Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Monday Recap with spelling mistakes.Mika wAs wearing a rtight fitting Fushia sweater. Joe was wearing a navy blazer with a tie. Mika was happy with the Sean Spicer imitation. Joe was upset that Trump still has faith in Miller. Joe talked over Mika . Joe was happy with the Grammys. Heilemann & Peters got new glasses. Joe wants Flynn fired for lying about sanctions. Joe had a focus group of family and friends who don't want to lose Obamacare. Joe wAnts to know if the protesters st town halls live in the district. Joe gave the protesters in his district Sanka. Harold Ford is worried that the Democrats still have work to do. The GOP could lose swing states in 2018 if Trump doesn't fix the economy in those areas. David ignatius said Trump will pour money into those states

If you have friend of the show status, you are exempt from any criticism from Mika & Joe.

i thought the SNL skit of KAC was over the top. Joe refuses to allow SNL to make fun of him

• Love 1

They were admiring of KAC during the summer but not friend of the show status. They were comparing her to the shitshows run by Manafort and Lewandowski. The campaign got slightly more professional when she took over, and as hacks, they appreciated that.

The SNL sketch trotted out a tired and sexist trope as unpleasant/difficult woman as obsessive unstable psychos. Hard pass. Plenty of reasons to criticize and even mock Conway. But this wasn't it imo.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Dagny said:

Joe has friends and family from all of the the US who was with Trump from the start. I don't know what followed because I turned the channel.

I think it was followed by "who are now calling me saying they're afraid of losing their insurance." But given that Joe often starts sentences with that phrase, it could just as well have been "who think I should run for President someday."

• Love 4

Joe has so many important friends & leaders that call him on a regular basis. We are lucky to have him as a cable host. Joe knows so much about sports, fashion, music & various states. Joe used to tell viewers that he grew up in several states. 

• Love 6

So now Hannity is having a little twitter war with Scarborough.  It's so odd that Scarborough and Mika are calling for Miller's job.

Hannity wrote something like, "should I tell people who you really are?" to Scarborough.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

So now Hannity is having a little twitter war with Scarborough.  It's so odd that Scarborough and Mika are calling for Miller's job.

Hannity wrote something like, "should I tell people who you really are?" to Scarborough.

ok sean. spill. 

if it's about his thing with Mika, I think everyone knows that. It's an open secret, yes?? 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Mumbles said:

The SNL sketch trotted out a tired and sexist trope as unpleasant/difficult woman as obsessive unstable psychos. Hard pass. Plenty of reasons to criticize and even mock Conway. But this wasn't it imo.

I agree.  Conway has given us so much stuff to mock her with, I was surprised and disappointed that SNL couldn't come up with something better.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Trumps social media Director supports Hannity in his fight with low rated Joe. Dan Scavino mocked Mika & Joe.

why wasn't Mika invited to Ivanka meeting with powerful North American women. Trump is at the table with Trudeau. Hope hicks is there

Every day that Miller stays on the White House staff makes Joe look bad.

• Love 1

I honestly don't understand why the thing with Mika is something that would scare Joe and Mika

they had an affair. fine

it's 2017. Are affairs even that scandalous anymore? they make the news, but I don't think they can end careers like they use to.

The intern who died under mysterious circumstances is really the only thing that should scare Scarborough.

Everyone knows that they were/are a couple and they do little in public to hide it. Sure the timing may be sketchy wrt Mika's divorce but again, nothing that would make them quake in their boots.

If MJ ever shows Stephen Miller non-stop spewing vile crazy neo nazi like shit again, I'm finished.  Sorry Mika, he's not creepy, he's SCARY.

I was happy to see Joe go after Miller.  Joe's twitter war with Hannity is so "popular", even Stephanie Miller gave hive him a shout out on her show twice today.

Joe's making my nightmares worse.  Today was at least the second time in almost 23 days that he talked about trump's second term.  God help us. 

And trump's BFF David Ignatius finally had to say that President Obama left a strong economy for trump to inherit.  But his twice proclaiming how trump's going invest billions in infrastructure and even throwing out Larry Somers for cover, made me laugh.  Go tell that billions thing to your tea party buddies.  

• Love 2

As annoying as Joe can be, I will always side with him over Hannity, who I despise. Could for Joe for not taking the bait (so far).

Regarding the Joe/Mika situation, it is weird that they still won't admit their relationship, but they have never denied it, and they are gradually becoming less secretive about it. Mika recently posted a photo of Joe in her mother's art studio, and a couple of months ago she posted a photo of Joe sitting in a waiting room with one of Mika's dogs.

I think that Mika is more nervous than Joe about going public. Maybe she thinks it will hurt her 'Know Your Value' brand, or maybe since she got divorced more recently than Joe, she is just not ready yet.

• Love 2

For you hold outs who are still watching this ... thing daily, be on the look out for these John Oliver ads which his show has supposedly placed on various cable news channels between 8:30 and 9:00 a.m., knowing Trump often watches:

I hit the record button around 8 am so I could watch it when I get home. 

2 minutes ago, cased said:

I think that Mika is more nervous than Joe about going public.

As she should be.  Women tend to be vilified a lot more than men for the same actions - adultery, divorce, sex before marriage, etc.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 4

I gotta give Mika some credit. Just watched the stephen miller bit.....she kept repeating "people love this. people wanted this..." about the new administration coming in and not caring about the rules.

I don't understand Joe's freaking out. he didn't see this coming? I think many of us saw this weird 'It's my way or the highway' mentality from day 1.

The outrage rings false to me. I don't get some of these media personalities. one minute, they're outraged and shocked and the next, they seem to be ok with certain policies

just....whatever. *sigh*

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lana X said:

The outrage rings false to me.

My wife watched a clip of MJ at some point this morning and told me about Joe going crazy against the Trump White House and Miller... and I told her that it's only because it's personal to him.  Miller is probably preventing Joe from having access, and preventing Joe's opinion from being considered, and so Joe's outraged. 
Otherwise, I can't see why he's put out by Miller's rhetoric, because he supports Trump saying the exact same things.  The outrage rings false because it is.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

My wife watched a clip of MJ at some point this morning and told me about Joe going crazy against the Trump White House and Miller... and I told her that it's only because it's personal to him.  Miller is probably preventing Joe from having access, and preventing Joe's opinion from being considered, and so Joe's outraged. 
Otherwise, I can't see why he's put out by Miller's rhetoric, because he supports Trump saying the exact same things.  The outrage rings false because it is.

I dont know how anyone can prevent access to Trump. we see if you have the money, you're in. If you speak highly of him, you're in.

Trump is bringing out this weird bipolar effect out in everyone. kind of fascinating to see. wow

• Love 5

"people love this. people wanted this..." 

People who don't understand how three branches of gov't work, macroeconomics, foreign policy, the Constitution.  People who think reality tv is "real", and that Donald Trump is a brilliant businessman. 

Yes, our finest brightest people are all over this shit. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

I'm tired of Joe making excuses for Trump, blaming Miller and Flynn and whoever else is effing up this week.

TRUMP chose these people. TRUMP is the one letting them run wild all over the media. Trump is not some helpless victim of his hand-picked advisors. They're not saying or doing anything that's inconsistent with the abhorrent deplorables they were when Trump brought them on. 

Trump is the problem, Joe. Admit that. It'll feel better.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Nidratime said:

It doesn't make the rest of us look so good either.

I watched the interviews he gave. He doesn't have a friendly demeanor. However, he seemed to have some good talking points against the 9th circuit court of appeals. Why is Joe so upset at him?

10 hours ago, suomi said:

I averted my gaze when they ran it a second time.

Gving credit where it is due, I didn't think (the) Trump (admin) would implode this soon. I was thinking more around the six-month mark. So I am impressed.

More credit to Joe for vigorously thumping Trump and Flynn. Mika was beside herself with disapproval and made a couple references to comments she would like to make, except that Joe already told her to zip it with those.

Agree giving credit where credit is due was on-point (finally!) but look what it takes to get these two to get real : Goebbels II.  

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Eliot said:

I'm tired of Joe making excuses for Trump, blaming Miller and Flynn and whoever else is effing up this week.

TRUMP chose these people. TRUMP is the one letting them run wild all over the media. Trump is not some helpless victim of his hand-picked advisors. They're not saying or doing anything that's inconsistent with the abhorrent deplorables they were when Trump brought them on. 

Trump is the problem, Joe. Admit that. It'll feel better.

Joe is terrified of losing access to Trump. Trump is making Joe look less powerful than Joe claims he is every day . They partied at Mar A Lago on New Year's Eve on the basis that they had to discuss a potential interview with Trump.

Trump has agreed to interviews with Hannity & O Reilly. Trump has yet to grant Mika & Joe an interview.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

People who don't understand how three branches of gov't work, macroeconomics, foreign policy, the Constitution.  People who think reality tv is "real", and that Donald Trump is a brilliant businessman. 

Yes, our finest brightest people are all over this shit. 

I do think that Morning Joe does try to cover the consequences of Trump's EO's . Can they be challenged by the courts? If so, how can Trump overcome the Judges decisions? Why can't Morning Joe go through what Miller said on the shows yesterday & rebut what he said.? Joe's personal insults against Miller & Bannon are useless.

Why can't Mika bring her dad on the show to discuss whether or not what Flynn did was ethical or not ?. Mika's dad had the same job as what Flynn has now.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Joe claims to have known Trump for at least 10 years. I assume that Joe would have met Trump around the time that the Apprentice appeared on NBC. The Apprentice started in January 2004. Joe's show on MSNBC began airing in 2003. I suspect Joe met Trump in the fall of 2003.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, izabella said:

As she should be.  Women tend to be vilified a lot more than men for the same actions - adultery, divorce, sex before marriage, etc.

Sadly, this is true.  The timeline as far as I know is that Mika & Joe hooked up during the 2012 election primaries. Joe filed for divorce from his second wife prior to the 2012 election.

Mika filed for divorce between summer 2015-summer 2016. the divoce was finalized in June 2016.

Mika's books & "Know your Value" tours would become unprofitable, if she disclosed that her success as co host of Morning Joe depended on her having an extra marital relationship with Joe. Mika deserves credit for increasing her salary from $150K per year in 2007 to $4M in 2015.

However, it's unclear at this time as to if the sole reason that she is still co host of the show is due to her relationship with Joe.

• Love 3

Tuesday Recap. Big News Day on Morning Joe. Mika went into an offscreen breathless breaking news voice about Flynn resigning. Joe showed up with a navy jacket & striped tie. Mika & Joe were in a "I told you so mood". Joe said he knew alll along that Flynn was subject to blackmail by Russia. Joe trashed KAC for being out of the loop & pretending to be powerful by posing for pictures with Trump. Joe said she is a free agent and books her own spots. Willie was shocked & explained how cable booking goes. Meacham said that Trump cannot allow North Korea to launch an ICBM at L.A.

Mika & Joe are burning their bridges with KAC. Mika called Stephen Miller a dictator.  The Powers of the President will not be questioned.

Joe called him a kid and said that he didn't know him.

Mika was excited that a journalist called her dad a legendary NSC advisor.

Joe is backed to bashing Miller. Halperin said that Trump praised Miller. Mika started moaning.

Joe said Washington always wins against new Presidents.  Meacham is hilarious and started quoting obscure white house staffers that tried to take control of the government.

Rabbi Korf defended President Nixon. Al Haig tried to seize power when Reagan was shot.

The panel said the replacements for Flynn will be upgrades.

Is Trump lying about his business dealings with Russia? Hmmm. Are journalists still allowed to do investigative work? It's harder than commenting on polls.

Mika looked lovely in her turqoise dress & blazer. ! Yeah for Mika! This is the best dressed day for both of them.

• Love 3

Thomas Friedman on and trying to pound it in to these two dummies that Trump knew the deal with Russia. Mika has come out of her coma to agree and question whether Flynn and Trump might have discussed it on the campaign trail.

Agree that Mika looks lovely today.

• Love 2

Why is Joe so convinced that Pence was kept in the dark? Given all that this group has gotten away with throughout the campaign until the present, does Joe really not believe that Trump and his circle think at this point that they can say and do whatever they please, whatever the truth might actually be, and get away with it?

• Love 10

Why is Joe so convinced that Pence was kept in the dark? Given all that this group has gotten away with throughout the campaign until the present, does Joe really not believe that Trump and his circle think at this point that they can say and do whatever they please, whatever the truth might actually be, and get away with it?

Joe doesn't have the experience I do, as a resident of Indiana, with Mike Pence.

Whenever his lips are moving, he's lying.  He's also a big fan of authoritarian government.  He tried to set up a state run news agency while governor, the Republican led state legislature, as well as media outlets, suggested that was probably a REALLY terrible idea. 

When he ran for governor, his platform was "everyone should be married.  Women and minorities have no rights. " 

• Love 8

After many months Mika has found her voice today. And she's making strong points about this mess. 

And she rammed into KAC.  Talking about her lies.  YAY!!

When he ran for governor, his platform was "everyone should be married.  Women and minorities have no rights.

...and mandatory aborted fetal funerals, from what I understand.

• Love 2

uhhhhhh. Once again, the outrage.

Mika and Joe seem to be fed up with Kellyanne's lies and her spouting whatever bull comes to her head on TV shows

NOW they're upset?? 

I gotta defend Kellyanne (UGH) but at the end of the day, her boss is Donald Trump. He must be okay with what she is doing, otherwise she would probably be gone by now. I don't like her either, but if Joe and Mika want to get upset, get upset with Trump. He hired her and it's truly his call that is behind everything that is happening.

Same thing with Stephen Miller. Someone has to be saying "sure, go ahead and say this..." and then they have to be okay with it afterwards.

who is that person? Donald Trump. So if they want to be upset, they need to direct that towards their buddy, our President....

Now, excuse me while I go curse really loudly for having to defend these jokers....

Edited by Lana X
  • Love 7

Mika & Joe's outrage at KAC would be a lot more credible if they were tough on Trump from Day 1. I believe that they are still on good terms with Jared & Ivanka. If you watch the show closely, they are always saying that he is the grown up in the White House.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe's outrage at KAC would be a lot more credible if they were tough on Trump from Day 1. I believe that they are still on good terms with Jared & Ivanka. If you watch the show closely, they are always saying that he is the grown up in the White House.

I thought Ivanka/Jared were suppose to be the rational voices or something within the administration. So far, have we seen any rationality? Bizarre

Anyway, you are right in terms of Joe/Mika being more credible about the outrage if they were tougher on Trump from day 1. As I said in another post, it's a weird bipolar effect within the media. CNN is the same way. they get upset with certain guests (kellyanne being an example) but then later will kiss her butt and have her back on. Where she will then lie again. it's a cycle that never seems to end. bah

• Love 4

Before you laud Joe and Mika for acting sane for one morning, please imagine the neck-vein, blood-from-the-eyes outrage directed towards Obama himself if his lieutenants stepped out of line.  In that scenario, it wouldn't be the lieutenants who are rogue, it'd be Obama's fault that he cannot lead and is not in control.  Not so with Trump, eh?
Huma Abedin used her fucking computer to write emails, and THAT was proof enough that Hillary Clinton is disqualified for being President, and it  also fueled a week's worth of sanctimonious, screaming outrage from Joe.

They'll need to cobble together about 5 years' worth of consistent sanity before they get the benefit of the doubt from me. 

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Before you laud Joe and Mika for acting sane for one morning, please imagine the neck-vein, blood-from-the-eyes outrage directed towards Obama himself if his lieutenants stepped out of line.  In that scenario, it wouldn't be the lieutenants who are rogue, it'd be Obama's fault that he cannot lead and is not in control.  Not so with Trump, eh?
Huma Abedin used her fucking computer to write emails, and THAT was proof enough that Hillary Clinton is disqualified for being President, and it  also fueled a week's worth of sanctimonious, screaming outrage from Joe.

They'll need to cobble together about 5 years' worth of consistent sanity before they get the benefit of the doubt from me. 

were joe and Mika upset over rich civilians taking selfies and photos of the North Korea chaos that happened while Trump was at Mar-a-lago? 

but wait. those weren't emails. just national security. duh 

• Love 8

were joe and Mika upset over rich civilians taking selfies and photos of the North Korea chaos that happened while Trump was at Mar-a-lago? 

No, only upset that they weren't invited to the dinner.   

Shouldn't this have been a State Dinner held at the White House?  Isn't that what usually happens when the White House entertains visiting dignitaries?

Then, interestingly enough, when a crisis occurs, the parties can convene in the FUCKING SITUATION ROOM instead of the unsecured patio of some idiotic golf club. 

• Love 7

Today the panel touted David Petraeus (convicted, intentional mishandler of classified emails) as a sensible replacement for Flynn with ZERO sense of irony or self-awareness.

I despair.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, Lana X said:

Anyway, you are right in terms of Joe/Mika being more credible about the outrage if they were tougher on Trump from day 1. As I said in another post, it's a weird bipolar effect within the media. CNN is the same way. they get upset with certain guests (kellyanne being an example) but then later will kiss her butt and have her back on. Where she will then lie again. it's a cycle that never seems to end. bah

They have to keep getting KAC and other Trumputin administration mouthpieces because other Republicans won't come on their shows anymore to defend Trumputin.  Repbulicans might not speak out against Trumputin, and might support every Republican agenda item that will take rights, health care, and tax money away from Americans, but they want to do it stealthily, without anyone noticing, instead of coming out on tv to show their support.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lana X said:

I thought Ivanka/Jared were suppose to be the rational voices or something within the administration. So far, have we seen any rationality? Bizarre

Ivanka was busy yesterday posing for pictures with our Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. There was a big meeting with Canadian and American female CEO's. I am surprised that Mika didn't squeal. 

Mika & Joe run the risk of going overboard on the anti Trump movement. Why not bring her dad on to discuss the RussiNs meddling with Flynn. ?

Edited by oakville
Spellcheck
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Ann Coulter tweeted that Joe is a right wing towel boy for the liberal media establishment. 

Will Joe retaliate?

oakville, your post caused me to visit Ann Coulter's Twitter feed.  I honestly didn't know all that existed. 
That hate, division, and willful ignorance is unsettling.  Her followers and the vile fake news she re-tweets are disturbing.  It's such an aggressive, hate-filled universe they live within, and Trump is their God.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Landsnark said:

oakville, your post caused me to visit Ann Coulter's Twitter feed.  I honestly didn't know all that existed. 
That hate, division, and willful ignorance is unsettling.  Her followers and the vile fake news she re-tweets are disturbing.  It's such an aggressive, hate-filled universe they live within, and Trump is their God.

I do think there are many angry people on the internet. It's so weird. I was chatting with my high school friends on Facebook about how in the old days ( pre internet) we would debate politics in person but never get so riled up about politics. It's a free for all now. The theory some of us have is that being extreme on either side draws crowds & that they can make money from it. Mika & Joe have switched sides on Trump so often, it's hard to keep track what's going on. If they are correct that they have known Trump for 10 + years on a personal basis , why can't they decode what's going on in his mind.

• Love 1