Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

It's Equestrian Monday on Morning Joe. Mika is alone on her high horse today. She is wearing a tight black sweater from her "Bond Villainess" collection. Mika crowed about the polls showing Hillary leading by 12%. USA Today said she has a lock on 272 Electoral Votes .

Mika on her own is a completely different show. Mika got condescending with everyone on the panel.

Mika scoffed at the GOP for letting Trump win the nomination. Mika laughed at all the GOP members that endorsed Trump & got nothing for it.

Mika denied ever saying anything nice about Trump.

Mika got upset at being called out by Steele.

Barnicle agreed that the elites were out of touch with regular voters. Barnicle said elites want a $15 minimum wage, & portable health care plans.

Steele said the GOP has to respect the 14 million votes that Trump earned in the election.

A big loss is better for the GOP becaue they could renounce Trumpism.

Mika wants all the GOP to go away for endorsing Trump.

Harold Ford Jr & Marcia Brady were on the set. Harold Ford briefly mentioned that Democrats had a populist wing that may not agree with everything Hillary supports

Morning Joe hasn't done many stories on how Bernie Sanders supporters will react to Hillary winning.

Today's episode will be fun to watch because Mika goes overboard when Joe is away. She will be quieter when Joe gets back. I think he is overseeing renovations to the undisclosed bunker today.

• Love 12

I looked at the official results from 2012. They do count write in votes. Roseanne Barr was running for President ?

I'm going by news stories I have heard on NPR in the last few days, and other news sources. 

If you write in someone who isn't on the ballot, they aren't counted officially.  

• Love 1

So Joe is "off" and Lawrence O'Donnell is a guest?   Could Phil be trying out some new hosts for when Joe jumps ship to Trump.TV?   

I have a feeling Joe is out of the building because he can't face having to discuss the new ABC poll with Clinton up 12 points.  Or the fact that Trump sullied the hallowed ground of Gettysburg by proclaiming he would sue the women who confirmed him  doing what he admitted to doing on the Access Hollywood tape.  

Lawrence for the record, when Mika tried to shush you when you brought up that you've been waiting for five years for Trump to follow thru on his hollow threat to sue you, and that he dare not sue those women because the Access Hollywood tape will be entered into evidence, I mentally slapped her. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 9

Michael Steele was right about the 14 million voters who put trump in this position but Mika was right too.  He's not a republican!

I've decided that only reason he was able to get all the crazies out to vote for him, was not only the racist things he's been saying which appeal to a certain segment, but because of his celebrity status.  If he was just a regular Joe Schmo that no one had ever heard of, he would have been dismissed.  He would not have know how to play the press for suckers and the press wouldn't have covered him live, as breaking news, everytime he opened his fat mouth.

I was glad Ben Ginsburg was on to be the straight guy to Michael Steele.   No Michael Steele you never endorsed trump, but you have danced around this crap fest for so long, you basically have endorsed him.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 6

Snopes  on the write-in process.

'Under current rules, 34 states — including the swing state of Ohio — require candidates to file paperwork before write-in votes for them can be counted. Another nine states (Arkansas, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and South Dakota) don't count write-in votes for presidential elections.'

Mika was on fire this morning. Wish she'd find some spot in-between her simperingly quiet loyalty to Joe's presence and her on fire takedown position. 

And as long as I'm wishing, I wish LOD would fill Joe's spot. Or Joy. Or...

• Love 6

'Under current rules, 34 states — including the swing state of Ohio — require candidates to file paperwork before write-in votes for them can be counted. 

I think this is the ruling that was referred to in the NPR story I heard about write ins.  If you write in FDR, or Ronald Reagan, or someone not officially on the ballot, it isn't counted.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, teddysmom said:

So Joe is "off" and Lawrence O'Donnell is a guest?   Could Phil be trying out some new hosts for when Joe jumps ship to Trump.TV?   

I have a feeling Joe is out of the building because he can't face having to discuss the new ABC poll with Clinton up 12 points.  Or the fact that Trump sullied the hallowed ground of Gettysburg by proclaiming he would sue the women who confirmed him  doing what he admitted to doing on the Access Hollywood tape.  

Lawrence for the record, when Mika tried to shush you when you brought up that you've been waiting for five years for Trump to follow thru on his hollow threat to sue you, and that he dare not sue those women because the Access Hollywood tape will be entered into evidence, I mentally slapped her. 

At the beginning of the show, Mika said why Joe was not there, but I could not make out what she said. It was something like: "joe is out with son set", which makes no sense, but that's what it sounded like.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, NewDigs said:

Snopes  on the write-in process.

'Under current rules, 34 states — including the swing state of Ohio — require candidates to file paperwork before write-in votes for them can be counted. Another nine states (Arkansas, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and South Dakota) don't count write-in votes for presidential elections.'

Mika was on fire this morning. Wish she'd find some spot in-between her simperingly quiet loyalty to Joe's presence and her on fire takedown position. 

And as long as I'm wishing, I wish LOD would fill Joe's spot. Or Joy. Or...

Isn't it amusing to witness Mika's personality switch-ups when Joe is present versus his absence?  It's like something out of 'Sybil'.  If it's so painfully obvious to us viewers, why isn't she remotely aware of it herself?  God, I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see what passes for interaction between those two "at home".  I get an emotional battery vibe; if she can't find the guts to stand up to him on TV, where she's at least conditionally protected by workplace laws and the eyes and ears of all the viewers, I wonder what takes place in private, when she's all on her own.  Oh - I forgot:  she "knows her value".  Riiiiight...........

• Love 7

God, I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see what passes for interaction between those two "at home". 

http://jezebel.com/who-do-joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski-think-theyre-1786795726

There are pics toward the bottom of Mika running up to Joe and jumping into his arms outside an ice cream place in DC.  Barf bags not included. 

Today's episode will be fun to watch because Mika goes overboard when Joe is away. She will be quieter when Joe gets back. I think he is overseeing renovations to the undisclosed bunker today.

I wonder if she knows Joe can't watch tv this morning and that's why she went off the reservation, yelling about Republicans etc.

I know she does that a little when Joe is there, but he usually shuts her up before she can get more than a couple words in. 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I think Joe was on a time out today by MSNBC. He really went off the rails late last week and Mika even half-heartedly apologized to Harold Ford for her behavior last week with him.

I actually thought Mika was tolerable today with everyone except her Michael Steel bit.

I hope they don't give the show to O'Donnell. He is way too far up his own ass. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Isn't it amusing to witness Mika's personality switch-ups when Joe is present versus his absence?  It's like something out of 'Sybil'.  If it's so painfully obvious to us viewers, why isn't she remotely aware of it herself?  God, I'd love to be a fly on the wall to see what passes for interaction between those two "at home".  I get an emotional battery vibe; if she can't find the guts to stand up to him on TV, where she's at least conditionally protected by workplace laws and the eyes and ears of all the viewers, I wonder what takes place in private, when she's all on her own.  Oh - I forgot:  she "knows her value".  Riiiiight...........

I have no idea what her ex-husband was like, but I find it difficult to fathom that she threw that away for this mess of a relationship with Joe.

I would be more impressed with Meek-a finding her tongue today if she didn't allow her boyfriend to talk over her, talk for her and treat her like a lapdog onscreen.  For all her scoffing today, she is still trying to rewrite history about her role in propping up Drumpf.  Bill Kristol must have struck a nerve.  Too bad that other media critics have specifically cited her and Joe for their embarrassingly fawning coverage of Drumpf for months.  There was a reason that the show was derisively referred to as "Morning Trump" with its constant promotion of the candidate, including call-in interviews, interruptions and a softball personal interview with his wife.  Add to that the nearly daily bashing of Secretary Clinton for simply existing.  Did these two fools really believe Drumpf was just joking when he made his comments in Ohio about accepting the election results if he won?  If so, please let the rest of us in on the joke!

And, how will Joe and Meek-a ever explain why Drumpf called them "supporters?"

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 3

The difference between her timid behavior next to Joe and her outspoken energetic persona when he's not there is crazy. 
I don't want to dislike Mika.  But I do.  I don't like outspoken Mika.  She's shrill and sanctimonious and can be suddenly very mean for no discernible reason.  I don't like spineless Mika either.  It's sort of gross to watch.
Mika is not cool.  She needs to relax, and, she needs to curate a sense of humor.  And she needs a LOT of therapy.  Her childhood experiences have done a real number on her.  I prescribe a month away from Joe and TV and everyone in her life, at a high-end hippie dippy desert spa with no drugs, no booze, no coffee, no media...  Just exercise, therapy, relaxation, clean food, therapy, massages, and therapy.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

The difference between her timid behavior next to Joe and her outspoken energetic persona when he's not there is crazy. 
I don't want to dislike Mika.  But I do.  I don't like outspoken Mika.  She's shrill and sanctimonious and can be suddenly very mean for no discernible reason.  I don't like spineless Mika either.  It's sort of gross to watch.

It's very gross. I don't like either of her personas either, and its creepy to see the change. "Sybil as Bond Villain" is about it! I think in addition to being humorless, she's not very bright and she's kind of a mean girl.  I wish she were as smart and cool as she seems to think she is.

• Love 8

I hope they don't give the show to O'Donnell. He is way too far up his own ass. 

Agreed. I think O'Donnell is cut from the same cloth as Joe - smug, self-righteous, and ultimately a bully. Joe is more of a blowhard, but he have more of a sense of humor than O'Donnell. 

• Love 3

I'm going to agree in thinking that O'Donnell is not right for the slot.  He's a biased ideologue.  There's a spot for that, but not at 6am.  There's no need to create a super-serious analogue to Fox'n'Friends.  O'Donnell needs to dial it back by like a million.
I don't think Joy Reid is right either.  I view her more as an issues-based analyst.  More of a panelist or issues magazine format host than morning chat show host.  She's too serious for a morning show.
Maybe Alex Wagner and Heilemann??  Meh.  Maybe too light and silly.
Dreamy McRoberts & Sara Silverman?  Steven Colbert & Hallie Jackson (maybe?), Katie Tur (nah), Kasie Hunt (maybe?)

It's an equation, right?  The two sides of the equation have to balance... (Smart + Funny / Large Personality) = (Traffic Cop x Connections - Ego)
or something like that.

Or, how about Bill Mahr and KellyAnne Conway?  Katrina Pierson?  Rudy Giuliani?

• Love 1

Wow!  Morning Joe clips are so much better without Joe.   I watched the first episode of The Circus and wasn't impressed and didn't watch more.   I might watch this one.  There was a 3 episode BBC comedy series last year called Asylum which was about two guys stuck in the "El Rican" embassy in London.  I liked that. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

I have no idea what her ex-husband was like, but I find it difficult to fathom that she threw that away for this mess of a relationship with Joe.

I would be more impressed with Meek-a finding her tongue today if she didn't allow her boyfriend to talk over her, talk for her and treat her like a lapdog onscreen.  For all her scoffing today, she is still trying to rewrite history about her role in propping up Drumpf.  Bill Kristol must have struck a nerve.  Too bad that other media critics have specifically cited her and Joe for their embarrassingly fawning coverage of Drumpf for months.  There was a reason that the show was derisively referred to as "Morning Trump" with its constant promotion of the candidate, including call-in interviews, interruptions and a softball personal interview with his wife.  Add to that the nearly daily bashing of Secretary Clinton for simply existing.  Did these two fools really believe Drumpf was just joking when he made his comments in Ohio about accepting the election results if he won?  If so, please let the rest of us in on the joke!

And, how will Joe and Meek-a ever explain why Drumpf called them "supporters?"

Amen to every single thing you said.  I love love love this post! 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Amen to every single thing you said.  I love love love this post! 

4 hours ago, Landsnark said:

I'm going to agree in thinking that O'Donnell is not right for the slot.  He's a biased ideologue.  There's a spot for that, but not at 6am.  There's no need to create a super-serious analogue to Fox'n'Friends.  O'Donnell needs to dial it back by like a million.
I don't think Joy Reid is right either.  I view her more as an issues-based analyst.  More of a panelist or issues magazine format host than morning chat show host.  She's too serious for a morning show.
Dreamy McRoberts & Sara Silverman?  Steven Colbert & Hallie Jackson (maybe?), Katie Tur (nah), Kasie Hunt (maybe?)

It's an equation, right?  The two sides of the equation have to balance... (Smart + Funny / Large Personality) = (Traffic Cop x Connections - Ego)
or something like that.

Several years ago, there was some discussion of Willie Geist & Norah "the original Cackles" O Donnell hosting Morning Joe if Mika & Joe went to CBS. Norah joined Chris Licht (EP of Morning Joe) & went to CBS.

4 hours ago, Landsnark said:

or something like that.

O Donnell is still upset at Trump when Trump forced him to back down on saying he only earned 50K per Apprentice episode. Trump was an Executive Producer of the show and earned extra fees based on ratings, syndication etc. O Donnell had to apologize on Morning Joe to Trump.

Morning Joe frequently talks about Trump making a fortune after the election with Trump TV. They haven't discussed the damage that Trump's campaign has done to his hotels, ( reservations down) & other brands. In Toronto, the owners of the Trump Hotel have been trying to cancel their contract with Trump & want his name off the hotel because it is bad for business.

5 hours ago, Padma said:

It's very gross. I don't like either of her personas either, and its creepy to see the change. "Sybil as Bond Villain" is about it! I think in addition to being humorless, she's not very bright and she's kind of a mean girl.  I wish she were as smart and cool as she seems to think she is.

Agreed. It's hilarious to watch Mika get so aggressive with everyone when Joe is away. It would be funny if Joe turned up on set without warning & Mika was ranting at a guest , then be forced to keep quiet & make faces at the screen while Joe was on set.

I would love SNL to do a parody skit of Morning Joe, but I read somewhere that Joe won't allow it. They used to make fun of Chris Matthews , Al Sharpton & Rachel Maddow. I don't know why Morning Joe is exempt.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, oakville said:

Agreed. It's hilarious to watch Mika get so aggressive with everyone when Joe is away. It would be funny if Joe turned up on set without warning & Mika was ranting at a guest , then be forced to keep quiet & make faces at the screen while Joe was on set.

I would love SNL to do a parody skit of Morning Joe, but I read somewhere that Joe won't allow it. They used to make fun of Chris Matthews , Al Sharpton & Rachel Maddow. I don't know why Morning Joe is exempt.

I too would love to see that, but sadly, Morning Joe is its own parody.

• Love 6

Morning Joe frequently talks about Trump making a fortune after the election with Trump TV. They haven't discussed the damage that Trump's campaign has done to his hotels, ( reservations down) & other brands. In Toronto, the owners of the Trump Hotel have been trying to cancel their contract with Trump & want his name off the hotel because it is bad for business.

Yeah I just can't see this being a viable business opportunity for Trump. Remember when Sarah Palin announced her own online news channel? Coz not many other people do, but it was a thing, briefly. Look at Trump's national polls. As they continue to crater, they still represent the maximum audience of Trump TV. And face it, they already got Fox News. As cable providers get more and more concentrated, who is going to give valuable bandwidth to a network that they already know 55-60% of the country will never, ever watch? That's why I think this talk of Joe jumping to Trump TV is a non-starter. And I'm not kidding when I say that Joe has adopted this Gatsby-esque persona of a hardscamble good old boy who now hobnobs with the Greenwich/Nantucket set. And to that set, Trump is just gross. Joe cares a LOT about what that crowd thinks. Hell, he even roots for the Red Sox. 

I too would love to see that, but sadly, Morning Joe is its own parody.

So is Fox and Friends, and The View and SNL does a great job mocking both. There *must* be some deal that was made keeping MJ off limits. And it must come from very high up because Lorne Michaels is super-rich, super-powerful and in general has zero Fs to give. Intriguing.

• Love 4

Right around the 7am mark Joe and Mika did their usual reading of social media and mock people critical of them.  I hate that schtick.   Smug and dismissive is an ugly look for a TV host.  Especially for Mika.

• Love 6

Joe should never utter the words, "As I've been saying..."

Earlier he again tried to walk back his TrumpLove with something about how they disagreed with that Muslim ban.

Way to step out on limb, Joe. How brave.

• Love 9

You'll be shocked to hear that Joe has seen independent polling that has the race much closer than the 5-6 points in the current national polling. Are these polls written in crayon?

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Maire said:

You'll be shocked to hear that Joe has seen independent polling that has the race much closer than the 5-6 points in the current national polling. Are these polls written in crayon?

Disappearing ink.

• Love 4

And we're back.   One day off  and we're back on the "if this happens and that happens and the polls are tightening and Trump is so successful and beat the odds and blah blah blah".  And anyone who disagrees with us is a loser living in their parents' basement.   Not the kind of loser who left her husband for a squinty eyed asshole.  Or a loser who left his seat in Congress amid rumors of affairs and shortly thereafter a young woman was found dead in his office, under rather odd circumstances that to this day don't really add up.   Not that kind of loser. The other kind.  (Note to Mika - stay  away from Joe's desk if you think you're "going to faint". ) 

Also, I think you're all forgetting that Donald Trump knows more than you about whether a business will be successful, and therefore he will be starting an online news channel.    How many of you know how to leverage several near bankrupt businesses into demanding that banks refinance your loans  as well as finance more doomed to fail ventures, and take a lifetime of misogyny, racism, threatening lawsuits to silence criticism or to avoid paying debts into a political campaign?  As if! 

And any thoughts that Joe isn't involved in this on the down low?   Joe was off the day this travesty launched. Coincidence? 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/25/trump-campaign-launches-nightly-news-show.html

• Love 7
2 hours ago, shok said:

Wooh, Dana Milbank really takes on Moaning Joe and Mark Halperin in this WP article. The aftermath of this election in the media is going to be interesting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-lap-dogs-of-democracy-who-didnt-bark-at-trump/2016/10/24/26ba3418-9a28-11e6-9980-50913d68eacb_story.html

Yes!  Wasn't that awesome?  I read it on the subway this morning on my way to work.

It's one thing to see Joe and Mark Halperin's assholery play out on television; it's horrifying to actually read what they said.  They, along with Meek-a, deserve every bit of ridicule that comes their way and I hope that it continues long after this nightmarish election season ends.

• Love 7

I watched yesterday's show last night. That exchange between Mika and Michael Steele was absolutely disgusting.  How dare Mika have that holier than thou look on her face while questioning why Steele was supporting Trump this whole time when HELLOO??!!!!  Mika!  you were too! At least the man is a Republican. However, I remember when he was "supporting" Trump he would always say ...the Republicans have spoken and this is who they chose. How can a party go against that?  After giving this a lot of thought during the show I realized if the R's DID go against 14 million votes well we would be living in another country right?  The people have spoken but the higher ups feel they are wrong so they are going to go ahead and select who they think should be the candidate. Screw democracy.  They can't do that.   They could have tried to stop this loser from getting there in the front place and that's on them and oh yeah that's on the Media too...like YOUR show Mika.  Remember the days when you allowed Trump to call in every...single...day bloviating about how wonderful he was and how everyone else sucked??!   You let him get away with that garbage over and over again.  He had a cushy comfy platform to spew his stupidity on your morning show everyday.  So don't sit there and judge someone else and pretend you didn't do all those things over and over.    I wanted to smack her smug face.   I think Michael Steele wanted too as well judging by the looks he was giving her.  "like really??! you are going to sit there and say this to me when you and I both know what you and your sidekick have been doing for the past 16 months?" . But of course, he can't say all that so he just sat there looking incredulous at her. 

HOW ARE THEY STILL HOSTING THIS SHOW??!

Edited by scoobie1
  • Love 11

And who the fuck are all these secret Trump voters.

Funny thing, just as MJ was revealing to all of us that there is a secret cabal of Trump voters who only speak to Joe & Mika, a correspondent on GMA was saying that there is no way all these national and state polls are going to be wrong and that millions of people will vote for Trump while lying about it.

How about the guy in PA who supports Trump but won't vote?  There's your Trump supporter.  Yeah it's fun to go to a rally and yell shit about minorities and women, but vote?  Shit man it's hunting season!!! 

• Love 11

The other thing I don't understand is why at this stage of the game they aren't talking about ground games of both campaigns?  It's clear Clinton HAS a ground game, an amazing one at that.  It's clear Trump doesn't have one at all.  How are all these magical Trump voters who are sort of on the fence going to get the motivation to actually vote?  As they MUST know by know it isn't enough to tell a pollster you are going to vote for a candidate you actually have to, you know, do it.  That transition from A to B doesn't always happen. People get complacent, lazy, and maybe too busy to get out there on reckoning day.  That's why the ground game is so important right now.  Yet no one this show, at least not that I heard, seems to be talking about.   I can't deal with Joe's "what if" scenarios that make it seem like Trump is somehow going to have an about face in the last 2 weeks of this thing and all of sudden garner all the votes he clearly doesn't have now.  

• Love 5

And who the fuck are all these secret Trump voters.

I'm not saying that this is a valid theory.....but the theory is, the secret Trump voters are the ones who are too ashamed to admit to a pollster they they're voting for Trump, so they are getting counted as undecided in polls. Of course this theory is banking on the existence of people who realize that voting for Trump is embarassing, but are going to do it anyway. A good way to test this is to see if the major polls are robo-polls or live callers, but this show hasn't got into that level of detail. The former often has less of this, because people don't mind telling a computer that they're voting for an unpopular candidate. What this show has also never discussed is if there are secret Hillary voters - eg moderate Republicans (male especially). Actually I think Katty Kay brought it up in passing a few weeks ago and nobody cared.

The other thing I don't understand is why at this stage of the game they aren't talking about ground games of both campaigns?  It's clear Clinton HAS a ground game, an amazing one at that.  It's clear Trump doesn't have one at all.

Did you watch the show this morning? They said this exact thing in the first block, repeated at 8am. Admittedly, they didn't spend a lot of time on it. Barnicle mentioned it. Joe says he thinks Hillary's GOTV resources are overstated. I think he's nuts. Every Dem machine is working for her and those guys know what they're doing.

As usual, the most interesting guest and story - on how a Russian ex-pat is helping us stave off hacking from foreign governments - was put at the 8:55 spot and given 3 rushed minutes. But hey, let's here some hacky pollster yammer on about "Walmart moms" (whatever they are) for 10 minutes.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, scoobie1 said:

The other thing I don't understand is why at this stage of the game they aren't talking about ground games of both campaigns?  It's clear Clinton HAS a ground game, an amazing one at that.  It's clear Trump doesn't have one at all.  How are all these magical Trump voters who are sort of on the fence going to get the motivation to actually vote?  As they MUST know by know it isn't enough to tell a pollster you are going to vote for a candidate you actually have to, you know, do it.  That transition from A to B doesn't always happen. People get complacent, lazy, and maybe too busy to get out there on reckoning day.  That's why the ground game is so important right now.  Yet no one this show, at least not that I heard, seems to be talking about.   I can't deal with Joe's "what if" scenarios that make it seem like Trump is somehow going to have an about face in the last 2 weeks of this thing and all of sudden garner all the votes he clearly doesn't have now.  

Thank goodness sanity prevails on MSNBC in the evening.  Not only does the Drumpf campaign not have a ground game, but he has few, if any, high-profile surrogates on the campaign trail.  Nor, are he and his surrogates always on the same page.  The increasingly haggard Kellyanne Conway says one thing; Drumpf says and does the opposite.

While Joe's treatment of Drumpf hasn't (yet) reached O'Reilly and Hannity levels, one would have to blind not to see the favorable treatment Joe and Meek-a gave him for months.  They can keep denying, lying and signifying all they want.  The fact remains that viewers were commenting about their being willing participants in Drumpf's three-ring circus in real time.  

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

How about the guy in PA who supports Trump but won't vote?  There's your Trump supporter.  Yeah it's fun to go to a rally and yell shit about minorities and women, but vote?  Shit man it's hunting season!!! 

He seemed smart.

• Love 2

Tuesday Recap.

Mika is wearing a black shirt with a gold Unitarian scarf. Joe is wearing a navy blue fleece. Joe made fun of Cleveland being the mistake on the lake. He thinks the Cubs will win.

New polls. Hillary up 46-41. Joe said the race is tightning from 12 points to 5 points a week.

The Obamacare premiums are up 25%. Some voters may get mad at Hillary for this.

Confusing polls in NC. Hillary up 1-7 points.

Posh Katty said the Obamacare premium rises are affecting her servants. She moaned  that she let one of servants her take some scones home with her to feed her family. Posh Katty said the cost of Botox treatments has increased.

Barnicle said turnout, voter suppression & down ballot votes will be important.

Joe said Hillary turnout of African Americans is lower than expected.

African American leaders want Hillary to help get turnout higher. They aren't doing as well as Obama.

Joe said Trump shot himself in several body parts after the first debate.

The panel was upset that Obama hasn't fined young people for not buying Obamacare. Too many sick people are accessing the health care system.

Joe took shots at Hillary's staff. He hates Cheryl Mills for getting hillary in trouble.

The Alicia Machado attack was planned in Dec 2015. They waited till the debate.

Katty said that was smart politically.

Robbie Mook wants to be transparent. Mook is the only transparent person on the campaign.

Wikileaks proves Hillary thinks sanders & his supporters are naive dufuses.

cuak said Ryan is in trouble if GOP majority in the house is only 15 seats. Rebellion against Ryan.

Joe bragged about tossing out Gingrich.

If Trump is close, he could lead the revolt against Paul Ryan.

Bret Stephens said he is leaving the GOP.

The California National Guard wants the bonuses repaid for combat veterans in Iraq.

Cizilla said there arre secret Trump voters 1-2%.

Trump is spending too much time criticizing the media.

Brokaw is upset at Trump for criticizing the media. They helped him get the nomination.

Brokaw is upset that some states vote for Trump in record numbers. No counties in Oklahoma voted for Obama.

He wants Hillary to listen to people in Trumland.

Brokaw wants Hillary to leave the beltway & speak to people in the USA.

Mini Joe Jacob spoke to weird looking people in Penn. Some will vote for Jill Stein & Trump.

Peter Wehner said Trump could be like a fever that goes away or he could be like cancer that needs chemo.

Joe read several insults that Trump made about Mika & some about himself. They left out all the girlfriend insults,

Mika was much quieter today.

Joe showed pictures of Barnicle's sons wedding. Mika clapped at the annoying sidekick with fancy hair . It was his birthday. I can't remember his name.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, oakville said:

Wikileaks proves Hillary thinks sanders & his supporters are naive dufuses.

The panel failed to note that Bernie said that in his emails, they were not nice to Hillary.

There was a blonde that basically said that the emails were typical campaign emails. no biggie.  There was also something about how if this is the big October surprise, it was a dud.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Dagny said:

The panel failed to note that Bernie said that in his emails, they were not nice to Hillary.

There was a blonde that basically said that the emails were typical campaign emails. no biggie.  There was also something about how if this is the big October surprise, it was a dud.

Willie Geist had said that the summary of the emails revealed so far showed that the Clinton campaign didn't take Bernie too seriously. I don't think the Sanders campaign emails were hacked.

Barnicle was upset at Wikileaks for not releasing the Alicia Machado emails until after the debate. Perhaps the emails were only obtained last week?

2 hours ago, Landsnark said:

He seemed smart.

I think mini Joe was trying to make the point of Trump's comments about rigged elections depressing Trump turnout as well as Hillary's

• Love 1

Quick question for the USA posters. What percentage of Americans are affected by the Obamacare premiums? If you were covered by your employer, would your premium or co pays rise as well? Morning Joe did not explain how many voters would be affected by the rising premiums.

2 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Thank goodness sanity prevails on MSNBC in the evening.  Not only does the Drumpf campaign not have a ground game, but he has few, if any, high-profile surrogates on the campaign trail.  Nor, are he and his surrogates always on the same page.  The increasingly haggard Kellyanne Conway says one thing; Drumpf says and does the opposite.

While Joe's treatment of Drumpf hasn't (yet) reached O'Reilly and Hannity levels, one would have to blind not to see the favorable treatment Joe and Meek-a gave him for months.  They can keep denying, lying and signifying all they want.  The fact remains that viewers were commenting about their being willing participants in Drumpf's three-ring circus in real time.  

Agreed. Joe discussed how Romney's campaign faltered in 2012. He was anti immigration in the primary with the self deportation plan. He had to move to the center during the general election.

Joe & Wehner were sad that GOP voters demand tough policies during the primaries that most of the non GOP electorate won't accept during the general election.

2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Quick question for the USA posters. What percentage of Americans are affected by the Obamacare premiums? If you were covered by your employer, would your premium or co pays rise as well? Morning Joe did not explain how many voters would be affected by the rising premiums.

About 6% will be affected.

Most people either have insurance from their employer, are on Medicare/Medicaid, or receive subsidies from the government to cover the rising premiums.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I'm not saying that this is a valid theory.....but the theory is, the secret Trump voters are the ones who are too ashamed to admit to a pollster they they're voting for Trump, so they are getting counted as undecided in polls. Of course this theory is banking on the existence of people who realize that voting for Trump is embarassing, but are going to do it anyway. A good way to test this is to see if the major polls are robo-polls or live callers, but this show hasn't got into that level of detail. The former often has less of this, because people don't mind telling a computer that they're voting for an unpopular candidate. What this show has also never discussed is if there are secret Hillary voters - eg moderate Republicans (male especially). Actually I think Katty Kay brought it up in passing a few weeks ago and nobody cared.

Did you watch the show this morning? They said this exact thing in the first block, repeated at 8am. Admittedly, they didn't spend a lot of time on it. Barnicle mentioned it. Joe says he thinks Hillary's GOTV resources are overstated. I think he's nuts. Every Dem machine is working for her and those guys know what they're doing.

As usual, the most interesting guest and story - on how a Russian ex-pat is helping us stave off hacking from foreign governments - was put at the 8:55 spot and given 3 rushed minutes. But hey, let's here some hacky pollster yammer on about "Walmart moms" (whatever they are) for 10 minutes.

I don't often have time to get to the last segment of the show. It's weird how they are putting the interesting policy stories at the end of the show. Why?

They waste too much time on campaign horse race stories. For a poll obsessed guy like Joe, why dosn't he study the methodologies of each poll to see if that explains the different results?

5 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

About 6% will be affected.

Most people either have insurance from their employer, are on Medicare/Medicaid, or receive subsidies from the government to cover the rising premiums.

Thanks! The US medical system is very confusing for Canadians to understand. We only have government healthcare here. Dental & other services are private but generally covered by the employer.

3 hours ago, scoobie1 said:

I watched yesterday's show last night. That exchange between Mika and Michael Steele was absolutely disgusting.  How dare Mika have that holier than thou look on her face while questioning why Steele was supporting Trump this whole time when HELLOO??!!!!  Mika!  you were too! At least the man is a Republican. However, I remember when he was "supporting" Trump he would always say ...the Republicans have spoken and this is who they chose. How can a party go against that?  After giving this a lot of thought during the show I realized if the R's DID go against 14 million votes well we would be living in another country right?  The people have spoken but the higher ups feel they are wrong so they are going to go ahead and select who they think should be the candidate. Screw democracy.  They can't do that.   They could have tried to stop this loser from getting there in the front place and that's on them and oh yeah that's on the Media too...like YOUR show Mika.  Remember the days when you allowed Trump to call in every...single...day bloviating about how wonderful he was and how everyone else sucked??!   You let him get away with that garbage over and over again.  He had a cushy comfy platform to spew his stupidity on your morning show everyday.  So don't sit there and judge someone else and pretend you didn't do all those things over and over.    I wanted to smack her smug face.   I think Michael Steele wanted too as well judging by the looks he was giving her.  "like really??! you are going to sit there and say this to me when you and I both know what you and your sidekick have been doing for the past 16 months?" . But of course, he can't say all that so he just sat there looking incredulous at her. 

HOW ARE THEY STILL HOSTING THIS SHOW??!

Mika & Joe are obsessed with trying to rewrite their support of Trump from June 2015-May 2016. Someone should sit down with them & tell them to stop becoming personal friends of the of the people they cover.

They have been doing this since Chris Christie became Governor of NJ. It usually ends badly for them.

• Love 2
On 10/24/2016 at 11:27 AM, captain1 said:

Oakville you crack me up!  The "Bond Villainess Collection" LOL

Thanks! I would like to see Mika & Joe come out with a clothing line. Joe's fleece tops looks comfy.

• Love 2
On 10/24/2016 at 10:23 AM, teddysmom said:

I think this is the ruling that was referred to in the NPR story I heard about write ins.  If you write in FDR, or Ronald Reagan, or someone not officially on the ballot, it isn't counted.  

Thanks!. Morning Joe have been discussing for months how many voters would write in names. I wondered if this would be counted. I wonder if more people than normal will spoil their ballot?

Fwiw, the write-in rules vary from state to state. Daily Kos did a review of this issue a while back that is worth Googling. There are a few states (mostly small ones) that count write-ins, even if the candidate never filed eligibility papers.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Thanks! The US medical system is very confusing for Canadians to understand. We only have government healthcare here. Dental & other services are private but generally covered by the employer.

I've been to Montreal twice.  I am not happy with either candidate, so would you guys let me back in?  I promise I won't be a drain on the system. : )

• Love 3