Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, revbfc said:

Why was it dumb to bash the Trump advisors? They screwed up.  Also, why do you think Chick Todd needs defending?

16 minutes ago, revbfc said:

Why was it dumb to bash the Trump advisors? They screwed up.  Also, why do you think Chick Todd needs defending?

It's ok to complain about the speech, but to demand the firing of Bannon & Priebus is bizarre on Day 1. At 715 am Mika retracted her call for firing Whoever wrote the speech. LOL!

The clip on Met the Press with Kac & Todd didn't show the whole interview. It was bonkers. 

Joe bragged that he listened to his advisors when he was in Congress. JOE equates being a Congressman with running the White House. Joe bragged that he had insider reporting on Trump policy on Israel. The embassy won't be moved quickly to Jerusalem. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, revbfc said:

From where I sit, the Foolish Trump of Friday and Saturday WAS Trump, not his advisors. The so-called "softer" Trump of Sunday was probably when he finally listened to his advisors. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, TVForever said:

From where I sit, the Foolish Trump of Friday and Saturday WAS Trump, not his advisors. The so-called "softer" Trump of Sunday was probably when he finally listened to his advisors. 

Exactly. This is just lunacy. He showed everyone during the campaign who he is and how little control his advisors have over him. Why do these idiots think he is going to be any different now that he is in office?

I don't think I've ever seen this but I just did on MSNBC---a commercial about what a "civil rights leader" Jeff Sessions is --asking us to contact our senators to confirm him.

I've seen that a few times. Also the puff piece touting a "better, more affordable" replacement for the Affordable Care Act. No specifics, mind you, but many pretty words and lofty promises.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 2

I hate to say it, but I agree with something Mika said re the marches on Saturday.

Madonna isn't the face of this movement.  It's the millions of women (and men) who didn't get on the podium but either went to local marches or to DC to show the Administration & Congress that we will not take one minute of their bullshit. They will be held accountable for everything.

• Love 9

whether it's morning joe or another network........i can't fathom as to why kellyanne/anyone is allowed to be continuosly interviewed or covered when it's nothing but "fake news, alternative facts, sore losers, hillary lost, get over it...."

I dont get why the media calls them out (ala chuck todd) but then will go ahead and have these people back.

YOU ARE ALL PART OF THE PROBLEM. arrrggghhhh. *sigh*

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Lana X said:

whether it's morning joe or another network........i can't fathom as to why kellyanne/anyone is allowed to be continuosly interviewed or covered when it's nothing but "fake news, alternative facts, sore losers, hillary lost, get over it...."

I dont get why the media calls them out (ala chuck todd) but then will go ahead and have these people back.

I think that Todd & others have to be prepared to deal effectively with Kelly Anne. She had a field day when chuck started laughing at her . She told Chuck to stop laughing at her . She demanded that Todd stop NBC News from retweeting about the MLK bust being removed from the Oval Office. 

I missed the last half of the show. Mika & Joe should stop freaking out about everything. They got too friendly with Trump during the primaries.They went overboard attacking him during the campaign. Then they were too friendly after the election & showed up at Mar A Largo. Stop trying to be BFF with Trump

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I hate to say it, but I agree with something Mika said re the marches on Saturday.

Madonna isn't the face of this movement.  It's the millions of women (and men) who didn't get on the podium but either went to local marches or to DC to show the Administration & Congress that we will not take one minute of their bullshit. They will be held accountable for everything.

I personally am not a fan of Madonna, but i will say this: I love the strange irony in everyone getting upset over what she said. she has now had to defend herself. 

I'm like "OH HELL NO."

so team trump can lie about everyone and everything and when they get caught, they simply deny it.

Madonna needs to play by this rulebook. 

"i said what? weird. i dont think i ever did. you have tape? oh that. well....that's my evil twin sister. every now and then, she breaks loose...."

;-)

• Love 3
Just now, oakville said:

I think that Todd & others have to be prepared to deal effectively with Kelly Anne. She had a field day when chuck started laughing at her . She told Chuck to stop laughing at her . She demanded that Todd stop NBC News from retweeting about the MLK bust being removed from the Oval Office. 

deal effectively with her how?? this is the party of spinners. that is all they do. I wish the media would simply just stop having these people on. it's not helping anyone. you can kiss their ass, or not.....but what does that achieve? i hate saying it, but this honestly does exacerbate the hatred of the media. (yes, even on the left)

I tweeted at Katy Tur that at briefings they should tell Spicer "we will fact check everything you say before reporting any of it, and that all news programs should have a new policy, you lie to us, you will never appear on our show until you agree to read a statement correcting those lies. 

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, Lana X said:

I personally am not a fan of Madonna, but i will say this: I love the strange irony in everyone getting upset over what she said. she has now had to defend herself. 

I'm like "OH HELL NO."

so team trump can lie about everyone and everything and when they get caught, they simply deny it.

Madonna needs to play by this rulebook. 

"i said what? weird. i dont think i ever did. you have tape? oh that. well....that's my evil twin sister. every now and then, she breaks loose...."

;-)

Yeah, or "It was my advisors' fault!"

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, teddysmom said:

Exactly. He served his sentence and is now working to get back in our good graces. His 11th Hour broadcast is very good. It was supposed to end right after election day but I think they feel it's better to have a good 4 hour block of intelligent, insightful commentary, to balance that three hours of bullshit in the morning. 

Teddy'smom  This made me laugh out loud at work!  I'm sorry I've been AWOL since the election. I just can't stand listening to these two imbeciles anymore.  It was once funny to watch but now it just sickens me.   They are completely like Trump in their view of being surrounded by people who agree with them and blockading those who don't.  I agree with others that this show used to be about intelligent interesting people talking about a multitude of topics and having differing opinions.  That hasn't been this show in a very long time.  It's just all of them patting themselves on the back and agreeing with each other. The worst part is they are elevating a man who has so far proved that he is the biggest buffoon ever to grace the White House.   I can't even hear Trump speak let alone listening to these blowhards sing his praises. 

• Love 6

The problem is, for better or for worse, the days of the three major networks and print media are over. Now people can go on Twitter, Facebook etc and say whatever false shit they want to. And, contrary to what some say, this isn't some great "democratization" of media. Kelly Anne Conway and Trump etc have millions of followers who will receive these lies, while the rest of us who want to debunk them have a tiny fraction. 

So, these news shows now are the only way to debunk these people to their face and call them on their bullshit.  The person who does this best is Chris Wallace, who hasn't been demonized yet by the right, who is on their beloved Fox News, and who does call bullshit (he did this week with Priebus.)

So we do need to see Kelly Anne Conway, Sean Spicer etc on these shows, but the media needs to be prepared to debunk and show facts, and laughing probably doesn't help.

When we really need to worry is when they smarten up and refuse to appear. 

• Love 2

Mika, I don't know what fashion advice you rely on, but draping strips of fabric is not a fashion statement.  Do they have pockets sewn on the undersides for your Xanax & vodka flask? 

Or is it like the tie on the door knob signal. If Mika has a "scarf" (term used so loosely it's slipping off the page) around her neck, it means she & Joe got jiggy with it last night. 

• Love 2

The problem is, for better or for worse, the days of the three major networks and print media are over. Now people can go on Twitter, Facebook etc and say whatever false shit they want to. And, contrary to what some say, this isn't some great "democratization" of media. Kelly Anne Conway and Trump etc have millions of followers who will receive these lies, while the rest of us who want to debunk them have a tiny fraction. 

So, these news shows now are the only way to debunk these people to their face and call them on their bullshit.  The person who does this best is Chris Wallace, who hasn't been demonized yet by the right, who is on their beloved Fox News, and who does call bullshit (he did this week with Priebus.)

So we do need to see Kelly Anne Conway, Sean Spicer etc on these shows, but the media needs to be prepared to debunk and show facts, and laughing probably doesn't help.

There is always going to be fringe types that believe "alt facts".  Some of them come around, some don't. 

KAC & Spicer will never not appear on these shows, they need them like you and I need water and oxygen.  Better would be that the shows tell them flat out, like on MTP Sunday, "Kelly I appreciate you appearing, but you should know that after this segment, we will be presenting the facts. You will not be allowed to come on our shows and get away with lying and not expecting us to tell the viewers you lied, either purposely or because you refuse to educate yourself on the facts. " 

• Love 1

First time I've watched since the election (to be perfectly honest - it's on tape and I haven't quite made it thru the whole thing yet) because I wanted to see how these two spun the weekend events.

Loved the opening - photos of the events to the Buffalo Springfield song - showing my age but it did bring back memories.

Regardless of how Mika and Joe want to spin it - it wasn't the fault of trump's advisors - it is trumps fault.  Why was so much time spent bashing Spicer when trump himself at the CIA said the press lied about the numbers.  So that "advisor" that should be fired is trump.

I wanted to go thru the tv and grab that Eddie Gaude by the throat and shake him.  As I recall, before the election he talked about how he wasn't voting because although he didn't like trump Hillary was horrible.  So now shut up about trump.  He was quite good in his criticism but the whole time I thought  you didn't know this stuff before the election? would Hillary have done this stuff?

Good effort trying to justify the smaller numbers for the inauguration on that DC is more accessible to Democrats = yeah just go with that thought.  Seems to me, just looking at the map that Pennsylvania, North Carolina, W Virginia, Tenn, Ohio, South Carolina are within driving distance.  Loved that someone (can't recall who) said even Bush's inauguration was bigger.

• Love 3

wanted to go thru the tv and grab that Eddie Gaude by the throat and shake him.  As I recall, before the election he talked about how he wasn't voting because although he didn't like trump Hillary was horrible.  So now shut up about trump.  He was quite good in his criticism but the whole time I thought  you didn't know this stuff before the election? would Hillary have done this stuff?

Professor Gaude said many times on this show that his vote was based on the fact that as a NJ voter he knew he could vote for a third party candidate and not affect the election, and he said that had he lived in a battleground state he would have voted for Clinton, as disgusting as she was.  He didn't vote for Trump. He didn't conribute to the election of Trump. He didn't forfeit his "right" to criticize Trump.

In general, I find arguments like that to be counterproductive, because they encourage people to entrench themselves in their previous decision. If a person who voted for Trump now criticizes him, I don't think it's helpful to say, "Well you voted for him so you don't get to criticize him." We should be encouraging people to question their past decisions rather than get defensive about them. 

• Love 1

In general, I find arguments like that to be counterproductive, because they encourage people to entrench themselves in their previous decision. If a person who voted for Trump now criticizes him, I don't think it's helpful to say, "Well you voted for him so you don't get to criticize him." We should be encouraging people to question their past decisions rather than get defensive about them. 

But, it's only been two days! If he has buyer's remorse this soon than something was wrong with his judgement in voting for the guy in the first place and I don't see anything wrong with bringing it up.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Professor Gaude said many times on this show that his vote was based on the fact that as a NJ voter he knew he could vote for a third party candidate and not affect the election, and he said that had he lived in a battleground state he would have voted for Clinton, as disgusting as she was.  He didn't vote for Trump. He didn't conribute to the election of Trump. He didn't forfeit his "right" to criticize Trump.

YMMV, but I think spouting the whole "they are exactly alike" narrative DID contribute to the election of Trump. And he might not have forfeited his right to criticize, but I think he should preface it with a smidgen of humbleness now.

I can see that coming.

On the other hand, once freed from the constraints of trying to "maintain access," and "tell both sides," maybe our journalists will actually have to do some real journalism - as opposed to letting them come on and spout their bullshit in the name of "balance."

• Love 3

But, it's only been two days! 

It's been two months since the election, and Trump has spent those two months picking a cabinet that has run in complete contradiction of what he was campaigning on. He bamboozled people.If someone who voted for him now has second thoughts, that critical thinking should be encouraged, not ridiculed or dismissed. In fact, it's the opposite of the "normalization" of Trump that I've seen this show engage in.

If you were to compare the awesome MJ episode the Friday after the election, when  Michael Moore burned it down, to the episode last Friday with "tee hee Trump is a perfect gentleman off camera, isn't it great he answers his cell phone?" crap, it's hard to think this is the same show.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

so either way, they will get away with it.

trump team lies

media calls them out

they lie more

rinse, wash, repeat

i sincerely have no clue how this can be fixed. kind of feel like it can't.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lana X said:

Chuck Todd wants to be a smart aleck, but he can't handle Kelly. The clip they showed with Kelly vs Chuck  was stopped before Kelly was complaining about Obama alternative facts on Syria Libya etc. Chuck got frustrated.

and started laughing at Kelly so she blamed him for laughing at her. 

Its better for Chuck to realize what Kelly can do , so he can be prepared to defend the Obama alternative facts. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

It's been two months since the election, and Trump has spent those two months picking a cabinet that has run in complete contradiction of what he was campaigning on. He bamboozled people.If someone who voted for him now has second thoughts, that critical thinking should be encouraged, not ridiculed or dismissed. In fact, it's the opposite of the "normalization" of Trump that I've seen this show engage in.

If you were to compare the awesome MJ episode the Friday after the election, when  Michael Moore burned it down, to the episode last Friday with "tee hee Trump is a perfect gentleman off camera, isn't it great he answers his cell phone?" crap, it's hard to think this is the same show.

Exactly! Mika & Joe are losing credibility when they continue to brag about being Trumps best friend, yet demand all his advisors be fired the next day.

Joe was bragging that he advised Obama what to do in 2010 to fix some unnamed crisis. why does Joe think he knows all the answers ? 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, abbyzenn said:

First time I've watched since the election (to be perfectly honest - it's on tape and I haven't quite made it thru the whole thing yet) because I wanted to see how these two spun the weekend events.

Loved the opening - photos of the events to the Buffalo Springfield song - showing my age but it did bring back memories.

Regardless of how Mika and Joe want to spin it - it wasn't the fault of trump's advisors - it is trumps fault.  Why was so much time spent bashing Spicer when trump himself at the CIA said the press lied about the numbers.  So that "advisor" that should be fired is trump.

I wanted to go thru the tv and grab that Eddie Gaude by the throat and shake him.  As I recall, before the election he talked about how he wasn't voting because although he didn't like trump Hillary was horrible.  So now shut up about trump.  He was quite good in his criticism but the whole time I thought  you didn't know this stuff before the election? would Hillary have done this stuff?

Good effort trying to justify the smaller numbers for the inauguration on that DC is more accessible to Democrats = yeah just go with that thought.  Seems to me, just looking at the map that Pennsylvania, North Carolina, W Virginia, Tenn, Ohio, South Carolina are within driving distance.  Loved that someone (can't recall who) said even Bush's inauguration was bigger.

The problem with the election was that Glaude was explaining was that people in battleground state who would normally vote Democratic but decided to stay home. 

so either way, they will get away with it.

trump team lies

media calls them out

they lie more

rinse, wash, repeat

i sincerely have no clue how this can be fixed. kind of feel like it can't.

It's worrisome. The problem is, people generally - and this goes for all ideologies - like to hear from sources etc that share their own viewpoints. There's a reason why Dems don't watch Fox News. I just don't see an easy fix.

Chuck Todd wants to be a smart aleck, but he can't handle Kelly. The clip they showed with Kelly vs Chuck  was stopped before Kelly was complaining about Obama alternative facts on Syria Libya etc. Chuck got frustrated.

and started laughing at Kelly so she blamed him for laughing at her. 

Its better for Chuck to realize what Kelly can do , so he can be prepared to defend the Obama alternative facts. 

Ugh laughing is the worst thing anyone can do, it sets you up for the elitist/smug attack that the Trump supporters already have bought into.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, abbyzenn said:

It was very expensive to get hotel rooms if you are driving from Ohio. Chuck Todd was correct that the areas closest to DC are very democratic, so it's easy for them to come out and support A Democratic President

26 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

It's worrisome. The problem is, people generally - and this goes for all ideologies - like to hear from sources etc that share their own viewpoints. There's a reason why Dems don't watch Fox News. I just don't see an easy fix.

Ugh laughing is the worst thing anyone can do, it sets you up for the elitist/smug attack that the Trump supporters already have bought into.

Exactly,. Kelly used Chucks laugh against him to say he has been laughing at the Trump campaign since July 2015. She went on to mock him for not caring about Trumps crowds during the campaign but it was Ok if Hillary got a few hundred to show up. Chuck fell into her trap. 

1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

Mika, I don't know what fashion advice you rely on, but draping strips of fabric is not a fashion statement.  Do they have pockets sewn on the undersides for your Xanax & vodka flask? 

Or is it like the tie on the door knob signal. If Mika has a "scarf" (term used so loosely it's slipping off the page) around her neck, it means she & Joe got jiggy with it last night. 

Where does Mika get so many whacky scarves?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, oakville said:

It was very expensive to get hotel rooms if you are driving from Ohio. Chuck Todd was correct that the areas closest to DC are very democratic, so it's easy for them to come out and support A Democratic President.

Hundreds of thousands of marchers didn't seem to have that problem on Saturday.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, oakville said:

It was very expensive to get hotel rooms if you are driving from Ohio. Chuck Todd was correct that the areas closest to DC are very democratic, so it's easy for them to come out and support A Democratic President

Yes, Chuck was right that it was easier for people living in the DC area (I do) to come out and support a Democratic president.  However, what he conveniently left out were the hundreds of thousands who came to Obama's inaugurations who did not live in the DC area (especially his first one because it was so historic).  They came from all across the country.  I had relatives drive from Florida and Ohio and Michigan.   Also, many of them didn't have to get hotel rooms because they had relatives and friends to stay with.  And you can find reasonable hotel rates in the VA and MD suburbs, and metro can take you right to the Mall (that is, if it's working, lol).   

So yeah, Chuck can bite me.

Oops, forgot my relatives who drove from Pennsylvania.  Western Pennsylvania, Chuck.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

However throughout his campaign he was proven to be a lying liar who lies.  So, no one should be surprised that he's not keeping his campaign promises.  I guess that's why I have a hard time believing people who feel bamboozled by him.   

Kinda the people who excuse him when he says negative, racist, misogynist things.  "Oh he didn't really mean that"  He has shown you through and through the ugly person that he is. 

• Love 3

Yes, Chuck was right that it was easier for people living in the DC area (I do) to come out and support a Democratic president.  However, what he conveniently left out were the hundreds of thousands who came to Obama's inaugurations who did not live in the DC area (especially his first one because it was so historic).  They came from all across the country.  I had relatives drive from Florida and Ohio and Michigan.   Also, many of them didn't have to get hotel rooms because they had relatives and friends to stay with.  And you can find reasonable hotel rates in the VA and MD suburbs, and metro can take you right to the Mall (that is, if it's working, lol).   

So yeah, Chuck can bite me.

Oops, forgot my relatives who drove from Pennsylvania.  Western Pennsylvania, Chuck.

Friends from Indiana drove to DC.  And we had a huge march here in Indianapolis 

• Love 3

I live in the DC area and people were putting marchers they didn't even know up in their homes. There was even a local fitness studio which allowed people to bunk there. I'm sure other private businesses and religious/cultural/social organizations did too.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Actually, Trump's actions and cabinet picks have been mostly in line with what I expected from him. I didn't vote for him, and unfortunately, he is reminding me why almost daily.

7 hours ago, Lana X said:

gaslighting.jpg

• Love 2

"Gaslight" was a movie with Ingrid Bergman and Charles Boyer. It relates more to psychological torture; the male character was trying to drive his wife insane.

I would classify what Conway, Spicer et al are doing as Orwellian; as Orwell noted about the Nazis during the war: 

Nazi theory indeed specifically denies that such a thing as "the truth" exists. ... The implied objective of this line of thought is a nightmare world in which the Leader, or some ruling clique, controls not only the future but the past. If the Leader says of such and such an event, "It never happened" – well, it never happened. If he says that two and two are five – well, two and two are five. This prospect frightens me much more than bombs.

• Love 3

Catching up with the end of the show. Tina Brown showed up. She was excited about the women's march. She said that Trump has to stop being Barnum & Bailey. Mika bragg d how brave she was to rip up the paper on the Paris Hilton news in 2007.She said Spicer should have done the same. Mika & Joe said they know Trump very well personally, so he has to get back to being himself. Joe said Trump like s Shumer & Pelosi more than Mitch McConnell. Trump will be busy meeting with CEOs today. Tina wanted more women to be CEOs. 

Joe said he was worried about Clinton was elected, but was happy with his inauguration speech. Joe forgot to mention that he ended up running against Clinton & voting to impeach him in 1998

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

"Gaslight" was a movie with Ingrid Bergman and Charles Boyer. It relates more to psychological torture; the male character was trying to drive his wife insane.

I would classify what Conway, Spicer et al are doing as Orwellian; as Orwell noted about the Nazis during the war: 

Yes, insanity in this case will just be the unfortunate side effect we all suffer.

Mika & Joe said they know Trump very well personally, so he has to get back to being himself.

Oh, dear God, he IS being himself! That's the fucking problem!

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

From the shallow end of the pool:

Because her hair is so short and she mostly wears clothing without collars, she uses the scarves to conceal the wire connecting her earpiece to the battery pack (or whatever it's called) on her back. Somehow, neurotic twit that she is, she came to see a dangling scarf as her signature look. It also provides a strong visual aid as she constantly checks her posture in the monitors. I really enjoy the mornings when she can't tame the damn things and fusses and fiddles with them ad nauseam, trying to trap them under her wrists until they hang "just so." I began noticing this when someone (Oakville?) suggested watching no one except her and the show has been infinitely more enjoyable for me since then.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, suomi said:

From the shallow end of the pool:

Because her hair is so short and she mostly wears clothing without collars, she uses the scarves to conceal the wire connecting her earpiece to the battery pack (or whatever it's called) on her back. Somehow, neurotic twit that she is, she came to see a dangling scarf as her signature look. It also provides a strong visual aid as she constantly checks her posture in the monitors. I really enjoy the mornings when she can't tame the damn things and fusses and fiddles with them ad nauseam, trying to trap them under her wrists until they hang "just so." I began noticing this when someone (Oakville?) suggested watching no one except her and the show has been infinitely more enjoyable for me since then.

Perhaps you solved the mystery!. I work with someone who shares the same ethnic background as Mika. She wears colorful scarves to work. During the Communist era in Poland, women wore scarves around their hair. Is Mika honoring her ethnic past? I vaguely recall a few years ago, Mika on the show  calling out people who post about what she is wearing every day on the show. She said she had to dress professionally while Joe could come in very casually. Does anyone remember the infamous Morning Joe commercial, with showing how the show's cast got to studio. ? Mika waking up in Donnie's bed, Joe with the soccer guy at some bar. Barnicle on a scooter etc. Mika got dressed in a sleeveless dress with her high heels. Joe staggered into the studio late. It was mind boggling that a news show would do that as a promotion.

Edited by oakville
spelling
  • Love 1

I found the clip of Chuck Todd interviewing Kelly Anne on yesterday's Meet The Press. I think that Mika & Joe tried to protect Chuck Todd by only editing the interview to stop when Chuck Todd started laughing at KAC & then calling the debate over crowd size ridiculous. Mika & Joe bragged that they would have cut off Kelly Anne if she acted that way during their interview. Kelly Anne has been doing those type of confrontational interviews since August. They didn't discuss the MLK Bust issue on Morning Joe. I wonder why? Mika did say that Chuck is one of her people . so perhaps they have to help him out when he gets filiblusterd by Kelly Anne.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZewmkqygDes

• Love 1

Joe had a good point about growing a movement, but the example of bringing in pro-lifers to speak at the Women's March would have been counterproductive.  That movement has a voice in power, and they have their own march next week.  Not only that, but the WM was about keeping the rights of women intact, not restricting them.  The pro-life people aren't going to give stage time to an activist that prefers choice.  Bring in some voices that could bridge the divide between the sides?  Yes.  But pro-life folks had no place at Saturday's event.

Final thought:

I really liked Mika's rant.  I only mention this because I usually don't like her rants.

OK, my actual final thought:

"You go girl!" <-Really?  Shut the fuck up, Donny.

Edited by revbfc
  • Love 4

Catching up with the end of the show. Tina Brown showed up. She was excited about the women's march. She said that Trump has to stop being Barnum & Bailey. Mika bragg d how brave she was to rip up the paper on the Paris Hilton news in 2007.She said Spicer should have done the same. Mika & Joe said they know Trump very well personally, so he has to get back to being himself. Joe said Trump like s Shumer & Pelosi more than Mitch McConnell. Trump will be busy meeting with CEOs today. Tina wanted more women to be CEOs. 

• Love 1

Joe will be sleeping on the couch tonight. Joe went on a rant against Saturdays women's march for not allowing pro life women to speak at the rally. Mika shrugged and Joe told her to stop shrugging.. Joe said no Swing voters in Iowa will change their minds based on that rally. Mika got mad and was mad at Joe. Mika said women were united and didn't likqeq Madonna shouting f bombs. Donnid defended Mika.

joe said that trumps Inauguration was a primal scream. No Democrats would be happy with that.

joe said Trump was gaining union support against the TPP. Joe said that Trump is showing the Midwest that he cares about unions. Joe said that fair trade is good.

mika is wearing a maroon sweater. No scarf.Joe started the show with a light blue sweater but switched to. A navy sweater at 630. Sweater watch continues.

joe and Mika were happy with the spicer press conference yesterday.

joe is mad about the newspaper articles focusing on the crowd size of the inauguration

the panel is worried about Trumps temperement

Edited by oakville
Spelling
  • Love 2

Joe said Trump likes union leaders more than CEO's or Republican leaders. Barnicle said that Trump likes to deal with union casino bosses.

Joe said that Trump is a good golfer.

Joe said big news is happening and they should stop focusing on his statements about 5 million illegals voting for Hillary

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe said big news is happening and they should stop focusing on his statements about 5 million illegals voting for Hillary

Does Joe know he works in news?  What's the big news? Why is it big?  Did Joe explain what the TTP does, what it doesn't do?  He's got a 3hr TV show about political news.  I feel as if that's an opportunity to discuss "big news."

Why is it not "big news" that Trump is telling one of the biggest lies in Presidential history?  He claims that the opposition party actively committed the biggest instance of voter fraud in the nation's history, a crime of treasonous proportions and if true would mark the crumbling of American government (something Trump wants his supporters to believe and act on).  Joe wants us to normalize Trump's lies.  Joe wants the lies to fade into white noise and let the axiom "if you repeat it enough, it must be true" to rule the day.  Joe wants "media" to be held in contempt by an undereducated populace who demonize the opposition party and media and mistrust every single thing about both entities.

I'm capable of holding the notion that trade agreements are a thing and the President intentionally lies continually in my mind at the same time, why can't Joe?

• Love 5