Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, revbfc said:

You know what makes me angry about the immigration ban (besides the obvious)?  That particular order is not on the White House website yet.  Seriously, the whole country and world is having a discussion about a document most of us can't even get a copy of.  What the hell is wrong with this administration?

I watched MSNBC and  Ari Melber's excellent live coverage of events on Sunday from 5 to 8pET.  Rachel Maddow called in live, and brought up your point.  She said this admin makes a dramatic show of signing the EOs, with the prez holding the paper up for a few seconds and reading excerpts, but that's it.  The EO disappeared into the ether. What are they hiding?

I read a suggestion somewhere that from now on, media fotogs should come equipped with high -powered telephoto lenses to grab a picture of each order when #45 holds up the signed paper.

Spicer is now on MJ.  Time for me to exit!

• Love 6

Sean Spicer! WTF he must really be panicking to have him on the panel. Explains Bannon on the NSC saying that "we are just being transparent". Not calling him on lies that "Axelrod was there all the time" and Bannon has a greater view of "world affairs". Yeah.  White supremacist view!

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, sleekandchic said:

I watched MSNBC and  Ari Melber's excellent live coverage of events on Sunday from 5 to 8pET.  Rachel Maddow called in live, and brought up your point.  She said this admin makes a dramatic show of signing the EOs, with the prez holding the paper up for a few seconds and reading excerpts, but that's it.  The EO disappeared into the ether. What are they hiding?

I read a suggestion somewhere that from now on, media fotogs should come equipped with high -powered telephoto lenses to grab a picture of each order when #45 holds up the signed paper.

Spicer is now on MJ.  Time for me to exit!

I'm glad I'm not the only one getting angry about that point.  Wish I could have seen that Maddow segment you talked about. 

Edited by revbfc
  • Love 3

Monday Recap:. Thanks to those above who wrote the summary above!. I have been flipping back & forth between Morning Joe & the news in Quebec City. There was a terrorist attack on a Mosque. I have relatives there , but they are OK.

Mika is wearing a white scarf with sparkly sweater & black top. Joe is wearing a LaCoste Alligator fleece.

Joe had important meetings with President Trump & his key advisors. Joe demanded to get some aspects of the executive order in writing. Joe wants Miller out.

Joe promises to get the government working well. Joe is confused by Bannon taking over the military council.

Mika is on a refugee council & will be adopting a Syrian family. Mika said she was upset about the travel ban.

Spicer said that Axelrod & Gibs attended the military meetings. Spicy said that Obama wasn't transparent about this.

Bannon is a military veteran?

• Love 1

David Ignatious is worried about ISIS propaganda. Spicer said that Trump is working on a safe zone plan for Syria which will solve the refugee problem.

Spicer said Obama identified these countries as dangerous. Obama did a 6 month ban on Iraqi refugees in 2011.

Iraq is now banning Americans. Joe continues to trash Stephen Miller

Peters is furious at Spicer because Trump doesn't listen to the Defense Secretary. Joe is on a witchunt against Miller.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, revbfc said:

I actually did a spit take when Davidy Brody referred to Trump as a problem solver.  

lmao. he sure was great at solving the national chaos at airports this past weekend. bravo! 

• Love 2

I only got thru about an hour of this show this morning before deleting it.  Joe is just so annoying.

So with all that was happening this weekend trump had time to meet Joe and Mika??????  Maybe he should have spent the time talking to people at Homeland Security - but those are career people who many would say have knowledge of immigration law but trump says are the swamp and the problem in Washington. 

No Joe it's not Steven Miller's fault - it's trump's.  Remember that adage - the buck stops here (but hey that's the past)  Who appointed Steven Miller?  Who signed the executive order?

And Joe don't bring in former President Obama - after all isn't he just behind Hillary Clinton on the devil scale???  And isn't everything he ever did or thought about doing HORRIBLE!!!! so why would trump look to him for justification.  I don't recall President Obama's actions creating the mess we saw this weekend.

• Love 7

Did they talk about the Screen Actors' Guild award show?  The written (then read) comment by the sheriff from "Stranger Things?"  Awesome.  Gave me goosebumps.  The funniest part of all of that, was after the crowd's emotional outburst after his awesome speech, the look on Jonah Hill's face when he walked on stage to follow.
Anyhow, this is the sort of thing the Morning Joe dopes would talk about and laugh about, especially if Willie was leading a segment.  It's a great topic for the sort of show Morning Joe is in particular.  Politics/celebrity/pop culture/timely.  I'm curious if they covered it.
OTOH, there are a lot of real, weighty topics to discuss currently.

• Love 1

So with all that was happening this weekend trump had time to meet Joe and Mika??????

Maybe that all important meeting was the "Finding Dory" film screening he had for "friends and family." After all, Trump has to find someone to fill those seats and Joe and Mika are clearly his friends.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

Maybe that all important meeting was the "Finding Dory" film screening he had for "friends and family." After all, Trump has to find someone to fill those seats and Joe and Mika are clearly his friends.

such a random film too, i think. I guess if i were a new president, I would want to watch a movie about Lincoln or something. ;-)

• Love 1

Am I misremembering or was there a time in this great country when a goddamned White House press sec actually relayed information and facts in a calm, rational manner? I caught some of Spicer's appearance today.  I mean, it's about as effective as having some drunken, loutish sports coach whose team has shit the bed scream that his team didn't do a damn thing wrong - it's actually an alt-loss. 

I particularly liked his defense of the EO because the U.S. needs to be safe NOW, damn it. NOW. No waiting! Hurry! And the WTF look on Peters' face when he asked Spicer if there was an imminent threat and Spicer screamed back, "would you wait, Jeremy? Would you wait?" was kinda priceless. Even though Peters then looked like he was going to throw up for the rest of the segment. I imagine I would also get queasy sitting with the mean girls on a Monday after a particularly backstabby weekend party.

Also, saw Ellison's segment. OK, so now we know that every time Joe tries to be "fair and balanced" and invite a Dem on the show, he will find some bullshit false equivalency between an Obama policy and the shit streaming out of the current admin clown car. Dems would do well to be prepared for this - it's Joe's assigned propaganda homework.

Small voice - I think Mika effectively paraphrased Ellison's perspective and sometimes can be quite incisive and demonstrate the rare skill of listening. Now, blink and you'll miss those moments, but they're an unexpected and pleasant surprise every now and again.

Honestly, I don't see why Joe just doesn't out his friendship with the current sitting president and tell the truth about what he observes. He's not gaining anything by trying to be coy about it. The current admin already has plenty of propaganda puppets. I'd really like to hear an honest, centrist perspective on the current admin and its apparent plans to destroy the government to rubble, but Joe's nothing more than a third-tier apologist blowhard who gets to eat popcorn and NOT attend NYE parties with the current admin. Sad! 

Edited by potatoradio
  • Love 9

There's a great article on the Foreign Policy magazine website - as establishment as you can get - eviscerating any false equivalency between Obama's "list" and this EO. Kind of a shame that David Ignatius, who specializes in foreign policy, didn't shoot that shit down in the Ellison interview. And yes, forewarned is forearmed. Any Dem who appears on this show should be prepared for this stuff.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, potatoradio said:

Spicer screamed back, "would you wait, Jeremy? Would you wait?" was kinda priceless.

Priebus & Conway had similar meltdowns yesterday on MTP & Fox Sunday.  I guess Conway's was one for the record books and Chris Wallace just let her babble.

One of the three of them will be gone by end of summer.  

There's a great article on the Foreign Policy magazine website - as establishment as you can get - eviscerating any false equivalency between Obama's "list" and this EO.

Exactly.  Diff between a Constitutional law professor & a reality star/con man & his Neo Nazi Wormtongue advisor. 

I hate to say it but I'd rather Mika & Joe be advising Trump than this band of psychopaths.  Call him all the time, Joe. Go live at the White House.  Do something before he kills us all!!! 

• Love 5

It is so nauseating listening to Joe and Mika refer to Trump as "the President", but then basically blame everyone else but Trump for his own crazy executive orders!

I didn't hear the whole show, but did anyone mention that wacko Rudy Giuliani  basically spilled the beans again and said that Trump had asked him for a legal way to ban Muslims?   

I am really not able to even get through this show because they obviously are more worried about being buddies with a dangerous, mentally ill, bigot, who now is president, then actually doing an honest analysis.  The attempt to normalize a nutjob who has a white nationalist on his security council, and mention Jews in a holocaust  remembrance  statement, is sickening.    Having Bannon on any security council is like having the editor of the National Enquirer. 

I remember watching a couple of weeks ago, and Donny Deutsch  dared not kiss up to Trump.  Joe talked over him, and basically went crazy .   

• Love 11
10 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Priebus & Conway had similar meltdowns yesterday on MTP & Fox Sunday.  I guess Conway's was one for the record books and Chris Wallace just let her babble.

One of the three of them will be gone by end of summer.  

Exactly.  Diff between a Constitutional law professor & a reality star/con man & his Neo Nazi Wormtongue advisor. 

I hate to say it but I'd rather Mika & Joe be advising Trump than this band of psychopaths.  Call him all the time, Joe. Go live at the White House.  Do something before he kills us all!!! 

Joe does regularly broadcast from his bunker at his home in Connecticut. I would love to see Joe broadcast from the White House Bunker.

• Love 2

Tuesday Recap. Angry Joe is back. Mika & Joe started the show without Joe or Mika saying anything after a clip of Trump calling Shumer Fake Tears. It was awkward. Joe went on a tirade against Stephen Miller who is running the government. According to Joe, Miller & some millenial staffers drafted the Rxecutive Orders without telling Mad Dog, Kelly, Homeland Security or anyone . Trump signed the papers anyway. Joe's focus group of family & friends support Trump. They don't like the media for attacking Trump. Joe said the White House is in chaos. They have to tell Corker & others what is going on.

Barnicle said the terrorists don't come from the 7 countries that are on the travel ban list.

Kasie is wearing one of Mika's sleeveless tops.

Joe is wearing a navy sweater. Mika is also wearing a navy sweater. No carf today.

Joe had breakfast & dinner with key Democratic Senators.

Joe said the GOP senators like McCain, Sasse & Miss Lindsey could revolt against Trump and stop him. Joe said Joe Mancin may no longer support Trump.

Joe is now mocking Miller & calling him Little Miller. Joe has a vendetta against Miller.

• Love 3

So Joe is still trying to sell us (or Trump via the tv screen) on the fact that Stephen Miller is responsible for the Drumpf Muslim ban. Sure Jan. No oversight? No double checking?

Someone on twitter said Sally Yates is a witness to what went down with the ban and knows exactly who screwed up. Waiting for her  to spill it.

ETA. Quote from Mika " I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm a Democrat" Click. I'm done for the day.

• Love 5

Kasie Hunt said everyone up for re election in 2018 is afraid of Trump's base.

Joe said Trump supporters follow him on twitter & don't pay attention to non Trump media.

They are showing AARP ads that support Trump & are bashing Congress for not protecting Medicare.

• Love 1

Good Lord, Joe is beginning to look unhinged in his desire to blame Miller for everything.  It's starting to look personal.  Why does he always mention his age? What has that to do with anything?I have zero problem believing he is a d-bag because Trump seems to trust him, but why not throw some blame Trump's way for hiring him? Doesn't Joe believe this to be Trump's strength - surrounding himself with folks who will save us from Trump? 

• Love 4

I think Joe knows that Trump isn't knowledgeable enough to know what to do legally in these matters, and he's trusting Miller, Bannon, etc.  Joe knows Trump watches MJ and he's trying to get him to fire Miller.  Trump listens to the last person he talks to, and whoever tells him "you can do what you want, fuck those protestors and Congress, etc." 

I know Trump said he would invoke this refugee ban all along but Joe is trying to point out to him that he's letting people tell him it's okay to do things when it's not. He's trusting the wrong people and thinks being President is having Bannon & Miller write shit on a piece of paper, put it in a leather binder and he signs it and that makes it law. 

I cannot believe I'm defending Joe but I think he knows the generals and people who aren't raging Neo Nazis would reign him in a little.   Trump wants everyone to like him and think he's great.  First step is to stop acting like a fucking asshole.  I think they teach that in kindergarten. 

We have now entered the alternate universe where I am defending Joe Scarborough.

Thanks Trump. 

• Love 11

Good Lord, Joe is beginning to look unhinged in his desire to blame Miller for everything. 

Oh my Lord, the Miller rants.  Some word or slogan was niggling in the back of my head so I had to go Google it--STRAW MAN.  That's the word.  Miller is the Straw Man, since Joe can't criticize Trump and still stay in his good graces.

• Love 7

I know Trump said he would invoke this refugee ban all along but Joe is trying to point out to him that he's letting people tell him it's okay to do things when it's not. He's trusting the wrong people and thinks being President is having Bannon & Miller write shit on a piece of paper, put it in a leather binder and he signs it and that makes it law. 

This does not surprise me. back during the campaign, it was known that Trump wanted someone else to do all the actual work that goes into being a president, while he simply would 'make America great again...' 

Edited by Lana X
  • Love 4

It would be fun to see Joe join the administration. Joe is like an arm chair quarterback. Only Joe knows how to answer questions. What was the rush for all these executive orders? Joe is right that the Secretary of Homeland Security should discuss the ÉO before Trump signs it. 

I doubt Miller is the only one behind the chaos. There seems to be a strategy to confuse the media who aren't used to analyzing anything in depth anymore. Joe loves Optics. I think Yrump likes the optics of sitting behind a desk and signing papers

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

It would be fun to see Joe join the administration. Joe is like an arm chair quarterback. Only Joe knows how to answer questions. What was the rush for all these executive orders? Joe is right that the Secretary of Homeland Security should discuss the ÉO before Trump signs it. 

I doubt Miller is the only one behind the chaos. There seems to be a strategy to confuse the media who aren't used to analyzing anything in depth anymore. Joe loves Optics. I think Yrump likes the optics of sitting behind a desk and signing papers

'I have the best signature.....terrific.....yuge...you can read it...see my name? love!'

• Love 5
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Good Lord, Joe is beginning to look unhinged in his desire to blame Miller for everything.

I swear I'm going to throw something at the TV the next time he calls a 31 year old senior adviser to the President a KID. I don't understand why some 20 year olds and in this case a 31 year old is a kid and some teenagers are considered adults. Its on the tip of my tongue.

Every time the group falls back on "Obama did it first", they sound like the kid that got caught by his mother. If it was wrong the first time it was wrong then. If you mischaracterize what he did back then, you are still wrong now.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Dagny said:

I swear I'm going to throw something at the TV the next time he calls a 31 year old senior adviser to the President a KID.

Slippers and rolled up socks are what I use. Every. Morning.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 3

Oh my Lord, the Miller rants.  Some word or slogan was niggling in the back of my head so I had to go Google it--STRAW MAN.  That's the word.  Miller is the Straw Man, since Joe can't criticize Trump and still stay in his good graces.

Miller's the guy going on all the cable news shows defending the EO.  With Trump, you can't criticize him if you want to get to him. You have to play the game of blaming everyone else. That's how you convince him to listen to someone else.  If Trump was surrounded by moderate syncophants, he'd be more moderate. They would convince him that they can do what he wants to a point, without causing a lot of trouble, but it has to go thru the proper channels.

Bannon is behind the majority of this as far as how it's being handled. Miller worked for Sessions, so of course he's fucking lunatic.  Conway Spicer & Priebus are drinking the kool aid but already the stress is getting to them. Watch Conway on Fox News Sunday and you can see her breaking down, one eye is twitching, she's yelling about gaping wounds and not sleeping in  a  month.  Look at how Spicer acted in that first briefing on Saturday last.  Yes he's a hateful little shit but in the back of his mind he knows what they're doing is insane. 

Miller said last night on Greta that there is nothing in the Constitution that says "all 7 billion people on the planet can just walk into America at will" and Greta had to point out "that's not what the protesters are saying. They're saying the discrimination is Unconstitutional".  

You fucking little weasel. 

• Love 6

There is something so ugly and Beltway and establishment about Joe's rage that the Muslim ban was disrespectful to Kelly and Mattis and Pompeo etc., who weren't fully informed first (by that awful Miller boy, of course.) Uh, it was disrespectful to millions of people. Let's remember who the true injured parties are, and it's not the Washington bureaucracy. This is why I could never work or live in DC - an obsession with process and respect of hierarchy, as opposed to substance.

• Love 6

Delurking to put Joe on blast for his tantrum about President Obama's giving his opinion about Trump's "temporary" Muslim ban. Trump & his minions have used Obama's name time and time again to try to justify what they've done and they expect him to ignore it? Bullshit! That's like a kid who gets in trouble and tries to excuse it because another kid did it first, or so he says. Trump & Company should be thankful that Obama hasn't read them for the filth they are-yet.

Joe's perpetual kissing of Trump's ass while throwing Trump's bitches under the bus is yet another reason why he needs to have more seats than the Superdome, as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

There is something so ugly and Beltway and establishment about Joe's rage that the Muslim ban was disrespectful to Kelly and Mattis and Pompeo etc., who weren't fully informed first (by that awful Miller boy, of course.) Uh, it was disrespectful to millions of people. Let's remember who the true injured parties are, and it's not the Washington bureaucracy. This is why I could never work or live in DC - an obsession with process and respect of hierarchy, as opposed to substance.

Agreed. No one seems to care about the stranded people. Joe is trying to goad Mad dog & Kelly into resigning so that Miller will look like a fool. Joe must also be upset that he was not informed of the travel ban before the test of the media

• Love 2

I will say, now that Cackles seems to be the Brian Williams person now, I do appreciate that in the past few weeks they have taken efforts to put women in the mix - Kasie Hunt, a WSJ reporter this am. I wish Elise Jordan would come on more - I think she gives thoughtful opinions and even tho a Republican, doesn't tow the line (yet.) But this show needs women to counter the Big Swinging Dick vibe that dominates otherwise.

Wednesday Recap. Mika is wearing a grey turtleneck with the Stars & Stripes print. Joe is wearing a navy blazer. Joe took credit for the succesful rollout of the Supreme Court Justice last night. Joe said he had several angry phone calls with the White House yesterday over the immigration ban. Joe is still mad at Stephen Miller for changing the executive order to include green card holders. Mika was upset about whether Kelly knew about the EO before it was signed. Joe is very happy with the Supreme Court pick. He is as smart as Scalia. Heileman &Halperin liked the optics. There was  a good debate about whether the Democrats in red states could support Goresuch. There is pressure on them from their states to vote for him. However, liberals in other states won't be happy with them. Joe said hat Trump looked like a President in the east room. Mika said that Trump was a TV Producer & squealed. Mika liked being  back stage at Trump events during the primaries.

Joe said they cancelled a new executive order about cybersecurity because they want to get things right . Joe said you can't sneak up on the press. Joe is happy that the White House is listening to him.

Joe attacked Obama for allowing the refugee crisis to exist in the first place. Joe said Obama refused to help Syria since 2012. Joe blames Obama for not standing up to Assad. Joe said Obama should keep quiet about Syria and it his Rwanda.

There was a big debate about whether the Democrats should filibuster the nomination. You need 60 votes to get the nomination confirmed. Someone said Shumer has no choice but to fight because liberals are angry at Trump.

Joe reminded viewers that the first two years of the Clinton administration were a mess. They needed Gergen & Panetta to come in to clean things up.

Joe said Claire McKaskill has a tough choice to make i because Missouri voted for Trump.

• Love 2

oe attacked Obama for allowing the refugee crisis to exist in the first place. Joe said Obama refused to help Syria since 2012. Joe blames Obama for not standing up to Assad. Joe said Obama should keep quiet about Syria and it his Rwanda.

Obama is no longer in office, Joe. move on please. we get it. he sucked. gah

• Love 4

Joe said conservatives are united that judge Neil will be an excellent pick for the Supreme Court. 

Joe said no one from University of Alabama is on the Supreme Court.

joe got into a fight with Al Sharpton over vouchers. Sharpton wants good public schools. Joe said students in inner cities should not be held hostage by teachers unions. Sharpton said he would fight unions. 

Sharpton said sessions and Devos should not be in the cabinet

• Love 3

The gushing over the Supreme Court nominee "rollout", especially by Mika, was disgusting. All Trump did was walk up to the podium, give a short speech and announce a name. Is this how low the bar is set now? Joe's hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me either. "Gorsuch deserves a fair hearing". "Gorsuch is extremely qualified and thoughtful". Yeah Joe, so was Merrick Garland!

• Love 10

oe attacked Obama for allowing the refugee crisis to exist in the first place. Joe said Obama refused to help Syria since 2012. Joe blames Obama for not standing up to Assad. Joe said Obama should keep quiet about Syria and it his Rwanda.

Little history lesson for you Joe.  Last time I checked, the US did not start killing protesters in Syria.  OR bombing civilians.  The US & allies have been bombing ISIS targets inside Syria and we are trying to get people out of refugee camps, no thanks now to Trump. We aren't going to get into a proxy war with Russia, which is what Putin wanted. . Let's lay blame where it belongs. Assad & Putin.   

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/05/syria-civil-war-explained-160505084119966.html

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Little history lesson for you Joe.  Last time I checked, the US did not start killing protesters in Syria.  OR bombing civilians.  The US & allies have been bombing ISIS targets inside Syria and we are trying to get people out of refugee camps, no thanks now to Trump.

And Obama did cause Syria to stop using chemical warfare against his own civilians and rebels.  He maneuvered Putin into handling the situation.
Joe never once through the years offered an alternate suggestion for the 4-headed monster in Syria: refugees/rebels, Assad, Putin, ISIS.  Obama should've just made it stop, somehow.  Magic, one supposes.   I guess Trump will now end it and make Assad pay for it too... and if he doesn't, doesn't matter, Obama's fault.
How do you all watch Joe?

47 minutes ago, ShuFace88 said:

The gushing over the Supreme Court nominee "rollout", especially by Mika, was disgusting. All Trump did was walk up to the podium, give a short speech and announce a name.

What Mika meant to say is, "He looks Presidential because he's an old white man.  How comforting."

• Love 8

I hope today is the last time we hear Joe's brother's unscientific poll of trump voters.  They're ecstatic with herr dummkopf!

As far as the Heidi Heitkamp, Joe and Mark are so concerned over her liberal supporters in North Dakota, how many's that? 

The dems know they can't count on her or Manchin for anything.

2 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe said they cancelled a new executive order about cybersecurity because they want to get things right . Joe said you can't sneak up on the press. Joe is happy that the White House is listening to him.

Uh, did Joe elaborate on this cybersecurity EO?  Which freedoms is Trumputin trying to take away from us now?  Like, anyone who disses Trumputin online can have their lives ruined by the NSA, FBI, and DHS?  That kind of cybersecurity?

Edited by izabella
  • Love 2

Joe yucked it up during the tiny moment before the break where Rev was trying to explain the Bible. Joe asked him to explain the passage, then talked right over him. Nice Joe. Your mom would be proud.

• Love 4