Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

I don't think she was blaming the victims. At one point she had her head hung down as Joe was blathering. I think it disturbed her.

For the record, I don't think Joe was blaming the victims either...at least not for being victimized. His ire was focused on why & how they were coming forward now - and accusing the Clinton campaign of engineering it all.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 3

Today, when the were talking about the accusers coming forward, Mika discussed how she was a page on Capitol Hill and was harassed. She started to say "My parents prepared me..." but Joe interrupted. I changed the channel then because Ms. Know Your Worth had joined with those blaming the victims. A sorry spectacle.

If you hadn't changed the channel, you would have heard Mika say that while her parents had prepared her, young people from other parts of the country, or whose parents weren't familiar with Capitol Hill and its denizens, did not have that advantage, and it was these kids who were often victimized. There was no blame in her comments. Just sympathy. And perhaps empathy.

• Love 2

First, Joe, so what if the Clinton campaign had anything to do with this? If Jeb! and Teddy had done their oppo homework, we could have been spared this national septic tank explosion. Second, I' m sorry to be the one to tell you, but there's not going to be a Trump tv network. Networks require advertisers, and Trump is toxic and only likely to get more so before it's over. And finally, on Nov. 9, the cable news networks are going to want to scrub all traces of this filth off them. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox even ditched Hannity. For MSNBC, the stench coagulates around your show.

You should have been happy with that $8 mil. because you might not have it much longer.

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, Lokiberry said:

First, Joe, so what if the Clinton campaign had anything to do with this? If Jeb! and Teddy had done their oppo homework, we could have been spared this national septic tank explosion. Second, I' m sorry to be the one to tell you, but there's not going to be a Trump tv network. Networks require advertisers, and Trump is toxic and only likely to get more so before it's over. And finally, on Nov. 9, the cable news networks are going to want to scrub all traces of this filth off them. I wouldn't be surprised if Fox even ditched Hannity. For MSNBC, the stench coagulates around your show.

You should have been happy with that $8 mil. because you might not have it much longer.

Amen, except we're all hoping he does jump ship so MSNBC will give that time slot to people with functioning brains and a sense of morality. 

• Love 6

I wish there was a way for you to mute just once person's voice when watching a tv show because this show would be so much better without having to listen to Joe.  He was on fire today regarding the women coming forward in allegations against Trump.  I know the video came out before the debate but maybe if Trump hadn't paraded BC's past at the debate and had had a sane (even if a total lie) comment regarding the tape we wouldn't be hearing all this stuff now.   How come Joe hasn't brought up the old tape of Trump commenting negatively on Paula Jones etal and basically saying no big deal regarding Bill's actions - guess because this would just emphasize again Trump's view of women.

Oh and Joe's remarks that Jeb would be crushing Hillary.  Come on.  Jeb never had a chance to win the nomination because he has the albatross of his brother.

The panelists on this show are so much better than Joe or Mika. 

I didn't comment regarding yesterday's show but one thing that really bugged me was Joe and Mika making fun of Gore and going on and on about the lack of relationship between Gore and Clinton.  Gore did get more votes nationally than Bush.  Gore deeply cares about climate change so why wouldn't he support the candidate who believes in climate change vs the one that is a climate change denier?  And at least that was at a rally where an issue was discussed.  Does Trump cover anything other that she's the devil, she has hate in her heart, and BC's past?

• Love 10

Oh and Joe's remarks that Jeb would be crushing Hillary.  Come on.  Jeb never had a chance to win the nomination because he has the albatross of his brother.

Interestingly enough, from the Podesta emails it seems that the Clinton camp was very worried about Jeb, especially the candidate herself. (Others were more concerned with Rubio.) That said, I agree with your view - but Joe isn't completely crazy for saying that. (I would have agreed with him had he said Kasich, but it's silly to argue hypotheticals.)

• Love 1

Just shows how logic and Joe are in different universes. If he couldn't beat Trump, how the fuck was he going to beat Hillary? 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Landsnark said:

Is the 8:05am mark a repeat from earlier?  Joe is now attacking Bill Clinton, a figure in the past he hugely admires, and supports Trump going "buck wild" because right now Bill Clinton's transgressions are more important? 
They are re-litigating Bill Clinton's behavior.   Trying to attach it to Trump's fitness to be President.   I just cannot believe this.

8 hours ago, novhappy said:

Yes they are repeatin g the first hour.  Watch as Mika shuts down completely. In her mind she is probably figuring out how she would like to slowly torture and maim Joe. 

Do they always repeat? 

It felt like Groundhog Day when I tuned in just after 8 this am.

I was reading posts on what was happening practically at-the-moment.

There are very few shows I watch start-to-finish and the remote sometimes gets grabbed for more than just commercials when it's MJ time.

Yet I try.

I can't imagine this ending well for Joe. I wish Mika would not only know her value but speak it!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

Do they always repeat? 

Yes, they almost always repeat the first couple of segments of the show in the 8-8:30 slot. Sometimes they edit it slightly. Very occasionally, if it is a big breaking news day, then they will do a full 3 hours without the repeat, but that is pretty rare.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Eliot said:

I don't think she was blaming the victims. At one point she had her head hung down as Joe was blathering. I think it disturbed her.

For the record, I don't think Joe was blaming the victims either...at least not for being victimized. His ire was focused on why & how they were coming forward now - and accusing the Clinton campaign of engineering it all.

I only watched the first twenty minutes, but it all seemed strange.  The only woman on the panel - a woman who's said she's experienced what's being discussed - was either unable, or unwilling to add her opinion to the panel full of men.  Men who've never been a woman groped by an older superior, but speaking knowledgeably on the topic   

Then there's Mika, who looked so disturbed I expected her to pop her thumb in her mouth.  And finally, Joe - speaking for her and acting as her spouse, protector, or father.   I couldn't figure out which one.  But he managed to titillate the audience with the info that these multiple men who took advantage of Mika, are still in power and speaking against Trump.  Something I think Mika would have said if she wanted that out there.  

• Love 9
On 10/11/2016 at 0:35 PM, NextIteration said:

Wasn't the argument made (by Halperin or Heilemann) that the NBC/WSJ poll stayed in the field through yesterday (an extra day- reporting out twice)?  Didn't that get repeated to Joe a few times?  (I kept waking up and falling asleep this morning.)  I hope that is true, because I really wanted data from the tape - and data from the debate, separately.  I think it's important as a measure so we can distinguish effects from each event.

Agreed. Joe didn't realize the value of NBC staying in the field during the weekend. The goal was to analyze the effect of the Access Hollywood tapes. Trump's support should have declined on Friday & Saturday. It did increase on people polled on Monday. It's a good poll. Joe will be happy tomorrow that Trump is ahead in Ohio & close behind in NC. If Hillary wins NC or Ohio, it's over for Trump.

I hope Joe will discuss the credibility of Trump's latest accusers. CNN interviewed Jessica Leeds tonight. The other person from People Magazine was a well respected writer in Toronto before joining People. . She said that Trump kissed her forcefully at Mar a Lago in 2005. Joe should apologize tomorrow for trashing these women.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I only watched the first twenty minutes, but it all seemed strange.  The only woman on the panel - a woman who's said she's experienced what's being discussed - was either unable, or unwilling to add her opinion to the panel full of men.  Men who've never been a woman groped by an older superior, but speaking knowledgeably on the topic   

Then there's Mika, who looked so disturbed I expected her to pop her thumb in her mouth.  And finally, Joe - speaking for her and acting as her spouse, protector, or father.   I couldn't figure out which one.  But he managed to titillate the audience with the info that these multiple men who took advantage of Mika, are still in power and speaking against Trump.  Something I think Mika would have said if she wanted that out there.  

Mika released new information on today's show about feeling uncomfortable when she was a Congress Paige & her early days as a reporter. I wonder if she would dare release the names of people that treated her poorly. In her first book, she admitted to be traumatized by an incident with a pervert who tried to sexually assault her when she was in high school.

• Love 4

Friday Recap. Joe is wearing a burgundy sweater. Mika is off. Katty Kay is the only female on set. The focus was on Michelle Obama's speech. The panel agreed that she was a better speaker than Hillary. Michelle doesn't like Trump's locker room talk.

Joe was happy that the polls showed Trump ahead in Ohio & slightly behind in NC.

Hillary will not do any rallies till next Wed. Eugene thinks it's a great idea for Hillary to avoid campaigning, since Trump is unhinged & yelling about conspiracies.

Joe bragged that he was right about the polls getting closer.

Joe predicts that Trump will get 2-3% ballot box bump.

Joe bragged that Katty Kay's elitist friends have no clue about Brexit. Katty Kau said not of her friends thought Brexit would win.

The economist editor looked like Katty Kay. They are worried about Trump. She thought that the Trump is a demagogue.

Katty talked to a democrat steelworker in Ohio that will vote for Trump because he will protect stel industry.

Joe called Katty . Posh Katty. Zanny said she left London & it was a different country. The elites wanted to stay in the EU.

Zanny's parents wanted to leave.

Katty joked that Joe goes to watch soccer in Manchester.

Joe is a lot calmer today. Perhaps someone at MSNBC told him to quiet down ?

• Love 1

Ben Carson wouldn't answer whether he thought Trump's accusers were lying.  Then he kept saying "You people" and Joe yelled at him for it.  

That was a  train wreck.  

ETA the video.

Edited by 33kaitykaity
  • Love 4

Joe thinks that Trump up by one in Ohio and more campaign signs on lawns is enough to win the country. 

More "armrest defense" from Ben Carson. Plus him trying to get Katty Kay's microphone turned off because she asked if he thought the accusers were lying! This isn't O'Reilly! At least Joe stood up to that screwball.

• Love 7

Did I miss it or was there no mention of how unhinged Trump's speeches were yesterd

There was.  Willie even asked Ari "Make America Barf Again" Fleischer if he thought the talk about Hlllary plotting with the int'l cabals of bankers was dog whistle for Jews controlling the world finances. That old trope. 

Ari said he had a really hard time calling Trump a racist or anti semite.  

Joe started out somewhat calm this morning but I'd say withing 10-15 minutes he was full out Trump is going to pull this out.  If this happens, and that happens, and then this happens who knows?!   Because Brexit. 

When he started, the camera went to Willie and the look on his face was priceless. Like "OMG what the fuck is he going to say? Can I someone slip down on my stool and crawl out of the studio? "

• Love 5
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Joe bragged that he was right about the polls getting closer.

Joe predicts that Trump will get 2-3% ballot box bump.

Joe bragged that Katty Kay's elitist friends have no clue about Brexit. Katty Kau said not of her friends thought Brexit would win.

Joe had Steve K. practically tied in knots jumping around to make Joe's predictions work in the ElectoralCollege.

God that was tedious. Practically every permutation. If all you've got is a whiteboard with numbers just go home.

And I am so tired of the word "elite" being tossed around. It now has a much more negative than positive spin to it. And I can hear scorn just dripping from it any time it's spoken. It didn't used to be completely horrible to be "elite".

• Love 8

And I am so tired of the word "elite" being tossed around. It now has a much more negative than positive spin to it. And I can hear scorn just dripping from it any time it's spoken. It didn't used to be completely horrible to be "elite".

And I'm sure it's being thrown around by Joe, Mr. Redneck Riviera who left it all behind for his $8 million a year job, summers in the Hamptons .... Yeah Joe you're about as down home as Caviar and private jets. 

Definition of elite:  a select part of a group that is superior to the rest in terms of ability or qualities.

Yes I'd say the fact that some of us have the ability to read and comprehend numbers and polls, and  our morals and upbringing have given us qualities like not screaming at people when they disagree with us,  or bragging about assaulting women and making fun of people, makes us pretty fucking elite. 

• Love 17

Last week we had Joe crowing that Ohio was in the bag for Trump since he was ahead 5?7? (I can't remember the exact amount).  Now he's ahead by 1 but instead of saying his numbers had fallen it's that he's coming on strong in Ohio despite the bad week. 

I would have liked in Katty Kay asked that steel worker how Trump was going to save or bring back the steel industry.  I recently read a report that talked about how today's US steel industry puts out the same amount of steel as 20 years ago with 1/5 or 1/4 (can't remember exactly) the number of workers.  It can do this because of technology.   Does Trump actually have a policy on this other than rail about free trade (which he totally ignores the fact that there are some US industries/companies that have won under such agreements).  Or to get rid of all EPA regulations?

I've put Ari F on my list of guests to mute.

The reports on Syria this show has been doing have been very good and heart breaking.  There's no easy answers here.

• Love 2

I don't know why legitimate news networks even bother with Ben Carson. He is cheerfully ignorant and brings nothing substantial to the table. Just another Sarah Palin with a more impressive pedigree. Unfortunately I think they book him for the shitshows like this morning that result, which become "viral."

• Love 9
2 hours ago, abbyzenn said:

Last week we had Joe crowing that Ohio was in the bag for Trump since he was ahead 5?7? (I can't remember the exact amount).  Now he's ahead by 1 but instead of saying his numbers had fallen it's that he's coming on strong in Ohio despite the bad week. 

I would have liked in Katty Kay asked that steel worker how Trump was going to save or bring back the steel industry.  I recently read a report that talked about how today's US steel industry puts out the same amount of steel as 20 years ago with 1/5 or 1/4 (can't remember exactly) the number of workers.  It can do this because of technology.   Does Trump actually have a policy on this other than rail about free trade (which he totally ignores the fact that there are some US industries/companies that have won under such agreements).  Or to get rid of all EPA regulations?

I would have liked Katty Kay to ask if the steel worker knew that Trump used China steel/ aluminum and concrete (probable mob ties to concrete business) on his last buildings.

• Love 10

I would have liked Katty Kay to ask if the steel worker knew that Trump used China steel/ aluminum and concrete (probable mob ties to concrete business) on his last buildings.

I'm sure Joe would have cut her off with something about  how Trump is inspiring Dems to vote Republican just like Ronald Reagan did. And then pivot to back in 94 when he was Cock of the Walk in Congress and was telling Newt Gingrich how to take over and he knew every undercover agent in Mossad and advised Bill Gates on how to  design WIndows 95, and knew that  Ross & Rachel would end up together.  

• Love 11
12 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Joe had Steve K. practically tied in knots jumping around to make Joe's predictions work in the ElectoralCollege.

God that was tedious. Practically every permutation. If all you've got is a whiteboard with numbers just go home.

The particular irony here is that there have been so many instances of Scarborough assigning himself the very persona that he tries to condemn in supporting this patronizing "elite".

What else are those still lingering black and white photos he and Mika posed for to pimp their show?  It was to convey how they were part of an "elite".

The funny thing is also that "elite" is one of those words, like genius, humble, elegant, philanthropists and thanks to reality television social media, oddly enough, Entrepreneur.  They are words you refer to others by but not yourself.  And here is this notion by Scarborough and his ilk trying to make the idea of elite seem a deliberate self-imposed exclusion and a diminishing of others around you don't deem to be of your own standard when that is what he lives and breathes.

Ben Carson is incredible in how much magical thinking this man applies to his world view.  I'm waiting to hear some story like "Ben Carson leaps from jet at 30000 feet because he thought he could get to his destination quicker if he flew there himself" or "Ben Carson revealed to have suffered stroke ten years ago; friends of victim realized something was wrong when he kept asking us to pass the toast when there wasn't even any bread, let alone toast" or "The CDC reveals stupid is contagious; Ben Carson caught a fatal dose when he shook Giuliani's hand years ago at a conservative rally".

11 hours ago, Nidratime said:

Speaking of the Brexit comparison, I didn't know the British electorate and the American electorate was so similar ... because it's not.

I would love to see someone push on this and see if Scarborough can even explain the generalities of why many of the Brexit recanters cast their votes as they did in the first place as a "protest".   He still seems to think the Brexit protests are akin to the Anyone But Voters on either side.  In many ways it the opposite despite the reactionary elements similarities.  Just trying to watch Scarborough actually try to parse any difference let alone the key one in which it tied to a multi-party system's flaws would be amusing if November wasn't looming so much.

• Love 5

Re: Ben Carson's interview with Katty Kay, when he became visibly agitated at her quickening speech, then asked if they could cut her mic.

I don't know how to say it here. But my antenae went up at that. That was a tell for something I have long suspected about the odd Doctor. 

Couldn't take the cross talk. Too much noise. Brilliant in one area. Savant, yet so sort of limited. Emotionless, socially odd. 

Fill in the blanks. 

And he ran for president. People supported him. They thought he was qualified. 

Facepalm and aghast at this election cycle. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 6
On 10/13/2016 at 7:08 AM, 33kaitykaity said:

I love it when Mika makes faces, when she's annoyed or irritated or bored or exasperated.  she doesn't have to always have that candy hostess smile.  

It's very funny because other cable hosts rarely do that.

• Love 5

Why did Joe change into a royal blue fleece shirt for the 8:30 am part of the show?

Kornacki needs a magic wall like John King. Joe was asking Steve about several scenarios & Steve had to do math in his head. It's pretty simple. Romney got 206. If he wins Florida & Ohio, he gets an extra 47. Iowa & Nevada is worth 11.

They showed a poll with Trump behind 3 in NH. If he wins that he gets 4. That would be 268 +1 from that Maine Electoral District. Trump ends up with 269. Congress decides!.

They should bring in a Constitutional Expert, because if it's tied, 1 rogue Trump elector could vote for Hillary before it got to a tie.

I think it's hilarious that Joe rails against the "elite" & makes fun of Posh Katty, yet he spends his summer in Martha's Vineyard. He rags about living in New Canaan Conn. He styles his hair like a Kennedy. It's so silly.

I like Chris Jansing. I think she would be a good host for Morning Joe. Shut up Joe, with his "Go Tribe" talk.

I think Joe is making the same mistake in 2012. He is too focused on anecdotes. He discussed crowds at Romney rallies in Ohio & the Rasmussen polls etc. He trashed Nate Silver. Joe forgot that Obama's ground game added 3-4% to his final numbers.

• Love 3

I just watched the Ben Carson- Posh Katty microphone meltdown. Carson came on to talk about the USA losing it's status as a pinnacle nation. The US was a train going off a cliff. He wanted to focus on big issues. Posh Katty wanted to discuss Trump's alleged sexual assaults on women.  Carson said he thought is was not logistically possible for Trump to grope the lady on the plane because of the air hostesses being present. There are also armrests.

Carson said the USA has to stop listening to experts & elites. Posh Katty (PK) was furious at that comment. PK said the Leave campaign argued the same point & the UK Pound is down 15% against the USD. I think PK gets paid in pounds from the BBC America, so her salary in US Dollars has declined.

Joe said it was important to listen to economists & math. Joe forgot all the fights he had with the Nobel Prize Wining Economist Paul Krugman.

Joe & Ben got into a fight over Judeao Christian values during the campaign. Ben said it's not important now because of all the attacks on Trump.

Katty wanted to know if Ben thought the women were liars or not. Ben said he didn't know & didn't care if they were liars.

Katty erupted at him. Ben asked Joe to turn off her microphone. Joe stared shouting at Ben that they don't do that. Joe forgot that they did do that to Trump & a Baptist Minister who wanted to burn the Koran a few years ago. Bellowing Joe & Carson were shouting at each other over Judeo Christian values.

Marcia Brady look alike Elise Jordan got upset at Ben for supporting Trump. She said that no one called him out for sexual transgressions during his campaign except Trump who called him a pedophile!. Wow!. She was very upset after the interview & said she worshiped Ben when she was in College.

Joe started sipping his Starbucks drink on screen & got pissy at Ben. Ben said the networks are all biased & they shouldn't be. Joe said all networks have a different point of view. Joe bragged that he reads many newspapers & watches TV from other networks to filter his opinions.

Joe said he was a champion of the people.! Ben told Joe to work on his colleagues. Joe said they can take care of themselves.

Posh Katty was very upset after the interview & said it was censorship to take away her microphone. Posh Katty then rang a bell and asked her servant to bring her a cup of tea & some crumpets.

Edited by oakville
spelling
  • Love 9
On 10/14/2016 at 9:04 AM, Landsnark said:

The piece on Aleppo is the reason I began watching this show.  Nice shot at redemption, modulated (and probably drugged) Joe.

The show used to cover those topics in more detail from 2007-2012

• Love 3
On 10/14/2016 at 10:56 AM, Nidratime said:

Speaking of the Brexit comparison, I didn't know the British electorate and the American electorate was so similar ... because it's not.

The demographics are different. It's also a parliamentary democracy not a Republic.

• Love 2

@oakville is cracking me up.  

38 minutes ago, oakville said:

Carson said the USA has to stop listening to experts & elites. Posh Katty (PK) was furious at that comment. PK said the Leave campaign argued the same point & the UK Pound is down 15% against the USD. I think PK gets paid in pounds from the BBC America, so her salary in US Dollars has declined.

38 minutes ago, oakville said:

Posh Katty was very upset after the interview & said it was censorship to take away her microphone. Posh Katty then rang a bell and asked her servant to bring her a cup of tea & some crumpets.

Stuff like this is what is getting me through this clusterfuck of an election.   Otherwise, I'm depressed about it.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

@oakville is cracking me up.  

Stuff like this is what is getting me through this clusterfuck of an election.   Otherwise, I'm depressed about it.  

I feel sorry for all the voters in the USA. I can't believe how badly this campaign has gone. The USA deserves better  choices.

I will be getting increasingly sarcastic during the final weeks of this campaign.

PoshKatty is my new nickname for her. Joe used the name but I love it. She does come across as a member of the elite.

• Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:51 AM, Maire said:

Joe thinks that Trump up by one in Ohio and more campaign signs on lawns is enough to win the country. 

More "armrest defense" from Ben Carson. Plus him trying to get Katty Kay's microphone turned off because she asked if he thought the accusers were lying! This isn't O'Reilly! At least Joe stood up to that screwball.

At least later in the morning Thomas Roberts knew that first class in Braniff planes at the time DID have removable armrests. If anything, being an oddity, that seems to make her story even more credible! (Sorry Joe and Mika).

• Love 3

Monday recap. Mika has a new unitarian red scarf. Mika is wearing a new light blue sweater. Joe is wearing his old navy blue fleece. Joe wanted to discuss the ABC poll. He didn't like the NBC poll & asked Halperin to explain the divergence. Joe said Joe wants to go back to his golf courses. He won't lead the Trump movement. What happened to Trump TV?

The big topic was wikileaks. Mika had trouble reading the teleprompter. They were excited about Clinton's friends doing polls about Obama's cocaine use & muslim dad etc. Sam Stein tried to defend Clinton, saying the polls would be used for the general election but Joe started shouting at him & mocking him for attending Dartmouth school.

Halperin confirmed Obama was furious abut the polls & was yelling at Hillary on a tarmac.

Donnie is doing his best to defend Hillary. Ratner is looking up info on his ipad.

Halperin said it was still possible for Trump to win. but he is behind by 5 points nationally.

• Love 3

A few minutes in, and the show is already annoying me.

They are giggling at the SNL portrayal of Hillary, no mention of Alec Baldwin as Trump.

Next, they are leading with a ABC/Washington Post poll, rather than the NBC/WSJ poll (which they reference second, as a counter to the more-favorable-to-Trump ABC poll). Focusing as usual on "honest and trustworthy" question rather than the big picture. It seems odd that they wouldn't lead with their own network's poll. I noticed they even used the ABC/WP poll data in the chyron, rather than the NBC data.

And finally, some false equivalence with Trump - the actual candidate - indicating his refusal to concede a loss and ginning up his angry base, versus some unknown psycho firebombing a Republican campaign office. "Both sides do it," blah blah blah. Is he trying to claim that Clinton is urging her supporters to the same level of violence Trump is? 

Joe also misrepresenting the polling referenced in Wikileaks as being conducted by the Clinton campaign (not true) and can't seem to remember that the 2008 campaign was against McCain, not Romney.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 6

Donnie is the voice of reason today. Joe is trying to sell that Trump will go back to his fantastic life after this campaign and Donnie's not having it. No one has yet mentioned that Jared Kushner is already reaching out to set up Trump TV for after the election.

• Love 5

Focusing as usual on "honest and trustworthy" question rather than the big picture. It seems odd that they wouldn't lead with their own network's poll.

Wish someone would remind Joe & MIka that the Politico rating shows HRC lies less than most politicians, where Trump lies more than most people. Except maybe Joe.  And Mika, to herself. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Maire said:

Donnie is the voice of reason today. Joe is trying to sell that Trump will go back to his fantastic life after this campaign and Donnie's not having it. No one has yet mentioned that Jared Kushner is already reaching out to set up Trump TV for after the election.

Donnie had been one of the only voices of reason on MJ lately, along with John Heilemann, Steve Schmidt and Katy Kay.  Has Nicolle been back since Me-eka bit her head off?  She's been a frequent guest on Bri-Wi's 11th Hour.

• Love 2

Sam Stein tried to defend Clinton, saying the polls would be used for the general election but Joe started shouting at him & mocking him for attending Dartmouth school.

Stein's defense was ridiculous. The poll was proposed in January 2008 and is better classified as a "push poll" - ie a way to spread dirty rumors about your opponent. If you track down the particular email, the questions were disgusting. E.g. what would you think if you learned that Obama was the only candidate not to cover his heart during the national anthem. That's some Karl Rove shit right there.

As for the Dartmouth dig, I think Mila's daughter goes there, wonder what that was all about.

• Love 2

Stein was correctly pointing out that it was not the Clinton campaign that designed the poll. He also pointed out that the poll focus-tested attack lines on Clinton and McCain as well.

Now, you can argue that the content of the attack lines against Obama was objectionable and that the Clinton campaign at least pondered using some of those attack lines themselves, but Stein was correct on where the poll originated.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Maire said:

Exactly.  Trump TV is the worst-kept secret in media and a lot of us predicted that this was the Tangerine One's next move.  It also sheds even more light as to what may have been promised to Squinty and Meek-a when they made their pilgrimage to Trump Tower last month.

Given the lawsuits that are set to be litigated immediately after the election, I don't foresee Trump settling into a fantastic life anytime soon.  

• Love 3