Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Joe likes the fact that Trump called Elijah cummings

Because it plays into his fever dream of Trump watching Shitshow AM.   

THE PRESIDENT WATCHES MY TV SHOW!!!!   

Not because he likes it you dipshit. He's been ordered by Dear Leader to monitor what you say.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

So glad a group of men could mansplain to us what MTM meant to women.

Also Joe, stop making her popularity about politics and "middle America". Just shut the fuck up, OK? 

I was most offended by Mika's take on the show/character, which had something to do with the fact that she was "upbeat and ladylike," or something along those lines.

Also, I am quite certain Mika never actually watched the show.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 4

I watched a few minutes this morning. It seemed to be a total Trump LoveFest.

Have they talked at all in the last few days about Trump's assertion that millions of votes were cast illegally? Did they mention the insane interview he had last night on ABC? I hope I missed these discussions, because to ignore them seems crazy (to me).

• Love 2

He can get some stuff done, but they're mostly masturbatory in nature.

HEE!

Oakville are you  from Canada?  If so, that accounts for your calm demeanor in the face of mayhem. I feel compelled to tell you that I just got back from vacation and I bought a long scarf! I was at a yoga retreat, so I think the scarf's coordinating religion is  "Enlightenment?"

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1

While channel surfing this morning I caught JoeBlow saying something to Andrea Mitchell along the lines of "sorry for what you are going through" or "hope your situation works out" or similar. I don't watch Morning Joe anymore, can't deal with the Trump licking daily, so really wasn't paying attention. Just curious as to what he was referring to with Andrea Mitchell.

24 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

While channel surfing this morning I caught JoeBlow saying something to Andrea Mitchell along the lines of "sorry for what you are going through" or "hope your situation works out" or similar. I don't watch Morning Joe anymore, can't deal with the Trump licking daily, so really wasn't paying attention. Just curious as to what he was referring to with Andrea Mitchell.

Is she being forced to attend WH briefings? 

Did they mention the insane interview he had last night on ABC? I hope I missed these discussions, because to ignore them seems crazy (to me).

Trump said on ABC last night he got the same standing ovation at the CIA that Peyton Manning got when he won the Super Bowl.  I watched both Super Bowls Manning played in.  I'm pretty sure there were more than 400 people ( or however many were at Langley last Saturday) at  those Super Bowls. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

HEE!

Oakville are you  from Canada?  If so, that accounts for your calm demeanor in the face of mayhem. I feel compelled to tell you that I just got back from vacation and I bought a long scarf! I was at a yoga retreat, so I think the scarf's coordinating religion is  "Enlightenment?"

Yes ! I live in Oakville Ontario which is a suburb west of Toronto. I have followed us politics since I was a teen. My dad used to watch David Brinkley Sunday show. I love making fun of Mika's scarves . I want to keep track of how many times joe wears the same clothes. 

I would say the water cooler talk here in Toronto is how whacky the USA is for electing a reality show host as President. It's so strange. I started watching the first season of the Apprentice. Trump made me laugh back then. Omarosa was a villain. Now she is a White House spokesperson on tv! 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

Her father passed away about a week ago.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, oakville said:

I would say the water cooler talk here in Toronto is how whacky the USA is for electing a reality show host as President. It's so strange. I started watching the first season of the Apprentice. Trump made me laugh back then. Omarosa was a villain. Now she is a White House spokesperson on tv! 

NOOOoOoooOo. only parts of the U.S. elected him. most of us were like 'Hell no!" 

;-)

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, suomi said:

Oakville, I think Mika is onto us. Only one scarf this week, and it was tied so she couldn't fuss with it.

Kasie was wearing one of Mika's scarves last week

No scarf Friday. Navy top for kasie and Mika. Joe is wearing fleece. Joe explained the border tax. Joe went on a scripted rant about fighting the media. Joe warned Trump at 627 that Trump will lose a battle against the media. Joe said he was right about the primaries. Jos said he was excellent at explaining Trumps motivations

• Love 1

Posh Katty was happy that Theresa May was able to adjust her position to get along better with Trump. Posh Katty said the brits want her to be tough with Trump. Stengel is back from working for Obama. He said it's ok for the high level State dept people to quit when Trump arrived

Stengel wants the USA to be a moral leader in the world

• Love 1
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Posh Katty was happy that Theresa May was able to adjust her position to get along better with Trump. Posh Katty said the brits want her to be tough with Trump. Stengel is back from working for Obama. He said it's ok for the high level State dept people to quit when Trump arrived

Stengel wants the USA to be a moral leader in the world

a moral leader in the world? excuse me...

*laughs hysterically*

ah man....that's a good one ;-)

• Love 4

An interesting point brought up by Joe is that the media has to try and cover complex news stories now about trade and immigration. Trump wants to capitalize on the media making mistakes on trivial issues like the MLK Jr bust being removed in the Oval Offices 

Posh Katty was in awe of all the policies that Trump is declaring in 1 week

I hate autocorrect

• Love 3

I would say the water cooler talk here in Toronto is how whacky the USA is for electing a reality show host as President.

Hmm. I was just about to make a snarky comment about Canada having as PM a vapid pretty boy whose only qualification is his daddy had the job years ago....Then I realized we did that TOO, and GWB is nowhere as easy on the eyes.

• Love 4

I liked Posh Katy's blowout.  I know nothing about her, but she seems as if a maid awakens her each morning by opening the drapes and bringing her Earl Grey.

Does LL Bean have a small Joe Scarborough department or do they airlift their fleeces and khakis to him in the Bunker?

• Love 4

Brokaw was talking about his "relationship" with Nancy Reagan (barf) and Mika chimes in, "Yes it's so difficult the balance between reporting and being fair and blah blah blah".

I burst out laffing and said "Yeah we know where this is headed, Blondie. You're trying to convince everyone that your relationship with Trump is above board. 

And Brokaw shouldn't have kowtowed to Nancy either.   What a crock. 

• Love 1

Most of the people that show up on MJ are schizo.  Evidently, they hear voices in their heads that keep telling them trump's going to become a normal, 70 year old man, fit to be POTUS.

If David Ignatius tap dances any faster to try to normalize his vaulted leader, he's going to have a stroke.

And yay!  Trump's having phone sex with his boyfriend this weekend while he declares war on Mexico.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

I liked Posh Katy's blowout.  I know nothing about her, but she seems as if a maid awakens her each morning by opening the drapes and bringing her Earl Grey.

Does LL Bean have a small Joe Scarborough department or do they airlift their fleeces and khakis to him in the Bunker?

Posh Katty sometimes looks great. I think the lighting plays a role. She is very mad since brexit won because she is paid in British pounds  by the BBC. The pound used to be worth 1.50USD. Now it's a lot lower.

Katty had to lay off some servants. She might have to take a part time job as a Ladies of London cast member to make ends meet.

posh Katty is elitist imho. She had no clue what was going on outside of London during brexit.

i sometimes watch Katty on BBC America.

i love llbean clothes. Very good quality. 

I complained to barnicle in 2011 about Joe's wardrobe when I saw him in NYC near Rockefeller Centre

1 hour ago, stormy said:

Most of the people that show up on MJ are schizo.  Evidently, they hear voices in their heads that keep telling them trump's going to become a normal, 70 year old man, fit to be POTUS.

If David Ignatius tap dances any faster to try to normalize his vaulted leader, he's going to have a stroke.

And yay!  Trump's having phone sex with his boyfriend this weekend while he declares war on Mexico.

Someone on the panel said that Trump will never pivot. It's exhausting after 1 week but good for ratings

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Brokaw was talking about his "relationship" with Nancy Reagan (barf) and Mika chimes in, "Yes it's so difficult the balance between reporting and being fair and blah blah blah".

I burst out laffing and said "Yeah we know where this is headed, Blondie. You're trying to convince everyone that your relationship with Trump is above board. 

And Brokaw shouldn't have kowtowed to Nancy either.   What a crock. 

Why is Morning Joe afraid to have Rachel Maddow or Hayes or O'Donnell on regularly?

its such a weird network. 

The concerns expressed by the prime time crew should be debated with Joe.

is joe afraid of debating his colleagues?

2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Posh Katty sometimes looks great. I think the lighting plays a role. She is very mad since brexit won because she is paid in British pounds  by the BBC. The pound used to be worth 1.50USD. Now it's a lot lower.

Katty had to lay off some servants. She might have to take a part time job as a Ladies of London cast member to make ends meet.

posh Katty is elitist imho. She had no clue what was going on outside of London during brexit.

i sometimes watch Katty on BBC America.

i love llbean clothes. Very good quality. 

I complained to barnicle in 2011 about Joe's wardrobe when I saw him in NYC near Rockefeller Centre

Edited by oakville
Spelling
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Hmm. I was just about to make a snarky comment about Canada having as PM a vapid pretty boy whose only qualification is his daddy had the job years ago....Then I realized we did that TOO, and GWB is nowhere as easy on the eyes.

Trudeau did use Obamas advisors in the 2015 Canadian election . I would like to see him on Morning Joe. 

• Love 2

Why is Morning Joe afraid to have Rachel Maddow or Hayes or O'Donnell on regularly?

Years ago Rachel handed Joe his ass on Meet The Press.   He tried to interrupt her and she shut him down, then after the break he claimed she yelled at him and he wasn't going to engage in "Crossfire" type behavior.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_4JAJQ-HUI

I'm sure they all think  Joe is a buffoon and don't need the aggravation. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I thought the exact same thing! How much more obvious could she be?

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Years ago Rachel handed Joe his ass on Meet The Press.   He tried to interrupt her and she shut him down, then after the break he claimed she yelled at him and he wasn't going to engage in "Crossfire" type behavior.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_4JAJQ-HUI

I'm sure they all think  Joe is a buffoon and don't need the aggravation. 

Joe was a finalist for the Meet the Press Job. He was supposed to be a regular panelist but chuck Todd doesn't like him interrupting

1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

I doubt you ever will see Trudeau on the show. Joe has made his jealous contempt of him very obvious. He mocks him every chance he gets.

Chrystal Freeland is the new foreign affairs minister. She was a morning Joe regular a few years ago. It would be nice to see her on the show.

what happened to Jeffrey Sachs?

• Love 1

Chrystal Freeland is the new foreign affairs minister. She was a morning Joe regular a few years ago. It would be nice to see her on the show.

I've seen her on Bill Maher a few times in the last year. 

Joe couldn't stand Mika drooling all over Justin Trudeau if they had him on.  Back in the day when Tiki Barber was on regularly, she practically gave him lap dances.   

chuck Todd doesn't like him interrupting

• Love 2

I'm attending the annual convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia.  There are many colorful stoles on display for sale to priests.  I tried to post a photo for you Oakville, but I can't because the file size is too big.  I think quite a few of them would look good on Mika!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, captain1 said:

I'm attending the annual convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia.  There are many colorful stoles on display for sale to priests.  I tried to post a photo for you Oakville, but I can't because the file size is too big.  I think quite a few of them would look good on Mika!

I have to google that!. Is there a store that sells those stole's ?

20 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I've seen her on Bill Maher a few times in the last year. 

Joe couldn't stand Mika drooling all over Justin Trudeau if they had him on.  Back in the day when Tiki Barber was on regularly, she practically gave him lap dances.   

She got in trouble for going on Bill Maher's show while she was in cabinet. I think she is better suited to be on Morning Joe.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Eliot said:

I thought the exact same thing! How much more obvious could she be?

I found that hilarious. Mika can't have a close personal relationship with Trump & then bash him on the air.

I wonder what "intemperate " remarks that Brokaw made about Reagan's childhood?

I found the Brokaw interview to be interesting. He covered Reagan in 1966 before he became Governor.

Joe has defended Trump at every turn  as has Mika. It will be interesting tomorrow to see how he steamrolls the Muslim refugee ban. And it will be interesting to see how the Greek chorus that is Mika acts. Dr. Z must be appalled. 

• Love 1

I follow Joe on twitter (I don't know why) and his argument seems to be (along with many Republicans) that Trump can't implement these crazy policies because of the constitution. But why isn't Joe concerned that our president WANTS to implement these policies? The question isn't whether he can or can't. It's why we want a leader that would want to do that. That's what troubles me. And there seems to be no comment from Joe on that. I wonder what he's going to say tomorrow about the whole thing.

• Love 9

Joe seems more outraged on his Twitter that the DNI and Joint Chief is being cut out of the NSC than a ban of people based on national origin and religion has been implemented.

And without really getting into it, he seems to get comfort from the idea that the Constitution will prevail. That's great, but it prevails only because the heroes at the ACLU pulls all-nighters and files emergency lawsuits to do so. The disgrace is that they have to do so. As Miss Slay points out, the real problem is that we have a president that defies the Constitution willingly and knowingly. 

Mika seems to be more outraged on her Twitter.

Tomorrow will be a real test for this show. They're either for the Constitution and rule of law, or they're against it.

• Love 5

Catching up with Wednesday's show.

Joe took a cheap shot at Megyn Kelly, the new star at NBC News. He said that Tucker Carlson was doing very well in his time slot. He has better ratings that Megyn ever did. He's basically admitting that NBC overpaid for her. Tucker makes a fraction of what she will. I vaguely recall Joe taking shots at her when he doing his book tour.

Mika had to pipe in that Rachel Maddow's ratings were up. Joe said he loved Rachel in a very sarcastic voice.

Barnicle said that people hate the media. Joe said he got many texts from his friends saying that the media was hated more than Trump.

Joe was shocked that Trump's inauguration speech was so popular. Joe admitted that he was in a bubble and it wasn't optimistic.

Joe then said Americans like Trump for supporting pipelines & USA workers. Joe said Trump is more popular with construction unions than Democrats.

Mika & Joe repeated that they were right about Trump winning the second debate. Joe said he was right  and everyone else in the media was wrong.

Joe says Trump has to fix Syria with safe zones.

Joe supports sending federal troops to Chicago. He blasted Obama for not caring about the shootings in Chicago.

Joe gave suggestions to Spicer on how to avoid answering questions. Joe is an expert .

Joe mocked Barnicle for being a studio in Manhattan & asking existensial questions about "Who are we?"

Joe said Barnicle would get side eyed at a footbal game with his philosophical pronouncements.

Barnicle looked sad.

Joe mocked liberals for not supporting sleep deprivation. It's not torture.  Watching & Recapping Morning Joe for 3 years is ......:))

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe gave suggestions to Spicer on how to avoid answering questions. Joe is an expert .

Gah, the way he deflected and diverted and got louder and louder and puffed his chest was nauseating. And what the fuck is that thing he does with words ending in an "o" sound? Go, blow, Joe, so - any words ending like that get an almost w-sounding finish. I remember our junior high cheerleaders using that affectation; it bugged the shit out of me then and it still does, and FFS he's an adult.

And IIRC someone at the table squeaked out "You're not answering the question," which is when he got really loud. IIRC.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 1

The Monday morning following this weekend's immigration ban: "We met with the president yesterday." Are you fucking kidding, assholes? And who, pray tell, is the "31-year-old, low level staffer?"

• Love 4

January 30, 2017:  The Monday following a weekend of fierce protest against the Executive Order banning immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries:

Joe and Mike visited the WH and spoke with their president "over the weekend."

Joe is dancing around what he wants to say.  Halting.  Joe names Stephen Miller as the "young" culprit who wrote and issued the EO in dispute.  Says Miller's arrogance made him act independently, without proper protocol and vetting of concerned agencies.

My first thought was, well, Mr T flamboyantly signed the order.  Is Joe telling us that the successful business exec did not read or understand what he was signing?

Thankfully, David Ignatius of WashPo asked Joe outright, "when you talked with him, did you get a sense that the President regretted the order?"  Joe replied: NO. 

So why come out swinging against Stephen Miller?  Joe is ALL OVER the place in this debate.  Does not want to "disrespect"  #45, in my opinion.

Halperin maintains the EO was handled all wrong and continues to be handled wrong.

Joe has again said, "Mika and I think...."   It's off-putting. Speak for yourself  Ms B, and tell Joe to stop speaking for you, too.  Ridiculous.

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 3

At 6:07 he sniped at Mika with "Will You Let Me Finish? This Is Important." She caved, of course, and by 6:24 her white scarf had disappeared under her buttoned cardigan; by 6:31, the cardigan was unbuttoned. I'm beginning to think the scarf, or lack thereof, is a signal to whoever doles out her meds.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, suomi said:

The Monday morning following this weekend's immigration ban: "We met with the president yesterday." Are you fucking kidding, assholes? And who, pray tell, is the "31-year-old, low level staffer?"

Joe named Stephen Miller, who is decidedly not a low-level staffer.  He and Bannon are the main speechwriters, credited with the Inaugural address, the RNC speech and with most of the EOs.  Miller has been present at almost all the ceremonial signings.

He's around my age, so I don't consider him some young kid, as Joe just portrayed him.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Miller_(political_operative)

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 1

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/12/13/stephen-miller-appointed-to-trump-administration-job-senior-advisor-to-president-for-policy/

Miller has served as a key advisor to several members of Congress, including U.S. Senator from Alabama Jeff Sessions ...

Miller has been serving as the President-elect’s top advisor on policy since January 2016.  As national policy director, he oversaw the entire policy operation, led the policy development and formulation efforts, and directed strategic policy decisions on a day-to-day basis.  Miller also served throughout as the campaign’s chief speechwriter, and is currently the policy director for the President-elect’s Transition Team.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 1

What is the deal with Joe going after Stephen Miller.  Joe mentioned the name several times and it is clear he wants him gone.

Is Stephen the scapegoat to let the rest of Trump's administration off the hook?

Stephen is not a kid.  He is old enough to know better. Heck, people in late teens and early 20s often know better.

Edited by madfortv
Added another point
  • Love 5

You know what makes me angry about the immigration ban (besides the obvious)?  That particular order is not on the White House website yet.  Seriously, the whole country and world is having a discussion about a document most of us can't even get a copy of.  What the hell is wrong with this administration?

Edited by revbfc
  • Like 1
  • Love 6