Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Watching for 10 minutes this morning and saw KAC who made a point of saying "thank you Mika for your friendship and counsel." Gross.

And all that time Mika's screaming in her head "SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!! NO ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO KNOW"

Great interview in Vanity Fair with one of the first producers of The Apprentice. He states that Trump did the show because his "empire" was crumbling, and he needed something to re market himself as this powerful, uber wealthy deal maker.  The guy states "did we think this buffoon with the crazy hair would one day be leading this country?"  Uh, no. 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

And all that time Mika's screaming in her head "SHUT UP!!! SHUT UP!! NO ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO KNOW"

I know!  I was cracking up, because you could see the look on KAC's face that she was having fun putting Mika on blast.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Great interview in Vanity Fair with one of the first producers of The Apprentice. He states that Trump did the show because his "empire" was crumbling, and he needed something to re market himself as this powerful, uber wealthy deal maker.  The guy states "did we think this buffoon with the crazy hair would one day be leading this country?"  Uh, no. 

Wow!

Between the Apprentice/Trump piece and the Morning Joe  articles I might have to subscribe to VanityFair.

And they even caught the uber-ambitious (deluded) Joe testing the waters.

'After the presidential inauguration in January, Joe (no fan of Mitt Romney’s—”I’ve been very critical”) plans on publishing a memoir that will serve—no joke—as a vehicle to test the waters for a presidential run in 2016. Take that, Mr. Romney.'

insert eyerolls here.

• Love 2

I might have to subscribe to VanityFair.

You mean the terrible about to close down Vanity Fair?

"Has anyone looked at the really poor numbers of @VanityFair Magazine. Way down, big trouble, dead! Graydon Carter, no talent, will be out!" @realDonaldTrump 12 Dec 2106. 

• Love 1

Thursday recap: Mika was wearing a black turtleneck with a grey sweater. She is not wearing any scarves today.Is that what Catholics wear? Joe was wearing a navy blue blazer with a pink shirt. Steele had a Christmas sweater on. 

Joe said the GOP will lose in 2018 if they don't improve on Ibamacare.

They made fun of John Bolton. 

Jod bragged that Exxon does more business in 200 countries than the State Department.

Joe was upset that Europe has no borders. Terrorists can go wherever they want. 

The panel applauded Trump for saying that the Berlin attack was an attack on all of humanity rather than just Christianity.

Its weird that they don't discuss the victims iN Germany as much as they did in Paris.

Joe said they need a centralized police for Europe 

They showed the clip of Trump saying that he was right about the Muslim ban & extreme vetting of Terrorists

Mika must be furious thatKAc considers her to be a friend & couselor. Mika & Joe should not get too close to the people they cover politically.

The inauguration will be hilarious with Mika & Joe getting wasted on the White House Lawn.

They usually get a tent or booth on theVapitol building

• Love 3

From the VF article

You can’t find anyone on CNN, you can’t find someone on MSNBC, who has been tougher.

Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes, Chris Matthews, JoyAnne Reid, Ari Melber, Lawrence O'Donnell

CNN - Chris Cuomo, Anderson Cooper

Other - Jake Tapper, George Stephanopolous, John Dickerson, Scott Pelley. 

Those are just off the top of my head.  Should I go on, Joe, or is that list long enough for you?

Give me a fucking break. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, captain1 said:

O holy heck - are they wearing complementary Christmas jammies this morning?  And Mika is accenting hers with an Episcopal scarf (tm Oakville?)

You made me look!

That's just embarrassing. I don't think I've ever see slippers like Joe's in mens' sizes. Hmmm. What's that picture over the fireplace?

Who did Joe just allude to as a "classless punk"?  Trump??? For his "unconventional communications style"?

I can't.

• Love 3

O holy heck - are they wearing complementary Christmas jammies this morning?  And Mika is accenting hers with an Episcopal scarf (tm Oakville?)

I know!! Just coming here to say that!  Could Mika be giving an oakville shout-out!!!!

What does it all matter since we will be nuked by the 31st (as evidenced by Trumps latest highly disciplined tweet).  And we were informed that Trump personally called Mika  about it this AM.  Mika Brezinski = KAC with a better colorist......

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 6

I'll never watch the show again, but I am curious what this particular Trump propaganda outlet has to say about Trump's nuclear policy Tweets.

Watch Rachel Maddow from Thursday night, it should be online. She interviewed KAC for the entire hour and it was covered extensively. And by that I mean Rachel pressed KAC as much as she could, she could not get Kellyanne to admit that Trump tweeting shit like this is reckless and can cause an international incident.

• Love 2

I watched Rachel Maddow interview Kellyanne Conway this morning for an hour.  You can imagine the mood I was in when I turned on MJ and saw what Mika & Joe were wearing.

If I had been one of the panel and walked on and saw that I would have told them, Nope, I don't give a shit if it's Christmas morning. You two clowns put on some clothes and stop acting like you're hosting Good Morning Syracuse. 

And then at 8 am they switch to easy chairs in front of a fire, in the pajamas, while the scroll at the bottom of the screen says "Trump replies to Mika "Let it be an arms race".

We are SO fucked. 

• Love 8

I'm away from home, so I didn't see the show today, but I can't believe they did the show in pajamas. In normal circumstances it would be weird, but given their personal circumstances it's a little creepy. 

On top of that, after their "breaking news", photos of them sitting in their pajamas in front of a fireplace is all over the news. 

• Love 4

The first couple minutes, in the behind-the-desk opening, I thought they were wearing flannel shirts (with the obligatory scarf on her part, of course). Then she cocked her hip so that one leg was visible and I was like "Daaaamn, she's wearing pajamas?!?" And then, the next shot, leg crossed in her direction, I sees that HE IS ALSO in pajamas. And it only got worse (Mom and Dad in their jammies in front of the fireplace). So postured, so calculated, these two ...

(So, did they knock off a piece before or after the show? Or both?)

• Love 3

T

he first couple minutes, in the behind-the-desk opening, I thought they were wearing flannel shirts (with the obligatory scarf on her part, of course). Then she cocked her hip so that one leg was visible and I was like "Daaaamn, she's wearing pajamas?!?" And then, the next shot, leg crossed in her direction, I sees that HE IS ALSO in pajamas. And it only got worse (Mom and Dad in their jammies in front of the fireplace). So postured, so calculated, these two ...

I know! I turned it on and was like "wtf does Mika have on? A robe? With a scarf?  Then I saw her legs and I just start yelling at the tv "ARE THEY WEARING PAJAMAS?? PAJAMAS?"  

I just tweeted at Joe that if Phil Griffin had any balls he'd tear up their contracts, and what's next they just start making out on camera? 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, may flowers said:

I'm so looking forward to oakville's recap. The show just seemed surreal today and,the hosts were more smug than usual, if possible. 

5 hours ago, may flowers said:

I'm so looking forward to oakville's recap. The show just seemed surreal today and,the hosts were more smug than usual, if possible. 

The recap is delayed to some laptop issues I am having. They usually do the show in para as but behind a desk.I have no clue where the fireplace came from. I have some errands to run but will do a full recap later with some eggnog & rum.

i do like joes pyjamas. Are they Ralph Lauren? Mikva looks cute in her red Panamax and white scarf. Is that a United Church of Christ scarf? 

• Love 2

Having a nuclear arms race discussion withe President-elect - so casually - with TV hosts in their pajamas. 

Pigs are flying .

We all really should complain, en masse,  to Griffin and the other suits at MSNBC.

They make the 3rd hour of Today usual silliness seem like Cronkite. 

This is beyond horrifying.

Morning Joe jammies.jpg

Edited by Bossa Nova
Need to keep venting my UTTER HORROR
  • Love 7

Not to mention, their "Breaking News" was basically hearsay. 

That Trump comment:

'And in a phone call with Mika (yeah) Trump said, oh wait, we don't know exactly what Trump said because it was an OFF CAMERA phone call with Mika. So we only have her reporting to go on. Got that?'

crooksandliars is not the only outlet reporting this Mika-get.

Reuters.

'On Friday, he had an off-air phone conversation about the tweet with MSNBC TV host Mika Brzezinski, who said Trump told her: "Let it be an arms race. We will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all." MSNBC did not play his comments on air.'

During a conversation with David Ignatius they tried to play it as almost Kissinger-esque.   

Wish I could say, Unbelievable!

• Love 2

Pajamas, really ? What a couple of arrogant idiots. I didn't think anything they could do would surprise me. Well, I was wrong. Why are they even on tv? Surprised they can crawl out of Trump and Kelly Anne's ass long enough to do their so called news show. What an absolute disgrace.

• Love 4

It makes me sick to see them already trotting out Meacham, the "presidential historian," to talk about Trump and his "governing philosophy" as if he actually has one.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 8
On 2016-12-23 at 5:08 PM, car54 said:

I bet they borrowed the fireplace set from some SNL sketch.   If SNL is smart they'll do a sketch of Mika and Joe doing the news in PJ's.

Joe refused to allow any parody of him & Mika  on SNL.

Edited by oakville
Spelling
  • Love 1

Saw an abbreviated edition in my area, an hour later than usual and only an hour long. Just happened across it, as it wasn't listed in Directv guide. Tits LaRue was in dark wash jeans and an eggplant turtleneck. I think she was wearing a new sweater bra (perhaps a Christmas gift from the SO). He was in navy fleece and sounded confident that she had enjoyed the holiday.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, suomi said:

Saw an abbreviated edition in my area, an hour later than usual and only an hour long. Just happened across it, as it wasn't listed in Directv guide. Tits LaRue was in dark wash jeans and an eggplant turtleneck. I think she was wearing a new sweater bra (perhaps a Christmas gift from the SO). He was in navy fleece and sounded confident that she had enjoyed the holiday.

It was pre emptied in Canada by Craig Melvin talking about George Michael,s death. They usually pre tape the holiday editions

• Love 1

Please tell me that Joe & Mika are off the rest of the week.

I would lose my shit if they talked about Carrie Fisher and Mika started in with her "I never saw a Star Wars movie.  Is she in Rogue One? What's that? I don't go to movies". 

• Love 3

Belated Tuesday recap..... with wine:)) willie & the lovely Katie Hunt were co hosts. Katie wore a black top, with no scarf. Is she an atheist? . Willie wore a nice suit. Chris Jansing , Moyahdeen, Tyler,Eugene were on the set. It was a very pleasant group.

First topic. Obama & Trump argued over who would have won the election. Eugene said ObMa could easily get extra votes in Milwaukee, Philly& Detroit to win those states. Obama said he showed up everywhere in Iowa even if the demographics didn't favour him. THat was n excellent point.

Someone said that Hillary copied Obama with the stronger together slogan. She supported his policies etc.

Tyler said it was a change election, so Trump would have won.

Someone else said Obama didn't have email scandals & is more likeable than Hillary.

Eugene said Obama is a Hall of Fame President like Clinton.

someone trashed Obama & said that Obama did not develop a farm system for up and coming Democrats.

Katie said that Obama made Hillary look bad by saying she didn't show up in areas that were not demographically favourable to Democrats.

Kasie said Obama did try to help Hillary by campaigning for her.

The panel erupted over Trump,s tweets about the stock market rising since he was elected & people spending a Trillion dollars on Christmas.

Next topic was Israeli settlements.

The Israelis are furious at ObMa for not vetoing the vote against the settlements.

A hunky Israeli guy came on the show & said he had proof that Obama lied about not being involved in supporting the resolution.

Moyahdeen said Palestine is being turned into a Swiss cheese country with Israeli settlements everywhere.

Kasie Hunt said Trump's inauguration plans for speaking without a TelePrompTer & trying to body surf into the crowd on Pennsylvania Avenue is a logistical nightmare for the secret service.

Next topic. gangs in Chicago & murders out of control. thee are too many gangs in Chicago.

Bob woodward showed up. He said it was easier to explain the creation of the Universe that the Trump & Bibi relationship.

Next guest was Ron Dremer, the Israeli diplomat. He said he had secret info on Obama trying to embarrass Bibi with the United Nations resolution.

Eugene was worried that Trumps amssador to Israel was very pro settlements. trumps son in law Jared, is very pro Israel.

Time magazine guy Duffy said Obama will have to adjust to not being President. He can't bash Trump on a daily basis. Eugene liked the fact that George w Bush stayed relatively quiet about Obama.

Giardadas with the whacky gray hair showed up with fancy shoes. he wants people to oppose Trump even if it isn't good for ratings & business.

If Mike or Joe were on set, Joe would start ranting at Giardadas.

Giardads wants people to be sympathetic to Trump supporters but fight Trump.

He was rightly outraged that people supported the hacking of the DNC,

He was outraged at Sheryl Sandburg ( Facebook) for not defending females at her meeting with Trump.

He was mad at the Google founders for not doing more to battle mr a Trump.

Mr nerdy Israeli ambassador no relation to Mr hunky got into fits with Kasie & the rest of the panel over Obama. he called the Un a farce for trashing Israeli human rights but allowing Arab dictators to do whatever they want.

He was very hostile with the lovely Kasie, who refused to smile at him. He had proof of Obama administration colluding with the the Security council to make Israel look bad. The USA never allwed these resolutions to pass during the Obama presidency 

I liked the show. Kasie & Willie were very easy going. 

• Love 5

Willie has emerged on this show as one of the most astute political observers on the show, if not on the network. And he makes his points quietly and politely but doesn't cave.

He was outraged at Sheryl Sandburg ( Facebook) for not defending females at her meeting with Trump.

I hear him, but it shouldn't be a surprise. Sandberg's "feminism" is based on the premise that women don't get ahead in the world because they don't "lean in" and work hard enough. Frankly the only woman Sandberg cares about is Sandberg.

But why stop there? The sight of all of those billionaires sitting there with their Trump bottled water in front of them kowtowing to that guy was disgusting. I'm betting there are many of us here who would have told him to shove it, even if we had but a fraction of their wealth.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Willie has emerged on this show as one of the most astute political observers on the show, if not on the network. And he makes his points quietly and politely but doesn't cave.

I hear him, but it shouldn't be a surprise. Sandberg's "feminism" is based on the premise that women don't get ahead in the world because they don't "lean in" and work hard enough. Frankly the only woman Sandberg cares about is Sandberg.

But why stop there? The sight of all of those billionaires sitting there with their Trump bottled water in front of them kowtowing to that guy was disgusting. I'm betting there are many of us here who would have told him to shove it, even if we had but a fraction of their wealth.

How would Mike have acted if she heard Giardadas complain about Sheryl Sandburg. ? 

I was disappointed that no one could explain what was going on in Chicago. Wasn't.t Eugene Robinson from Chicago.? 

Wednesday Recap without wine. Kasie with a navy blue top & Willie wearing a suit. barnacle. SR Sam Stein. jansing are on the panel. The big topic was who wil be the Democratic nominee in 2020.

Kasie Hunt likes Kampala Harris. Others mentioned were Sanders,Biden,Tim Ryan, Sherrod Brown & Elizabeth Warren.

There was discussion about cyber retaliation against Russia. The senate doesn't like Russia. Trump wants to work out a deal with Putin.

There was a debate over whether Obama was responsible for a weak bench for Democrats from 2009-2016.

Kasis wanted to be Princess Leia growing up. She doesn't like Cinderella. The panel liked Carrie Fisher.

Tyler said Obamacare needs to be upgraded. It has to be better than Obamacare.

The show is pleasant to watch without Mika & Joe.

Edited by oakville
Spelling
  • Love 3

This is the first time since the election that I have watched this show.  It is so much better without Joe and Mika. People are expressing differing opinions, which I like. No one is taking over the conversation by talking/yelling over everyone else for several minutes.  This allows time to cover more topics. 

I actually like Willie as the host.  He has been on the show since I started watching but was always in the background. Even when he spoke in the past, I didn't hear much of what he said.  It is a really nice change.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, madfortv said:

This is the first time since the election that I have watched this show.  It is so much better without Joe and Mika. People are expressing differing opinions, which I like. No one is taking over the conversation by talking/yelling over everyone else for several minutes.  This allows time to cover more topics. 

I actually like Willie as the host.  He has been on the show since I started watching but was always in the background. Even when he spoke in the past, I didn't hear much of what he said.  It is a really nice change.

I cannot believe I have been visiting these forums for other shows over the years and never thought to check in on the MJ thread. I feel like I have found my people. I have often lamented over the last 18 months or so that what use to be must-see TV for me now tends to raise my blood pressure. I almost don't recognize it. 

One thing that will never change is my love of Willie. I actually started watching MJ because it followed "Way too Early with Willie Geist", which I thought was the smartest news show on TV. I miss watching him in that format first thing in the morning. He is smart, insightful, empathetic, and he seems genuinely interested in differing points of view and of perhaps learning something new. He is able to do all of this without ranting and raving or making others feels small, which of course is Joe's job. 

On a separate note, I am so glad Mika is not on this morning. I simply would not be able to take any comments from her as they discussed Carrie Fisher and the legacy of Star Wars. It's not just that Mika is so ignorant about all things pop culture related, it's that she is so disdainful of it all. Behaving as if never seeing Star Wars makes her somehow superior to everyone else. 

• Love 4

his is the first time since the election that I have watched this show.  It is so much better without Joe and Mika. People are expressing differing opinions, which I like. No one is taking over the conversation by talking/yelling over everyone else for several minutes.  This allows time to cover more topics. 

People have been saying this since the beginning. When Joe & Mika were off, Willie & Savannah Guthrie would fill in, and it was so pleasant. Willie & Savannah had a great rapport, and would tease each other, but more like friends than the weird hateful thing going on between Joe & Mika.

I watched more of today, until Evan Thomas said something about Trump being a strategic genius. I don't remember the adjective, and I know it was describing how Trump played into the mindset of Rust Belt/Midwest voters, who believe jobs that have disappeared due to automation and globalization are coming back, but all I could think was "for the love of God, don't call him a genius. We'll never hear the end of it". 

He's genius at conning people who don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain, as my dear old Dad would have said.  And that includes politicians and people with multiple degrees.  His administration is going to be very much like Putin's, in that everyone is terrified to defy him, knowing how vengeful he is, and how unhinged his followers are. 

Behaving as if never seeing Star Wars makes her somehow superior to everyone else. 

Mika believes that old trope of saying you don't watch television or movies makes you appear intellectual.  This coming from someone who appears on television. 

And who couldn't pour piss out of boot if the directions were on the heel.  Yeah, she's a REAL intellect. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I cannot believe I have been visiting these forums for other shows over the years and never thought to check in on the MJ thread. I feel like I have found my people. I have often lamented over the last 18 months or so that what use to be must-see TV for me now tends to raise my blood pressure. I almost don't recognize it. 

One thing that will never change is my love of Willie. I actually started watching MJ because it followed "Way too Early with Willie Geist", which I thought was the smartest news show on TV. I miss watching him in that format first thing in the morning. He is smart, insightful, empathetic, and he seems genuinely interested in differing points of view and of perhaps learning something new. He is able to do all of this without ranting and raving or making others feels small, which of course is Joe's job. 

On a separate note, I am so glad Mika is not on this morning. I simply would not be able to take any comments from her as they discussed Carrie Fisher and the legacy of Star Wars. It's not just that Mika is so ignorant about all things pop culture related, it's that she is so disdainful of it all. Behaving as if never seeing Star Wars makes her somehow superior to everyone else. 

I like Willie on Sunday Today show with Dylan Dreyer

• Love 2
10 hours ago, teddysmom said:

People have been saying this since the beginning. When Joe & Mika were off, Willie & Savannah Guthrie would fill in, and it was so pleasant. Willie & Savannah had a great rapport, and would tease each other, but more like friends than the weird hateful thing going on between Joe & Mika.

I watched more of today, until Evan Thomas said something about Trump being a strategic genius. I don't remember the adjective, and I know it was describing how Trump played into the mindset of Rust Belt/Midwest voters, who believe jobs that have disappeared due to automation and globalization are coming back, but all I could think was "for the love of God, don't call him a genius. We'll never hear the end of it". 

He's genius at conning people who don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain, as my dear old Dad would have said.  And that includes politicians and people with multiple degrees.  His administration is going to be very much like Putin's, in that everyone is terrified to defy him, knowing how vengeful he is, and how unhinged his followers are. 

Mika believes that old trope of saying you don't watch television or movies makes you appear intellectual.  This coming from someone who appears on television. 

And who couldn't pour piss out of boot if the directions were on the heel.  Yeah, she's a REAL intellect. 

I always thought Willie & Savannah would be great for the Today Show. THey could do a more serious show than the current version.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, oakville said:

THey could do a more serious show than the current version.

That would be a necessary condition for me to watch it. The current Today show is a complete clown show. Freakish and sensationalistic. As bad as this show can get, they've steered clear of kidnapped-white-girl-of-the-day show and reality show garbage. And this may/will be an unpopular opinion, I think Mika has something to do with this. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

That would be a necessary condition for me to watch it. The current Today show is a complete clown show. Freakish and sensationalistic. As bad as this show can get, they've steered clear of kidnapped-white-girl-of-the-day show and reality show garbage. And this may/will be an unpopular opinion, I think Mika has something to do with this. 

I used to watch the weekend Today show when Lester Holt was the host. I can't watch the Saturday show. it's too fluffy. THe Sunday show is better. Willie does good interviews.

• Love 1

Thursday recap: Mika was wearing a black turtleneck with a grey sweater. She is not wearing any scarves today.Is that what Catholics wear? Joe was wearing a navy blue blazer with a pink shirt. Steele had a Christmas sweater on. 

Joe said the GOP will lose in 2018 if they don't improve on Ibamacare.

They made fun of John Bolton. 

Jod bragged that Exxon does more business in 200 countries than the State Department.

Joe was upset that Europe has no borders. Terrorists can go wherever they want. 

The panel applauded Trump for saying that the Berlin attack was an attack on all of humanity rather than just Christianity.

Its weird that they don't discuss the victims iN Germany as much as they did in Paris.

Joe said they need a centralized police for Europe 

They showed the clip of Trump saying that he was right about the Muslim ban & extreme vetting of Terrorists

Edited by oakville
Old recap from two weeks ago posted todsy
  • Love 2

Dec 29 recap: Kasie in a white sci fi top. Willie wearing a suit. 

First topic: Robert Costa was at a Fish concert. He loved the music. Kasie does not like Fish because the songs are too long. 

Second topic. John Kerrys speech about Israel.Kerry is worried about the 2 state solution failing.

Tyler said Kerry's speech was anti Israeli. He said Palestinians keep rejecting the 2 state solution in the 1990s. Kasie was too young to remember that.

Robert costa saidTrump wants to write his own inauguration speech. Doug Brinkley & Margaret karlsen were at mar A Lago with Trump. 

DonKing was there as well .He had a bunch of flags with him.

Heilemann said many big celebrities wont sing for Trump inauguration. It will be very low key & only 300k will show up. Obama had 1 million attend his inauguration.

Robi Wright showed up with a bad haircut. She said that the Palestinians want a contiguous territory. They don't like Israeli settlements all over the West Bank. 

She said Obama approved the speech that Kerry gave. He doesn't likeNetanyahu.

Hunky ambassador from Israel came on the show. He said Israel is more stable thanSyriS. 

He said Obama should recognize that Hamas is extremist. They should stop trying to murder Jews. He blamed The Palestinians for refusing to sign the peace treaties. 

He he doesn't like the United Nations resolution. He will give the secret evidence to the Trump administration that Obama was behind the resolution.

It was another good show today. 

Joe sent out many nasty tweets at Kerry yesterday

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Wait what?

Did they come on later in the show?   I'm going on no sleep here but when I turned it on in the 6 am hour there was no Boris & Natasha anywhere on set. 

It's so strange that my recap from a few weeks ago was posted today.  I am posting on my iPhone now because my laptop needs repair. 

Is anyone else getting the total number of likes of all their posts?