Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I want to know if Joe thinks he's Ben Bradlee in this situation?  And Donald Trump is JFK?  His face is the same color as Kennedy's hair. 

Maybe Trump could get Joe & his band to play at the inauguration, with special guest appearance by Yoko Brzezinski. They're playing this weekend at some club in Manhattan. Please tell me no one is actually paying a cover charge to hear this idiot pretend he's Paul McCartney. 

His twitter feed is ridiculous with the  name dropping of bands, "now I'm listening to REM... " or whatever band he heard on Pandora a few hours ago. 

Hey Joe, I'm listening to the soundtrack to Hamilton! Top that! 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

"now I'm listening to REM... " or whatever band he heard on Pandora a few hours ago. 

"It's the End of the World as We Know It" would be appropriate.

But, ACK . . . don't give the Trump folks any idea. Joe playing the inauguration, with Mika on tambourine?

I need wine.

• Love 3

Ha! I guess I'm not the only Joy Reid fan here. Hope she gets her own prime time gig soon.

When Joy first started on Saturdays & Sundays and she was trending on Twitter and everyone was realizing how awesome she was Joe threw a little fit during the week, making fun of people who thought twitter was so cool and Ooh who's trending on twitter.

He's disgusting.  And as evidenced this week, has the emotional maturity of a three year old. No wonder he & Cheetoh Face are besties. 

• Love 2

Ugh. Now I am having flashbacks to Joe actually singing on "The View" a few years ago. It's on YouTube if anyone hates themselves. It has a video screen background and everything.

Hipster vinyl-loving Joe is yet another persona, along with Nantucket Kennedy Joe and Upper West Side Joe, that is completely antithetical to the aw shucks panhandle regular guy that was elected to Congress.

• Love 3

I don't know if that's called his "signature" line under his name but "don't think twice it's alright" is not reassuring.

And the (Neiman?) "artwork" on his "Music"  page  is embarrassing. Lilly-garbed Mika chasing Joe through the Nantucket dunes? Spare me.

'Daily News: Joe Scarborough, anchor by day, rocker by night

Joe Scarborough’s tie is gone, his shirt’s unbuttoned and there’s a guitar slung over his shoulder.

By day, the cable news and talk radio host and Republican former Congressman co-hosts MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” But this is Nighttime Joe — and he’s rocking.

“It’s dangerous for a Republican to be out on the Upper West Side,” Scarborough jokes from the small stage at Prohibition, a bar and restaurant on Columbus Ave. near 84th St."

gag

• Love 3

Friday Recap. Joe is back on set with a navy sweater. Posh Katty is in Washington. Little Donny is on set. JB Meacham is there. Willie is on set. Mika is off today. She is supervising the additions to the wardrobe closet. There is not enough room for her United Religion of Benetton scarf collection.

The topics are Trump vs the CIA. Joe said that they will convince Trump not to mess with him.

Joe said Trump will make deals with Putin.

Joe blasted Obama for allowing Russia to invade Crimes Ukraine & Georgia.

Heileman said Obama & Bill Clinton did better with working class voters than Hillary.

• Love 2

This show sux donkey dix.

Tried to listen en route work but when Joe started talking about how Trump's tweet about Apprentice ratings would have to have media attention because it's a sexy and entertaining story I had to switch stations. Sexy. No words.

And how can they not cover his cavalcade through NYC to meet with GCarter? ::sarcasm::

To hell with his "intelligence" briefing??

At least Eugene had the good grace to say he woke up this morning not believing what was happening. I wish he hadn't started that thought with, "For the first time..."

Meanwhile on CNN Chris did a great job trying to get KAC to answer anything. Even conceding her deflection-points to get her back to his original question. Slippery ass. CBS This Morning pretty much let her prattle on.

And now I'm in a horrible mood. Hullo work.

• Love 3

And now I'm in a horrible mood. Hullo work.

I dvr'd Joy subbing on All In and Rachel last night and watched them this morning. It is wonderful to start the day with actual information, conversation and intelligence. 

Joe blasted Obama for allowing Russia to invade Crimes Ukraine & Georgia.

As opposed to this bullshit.  President Obama didn't "allow it", Joe.  I'm pretty sure Vlad didn't call POTUS up and ask him if it was okay. 

And last time I checked, we put sanctions on Russia for just these types of actions. You fucking idiot. 

• Love 9

Tried to listen en route work but when Joe started talking about how Trump's tweet about Apprentice ratings would have to have media attention because it's a sexy and entertaining story I had to switch stations

playboy is also sexy. Maybe we should screw real news and just study and analyze naked women instead. 

joe: look at those tits

Mika: I dont get it. i have tits too. *eye roll*

joe: I was just told we nuked switzer- WHOA. check out this picture. what an ass

Mika: you never talk to me that way *eye roll*

• Love 3

I'm not the biggest Donnie fan but his comment that Trump is probably watching the show right now "over his bowl of Count Chockula" made me laugh out loud. Trump is known for his childlike palette.

Heileman said Obama & Bill Clinton did better with working class voters than Hillary.

Yeah I was very surprised they opened this show with this discussion yet again, and two months after the election, but welcomed it because that campaign's failures and hubris cannot be emphasized enough, lest they repeat themselves in other campaigns in 2/4 years. As the Biden quote they discussed says it, people don't expect government to solve all their problems, but they expect it to understand their problems. 

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, NewDigs said:

And the (Neiman?) "artwork" on his "Music"  page  is embarrassing. Lilly-garbed Mika chasing Joe through the Nantucket dunes? Spare me.

I don't know whether to love or hate you for making me click, damn it. The fuq is that mess? It looks like a douche, not so-fresh-feeling ad all done up in pastels. Because one thing both of them need help with is freshness. They reek. 

I think I'll choose the high road and love you because I'm cackling like a rabid hyena at the idea of Joe Blunderbuss, serious rocker and put upon Republican. Dude, seriously...artists are supposed to suffer, doncha know? Use the pain, Joe. Use the pain.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I dvr'd Joy subbing on All In and Rachel last night and watched them this morning. It is wonderful to start the day with actual information, conversation and intelligence. 

As opposed to this bullshit.  President Obama didn't "allow it", Joe.  I'm pretty sure Vlad didn't call POTUS up and ask him if it was okay. 

And last time I checked, we put sanctions on Russia for just these types of actions. You fucking idiot. 

Joe has been mockingObama for being weak on Syria & Russia. Joe said that Obama could have provided more weapons to Ukraine for defending against Russia.

joe said Trump is smart for playing games with Russia & China. 

Joe said the sanctions aren't deterring Russia's behavior 

51 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

I'm not the biggest Donnie fan but his comment that Trump is probably watching the show right now "over his bowl of Count Chockula" made me laugh out loud. Trump is known for his childlike palette.

Yeah I was very surprised they opened this show with this discussion yet again, and two months after the election, but welcomed it because that campaign's failures and hubris cannot be emphasized enough, lest they repeat themselves in other campaigns in 2/4 years. As the Biden quote they discussed says it, people don't expect government to solve all their problems, but they expect it to understand their problems. 

I loved the Count Chokila joke. Joe got serious with donnie & said he didn't know what Trump eats for breakfast.

Joe will not tolerate potshots at Trump unless he makes them himself

Edited by oakville
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, oakville said:

Joe has been mockingObama for being weak on Syria & Russia. Joe said that Obama could have provided more weapons to Ukraine for defending against Russia.

joe said Trump is smart for playing games with Russia & China. 

Joe said the sanctions aren't deterring Russia's behavior

And now Trump has his own puppet. 

• Love 4

And the (Neiman?) "artwork" on his "Music"  page  is embarrassing. Lilly-garbed Mika chasing Joe through the Nantucket dunes? Spare me.

What the fuck is this??!?!!??  

It's like he made a web page off squarespace.com and then forgot about it. 

I noticed he hasn't had any Diary entries since last May.

January 6, 2017

Dear Diary - Mika is acting so weird, could it be her monthly visitor?  I know she adores me because who wouldn't? I mean, my squinty eyes, my refusal to listen to others' opinions, my belief in my music, my two divorces, my constant beliittling what's not to love?   Also, she wouldn't know Donald if it wasn't for me. Plus we're going to Moscow next month. SHhhh no one is supposed to know!!  So glad I convinced her to divorce whathisname. I'm sure the girls will get over it, someday. Maybe I should invite them to my next jam session at Prohibition. Why hasn't the manager called me back to book our next gig? We were gettin' jiggy with it last night, I tell ya.   

More later Diary

Joey

• Love 7
1 hour ago, potatoradio said:

I don't know whether to love or hate you for making me click, damn it. The fuq is that mess? It looks like a douche, not so-fresh-feeling ad all done up in pastels. Because one thing both of them need help with is freshness. They reek. 

I think I'll choose the high road and love you because I'm cackling like a rabid hyena at the idea of Joe Blunderbuss, serious rocker and put upon Republican. Dude, seriously...artists are supposed to suffer, doncha know? Use the pain, Joe. Use the pain.

That picture reminds me of that mural M&J have in their office. Same disgusting dynamic depicted between them--Joe, a big, strong he-man in the lead,  Mika, small (not life like proportions to him, dwarfed by him) and always following WAY behind him.  What kind of image of a "partner" is that (much less a lover)? 

Could his enormous ego be any more obvious than in these pictures he chooses to represent their relationship and how he totally and completely dominates and overshadows her in it--or how subservient and "in the background" he sees her?

• Love 2

Well, having read the excellent Gabriel Sherman biography of Roger Ailes, one of my takeaways is that Hannity is a beady-eyed, grifty little moron. Seriously, dumb as a post and a real worm. So I would take everything he says with a big grain of salt.

But I wouldn't dismiss it outright. On one hand, hanging out with the mouthbreathers at Fox wouldn't fit in with Joe's cultivated persona.  On the other hand - it is all about the Benjamin's with this bunch. 

Another possibility is that Joe was sniffing around sometime in the past, when Fox was in better shape. With Megyn Kelly leaving, it really does seem to be hobbling. And Greta is now at MSNBC too. Ailes was a disgusting psychopath, but he knew how to run that shitshow, and his absence has made a difference. 

• Love 1

I don't doubt that Joe has inquired about working at Fox at some point, especially during contract re-negotiation time. It doesn't mean that it was recently.

Also, as annoying as Joe can be, he is 100% better than Hannity in my opinion. I truly cannot stand Hannity.

Edited by cased
  • Love 2

Considering  Joe's MSNBC "powers" I was thinking he was maybe sniffing around for FOXers who might jump ship to MSNBC. And be one of Mika's "people".

(lotsa' snips boldings mine)

'For years, Scarborough complained—bitterly in private and not even all that cryptically in public—about the network's lefty slant. But since Andy Lack retook the reins of NBC News last year, he's demoted or jettisoned many of the more ideologically driven MSNBC hosts—from Al Sharpton to Ed Schultz to Melissa Harris-Perry. At the same time, Lack has elevated hosts like Chuck Todd, Andrea Mitchell, and Halperin and John Heilemann—or, as Brzezinski described them to me, "our people." Scarborough appreciates the changes: "I couldn't have said this for a very long time, but I like the people who are on MSNBC. I like the shows that are on MSNBC."

The bunkers! (tm @oakville)

'Some mornings he connects from New Canaan, Connecticut—from a studio the network set up for him in his home; occasionally, he beams in from a public-access station on Nantucket, where he likes to vacation.

Holy crap. That ridiculous painting is a Peter Max. I used to admire his work.

'Visitors to the show's invite-only headquarters are immediately greeted by a giant Peter Max painting of Scarborough and Brzezinski strolling along a beach dune in Nantucket.'

I don't know how many times I've linked and skimmed/read that article and every single time I am amazed at the hubris displayed.

• Love 3

It's "funny." Just when we need media and pundits who will hold politicians' feet to the fire, we're getting the exact opposite at MSNBC. We're getting "Joe's people" which is now the equivalent of Ryan's/McConnell's/Trump's people. I wonder how long Joy Reid, Chris Hayes, Rachel Maddow, and Lawrence O'Donnell will have their jobs at MSNBC.

• Love 6

I think Mika does have cats. I think she also has dogs. She's a big proponent of animal rescue groups.

I can't believe it. The show has said two things that I strongly agree with - that the intelligence report released to the public is incredibly weak on facts and backup, and that Trump's opposition needs to focus on his idelogocal cabinet rather than get into fights about Meryl Streep.

Monday recap. Mika is back wearing a tight fitting red sweater. Joe is wearing his navy fleece. Mika Allen is back with glasses and a new company. Axios. Joe said Trump shouldn't tweet about Meryl Streep. He's too think skinned. Joe then took a shot at Sean Hannity. He said that he was too pro Russia. Joe said the unclassified DNI didn't have as much evidence as expected. Heileman said many things went wrong for Hillary. Joe said comedy was worse than the Russians. 

Joe said Trump shouldn't tweet on weekends.

joe likes Jared lush dress.

joe didn't like the golden globes. He said Layla land was over rated.

• Love 2

Apparently Greta van Sustern is now with MSNBC too, in addition to Megan Kelly?  With is it with this fleeing away from FoxNoNews?  Now that Obama is leaving, FoxNoNews has absolutely nothing to talk about, nothing whatsoever at all. No reason for its existence anymore.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Trump's opposition needs to focus on his idelogocal cabinet rather than get into fights about Meryl Streep.

I agree with this 100%. I'm tired of arguing with people that their attempts to influence/overturn the Electoral College, etc. are counterproductive and miss the point. Focus on the policies these people will be advancing, not on speeches, Tweets, personalities, or procedural maneuvers that are doomed to fail.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Eliot said:
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Trump's opposition needs to focus on his idelogocal cabinet rather than get into fights about Meryl Streep.

I agree with this 100%.

Really?  What is the #1 reason Joe Scarborough loathes President Obama?  From Joe's own description, it's because Obama wasn't polite to his opponents.  Obama wouldn't bend over backwards to accommodate those who were attacking Obama.  Joe's favorite reason why Obama's was a failed Presidency... he couldn't unite.  He wouldn't have cocktail parties.  He was stubborn.
The left and center doesn't have to play nice or sit quietly while the President elect pulls his pants down and sucks his thumb in public.  They can, and should, eviscerate Trump for having an ill-disciplined, soft mind while at the same time criticizing the bat shit ideologues staffing his cabinet.

• Love 10

Trump insulting Meryl Streep won't destroy the public schools. Betsy DeVos will. Trump goofing on Chuck Schumer won't eviscerate the environmental laws and regulations; Trump's EPA will. Trump mocking Arnold Schwarzenegger won't destroy workers' rights; Trump's Labor Department will.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

Really?  What is the #1 reason Joe Scarborough loathes President Obama?  From Joe's own description, it's because Obama wasn't polite to his opponents.  Obama wouldn't bend over backwards to accommodate those who were attacking Obama.  Joe's favorite reason why Obama's was a failed Presidency... he couldn't unite.  He wouldn't have cocktail parties.  He was stubborn.
The left and center doesn't have to play nice or sit quietly while the President elect pulls his pants down and sucks his thumb in public.  They can, and should, eviscerate Trump for having an ill-disciplined, soft mind while at the same time criticizing the bat shit ideologues staffing his cabinet.

The trouble is, given our myopic, ratings-obsessed, shock-addicted media, Trump's Twitter tantrums become THE story and there is no room for anything else. There is horrible, insidious damage about to be inflicted on this country that goes beyond Trump's feud-of-the-week.

In fact, I'd argue that a truly responsible morning "news & analysis" show should treat Trump like the  lightweight nitwit he is and just ignore his little outbursts entirely. That would have the added benefit of utterly infuriating him.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 6

Joe likes Betsy Devos Charter School proposals. Joe said African Americans want charter school vouchers because public schools in the inner city are bad. Why don't they do a town hall on what people in the inner cities want? 

• Love 1

Joe should check how great the Betsy DeVos charter school initiarive turned out for poor students in Detroit. The Washington Post ran an article on this yesterday. (Preview: it didn't turn out well.)

Lol at their having Mike Allen, formerly of Politico, on in tbe first morning, plugging his new website. I wonder if it will be as insider-y and shallow as Politico was under his control.

• Love 2

Tuesday recap. Joe is in mourning because Alabama lost a football game. Mika was confused about the orange helmet team. Today is defend Trumps appointments day. Joe is going overboard for Jared Kushner. He said he was a moderating influence on Trump. Joe said that Flynn was more moderate in private than in public.

Mika's hair is a bit different today. She is wearing a black top with her blotchy red Presbyterian scarf.

Everyone loves Jared according to Joe. Mika said she knows Ivanka well.

The panel was excited the confirmation fight over Sessions. Booker will testify against Sessions.

Eddie Glau said that Sessions was bad for. I like Rights, LGBTQ & African Americans.

Richard Haas has a new book. Mika was squealing over the book.

Valery Jarret will be on the show.

Mika was happy that Greta will be on MSNBC.

• Love 2

Mika trashed Hillary for the email scandal. She said she should have known about the private server would come back to bite her.

Joe trashed CNN . Mika called them a bunch of idiots for believing Hillary about her secure server.

Joe is going back to complaining about the debt.

Chaffetz wants to finish the Hillary email investigation

• Love 1

Joe likes Betsy Devos Charter School proposals. Joe said African Americans want charter school vouchers because public schools in the inner city are bad. Why don't they do a town hall on what people in the inner cities want? 

Hey Joe. Here's a concept. Take the money going for vouchers and FIX THE FUCKING INNER CITY SCHOOLS! 

• Love 6

The Jared lovefest this morning was hard to stomach. He's a billionaire's son, who, given those resources and security, chose only to buy himself a newspaper (which by all accounts he is driving into the ground) and engaged in the family trade (and managed to buy a lot of property in Brooklyn which isn't event zoned for his intended use. Oopsie.) What has he done to earn the admiration and idolation of this crew? (Shame on DiBlasio for joining the chorus and giving these clowns some cover.) 

Thus it was funny at the end when the business reporter discussed Jared's shady meeting with some member of the Chinese political ruling class about buying some of his real estate. I guess trade deals with China are okay, sometimes. 

• Love 2

Shame on Wille. This morning he tried to explain away Jason Chaffetz's vile behavior that even Joe wasn't buying.

Willie says Chaffetz has to cover his ass so his investigation won't look political, like he wasn't trying to damage Hillary during the campaign.  Joe says it's silly.  I would use pathetic to describe Chaffetz's  behavior.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

It simply amazes me this crew's unerring ability to find the least meaningful facet of any given "bad for Twitler" story and make that the only facet of the story they talk about and they deride anyone talking about anything else as not part of the in crowd.  

• Love 1

A former Morning Joe guest Christiya Freeland was promoted to the American Equivalent of Secretary of State. She is of Ukrainian descent so Putin banned her from visiting Russia after Canada imposed sanctions on Russia. 

I think she will be appearing on Morning Joe soon . She has to meet with Rex Tillerson soon during the n xt Canada USA meeting

• Love 1

Bloody hell. Joe and his crew of idiot cronies spent months blathering about every fucking email of Hillary's that was released by Wikileaks even though it was stolen material and much of it proven to be untrue but when it comes to the orange buffoon, and information released by American security sources it's all sceptical and not to be believed and should be ignored by the media. I just can't.

• Love 7

Shok, not only did they discuss every wikileak Media read it in her quivery voice with disappointed tone. No golden showers jokes Joe?

They are so entrenched with Drumpf now this can't be true.

• Love 1

WTF, indeed. Then again, the American public was provided with nothing but compromising personal information about Trump for the past 18 months and look where that got us. From Herr Trump's words and actions he's shown repeatedly that he is a misogynistic, racist, cheating, thin-skinned, mean, cold-hearted, hot-headed, bombastic, self-promoting, lying, contradictory, vengeful, Twitter-addicted, egotistical, litigious-happy, integrity-free, tax-evading, draft-dodging, dangerous, crybaby buffoon. What's left for the Russians to divulge or Morning Joe pundits to discuss? I shudder to think of the possibilities...

• Love 7

This show has become almost unwatchable. They spend day after day reminding us about how hard they were on Trump, how they asked the tough questions but didn't get answers, yet they just do the work of Priebus without hesitation. When Priebus complains about having to deal with one crazy thing after another, why not remind him of the fact that his pissy boss asked Putin to look into HRC emails? Why not remind him that everyone with an ounce of smarts has been scratching their heads with all the Putin love? Why not remind him that Trump spent years running around telling a story about a missing birth certificate when there was no proof to back up the claims? Why not remind him that Trump always had a special place in his heart for "fake news" for years, being one of the great conspiracy theorists? I was waiting for someone to say, "hey, can you understand why this story might have some credibility to some based on Trump's own behavior over the last year"?

They are beyond frustrating in their faux outrage over the wrong thing. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9