Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

Did anyone see what Chris Cuomo tweeted regarding Joe and Mika's relationship to Trump? I won't link to the tweet, but this is the gist of it:

I looked it up on Twitter and also read that quote from I guess one of Trump's books about how he loves Mika & Joe and whenever they do public appearances Mika calls him so he can talk to the crowd over the phone because wherever they go, all anyone asks them is "how is Donald Trump? We love Donald Trump". And Donald believes they should be more forthcoming about how much he helps them.   

So I guess Phil Griffin knows the first three hours of each weekday his network is now "Trump TV". 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

I watched 10 minutes this morning.  Joe was apoplectic.  Michael Steele was trying to make a point about how KAC was just the front man to some Republicans who are against Romney.  He couldn't even get two sentences in without Joe ranting over him about how Trump never cared about what others though and he won't now. Michael was trying to say he knows that BUT ...but nothing b/c at that point Joe was literally screaming.   This was after the giddiness he exuded when discussing how KAC is out of the loop and boo hoo she didn't get the job she really wanted.  Nothing about this show SHOULD faze me but today did. Joe has seriously gone over the deep end.  

I used to enjoy the format of this show. I liked the casualness of it. I liked the coffee drinking low key vibe.  I liked the guests. I liked the way they would bounce from one to another during an interesting conversation.  It was informative. We got to hear voices we might not have normally heard on other shows. However, this isn't that show anymore.  What I see now is the Joe 3 hour brag fest.  It was horrendous before Trump won but now it has reached new depths.  I can't even tune Joe out to hear the other guests, who I still enjoy, because he is always talking over them or cutting them off.  It's no fun anymore.   I keep trying to pop back in to see he's calmed down.  I won't even mention Mika b/c at this point she is just irrelevant (both to me and on the show).

I don't know how you all do it.  I value my blood pressure and sanity and can't sit through no more than 10 minutes of his B.S.  Squinty Joe is apparently trying to out-Goebbels the Crypt Mistress (KAC) in how much B.S. they can disseminate in a 24-hour news cycle.  Media Matters indicated that Joe confirmed that he discussed his future fuhrer's transition with him.

At least he and his platinum haired moll no longer fake the funk.

Joe Confirms Discussions with Herr Drumpf

• Love 2

Mika's getting blasted on Daily Beast for her comments about Elizabeth Warren.

It's great how they're being such assholes that it gets covered on various sites.  Not that I would turn this shit show back on unless they were holding my dog hostage. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, may flowers said:

Mika was spotted in Trump Tower this morning. Wonder if that will come up tomorrow?

Joe said that Trump is running the transition like the Apprentice tv show!

Mika & Joe are auditioning to be the advisors like Caroline Kepcher & George Ross. 

On the one hand it's hilarious that Mika & Joe are in the loop on what's going on. On the other hand it's frightening. 

The shows ratings will probably go up since this show will have all the scoops.

I do hope that Joe stops shouting down all the guestdguests

• Love 1

Catching up with yesterday's show. I loved the interview with Anand Girhadas. He should be a permanent panelist in the first hour.

He was worried about increased attacks on minorities after the election.

Joe showed up half way through the interview.

Joe was busy trashing the media for crying wolf about Trump being a neo nazi.

They wasted time on Trump's latest tweet about burning the flag. It is oK to do that because of the First Amendment.

Joe said it was a 5-4 decision in 1989, so a new Trump appointee could overturn it.

The panel said that Trump likes to throw red meat at his base & get them hyper about these issues.

Mika went over the top in her defense of Trump.

Joe bragged about the checks & balances. Anand fought back against Joe saying Slavery, internment , segration was done in spite of the constitution.

Joe didn't like being told that he was wrong by Anand.

Mika said flag burning is not as popular now as it used to be.

Joe said at least 50% of people would not support the burning of the flag.

Anand didn't like flag burning.  Anand is opposed to the losing citizenship for burning the flag.

Joe said he was a Constitutional expert. Joe said Trump is not Hitler.

The Economist Bishop said that France could vote for Le Pen.

Mika tried to calm down Joe.

15 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Mika's getting blasted on Daily Beast for her comments about Elizabeth Warren.

It's great how they're being such assholes that it gets covered on various sites.  Not that I would turn this shit show back on unless they were holding my dog hostage. 

Mika has been adopting dogs at a rapid clip this year. She now has 3 dogs. If you are in the NY area, keep your dog on a leash before Mika adopts him/her.

• Love 3

Mika has been adopting dogs at a rapid clip this year. She now has 3 dogs. If you are in the NY area, keep your dog on a leash before Mika adopts him/he

At least she has something worthy of her affection, who will actually love her back. 

• Love 2

This morning was one of the more sickening shows in recent memory as Mika and Joe in the first segment sanctimoniously called for the Democrats to work with Trump, he's our president now, if he succeeds we succeed etc.  Sorry.  No. Trump has picked cabinet choices that indicate a complete lack of interest in reaching consensus or working with the half of the country that didn't vote for him - an education secretary who wants to privatize education, a HHS secretary who wants to privatize Medicare, a hard-right AG, a CIA director who is in the Kochs' pocket, a national security advisor who may be crazy, a Treasury secretary who is a second-generation Goldman alum. But hey, maybe he'll pick Romney (sarcasm).

These dummies have been sentimentally citing that letter Bush 41 left for Clinton about Clinton being "our" president and how Bush was rooting for him. Yeah, that was 24 years ago. Bush 41 couldn't win a state assembly race as a Republican today, the party has veered so hard to the right. There is no bipartisanship anymore and there won't be as long as the country is gerrymandered to favor ultraconservatives. That was funded by dark money and happened quietly over the past two decades under the Dems' noses and will take years to undo. 

So no, Mika and Joe, I don't think the Democrats "owe" it to the institution to work with Trump. He has indicated no desire to work with them.

• Love 9

I no longer watch this but today on The Thom Hartmann Show, he played Mika's ugly rant (mostly so he could rip into her).

Mumbles,  ITA  The democrats better never back down, never work with doughy cry baby and treat them, all of them, the way they treated President Obama for the last eight years.

If they do anything to make any of them look good, I will vote with the Green Party beginning in 2018, and never look back.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Mumbles said:

This morning was one of the more sickening shows in recent memory as Mika and Joe in the first segment sanctimoniously called for the Democrats to work with Trump, he's our president now, if he succeeds we succeed etc.  

I'm guesing that MJ was on board with the just-say-no-to-Obama crowd. 

Here's Joe's 2008 pre-election take on Obama v Clinton.

What prescience.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was interviewing Ivanka for à know your value summit 

She was gushing that Ivanka has "great ideas and wants to do great things for this country."

Please.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, oakville said:

Mika was interviewing Ivanka for à know your value summit 

38 minutes ago, Eliot said:

She was gushing that Ivanka has "great ideas and wants to do great things for this country."

Please.

It's a topsy-turvy world. 

The irony.

I thought oakville was joking. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Bossa Nova said:

Okay, thanks. Now I understand why Mika was at Trump Tower: she wants access to the new First Lady, ......Ivanka.

I don't think Melania will do as many interviews as Ivanka or the other kids.

Thursday Recap. Mika is off. Joe is in the Bunker with his special Bunker suit. Posh Katty, Ratner & Harold Ford are on the set. Donnie is in a box. It's like the Brady Bunch Box. Joe loves tax cuts. Joe is on a rant that he pays 55% tax. Joe wants spending cuts to offset the tax cuts.  Ratner wants more tax reform. Joe is complaining that Secretary Munchkin is from Goldman Sachs. Ratner said that the Trump tax cuts can be passed with 51 votes

Joe said the press doesn't care about the Carrier jobs staying in Indiana. Joe said the media would have a field day if they moved to Mexico.

Posh Katty's eyebrows are higher than normal.

• Love 2

I've just discovered this show after defecting from CNNs New Day.  Chris Cuomo has become unhinged, screaming at everyone, and Allison (sp) Camerota comes across as a mean girl bitch.  They both seem to have contemptuous attitudes toward almost every guest.  

Mika is meh to me.  I like Joe, so far.  I still change the channel when he starts ranting, but I'm watching a lot more minutes of this show per hour, than I was New Day.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is on a rant that he pays 55% tax. Joe wants spending cuts to offset the tax cuts. 

If you are paying 55% in tax, you are raking in most of your money in salary, not investments. At those rates you are also getting paid a gross sum of money. Joe- if people getting paid $10 an hour can make it and live thing their budget, so can you.

Side note, when Ross Perot ran for president in 1992, he railed against government spending but had most of his money in government bonds because of the lower taxes. That is how much of in imprint it made on me. 

• Love 3

Donnie Deutsch actually suggested that if Trump wanted someone who understood finance, he should appoint "Stevie" Cohen? "Stevie" Cohen's investment firm was shut down by the feds, and several of his traders have been criminally convicted of insider trading. Seriously, one of the stupidest things I've heard on this show.

And then there was the disdainful dismissal of Obama's interview on why the Dems lost. I think Joe is putting way too much emphasis on the Obamacare rates as a decision for people not to vote for Clinton. Deutsch almost redeemed himself from his earlier stupidity by pointing out that Clinton lost this race on her own by not making a case for herself.

I do remember the "closing" ad Clinton ran, set to Katy Perry, that they said Biden was flummoxed about. It was awful.

• Love 1

I enjoyed Joe telling Donny that he wouldn't be welcome in Boca anymore because he maligned his Mother's friends by saying 75 year olds don't know very much anymore.  I love Boca jokes--Fran Drescher on The Nanny used to have the best ones.

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:11 AM, oakville said:

Catching up with yesterday's show. I loved the interview with Anand Girhadas. He should be a permanent panelist in the first hour.

He was worried about increased attacks on minorities after the election.

Joe showed up half way through the interview.

Joe was busy trashing the media for crying wolf about Trump being a neo nazi.

They wasted time on Trump's latest tweet about burning the flag. It is oK to do that because of the First Amendment.

Joe said it was a 5-4 decision in 1989, so a new Trump appointee could overturn it.

The panel said that Trump likes to throw red meat at his base & get them hyper about these issues.

Mika went over the top in her defense of Trump.

Joe bragged about the checks & balances. Anand fought back against Joe saying Slavery, internment , segration was done in spite of the constitution.

Joe didn't like being told that he was wrong by Anand.

Mika said flag burning is not as popular now as it used to be.

Joe said at least 50% of people would not support the burning of the flag.

Mika has been adopting dogs at a rapid clip this year. She now has 3 dogs. If you are in the NY area, keep your dog on a leash before Mika adopts him/her.

I hope they watched L. O'Donnell read the vFw manual about the only proper way to dispose of the American flag--by burning it.

The idea of Mika with pets is horrifying. 3 dogs?  Fur? Messiness? I can't imagine. She probably keeps them crated. And poor bunnies, too. Rabbits are very sensitive and definitely wouldn't like the stress of 3 dogs -- and Mika and whatever other dramas she creates at home. It's the one thing I agree with Trump about--she's a neurotic mess.

Naming the bunnies "Donnie and Melania "... well, who am I to criticize? If I had pet pigs I might do the same.

• Love 2

Friday Recap:

Joe is wearing a navy blue blazer. Mika is wearing a grey sweater with a white Unitarian scarf. The panel liked Trump's speech yesterday in Cincinatti. Trump gets energy from the crowds. Mad Dog Mattis is the new defense secretary. Joe likes him.

Mika is muttering throughout the show. She talks to herself while Joe was talking to Ignatious.

Mika freaked out at Sam Stein for using the term Dog Whistle to describe Trump's campaign statements.

The big topic today is Jennifer Palmieri getting into a shouting match with KAC.

KAC said her campaign was successful & Clinton screwed up by not having a message that appeals to the white working class in battleground states.

• Love 3

Did I really just hear Mika say that no one voted for Donald Trump because they were racists and bigots? Has she listened to some of his supporters' and staff's rhetoric? And then she takes offense at the phrase "dog whistle" and claims that everyone who voted for Trump was simply a disaffected Bernie supporter?

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Eliot said:

Did I really just hear Mika say that no one voted for Donakd Trump because they were racists and bigots? Has she listened to some of his supporters' and staff's rhetoric? And then she takes offense at the phrase "dog whistle" and claims that everyone who voted for Trump was simply a disaffected Bernie supporter?

Yes, she said that.  Yes, she believed the opposite last month.  Yes she denied the idea of "dog whistles."

I also heard Joe use the "Trump's trolling the media" argument (with different phrasing) to justify the tweet about wanting to strip citizenship from flag burners.

I'll give them credit for at least saying team Trump are sore winners, but the "blame rations for everyone" crusade doesn't truly work.

Edited by revbfc
  • Love 2

I have been watching MJ for about 4 years, but only started reading this forum a week ago.  Is Dr. Z spoken of here mean Mika's Dad?

Yes, she said that.  Yes, she believed the opposite last month.

I cannot even believe the revisionist history being spouted on this show. I've seen this show every day since Trump "threw his hat into the ring," and what they said about him.  Don't they realize everything they said was recorded and we all heard?  Now they are tsk tsking everyone who isn't all aboard on Trump

PS: I had to leave just when they sarted the convo on the brawl that brokeout at the Clinton vs Trump aides meeting.  Whose side were they on??  KAC gives me the chills.  I wished I could peer inside her straw-blonde head and see if she is a true believer or just a very astute Ad man marketer.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

I have been watching MJ for about 4 years, but only started reading this forum a week ago.  Is Dr. Z spoken of here mean Mika's Dad?

I cannot even believe the revisionist history being spouted on this show. I've seen this show every day since Trump "threw his hat into the ring," and what they said about him.  Don't they realize everything they said was recorded and we all heard?  Now they are tsk tsking everyone who isn't all aboard on Trump

PS: I had to leave just when they sarted the convo on the brawl that brokeout at the Clinton vs Trump aides meeting.  Whose side were they on??  KAC gives me the chills.  I wished I could peer inside her straw-blonde head and see if she is a true believer or just a very astute Ad man marketer.

Welcome!

Dr Z is Mika's dad. He has only appeared once since Mika divorced her husband so she could be with Joe.

Dr Z hates Joe. 

If you look at prior  recaps, it's  clear that Mika & Joe don't recall trashing Trump during the summer 

• Love 1

When Joe & Mika were poo-pooing how misogyny could play into Hillary losing, I liked how Katie then asked Ed Redell how many women have been elected in PA for higher offices (Gov, Senators, etc) - 1 total.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Eliot said:

Did I really just hear Mika say that no one voted for Donakd Trump because they were racists and bigots? Has she listened to some of his supporters' and staff's rhetoric? And then she takes offense at the phrase "dog whistle" and claims that everyone who voted for Trump was simply a disaffected Bernie supporter?

Yeah she definitely did the first part, but then freaked out about the phrase "dog whistle" because she claimed that Trump's rhetoric was flat-out racist. All in the same 2-3 minutes. It was hard to reconcile the two thoughts. Maybe her point was not *all* Trump voters were racist but he definitely went after the racist vote.

I was glad Kasie Hunt was on because at least she was actually at the event at Harvard and could speak intelligently on it. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

Yeah she definitely did the first part, but then freaked out about the phrase "dog whistle" because she claimed that Trump's rhetoric was flat-out racist. All in the same 2-3 minutes. It was hard to reconcile the two thoughts. Maybe her point was not *all* Trump voters were racist but he definitely went after the racist vote.

That was what I thought she was saying too, but it was articulated in such a contradictory and confusing way it made no sense. She actually said, "Don't say 'dog whistle!' They're not dogs! They're disaffected Bernie supporters and they're desperate and they are AMERICANS!" or something along those lines.

It was just all so totally bizarre.

I did appreciate them calling out the Trump team as being sore winners.

• Love 5

Did they discuss the "Rally to Remind You All I'm Still Nuts?" in Cincinnati last night?   I was wondering who he was referring to as the anchor who hosted a debate and started crying on election night was.   I had it on for a minute but had to leave to go find my sanity. 

• Love 2

I woke up a little after 4, couldn't get back to sleep and turned this on. It's kind of vague now, but Mika seemed angry about some criticism of her and Joe's friendship with Trump. She was on the attack about "the editors of the NY Times and all these people on other shows who have friendships with Hillary but no one ever talks about that."

1-- I wondered who all these "Hillary pals" are.  Trump has several and they weighed in heavily for him, including Mika and Joe (and they were still doing it this a.m.)

2--Was she responding to Chris Cuomo's comments about them on Twitter? I like it when someone in the press criticizes them. Something got her riled. I wish I knew what was said.

I couldn't believe how Joe was praising himself. Yes, wow, he saw the Trump rise before anyone. That's because he's such a man of the people, folks. "I was in Scranton and I called Mika, 'These people are for Trump! He's got this!' And then I went to visit my mother in Jacksonville.  All those Trump yard signs! I called Mika, "It's going to be Trump in Florida!""

He's just SO tied into the white working class, y'all! And he knows more than anyone!  I wanted to hear more from Gene Robinson and some of the Trump critics but, of course, that wasn't happening.  Joe just bellows over everyone.

I was wondering who he was referring to as the anchor who hosted a debate and started crying on election night was

Trump was referring to Martha Raddatz. Actually, she started to choke up because Tim Kaine said something about the feelings of  his son in the military now that Trump was commander in chief.  Watching the clip (last night on L. O'Donnell's show), she was really feeling something about Kaine and his son, not so much choking up over Trump's win. But as O'D said, "He has no empathy, so he had to assume it was all about him."

• Love 5

Trump was referring to Martha Raddatz. Actually, she started to choke up because Tim Kaine said something about the feelings of  his son in the military now that Trump was commander in chief.  Watching the clip (last night on L. O'Donnell's show), she was really feeling something about Kaine and his son, not so much choking up over Trump's win. But as O'D said, "He has no empathy, so he had to assume it was all about him."

Thanks!  I thought that may have been who he meant. 

She was on the attack about "the editors of the NY Times and all these people on other shows who have friendships with Hillary but no one ever talks about that."

Are there hosts of another cable news/talk show that regularly call Hillary Clinton and go visit her at home, give her advice, name their pets after her and Bill?  

No one ever talks about it, Mika,  because it DOESN'T EXIST, you twit!

• Love 7

I tried. Things that stuck:

• Mika was snitty
  • Joe was overbearing
  • There was no consensus about Trump being a brilliant strategist or going to blow up the world.
  • There was consensus that the world won't trust anything he tweets and is not above letting the SoS hang out to dry.
  • Love 1

I watched off and on, mostly at the end. They talked quite a bit about Trump's Taiwan call (they think it was a bad idea.) Joe was amazed there hasn't been a guilty verdict in the Slager (South Carolina cop who shot Walter Scott, an unarmed motorist running away from him) trial; Joe thinks he is clearly guilty.

Mika got pissy that Beyonce was named a finalist for Time's Person of the Year. She kept on about it. She didn't seem to realize that it is highly unlikely that Beyonce would be so named (given this crazy election year) and that this basically means that Time will do a piece on Beyonce and Lemonade in its year end issue. 

They seemed intrigued by Huntsman being mentioned as Secretary of State.

• Love 2

I watched bits and pieces as well. Joe was outraged - outraged! - that Gen. Flynn re-tweeted speculation about the so-called "Pizzagate" scandal-that-is-a-dangerous-hoax. Yes, it is terrifying that someone who will be our National Security Advisor with the direct ear of the soon-to-be-president is trafficking in ridiculously harmful conspiracy theories. But Joe has absolutely no moral authority to criticize anything to do with this administration given his blind cheerleading for the past year. What did he think was going to happen? That Trump would suddenly grow a brain and make responsible, reasoned decisions about his personnel?

Give me a break.

• Love 5

Nice to see this twosome getting raked over the coals in the media for all their kissing up to Trump.

"The morning show hosts were criticized for having a cozy relationship with Trump during the Republican primary and general election, and are now being blasted for becoming "transition spokesmen," in the words of CNN's Chris Cuomo and others alarmed by the ethics of the relationship."

Morning Joe Sets Off Alarm Bells

• Love 2

Mika was snitty

She seems to be more quiet now than snitty.  Its like she knows she can't put down Trump anymore since they now are Trump's unofficial mouthpieces and she seems uneasy about this new position. Well, none of us remember what she's been saying about him for the last year anyway, do we??? (haha)

Oh and remember TRUMP PLANNED THIS TAIWAN CALL DEALIE WITH MASTERFUL PRECISION BEFORE HE STARTED RUNNING (I was in the shower, someone--who?- quoted that and I don't think it was sarcastic either)

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Oh and remember TRUMP PLANNED THIS TAIWAN CALL DEALIE WITH MASTERFUL PRECISION BEFORE HE STARTED RUNNING (I was in the shower, someone--who?- quoted that and I don't think it was sarcastic either)

I was in and out but heard that too!  Who said it? Did they have a source? That is unbelievable. 

• Love 1

They group was discussing who was in the running for Time Person of the Year.  Mika kept wondering why Beyonce was on the list. The group mostly ignored her. Her deadpan delivery, I think, left most of them wondering if she was serious or not. Kasie Hunt finally supplied that she released an album, "Lemonade"... Yet still Mika asked why she was on the list. Dammit, give us a clue if you think her being on the short list is a joke, you think Beyonce is over rated, WHAT!?!

• Love 2