Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I particularly liked the bit where Mika got all huffy about how it's media bias that's driving this story. Everybody hates poor Trump. Ergo, nothing to see here. Move along.

Uh, Mika? Is there any chance it's bias that's making you avert your eyes?? Need to keep currying favor with your new BFF and his family.

ARGH.

Edited by Jordan Baker
  • Love 6
On 2017-01-09 at 0:28 PM, Mumbles said:

Joe should check how great the Betsy DeVos charter school initiarive turned out for poor students in Detroit. The Washington Post ran an article on this yesterday. (Preview: it didn't turn out well.)

Lol at their having Mike Allen, formerly of Politico, on in tbe first morning, plugging his new website. I wonder if it will be as insider-y and shallow as Politico was under his control.

Joe was excited that Allen will still provide free emails.

Wednesday recap. Mika is wearing a new grey sweater sigh a large collar. No scarf. Is she Catholic today?. Joe was in a pissy mood over the Buzzfeed memo.

Al Sharpton was on. He was happy to be invited to the White House party last Friday. He was happy about Obamas speech yesterday. 

• Love 2

This is getting ridiculous. I joked before that Mika and Joe were being blackmailed by Trump...but I'm sure it's true now.

Really, Joe? CNN, The Washington Post, and Tom Brokow aren't reliable sources? These publications/journalists are just chasing rumors?

And Mika. You used the word y'all. I can see who is doing your brainwashing. Clearly your colleague emailed you because you were embarrassing yourself so you had to backtrack.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Miss Slay said:

This is getting ridiculous. I joked before that Mika and Joe were being blackmailed by Trump...but I'm sure it's true now.

Really, Joe? CNN, The Washington Post, and Tom Brokow aren't reliable sources? These publications/journalists are just chasing rumors?

And Mika. You used the word y'all. I can see who is doing your brainwashing. Clearly your colleague emailed you because you were embarrassing yourself so you had to backtrack.

My favorite part this morning was when Mika said that the CNN story embarrassed her as a journalist. Really Mika? This is what embarrasses you? It should be about number 146 on the list. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

This is what I have always believed. Didn't he basically say that in one of his crazy August tweets? That some day he would tell the "real" story about Joe and his long-time insecure girlfriend? Of course he also said that we wouldn't believe what his investigators in Hawaii had uncovered, so he is a lying liar who lies just for the fuck of it. 

• Love 7

Thursday recap.

Mika is wearing a black top with a new turquoise scarf. Is this a New Adventist scarf?

Joe is wearing a navy blue sweater.

First topic. Trump vs the intelligence agencies.

Joe got into a fight with Barnicle. Joe said it's a new low for the media. Barnicle defended the CIA . Joe said the Ritz Carlton story was wrong. 

David ignatius is on the show.

Heilmann was happy that Trump agreed that Russia hacked the DNC.

cokie Roberts said trump needs the CIA.

Joe was happy about Little Marco growing up and attacking Tillerson over dead joiurnalists.

Joe is opposed to killing journalists

• Love 3

Joe & Heilemann made fun of Senator Corey Booker for going after Jeff Sessions. They said he wants to run for President in 2020. Joe said other Democrats were making fun of Corey Booker. 

Corey Booker used to be a frequent guest on Morning Joe when he was the Mayor of New York.

• Love 2

I like David ignatius. He defended the rest of the media for not reporting about Trump's activities at the Ritz in Russia. They could have released this information during the campaign. Unfortunately there was no proof of the incidents. 

Joe didn't like defending Marco Rubio.

joe is mad at Cokie Roberts. 

Cookie said that Rubio wants to run for President. The other GOP senators thought that Rubio was grandstanding. 

• Love 3

So according to joe this whole thing is a joke and not to be taken seriously? This attitude emboldens Republicans to vote against healthcare in the middle of the night. I don't see the humor.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Maire said:

So according to joe this whole thing is a joke and not to be taken seriously? This attitude emboldens Republicans to vote against healthcare in the middle of the night. I don't see the humor.

I think the problem is that They focused too much on Trump attacking CNN and not enough on the issues.

Mika & Joe always love to talk about optics of an event

• Love 2

Mayor of New York.

Hee, oakville, I bet you use cellphone voice texting for your recaps. Newark vs New York.  (I can't begin to tell you the things I have sent off w/o proofing the text first!  Yikes.  And who wants to proofread a text.  the only reason you text at all is to make life easier).  Anyway does anyone have a theory why Mika gave up her years of wearing sleeveless shift dresses for long sleeves and scarves?  I think perhaps spending too much time in the Bunker with Joe has affected her.

• Love 2

Anyway does anyone have a theory why Mika gave up her years of wearing sleeveless shift dresses for long sleeves and scarves? 

Maybe Joe tells her how to dress now and doesn't want her baring her arms and looking all hot and attracting other men. She is his property and must obey his rules. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Anyway does anyone have a theory why Mika gave up her years of wearing sleeveless shift dresses for long sleeves and scarves?  I think perhaps spending too much time in the Bunker with Joe has affected her.

Mika will be 50 in May.  (I'm 52.)  Even though Mika is a runner, I'm betting it has something to do with that tricep skin flap that as women age, no matter how firm the muscle, the skin stretches underneath the upper arm, causing a second wave as it were.   

Mika will be 50 in May.  (I'm 52.)  Even though Mika is a runner, I'm betting it has something to do with that tricep skin flap that as women age, no matter how firm the muscle, the skin stretches underneath the upper arm, causing a second wave as it were.   

I considered that (even though NO WAY do I have that myself hohoho) but Andrea Mitchell is 70 (!! good on her) and she still wears sleeveless all the time.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Hee, oakville, I bet you use cellphone voice texting for your recaps. Newark vs New York.  (I can't begin to tell you the things I have sent off w/o proofing the text first!  Yikes.  And who wants to proofread a text.  the only reason you text at all is to make life easier).  Anyway does anyone have a theory why Mika gave up her years of wearing sleeveless shift dresses for long sleeves and scarves?  I think perhaps spending too much time in the Bunker with Joe has affected her.

My mistake. I sometimes use an iPhone for recaps. It's annoying.

i missed the show after 7 am.

Did Joe reply to Sean Hannity's twitter attack on him. He said that Joe had skeletons in his closet and office. 

Corey Booker was the mayor or Newark, NJ.  Not NYC.

I won't watch Cokie Roberts on ABC Sunday with George Stephanopolous, so if she's got a gig on here, good for her.  Her claiming that Corey Booker should have saved his grandstanding for his 2020 presidential run pisses me off.  I hope that's not what he was thinking.  I hope he digs his heels in and makes this the most miserable four years of the republicans lives.

• Love 2

Mika has acknowledged her weight gain in the past year. She wrote a book about her eating disorder a few years ago. She was attacked for referring to her co author as a heavy or fatty person. It was weird.

Mika always used to look very made up. They used to have a segment where they would move to a cocktail table with high seats. Mika would show off her legs. It was like watching Fox News.

18 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yes, and Andrea Mitchell needs to cover up those chicken wings.

Andrea had chicken pox or polio as a child. Sometimes her skin condition is disturbing. 

I feel bad for her

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, oakville said:

Andrea had chicken pox or polio as a child. Sometimes her skin condition is disturbing. 

I feel bad for her

Sorry, I didn't know that.  I don't know how that affects arms, but I still think she should cover them up more.

All this talk of arm flaps reminds me of a segment I once heard on NPR about odd sayings and phrases. One caller offered "Hi, Betty". She gave a rather long description of a women in a dressing room who says to her friend, "Oh, look, there's Betty." And then, with a wave of her arm, she calls out "Hi, Betty." I think of this every time I wave.

It's even in the Urban Dictionary: "Noun. The extra fat and skin that hangs down and jiggles while waving. Plural: hi bettys. As if you were waving to your friend and saying "Hi Betty".

Michelle Obama might be the exception to all women eventually getting Hi Bettys.

But back to this morning's show . . . I saw a bit of the discussion with the Atlantic editor. The only part I really liked was Heilman imitating Trump ("You're rude! You're rude!")

Did anyone actually discuss how Trump is trying to bully reporters and shut down anyone who disagrees with him? I mean, has ex-journalist Mika, for example, expressed any concern about the First Amendment?

• Love 3

I gotta say, I'm with Joe and Heilman with Corey Booker. He was viewed as somewhat of a grandstander when he was mayor of Newark and the reputation has followed him to the Senate. His support of Wall Street and charter schools causes many progressives to view him with some wariness. Given that he has little interaction with Sessions, I'm not sure why *he* had to testify, in light that John Lewis, a venerable civil rights giant, was testifying as well.

• Love 2

I hate to say this, but I'm with Joe and Heilman, too.  Corey Booker has always struck me as too eager to show what a "great guy" he is.  There's just something about him that strikes me as inauthentic.  

• Love 1

I have thought that Mika changed the way she dresses as a "know Your Value" response to the sexy way the Fox News ladies dress as well as many other ladies in the media. Altho she has sexed it up in VF etc, it's possible Mika has made a conscious decision to dress comfortably and professionally, albeit somewhat casually as opposed to a bare arm, v neck sexy look. Her value is in her commentary and wittty patter not the display of her body. 

The women wearing summer dresses all year long on set does not match with the men wearing sweaters in summer.  which is it - hot or cold on the set??

While I find her a bit of a patsy in the conversations as well discussed in this forum I respect her decision to defy convention in her manner of dress.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, novhappy said:

I have thought that Mika changed the way she dresses as a "know Your Value" response to the sexy way the Fox News ladies dress as well as many other ladies in the media. Altho she has sexed it up in VF etc, it's possible Mika has made a conscious decision to dress comfortably and professionally, albeit somewhat casually as opposed to a bare arm, v neck sexy look. Her value is in her commentary and wittty patter not the display of her body. 

The women wearing summer dresses all year long on set does not match with the men wearing sweaters in summer.  which is it - hot or cold on the set??

While I find her a bit of a patsy in the conversations as well discussed in this forum I respect her decision to defy convention in her manner of dress.

I remember when Mika was interviewing Melanie last year, she dressed like Melania Trump. She wore high heels , short skirt& plenty of extra makeup. 

Joe on the hand is the worst dressed person on cable news

45 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I hate to say this, but I'm with Joe and Heilman, too.  Corey Booker has always struck me as too eager to show what a "great guy" he is.  There's just something about him that strikes me as inauthentic.  

I am surprised by the attack on Booker. He used to be a morning joe regular. He used to shovel people's snow when he was mayor. He was very funny on Twitter when he was mayor. 

• Love 1

I'm glad Cory Booker testified against Sessions. First of all, he's a fellow Senator, which says something. (Senators tend to not "go after" other Senators, but it's a new day!) And, two, he's one of only a few African Americans in the Senate and I'm sure this weighed on him.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I am surprised by the attack on Booker. He used to be a morning joe regular. He used to shovel people's snow when he was mayor. He was very funny on Twitter when he was mayor. 

Yes, I remember him shoveling the snow.  He made a big deal of it.  I'm not saying he's not a nice guy, but it seems he wants everyone to know it.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I find him too ambitious to a fault. He grandstands too much. But I don't think he's a bad guy though.

• Love 4

Friday recap. Mika is wearing a new scarf. It is grey with a pattern. Is she a New Adventist?. Joe is wearing his LL Bean navy blue sweater. Barnicle, Donny, Ratner are on the panel.

The show started with an extended montage of Trumps cabinet appointees disagreeing with everything Trump campaigned on. They showed a clip of Trump banning Muslims & Jeff Sessions being moderate.

Joe said Trump doesn't have yes men in his cabinet like Obama.

Joe mocked Ben Rhodes & called him a kid. Joe said Susan Rice was sidelined. By Obama.

Joe said Obama made a mess of foreign policy.

the panel agreed with Joe & liked Trumps cabinet selections.

There will be an investigation of Jim Comey.

Joe said Comey should resign because he made too many mistakes on the Clinton investigation.

Donny said Hillary lost because of the Comey investigation 10 days before the election.

the Hillary voters lead stopped. She was winning with early voters.

Mika took of her scarf.

She is wearing a top with half sleeves.

• Love 2

Mika & Joe complained about Obama not doing enough theatre. Joe said Trump knows exactly what he is doing when he is tweeting. Joe said Trump likes to get his base excited with Twitter. 

Joe mocked the media for focusing on his outlandish tweets. 

Barnicle was excited about Mad Dog & another general.

Joe said Trump is smarter than Obama because he will listen to his advisors.

joe said that Obama always thought he was the smartest guy in the room. 

• Love 2

I managed about 3 minutes of this mess this morning.

I listened on radio so don't know who was talking but Joe was practically giddy that everyone can now relax and breathe a sigh of relief 'cuz Trump's appointees aren't Trump. Much chortling all around until some brave soul went against the tide and said that he wasn't all that unconcerned and relaxed because ..., and Joe interrupted and talked over him asking, "Would you rather have John Bolton nominated and answering quesions?".

That was NOT what that person was trying to say but once Joe started bloviating I knew this guy's opinion was a lost cause and switched stations.

And I'm going to have to stop using "tide" in conversation because my mind now goes to Mika saying "Roll Tide". ugh and eyeroll 

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 2

well obama certainly cant do anything right according to Joe. *eye roll*  (damn it Mika) how annoying. 

joe: Barack made a huge mistake in marrying michelle and having 2 daughters with her. think about it. he could have won over more people if he had married heidi klum and had a few daughters, as well as sons

Mika: that is a good point. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

First, that isn't even remotely true.

Second, pot meet the kettle. 

Joe said he gets paid a lot of money to tell influencers what is happening. They are doing a special show next Friday from the dubliner in Washington dcDC 

• Love 1

Joe said he gets paid a lot of money to tell influencers what is happening

Joe gets paid a lot of money to sit in a television studio and run his mouth for two hours.  There are much better ways to find out what's happening in politics than listening to him. 

• Love 8

What a blowhard. First off, the first hour of this show is often just the same stories covered in "Way Too Early", with added bloviation. Second, the "influencers" are reading Politico and Hotline. The only thing this show brings to the table are its occasionally good guests.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

The only thing this show brings to the table are its occasionally good guests.

Who Joke talks over and belittles.

Pompous ass knowitall.

20 years from now:

Barnicle: Wow, those Sox! Joe, you know what the difficulties of being a member of Congr ...

Joe: Mike, nobody knows the troubles I saw and managed while I was a member. Here. is. how. it. is. done. It's how we did it. 

Mika: Where's my truck? Roll Tide! ::gazes at Joe::

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lana X said:

well obama certainly cant do anything right according to Joe. *eye roll*  (damn it Mika) how annoying. 

joe: Barack made a huge mistake in marrying michelle and having 2 daughters with her. think about it. he could have won over more people if he had married heidi klum and had a few daughters, as well as sons

Says the two who were probably sneaking around behind their spouse's back and are now divorced. Trump and his 3 marriages. Yup, something to aspire to. They have a hell of a nerve talking in their condescending way about Obama and Michelle's successful and loving marriage!

• Love 6

Does anyone wonder if there might, at some point, be a "bridge too far" moment for Meeekaah?  That she will be so horrified and disgusted by Drumpf that she will not be able to keep silent?  That she might just stand up and start screaming at Joe "I'm as mad as hell and..." then maybe throwing her coffee cup at him? Still full of coffee?   A person can dream.  

• Love 2

ell obama certainly cant do anything right according to Joe. *eye roll*  (damn it Mika) how annoying. 

Says the two who were probably sneaking around behind their spouse's back and are now divorced. Trump and his 3 marriages. Yup, something to aspire to. They have a hell of a nerve talking in their condescending way about Obama and Michelle's successful and loving marriage!

Wait what?  Joe actually said that??!!  That POTUS should have married Heidi Klum?  Marrying Michelle was a mistake? 

That's a pretty big pair of balls you have there Joey. Dissing the most admired woman in the world? 

• Love 1

Joe's  all over Ben Rhodes this morning. Obama's had a kid running foreign policy.  Left Kerry and the rest out there on their own, blah blah.

Donnie, sarcastically mumbled, well, now we'll have Jared Kurshner making middle east policy. And Mika mumbled back, well he is 36.

Joe, Mika and Barnnicle, in seven days, you won't have President Obama to kick around anymore.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Kemper said:

Does anyone wonder if there might, at some point, be a "bridge too far" moment for Meeekaah?  That she will be so horrified and disgusted by Drumpf that she will not be able to keep silent?  That she might just stand up and start screaming at Joe "I'm as mad as hell and..." then maybe throwing her coffee cup at him? Still full of coffee?   A person can dream.  

Mika set fire to a piece of paper with a report on Paris Hilton in 2007. She threw it into a garbage can on live tv. Willie had to put out the fire. It was a big moment for the show. Mika is trying to drag Joe to Bernie Sanders tour.

Mika said she was a strong supporter of Bernie & liked his wife Jane. 

I think Mika has really calmed down since the election. She is happy that Joe is back being friendly with Trump. They get to be part of the cool kids again. Ratings for Morning Joe are above 700k , which is very high for a post election period.

On 2017-01-13 at 0:42 PM, Mumbles said:

What a blowhard. First off, the first hour of this show is often just the same stories covered in "Way Too Early", with added bloviation. Second, the "influencers" are reading Politico and Hotline. The only thing this show brings to the table are its occasionally good guests.

I think the interviews in the last hour are usually more in depth. I wish the show would freshen up the regulars list. 

• Love 3
On 2017-01-13 at 11:55 AM, teddysmom said:

Joe gets paid a lot of money to sit in a television studio and run his mouth for two hours.  There are much better ways to find out what's happening in politics than listening to him. 

I wouldn't mind having his job. He makes $8m per year. He has his own bunker. We don't have bunkers in Oakville. 

Joe has been getting better scoops since Trump was elected. Trump watches him on a regular basis. Joe uses his camera time to bash his enemies, and tries to convince Trump to support his positions and his recommended nominees.

• Love 2
On 2017-01-13 at 9:53 AM, teddysmom said:

First, that isn't even remotely true.

Second, pot meet the kettle. 

Joe has always believed that Obama should have waited to run for President in 2008 because he didn't have enough experience. Joe wanted Hillary to win in 2008. He kept calling her his girlfriend. I think Joe would have been ok with Hillary picking Obama as her VP. 

• Love 1
On Fri Jan 13 2017 at 7:47 AM, oakville said:

Mika & Joe complained about Obama not doing enough theatre. Joe said Trump knows exactly what he is doing when he is tweeting. Joe said Trump likes to get his base excited with Twitter. 

Joe mocked the media for focusing on his outlandish tweets. 

I love the strategy of soon referring to Trump's tweets as Presidential statements (instead of tweets). Will make him appear even more ridiculous (if such a thing is possible).

I also think that every time Joe complains about Herr Trump being treated unfairly, the wah wah trumpet needs to play. Loudly.

Edited by QQQQ
Because accidentally inserting a link to MST3K's Giant Spider Invasion seemed a bit out of context. On second thought...
  • Love 8
On 1/14/2017 at 2:51 PM, oakville said:

Mika set fire to a piece of paper with a report on Paris Hilton in 2007. She threw it into a garbage can on live tv. Willie had to put out the fire. It was a big moment for the show. Mika is trying to drag Joe to Bernie Sanders tour.

Mika said she was a strong supporter of Bernie & liked his wife Jane. 

I think Mika has really calmed down since the election. She is happy that Joe is back being friendly with Trump. They get to be part of the cool kids again. Ratings for Morning Joe are above 700k , which is very high for a post election period.

I think the interviews in the last hour are usually more in depth. I wish the show would freshen up the regulars list. 

I think they're running out of people who will put up with Joe.

• Love 5