Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Monday Recap. Joe is wearing a new suit & tie and is in the Bunker. Perhaps it is his Jupiter Bunker ?. Mika was sleeping in. Willie was off. Heileman & Halperin are the NY Hosts with Marcia Brady, John Meecham & the Legendary Barnicle.

The theme of Today's show is that Trump is mean to the media and doesn't respect the media elites.

Joe is very upset at Trump's enemy of the people tweet.

Joe said that as a Republican he accepts that the media bias is pro liberal & Democrat.

Joe said Trump shouldn;t attack federal judges.

Heileman mocked Trump for the fake terror incident in Sweden, although the clip did not specifically mention a terrorist attack in Sweden. It just said "Can you believe what's happening in Seden"

Heileman likes Abba & Ikea furniture.

Barnicle got melodramatic about the importance of a free press & that journalists can ave America from Trump. He did not discuss being fired for plagiarism.

Joe said the media ratings are much higher with Trump now. Joe bragged that Zucker at CNN is making a fortune off Trump's higher ratings.

Joe said the media doesn't have to discuss serious issues and can focus on the Russian spies infiltrating the Trump administration.

Farkas said the Russians have buyer's remorse because they can't get the sanctions lifted against Russia because the Senate is skeptical of Trump's motives.

The panel was excited about the back channels between Trump's russian associates working on a peace treaty betwen Russia & the Ukraine.

Joe said Clinton lied about Monica Lewinsky & was impeached.

Joe said Trump is lying.

Joe said Rex Tillerson will quit if Jared Kushner keeps making deals with Russia and other countries behind his back.

Joe made fun of Obama for trying to close Gitmo. Joe mocked Trump for not discussing military strategy about Mosul Iraq. The Us army is helping the Iraqis take back Mosul.

Heileman was upset that Trump spends too many weekends in Florida golfing.

Keir Simmonds interviewed some sketchy Russian guys who said that the CIA is planning a coup against Trump.

The panel was very worried about Trump making fun of them.

Heileman & Halperin said that several committees will investigate Russian intelligence meeting with Trump associates during the campaign.& during the administration.

• Love 2

Joe is on a rant about Michael Cohen running the SOS. Joe said he spoke to sources close to Tillerson who is irate at being left out of important meetings. Marcia Brady said Tillerson had to stay at a crappy hotel when he attended the G10 Summit.

Edited by oakville
spelling
  • Love 1

Joe said that Bannon & Miller are causing chaos for Trump. Costa likes Bolton. Bolton is a hawk on Russia & supported the Iraq war. Joe is mad at Rand Paul for being the conductor of the Trump train. Joe is once again flipping his story on Bolton. Joe was apopletic about Bolton in November being Secretary of State. Now he is OK with him being National Security Adviser

• Love 1

Heileman & Nick Confessore are upset about Trump using Mar A Largo as the Winter White House. Marcia Brady wants him to use Camp David. The panel was upset that the President is getting paid by the govt for staying at Mar a Largo. Heileman is furious that Trump is getting away with this and Clinton was attacked for renting out the Lincoln Bedroom to elite Donors.

Confessore & Marcia Brady said that Trump likes the food and having court jesters at Mar A largo.

Now the panel is upset about Trump trying to take oil from Iraq. Bret Stephens is mad at Trump explainers. the panel is upset that the US would get repaid by Iraq for rescuing the country from Saddam Hussein. You can't just raid the oil according to the panel.

Bret Stephens is mad at Trump. He wants Conservative journalists to be tough on Trump .

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, oakville said:

Heileman is furious that Trump is getting away with this and Clinton was attacked for renting out the Lincoln Bedroom to elite Donors.

Eh. Both are terrible. But at least we can do something now about the former.

1 hour ago, oakville said:

Barnicle got melodramatic about the importance of a free press & that journalists can ave America from Trump. He did not discuss being fired for plagiarism.

It was so bizarre to hear Barnicle screaming about Fake anews when he in fact lost his job over it (he not only plagiarized, he also wrote columns that couldn't be verified or sourced.)

• Love 4

I woke up late this morning and only caught the last 45 minutes of the show.  I watched most of last week and with this morning I have to say the show has been rather enjoyable.  The panelists have been good and Joe hasn't been a raving lunatic and actually lets others talk (for the most part).

Re trump's tweet on Sweden.  Didn't it say "what happened LAST NIGHT in Sweden" which makes it sound like there was a specific incident that happened Friday night.  I think Joe and the media are right to mock this.  trump is finding out (if he bothers to learn) that words matter and if he was talking about what he saw on a Fox News Show then he should have worded his tweet differently.

I think Joe is right to be concerned/upset about trump calling the media the enemy of the people. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

It was so bizarre to hear Barnicle screaming about Fake anews when he in fact lost his job over it (he not only plagiarized, he also wrote columns that couldn't be verified or sourced.)

I think that Heileman is very angry that Hillary wasn't elected. They probably have to rewrite Game Change 2016 book because the narrative was supposed to be how Hillary finally cracked the glass ceiling and beat the evil Donald Trump. They are both unemployed now, so they must have some time to rewrite the book.

The Game Change book would have to deal with how the media helped elect Trump by attacking him. The book would have to show how little credibility the "Gang of 500" as Halperin calls himself & his friends. have with the overall electorate.

I thought the interview with Mika's brother who was Ambassador to Sweden was very interesting. There were the obvious jokes about nothing happening in Sweden. Mika's brother said that Sweden took in 1.6% of its population as refugees last year and everyone is happy. There are some issues with assimilation of refugees into sweden & some extra crime but it is minimal.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, oakville said:

Mika's brother said that Sweden took in 1.6% of its population as refugees last year and everyone is happy. There are some issues with assimilation of refugees into sweden & some extra crime but it is minimal.

There is an explanation for Trump's Sweden comment.  It's long been held, co-started by Brietbart and promulgated by Brietbart, that Sweden is being overrun by refugees, and because of this, crimes and rapes in particular are skyrocketing out of control.  It's a fact in the right wing world, even though it's totally untrue.  Because it's an accepted fact, it made its way to Fox News, from where the President apparently gets all the briefings he needs.
Trump mentioned "last night," presumably, because he saw the fake documentary (just pure nonsensical racist propaganda) the night before.  He's such a fucking idiot.  Sweden has an opportunity here to press Trump and demand an official apology and really embarrass him.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, abbyzenn said:

Re trump's tweet on Sweden.  Didn't it say "what happened LAST NIGHT in Sweden" which makes it sound like there was a specific incident that happened Friday night.  I think Joe and the media are right to mock this.  trump is finding out (if he bothers to learn) that words matter and if he was talking about what he saw on a Fox News Show then he should have worded his tweet differently.

I think Joe is right to be concerned/upset about trump calling the media the enemy of the people. 

It didn't originate with a tweet. During his rally in Florida on Saturday, Trump said, "You look at what's happening last night (sic) in Sweden -- SWEDEN -- who would believe this? SWEDEN! They took in large numbers. They're havin' problems like they never thought possible." 

He later tweeted, "My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden."

This morning, he then twisted legitimate criticism of his misstatement, to make it all the media's fault, tweeting, "Give the public a break - The FAKE NEWS media is trying to say that large scale immigration in Sweden is work out just beautifully. NOT!" 

It's the up-capped NOT that makes it presidential, right? We're stuck in a fricking SNL sketch from the 90s. It all needs to be called out and mocked. Too bad Morning Joe wasn't as on the case during the Republican primaries.  

I think we should all be concerned about POTUS delegitimatizing the media. 

Edited by General Days
to removed extraneous word.
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Landsnark said:

There is an explanation for Trump's Sweden comment.  It's long been held, co-started by Brietbart and promulgated by Brietbart, that Sweden is being overrun by refugees, and because of this, crimes and rapes in particular are skyrocketing out of control.  It's a fact in the right wing world, even though it's totally untrue.  Because it's an accepted fact, it made its way to Fox News, from where the President apparently gets all the briefings he needs.
Trump mentioned "last night," presumably, because he saw the fake documentary (just pure nonsensical racist propaganda) the night before.  He's such a fucking idiot.  Sweden has an opportunity here to press Trump and demand an official apology and really embarrass him.

There are multiple news outlets in Europe such as the Economist that have reported the long term issues in assimilating large numbers of immigrants & refugees from the Middle East & Africa. There are some immigrant ghettoes outside of Stockholm You are correct that there aren't daily riots in the street. It just takes time to teach people Swedish & training them for jobs in Sweden.

Heileman & Halperin were playin with Swedish Fish Candy during the last segment.

There was a new Richard Dreyfuss lookalike reporter from the NY Times who was complaining about Trump. The GOP leader  McArthy complained about California not getting enough infrastructure money from Trump because of the ny democrats in California who are busy attacking Trump.

Joe revealed that he lived in Big Flatts NY. Joe bragged that he knew the district well.

• Love 1

Morning Joe missed an opportunity to have a discussion about Sweden's immigration policy with Mika's brother.

Getting riled up about Trump's silly statements is catnip for Cable News.

Joe should have had a longer discussion about how Jeff Zucker, who used to run NBC is in cahoots with Trump to improve CNN's ratings.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, oakville said:

There are multiple news outlets in Europe such as the Economist that have reported the long term issues in assimilating large numbers of immigrants & refugees from the Middle East & Africa. There are some immigrant ghettoes outside of Stockholm You are correct that there aren't daily riots in the street. It just takes time to teach people Swedish & training them for jobs in Sweden.

Heileman & Halperin were playin with Swedish Fish Candy during the last segment.

There was a new Richard Dreyfuss lookalike reporter from the NY Times who was complaining about Trump. The GOP leader  McArthy complained about California not getting enough infrastructure money from Trump because of the ny democrats in California who are busy attacking Trump.

Joe revealed that he lived in Big Flatts NY. Joe bragged that he knew the district well.

Yes, there are assimilation problems in Sweden.  No, there was not a specific terrorist attack in Sweden this past Friday.  The President fabricated a specific incident and that's what was being discussed on the show.    

• Love 8

The show ended with a very interesting interview with Isabel Young about life under Assad . She said that Homs was deserted with buildings collapsing. It is frustrating that Morning Joe has interesting interviews with only 5 minutes in the show left. Joe wasn't around so the interview proceeded without shouting. I think I heard Mika knocking on the Bunker door during the last segment that Joe was on. Joe forgot to cleanup the kitchen & left some food on the counter.

• Love 1

Can you imagine how good this show would be with Katy Tur & Craig Melvin, or Willie, or Ari Berman? 

Katy was on fire during the press conference. She was tweeting "This is the equivalence of Festivus. We're in Airing of Grievances, when are Feats of Strength?" 

Hosts with a sense of humor, and actual reporting backgrounds. Imagine the possibilities. 

• Love 9

The Game Change book would have to deal with how the media helped elect Trump by attacking him.

Huh?

The media let him run wild and unchallenged. How many times did MSNBC break away from Chris Hayes to air a Trump rally live, unedited and unfiltered? How many times did Joe and Mika let him call into the show and bleat nonsense, unchecked?

If the media, including these two clowns, had done its job properly from the get-go, they could have stopped this.

Re the whole "media is the enemy" kerfuffle. I wish reporters would just shut up about it and do their jobs. YES, I believe in the first amendment; YES a free press is essential to democracy; YES there's a difference between fake news and real reporting, blah blah blah. We get it. Stop making it about you, reporters, and stay focused on the train wreck that is our government.

• Love 14

"The media let him run wild and unchallenged. How many times did MSNBC break away from Chris Hayes to air a Trump rally live, unedited and unfiltered? How many times did Joe and Mika let him call into the show and bleat nonsense, unchecked?"

Amen Amen Amen!  So Suck it up Joe et al.  You didn't complain when the big ratings came roaring in  along with all the bigger bucks. thanks to this train wreck.     In  fact, you  barely, if ever, reported that little aspect.    So there's an odd sense of justice to now see that the train wreck you more or less watched eagerly and  in your own way, cheered on....is now running over you. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Can you imagine how good this show would be with Katy Tur & Craig Melvin, or Willie, or Ari Berman? 

Katy was on fire during the press conference. She was tweeting "This is the equivalence of Festivus. We're in Airing of Grievances, when are Feats of Strength?" 

Hosts with a sense of humor, and actual reporting backgrounds. Imagine the possibilities. 

I think Willie + ( Katy or Kasie or Kristen or Hallie) would be cool show to watch in the morning. I love Willie on the Sunday Today Show. He is co hosting with Indra Petersen. It's a great show with a bit of politics, long interviews fun segments etc.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Huh?

The media let him run wild and unchallenged. How many times did MSNBC break away from Chris Hayes to air a Trump rally live, unedited and unfiltered? How many times did Joe and Mika let him call into the show and bleat nonsense, unchecked?

If the media, including these two clowns, had done its job properly from the get-go, they could have stopped this.

Re the whole "media is the enemy" kerfuffle. I wish reporters would just shut up about it and do their jobs. YES, I believe in the first amendment; YES a free press is essential to democracy; YES there's a difference between fake news and real reporting, blah blah blah. We get it. Stop making it about you, reporters, and stay focused on the train wreck that is our government.

I agree the media including Morning Joe let him run wild till after the GOP Convention. It was embarassing. "No hard questions Mika" caught on tape at a townhall with Trump, Joe & Mika . Then, Mika & Joe  did a 180 degree & tried to attack everything Trump did. They lost all credibility since Trump's antics were widely known since the day in June 2015 he announced for President. It is so frustrating to watch Joe pretend to be tough on Trump now. He was showing up at Mar A largo on New Years Eve with Mika trying to scure an interview.

Mika & Joe should admit that they are only after higher ratings & money they get in their contracts . They are not serious journalists. Elise Jordan said today that Trump loves the court jesters at Mar A Laro. Mika & Joe should dress up like Court Jesters now on the show. The Christmas show interview with president elect Trump where Mika & Joe were wearing  pajamas where he told Mika he was willing to start an arms race with Russia is exhibit 1 of why no one takes the media seriously.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lindy Dear said:

"The media let him run wild and unchallenged. How many times did MSNBC break away from Chris Hayes to air a Trump rally live, unedited and unfiltered? How many times did Joe and Mika let him call into the show and bleat nonsense, unchecked?"

Amen Amen Amen!  So Suck it up Joe et al.  You didn't complain when the big ratings came roaring in  along with all the bigger bucks. thanks to this train wreck.     In  fact, you  barely, if ever, reported that little aspect.    So there's an odd sense of justice to now see that the train wreck you more or less watched eagerly and  in your own way, cheered on....is now running over you. 

Bingo!. Joe alluded today to how happy CNN's Jeff Zucker is with the higher ratings since the election. Jeff helped Trump during the apprentice show. Trump is ratings gold for CNN & other cable news networks since he makes so many whacky statements.

Joe should disclose any ratings bonuses he gets in his contract.

I am fascinated to watch Mika & Joe keep switching sides between being Pro-Anti Trump on a daily basis. I noticed that Joe took a cheap shot at Jared Kushner today. Wasn't Jared the golden boy behind Trump? Joe said that Jared is working on a Middle East peace plan without Rex Tillerson & Mad Dog Mattis. It's brilliant for Joe to burn so many bridges to the Trump administration so quickly.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Eliot said:

Huh?

I think the media as a whole enjoyed the ratings boost provided by the Trump Circus. Heileman & Halperin had a show on Showtime called the circus. They made money off the Trump show from June 2015-November 2016. They didn't do their job as "journalists". They lost their jobs on Bloomberg at a salary of $1M per year each . They also lost their MSNBC show. I am more sympathetic to Heileman than "Obama is a dick" Halperin. However, Halperin was smarter than Heileman to keep the options open as to whether or not Trump could win the election. Heileman refused to accept the possibility that Trump could win. In fact, he was bragging how Hillary was overjoyed at Trump winning the GOP nomination because he would be easy to beat by Hillary. It backfired.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Landsnark said:

What really shocked me was that he thought that documentary was a real, ongoing news event. (How?...) And that he didn't call anyone to discuss it and didn't expect anyone from intell or defense or state to call him.  That was so weird.

Thanks for the summary, Oakville. Much appreciated.  What did Joe think Trump lied about?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Barnicle is becoming useless on the show. I liked him when I met him in NYC in 2011 but he doesn't have any credibility discussing issues about "Fake News". His wife was a big donor for Hillary  which he did not disclose on the show.

Morning Joe needs new panelists

• Love 1
2 hours ago, cased said:

Today was the first time that I have seen Mark Brzezinski on TV. He sounds just like Ian. The two brothers are so much alike, and Mika is so different to both of them.

Mika has acknowledged on Morning Joe that she was the black sheep of the family. Mika said that her grades in college were far below her two brothers. Mika said that her dad, Dr Z tried to have her marry the son of the former President of Lebanon . He sent her away for one summer to Lebanon with the man. He asked Mika to dress in risque bikinis. The relationship did not work out & Mika had to return to the USA. Mika admitted that she used her dad's connections to get jobs on TV. However, she was hired for one job to do international news panel but was too complicated for her.

It is amazing that Mika makes more money per year than her two brothers combined despite having little intellectual grasp of the foreign policy issues that her dad specialized in. 

Mika is still ashamed that she caused a diplomatic crisis by spilling hot soup on Deng Xiaoping, the President of China who started to reform communism during President Carter's presidency.

• Love 3

I was flipping channels tonight & watched a bit of a show called O Reillly. on Fox News. The host asked the panelists who was the most conservative person on various networks. Joe Scarborough was named the most conservative person on MSNBC. However, they mocked him as not being  atrue conservative& that he was a lightweight,

I wonder if Joe will retaliate tomorrow?

• Love 1

Tuesday Recap. Joe is wearing a suit. Mika is wearing a red/orange top with pink & yellow scarf. The panel is very happy that McMaster is the new National Security Adviser. Joe is very happy & he has an A+ Foreign Policy team. The panel hopes he will listen to them. Ton Cottom made the recomendation to Trump.

Hoe is mad that Miller hasn't been fired yet. Joe said the White House inner team is filled is pro Trump lackeys. Joe is mad that Miller called the Brooklyn office of the Attorney General with points on how to defend the EO. Joe said only a lawyer should do that.

Joe is wearing a new Apple watch.

Joe said the FP team can tell Bannon he is wrong.

Halperin wants Tax Reform or a new ACA in 2017 to be successful President.

Joe said it was OK for Trump to fire the NSC staffer that criticized Trump. Joe said he fired staffers that criticized him

Back to who talked to Russians during the campaign. Russians are mad that Trump isn't doing whatever they want.

Trump has to distance himself from Russia.

• Love 2

I gotta say, I got a little nauseous listening to these hacks kvell over Trump's foreign policy team of white-haired men who are the "best and the brightest." It wasn't exactly long haired hippie dilettantes who got us into horrific quagmires like Viet Nam and Iraq. And I don't think "Hillary Clinton could have picked McMaster" is exactly the enthusiastic endorsement for many of us as it is on this show.

And why are they still so enthralled with Tillerson? He hasn't done anything yet.

I would love to hear Joe's backup for the assertion that anti-Semitism is on the rise on college campuses. And I would also be interested in how the number of anti-Semitic incidents since Trump compare to the number of anti-Muslim ones.

• Love 5

I am just happy there is now only a 95% chance Trump and his buffoons will get us all killed, versus the previous 100%.

ETA: Oh, yawn, we now have to listen to a lazy ode to John McCain the "maverick," who talks a big game while safely overseas and then proceeds to vote for Trump's policies and cabinet 95% of the time. Yeah. Real courageous.

Edited by Eliot
Further outrage
  • Love 2

Again with the chickens, ...... Obviously Mika either does not live in NYC , or has a weekend house near Joe's bunker, or has a Seinfeld/ Sex in the City chickens-in-NYC thing going on.

They spent awhile on that Yiannapolus (spell?) guy.  I looked him up, to me he looks like he's just a Gigantic Famewhore say shocking things to get attention and more money.  Sounds like.............ohhhhh.....

Whenever Joe talks about his relatives madly texting him, he makes them sound like a bunch of redneck hicks.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Eliot said:

Huh?

I couldn't have said it any better, Eliot.  It's as if we're living in Bizarro World or something.  I mean, did we only imagine the untold amount of airtime devoted to the Drumpf Traveling Salvation Show by MSNBC at the expense of everything else?  No other candidate was given that kind of coverage.  We're also supposed to forget that Joe Blow and Meek-a gave Drumpf carte blanche to call into the show every morning.  And, none of us will ever forget the hot mic moment where they agreed to only ask him softball questions.  They only became hyper-critical of him when his poll numbers dropped, only to start cheerleading him again.  Their cheerleading took on an ugly turn after their visit to the Tower of Doom last September.

So, please take a stadium full of seats, Joe.  It's a little late in the day and several dollars short to finally recognize the danger that Drumpf poses to a free press.  I mean, didn't these two nimrods get it when Drumpf angry-tweeted about their relationship and personally attacked them?  Gone are the days when journalist simply reported and read the news.  Now, they have a tendency to make themselves a part of the news story, just as Meek-a did recently when she announced that the Kellyanne would no longer be allowed on their show because she (Kellyanne) had no credibility.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe trashed Obama for not accepting refugees from Libya & Syria.

What?  I thought Trump wanted to ban Syrian refugees - see EO, Muslim ban - because Obama was taking too many refugees from Syria and elsewhere, and the only amount of Muslim refugees allowed in is no refugees? 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 2
Just now, izabella said:

What?  I thought Trump wanted to ban Syrian refugees - see EO, Muslim ban - because Obama was taking too many refugees from Syria and elsewhere, and the only amount of Muslim refugees allowed in is no refugees? 

Joe blamed Obama for not creating safe zones in Syria. This led to the refugee crisis. Joe said Obama was to weak to allow more refuges into the USA. Joe blamed Obama & Hillary for air strikes in Libya. Joe said Obama didn't put in a proper replacement government for Khadafi. 

Joe likes to blame ObMa for everything 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

I am just happy there is now only a 95% chance Trump and his buffoons will get us all killed, versus the previous 100%.

ETA: Oh, yawn, we now have to listen to a lazy ode to John McCain the "maverick," who talks a big game while safely overseas and then proceeds to vote for Trump's policies and cabinet 95% of the time. Yeah. Real courageous.

Joe said that McCain , Graham & Ben sasse. Oils shut down Trumps policies in The Senate.

2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Again with the chickens, ...... Obviously Mika either does not live in NYC , or has a weekend house near Joe's bunker, or has a Seinfeld/ Sex in the City chickens-in-NYC thing going on.

They spent awhile on that Yiannapolus (spell?) guy.  I looked him up, to me he looks like he's just a Gigantic Famewhore say shocking things to get attention and more money.  Sounds like.............ohhhhh.....

Whenever Joe talks about his relatives madly texting him, he makes them sound like a bunch of redneck hicks.

The chickens live in Mika's new suburban house. Joe lives in Connecticut. Joe has many relatives and friends who give him good advice. They usually end up agreeing with whatever Joe is discussing. I think it's hilarious when he brags about all the important people in Washington calling him

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MulletorHater said:

I couldn't have said it any better, Eliot.  It's as if we're living in Bizarro World or something.  I mean, did we only imagine the untold amount of airtime devoted to the Drumpf Traveling Salvation Show by MSNBC at the expense of everything else?  No other candidate was given that kind of coverage.  We're also supposed to forget that Joe Blow and Meek-a gave Drumpf carte blanche to call into the show every morning.  And, none of us will ever forget the hot mic moment where they agreed to only ask him softball questions.  They only became hyper-critical of him when his poll numbers dropped, only to start cheerleading him again.  Their cheerleading took on an ugly turn after their visit to the Tower of Doom last September.

So, please take a stadium full of seats, Joe.  It's a little late in the day and several dollars short to finally recognize the danger that Drumpf poses to a free press.  I mean, didn't these two nimrods get it when Drumpf angry-tweeted about their relationship and personally attacked them?  Gone are the days when journalist simply reported and read the news.  Now, they have a tendency to make themselves a part of the news story, just as Meek-a did recently when she announced that the Kellyanne would no longer be allowed on their show because she (Kellyanne) had no credibility.  

I agree. Mika & Joe have a very bad habit of trying to get too close personally to the politicians they cover. The other MSNBC news people like Chuck Todd are more discreet about their relationships with politicians & their entourAges

• Love 2

He actually makes Joe look like a normal person. He's the male version of Ann Coulter.  He told Maher that "you really have the most awful people on your show, they're all so stupid". 

Larry Wilmore told him to go fuck himself, twice. And Malcolm Nance asked if he was having issues coming to terms with his sexuality, the way he was berating gays and transsexuals. . It was pretty awesome. 

• Love 6

Mika & Joe have a very bad habit of trying to get too close personally to the politicians they cover. 

Totally agree. I remember they were previewing an upcoming segment with Claire McCaskill and Mika chirped, "We love her." Sorry, you're not supposed to "love" your guests. These are elected officials who are accountable to their constituents.

Milo as Ann Coulter is a very good comparison. I would actually venture to say that Coulter at least has a law degree and has been at this for years. Milo is a hateful little  flibberdegibbet with absolutely no credentials. And what he did and said about Leslie Jones is worse than any of the bad things Coulter has said over the years. But they both share a raison d'etre of being provocative for provocation's sake. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Cheerwyn said:

Joe is on Stephen Colbert tonight.  This should be good.

It was a major topic today on the show. Mika squealed ejoe was singing. Joe said that Trump may not finish his term . The audience was happy. Joe sang on the show with his hipster band

Joe shouted down the GOP Senators & Congressmen who don't listen to the town hall rebellion.

Joe is wearing a navy blue blazer today.  Mika is wearing a fushia sweater with no scarf.

Barnicl, Ratner & Halperin are on the set. Ratner said that Trump inherited a good economy and low crime.

Joe said there are people in GOP & Democratic states that like Trump's immigration policy. Joe was grateful for illegal immigrants that fixed roofs in Florida after the hurricane.

Barnicle liked illegal immigrants who kept costs of landscaping down.

Halperin said some Americans want to have a border closed & want immigration laws enforced.

The NBC polls show 43% approval for Trump which is higher than last week. Joe said that Obama's popularity was in the 40-48 % during most of his Presidency.

Joe said reporters have to discuss the effects of immigration on families & people killed by illegal immigrant.

Howard Dean came on to endorse the young mayor of South bend Indiana for DNC chair. His platform is to expand the Democrat base to include white voters from the working class.

Dean said Perez & Keith Ellison are entrenched Washington Insiders.

Joe said that the government may end up spending more on healthcare. Trump wants a rainbow solution

Mika & Joe were happy that Trump listened to them and spoke out against Anti Semitism. Mika said she spoke to Ivanka who is also opposed to Anti - semitism.

Halperin attacked Obamacare. He said that Obama lied about there be winner & losers, it's not cheaper. Obama was too partisan. Joe said Obama caved into Big Pharma. Joe said he knew all along that there were problems with Obamacare.

• Love 1

watched Joe on Colbert. he made me roll my eyes when he was like "oh, i was rooting for him. we should all be cheering on our president, yadda yadda" 

to which Stephen was like "even after all the horrible stuff he has said and the lies, etc? come on Joe..."

Just kidding. I wish Stephen had called him out on the hypocrisy, but he is a better host than I am.  ;-)

• Love 2

Halperin attacked Obamacare. He said that Obama lied about there be winner & losers, it's not cheaper. Obama was too partisan

Halperin makes me sick.

When he implements a complex government program in the face of unprecedented resistance, lies, and hostility from the Republican Party who would not give it a chance, then he can come back and bleat about "lies."

And there were plenty of winners.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Eliot said:

Halperin makes me sick.

When he implements a complex government program in the face of unprecedented resistance, lies, and hostility from the Republican Party who would not give it a chance, then he can come back and bleat about "lies."

And there were plenty of winners.

Halperin said Obama would be more successful with Obamacare if he had some GOP support. He said Obama lied about deductibles and keeping your doctor. Halperin said Obama care deductibles prevent people from accessing health care

Mika said she spoke to Ivanka who is also opposed to Anti - semitism.

DUH.  From the "No shit Sherlock" desk--did that even need to be reported?

Joe likened Trump to Eisenhauer (spell?) in that Trump has a cabinet full of people he doesn't know, not just "pals."  Wow, like Trump was ever friends with military generals?  So we are digging that deep for compliments now.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, oakville said:

Halperin said Obama would be more successful with Obamacare if he had some GOP support. He said Obama lied about deductibles and keeping your doctor. Halperin said Obama care deductibles prevent people from accessing health care

Well, Halperin needs to learn the difference between a well-intentioned pledge based on the best available information at the time and a true lie. 

Obama made the mistake of believing everyone wanted to work together to implement a comprehensive universal healthcare program that could be improved over time, as every other major government program has been. He got rolled by the insurance companies and the Republicans.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika & Joe were happy that Trump listened to them and spoke out against Anti Semitism. Mika said she spoke to Ivanka who is also opposed to Anti - semitism.

Good grief, what a couple of self-aggrandizing tools!  More likely, Drumpf listened to his favorite child and son-in-law, which doesn't amount to a hill of beans while he still has white nationalists on his staff.  

Oh, and Meek-a's observation that Ivanka is opposed to anti-Semitism is one of those moments when you want to bang your head into a wall because a face palm would be too mild a reaction.  Given that Ivanka converted to Judaism when she married her husband, wouldn't her being opposed to anti-Semitism be rather obvious? 

I just can't with these people.

• Love 10