types of barbecue proper. The descriptions of the varying regional styles were so detailed that I almost wanted to do a side-by-side taste test. Like I said, I don't eat meat, but man did I want the sauces!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

Why should Kim's family need to validate anything to LisaR? They didn't do anything to her. If anyone needs to validate/explain/apologize to Lisa, it is Kim, and only Kim, and there's no chance of that happening as long as Kim doesn't admit she has a problem (and be sincere about it). Personally, I think that Kim's disease never should have been highlighted on the show; TPTB should have removed her from the show when it became clear that she was filming while under the influence.

If LisaR felt so threatened during the car ride with Kim, she had every right to announce her fear to the cameraman and driver, and demand to be removed from the situation. That's what I would have done if I were that fearful. Now, a year later, she's still SO traumatized. Of course, that's her choice, but I still feel very strongly that she shouldn't be bringing it up in a group that includes Kyle, knowing full well that it makes Kyle uncomfortable. When Kyle got up and left the table, and Lisa said "I'm sorry, Kyle", I wish Kyle would have told her to take her apology and shove it up her ass.

LisaR has a habit of bring up sensitive subjects, no matter who is around. As much as I don't like Kim, I had to side with her on the several occasions when Lisa would confront her about her "addiction", like when she was doing it on the plane and Kim kept telling her to keep her name out of her mouth. Lisa isn't stupid and should have realized that she wasn't going to get anywhere by poking the bear. Come on, lips, show a little self awareness, mind your own business and leave the diagnosing to the professionals. Better yet, get your own storyline instead of hijacking Kim's and Yolanda's.

Holy Moly I just fell in love. I don't understand what's so hard to understand about how inappropriate all of the aggressive and insincere confrontations about her addiction were. Goodness me AND to now see plain as day how Lisa R operates with regards to scrounging for a storyline that she's STILL so stuck on this and milking it? Ugghhhhhh. She just proves that her intentions last season were more about camera time than genuine concern over Kim... Bleeeecccchhhhh!!!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4

If anyone needs to validate/explain/apologize to Lisa, it is Kim, and only Kim, and there's no chance of that happening as long as Kim doesn't admit she has a problem (and be sincere about it). Personally, I think that Kim's disease never should have been highlighted on the show; TPTB should have removed her from the show when it became clear that she was filming while under the influence.

According to Yolanda addiction is an invisible disease.  So Bravo was doing us all a public service by highlighting this invisible disease.  Kim knew what she was doing when she arrived at Lisar's hammered.

• Love 4

The HWs have a right to discuss each others behavior. If Kim and Yo are acting belligerent or lying or etc then hell yes, put their ass on blast! All this tip toeing around Kim and Yo is just enabling them and reinforcing their atrocious behavior/words. They signed up for reality tv--welcome to being a public figure!

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 15

The HWs have a right to discuss each others behavior. If Kim and Yo are acting belligerent or lying or etc then hell yes, but their ass on blast! All this tip toeing around Kim and Yo is just enabling them and reinforcing their atrocious behavior/words. They signed up for reality tv--welcome to being a public figure!

True. But one year later, whining about being scared is overkill, IMO.

As far as Yolanda, the only logical course of action would be to ignore her and her constant and outlandish demand for tributes.

Serfdom has been abolished everywhere, except in the duchy of lemons.

• Love 7

Cindy Crawford caught a huge amount of flack for admitting to receiving Botox treatments while selling anti-aging products. But even after Botox, she still looked like Cindy Crawford, and Cindy Crawford was and still is, a very beautiful woman. It would make sense that a consumer would buy products endorsed by her. But Adrienne? Adrienne's face is terrifying. I just don't see anyone wanting to buy skin care products endorsed by someone with such bad plastic surgery. Even Joan Rivers, queen of plastic surgery stuck to selling things like make up, scarves, hair dye on QVC. I think Adrienne's skin care line will be as successful as the Maloof Hoof and those weird glitter hair thingies.

• Love 10

Cindy Crawford caught a huge amount of flack for admitting to receiving Botox treatments while selling anti-aging products. But even after Botox, she still looked like Cindy Crawford, and Cindy Crawford was and still is, a very beautiful woman. It would make sense that a consumer would buy products endorsed by her. But Adrienne? Adrienne's face is terrifying. I just don't see anyone wanting to buy skin care products endorsed by someone with such bad plastic surgery. Even Joan Rivers, queen of plastic surgery stuck to selling things like make up, scarves, hair dye on QVC. I think Adrienne's skin care line will be as successful as the Maloof Hoof and those weird glitter hair thingies.

Yes, Paul is making a mistake associating with Adrienne on this project.

Besides, the OC chichi housewife married with the other plastic surgeon already has a line.

Adrienne and Paul are always too late in their ventures, IMO.

• Love 2

I remember Cindy Crawford's infomercial. She "developed" the skincare stuff with a French plastic surgeon who she claimed she just happened to know.
  • Love 3

True. But one year later, whining about being scared is overkill, IMO.

As far as Yolanda, the only logical course of action would be to ignore her and her constant and outlandish demand for tributes.

Serfdom has been abolished everywhere, except in the duchy of lemons.

I tell you. Watching these shows confuse me sometimes. It's like the thing that goes through my mind over and over again is WOW, how are the most basic and simplest of conflicts or circumstances sooooooooo hard for these women to maneuver through EVEN with a camera in tow? I get it. Certain production influences and what not but the blatant inability to get through or handle situations that are, let's be honest, not original, unheard of or uncommon and have viewers scratching their heads wondering why they just don't get it and can't deliver the most simplest of solutions EVER has my eyes rolling to the back of my head as well as threatening to jump out of each ear.  We all know how tricky, awkard or difficult being in one or many of these positions can be and have managed to proceed with caution AS WELL AS consideration so they can all miss me with the shudders and the gasps and the crocodile tears when expressing how stressful it is on them to have to deal with such uncomfortable moments "on the fly" and explains all the callous missteps and selfish decisions thereafter. Oh PULLEEEZZZEEE. It's Bravo Housewives, NOT survivor.  And for cripes sake:

Lisa R: That's Kyle's sister, it's not comfortable for her and lets be honest it's not NECESSARY for you to hold on to it at this point

Lisa V:  You fucked up and contradicted Yolanda publicly. Whatever is going on with Yolanda her kids and the Lymes is a subject that isn't fodder at BBQ tables no matter how many selfies Yolanda takes of herself. It is what it is just let it blow over.

Yolanda: Your sick, not everyone cares and there's no need to nail people to the cross over it. Ridiculous

Erica: Do you and rock on but Imma need you to take that gives no fucks attitude to the table and IN THE MOMENT and be clear about the messages you convey or at least clarify once you realize things have become muddy

Katheryn: You're boring, I hate Faye but hopefully that's the end of that cause there isn't any real solid way to bring that into the forefront without it being forced and awkard and the topic is too serious to be handled in the typically pathetic housewives forum. Also, high five for being bold enough to share your opinion on the very unpopular topic of Kim Richards

Kyle: You FUCKED UP Royally!!! Period! But glad to see you're dealing with it in a more concise manner.

Eileen: I need you to give it a rest Boo! Stop speaking for Lisa R. Just stop. You're starting to become guilty by association and I don't want that for you hun. I just don't.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7
Watching these shows confuse me sometimes. It's like the thing that goes through my mind over and over again is WOW, how are the most basic and simplest of conflicts or circumstances sooooooooo hard for these women to maneuver through EVEN with a camera in tow?

SERIOUSLY, YES! I remember having similar thoughts for RHoNJ so often. But the TWOP posters who kept up with Twitter, etc., often suggested that the Jerseys may have been alluding on camera to something we didn't actually see as if it was about what we did see. Because no one here seems to have much of that kind of outside-the-show dirt, the WTFery of the BH ladies' inability to "move on" (even if they use that phrase all the time) is even more baffling.

Edited by TattleTeeny