Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I gagged during the conversation about Mitt Romney as Secretary of State for so many reasons. Joe and Mika unironically noted that Mitt was "right" about Russia during the Obama debate without acknowledging Putin's interference in the election. Then Ratner pointed out that Bain Capital was primarily a domestic, US-based company and that Romney's experience wouldn't necessarily translate into Secretary of State-like skill and Joe bellowed nonsensically at him for a while before pontificating to everyone that because Romney saved the Olympics he would be a good SOS. Then Mika snarked, "What experience did Hillary Clinton have before she was SOS?" and Ratner reminded her that she'd been a US Senator and served on the Armed Services Committee but Mika just kept saying, "So? So?" and rolling her eyes.

I now officially find Mika way more intolerable than Joe. But they're both awful.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Dagny said:

I lasted 5 minutes before Mika was commenting on the rise in Trump's popularity by saying that everyone knows he's a great guy. Out!

Is this for real?  I will not watch this show anymore.  They are both vile.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Revlonred said:

Is this for real?  I will not watch this show anymore.  They are both vile.

They were reviewing poll numbers that indicated that Trump's favorability ratings have gone up and that a small majority of Americans believe he will do a good job as president. Ratner had the temerity to point out that Trump's numbers are way lower than Obama's or even George W Bush before taking office and Joe shouted over him for a while.

• Love 6

Did Joe really say today that  President Obama considered himself the  "Black Jesus" ?  I just can't .... Ugh. He absolutely sickens me. 

You know the interesting thing is the Trumpsters don't like this show because they consider him a RINO. The Democrats don't like him because he all but literally kissed Trump's ass for the past 16 months.  I wonder how the ratings are.

• Love 3

I only saw about 10 seconds of it this morning when he was screaming at Steve Rattner. I was like "yep, it's just getting worse and worse". 

They're turning into Fox & Friends without the reverse mortgage and invest in gold commercials. 

• Love 1

Today on Fox and Friends Mike Huckabee was on saying that appointing Romney was "unconscionable" unless he publicly apologized for all his "insults" to Trump. The morons nodded along.

Morning Joe is not perfect, today's show wasn't great (except for Dr Z) but it is not Fox and Friends, or anywhere close to it.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Today on Fox and Friends Mike Huckabee was on saying that appointing Romney was "unconscionable" unless he publicly apologized for all his "insults" to Trump. The morons nodded along.

Morning Joe is not perfect, today's show wasn't great (except for Dr Z) but it is not Fox and Friends, or anywhere close to it.

No disrespect..but you don't think that Mika and Joe's antics are equivalent to the "morons" on fox and friends nodding their heads to what Huckabee said?  I think Joe has said worse.  Also, this was the guest on the show saying these things and the hosts were nodding. What about when the actual hosts are the ones who are screaming (literally) about how Trump deserves the respect even after insulting everyone across the board.   Trump's surrogates don't even need to be on anymore to get Trump's whining tantrums to be front and center on this show.  Trump has the best surrogate there is..Joe (and Mika).   I don't know any other show where the host is yelling at the guests, talking over them constantly, telling them they are wrong constantly and then bragging how wonderful he is (when he was in Congress).   Honestly, I think MJ is worse than fox and friends in some respect. At least they aren't claiming at unbiased journalism.  

• Love 5

No disrespect..but you don't think that Mika and Joe's antics are equivalent to the "morons" on fox and friends nodding their heads to what Huckabee said

You help me to continue my boycott of this show. It's getting easier every day.

The show is more than Joe and Mika. It's the topics they discuss and the guests the have on. But a discussion of the merits or lack thereof of the show is sort of pointless in the abstract, if you're not watching the show.

Edited by Mumbles

evil scarecrow KAC  

HEE!  I just cannot watch her.  She is the Most Evil Person in America, because she knowingly put him in office with full knowledge of who he is.  Her 4 kids must sure be proud of her. I watch MJ each AM.  I took about 7 or 8 days off post-election because I just couldn't.  NOW I come back and Trump is a buddy?  WTF?  The things they said about him pre-election, esp. Mika.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

LOL Oakville thank you for the recaps.  You help me to continue my boycott of this show. It's getting easier every day.  Some of the stuff on this show is so ridiculous that you would think it was a satire instead of an actual NEWS show.  Joe lambasting anyone who has anything bad to say about Trump is beyond unprofessional.  Anytime anyone has even a modicum of positivity about Trump they are exalted.  "Trump remained calm during his meeting with the NY times". This is praised! How absolutely ludicrous that we need to spend actual time saying how great it is that Trump was calm during a normal meeting. What the hell are people on this show going to do if he doesn't pee in his pants when meeting with Iranian officials...have a parade?   He is the PRESIDENT! He SHOULD be able to stay calm and focused.  That SHOULD be a given and not reported on.  The fact that they don't see the idiocy of this is sad.

and my god.. this isn't a radio show..where you need to fill time with stupid anecdotes.  Did Mika really mention that she named her bunnies Donnie & Melania or was that a joke Oakville? These days I swear I never know with this show.

Thanks Scoobie! Yes, Mika named her rabbits Donnie & Melania. That's so weird.

i had to leave for work, so I missed the 2nd & 3rd hour. 

Mika's oldest daughter is dating a football player. Her name is Emily. 

Carly is the young one who Mika dropped down the stairs. 

It looks like Mika is still living at the home in Bronxville. The pets would make a mess of the carpet. The home was in featured in a renovation magazine. 

Mika accepted Trump s apology for calling her neurotic & dumb on yesterday's show. She agreed with Trump that she is neurotic

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

HEE!  I just cannot watch her.  She is the Most Evil Person in America, because she knowingly put him in office with full knowledge of who he is.  Her 4 kids must sure be proud of her. I watch MJ each AM.  I took about 7 or 8 days off post-election because I just couldn't.  NOW I come back and Trump is a buddy?  WTF?  The things they said about him pre-election, esp. Mika.  

Mika seems to have forgotten that she demanded in early August that all Republicans denounce Trump on the set.Trump must remember her attacks on him.

I believe Megan Kelly when she said that some hosts on other networks were play acting their opposition to Trump

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, oakville said:

Thanks Scoobie! Yes, Mika named her rabbits Donnie & Melania. That's so weird.

i had to leave for work, so I missed the 2nd & 3rd hour. 

Mika's oldest daughter is dating a football player. Her name is Emily. 

Carly is the young one who Mika dropped down the stairs. 

It looks like Mika is still living at the home in Bronxville. The pets would make a mess of the carpet. The home was in featured in a renovation magazine. 

Mika accepted Trump s apology for calling her neurotic & dumb on yesterday's show. She agreed with Trump that she is neurotic

I think Mika bought a house after she got divorced. I think I read that somewhere.

1 hour ago, Mumbles said:

The show is more than Joe and Mika. It's the topics they discuss and the guests the have on. But a discussion of the merits or lack thereof of the show is sort of pointless in the abstract, if you're not watching the show.

But Joe and Mika always talk over and contradict and disrespect the guests I want to hear. If Joe has an opinion on a topic, good luck hearing any other point of view.

I actually enjoyed Dr. Z this morning, but was surprised at his fairly positive characterization of Trump as...I think it was...bright and creative. He's one of the few people who Joe shuts up around, so I predict a pleasant TG for them (if Mika can avoid whining for a while. I noticed she's already complaining that her elderly parents won't be staying at her house "that long").

Unfortunately the two hosts (one so self-centered and vapid and the other a loudmouth bully) define this show and ruin the potential of interesting conversation with important and interesting people. The guests are more interesting than F&F but with M&J hosting it doesn't really matter that much.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Padma said:

But Joe and Mika always talk over and contradict and disrespect the guests I want to hear. If Joe has an opinion on a topic, good luck hearing any other point of view.

I actually enjoyed Dr. Z this morning, but was surprised at his fairly positive characterization of Trump as...I think it was...bright and creative. He's one of the few people who Joe shuts up around, so I predict a pleasant TG for them (if Mika can avoid whining for a while. I noticed she's already complaining that her elderly parents won't be staying at her house "that long").

Unfortunately the two hosts (one so self-centered and vapid and the other a loudmouth bully) define this show and ruin the potential of interesting conversation with important and interesting people. The guests are more interesting than F&F but with M&J hosting it doesn't really matter that much.

I was shocked to see Dr Z on Morning Joe . I find it very curious that it wasn't a live interview. Did Dr Z refuse to get up early to talk to Mika & Joe? He used to do these interviews on a regular basis live. Was Joe worried that Dr Z would insult Joe ? I would be shocked if Dr Z approved of Mika leaving her husband for a stunningly superficial co host.

I think that's why Dr Z won't stay long at Mika's place. I could see Dr Z getting in a huge fight with Joe.

Mika & Joe are in full glory mode. They were early supporters of Trump . Trump called them supporters. Mika & Joe turned on Trump after he won the nomination. They became Trump supporters after the September/ October meeting at Trump Tower. Mika & Joe do have privileged access to Trump. MSNBC must be very happy that they can get scoops on what Trump is doing.

I predict Mika & Joe will have an exclusive interview with Trump before the inauguration.

I would hope that Mika & Joe are part of the inauguration ceremony with them getting wasted on the White House Lawn on inauguration day.

If you watch the show carefully, Joe is sending signals to Trump everyday as to who he should appoint to Cabinet posts.

Joe is opposed to Giuliani as SOS. He is Pro Romney. I suspect Trump will try to get Romney as SOS.

I am sad that some people won't watch the show anymore. It's more fun when viewers can comment on the show after seeing the entertaining  antics of Mika & Joe.

I understand why people are so upset that Hillary lost the election. It's a case of data analysis going wrong in 3 key states. That's politics. 2000 was a bigger fiasco IMHO. 538 votes in 1 state out of 6 million!

I do think that Morning Joe's ratings will rise because they have unique access to Trump.  I notice that KAC is on the show on a regular basis.

Trump watches the show, so his reactions to what he sees will be entertaining. Will he send out nasty tweets after each show once he in the Oval Office.

I will do my best to write longer recaps to keep the hate watchers informed. It's important to keep track of what Mika & Joe say.

An evening recap will follow soon! Please note that some wine will be consumed with writing the next recap:)

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans on the forum!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, oakville said:

I am sad that some people won't watch the show anymore. It's more fun when viewers can comment on the show after seeing the entertaining  antics of Mika & Joe.

I watch some of it but Joe's hair just annoys me so much that I have to change the channel.  Also, a lot of the time Mika is just useless.  I wish someone would pay me millions of dollars to just sit there wearing Unitarian collars making googly eyes at Joe.  I could do that for the money.   

• Love 3
8 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I only saw about 10 seconds of it this morning when he was screaming at Steve Rattner. I was like "yep, it's just getting worse and worse". 

They're turning into Fox & Friends without the reverse mortgage and invest in gold commercials. 

I tried to watch Fox & Friends and couldn't take it seriously. They always have a woman in a short skirt in the middle with two guys on each side of her. That's bizarre.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I watch some of it but Joe's hair just annoys me so much that I have to change the channel.  Also, a lot of the time Mika is just useless.  I wish someone would pay me millions of dollars to just sit there wearing Unitarian collars making googly eyes at Joe.  I could do that for the money.   

LOL! Joe's hair is mysterious. Poor Mika was upset that her dad wouldn't stay with her for more than 1 night. I think Joe should offer Dr Z access to his bunker. It amazes me that Joe now makes $8M per year. Only in America......

Edited by oakville
spelling
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, oakville said:

I tried to watch Fox & Friends and couldn't take it seriously. They always have a woman in a short skirt in the middle with two guys on each side of her. That's bizarre.

Plus some of their segments of the past few day, per their website, include "Bass Pro Shops previews its Black Friday Sale", "A Cuban Immigrant Explains Why She Voted for Trump", "Fox and Friends Celebrates National Jukebox Day."  There is just no comparison between that and this show, as bad as it can get.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I watch the show for the entertainment value. I don't take what Mika and Joe say too seriously, so I don't get annoyed or frustrated while watching. I get a good laugh out if the Mika and Joe antics. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, oakville said:

Fox and Friends makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I dont like the sofa setup, and there is no chemistry between the cohosts. 

Of course, Morning Joe suffers from too much chemistry between the cohosts, but I still prefer it to Fox and Friends (or the CNN morning show, for that matter). 

• Love 1

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yesterday's Recap Part 2.

Cilizza likes Nikki Haley. He said it's nice that Trump can give jobs to his detractors like Haley. He hopes that Trump will act differently as President than he did as a cmpaigner.

Mika & Joe made fun of Obama getting bored with pardoning the Turkeys.

Joe wanted the clip from 2008 of Palin pardoning a turkey while in the background it is being put through a machine.

Evelyn Farkas from the Defense Department came on. Joe took shaots at Obama from leading from behind. Farkas got mad & said Obama didn't do that. Joe said in the spirit of the season he wouldn't fight with her. Joe told her she was wrong anyway.

Joe said Obama has allowed genocide in Syria & was too weak on Iran..

Joe wants General Petraus to have  key job in the Trump administration. Joe said he has too much talent. His convictions are bad but he shouldn't be disqualified for life. Hmm. Can you get a security clearance if you are convicted of sharing classified information?

Joe said it's important to have the best qualified people in the job. Bruni said Trump's advisors have been married 3 times. Newt, Rudy & Trump.

Joe said it doesn't matter how many times you get married!. Joe said the Clintons only have 1 marriage but he was unfaithful to her for many years.

Mika was mad at Clinton for seducing Monica Lewinsky in the oval office.

They had several people from the NY Times on the show.

They quoted David Brooks who wrote that Trump critics can't explode at every tweet from Trump.

Peter King may get a job in the Trump Administration in Homeland Security.

Mika said Trump is always underestimated.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, oakville said:

am sad that some people won't watch the show anymore. It's more fun when viewers can comment on the show after seeing the entertaining  antics of Mika & Joe.

I now watch until I can't take it anymore. Sometime it is five minutes, sometime it's an hour. Have not made it through an entire episode since the election.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 4
On November 23, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Padma said:

Yes, this. I can't stomach them anymore.   I like the format of the show, and often the guests, but these two are ridiculous and some shady crap went on between them and trump.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Joe and Mika are dating?  WTH?  I've watched this show every day for 4 years and I had no idea of this, nor had I heard of Mika's divorce.  Gad!

As far as I know, neither Joe or Mika have mentioned on the air that they are divorced. In fact both of them continued to wear their wedding rings after their divorces were finalized, until their divorces become public knowledge, which in both cases was at least 6 months. 

Neither of them have acknowledged that they are dating, but they have not denied it when asked directly in interviews. They are definitely being secretive about it, although they were photographed hugging and kissing outside an ice cream shop. 

It remains to be seen if they will go public in the future. 

• Love 2

Joe is back in the news!. Will Trump listen to Joe's recommendation to pick Romney for SOS ?. Will Trump listen to  KAC & Giuilani. Joe considers himself to be a powerful advisor to Trump. I expect Joe to be in full morning rant mode tomorrow at 6 am.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/scarborough-giuliani-and-conway-are-trying-to-intimidate-trump-with-public-pressure/

Doesn't Trump realize how powerful Joe is ? Joe has the second most popular show on morning cable news. Joe was a THREE term Congressmen. Joe was on many committees.

• Love 3

Monday Mini Recap. Joe is wearing a navy blazer with a dress shirt. Mika is wearing a red top with short sleeves. I think she also has a multi colored shawl in her lap. Barnicle, Meacham & Halperin are on the panel.

Today's theme is Romney vs Giuliani . Joe loves Romney. Joe took shots at Giuliani for his security contracts & wanting the job publicly. Mika said Rudy screwed up on 9/11 because the operations center was in the WTC & it was attacked.

Joe is furious at KAC for going rogue & not supporting Romney. Joe said his sources told him Trump was mad at KAC for saying the base wants Romney to apologize for trashing Trump during the election.

Joe said Romney won't apologize.

Joe said KAC is upset that she didn't get the job she wanted in the Trump administration.

Joe seems to have to high level sources in the Trump administration

Joe said that Trump can let Giuliani be Ambassador to Italy or the UK.

Halperin said that  Petraeus or General Kelly or Senator Bob Corker could be the SOS.

Joe was upset at KAC for saying Romney did nothing for the USA over the past 4 years.

Joe said Trump will not be boxed in by anyone. Joe said Trump will decide who SOS is.

Next topic is Aleppo. Joe is mad at Obama for not fixing Syria & saving Aleppo.

Meacham said Syria & Iran are O/S issues for Obama. Atlantic  Magazine said that not many people care about Syria except for terrorism. He defended Obama from getting involved in re ordering Muslim countries & trying to fix things.

Next topic Cuba.... Castro died. He was a dictator.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3

Joe called Obama Pontius Pilate for washing his hands of Castro's death & not talking about the atrocities he committed in Cuba.

Joe trashed Canadian Boxer PM Trudeau. Joe said it was unspeakable what he said in his condolenses ! LOL!.

Joe has been insulting everyone this morning that doesn't agree with him.

Joe said Castro tortured people.  They didn't discuss the #Trudeaueulogies hash tag that made fun of PM Trudeau.

Barnicle said he covered the Mariel boat lift in 1980.

• Love 3

Meacham is talking about the Cuban Missile crisis in 1962.

There is a new guests !.  Lincoln Diaz Balart, who is the brother of the NBC anchor.

He said that Castro wanted to launch a nuclear strike on the USA if Cuba was invaded.

• Love 2

I don't recall Joe getting pissy and self-righteous when the free world (including even President Obama, sadly) effused praise on King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia when he croaked last year. I would have picked to live in Castro's Cuba over his (or any) Saudi Arabia any day.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, novhappy said:

I liked the Cuba discussion with Soledad OBrien. Interesting, if one could get past the other guy who learned how to participate in a panel discussion apparently from Trumpbots. 

I liked the discussion too.  However, I thought that one guy who wasn't Castellanos, was just incredibly rude and insufferable.  While I can understand his feelings about Castro, he wasn't even trying to hear what Soledad had to say.  

• Love 1

I don't know why Conway is saying Joe's comments were sexist. If Lewandowski and Manafort were still in charge and this behind the scenes  stuff was happening, I don't see how his comments would be different. (Indeed when Manafort and Lewandowski were having their drama with the kids etc, Joe commented on the intrigue.)  And, I'm all for any woman of any persuasion calling out sexism if and when it exists, but considering who she works for,  it's a little rich for her to be so sensitive about sexism.

• Love 6

The only thing I can think of that Conway was talking about when she called the discussion sexist was Ari Fleischer saying maybe she didn't want a job with the administration and wanted to spend more time with her kids.  That certainly isn't something that gets said about men very often.  And I agree about her not really being in a position to complain about sexism given the sexist behavior she has defended including the "legitimate rape" crap.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe is still mocking Trudeau.

Joe is still exhibiting his ignorance. Canada has maintained international relations with Cuba like forever and they both have embassies in each other's countries and Canadian people have been allowed to travel there for ages. Just because the Republicans imposed embargoes and restrictions on trade doesn't mean they were right or justified. The people who fled Cuba and now live in Florida were supporters of Batista who supported the mafia and were involved in all sorts of criminal activities and Cuba was being run by wealthy American fatcats and under whom the ordinary Cubans had terrible lives except for those who were involved in Batista's government. That's why there was a revolution. Castro may have done a lot of things wrong but he improved the lives of most native Cubans and the country is in mourning but of course Joe and the rest of the RWNJs wouldn't understand that.

Justin Trudeau's father, the former Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau, had a close relationship with Fidel Castro way back when and Castro attended PET's funeral. It's not surprising that Justin actually knows the man and not the myth that the Americans have created about him and that Justin had positive things to say about him when he died.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, shok said:

Joe is still exhibiting his ignorance. Canada has maintained international relations with Cuba like forever and they both have embassies in each other's countries and Canadian people have been allowed to travel there for ages. Just because the Republicans imposed embargoes and restrictions on trade doesn't mean they were right or justified. The people who fled Cuba and now live in Florida were supporters of Batista who supported the mafia and were involved in all sorts of criminal activities and Cuba was being run by wealthy American fatcats and under whom the ordinary Cubans had terrible lives except for those who were involved in Batista's government. That's why there was a revolution. Castro may have done a lot of things wrong but he improved the lives of most native Cubans and the country is in mourning but of course Joe and the rest of the RWNJs wouldn't understand that.

Justin Trudeau's father, the former Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau, had a close relationship with Fidel Castro way back when and Castro attended PET's funeral. It's not surprising that Justin actually knows the man and not the myth that the Americans have created about him and that Justin had positive things to say about him when he died.  

There was a  backlash against Trudeau's comments in Canada. Canadians do pay attention to the US media reports.

Trudeau did a 180 degree turn & will no longer attend Fidel Castro's funeral. They won't even let his brother attend . They are sending the Governor General instead.

• Love 3

Catching up with yesterday's show, I enjoyed the discussion between Soledad O Brien, castelanos & the angry guy in New Orleans. Soledad used to be on the weekend today show, right.? Her point was that Castro was nicer to Afro Cubans than Bautista. The wealthy white Hispanics left Cuba. Soleded said that Batista would kill people, but Castro would kill you & ensure your family never had a job or a house.

Mika & Joe are becoming caricatures of themselves. Joe was throwing up newspapers & mocking them for supporting the recounts in the election after demanding that Trump concede the election.

Joe continues to brag that Kelly Ann Conway is out of the loop & not in the inner circle.

Marcia Brady is on the panel today. Mika is wearing a new Unitarian scarf. Joe is wearing a blazer & blue checkered shirt. Nicely dressed couple!

• Love 3
22 hours ago, novhappy said:

Joe is taking smug, privileged and rude to levels never before seen. 

Mika & Joe have become very arrogant since the election. Joe spent most of yesterdays show trashing the media for being wrong about Trump since 2015. Joe should also admit that he was wrong to demand that Trump withdraw from the nomination in August 2016.

Joe pretends that he was always on Trumps side.

Mika makes too many faces st the camera.

I do like Joe's Keith zOlberman impression

• Love 4

During the first-hour conversation re today's SoS interviews and the reveal that KAC is out on her ass, Mika told us that there is no story with KAC or with the interviews until we know what the story is. I always enjoy watching her feverishly grasp for the right phrases while she's tossing a word salad.

• Love 2

I watched 10 minutes this morning.  Joe was apoplectic.  Michael Steele was trying to make a point about how KAC was just the front man to some Republicans who are against Romney.  He couldn't even get two sentences in without Joe ranting over him about how Trump never cared about what others though and he won't now. Michael was trying to say he knows that BUT ...but nothing b/c at that point Joe was literally screaming.   This was after the giddiness he exuded when discussing how KAC is out of the loop and boo hoo she didn't get the job she really wanted.  Nothing about this show SHOULD faze me but today did. Joe has seriously gone over the deep end.  

I used to enjoy the format of this show. I liked the casualness of it. I liked the coffee drinking low key vibe.  I liked the guests. I liked the way they would bounce from one to another during an interesting conversation.  It was informative. We got to hear voices we might not have normally heard on other shows. However, this isn't that show anymore.  What I see now is the Joe 3 hour brag fest.  It was horrendous before Trump won but now it has reached new depths.  I can't even tune Joe out to hear the other guests, who I still enjoy, because he is always talking over them or cutting them off.  It's no fun anymore.   I keep trying to pop back in to see he's calmed down.  I won't even mention Mika b/c at this point she is just irrelevant (both to me and on the show).

Edited by scoobie1
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, scoobie1 said:

I watched 10 minutes this morning.  Joe was apoplectic.  Michael Steele was trying to make a point about how KAC was just the front man to some Republicans who are against Romney.  He couldn't even get two sentences in without Joe ranting over him about how Trump never cared about what others though and he won't now. Michael was trying to say he knows that BUT ...but nothing b/c at that point Joe was literally screaming.   This was after the giddiness he exuded when discussing how KAC is out of the loop and boo hoo she didn't get the job she really wanted.  Nothing about this show SHOULD faze me but today did. Joe has seriously gone over the deep end.  

I used to enjoy the format of this show. I liked the casualness of it. I liked the coffee drinking low key vibe.  I liked the guests. I liked the way they would bounce from one to another during an interesting conversation.  It was informative. We got to hear voices we might not have normally heard on other shows. However, this isn't that show anymore.  What I see now is the Joe 3 hour brag fest.  It was horrendous before Trump won but now it has reached new depths.  I can't even tune Joe out to hear the other guests, who I still enjoy, because he is always talking over them or cutting them off.  It's no fun anymore.   I keep trying to pop back in to see he's calmed down.  I won't even mention Mika b/c at this point she is just irrelevant (both to me and on the show).

The show should be renamed Morning Trump.

Mika & Joe position themselves as Trump spokespeople. It's hilarious that they believe they are closer to Trump than KAC

• Love 1

So my favorite part of this "3 hour" program is when Anand Giridharadas comes on and talks about his personal experience with dealing with internet trolls post-election. It's poignant and interesting. And it's no coincidence that Joe isn't on the set. Then Joe comes on, accuses Anand of being irrational and shuts down the conversation.

I wish there was another free-form, intelligent, funny talk show like this on TV because this show's host is absolutely ruining this one.

• Love 7

Did anyone see what Chris Cuomo tweeted regarding Joe and Mika's relationship to Trump? I won't link to the tweet, but this is the gist of it:

They have always been boosters. Things turned south when trump froze them out but coverage always stilted. They are transition spokesmen now

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scoobie1 said:

I used to enjoy it, too, while I was having my coffee.  However, Joe has become insufferable and rude and TPTB needs to tell him to calm down and be more respectful to his guests, whether he agrees with them or not.  That's what he (and Mika) get paid the big bucks for.    

• Love 3